Author Topic: Endeavor XLIX  (Read 910 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Endeavor XLIX
« on: December 09, 2022, 11:30:32 PM »
Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 4 al 11 de deciembre de 2022

And all is right with the world again.

That match with Jessie Salco sure was something, huh? She has to rank right up there as one of my toughest opponents….ever.

I’m joking, obviously. Losing to Jessie would have been embarrassing. Ever since she ended my Bombshell Roulette Championship reign many moons ago, I promised myself I would never allow Jessie to pin my shoulders to the mat again in a Sin City Wrestling ring.

Maybe she came into our match a little unprepared. Perhaps she came in and overestimated me. Maybe she just wasn’t as focused after her cousin was attacked unprovoked by Melissa. Whatever the reason, yours truly got another victory at her expense, and I can’t say I feel bad about it. And why should I? Because Jessie tried downplaying my win to secure her insecurities? I did what I had to do. She would have done the same.

Sure, beating Jessie isn’t what anyone would make a big deal much less call a statement win, but would I have made the drive to Microsoft Theatre just to finish her off in, say, thirty seconds? You know what? Regardless of how it went down, that counts as a win at the end of the night - and my name etched again in the record books. Did I mention I earned my 80th career win in SCDub and became the first wrestler to reach 50 singles wins?

Not a bad night if I say so myself.

But as far as this week...

I’m facing Zoey Lukas for the first time, and I’m all for it. See, Zoey’s not like most girls. Six foot one, one ninety five. Raw power. Agility. Tough as nails. So was Tempest. Believe me, I haven’t forgotten the morning after I stepped in the ring with her three times last year. She’s the reason I’m taking pain meds to this day.

Zoey probably didn’t enjoy losing her pay-per-view debut to Tempest last month at High Stakes and I definitely picked a bad week standing across the ring from her. I don’t stand a chance, I don’t even have a prayer. In her eyes, I’m not even an opponent.

I’m a ragdoll.

A chew toy.

A sacrifice.

A simple act of charity given by SCW.

Whatever momentum Zoey thought she had in her earlier wins in SCW vanished in thin air the moment she ended up staring up at the arena lights. She probably won’t enjoy what’s going to happen Sunday because I’m primed to ruin her Christmas holiday.

Sunday can't come soon enough. I'm waiting with baited breath for the moment I get the opportunity to step in the ring with another member of the Lukas family and wipe that condescending smirk off their face.

I've done it before, and I can do it again.

I'm going to be ready for Zoey.

Oh yes, indeed.

I’m glad we have the opener for Climax Control because there’s going be some real fireworks Sunday night.

~~~

[Even with how miserable 2022 has been for Mercedes Vargas, and even as she entered her recent match on the brink of a two-month winless drought, the Hall of Famer knew she would be alright.

Many things have changed in the Bombshells Division this year - for better or worse - but at least one thing has remained the same.

Mercedes Vargas is still Mercedes Vargas, and Jessie Salco is still Jessie Salco.]

M E R C E D E S ♦ V A R G A S
SCW | BOMBSHELL
I must be owning stock around here, because it's starting to feel like I own Jessie Salco.

[Much as fans of the Heavy Metal Bombshell might not want to hear it, Mercedes’ retort couldn't have been more accurate. With a chance to bounce back from Salco’s win over her and Bea Barnhart in a Bombshell Roulette Championship number one contender’s match several weeks ago, Mercedes continued her mastery over her fellow Hall of Famer in singles matches, dropping Salco to 1-5 against her and a fourth straight loss. Vargas hasn’t lost to Salco since she was beat for the Bombshell Roulette Championship in April 2016 at Blaze of Glory, which seems like light years ago.]

SCW | BOMBSHELL
Like how Tom Brady always beats the Buffalo Bills or how Aaron Rodgers torments the Chicago Bears every year, I own Jessie Salco.

I was planning on maybe recreating the Aaron Rodgers moment when he was yelling at Bears fans after he ran for a game-sealing touchdown last year, but that would be adding insult to injury, especially after Jessie’s cousin was assaulted by Melissa earlier in the night.

[Unfortunately for Jessie, Mercedes might not be done with her. These rivals have shared the six-sided ring at least once since Mercedes joined SCW back in 2013.]

SCW | BOMBSHELL
I don't think this is my last one against Jessie, but I have enjoyed every single one of them. Looking forward to our future match in 2023, hopefully.

[For now, Mercedes’ future, at least her immediate one, now turns to one Zoey Lukas, her opponent Sunday on the milestone 350th episode of Climax Control, the final SCW event of 2022 and the go-home show leading up to Inception VI in mid-January, where Vargas challenges Kayla Richards for her Bombshell Internet Championship in a return match from Climax Control 346 last month, which Vargas loss by submission.

If anything, Zoey Lukas is far from a warmup match, or a pushover for that matter. She also had two things going for her: she towers over most of the Bombshells at a statuesque six feet one (the only one taller is Tempest, who Lukas lost to recently at High Stakes XII on Halloween eve, at six foot three), and she’s the younger sister of former three-time Bombshell Champion Alicia Lukas.]

SCW | BOMBSHELL
I’m going to have my work cut out for me against Zoey Lukas, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I never backed down from a challenge before, and I’m not about to start now. Zoey thinks she can exceed expectations at my expense?

[Mercedes spreads her arms wide, obviously a clear invitation and challenge.]

SCW | BOMBSHELL
Tráelo.
Bring it.

