Author Topic: “Third Time’s the Charm?”  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Ariana Angelos

• View Profile
“Third Time’s the Charm?”
« on: July 25, 2023, 09:12:35 PM »
(Keira was used with her handler’s permission)

Ariana’s losing streak was over as she and Carter picked up the win over the Barnharts after Carter pinned Bill! However that still meant that Ariana had yet to pick up a win on her own since she earned her shot at Roxi at Into the Void, but that could soon change, she just had to beat someone who has defeated her twice in singles competition and once in a Triple Threat to do it, that someone was also a dominant champion.

That’s right, it’s Kayla Richards vs. Ariana Angelos III and whilst this was a non-title match, it held significance for both women! If Ariana won then she would go on to challenge Kayla for the title at Violent Conduct IX but if Kayla won? She would handpick her challenger for the event, can Ariana get the win?

Ariana’s hotel room, Amann, Jordan
Monday the 24th of July 2023, 11:00am

Where do I even begin when it comes to the past two weeks of SCW programming?

The good news is that my losing streak is over, me and Carter got the win over Bill and Bea Barnhart in Rome, the bad news? Carter got the pin on Bill, meaning that I was still winless, and you want to know the really bad news?

Sin was back.

I was on the outside looking in when Keira did away with Sin back in 2020, I was still part of the SCU Women’s Roster at the time after all, but what I saw chilled me to the bone and I was grateful that the threat of Sin was long gone before I even thought about jumping from SCU to SCW like Krystal did in 2021.

Ironic that the same woman who beat me to the punch as far as jumping from SCU to SCW would be the one to bring back Sin.

To be honest, I’m not entirely sure if I understand the Sin situation, Keira hasn’t really been forthcoming and looking back at the Climax Controls and PPVs from the original Sin Saga didn’t really help when it came to context clues, and that’s not even getting into what Krystal did to Ruby Steele last night in their match, to make a long story short? The match was stopped because Krystal broke Ruby’s arm.

And on top of that? I was facing Kayla again next week on Climax Control.

In some ways, this is like my first rematch with Kayla, in that it had Internet Title ramifications, however whilst our last match was about seeing who would head into the Triple Threat against Melissa at Blaze of Glory XI for the title, this time around I’m fighting for my right to challenge Kayla for the title at Violent Conduct! But if I lose Kayla gets to handpick her opponent! Which would possibly mean that I get to challenge Kayla win or lose but that would require Kayla to be a much nicer person than she is.

The fact that Kayla is the only Bombshell who I’ll openly call a bitch on camera should tell you how that will likely go down!

”I’m just gonna say this Franky.” I commented as I turned to my husband who was busy packing away our stuff and Franky looked up. ”I don’t know how the bosses are going to narrow down the selection for “Holy Crap/WTF Moment of the Year” come High Stakes!”

”Tell me about it! The attack on you and Cassie was shocking enough but Krystal seems to find new ways of topping herself each week! And that’s just talking about Krystal!” Francisco nodded in response as he finished packing away his clothes. ”That’s the last of my clothes, and you know how I feel weird about touching your clothes outside of sex, especially your underwear!”

”I’ll get on that in a sec, we’re not due to checkout for another couple of hours.” I responded with a shrug as I checked the time on my iPhone, frankly? I had a lot more on my mind than my husband feeling weird about handling women’s clothing even though we’ve known each other for a little over a year by this point. ”I feel like I don’t have a real grasp on the Sin situation.” I commented and Francisco turned to me. ”I was still in SCU during the original Sin saga, I caught the shows weekly but they didn’t really help with context clues.”

”In that case? Why don’t we head back to Vegas instead of straight to China and ask Keira?” Francisco suggested and I gave my husband a surprised look. ”She has Hero Academy to run, that’s why she always flies in a couple of days before the show, same with Roxi.”

