Author Topic: Dreams and Nightmares  (Read 610 times)

Offline Sam Marlowe

• View Profile
    • Samantha Marlowe
Dreams and Nightmares
« on: February 02, 2024, 10:44:38 PM »
After talking to Mark Ward and hearing of the match that the two of them would be having in the lead-up Climax Control to My Bloody Valentine, Sam Marlowe smiled at Ben and then the pair headed towards their respective locker rooms.  Softly humming to herself, she moves towards her gear and grabs a bottle of shampoo and a towel to head towards the showers in the back of the room.   

Once there, she reaches for the faucet and turns it to heat as she prepares for the shower.  Stepping under the stream of water, she closes her eyes and lays her head back allowing it to flow down her body.  Her head rises again and her eyes open but remained unfocused as she sighs.  With her thoughts far away, she unthinkingly washes her hair and body.

“I can’t believe her,” she mutters to herself before rinsing her hair then her body.  “I don’t think that she told me the truth.  But damn it, she has to know that she is going to ruin what Colton and I have if she keeps talkin’ to him like I think she is,” adds Sam.

Flashback:

Sam Marlowe paces as she listens to the cell phone .  The look on her face is disbelief and anger as she pulls the phone away and sets it on the table in front of her after hitting the speaker.

“I am askin’ y’all again…what did you say to Colton?” demands Sam as she leans on her hands over the phone. 

“Why would you think that I said anything to Colton?” answers Cyn over the line, sounds of a young child being heard in the background.  Sam can hear the smile in the sound of Cyn’s voice.  “Has he said anything to you?”

Growling softly, Sam runs a hand through her hair and drops her head.  “Camo said nothing to me but I know that you and Monty must have said something to him about Ben and I.  Colton has been distant since New Years when we were back in Houston.  It is like when I mention that Ben and I are teaming up, he just shuts down.  Seems very familiar considering that the same thing happened before with the man I was involved with…”  Sam lets her voice trail off as she hears a choked out curse over the phone before a loud shush.

“Now Sammi…that is so far in the past now and I seriously don’t think that you should be even thinking that considering that ‘gentleman’ is now your brother in law,” offers Cyn which only has Sam rolling her eyes.  “Besides, I think you and Colton are such a cute couple.  I did mention about the time that Ben saved you from Anthrax…and the time Saint Ben saved you at that Bachelorette auction that time…just suggesting that Ben is your ‘Superman’.  If that makes Colton uncomfortable, I definitely will not ever talk about those memories any more.”

“Thanks Cyn, I think that Ben was right   I am done with you and Monty putting ideas in Colton’s head.  I want the two of you to stay out of our lives,” grits out Sam before she slams her finger on the disconnect button of her phone.

Grabbing the towel after turning off the water, Sam wraps it around herself then takes a second on to her hair, squeezing the dampness out of it before picking up the comb she had set on her bag.  Straddling the bench in the room, she slowly pulls the comb through her hair removing the tangles.  She turns to see Pussy Willow standing near the doorway looking at Sam.

“Hey Sam,” offers the interviewer.  “You had the match tonight you know.  All you needed was one more second and it would be you and Ben facing the champions for the mixed tag titles,” she adds as she sits nearby.

Sam laughs slightly before setting aside the comb and standing to grab her clothes.  “Guess I got a scoop then for you…Ben and I are challenging them next Climax Control,” says Sam as she moves behind the open door of the showers. 

Pussy’s eyes widen in surprise.  “Noooo way!” she exclaims.  “How did this happen and more importantly…WHEN!”

From the showers, Sam’s voice sounds a bit hollow.  “Well, Ben and I were talkin’ and he was talkin’ about how he thought he let me down and how we could have won the match faster.  Then Mark Ward came up to us…” says Sam as she pulls on her clothes.  “He said taht pretty much the same as you did…one second more and we would have won the match.  So they decided that it would be him and I getting the shot next week.”

“And the two of you must be so stoked for that match.  You two deserve it you know.  I am honestly surprised that it isn’t you two that are defending the titles,” Pussy says with a nod of her head.  “After all, the two of you have done it all between you two.  This title shot is going to give you two what you should have, a legit tag team title win and run.”

