Author Topic: Questions raised, feelings of jealousy...what the bubble?  (Read 647 times)

Offline Sam Marlowe

• View Profile
    • Samantha Marlowe
Questions raised, feelings of jealousy...what the bubble?
« on: January 26, 2024, 11:56:44 PM »
A computer screen can be seen and beside it, an iced coffee sweats leaving a ring of liquid on the table.  Across from it, a familiar redhead is seen, her hair pulled up in a pair of pig tails that curls around her shoulders, dressed in a pair of dark leggings, slouch socks and a homemade scw crop top over a black halter.  It is still in the room with the only sound being the crackle of the fireplace nearby.

“I wonder when he is going to start this stream he was talkin about,” mutters Sam as she reaches over to turn on the computer.  The screen lights up showing a Sam Marlowe fan art image. Leaning towards the screen, Sam’s fingers dance over the keyboard and a webpage shows up with a chat.  It is very static with the chat scrolling with some comments from fans wondering when the stream will start. 

Sam sits back pulling the glass of iced coffee with her.  Sipping it, she hears a face time tone of an incoming call. Reaching over, she taps the answer button and Colton Myers appears with a smile for Sam.  “Hey beautiful, what are you doing?” he asks as he leans his chin on his hand.

“Darlin’ I am just watching something online today.  Ben asked me to just tune into his live ask him anything session he booked for today.  He wants my opinion on his reintroduction.  If you ask me, everyone knows him anyways.  But I want to support him with this so I am ready to watch it and let him know how it went,” offers Sam with a quick eye roll which means that she misses the look on the face of Colton who mutters ‘I see.’

Sam offers Colton a smile herself as she leans forward.  “What about you darlin’?  I miss you.”

“You know that this movie is going to be a few more months that I have to be here but I wish you could join me out here,” Colton says.  “Getting to do the stunts for this guy is definitely fun but I miss you too sweetness.  Listen, why don’t you make plans to join me this weekend?

Sam’s smile fades slightly as a hurt look comes over her face.  “Oh goodness, I wish I could but this week I am scheduled to be at Climax Control for a match,” says Sam. 

“Oh…who are you facing?  Anyone I know?” asks Colton.

“Yeah, Ariana Angelos is who I have to face in this match,” begins Sam.  She takes a moment to glance at the screen to the left of the open chat window and continues.  “It’s a mixed tag match with Ben as my partner.  We are facing Team Go.  I am hearing that it could mean that if Ben and I win, we will be able to challenge for the mixed tag belts.  And I just can’t let Ben down this time because he and I are working to win the titles so I have to be on my game this weekend but maybe after Sunday I could come out to the set.  I could ask for the week off and we can make a weekend of it next weekend.”

“I wish I could darlin’,” says Colton with a tone of disappointment.  “We are shooting out in the field next weekend so I won’t be anywhere you could be.  Maybe you just focus on your match with Ben…”

Sam’s eyebrow raises slowly as the comment makes her question what he had said.  “What are you talking about Camo?  Ben’s just a friend and there is nothing there.  Wait a minute…are you jealous of Ben?” demands Sam as she turns to the facetime window.  “You shouldn’t be darlin’.   Why are you acting this way?”

“No reason Sammi…forget I even brought it up,” answers Colton who looks to the side as if someone had called him.  “I gotta go, they need me for a stunt.  I’ll give you a call tonight sweetness,” he says before his hand moves across the screen and sends the view to black.  “Wonder what has him in a tizzy,” mutters Sam as she sees that Ben has started his ask me anything.

Sam sits back, sipping at the iced coffee and listens like a silent observer to the chat with a non recognized name to be anonymous.  She laughs at some of the questions as she sips at the coffee.  Suddenly Sam can hear Ben mention her name, reading a question about if there is something romantic between them.  Sam sits up with a spit take that sends liquid onto the screen with a splash.  Sam scrambles to pull off the tee and to wipe at the screen.

“Oh my goodness…it is a good thing that I am hidden on here…” she mutters as she listens to the response from her friend.   She stops suddenly when he mentions her sister the dragon.  “Cyn…wait a minute…what does she have to do wi…” Sam begins only to have her eyes widen as she takes in the blacked facetime window.  “Son of a bi..” escapes the lips of Sam as she shakes her head.  “Cyn better have an explanation for Ben’s comment.  And is that the reason Colton gets to angry when I talk about Ben,” adds Sam to herself.  Not waiting for the rest of the stream, Sam gets off the couch and leaves the room with the stream still playing.   