”That might be my best bet, besides Jessie and Keira made plans to meet at Hero Academy to assess an underage student so it’s likely we’ll see her there.” I nodded in response and Franky nodded in response. ”By the way have you heard anything about Miles and Austin? Last I heard, Carter didn’t want Miles risking further injury by flying out to China.”

”That’s all the updates I’ve heard from either of them, but if the card preview is any indication? The bosses had a contingency plan on the off chance that any of the qualifiers ended in a draw.” Francisco responded as he shook his head and I nodded in response. ”More importantly, are you feeling any better since you and Carter beat the Barnharts?”

That was a good question to be honest, my self-confidence had been at rock bottom since we got off the Summer XXXTreme Cruise and whilst the win over Bill and Bea helped? I still have a long way to go. ”I don’t know to be honest, like I said, I’d feel a lot better if I had gotten the pin instead of Carter but I guess a win’s a win.” I sighed as I folded my arms. ”But that brings me to the other thing I said at Climax Control, I need to win my next match if I want to get my self-confidence back to the pre-World Bombshell Title Match level, I meant what I said when I said that I didn’t care what match it was, I just thought the bosses would give me a Queen for a Day Qualifier rather than a rematch with Kayla.”

”Against who though? Luna’s still finding her feet but she has pulled off shock wins, just look at how she ended her initial losing streak, but Kim’s a veteran of the industry and made Jessie earn her first title defence in London.” Francisco pointed out and I nodded with a frown on my face. ”Look, Ari? The bosses see a lot in you, that’s why they gave you that opportunity against Roxi in the first place, you’ll bounce back from this and you know it.”

”Thanks Franky, but it’s going to take a lot more than kind words to get my spirits back up.” I responded with a sigh before I stood up. ”I think it’s time I sorted out my stuff, my clothes, underwear, toiletries, everything, you good on your end?”

”I believe so, but I’ll double check.” Francisco responded before doing just that.

Kayla Richards, if there was one person who has haunted me since I made the jump to SCW, it was Kayla! Faced her in my fourth match as an official SCW Bombshell, met her again in an Internet Title Battle Royal at last year’s Violent Conduct Cycle, then I met her yet again after I lost the Bombshell Roulette Title and got promoted to the Bombshell Internet Division, and then again when I challenged her alongside Melissa for the Bombshell Internet Title.

What do those matches have in common? Kayla beat me each and every time! And I’m not sure if I can count the Battle Royal because whilst Kayla won that match? Tempest was the one who eliminated me, otherwise? The one-time Kayla didn’t pin me was in the Triple Threat with Melissa and that was because Melissa pinned me to win the title! The reign would end up being short lived thanks to Goth’s injury and Kayla would win it back the same week said injury was announced, but the point still stands.

As far as one on one matches went, we’ve only faced each other twice, three times counting our match on Sunday, will the third time be the charm? Will the third time be the one where I finally beat Kayla?

Hero Academy, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 25th of July 2023, 18:00pm

Is this so wrong?

I’ve been coming to Hero Academy for a few weeks now getting some reps in when I had time away from SCW’s latest international tour, at Keira’s suggestion off course, the veteran Bombshell believed in me and wanted to see me reach my potential as a wrestler, but there was one glaring problem, my Go Gym membership.

On the surface there was nothing wrong with me going to Hero Academy, the Go Gym may have trained me but some members, including my bestie Carter, would say that I was being disloyal to the Go Gym, truth was? The Go Gym hadn’t been the same since Krystal was banned from it during the Unsolved Mysteries Tour and well, I needed to get new perspectives if I was going to home my craft as a wrestler.

Wrestlers react to losing streaks differently, Krystal grew more and more frustrated as the months waned on not helped by the fact that her losing streak coincided with the first few months of her SCW Contract, Jessie? I can’t remember her having a significant losing streak but she was the type who kept her emotions bottled up, I let my losing streak go to my head and now my self-confidence as at rock bottom.

Maybe this chat with Keira will be just what the doctor ordered?

