Author Topic: Endeavor XLIV  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Endeavor XLIV
« on: August 04, 2023, 11:19:50 PM »
Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 30 de julio al 7 de agosto de 2023

I know I have a match this weekend, but I got a lot on my mind after the last show so if I start rambling, well, I could give two shits whether you like it or not.

After the last show in whatever city we were in - Sorry, I'm a little fuzzy on the details. I guess, apparently, that superkick from Georgie Robertson must have been more devastating than I thought - I was on the hunt. If it wasn't for the security, referees, and personnel holding me back from reaching the Bombshells lockerroom, I'm pretty sure I would be going to jail that night. And if Ms. Rocky Mountains wasn't being the annoying April O'Neal she usually is, she would be the first casualty.

One thing is for sure, two things are for certain. The only reason why Georgie girl gets to live and tell the story is by the grace of God and because I'm a nice person. Maybe not all the time, but most of the time.

That Bombshell Roulette Championship match was mine for the taking. I was ready to make Jessie Salco lose her smile at the go-home show and end that reign. But Georgie had to ruin it. You know what? That's okay, that's okay. I hope Georgie wins at the go-home in Brazil next weekend, because when I win Queen for a Day at Violent Conduct, I'm going to make her life a living hell.

Don't take it as a threat, don't take it as a warning, take it as a promise.

But let's get this back to where it should be. I have a match this weekend against one-half of the reigning and defending Mixed Tag Team Champions of the world. Eiley.

Eiley came into SCW looking to make a name for herself and even though she's been here just over four months, she already has a title over her shoulder, or around her waist. Consider me convinced Good on her. She has potential. Seems to happen a lot for the new girls around these parts. They hit the ground running, win a couple of matches. If they're lucky, maybe they go a few months undefeated or unpinned. Sooner or later, though, that shine starts to come off. That shiny, new toy, it's not shiny anymore, it's not new anymore, either.

You can throw out Eiley going undefeated. She lost her debut match entering the Blast From the Past Tournament. Now, granted, not every Bombshell will win the lottery by getting a Despayre or a J2H as a tag partner, but, hey, at least she tried.

Going unpinned didn't last long either because not even two months in, Eiley was handed her first loss - by someone just as new in the wrestling business as she is. Here I thought Eiley was going to show her mentor Mikah proud with a win over Aleesha, but I guess she had other plans.

3:10 to Yuma.

But, hey, Eiley bounced back from that loss. And now after Summer XXXTreme, she has a title to her name, so all is right in the world. And she beat Samantha Marlowe recently, an SCW Hall of Famer and the all-around goody-two shoes of the Bombshells Division. Maybe she's turning the corner. Except when she did, she just ran into a Bombshell who isn't simply going to roll over and die.

See, Eiley, the moment Christian Underwood booked this match should have told you that you are about to have one of those days where you wished you never came to work. I don't play games, I win games, little girl. And you picked the wrong opponent to fuck with.

I won't get my match against Jessie, so I have to settle getting my hands on you this weekend. And when I do – and I will – I'm going to do the one thing your parents should have done when you were a kid, and that's by kicking your ass. Honestly, if this is how your attitude was when you were a kid, I can see why your parents gave you up.

I get that a lot of my success is tied to my accomplishments and championships, records that I've set, tied, or broken over the years - a few are so impressive they may never be broken. Some people say that glory days have passed me by, and maybe they're right. That same argument has been used by everyone since.

But before the lights came on, before the cameras were rolling, before the closeups were taken, before the championships, records, and accomplishments were won, there was a girl, a porteña, who didn't know a wrist lock from a wrist watch.

As a matter of fact, I didn't even want to become a wrestler. I did the modelling thing, I dabbled in acting. I wasn’t born knowing about wrestling, I wasn't fortunate to have someone in my family tree show me the ropes. I was a late bloomer who climbed the ladder to get to where I am today in my career. I was a champion many times over in many promotions but I came through the doors of Sin City Wrestling with nothing. I didn't become a star overnight.

I started from the bottom, now I'm here.

It's been a decade of dominance ever since.

These days, I don't carry around the top title, or any title for that matter, I don't main event as often as I used to, and my name doesn't strike fear in the hearts of opponents, that much is certain. Wins for me have become a premium. You can even take away the championships, the records, the accomplishments, all the things that made me great.

