Author Topic: SAMANTHA MARLOWE v MERCEDES VARGAS  (Read 2985 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
SAMANTHA MARLOWE v MERCEDES VARGAS
« on: April 24, 2023, 02:11:27 PM »
Post your roleplays here by deadline. Good luck and have fun!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Sam Marlowe

• View Profile
    • Samantha Marlowe
Re: SAMANTHA MARLOWE v MERCEDES VARGAS
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023, 10:51:53 PM »

You want to know what unsolved mysteries are to me?  What motivates me the most is an unsolved mystery and now at Into the Void, I have come across an unsolved mystery that is tugging at me.

I bet you are wondering to yourself, what mystery does Sam Marlowe have to solve in London at Into the Void.  I asked myself the same thing and the answer I came up with is that I have been matched against someone that I know very well in Mercedes Vargas.  I can hear you saying ‘Sam, you have faced Mercedes Vargas many times, how can she be a mystery anymore?’ and to that, I have a couple of comments on that. 

Mercedes and I have had many matches and she would be able to tell you that she and I have split most of those matches being evenly matched and I would have to agree.  So no mystery there.  I could recite chapter and verse about our matches like Mercedes is always talking about but that really isn’t my style.

No, the mystery is not facing Mercedes.  The mystery is something much more fundamental.  The mystery is why am I returning to a full time schedule with SCW and why am I facing Mercedes when it has been quite a while that I have been out of the ring.  Mercedes is after all a multiple time champion, a hall of famer…someone that is capable of beating me. 

The response is that if I wanted to just face someone that was easy to beat then I would not be motivated enough to come back to the ring.  Sure there are some really great bombshells that have joined the division and I am sure each and everyone of them would want to face me given that I am a multiple time champion, a hall of famer and someone who is synonymous with top talent here in Sin City Wrestling.  Well with me back in the division, there will be time for that.

But first…Into the Void and the solving of the mystery that is Mercedes Vargas.

Sam Marlowe is sitting in the lounge of the airport in Vegas, dressed in a pair of loose pants and a sweatshirt that reads U of Vegas.  A pair of dark glasses hides her eyes and stops people from approaching her as she rests her head against the wall behind her.    As she does, a buzzing sound rings in her ears.  Pulling the phone out of her pocket in the hoodie, she looks down at the caller.

“Hello to you Ben, what’s up?” she says answering the phone with a smile.  No one can hear his response but Sam’s smile and soft giggle indicate it is something humorous.  “Yeah, Colton wasn’t too surprised about me resigning with SCW.  He just can’t come to London.”  Sam’s face straightens as she thinks back to last week. 

Flashback:

The soft sound of bare feet padding across a tile floor draws the attention of Colton Myers who is sitting on the side of a desk, one hand holding a few papers that he is reading.  The door opens to reveal Sam Marlowe, her hair pulled back into a high ponytail and wearing a wrestling tee that is knotted on her lower back and a pair of tights.  The short curls plaster a sweaty forehead as she reaches up to brush them to the side but stops midway as Colton shakes the papers at her.

“So sweetness, when were you going to tell me about this?” asks Colton.  “I mean I thought you weren’t going to be going back other than for Blast from the Past.  Now I see you are considering signing a new contract.”

Sam looks guiltily at her husband and then finishes the swipe at her bangs.  “I meant to talk to you about that,” she fumbles as she moves closer and reaches for the papers.  “I haven’t submitted them yet so I could always not send them…”

The sound of her voice as it trails off lets Colton know that is would be something that Sam wouldn’t want to do.  She looks down at the papers in his hand, her signature pointed at by his thumb.  “If you do this Sam, when would you be starting?  We both know that I am back on set soon with that new job so I can’t be chasing you down when you have to travel.”

Sam reaches out and takes the papers and reading them, she mumbles her response.  “I’m supposed to go to London for Into the Void.”

“I beg your pardon?” Colton asks incredulously. 

“I am supposed to be in London in two weeks.  Actually, before that to prepare for the show with the media tour,” says Sam as she rolls her neck and lets her hand rub the back of it.  Colton straightens up from the desk and moves to where Sam is standing, her face flushed with a guilty look.  Colton puts his arms around Sam which only makes her hang her head more.

“Are you sure about this Sam?  I want you to be happy and if getting back into the grind of wrestling, I am not going to stop you,” offers Colton as he lays his chin on her shoulder.  “But I won’t be able to travel with you and if you get hurt, there isn’t anything I can do from a distance.  Please stay safe sweetness.”

Leaning back into the arms of her husband, Sam smiles and leans her head against Colton’s.  “Thanks darlin’, I will be careful.  But if I am going to be heading to London, I have some things to do before I leave.”

Sam rushes out of the room, the papers in her hand leaving Colton just shaking his head as she goes. 

End flashback

Sam listens again as Ben can be heard to speak into the earpieces.  “I know that I booked a place to stay for the next two weeks,” she answers and listens once more.  “I know you said that I could stay at your place but we both know that it would just start people talkin’.  Besides, I have some things that I need to think about and well, when we tend to get together there is usually drinking and pub crawlin’ and the like.  If I am getting back into the saddle at SCW I have to be at my best.  I found a place near the arena.  I am staying at the Stratford Hotel and will be getting in early tomorrow.”

She listens again but Ben’s voice is drowned out by the call for the flight to London.  Sam gets to her feet and with one hand she pulls her carry on and heads to the gate.

“I’ll give you a call when I get in to London…” she says but is interrupted.  Listening, his comments make her roll her eyes and shake her head.   “I have to go Prat…I’ll see you soon.”

Hanging up her phone, she brings out her passport and boarding ticket to show at the gate then proceeds down the skyway to disappear around the corner.