“Sorry for the wait, I had to clear up the schedule with Cassie and Harper.” Keira apologized as we entered her office at Hero Academy and I nodded before sitting down. “Cassie’s last match with EWC happened last night in Thailand, they’ll be flying in tonight.”

”You mean from that island with the funny name? what was it? Phuket Island?” I asked awkwardly and yes, it is pronounced as you read it, I am famous for my dislike of swearing at this point so having to say a name like that was interesting. ”Surprised SCW has never done a show on that island! But on that subject, I am here to talk about SCW, more specifically Sin.”

Keira lowered her head and let out a deep breath when I said that because she was obviously deeply affected by this. “Look, I was just as surprised as everyone else when Sin revealed herself, and Ruby was an unfortunate victim of her, but why do you want to talk about this?”

”That’s just it though! I was on the outside looking in during the first Sin saga.” I admitted and Keira nodded as she started to get the idea. ”That whole saga happened when I was finding my feet in SCU, I feel like I was missing a lot of context clues after watching the Climax Controls and PPVs, even the ones from one I was representing SCU!”

“I guess I never considered how it looked to someone who wasn’t fully aware of the situation, but I can’t tell you the whole story, too many emotional wounds.” Keira sighed and I nodded as I got the idea. “If it’s any comfort? Sin in her current form is much weaker than Sin was when she had her own body, it’s pretty much the only reason I’ve been able to get the upper hand on her at all.”

”I guess that makes sense but do we even know how long Sin has been in Krystal’s body?” I asked and Keira just shook her head. ”Any advice?”

“I know this whole thing started when Krystal attacked you and Cassie but try to focus on your own thing.” Keira advised me and I gave the Blonde Bombshell a curious look. “Me and Roxi will handle the situation, you have a potential shot at the Bombshell Internet Title coming up in a few weeks if you beat Kayla and take it from someone who completed the Grand Slam by defeating Kayla at last year’s Violent Conduct, she is not an easy opponent!”

”I could’ve guessed that from all the other times she’s beaten me!” I responded as I shook my head and Keira frowned in concern at the tone of my voice. ”And you know I’ve been unable to regain any serious momentum since I lost to Roxi at Into the Void, the win over the Barnharts was a step in the right direction but it was Carter that pinned Bill, not me pinning Bea.”

“Francisco, would you mind leaving us alone for a few minutes?” Keira asked my husband who was initially surprised by her request but when we saw the look on Keira’s face, we knew she meant business and Francisco left the room closing the door behind him. “Ariana, why did you enrol at the Go Gym in the first place?”

That question caught me off guard, and what’s more? The look Keira was giving me told me she wasn’t going to take a generic “to be a champion” like answer. ”Where do I even start? My parents were emotionally and physically abusive, my prospects at getting a shot at the Olympics through gymnastics were slim, I saw wrestling as both my escape from them and my chance to do something with my athletic talents! I was disowned by my parents for following my dream but it ultimately worked out for the better.”

“But they gave you severe confidence issues along the way, didn’t they?” Keira asked and I paused before nodding reluctantly, it hadn’t even occurred to me until then that that was the case but now that Keira had said it? It made sense. “Let me make one thing clear, you are absolutely better off without your parents in your life, they don’t deserve a daughter as beautiful or intelligent as you and don’t you forget it.”

”Thanks but I don’t see how this has to do with my wrestling career?” I asked and Keira frowned as she sat down. ”I had to sneak out of the house to go train at the Go Gym, it took me talking to the other perspective wrestlers at the Go Gym for me to realize that that wasn’t normal.”

“Why do you think you self confidence took such a sharp downturn after one bad cycle?” Keira asked pointedly and I paused to consider it. “If they had encouraged you to follow your dreams, I’m willing to bet that your confidence would’ve bounced back already, instead? A cycle long losing streak tanked your self-confidence and it’s affecting your performance in the ring.”

”But what am I supposed to do?” I asked as I leaned back in my chair. ”You know how brutal Kayla can get when she’s cutting promos,, I’m just the nice girl of the Bombshell roster.”