Picking up her phone, Sam furiously begins to tap on the glass and then brings the phone to her ear.  After a moment, there is an answer and Sam’s voice can be heard talking angrily.

“Cyn, what in hellfire did you say to Colton about Ben and I?” Sam demands as she angrily begins pacing she listens to the muffled response of a woman’s tone voice can be heard    “I know you must have said something to make Colton so defensive and angry when I mention my friend’s name…YES, Ben is my friend and I know you must be twisting the situation for Colton.”

Nothing else is heard as Sam listens to the answer as the scene fades out.

Once again, Sam Marlowe is stepping into the ring at SCW..  New year, new challenges, same old sad verbal beat down,.  Y’all make me wonder if everyone is using the same talkin’ points when it comes to cutting promos against me.  Wash rinse repeat is a hair shampoo commercial y’all, not a great recipe for cutting a wrestling promo.

I get it I really do.  Wanting to ride high on a win over lil ole me.  Bravo, you beat me.  A lot of bombshells have beaten me.  And I have beaten a lot of bombshells.  Like did I ever tell you about my very first match in SCW…or my first title win?  Yeah I probably have because I tended to do the exact same thing that everyone else talks about.   That changes here and now.

This week I am stepping into the ring for the first time in twenty twenty four and believe it or not, it is taggin’ with my best friend Ben Jordan against the team of HB Carter and Ariana Angelos.  A team that if you ask me is one to watch since both of them have proven time and again that they are the threats that have what it takes to actually make it in the mixed tag division.  The team that if I were asked I would have said that they would have been a shoe-in for the mixed tag titles.  And I don’t know why they haven’t gotten there yet however, seems that they went their separate ways to singles glory.

Then there is me and Ben.  My best friend has a very storied history and a well documented championship record that would make anyone a hall of famer but Ben ain’t like that.   Did you know that he has pretty much done it all and has nothing left to prove really.  Well that is except for one title that he would need to complete his collection…the mixed tag match.  However, that is HB Carter’s issue to deal with.  And I don’t envy him that issue.

Because when it comes to challenge, my issue will be getting past Ariana Angelos in this match.  And I have heard that little promo she cut against me.  And I have to applaud her for it.  Reminding me that I lost to her in the Blast from the Past tournament last year like I forgot.  Thank you  Ariana…I don’t know what I would do without you being so helpful.  Next thing I wonder though is are  you going to be taking over for Mercedes Vargas with all this historical record keeping or do you just like touting your wins?   

I know that I have a big hill to climb because you do hold that win over me.  And I will admit this much…you are champion material considering that have held the Bombshell Roulette title and the Bombshell Internet title.  And had strong runs with those titles.  How can I ever compete with that?

Oh yeah…I have won the Bombshell Roulette title too…only difference is that I have won it four times to your one time.  And trust me, I can almost see the thought processes in your mind…winning it four times means that you lost it three times.  Yes I have but then I cam back better each time.  Oh and the Bombshell Internet title…yes, you have won that title…TWICE…and I haven’t.  What can I say to that…you are better than I am with that title.  Only real thing that I can counter that is the fact that I have won the Bombshell world title…TWICE. 

So this week we step into the ring in a mixed tag match and if I am honest, this could be a really interesting match because both you and Carter and Ben and I have things to prove.  You proving that you still have what you got going on with your best friend in the ring.  The fact that you and Carter are still on the same wavelength when it comes to mixed tag matches.  Ben doesn’t have much to prove to anyone in my opinion but I do have something to prove to him and you and everyone in SCW.

Sam Marlowe had decided that this is a new year and that I ain’t going to settle for second best anymore.  Yeah I have lost, I have won.  But that is all in the past and the past don’t matter anymore.  I think that I want to start a new record from right now.  I am going to put my mind to my very next match and not worry down the road or what happened in the past. 

First match of the year for me and it is a mixed tag teammatch with Ben Jordan, my bestie.  And between the two of us, I am more than sure there might just be title contendership with this match.  Think about it, Finn Whelan who beat Carter last week and his partner facing you and Carter.  Wow, wouldn’t that just be a mismatch given that you two have been more focused on singles titles whereas Ben and I have been more focused on the mixed titles.  So my advice to you is try to be ready to face two veterans who have nothing to prove but everything to gain with a win this week on Climax Control.

Ariana, I guess that all I have to say is I am so sorry when it comes to the match this week because I am coming to win and that will mean that you are going to lose…

See you Sunday.