“Whoa…hold on there Pussy,” begins Sam as she walks out of the shower dressed in dark jeans, a white halter and blue knit sweater.  She is still barefooted as she once more sits on the bench.  “You have to remember that Finn Whelan and Kayla Richards are a formidable team and they did beat Limitless when we couldn’t.  So, don’t get ahead of yourself and this title shot.  I know that I am takin’ it as serious as a heart attack.  I need to because this is something that I really need to give Ben the chance at.  After all, this really is the only title left for Ben to wear,” says Sam as she pulls one foot up on the bench, tugs her pantleg upward and then slides a compression sock over the foot.and up her leg before setting her foot back on the floor.

“Sam…oh my god, why are you wearing those?  Are you ok?” asks Pussy as Sam pulls the other leg’s pant leg up. 

“Oh these…yeah, they just help me with the bit of edema that happens after a match,” Sam replies as she prepares the second sock before sliding it on.  “But you need to keep it on the qt…wouldn’t want to give the other bombshells something to use against me now do we?” she jokes which only makes Pussy shake her head and giggle.

“You know that they are going to use this next time any one of them face you right?” counters Pussy.  There might not be anyone here in the room but you know they will somehow have heard you talking about it.”

The pair share a laugh as Sam pulls on a black cowboy boot with silvery thread spelling out her initials.   Stomping that foot down, she grabs the other boot and pulls it on.  She takes a moment to roll her neck and then stands before turning to grab her bag. Suddenly there is a pounding on the locker room door and a voice can be heard from the other side which has both Pussy and Sam smiling.

“Hey Ginge…Pub?” 

I can’t really believe it.  Ben and I stepped in the ring at Climax Control last Sunday and drew with Ariana Angelos and Carter.  A draw would normally lead to another match for contendership but I don’t know if Ben and I had an angel watching over us or not but out of the blue, Mark Ward came to us and gave us the title shot. 

Not that I was surprised or anything…Oh my goodness I thought I could say that with a straight face and all but y’all know that it was a total surprise to me and I think it gave Ben a shot in the confidence that he needed.  I mean I know that after our match against Team Go, it was a little shaky and I don’t blame him either.  I felt like I let him down but I couldn’t let him think it was him.  After all, I am his biggest cheerleader.

It was only a matter of one second and that is the kicker.  We took Team Go to the time limit and forced a draw.  That ain’t anything to sneeze at if you ask me.  Still stings though because we all know that next time I face Ariana, she is going to use that to try to beat me down again.  And I really have to say that I know that no matter what, she is going to use it.  And I am fine with that because she is actually a really good wrestler and so is Carter.  I would be lyin’ if I said they weren’t. 

And I will say that lately, I haven’t really been focused on what I really want here in Sin City Wrestling.  Part of me wanted to make an impact and actually get back into the title picture as a singles wrestler but in all honesty, except for the internet title, there really isn’t anything that I need to prove to anyone. 

I guess I have to say that the only thing that is motivating me lately is the fact that I am teaming with my best friend here in the mixed tag title division.  Do you realize how long it has been since I have wanted to do this on a serious level? I guess you have to go back to when Ben and I made it all the way to the finals of the Blast from the Past in ‘Seventeen’.  But now both of us are on the same side once more after a really long time and now we are getting back into the winning groove that we need to be in this division.

Before you go ahead and talk about the fact that we haven’t been winningI am going to go ahead and stop you right there.  I know we haven’t technically won, we are getting closer and closer to turning that around and putting our names on the titles that we are getting the shot at this coming Climax Control

I am not taking anything away from the champions at all.  They are a hill we need to climb to etch our names on the titles but seriously…the team of Finn and Kayla is a hill that Ben and I are willing to die on when it comes to fighting for those titles.  And that ain’t a threat…it is more of a promise that I am making to Ben.

So Kayla, I am not trying to step up to you disrespectfully.  I recognize that you and Finn are pretty dang good and this will be a hard challenge for Ben and I.  and I know that Ben is taking this seriously considering that Finn is in line to challenge for the heavyweight title at the supercard.  And I am sure given that you and him seem to be in the same situation that everyone seems to think about Ben and I, it must mean that you don’t want to linger in the tag title division much longer if you have the chance to put it out there and challenge for a singles title.  And I would completely say that I could see you challenging for the Internet again or maybe even the World Bombshell title. 

