Author Topic: “Fallen Angel Part II: Not What I Expected……..” (4350 words in Wprd w/ coding)  (Read 3349 times)

Offline Ariana Angelos

• View Profile
(Keira was used with her handler’s permission)

Following her loss to Julianna DiMaria earlier in the cycle Ariana seemed to be up shit creek without a paddle, her only chance at getting on this year’s High Stakes Card being the open challenge for a tag team match against Team Hero that Keira and Roxi had put out several weeks ago, however fate had other plans for the Greek American Bombshell among others because a shock injury to the current Bombshell Internet Champion Aleesha Jones would result in the title being vacated and the bosses scrambling to not only find a new champion but her challenger at High Stakes, their solution?

A Battle Royal where the winner would not only win the title but would face the runner up at High Stakes! And Ariana’s competition in this match? The returning Kat Jones, Ariana’s new found ally in Luna Vanity, her fellow Go Gym Graduates Tempest and Krystal Wolfe. Mercedes Vargas, Seleana Zdunich, Sam Marlowe, and Zoey Lukas! Can Ari take advantage of this unexpected opportunity and win her first title in over a year?

Backstage at Climax Control 374, San Francisco, California
Sunday the 1st of October 2023, 21:45pm

You know a night’s been chaotic when someone who doesn’t even work for the company gets into the arena, attacks a contracted talent, and leaves just as quickly as they arrived and it’s the least talked about thang that happened on the show!

But that’s exactly what happened tonight, following my argument with Keira I got attacked by Taylor Parker and for those of you who are going “who?!” Taylor is a failed Hero Academy student who was expelled for injuring other students and happens to have a younger sister at Hero Academy who is a far better student.

I swear this sport is just a magnet for dysfunctional families!

The bosses said that they’d investigate how Taylor got into the arena in the first place but that got quickly overshadowed when the World Heavyweight Champion Michael Harris got fired and stripped off his championship for attacking Jasmine St. John following his loss to HB Carter and then laying out the rest of the referee core! If you ask me? They should hurry up and find an excuse to fire Courtney whilst they are at it if they want to purge the top of the mountain of bad actors!

At least my bestie scored the biggest win of his career in the process!

”Ugh! How much longer are you going to make me wait?!” I asked as I glared at the medics whilst they did their jobs, I had been cooped up in the medic’s office since the attack and my only company so far had been Francisco and Krystal when they brought her in following her loss in the Street Fight against Roxi (not that I talked that much with my fellow Go Gym Graduate). ”You let Krystal go forty five minutes ago and what she went through in that street fight was a lot worse than what that idiot did to me!”

“Sorry Ari but it’s the bosses’ orders, Taylor dropped you on your head, we need to make sure that you are healthy and don’t need to go to hospital before we can let you go.” The medic explained to me as he ran his test and I rolled my eyes, what exactly did he expect to find? It’s not like arenas come with x-ray machines just in case of emergency! “The good news is you should be good to go so soon.”

”The bad news is that if SCW hired competent security we wouldn’t be having this conversation!” I snapped at the medic who just shook his head, I rested my chin in the palm of my hand before resting that arm on my leg and glancing up at Francisco. ”I’m guessing everyone else has left Franky?”

”I haven’t checked since I left to get you a snack, but the ones I did see were Krystal and Team Hero.” Francisco explained and I frowned at that piece of information. ”No idea if either of those three women are still around.”

”Krystal has three daughters at home, it stands to reason that she would’ve left at the earliest opportunity.” I responded as I shook my head before the door to the medics office opened, I didn’t bother looking up because I thought it was a custodian asking when he could start cleaning up the room or something. ”And I likewise would like to leave as soon as fucking possible.”

“What did I tell you about calming down?!” I grunted in annoyance upon hearing Keira’s voice and when I glanced up I saw the blonde half of Team Hero entering the office. “I’m sorry for what happened with Taylor, I should’ve kept a closer eye on you.”