But at the end of the day, I'm still Mercedes Vargas. I am still a living legend. And win or lose, title or no title, before my prime, in my prime, or past my prime, I will STILL be a living legend.

So, then, the question you should be asking isn't what happens if I don't win, Eiley.

It's what happens if I do.

You're probably thinking, 'Mercedes is not better than me. She's just much, much older than me.' And you're not wrong. But then again, I'm not a Bea Barnhart or a Ruby Steele, opponents anybody could beat while blindfolded and one hand tied behind their back. I'm certainly not Samantha Marlowe who probably had an off night against you. You're facing someone who can still beat any Bombshell, on any Climax Control or supercard, in any match, at any time. Ask around, they'll tell you.

And if you do happen to beat me Sunday, if you happen to pin my shoulders to the mat, Given the chance, if you pin me, that silences all the critics, doubters, and naysayers that I you just beat another SCW Hall of Famer. Momentum or no ahead of your title defense with Oliver at Violent Conduct, you still won't be making it to Mexico in one piece.

When we step into the ring, you better hope you're as good as your threats Sunday and I want you to give me the challenge that I know you can and will be. Can you do that, mamita? The world will be watching and waiting and wondering that very same thing. Take your best shot, Eiley, and it better be a good one. Because if you don't, as God as my witness, I'll make sure you live to regret it.

I want it all. Every ounce of skill, determination and will you have, Eiley. Because I want to see the look on your face when you give it your all and realize not that you weren't good, but you weren't good enough.

~~~

[Beijing, China is one of the most beautiful and sought after cities you can't experience just once. That's usually the case for most people. For Mercedes Vargas, this was her first time visiting the city, but her third trip to China in more than a decade and first in more than eight years.

Of course, the best part of visiting Beijing was actually leaving Beijing, and the less time Mercedes had to relive the assault by the brazen Georgie Robertson, the better.

Now, if only this flight could get here.

Mercedes has been traveling a lot in her career, and it never fails that most of that time was spent inside an airport. Layovers can be a bit of a headache, but sometimes they can't be avoided. Seemingly bored despite the swank furnishings and entertainment, Mercedes is seen with one hand drinking a cup of coffee, the other hand holding her cellphone as she looks down at her cousin Carmen on the screen through video chat.]

Carmen: Another morning, another great day to be alive. Beijing, huh? I bet you're having a great time. I'm jealous.

Mercedes: Don't be. I was about to go home before I found out I had a match this weekend. I'm traveling to Peru as soon as this layover is over. I can waste so much time refreshing Twitter before boredom sets in.

Carmen: Ah, the dreaded long layover, that break between flights that seems to last forever. I take it you didn't get enough sleep?

Mercedes: Oh, I slept like a baby. Not really. I slept very little on that last flight. To be honest, I'm feeling pretty tired. I know that I'm awake, but I still feel asleep, you know?

Carmen: Did you pick the aisle seat or the window seat if you wanted to sleep on the flight?

Mercedes: My flight was so overbooked I'm lucky I got any seat. You know I always take the aisle seat, Carmen. I don't want to get crushed in a wall by the window seat, I need the freedom to stretch my legs, I wont have to climb over people to get to the restroom, and I can exit the plane faster. Aisle, always.

Carmen: Okay, but don't you want to relax and enjoy the view?

Mercedes: Who the hell wants to see clouds for three hours? That's crazy.

Carmen: You can't see the Rocky Mountains or the Grand Canyon from the aisle seat. Plus, I read somewhere that you can catch germs easily in an aisle seat. You did tell me you're a germaphobe.

Mercedes: I'm also claustrophobic. I guess if it's a short flight, I could take the window, but that's the only exception.

Carmen: Anyone with you?

Mercedes: Just me, exhaustion, and my belongings. And hunger.

Carmen: Let's face it, airplane food isn't the best. So if you've got a layover to kill, you might as well grab something to eat. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Mercedes: Food looks pretty decent. Scrambled eggs, some fruit, and some pudding. It's going to be an all day travel adventure.

Carmen: Aunt Estelle told me what happened. You know, you pick and choose your battles.

Mercedes: I may actually have to fight them. And you don't have to know about all of them.

Carmen: No, just the really important ones.

