Author Topic: ENDEAVOR XLIII  (Read 688 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
ENDEAVOR XLIII
« on: July 29, 2022, 11:25:13 PM »
[Need to know today's forecast? Want to know tonight's Lotto numbers? Sorry, Mercedes Vargas is probably not the person to ask. If you're looking for spoilers for the Summer XXXTreme pay-per-view three weeks ago, well, you're just fresh out of luck. Even if she was eerily accurate on every match at the supercard, though that was few and far between, she would have enjoyed this night more.

Mercedes sat in her Porsche Cabriolet on a cool night in Los Angeles, stuck in a pensive mood on the night that was as she contemplates on what could have been. The Hall of Famer has made a career out of making moments and making history. That night aboard the Sun Princess, history was denied - again.

It’s tough losing a title match. It’s even tougher on pay-per-view. Before she was set to board for another international trip, how would she psyche herself out of another defeat at one of her most unluckiest supercards this time around?]

M E R C E D E S ♦ V A R G A S:

“I was this close, this close. Can we just say that I’m cursed at Summer XXXTreme? God must be punishing me. I mean, even Jessie Salco finally won at Summer XXXTreme. How do you go ten straight events without winning at least once?! Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for her. In a perfect world, no one should lose that many times but that’s crazy!”

[An unapologetic shrug follows. Point made.]

M E R C E D E S ♦ V A R G A S:

“Melissa won the Ultimate X match and the Bombshell Roulette Championship, good for her. I feel awful just thinking what she must be going through right now. Winning a championship is one thing, keeping it is another. Next.”

[And then then there was what happened at the first Climax Control following Summer XXXTreme at CC 336.]

“Beating up Kat Jones after her loss to Crystal last week. Do I have any regrets? Hmm, let me think about that. No. Can’t say that I have. I bet she never sent it coming though. Serves her right for what she said about me. Well, here's the wakeup call she never saw coming: it's time to shape up or ship out.”

[When asked about Mercedes’ match with Masque de Lune, the Argentine bristled at the question.]

“I don’t know why this match didn’t happen sooner. They say you often meet your fate on the road you take to avoid it. Well, I think we’re on a collision course this weekend and I bet those fans can’t wait to see how this ends. Me crushing Masque’s throat under my boot would be great.

“I'm one of SCW’s mainstays, and I wasn't even here on the first show. If Sunday is the last time you see me in an SCW ring, would you tell Oprah I love kittens?”

[You can't fault Mercedes for the ambition -- she’s not going to get up there and say he's happy just to make the card for-- but both she and SCW fans will likely be disappointed this weekend if they're actually expecting an upset.]

“For as long as I've been here, I haven’t back down from a challenge, and that's not about to start now. Ask around, they’ll tell you. At the end of the day, Masque can be beaten. It’s been done before, it can happen again.

I’m ready for it. Let’s go.”

[Cautiously optimism or foolish endeavor. Sometimes the lines are blurred. One thing was for sure, she wasn’t going to be no one’s martyr if she could help it.

