Author Topic: A Busy Summer  (Read 900 times)

Offline Eddie Lyons

• View Profile
A Busy Summer
« on: April 26, 2024, 07:11:22 PM »
The air felt different in England. The Roulette Champion’s plane had landed in London a day ago, and Eddie along with Coach Kaiser had been taking in some sights and enjoying their time in The Queens Country. He had never been to the UK before. SCW was allowing him to see the world, he got to see Mexico, China, Rome and now got to spend time in the UK.

The two had found a quaint little diner and ordered the same thing. Fish and Chips. As they enjoyed their lunch, it was also time for business.

“So, Serena Riot, that’s our girl.” said Coach Kaiser, “What do we know about her?”

“Not much” said Eddie as he swallowed a bite of deep fried deliciousness, “Introduced myself on Twitter…X….whatever, anyway she said she was ready to “get after it.”. I guess she runs a company called FCW as well. She's second generation like me. Haven’t heard much of her other than that. I guess it really remains to be seen.”

“I guess so.” replied Coach Kaiser, “And Coredlia Clarke. I guess she was a big deal in the old SCU. May have to do some research into her there. As for you, I mean you really should probably just focus on Justin Smith."

“Who I’ve beaten time and time again.” said Eddie. “It feels a bit arrogant to say it, but I’m really not concerned about Justin at all. I have his number and he knows it. This one will really come down to the ladies, and I just hope Serena is able to keep up on her end of the bargain and isn’t too focused on running her own company. Maybe I can get us past Justin but I can’t carry this tournament on my own.”

“You have your Roulette Championship too.” Kaiser reminded Eddie.

“Exactly. I have a pretty full plate this summer, so I’m really gonna need my teammate on this one.”
said Eddie.

“Damn I wish it was Kallie Reznik.” said Kaiser, “I know Aaron and I would have the two of you dominating every team in that bitch.. But alas, the cards did not fall that way. Still, maybe this Serena Riot will pull her weight and help get us to the finals.”

“Maybe, either way my plan is to just do what I always do. Put up the best fight I can and show why I am the SCW Roulette Champion and one of SCW’s fastest rising stars.” said Eddie

“Of course.” said Coach Kaiser, as he munched on some fri…chips, “That’s all anyone can ask. I know you’ll give it all you can.”

“It’s what we do at The Lyons Den.” said Eddie, “We give it our all, show no surrender. Like Cobra Kai, but not assholes.”

“So Eagle Fang?” Kaiser smirked.

“Nerd. But yeah that works.” said Eddie with an eyeroll.

“Hey, you brought up Cobra Kai.” replied Coach Kaiser

“Fair.” Eddie nodded.

“Anyway, where’s our waiter?” asked Kaiser, “We need more vinegar.”

“I’ll flag them down if i see them.” said Eddie

The two continued their chatter, eventually finding their waiter so Coach Kaiser could have his extra vinegar. They both knew it was going to be a hell of a summer for Eddie Lyons as they approached Eddie’s first full year in the company. Already a champion, he still had nowhere to go but up.

The Tower of London looms behind Eddie Lyons as the cameras open. He observes the scenery around him with an air of calmness and confidence, after a few moments he turns his attention to the cameras.

“Gonna be a helluva tour.” said Eddie Lyons, Roulette Championship displayed proudly on his shoulder, “This will be a first for me you know. My first tag team match, so I get to learn a new aspect of our business over this tour as well. I get to see how Eddie Lyons performs as a tag team wrestler. After all I do want to win every championship I can in this company, so I’ll need to find a partner at some point to achieve that goal.”

Eddie sighs, with a confident smile.

“That’s something you’ll learn about me Serena.” he said, “I always have goals for myself. I had a goal to win this Roulette Championship, and I did it.  I beat the best Roulette Champion this company had to do it. Now I intend to prove myself as a champion. If I win this tournament, I have a chance to become a double champion. For someone just under a year into their SCW career I’d say I’m doing pretty well for myself.”

Eddie shrugs.

