Author Topic: MERCEDES VARGAS v SAMANTHA MARLOWE  (Read 3721 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
MERCEDES VARGAS v SAMANTHA MARLOWE
« on: October 09, 2023, 08:18:25 AM »
Please post all roleplays here! Have fun and good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Sam Marlowe

• View Profile
    • Samantha Marlowe
Re: MERCEDES VARGAS v SAMANTHA MARLOWE
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 11:39:12 PM »
Well here we go once again Mercedes.  It hasn’t been a very long time since the pair of us were in the same ring and I am suffering from a severe sense of déjà vu.  Can you believe it, High Stakes is here and who is my opponent for this event? 

None other than my arch nemesis and perennial rival Mercedes Vargas. 

I don’t know if I am happy that once more we get to face each other or if I am feeling bored by the fact that once again it is you and me.  I mean how many times will we face off against each other?  How many times will you talk about how you know me well and there will be no surprise and that you will be beating me in the middle of the ring.

I know you have probably done your match tale of the tape and history of our meetings.  I have been rather busy so I don’t know if you did or not but let me just say that I am honored to be facing you.  After all, this is the biggest event of SCW’s year and actually it is so close to my birthday too.
Wow, maybe that is why you are my opponent.  An early birthday present to me facing someone that I can honestly say I have a lot of respect for.  We have swapped titles back and forth quite a few times.  We have had matches that have main evented Climax Control and we have opened shows too.

Do you think that maybe this match at High Stakes is just a match of two veterans that have complete respect for each other.  Leave it all in the ring and when the match is over, be able to shake hands and move on with no recriminations and no regrets.  I am willing to do that, are you?

Sam Marlowe can be seen sitting outside of her house in the backyard with her feet up as she has an open book on her chest while she is seen holding her cell phone up to show her trying to connect to someone.

“Pick up the call Ben,” she mumbles as the call goes to voicemail.  Hanging it up, she puts the phone down and picks up her book in an attempt to distract herself.  She reads the book but spares a few glances at the phone.

“I am not going to call him again…” she muses as she tries to focus on the book words. 

The phone rings and Sam drops the book to quickly pick it up.  She looks at the caller ID and sighs with a smile.  She presses the button and brings the phone to her ear.

“Hello darlin’,” she says as she looks over towards the house.  “How are you and Daddy?  And Cyn?” 
Sam listens intently to the voice on the other end, her eyes glazing over as her mother talks.   She nods as she responds.

“We are all good out here in Vegas and yes, Ben is good too.  He’s coming into Vegas for the supercard,” she says only to hear her mother call out over the phone about how she is going to be coming to Vegas for the show.  “I am sure that Ben will be excited to see you Moms,” answers Sam with a look of disbelief.   

A beep is heard by Sam and she pulls away the phone to see a second call coming in.  Putting the phone to her ear again, she speaks softly.  "Moms, I have another call coming in.  I will talk to you this weekend when you and Daddy are in Vegas ok?"

Listening to her mother's reply, Sam smiles, nods and says goodbye before clicking to the second call.  "It's about time Prat.  I have been trying to call you since yesterday but you haven't been answering.  What the heck?"

Sam pushes the speaker button and a familiar cockney accent can be heard.

"Hullo to you too Ginge," says Ben.  "I have been bit busy with Football Manager that dropped this week.  What did you give me a bell for?"

"I wanted to know when you would be coming for High Stakes so I could make arrangements to pick you up at the airport," she responds.  "Friends and all that jazz."

Ben can be heard to laugh then reply that he is arriving on Saturday and that he will text her when he gets in.  The pair continue to talk as the scene goes to black.

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Re: MERCEDES VARGAS v SAMANTHA MARLOWE
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 11:58:18 PM »
OCTOBER 19, 2023
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA

[A slump. That seems to be an everyday occurrence for Mercedes Vargas these days and she's seemingly in the worse of it now even with the seasons changing and the even more mercurial women's division in Sin City Wrestling, where no week is ever the same twice and no Bombshell takes a night off.

Professional wrestling is a zero-sum results-based industry. In order for there to be a winner, there has to be a loser. Lose often enough and it'll be time to find a new job.

Not that Mercedes would be joining the unemployment line anytime soon. For all she's done for Sin City Wrestling, it's hard to imagine firing someone who will be linked to the company well past her tenure. While nothing lasts forever, her run with the only company she's ever been apart of the longest in her overall 14-year wrestling career is as close to everlasting as it gets. It has been equal parts remarkable and legendary by any standard, even long after the golden era in what was the early years of the company.

Perhaps SCW will never again see anything like the Argentine, with a laundry list of records set or broken, a ridiculous 14 championships in her 10-year career, winning at least one championship in SCW in each of her first seven years in the company from 2013 to 2019 (including four championships in 2014 alone), two world championships, eight singles championships, a record six tag team championships, and two Hall of Fame nominations.

As one of the only two longest-tenured active female wrestlers in the SCW women's division for more than a decade, it could be said that Mercedes is the equivalent of a decorated war general. Now she seems light-years away from being the deadly Bombshell that dominated the women’s division for a time all those years ago.