”Oh fuck off Keira!” I snapped at the Hall of Famer as I glared at her. ”That moron just happened to attack me after our argument, you honestly expect me to believe that you didn’t put Taylor up to it?!”

“I haven’t had any contact with Taylor since she was expelled from Hero Academy and you should know better than to assume that I’d resort to something like that!” Keira responded angrily before she walked further into the medic’s office until she was standing directly opposite the bed that I was occupying. “So how about you cut the attitude and be honest with me for the first time since the first Climax Control of the cycle, what has gotten into you?!”

”What? You think that I got possessed by Sin as well? Give me a break, I never even interacted with Matthew and his cronies that much when they were managing Krystal.” I responded bitterly as I shook my head and Keira’s frown deepened. ”Besides, I’ve been nothing but honest since Violent Conduct! The bosses have let the likes of Courtney and Michael get away with bending the rules as they see fit for too long and it’s about fucking time that someone stepped up and did something about it!” I added as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”I wasn’t about to go to the back of the line whilst some bitch who needed brass knuckles to beat Roxi got an undeserved title shot! And besides, the bosses need to learn to be a bit more lenient when it comes to their previous plans!”

“I’m not even going to get into how many things are wrong with that statement because otherwise we’d be here all night.” Keira sighed as she ran a hand down her face and I rolled my eyes. “And besides that, have you even seen the card for the Go Home Show? Roxi told me that Krystal got the new card text not long after she was discharged.”

I had to admit, I was curious as to why Keira was bringing that up, as the medic was closer to my phone than I was I motioned to him to pass my phone to me and he complied. ”Okay, looks pretty uneventful for a Go Home show, especially considering the other shows of the cycle had title matches on them but………” I tailed off when I saw the last two matches, the first one was the second match in the Best of Three between Calvin Harris and Miles Kasey, I had expected that because they had announced the men’s Internet Title Match for High Stakes which, surprisingly, wasn’t a tie breaker and instead a Triple Threat between the winner of that match and Eddie Lyons and BRADDOCK but you don’t need me to tell you that that wasn’t the match Keira was talking about, not with SCW’s intergender rules in place.

No, it was the Main Event and when he saw the look on my face? Francisco came over to get a look for himself. ”Battle Royal for the vacant Bombshell Internet Title, you vs. Kat Jones, Luna Vanity, Tempest, Krystal, Mercedes Vargas and Seleana Zdunich?!” Francisco asked with a look of surprise on his face and we both nodded. ”What happened to Aleesha? I think we would’ve heard something about two champions being fired on the same night.”

“She got injured during training, details haven’t been made public but the injury is severe enough to force her to relinquish her title.” Keira explained and Francisco nodded as he got the idea, me? I was still going over the list of talent involved in the match. “Penny for your thoughts Ari?”

”I think you can guess what my thoughts are Keira, this will be my third attempt at winning the Bombshell Internet Title this year, I need to make this count.” I responded with a frown before I put my phone to the side, at which point the medic cleared his throat. ”Only reason I have any interest in what you have to say is if you either heard anything about Aleesha’s injury or I’m free to go so out with it!”

“I was just about to say, the test came up clear and your free to go.” The medic explained and I wasted little time in hopping off the medical bed and grabbing my jacket and phone. “Take it easy for the next week, you’ve got that big match coming up.”

”Thanks Captain Obvious.” I muttered under my breath as I rolled my eyes before I left the medics room with Francisco not realizing that Keira wasn’t that far behind me. ”Franky? The sooner we’re back in Vegas, the better! I’ve got a title match to train for!”

“Don’t you want to talk?” Keira asked and I glanced over my shoulder at the Hall of Famer before shaking y head and continuing down the hallway. “You idolized Team Hero! You said as much when you challenged Roxi for the title in London……….”

”AND SHE WAS RIGHT! I never should’ve met my heroes!” I snapped at Keira as I spun on my heel to face her. ”My SCW Career has been miserable ever since that title match! Yet I’m the bad girl fir wanting to be in control of my own destiny for once in my god damn life!”