“But pleased to meet you Serena, I’m Eddie.” he continued, “I know we linked up on X. But we haven’t really gotten to know each other. I know you run your own company and have heard positive things about you. I hope they’re true, because I want to win this. Ask anyone in SCW about Eddie Lyons and they’ll tell you that you drew maybe not the best, but you drew a pretty damn good card. I may not be the best, but I desire to be. You’ll hear about my drive, and how I always pick myself up from a loss and look to be better. I EARNED the respect of Peter Vaughn by getting back on my feet each and EVERY time I was knocked down. Maybe I lack in personality, but I assure you I make up for it in that ring because its all I know. It’s all I’ve ever known as a second generation superstar. That ring is my life, and I give it  my all when I’m in there. If you can bring the same energy as I intend to, we’ll be a shoe-in for the finals. But if you don’t want to hear it from me, ask one half of our opponents Justin Smith what he thinks of me.”

Eddie gives a confident, and slightly cocky smirk at the camera.

“How we doing Justin?” grinned Eddie, “What excuse will you make this time? I’m honestly running out of words to say about you. I’ve defeated you what, three or four times now? Each time we face off, you seem to change nothing and learn nothing. So you end up losing, time and time again. Why would this time be any different? I hate sounding cocky but I mean it’s sort of hard not to be when you keep beating the same person who never learns form their mistakes. I’m not perfect either Justin but I do what I can to learn from my losses and my mistakes, and you know what it made me? A CHAMPION.”

Eddie motions at the SCW Roulette Championship on his shoulder.

“But you know that don’t you Justin?” Eddie continued, “You are one of the men I had to beat to earn this championship.  But hey, perhaps your partner can pull it off for you. I don’t know much about this Cordelia Clark. I’m told she was  breakout star in the old SCU, but I haven’t done much research on what SCU was even all about. I suppose she’s more of my partners problem to handle but I feel I should address her as she is still considered my opponent.”

Eddie takes another short pause.

“What I can tell you Cordelia, is you are going to really need to step it up.” Eddie said, “Because your partner just doesn’t have what it takes to stand up to me, he hasn’t beaten me yet and nothing will change this time, unless you manage to defeat my partner. But I’d be careful because while I don’t know much about Serena Riot, apparently she is “that bitch.”. I have a good friend named Cleo who feels she is ‘that bitch” so I know what it means when you call yourself that. If Serena really is “that bitch” as she claims to be, then your chances of beating us are slim to none.”

Eddie keeps his usual confident gaze on the cameras

“Serena, just know that I have your back throughout all this.” Eddie continued, “Everyone around SCW knows I consider myself an honorable man.I hold honor and respect in high regard. We have been selected to be a team. That means we’re in this together. Your fight is my fight, and we are one. We got some good teams mixed up in this, Calaway and Raven, Melissa and Aiden. Bobbie and Peter could surprise. But you know what I think? I think Eddie Lyons and Serena Riot just might be the darkhorse team to win it all. I say we make a statement in the first round. Let’s go out there and show why Eddie Lyons and Serena Riot are going to win the whole fucking thing. Lets get it.”

Eddie smirks confidently,and adjusts his championship.

“Whatever happens, I can promise it’s going to be one helluva summer for Eddie Lyons” he continued, “Win or lose this tournament, I’ll still get to call myself a champion. But like those who faced me before know, it won’t be such an easy road. If Justin doesn’t step his game up, you’re going to lose this match Cordelia. It really is that simple. Maybe you can wake him up or something, I don’t know. He’s not my responsibility, he’s my opponent. One that as stated, I’ve beaten time and time again. I know little about Serena true, but I’m getting vibes we’ll be alright. I’m not even worried about her criminal record. I know she was charged with arson, and did some time. That doesn’t bother me. My best friend Cleo Phillips did time too, mostly armed robbery and things like that. I’ve heard her stories of things she had to do to survive on the inside, and even when she ran the streets on the outside. It makes you tough and it gives you a different sor of grit. The fact she’s also second generation like myself means she knows the business inside and out. The other teams better be cautious because even though we haven’t been formally introduced yet, on paper we have all the makings of a team that can win this whole thing if we put the effort into it. I know I will, and I hope you will too Serena. In the end, that’s all I ask if you try.  If you don’t try and you don’t turn up and ghost on me, that is something that will upset me but I’ll likely not be able to do much about it other than just continue on in SCW as it’s Roulette Champion. Whatever happens just know Eddie Lyons will always continue on, with HONOR BEFORE GLORY.[/color]