Author Topic: ENDEAVOR LIII  (Read 257 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
ENDEAVOR LIII
« on: May 03, 2024, 11:29:29 PM »
[The sun glistens off the shimmering waves as the sound of seagulls filled the air at the Santa Monica Pier. The smell of saltwater and sunscreen permeated the air, blending with laughter and music, creating a lively scene against the backdrop of the iconic Ferris wheel towering above.

Mercedes and Irma shuffle amongst the throngs of tourists enjoyying carnival games, street performers, and cotton candy vendors. Ricardo catches up to them.]

IRMA: Hey! How'd it go with the afterparty last night?

RICARDO: Great! Drinks were flowing, the music was nonstop and the crowd was hot all night long. Had to call in sick today.

MERCEDES: Didn't you call in sick yesterday?

RICARDO: I'm a bartender. I can take a day off if I want to. What can I say, I'm an honest guy.

MERCEDES: More honest than when you said you were vegetarian?

RICARDO: Okay, most of the time.

MERCEDES: What about when you said you could play Chopin?

RICARDO: Some of the time.

IRMA: Or when you said you're a great-great grandnephew of Abraham Lincoln?

RICARDO: I'm feeling judged right about now. Did you guys hear about the kidnapping at the park?

IRMA: No, what happened?

RICARDO: Oh, don't worry, he woke up.

MERCEDES: (rolling her eyes) That joke is so old.

RICARDO: Yeah, just like you, Merce.

IRMA: (laughing) Ouch, burn.

RICARDO: Hey guys, there's a new coffee place on the boardwalk. Let's try the new latte on the menu today.

MERCEDES: Sounds good, I could use a caffeine boost.

IRMA: I heard they also have delicious pastries.

~~~

Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 28 de abril al 4 de mayo de 2024

Another weekend, another match, another loss on pay-per-view.

What else is new at this point? I'm angry. I'm fed up. I'll go as far to say that I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore. To be known as someone who can talk the talk, who always come up short, who is always so close and yet so far gets irritating after awhile and people start to lose faith in you that you'll never anount to anything. I'm starting to even question that myself though my foolish pride or ego refuses to let me dwell in on those fears. Maybe I came in a little overconfident at Blaze of Glory, maybe I entered a little overprepared, maybe I took my match with Alexandra Calaway not serious enough. Really didn't matter...

Since the day I walked into Sin City Wrestling, I sacrificed everything to be one of the best Bombshells this company ever had. I didn't have a legacy like Roxi Johnson. Destiny didn't guide me to the top of the totem pole. That same heart and desire that some other girls who have came and gone through that door lacked, I had. Where are they now? That's right, the unemployment line, irrelevant or retired. Day after day, weekend after weekend, for over a decade in this company, I have proven to be more than just another name on the roster, I have proven to be more than just a pretty face, what sets me apart from some of the girls is that while I can show my ass, I can also KICK ass. I have proven to be a dangerous opponent on any given night in that ring. Nobody in this company - past, present or future - can say the same. Nobody. If that isn't sacrifice, then I don't know what else will convince you.

If all I needed to get by in this world was positivity and a “can do” attitude, I would be wearing a lot more championships.

Gone are the days where I used to be made fun of at your expense, Tempest. Sunday at Climax Control, I think our little story is going to have an alternate ending.

There will be flowers and music, but not from a lullaby...

it will be a funeral march.

Not mine, though.

Yours.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. And may the odds be ever in your favor.

~~~

Present Day • S A C R E C O E U R - P A R I S, F R A N C E

[REC•]

[Keeping Sacre Coeur at her back while standing in front of it is an incredible view of Paris from the steps of Sacre Coeur at sunset. Mercedes admires the iconic landmark before she begins walking along the passage. Now and again, people riding bicycles pass by on the left of her, looking back before going about their daily business.]

"Hi, I'm Mercedes Vargas! You might have seen me on the runway, on television hosting various award shows and specials or as an actress in various telenovas, or even mixing it up in the wrestling ring as a Bombshell for Sin City Wrestling and other notable promotions.

"Oh, and I'm also a licensed lifeguard. OK, not really. But I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night."

[Mercedes winks at the camera.]

"Ever had one of those days where you just feel out of place?You know, kind of like that last piece of a jigsaw puzzle that doesn't quite fit. But somehow, you try to force it to. That's how I feel about my match this weekend with Tempest. As you may have seen at Blaze of Glory, Crystal Zdunich most recently was turned inside out by Tempest's Amazon Prime finisher, which, according to four out of five doctors, has several side effects including nausea, head induced trauma and speaking in tongues. I hear Crystal is listed as day-to-day, but, then, aren't we all?

"Pause. Let that sink in."

[A strong wind picks up and tousles her hair, with strands of it ending up in her mouth. Mercedes brushes them aside as she continues down the path.]

"When I read the blurb leading up into this my match with Tempest this weekend, I was a little surprised to say the least. You can call me a catalyst… You can call me a victim… You can even call me a martyr. Do I have a death wish? You're damm right I do! So because Tempest was speaking of my name like she knows me, I'm supposed to be running scared, right? Uh-huh! I took the fight right to Tempest's door step and laid that bitch out with a steel chair in front of everybody. It felt almost liberating, especially seeing the dent that was left behind.

*I certainly wouldn’t want this to be all about me, but let’s face it, that’s what you’re going to get. Since we both know the results of who’s going to win, I guess we really don’t have much to talk about.

"Or do we?

*Fortunately for you, Tempest, I’m actually in a very good mood this weekend, and having you as my opponent, even better. Don’t get the wrong idea, I‘m not out to hurt you. The least that could happen is I'll probably break a nail...

Probably.

"The question I pose to you, Tempest, is what is it that you're going to do to me to stop me from beating you this weekend, hmm? What, are you going to powerbomb me through a flaming table? Are you going to suplex me off the top rope? Do your worst.

"I'm starting to see that fire in your eyes and I hope you bring that same attitude in our match. You had better, or you're going to find yourself already fighting a losing battle.

"Long before you knew and long after you remember."

***Fade***

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)