Either way, it will be after you and I step in the ring.  If you win, congratulations to you.  But if Ben and I happen to come out on top and win the titles then I expect you put your name right up there to face whoever the Bombshell World champion is.  I know I would be an interesting next step for you when I am the mixed tag title holder after this Sunday.  However, let’s not get ahead of ourselves…we still have to step into the ring.

Don’t we?

The boardroom at Marlowe Industries is filled with a large table of wood and resin.  Comfortable chairs surround it, occupied with members of the corporate board members.  At one end of the table, three chairs are empty as the door opens and Philip Marlowe walks in dressed in a dark suit with a white button down shirt and a cartoon tie.  Following behind him, Montgomery Christopher saunters in.  Philip moves to the head of the table and Monty sits himself at Philip’s left hand.

The meeting is about to start as the door blows open to reveal a late attendee.  Dressed in a dark skirt, red blouse and a grey blazer, Sam Marlowe offers an apologetic smile at the board members who have turned to see who was late.  Closing the door, she moves towards the right hand of her father and sits down after offering him a kiss on the cheek.

“Morning Daddy, sorry I am late,” offers Sam as she pulls a smart notepad out of the briefcase she had set beside her.  Opening it, she takes the pen and writes down the date.  She looks up and offers the board her attention.

Philip smiles at Sam then turns to the  rest of the board before he begins to speak.  “I called everyone here today because we have some information to discuss.  I have the numbers from the last quarter and I have to say that we are in a good position with profits.  I have to say that adding Sam and Monty to the team at the Board level was a good idea. Monty has increased our sales for sure and well, Sammi is going to be taking over this one day with her sister…Not for a long time though!” exclaims Philip which only makes the board laugh a bit.

Monty tugs at his tie and smiles as he puts a hand on the table, close to the left hand of Philip Marlowe almost as if to pat it patronizingly.  “Thank you, Phil, it is an honor to be helping you make this company more profitable.  Cyn would be here but with her being more of an at-home mother…” offers Monty with a condescending smile, “it is only natural that Imake sure her interests are served.  So as Philip was saying, this quarter I…”

Sam looks across the table at Monty as he boasts about all that he had done then turns to look at her father who shakes his head slightly to stop her from saying anything.  She nods in understanding and keeps her mouth shut as Monty continues to talk. 

An hour later, Sam is packing up her notebook and pen while the rest of the board chats at the other end of the room.  Monty saunters over with a smirk from behind her and he leans one hand on the table beside her. 

“Look at you Sammi, looking quite professional,” he sneers as he takes in her outfit.  “It isn’t something I have seen you wear often given that you are a girl who prefers her comforts.  Or wearing very little in the ring.  By the way, how is that going for you?”

Sam doesn’t look at him as she shrugs.  “It’s going okay I guess you could say,” she replies.

“What, you and your Ben still teaming up?” he asks while watching as the rest of the board leave the room.

“He’s not MY Ben Monty,” says Sam angrily.  “We are friends and we are a team but that is it.  So it wasn’t only Cyn that was saying anything about us…You were too huh?”  She turns to find that Monty had moved closer and was inhaling the scent of her perfume with a curl of his lips at the pleasure it is giving him.  Sam backs away from him as he begins to stalk towards her.

“I ain’t said nothing about your precious friend Ben to your husband Sam,” says Monty as he backs her against a wall.  “I have to admit that I am a little jealous of your Colton and Ben.  Do you realize I had you first and if you hadn’t been such close friends with Ben I would be your husband right now?”

“Oh really?  You think that Cyn would have allowed that?” counters Sam as she tries to move around Monty but he leans in, one hand resting on the wall to prevent her movements.  “You know she would have had you no matter what was going on.  And trust me, you fell for it.”

“If you hadn’t been such a goodie goodie, I wouldn’t have had to get it from your sister.  But that can be changed you know…one word from you and I would leave her high and dry,” offers Monty as he leans in even closer, his voice lowering as he speaks into the ear of Sam.