“You really think you’re the first one to be screwed out of a title match?!” Keira asked pointedly as she marched up to me. “SCW’s been around since you were a pre-teen Ari, you are hardly the first one to be screwed out of a World Bombshell Title Shot! Can’t you see that I’m trying to help you?!”

”And where the hell was that help during the Violent Conduct cycle?! When my self-confidence was at rock bottom and no one bothered to reach out to me?!”  I snapped at Keira as I let out several deep breaths. ”Oh wait, you were busy with Krystal’s demonic possession! I guess you only help young Bombshells like me when it’s convenient too you!”

“That’s not true and you know it!” Keira insisted and I rolled my eyes in response. “How many times did I try to pick your confidence up during that tour? When you said that the reason you didn’t answer Jessie’s open challenge for the show in Rome because you didn’t think that you’d be a worthy challenger I was right there trying to motivate you!”

”Oh yeah! Thanks for helping me that one fucking time!” I responded as I rolled my eyes before I stormed off without giving Keira a chance to answer back, before she knew it? I had left the arena and was on a Kayfabe Airlines flight back to Vegas after stopping by the hotel for an early checkout and to grab my stuff, Keira may have been my idol once upon a time but for now? I needed to focus on the future.

And that future started with this title match.

Ari’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 2nd of October 2023, 13:00pm

If there’s anything in my life that’s keeping me from going completely insane? It’s my pets at home.

For those who are keeping count? I have two cats, a domestic female cat called Athena and a slowly being domesticated feral cat called Peaches alongside a Golden Labrador called Zeus and the newest member of the household, a Boarder Collie puppy called Oreo.

Yeah, I know, calling a black and white puppy Oreo isn’t exactly the most original idea in the world but I was hungry when I came up with that name.

But back to the point, whilst I was initially taken aback by the insane amounts of exercise Oreo’s breed required (seriously, three hour walks?!) I decided to take her in because I figured what better way to get some exercise in when I’m away from the Go Gym? Plus, Oreo is an adorable puppy so in the end I couldn’t say no.

And speaking of insanely long walks, guess what we just got back from?

”Oreo I swear, you have energy for days.” I sighed as I returned to the house and after closing the door behind me I unhooked her lead from her collar, naturally Zeus was right there with us reacting excitedly to my return whilst Athena was chilling out on a coffee table. ”Franky I’m home!”

”Good, I was just about to call you.” Franky responded as I walked around the two dogs in front of me. ”Just after you left a visitor stopped by to see you, she said that she’s one of your relatives from Greece.”

”That doesn’t narrow things down, I come from a large family and most of them live in Greece.” I responded as I put down Oreo’s lead and Franky poked his head out of the kitchen before pointing to the living room, when I entered the living room it didn’t take me long to recognize the Greek woman. See my mom has two sisters, my aunt Laraine who I learned about my family’s history of mental illness on the woman’s side last December and my aunt Sylvia who lived in Greece and rarely came over to the US, in fact the last time I saw her was when she came over for my wedding, well, this was the second time I saw her and I grinned upon seeing her before greeting her with a big hug. ”Sylvie!” I greeted the older woman happily and she greeted me warmly. ”What brings you all the way from Corfu?”

“Several things Ariana but let’s catch up first.” Sylvia responded before I sat down opposite her. “I see you have settled in well since your wedding, even if your house seems to be turning into a zoo.”

”My neighbours know that I take in strays and I’m usually their port of call before they go to the ASPCA.” I responded as I shook my head before Zeus and Oreo joined us. ”Would be nice if they asked us once in a while but Oreo here is our latest addition.” I added as I picked up the puppy and let her sit on my lap. ”What about you?”

“Ahh, same old, same old, Corfu is still as beautiful as when you last visited it.” Sylvia responded and I had to sigh a bit because that was when I made my SCW debut and so much had changed since then. “But the rest of your family is concerned about your recent behaviour on Climax Control.”

