Author Topic: ENDEAVOR LII  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
ENDEAVOR LII
« on: June 09, 2023, 11:55:05 PM »
Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 4 al 11 de junio de 2023

They say you learn something new everyday, and that couldn't be further from the truth. The three most unbelieved statements in the world are:

1) The check is in the mail;

2) Of course, I’ll love you in the morning like I do tonight, and

3) I’m from the government and I’m here to help.

And just for a bonus, I'll add one more. 

4) Ruby Steele, Bombshell Champion.

Well, the only time that last one happens is if Ruby gets a replica championship from SCW Shop. But let's get this back to where it should be.

This year has not been the best for yours truly. This was supposed to be the year I  finally achieve my ultimate goals of winning a championship for the first time in a long time.

I haven't won a match in seemingly forever and despite the losses and the putdowns and all the criticism regarding my career, I've become an afterthought in the women's division - and I'm a two-time Hall of Famer.

At this point, no one thinks I can do anything. I had no business losing to Bobbie Dahl or Samantha Marlowe, I could have won the Bombshell Championship from Roxi Johnson. That Bombshell Roulette Championship contendership should have been mine at Blaze of Glory.

Losing happens to everyone. There are few things that are worse than losing. But I guess things isn't all that bad. I mean, I could be Ruby Steele. You remember Ruby, right? She of the illustrious Steele Family. The English tart whose only claim to fame was that one time she got lucky in winning the Blast From the Past Tournament (not to mention she got to have a second chance when her original tag partner bailed on her after the first round) and failed to win the Bombshell Championship after the fact.

For someone who was the protege of a Hall of Famer like Mikah and being married to Mikah’s first ever student, Courtney Pierce - the new Bombshell Champion - you would think that success would rub off on Ruby.

For one thing, I can't figure out the Steele's obsession with trying to stay relevant. I understand why like her cousin, Kate, that Ruby will do absolutely anything to try to stay with the cool kids, but come on. Coincidence? I think not.

No, that's not it. Just Ruby looking for clout. The Steele Family is notorious for this.

When you know, you know.

So Ruby steps in the ring with me and while this year hasn't been anything to write home about, a motivated Mercedes is a dangerous Mercedes, and I still got the experience to put Ruby away and get back to being the best version of myself.

I know that Ruby is coming off that loss to Eiley a few weeks back answering the question of who was the better protégé of Mikah - the match we never wanted but needed - so she's looking to rebound from that loss. Only thing is, she picked a bad week to do it.

But let's rewrite history. Let's pretend that Ruby is who she is in SCW. Let's pretend, for a moment, that despite the vast experience between us that's going to be clearly seen when we're put in the same ring, that you prove me wrong. Let's go with admitting that I respect Ruby even though she doesn't respect me.

I  know Ruby is a fairly good competitor, I've seen what she can do. It's just that when it comes to you and me, me and you, you don't stand a chance. That's not an opinion, that's not theory, that's just plain facts.

I'm done playing games. I've more than proven a lot of doubters wrong over the years. My resume in SCW and longevity says a lot and more often than not it tends to drown out the haters. In a women's locker room that often sees competitors come and go within a couple years, if that, I've been one of the longest active here. I've been such a constant presence for the past 10 years now that it's almost easy to forget about my successes. I get no respect. With or without a title, I've proven without a doubt that I'm the most accomplished talent in the women's division and there is not a person alive on this roster that can say that I don’t have what it takes to become champion.

They say you’re only as good as your last match and it’s not how you start but how you finish. I've had more than a few weeks to reflect on my defeats and this Sunday I'm going to go take care of business. I'm going to go fix that. I'm going to right the ship. I'm going to find a way to win my next match and end this losing streak I’ve been on since May. That's what I'm trying to do, that's what I'm going to do. I'm wrestling again this weekend, getting an opportunity to finally put this losing streak behind me and I plan to show Ruby why she picked the wrong week to face the Dynasty of Sin City Wrestling.

Long before she knew and long after she remembers.

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)