“The nice girl who has shown more fire in her than most wrestlers I’ve met, your second promo against Roxi being a key example.” Keira responded and I nodded knowing that she was right. “Ari? The truth is? I’ve been in your shoes, I’ve had rough patches, you know what I did?” Keira asked and I  shook my head. “I fought, I kept fighting until I got back to where I was, it won’t happen immediately, but all you need to do is believe in yourself, in your own heart, mind and soul.”

”Is it really that easy? The World Title Match against Roxi was a definite high light of my career, but my next five matches, including the one against you, brought that crashing down.” I responded with a sigh and Keira nodded. ”I don’t know how I can bounce back from that.”

“You can bounce back from that by remembering everything you learned from Gabriel and Odette at the Go Gym, you can bounce back from that by remembering all the lessons you learned in SCU and SCW.” Keira added and I nodded as I got the idea. “You just have to believe.”

”I feel like I’m in a 90s PSA about believing in yourself and peer pressure and stuff.” I joked and Keira had a slight chuckle at that. ”But I’ll try.” I added before the door opened and Francisco stepped in.

”Sorry to interrupt but I have to ask, was Hero Academy always enrolling underage girls?” Francisco asked and Keira nodded.

“Ahh, I see you’ve met Sophie?” Keira asked and Francisco nodded. “Come on, I’ll introduce you guys proper.” Keira added before we left her office.

Hero Academy, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 25th of July 2023, 13:00pm

You’d think nothing could surprise me at this point.

I’ve been apart of this sport for almost four years by this point, I’ve been betrayed by someone I thought was my friend, I’ve seen my bestie go through a horribly abusive relationship, I had to buy a white board just to keep track of all my challengers for an upcoming title defence and kept it around as part of my act, I’ve even wrestled my now former boss on PPV!

And yet, here I am standing in front of a wrestling ring, watching a high school sophomore aged girl train to be a wrestler! And holding her own against the older, more experienced students, you know, considering her obvious inexperience and all.

What can I say? The wrestling business is a strange beast!

“Sophie, Carrie, take five.” Keira called out to the two students and Carrie, who I recognised as one of the three Hero Academy Students attacked by Krystal during the last cycle, and the high school girl looked up. “You have someone who wants to meet you Sophie.” Keira added as she motioned to me and Sophie grinned upon recognizing me and left the ring whilst Carrie took up a spot in the far corner.

”Err, hi.” I commented awkwardly as the girl came up to me, aren’t there laws against this kind of thing? ”Nice to meet you Sophie.”

“Likewise.” Sophie responded with a grin before Keira nudged the youngster with her elbow, Sophie gave her trainer a confused look before it clicked. “And I should’ve told you my full name, I’m Sophie Ramone.”

If I had been drinking anything at that point, it would’ve ended up all over the girl, back when I was still a wrestling fan there was one male wrestler who always stuck out like a sore thumb on the SCW Roster, namely Steve Ramone, a guy who had originally retired to help raise his daughter, by the time of his SCW debut Sophie was around eight years old and that was in 2015/2016.

Yeah, I know aging is a thing that happens but it felt weird to see that same girl not only as a high school aged student but as a wrestling trainee.

”Well, that explains her young age.” Francisco chimed in and we turned to him. ”Nothing gets you in the front door faster than having a famous wrestling daddy, no offence.”

“None taken and besides, Steve was such a pariah towards the end of his career that I had to convince Keira to let me train using more than just my family history.” Sophie admitted and it started to click because saying that Steve had become a polarizing figure towards the end of his career was an understatement quite frankly. “I’ll spare you the details but I want to enter the wrestling business to redeem my family name, even going behind my mom’s back to do it.”

Hearing that? I couldn’t help but draw some correlation between the relationship between me and my parents and her relationship with her dad, but I had one question on my mind. ”When was the last time you spoke to your dad?” I asked and Sophie shook her head.