Has Mercedes become complacent? In her early 40s, is she perhaps looking to finally calling it a career like Crystal Caldwell, or take a sabbatical like Jessie Salco did? Has her star faded so much that she's in danger of being left off an important pay-per-view for the first time ever?

Maybe it’s a bit of everything, giving the appearance that Mercedes is a Bombshell on the decline. Crystal and Jessie got out at the right time. Keira Fisher-Johnson will likely return to retirement once High Stakes is over. Roxi Johnson will likely do the same at some point next year.

In her lifelong quest to remind the world of her legacy through her combination of beauty, talent and untamed desire, Mercedes still has enough credentials to add talent to a show and elevate new stars, yet her days as The Dynasty seem long over, even if she didn't think so in her own mind.

Yucatan is known for its rich Mayan culture and stunning natural beauty and is home to numerous archaeological sites, like the famous Chichen Itza and Uxmal ruins, attracting visitors from all over the world. But for Mercedes, she wasn't just here for the history, culture, and natural wonders of this popular region in Mexico, she was hoping to walk out of Violent Conduct making history of her own.

History, however, would be denied.

She competed in the Queen for a Day ladder match but failed to emerge victorious. It was a tough battle, but ultimately she was unable to secure the briefcase. Despite her best efforts, it would be another contestant who would claim the title of Queen for the Day in Zoey Lukas. Nevertheless, Mercedes proved to be a fierce competitor and no doubt gave it her all during the triple threat, which also included fellow challenger Tempest.

Now, she's set to face Samantha Marlowe for the fourth time this year, the third time in five weeks following consecutive main events at CC 372 and CC 375, and the second time on PPV since Into the Void back in May.

It's been a while since Mercedes last won a match in SCW as she's been struggling with a losing streak. She just can't seem to come out on top, and luck doesn't seem to be on her side either. With High Stakes in Las Vegas, it was almost too perfect.

If she wants to end her current slump, Mercedes will have to be almost perfect to beat the one opponent and fellow Hall of Famer she's faced the most times in the six-sided ring, a rivalry that's remained intact eight years strong.]

~~~

Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 10 al 17 de septiembre de 2023

It's been close to two weeks since the go-home show. Main event, a chance at claiming the Bombshell Internet Championship, a chance at making history one more time.

And another match with nothing to show for it.

You know, it's almost getting to the point where I have to wonder if I'll ever get that championship back around my waist again, or any championship for that matter. Despite this setback, things will turn around for me. I'm using each loss as a learning opportunity and I'm determined to keep trying until my hands are raised in victory.

Samantha was denied another chance at becoming a Grand Slam winner. You don't think she's mad as hell she couldn't get it done? Now, I could sit here and talk about how she also hasn't had a great year. I could talk about how we have the same amount of wins in 2023 or that she's been just as unlucky in championship matches as me. I could wax lyrical that her Bombshell Roulette Championship reigns will be the only thing most people will likely remember about her career, but where's the fun in that? Samantha's not one to dwell in the past. She lives for the moment, the right here and now. Learning from the past helps you in the present.

Past...present...future.

My immediate future is three days away in Las Vegas. Am I ready to face another High Stakes, a supercard where I haven't had much success in my career? Physically, yes. Mentally, no. Just the same, there's no challenge that I'm not up for and that I won't back down from, no matter who the opponent is. Now, granted, I'll be the first to admit that I didn't think I would even make the pay-per-view. While I am grateful and I would gladly face anyone, I was hoping my opponent would be, oh I don't know, someone I haven't faced on the active roster. Now I have to coax myself out of the comfort of my bed this weekend to go to Las Vegas. But hey, I'll be there, Sam will be there there, and that's all that matters.

That being said, at High Stakes, we have an electrifying showdown between yours truly and Samantha Marlowe, two esteemed SCW Hall of Famers, two fierce competitors willing to battle it out in one of the longest-standing rivalries of all-time. We've proven ourselves as dominant forces in the ring since we joined the roster, you only need to look at the record books. You saw how we gave everything we had at Into the Void, pushing both our limits and testing our skills to the extreme. You saw how with we put our careers at stake in an electrified cage adding an element of danger and intensity a few weeks back. You saw how we were both hungry for victory in the battle royal for the Bombshell Internet Championship.

At High Stakes, we're prepared to leave it all in the ring and deliver a spectacle that will leave the SCW fans breathless because this match promises to reach new heights and leave the SCW universe on the edge of their seats. I hope they're ready for an unforgettable an unforgettable showdown between these legends.

And it's the holidays, so there's that.

Nobody wants to be reminded that their best days are behind them, and it's a shame that in the years we've been in SCW, Sam, it seems as if we're being passed over for the new flavors of the month. Let that sink in for a moment.

Veterans that we are, I just have to question, is it really worth it?

You know, it's kinda funny that we've been at it so long, I don't remember the last time I had bragging rights against you, so a win over you this weekend is long overdue. I don't blame you if you're smiling right now.

So, this is it, the perfect storm. Two veterans of the sport are set on a collision course for this Sunday. For me, I've reached the put-up-or-shut-up stage. This match could not as come at a better time for either of us and while I may we're getting close to Halloween, I'll say this much, I'm sure our match will be offer a lot of treats , no tricks, long after this pay-per-view is over. That I can promise you.

Seasons change, times change, weather change, but there's one thing is always constant: there always will be Mercedes versus Samantha in Sin City Wrestling.

Oh, and as for good luck, Sam? Yeah, you can have that. I don't need luck, sweetheart. I'm already good.

Long before you knew, and long after you'll remember.