For whom the bell tolls? She would answer it.]

~~~

Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 26 al 31 de julio de 2022

Some people are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them. Some have the longevity, others have consistency but rarely does someone has both such as yours truly. Thing is, it seems to me that when you’re good, nobody remembers you. When you’re bad, nobody forgets you.

Life is funny like that.

I am a bonafide legend and my accomplishments speak for themselves. I have accomplished nearly everything I could have ever dreamed of and then some. I've had my share of ups, downs, failures, and successes and coped with them all. Of course, the difference between me and the laundry list of names who breezed through this company? I came out stronger for it. That's why you'll never see me leave this promotion unless I'm CARRIED out, something neither one of you, even with the same brain cell, will be capable of doing. Go ahead and mock my title reigns while you're at it. The record book still says I'm the most decorated champion in this company, and that’s never going to change.

The SCW Women's division has risen to a new level. Maybe it’s a course correction. Or maybe I’m just looking too deep into it because the times, they are a changing. I’m not better than anyone else, but nobody is better than me. Nobody. I built the foundation and can still compete with whoever is brave enough to stand in my way.

That isn’t arrogance. It's the facts. And you can’t argue with facts.

But let’s get this back to where it should be.

Everybody knows about Masque de Lune. She has no conscience and sleeps great at night with no concern over her misdeeds. Similar to Amber Ryan. And yet, out of pure jealousy or spite or malice, all it took was a brutal assault to make Masque public enemy number one in Sin City. Mostly every Bombshell wanted her blood, some still do. It didn’t stop at Summer XXXTreme when she got exposed, let’s make that clear. Now, I was taught to never kick someone while they’re down - and most people with violent tendencies wouldn’t stop at that when it comes to Masque these days - because more often than not they will get back up again.

Roxi was right as rain when she said that Masque will be coming for her because she didn’t stop Masque, she just slowed her down. Until that time, Masque will no doubt circle the date she and Roxi meet again. For now, Masque has a date with me this weekend. But you know something, I get the feeling I’m not going to like this date very much. On the night of my milestone 200th career match, I guess I wasn’t as lucky as Jessie Salco when she had her 200th match last week, but those are the cards I’ve been dealt with, so I’m going to deal.

The fact that Masque failed to win the Bombshell World Championship from Roxi Johnson three weeks ago is not lost on me. I also know Masque has been looking forward to our match for awhile because as you might remember, it was me and Diamond Steele taking on Masque and Amber until Diamond had a change of heart and bailed on me at the last second so the match had to be changed. Again, I wasn’t going to take on Masque and Amber by myself and I sure as hell wasn’t going to face them with a new partner so I took the night off. I’m sure Masque and Amber were disappointed, but the Metal Maniacs are always after a good time, so I’m glad they stepped up when they did.

Only this time, I’m going to step up and back it up.

Masque wanting to face me this weekend probably makes her want to tap dance down the aisle. She has an appetite for destruction that makes Twisted Sister and Iron Maiden seem pale in comparison. Maybe I’m a glutton for punishment. Or, maybe, just maybe, I’m looking forward to this match too, Masque.

You think you’re so badass and cool with your little plastic mask. Not that I’m scared, not that I care. I don’t care about your mask. You know what that tells me. It tells me your scared, it tells me you’re insecure. When I see my opponent I look them dead in the eye and I want them to look at mine. Because there’s no fear behind these eyes, only anticipation. What are you hiding? Honestly, I don’t care if you have a plastic mask, a prosthetic arm, a glass eye, or a peg leg.

Don’t get me wrong, your record, just like your reputation, precedes you. I won’t let your mask fool me because beyond that lies someone who is a killer. But If you think you can be just as evil and ruthless, just wait until you see the other side of Mercedes Vargas. That’s the side that you will be getting on Sunday. When I rip off that mask of superiority, I want to look into your cold, sullen eyes and see what I see. And for the first time ever, you will know pain, you will know hurt, and you will know loss. And when I beat the ten shades of shit out of you, you’re going to respect me.

There are prime time players and those who say they are. I’m ALWAYS going to show up and show out because I rise to every occasion. I’m not like these other girls you got scurrying around. I’m a different breed and I’m nothing to fuck with. Regardless if it’s you, if it’s Kayla, or Chloe, or Melissa, or someone coming up from Sin City Underground, no matter what happens Sunday, you are going to remember that you were in a fight with me. Full stop. Period. End of story.

This Sunday I will be wearing black because there’s going to be a funeral, but it won’t be mine. Roxi already put the nail in your coffin at Summer XXXTreme and come Sunday, mamita, I’m going to be the hammer that drives it home.

So you tell yourself whatever you need to get yourself to sleep each night, you say whatever words you think will give you some validation but know this... None of it means a damn thing to me. I learned a long time ago that people will say whatever they have to, to get what they want. Just like you're going to convince everyone that you're the best without.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. And may the odds be ever in your favor.

~~~

“So, it’s 2AM and my neighbor is outside mowing his lawn. I’m about to call the cops because what the hell?”