“We speak about once a year, usually when he sends me money or when my birthday rolls around, other than that? He’s not a part of my life.” Sophie sighed as she shook her head and I nodded as I got the idea. “Why?”

”I was curious, that’s all.” I responded as I shook my head before glancing over at Keira. ”You mind if I chat with Keira for a sec?” I asked and Keira gave Sophie the go ahead to resume her training with Carrie, once the two girls had resumed their training match I turned to Keira as we walked away from the ring. ”You introduced me to her because of our similar relationship with our parents, didn’t you?”

“Not exactly, Francisco bringing her up gave me the idea and I just let the conversation proceed like it did.” Keira explained as she shook her head and I nodded as I got the idea. “Sophie has the drive and passion to be better than her dad, you have to do the same with your parents.”

”No offence Keira but I’ve been doing that since I turned eighteen.” I responded as I shook my head and Keira nodded. ”These days, the only time I think about my parents is when I vow to be a better parent than they were to me if I ever get pregnant, Francisco thinks that I won’t have to try hard but part of me worried that I’ll go too far in the opposite direction.”

“Don’t! take it from someone who’s a mother, that will come naturally to you when the time comes.” Keira assured me and I nodded in agreement. “And I know you’re a good person, but you shouldn’t let your self-doubt cloud your judgment.”

”I’d almost make a comparison to Krystal if we were having this conversation before Summer XXXTreme, or the first Climax Control of the cycle for that matter.” I responded with a sigh and Keira nodded grimly. ”But I get it, not sure if it’ll be enough to beat Kayla on Sunday but we’ll see.”

“We will, won’t we?” Keira asked with a nod before sighing. “Just remember, Kayla’s a dangerous opponent, she won’t make it easy for you.”

”Can you name an SCW Bombshell who will?” I asked pointedly and Keira shook her head, conceding that I had a point. ”Heck, Chloe Benton was the closest thing we had and she hasn’t been on SCW TV for over a year?”

“I’m pretty sure the injuries Chloe suffered at last year’s Summer XXXTreme forced her to retire young anyway but your right on that front.” Keira responded with a nod before she motioned towards the rings. “You want to watch the rest of the trainees for a few hours?”

”I’m not flying out to China until tomorrow morning anyway, yay for Kayfabe Airlines!” I responded with a nod and Keira grinned before leading me to the rings.

Walking down the Great Wall of China
Wednesday the 26th of July 2023, 16:00pm

*promo time*

So I can’t do a white board promo because local surety wouldn’t let me pin it to the Great Wall, but I can improvise.

”You know, I have to wonder, does anyone on the SCW Roster know how much of a pain it was to build the Great Wall of China for the Ancient Chinese people?” I asked as I walked down the Great Wall with Francisco filming me. ”For the sake of time, I’ll spare you the details, but this thing was built over several dynasties with the various states of the Warring States period having already built extensive fortifications to defend their boarders, look, I know you guys aren’t tuning in for a history documentary from the girl who once tried to make a Cheesecake set by adding concrete to it.” As I said that last part two other tourists gave me an odd look but I didn’t see it until after the promo was posted. ”But there is a method to my madness, because in a way the trouble the Chinese people went too trying to build this thing? It’s a perfect metaphor for my struggles against Kayla Richards.”

How?

”Because after many hardships, they managed to build something magnificent in the end! Even if the Quin section of the wall is completely gone, as for how this ties into Kayla? Well, this Sunday I’m getting another rematch with Kayla Richards and whilst it is non-title? The implications for Kayla’s title are there.” I added as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”If I win this match? Then I’m getting a third rematch at Violent Conduct for the Bombshell Internet Title but if Kayla wins? She literally gets to hand pick her opponent for her title defence at Violent Conduct! Am I expecting her to pick me for the hell of it? Well for one thing, that would require Kayla to like me! And our dislike is mutual to say the least!”

Here we go!