~~~

"Why is it called "beauty sleep" even though you wake up looking like a hot mess?"

[Scene opens in Mercedes's apartment. Mercedes is doing a crossword puzzle as her friends are lounging around watching TV.]

.:: RICARDO::..
What did you pack that you definitely didn’t need.

.::MERCEDES::..
My ego. If it wasn't used as a kickball these days, I'd be a lot better than than I am now.

What are we seeing again?

[Hugo glances at an open laptop listing the weekend's movie offerings.]

.::HUGO::..
Weep For The Abyss. Didn't you get my text?

No. I think my phone is on silent.

[Ricardo's phone suddenly goes off. Hugo looks on in astonishment.]

Really, Richie?

[Ricardo raises a finger in a wait-a-minute gesture as he turns away from the group and takes the call.]

Hello? This again? No! I would appreciate it if you stopped telling everyone I have a rash. Why? It's embarrassing, that's why! When you tell everyone I use diaper rash cream, it's embarrassing. Fuck!

[As the conversation continues, Mercedes is failing badly to hold her laughter. Irma is dumbstruck. Hugo and Tomas exchange disturbed looks.]

You're not listening to me. You're not listening to me. Every girl I bring to the house you're like, 'Oh, did you know Ricardo has a rash?' Stop doing that!

[Mercedes tries to get Ricardo's attention, but is ignored. He's irate.]

So what, I'm a virgin. You told the whole family. Might as well scream it from the rooftops. I'm waiting for the right person, okay? Stop pressuring me!

[A moment of silence before Ricardo calms down.]

Goodnight, grands.

[Ricardo looks back at everyone in shock awe before he sheepishly put his phone back in his jacket pocket.]

What?

So, are we seeing Wept? The previews are playing.

That's the third Sunday in a row. Can't we see something else?

.::TOMAS::..
Speak for yourself. I've got to see this movie. It's supposed to be a good.

[A stranger runs up to the group.]

.::STRANGER::..
Hey! Uh, I'm from out of town. Can you help me find some meth?

This is why we can't have nice things.

[***Fade***]

~~~

Present Day ♦ S A N T A M O N I C A, C A L I F O R N I A

[REC•]

"Picture this. It's June 2015, I was in my third year in Sin City Wrestling. Now, granted, I barely remember who wrestled that night, but what I do remember was some girl from Houston, Texas making and eventually winning her debut. That girl was Samantha Marlowe.

"Time sure flies when you're having fun."

[Mercedes enters the frame as our scene sets at  at the Tropicana Hotel, where the front of the hotel meets Las Vegas Blvd. Mercedes sits down Indian style on the fake green lawn along the front of the hotel, the entire NY NY Hotel and the Las Vegas Blvd sign in the backdrop.]

"As the second longest-tenured active female wrestler in the company, you probably think that I'm entitled, and that is nothing further from the truth. I'm nothing more than a consummate professional. On the norm, I would have probably hit my pillows at two or three in the morning, but not this weekend. Behind these eyes are coffee and concealer. I think it's rather appropriate for what I'm up for at High Stakes.

"Speaking about my upcoming match against Samantha Marlowe, I know the fans are eagerly anticipating this highly anticipated match-up between two of wrestling's most talented competitors, and they win be disappointed. More often than not, Samantha is more than determined to return to the dominant force she once was in the ring. I'm the first to acknowledge Samantha's talent, but I'm more than ready to take on the challenge and come out victorious. You know me for my agility and quick thinking in the ring, I'm going give Samantha the fight she's looking for this time.

"At Violent Conduct, I had hopes of climbing the ladder and seizing the prized Queen for a Day briefcase, which guarantees the winner gaining control of Climax Control on the next show following the supercard. At Climax Control 372, I had an opportunity to put Samantha away in that steel cage. At Climax Control 375, that Bombshell Internet Championship should have been mine."

[She points at herself, looks into the camera with anticipation.]

"The way I see it, the sooner I leave Vegas and this pay-per-view, the better it will be for my mental clarity, especially the last over seas trip we took part in.

After my match at Into the Void, at Violent Conduct, at Climax Control 372, and at Climax Control 375, there was no one to meet me at the entrance area. There wasn't a comforting hand clasp on my shoulders. Not a word of advice or scorn. Just me alone, walking towards the dim lighted area. I don't have time to revel in my losses as of late.

Well, no more!

"Come Sunday, Samantha, I'm ending my curse at High Stakes, and it begins with you, mamita!"

"Hope for the best, prepare for the worse. And may the odds be in your favor."

[***Fade***]

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)