~~~

Present Day ♦ C U  Z C O,  P E R U

[REC•]

[The scenic surroundings, beautiful weather, and incredible culture have made South America one of the preferred travel destinations. For the adventurous to the zealous, all of South America had something to offer. Peru had its own wonders, from the Inca ruins to iconic landmarks like thr Machu Picchu; cobblestoned alleyways to beautiful monuments,

Each lazy day spent wandering was one more day she did not want to leave. But the sightseeing is over because it was now time to take care of business this weekend. The camera steps back, showing Mercedes walking in and around the city.]

"Welcome to Peru. I'm walking along one of the many markets here in Cusco. The market at Pisac is crowded on Sundays, when all the indigenous people come to the main plaza to sell their goods, but anytime is a good time to visit. The quaint streets of the small village are filled to the brim with vendors selling everything you could imagine. Amazing."

[Mercedes continues talking but not directly at the camera.]

"With less than a month until yours truly, Mercedes Vargas, graces the stage at Violent Conduct, and perhaps maybe leaving this pay-per-view event with the Queen for a Day, I'm so looking forward to facing Zoey, Tempest, and Kim Page in Mexico. Before that, though, I have Eiley as my opponent.

"The only problem is, just how am I going to prepare for this match? As someone who has never faced one of Mikah's prizes students, I should be freaking out, right? Maybe start pulling my hair, right?"

[Mercedes grabs a handful of her hair as she says this]

"I should be pulling my hair out, waking up in cold sweats and biting my nails and worrying about our match. Wait. I think the better question is should I be."

[She pauses for a second.]

"Or, rather, should Eiley be?"

[Mercedes stands to her right, the sun casts an orange haze below the horizon now. Almost despite herself, Mercedes nods in understanding. It was as good a reason as any why she felt strongly the way she did, but it's not like Mercedes booked her own matches or anything.]

"See, because it doesn't matter what the stipulation is. It doesn't matter the count is. I don't have to get ready, I stay ready. Whatever challenge Eiley poses is nothing compared to any opponent that I've beaten.

"Eiley will try her level best to get me off my game, but as she'll find out at Climax Control, the game plays her. I can already tell she's got a mouth on her - typical of anyone trained by Mikah - and very few people have not been able to get under someone's skin the way she has. Something tells me she won't be exchanging Christmas cards with the other Bombshells this year.

"I know she's likely going to mock me for everything that I've done and everything that I am, and that's okay.
If she wants to hold that against me, that's fine. She's not the first, she's not the last. She's just going to be the next to realize first hand why that mistake will be the last thing she will ever do."

[Mercedes stops and turns to the camera, tossing her hair about. Apparently, she was ready to bring this promo to a close as she folds her arms crossed in front of her with an unfazed look.]

"So come on, Eiley. Tell your adoring public what you're going to do to beat me, tell them, and then tell them what you told them. And if you do, and if they take your words as gospel, come look for me. I'll be waiting for you in the ring, waiting for you to come on down. You bring your belt...bring Oliver....bring everything...that...you...have. Because I'm not heading to Peru this weekend just to lose. But somebody has to. Somebody has to lose at Climax Control 369 and unfortunately for you, it will be you."

[Mercedes lifts her head up and runs her right hand through her hair and continues.]

"And after this, that's it, it's over, Eiley. After I beat you, when I stand, victorious, over your limp, lifeless body...."

[Mercedes mimics having her hand raised then her arms goes limp.]

"You will know the difference between fantasy and reality. The reality is you're about to get beat. The fantasy is thinking you had any choice in the matter."

[Her tone softens and she perks up now sounding rather upbeat.]

"No tiene pelos en la lengua. Crees que eres el mejor, chica? Tres palabras simples...Demuéstrenmelo."

[Mercedes tilts her head, looking back at the camera, then raises a finger as if she clearly forgot something she needed to mention.]

"Woops! Sorry, Eiley. I'm not sure if you really understood that. But if you didn't, that's okay, too. Instead of translation, how about I show you first hand why Latinas do it better, and why Mercedes Vargas is the best.

"Long before you knew and long after you remember."

[With a parting wave, Mercedes walks off and we're left with another shot of the Pisac market as we fade.]

[***Fade***]

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)