”It takes a lot for someone to piss for me off enough for me to start referring to them as a bitch/bastard, Carter’s ex is one of them for obvious reasons, you want to know who else is in that category? You Kayla, you didn’t think I forgot that time you accused me of stealing Carter’s idea, did you?” I asked rhetorically as I held up a middle finger to the camera. ”Look, I’m not saying that what Carter went through this time last year is on the same level as Kayla spreading bullshit lies about me to get under my skin, that would be a horrible thing to say and trust me, the things I saw during that period will haunt me for the rest of my life! What I am saying is that Kayla made one very big mistake several months ago, she awoke the Greek Goddess within me.”

Meaning?

”In other words? We’re pretty much enemies for life and Kayla? You have no one to blame for but yourself! Now I couldn’t capitalize on that when me and Melissa challenged you for the title several months ago, but this time? It will be different!” I declared before curling up my middle finger and letting my arm fall to my side. ”Because not only am I pissed off at you Kayla but I’m also determined to pick up where I left off at Blaze of Glory XI, and this time? There won’t be anyone attacking me with a chair earlier in the show to give you an advantage over me!”

Still bitter over that.

”Bui even with the advantage Krystal’s attack granted you Kayla? You still couldn’t get the pin on me! That was Melissa who ended your second reign! Now, I won’t go into the circumstances surrounding how Melissa’s reign ended because we all know the story there, but I will give you credit for being a dominant champion Kayla.” I added as I folded my arms. ”Bot nothing lasts forever, and you’ve gone out of your way to ensure that there won’t be a repeat of your first reign with that title but sooner or later? You’ll find yourself against a force that you can’t overcome and just like that? Your third reign is over! And I’m going to be the one who does it!”

Stop laughing.

”I may be in China but I can already hear Kayla laughing her ass off, considering she’s beaten me twice in singles competition and once in a Battle Royal? And no, I don’t count the Triple Threat, as mentioned before, Melissa got the pin in that match! You have plenty of reason to think that you’ve got this in the bag.” I added as I thought back to the year before. ”During last year’s Violent Conduct Cycle, I was in a similar situation with a woman you know well, Alicia Lukas? Hell, that rematch happened the week after the aforementioned Battle Royal, point is? She also underestimated me and got pinned by me after a spear! And just to drive the point home? That match indirectly led to my Bombshell Roulette Title Reign.”

Coincidence?

”I know you’ve ragged on about the Bombshell Roulette Division despite only being in it for a cup of tea, but that’s beside the point Kayla, you have evidence of what can happen when an opponent underestimates me, yet you continue to do so! You ever heard of the phrase “those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it”?” I asked rhetorically before looking out at the view of the Chinese countryside. ”I bring it up because if you underestimate me, you fail to learn from history! More specifically? Alicia’s defeat at my hands! And it’s going to taste oh so sweet when I finally beat you on Sunday Kayla!”

It's that simple.

”Will this Sunday be the third time’s the charm? Will I finally beat Kayla? Those are the two questions that are running through my mind as we speak Kayla.” I stated as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”And I’ll admit, my self-confidence issues as of late haven’t helped! The only thing masking them is, ironically, how much hate I have in my body for you Kayla and whilst I do hope to channel that hate towards a win on Sunday? I’ve got other things on my mind as well, not just the self-confidence issues either! And I need to overcome them all to book my title shot for Violent Conduct XI!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”Now, my husband Francisco, AKA the cameraman, happens to be from Rio de Jannero AKA the city hosting the Go Home Show for this Cycle, you’d better believe that I’ll be celebrating that win with him! And sometimes it’ll be in ways that I can’t describe on camera even when angry but I’m sure you get the idea! But to get to that celebration? I need to kick your ass first Kayla!” I added as grinned broadly. ”And this Sunday you will bask in the Greek Angel’s Light as she wins the match and earns her shot at the Bombshell Internet Title at Violent Conduct XI! See you then!”

Francisco stopped recording as the scene fades.