~~~

[Split screen. Mercedes is driving while Irma is on the phone from her house. Mercedes watched Irma with the dabs and strokes coming together into a nature scene. Irma continues adding paint on top of still-wet paint.]

Irma: Hey, how did your match go?

.::MERCEDES::..
Wouldn't you like to know?

.::IRMA::..
Uh, yeah, that's why I asked.

I won, for the first time in a long time. It’s like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. Colors are brighter. Coffee Is richer. The sky is bluer.

Funny, because you were making a big deal out of it the moment the card was announced.

Even the best loses matches sometimes. Like I said, it's nothing to worry about. I’m sure I’ll be back in a title scene sooner than I think. I’m heading to San Francisco.

Oh?

I don’t always go to San Francisco. But when I do, I like to sing the jingle to Rice-A-Roni. Don’t judge me.

It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive.

What are you up to?

Another art exhibition this weekend and I got a few samples I want to show off. I think I’m getting this water color ice cold. How’s the memoir coming?

Slowly, but surely. Like my career.

[Irma gives a long hard look at Mercedes. She wanted to say something, but decided to hold her tongue. Getting up, she mutes her TV playing The Joy of Painting.]

I know this book was really hard for you. How are you dealing with everything?

I don’t know. I mean, there’s still so much to tell, so much to do. I’ve been putting it off for so long. I’m coming up on another contract year, so I have a lot of decisions to mark.

We just show you how, but you make the decisions. When you have this much power, you make the decisions. There’s beauty in every tree and bush. Just take the time to look at them.

That was deep. I guess I never thought about it that way. Who told you that one?

The Joy of Painting. Bob Ross should be a philosopher.

Present Day ♦ S A N T A M O N I C A, C A L I F O R N I A

[REC•]

[Cloudy skies. Mercedes Vargas, hidden behind a pair of sunglasses, is standing in front of the Paul Smith wall, the famous big pink wall where people post photos and selfies. Mercedes is shown thumbing through some glossy magazine. As if on cue, the SCW Hall of Famer looks up and unconsciously puts the magazine away and leans over towards the camera, grinning. Her hair has clearly been done up here too, messy curls pinned back in a half updo and ordained with a black rose tucked on the left side of her hair.]

“So, my recent match two weeks ago was a success. I'm the number one contender for the Bombshell Internet Championship again. And it's not like I really need it because let's face it, I can get a title shot for any title against anyone and at any time, but it's a nice feeling all the same. In just a few weeks, it's going to be me and the great and powerful Kayla Richards in Stockton, California. But that’s in five weeks.”

[Mercedes holds up five fingers.]

“The date is set and the time has come. This weekend, all roads leads to San Francisco, California for Climax Control 350. Climax Control 350 is a landmark for Sin City Wrestling. Climax Control 350 marks 350 episodes of yours truly bringing smiles to your faces. I’ve been known for making memorable moments and history over the years. I've been on the milestone 75th, 100th 125th, 175th, 200th, 250th, and 300th episodes of Climax Control. Did you think I would miss this night? Not for nothing would I miss this night.

“When I said last week that I wanted a match for the milestone 350th episode of Climax Control, I have to say I was surprised when I came across this weekend‘s card. Not so much that I’m opening the show - wherever I am on the card is required viewing - but that I get none other than Alicia’s younger sister. The fact that Zoey has beaten the likes of Jessie Salco and Samantha Marlowe says a lot about her talent in the ring. Zoey is related to one of the very best professional wrestlers not just in Sin City Wrestling but in the game today, and for good reason. Alicia is celebrated in SCW for what she’s accomplished: a three-time Bombshell Champion; she once held the records for the longest singles reign and most singles defenses; the first woman and one of only two to win both Wrestler and Woman of the year. Again, for good reason.”

[Mercedes raises a finger in a wait-a-minute gesture as a smile crosses her face.]

“But, see, Mercedes Vargas has never been known as a slouch, or a wallflower, or someone who backs away from a challenge. I live for matches like these, Zoey. Because no matter how high the stakes, no matter the odds, no matter how intense the pressure, I always answer the bell. Come Sunday, the world will be watching and waiting and wondering if you can pull off an encore performance. And at the end of the night, they will have their answer.

“There are few better in the women’s division than yours truly so I must have done something right to earn this match. Every person who calls themselves a wrestling fan owe to themselves to get in the building to witness it all go down. Climax Control 350, the final SCW event of 2022 and the first time yours truly, Mercedes Vargas, will step in the ring with Zoey Lukas.

“It will be the first time, and the only time, I will once again make history by accomplishing something no woman has done before or since. And that is beating Alicia and Zoey Lukas in an SCW ring.

“You love to see it.

“Come for the action, stay for the drama. Don't blink, you might miss something.”

[Mercedes fluffs and straightens out her hair, lowering her voice just above a whisper.]

"Estar preparado para lo peor, esperar lo mejor. Y que la suerte está siempre en su favor.”
"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. And may the odds be ever in your favor."

***Fade***

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)