”I should’ve known.” I sighed as I messaged by forehead with the hand with that wasn’t stroking the puppy. ”Sylvie, I’m not a kid anymore! I’m turning twenty three at the end of the month, the last time you were in the US was when I married Franky, I don’t need my family checking in on me like this.”

“That is true but you also suffer from the same mental health problems as the other women in our family.” Sylvia reminded me and I sighed as it sunk in. “And being the only one who is on TV every week? You are drawing more attention to it.”

”No offence Sylvia but shouldn’t that be a good thing?” I asked pointedly as I ran a hand through my long dark hair. ”Yes, I have the same issues as the other woman in the Angelos family, but I’m showing that it’s possible to still be a success in spite of it!”

“That is true, but your neglecting how others on the roster have been reacting too it, you’ve turned away your idols, your friends, and those who don’t like you are using it to attack you.” Sylvia responded as my eyes narrowed. “And yes, I’m referring to that Italian American woman’s comments on Twitter, Julianna DiMaria might be a bad apple but she is right that you need help.”

”Oh sure, take advice from the woman who told me to get help whilst making a joke about my mental health in the same tweet.” I responded as I rolled my eyes. ”Besides, I’ve got a title match to worry about on Sunday, a title match that literally just had a wrestler added to it, this is the last thing I need to hear right now.”

“Is it? Because we’ve taken notice of how miserable you’ve been since that title match in May.” Sylvia responded and my frown deepened. “I’m not saying that you should drop everything and go to a psychologist now, I only ask that you take my advice to see help as soon as possible Ariana, you are a beautiful and intelligent young woman and I don’t want to see you fall victim to the family’s curse.”

”I’ll think about it.” I sighed in response and that seemed to calm down Sylvia for now, I set Oreo on the ground before standing up. ”Come on, you’ve come all this way, I may as well make you lunch.”

“Oh no, no, no, no, you leave that to me Ariana.” Sylvia insisted as she stood up and marched towards the kitchen. “I’ll make lunch for all three of us! Besides, we both know that I’m the best cook in this family.”

Yeah, I wasn’t about to argue with her.

Go Gym Parking Lot, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 3rd of October 2023, 21:00pm

*promo time*

Oh boy.

”Let’s just get this out of the way, did anyone see this coming?” I asked the camera after I turned it on. ”One champ fired and forced to relinquish his title, another champ injured and forced to relinquish her title? It’s definitely going to be a chaotic time in Sin City Wrestling but obvious reasons I’m more interested in the Bombshell Internet Title situation, a situation that’ll be resolved when I step into the ring against Kat Jones, Zoey Lukas, Luna Vanity, Krystal Wolfe, Tempest, Seleana Zdunich, Mercedes Vargas, and the newly added Sam Marlowe in a Battle Royal to determine the new Bombshell Internet Champion and her first challenger! Let’s not waste any more time, Kat? You’re up first on the chopping block!”

Here we go.

”Why start with Kat? Why not? She’s been so critical of me since the cycle began and now that she’s making her in ring return she’s being thrown right into this title match?” I asked as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”I guess they felt the need to include two Bombshells who’s Roulette Title Reigns ended anti-climatically, huh Kat? Well, three if you count Krystal considering how long her reign was! Either way? I’m looking forward to throwing your tired old ass out and showing that a win over Keira doesn’t mean much anymore!”

Next up Zoey.

”And from one disappointment too another, albeit for different reasons, tell me Zoey, does the sting of knowing that you lost out on a Wotld Bombshell Championship Match to me after you got yourself counted out still hurt? Yes? Good!” I asked as folded my arms. ”And what have you done of note since them? Turned Mercedes into a human pancake with Tempest’s help only to choke when you squandered your Queen for a Day privileges? Why does that sound so familiar? It’s not like you have a sister who did the same thing with the same outcome? Oh wait, you do! Only Alicia’s done everything you can’t! this match? It won’t be any different.”

Next up Tempest.