“So miss… Whatchu do for a living?”

[Mercedes Vargas is in the backseat of an Uber as she is driven to the airport. The eyes of the Uber driver seemed interested through the rear view mirror.

Mercedes seems reluctant to answer.]

Mercedes: “Uhhh… I’m a box maker.”

[Mercedes doesn’t always lie about her profession but sometimes she still do so she doesn’t get bombarded with questions. The secret is the most boring the career, the better. She says she’s a sports writer and the Uber driver talks endlessly about his sports team. Say she was a realtor and there are in the market for a new home. It never ends. So box maker it is. Nobody ever wants to talk about making boxes.

Uber driver: A box maker? How did you get into that?

Mercedes: Funny, you say that. I was always told I was good with my hands. And I like keeping things simple. It pays the bills, at least.

Uber driver: So you know your way around boxes? So you’re like the Gordon Ramsey of cardboard?

Mercedes: “Yeeeah … Something like that.”

[Mercedes is so deep in this web of lies she probably thinks she’s actually working for him now.]

Uber driver: That sounds pretty easy.

Mercedes: Oh, trust me, it’s not. I have a deliberating condition that makes me hate waking up early and rather staying in bed.

Uber driver: And there's a word for this?

Mercedes: Clinomania.

Uber driver: Clinomania?

Mercedes: Google is your friend. Look it up.

Uber driver: How do you force yourself to get up every morning to get to work?

Mercedes: Coffee, concealer, and Jesus. Sometimes not in that order.

~~~

Present Day ♦ J A I P U R • I N D I A

[Mercedes is standing in front of City Palace wearing minimal makeup and dressed in a pashminas that cover her shoulders, partly in protest of the heat and partly because of the laws here in India, especially important in religious temples.]

“So it’s been over three weeks since Summer XXXTreme and I’ve had some time to pause and reflect. I didn’t win the Bombshell Roulette Championship, I wasn’t even in the final two in the Ultimate X Over the Pool match, but the last few weeks meant more to me than winning a title could ever have. My mini-winning streak was all I needed to remind everyone in the back AND myself that I’m still a major player in this division. I’m so capable and I’m proud of myself.”

[And why wouldn’t she be? Mercedes wasn’t just a pretty face or another name on the roster. If anything, she was one of if not the most consistent performer on the roster.]

“I’m especially proud about what I did to Kat Jones last week. Did she seriously think she was getting away with what she’s been saying about me? Kat got just what she deserved. If it wasn’t for Melissa getting into my business, Kat would be sitting next to Amber Ryan on the injured list. But Kat isn’t my concern this week. It’s Masque de Lune. Raise your hand if you saw this on your bingo card?”

[The odds of that is slim, but this was still the match the fans thought they didn’t need.]

“Masque de Lune. What do you say about Masque? Well, Masque doesn’t lose very often. She's only lost two matches in the almost six months she's been here, and she's only been pinned once. She’s downright scary. You know what’s scares people more? Success. And every time someone gets to the top there’s haters that want to bring them down. Pillars get knocked down, but foundations stay standing, and I’ve been a foundation in this company for nearly a decade. See, the problem isn't people seeing you too well, Masque. It's people hearing you too well. You seem like a fairly smart girl. Then you start to talk…

“Oh, your words. Your words hurt, your words cut, but they're not a sword. Most of the time when I listen to you, I can't honestly understand a thing you say. All you ever do is
talk in circles.”

[Mercedes makes a circular motion with her hands].

“I'm not here to make fun of you. I'm not looking down my nose at you because you're different, that you dress different. You're an outcast, a pariah. That’s fine by me. Come Sunday, do your worst and bring your best, Masque, because I’ll be right here waiting.

“You want me, come and get me.”

[Mercedes spreads her arms wide, obviously a clear invitation and challenge].

“See you Sunday.”

[Mercedes waves at the camera and smiles. She holds this for a moment as our scene fades].

***Fade***
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 11:50:52 PM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)