“There is a little problem, I am married to Colton,” responds Sam as she puts her hands against the chest of Monty to attempt to push him away.  He chuckles as he once more inhales against the soft curls of Sam’s hair.

“Oh come on Sam, you know you would enjoy being with me,” he offers before pressing against her.

Sam panics slightly as she pushes once more.  “Get off me Monty, you are my sister’s husband,” she hisses. He leans in harder and Sam is forced back against the wall.  She looks over the shoulder of Monty to see if there is anyone who could come and help.  Seeing no one, she turns her eyes to see Monty moving in to kiss her.  She turns her head slightly enough to avoid the kiss and then grabbing the lapels of Monty’s jacket, she sends him stumbling back and coughing at the vicious knee she used to drive him away. 

Grabbing her briefcase, she moves to glare at Monty and speaks slowly through her teeth.  “Don’t you EVER touch me again.  If you do, I won’t hesitate to make you regret it!” Sam threatens before turning angrily and heading to the door.  She exits without looking back at the man who is cursing under his breath and making a promise to get her back in revenge for denying him.

Straightening up, Monty adjusts himself and then plasters a cold smile on his lips as he walks to the door and leaves the room.

Wow, what a week I have had and it is leading up to the best part of it which will be happening on Sunday.     Because Sunday is when I step into the ring with someone that I have respect for, actually three people that I have respect for.

First is Finn Whelan.  What can I say about him that hasn’t been said by everyone else?  This is a man who definitely would be someone who could be on top of the superstars’ division and just might be at the supercard.  He has proven himself time and again, has won titles, and right now is dominating in the mixed tag division. I will admit that I can’t speak from experience because we all know that as a bombshell, I would never face him one on one.  But speaking as a fan, I do have to say that I have watched him and he is someone who is not to be underestimated because when you do that, he will make you regret it. 

That is why I am so glad that I am coming into the match with a partner that I have faith in to be the match to Finn Whelan and that is my bestie Ben Jordan.  When I tell you that I have faith, it is because he is a man who has also won titles and he is a man that most people know can come out of anywhere and take the win whenever he wants.  Out of the ring, Ben is my best friend and I will admit that the prat makes me laugh with his antics and when I hear him call me Ginge I know something is going to happen and it is going to be a laugh and a half.  In the ring, however, there is no one else that I would want as a partner.  He and I worked well together in the Blast from the Past and we are getting back into that team again.  So we have been a bit rusty but that hasn’t stopped us from fighting for the mixed tag titles.

So I have talked about the superstar half of this match and now let me direct my attention to the final person that I have respect for in this match.  The Dream Killer Kayla Richards.

I am sure that she has probably talked about me to no end.  About how I am such a famous title holder, a hall of famer and a strong competitor.  And I am also sure that she has done the same as everyone else and talked about how I am no longer the bombshell face of the company.  Like I haven’t heard it all before.  Well what can I say?  Lately I haven’t really given anyone anything to cheer about.

That could change this Sunday when I step in the ring.  Stepping into the ring with Kayla Richards, she will talk about killing my dreams of winning those titles that she is one half of the champions that hold them.  I don’t dream of winning the titles so she has no dreams to really kill when it comes to this match.  Oh she will think she does, because it is a dream to hold the titles with my bestie but it is a dream that she won’t be able to kill because it is going to be a dream realized in the ring.  Between you and me Kayla, I know just what I am going to do in the ring on Sunday.  And as much as Kayla is ready for it, so am I.

Just think though…if Ben and I beat you and Finn, no skin off Finn’s waist because he very well could be winning the Heavyweight title but where will that leave you Kayla?  Just another bombshell without a title like I have been lately.  Or it could open up opportunities for you when it comes to single titles.  Imagine…you call yourself the Dream Killer, maybe I should be called the Dream Granter because when I beat you, you can start a new dream of singles gold. 

Either way, we have to wait until Sunday before we find out whether or not you kill the dream of Ben and I wearing and sharing those titles or I grant you the opportunity to dream of singles glory.  Only a few more sleeps until the match Kayla and Ben and I possibly winning the mixed tag titles.  After all, a girl can dream…Can’t she?