”And whilst we’re talking about Tempest? See the building behind me? The Go Gym? Me and Tempest have sparred there more times than I care to count and the last time we were in a Battle Royal together didn’t end well for me.” I stated before frowning. ”Who knows? Maybe the other Bombshells will actually use common sense and try to get the Bombshell who once injured her back lifting up a car out as soon as possible? Either way, you’re going to choke again Tempest!”

And now for the elephant in the room.

”Can’t really avoid talking about this person can I? I have to go from Tempest to the woman Tempest wrestled at Into the Void, that’s right Krystal, your up!” I stated as I shook my head. ”Frankly? Your chances of restarting our friendship are lower than the chances of Bea Barnhart ever winning the World Bombshell Title and whilst I wanted a match against you Krystal? I wanted it to be one on one, not in a Battle Royal like this! who knows? Maybe we’ll make that match a reality at High Stakes but I’ve got a title to win in the meantime.”

Next up is Sam.

”Sticking within that time period? I’m moving onto Sam next, because the last time I faced Sam was in the Blast from the Past Tournament where I eliminated her and Teddy Warren.” I stated as I thought back to that match. ”One of the favourites to win out in the first round, off course that was before I was eliminated by THE favourites to win but besides that Sam? This match won’t end any differently for you because I’m through being denied as a champion!”

Next up is Luna.

”You know what’s funny? Through all my recent struggles, the one person to stand by my side is someone who I never interacted that much with and guess what? Luna’s in the Battle Royal too.” I stated as I started playing with my hair. ”Whilst I thank you Luna for being my sole light in my recent darkness? It’ll be every woman for herself in this Battle Royal and as one of the two women in this match who I’ve never wrestled? I’ll admit, a title defence against you excites me, but we have to be the final two first!”

Next up is Mercedes.

”Speaking of people I’ve never wrestled, let’s talk about the other person in this match with that distinct honour, the old washed up bitch herself, Mercedes Vargas!” I said as I folded my arms. ”You’ve been around forever Mercedes and everything that you have to show for it is in the distant past! Yet the bosses keep giving you opportunity after opportunity, guess it’s okay to get infinite title chances when you don’t give a shit and just so up to wrestle so you can collect a pay check, right Mercedes? Well, this match is going to be the latest in a long line of failures for you!”

Last up is Seleana.

”And whilst we’re on the subject of failures, last up is a woman who has made a career out of constantly failing to live up to expectations, Seleana Zdunich!” I said as I shook my head in disbelief. ”Not only have you had a terrible year Seleana but you’ve had two big matches that you failed to capitalize on already, Roulette Title Match against Alexandra? Not only did you choke in the match but you almost choked on the fumes from the fire you started, Roulette Rules Match against Georgie just this past week? If that Falls Count Anywhere Match proved anything? It’s that you should stay away from tables, or maybe just title matches in general! But don’t worry, I’ll be on hand to reinforce that in this match!”

Big chance.

”Aside from Kat who literally just unretired, everyone in this match has had a title opportunity this year and came up short, me included! Far as I see it? Alessha’s injury gives me a chance to right a wrong from earlier this year!” I said as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”And if I have to outlast some of the best women’s wrestlers on the roster  along the way? So be it!”

It's that simple.

”If you ask me? There’s no-one hungrier for a title than me in this match! Some of the Bombshells have been in title droughts for months, even years, what sets me apart is that I was just cheated out of what should’ve been my moment!” I said as I let out several deep breaths. ”And just to rub salt in the wound they made that so called champion the special guest ref for a #1 Contenders Match that I never should have been forced to compete in! some might call this a consolation prize for me I call it righting a wrong!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”And the bosses can go to hell if they think otherwise, it’s like I said, I’m through being a doormat and winning this Battle Royal will be a step in the right direction! Frankly? I don’t care who I face at High Stakes, only that I get my first title win at The Fallen Angel Part II: Not What I Expected…….” I trailed off as I clenched a fist. ”This match may not have been what I expected but make no mistake, “The Dark Angel” Ariana Angelos won’t let this slip through her fingers whilst my competition burns in my agonising light! I’ll see you all in the ring!”

I got in my car and drove off as the scene fades.