Author Topic: forgotten?  (Read 407 times)

Offline Frost

• View Profile
    • Lucian Frost
forgotten?
« on: May 31, 2013, 11:34:05 PM »
 Two Thousand Thirteen has not been the greatest of starts for Carlos Duquesne, harvesting on a vendetta against the masked enigma, Lucian Frost, hiring a giant in the hope to eliminate his foe and promote him in Frost’s place. However the death of his client and the transformation of Lucian has forged a new bond between Frost and Duquesne. For the past week with the anticipation of a new number one contender for the SCW Heavyweight Championship, Lucian was preparing himself to be an entrant for the battle royal, training was good and he’d never felt better in all his life. Lucian was about to train when he noticed a bit of paper left upon his bag, leaning down to pick it up and unfolding it carefully, Lucian gazes upon the handwritten note with confusion but eager to learn more.

It will not always feel good,
This growing.
This stretching beyond the boundaries of the known,
The comfortable.
It will not always feel safe,
This learning and relearning of your own abilities
This reexamining of beliefs
This pushing of envelopes
This breaking through enclosing walls.

You will shiver.
You will doubt.
You will want to run home.
Back behind walls of safety.
This walk to the edge will not
Feel good, safe, or comfortable,
But there is no faster way to learn.
There is no other way to grow.

So step out.
Leave your home base
Your comfort zone
Your cocoon
Acknowledge the fear and discomfort

But step out all the same.
With each step you take,
Your world expands
Your caterpillar mind will
Strain to comprehend the unbounded vastness of the sky.

Step out.
Step…step…step.
Unfurl your wings.
Fly.

Lucian nods his head as he turns the bit of paper to see a small blurb written for him.

“You cannot run without learning how to walk, you may think you’re ready to challenge for the heavyweight championship, but you’re not. Embrace yourself as you’ll need it for the challenges ahead. Stepping out of this comfort zone and into the great unknown. – C

A bit confused as to why Carlos had left him this note, he folds it away and places it into his trouser pocket and thinks nothing more about it. The night of Climax Control and in the shadows he watches the show, seeing the National Wrestling Alliance members enter the battle, trying to achieve a shot at Jordan William’s championship at the next big event. How he has longed to be the man that challenged for the heavyweight championship but  this isn’t his time, Lucian knows this, he needs to battle and be successful before he could even imagine becoming the brands champion. He had lost to Nick Jones and Giani Di Luca in successive singles contests, this wasn’t a mark for a champion, Lucian needs to get back to winning ways and become a champion once again.

Tag Team Champion? With Kain currently sidelined he has been unable to progress and challenge Goth and Brother Grim for the Championships.  

Roulette Champion? It had been a long time since he challenged for the championship he first held over a year ago, a backward step in some people’s eyes but a championship nonetheless.

Heavyweight Championship.. It keeps coming back to the main championship for Lucian, a title he not once been considered for, a championship he’d love to hold and do it justice. Carlos doesn’t believe he is ready, in his own mind he doesn’t think he is ready, but the heart tells Frost differently. That his belief can make him a worthy opponent for the SCW Championship.

Lucian didn’t step up and enter the battle, he watched as a new challenger was crowned, a non-SCW competitor who now has the golden ticket at Into The Void. This week Lucian has been placed in a one-on-one contest with Hope Heelcum, a match he had encountered back in November when he returned to the SCW from injury. Lucian sits in the dark boiler room, steam surrounding him, his mask the only defining feature as he begins to speak.

“ In my time here in SCW I’ve never once stood in this ring and spoken to you outright, not once have I grabbed a microphone and come out to interrupt anyone, not once have I even challenged anyone for a title fight or even a match of any sorts! I was always under the impression that in order to be that mysterious enigma I had to act upon that, staying out of the limelight in order to be ‘mysterious’, not appearing on screen other than when I had my matches or intervening when Kain needed assistance…Well no more! Ever since I’ve entered the SCW I have not demanded anything! Until a few weeks ago I never met any of the owners of this god forsaken promotion! All I ever wanted was to represent this promotion, the brand of Sin City Wrestling, entering all the tournaments and inter-regional events in order to show what SCW had to offer. If you cut me in half you’d see that the SCW ran right through me! I may not have been the most successful yet I did what I could in order to show the Alliance what we were all about!”

“This war that’s engulfed this promotion has split the roster in half, Team Erik have rebelled against the loyalists with some not choosing to right, I am unsure why I wasn’t one of the first to be asked after my loyalty to the SCW. I had to reach out to Christian Underwood in order for myself to fly the SCW banner! After everything I’ve done in the alliance to showcase Sin City Wrestling, I had to reach out in order to fight the good fight, Mark Ward went to my partner and did whatever he could to ensure he was on their side but me.. Not even a glimmer of being asked! Erik did all he could to try and capture Kain but Lucian Frost was a mere afterthought! So the man of mystery, the enigma, the man who was the inaugural Roulette Champion and one of a small collection of men to have held two of the three main championships in the SCW, wasn’t even considered for Team Erik of Team SCW or even mentioned or even touted in order to win this on-going war! The man who has done everything for this promotion! Who is held in high regard with some wrestlers in the back and in the alliance itself, yet am I being promoted in your programs? Am I appearing in any of the posters for our big events, is their merchandise promoting me? When people mention the SCW in the alliance am I one of the men mentioned? NO! “

Lucian thumps the wall in anger

I’ve had enough of being overlooked by everyone! Do I have to mention that myself and Kain are still up there as one of the top contenders for Sinful Obsessions World Tag Team Championships? That me and Kain are still owed a one on one rematch for the SCW Tag Team Championships? Lucian Frost isn’t making the numbers up on this roster! Lucian Frost is actually a talented wrestler who deserves his time in the limelight! I’m not standing by and allowing others to claim the spotlight anymore! I’m going to make sure that none of you will forget who I am!

That starts with Hope Heelcum at Climax Control, if I need to prove a point to everyone in the back that Lucian frost isn’t going to be overlooked anymore, they better watch the match that I’m going to have with Hope. I’m going to make sure that when they announce “Into the Void” event that my name will not be forgotten! Sin City Wrestling processes many talented wrestlers and I will showcase to the entire roster why Lucian Frost isn’t someone to be forgotten, but actually a man ready to step up and be noticed, a man ready to be known.. a man ready to start his quest on becoming the first Grand Slam Championship within the SCW!”

Lucian steps into the fog with his footsteps becoming a mere echo, his determination to get onto the next show is clear, but will he make an impact for everyone to notice when the bell sounds on climax control…
>
T a g  T e a m  C h a m p i o n ( w / J o s h u a   A c q u i n  |  5 6  d a y s )
T a g  T e a m  C h a m p i o n ( w / J o n  D o u g h  |  5 6  d a y s )
T a g  T e a m  C h a m p i o n ( w / K a i n |  9 1  d a y s)
R o u l e t t e  C h a m p i o n ( I n a u g u r a l  |  4 9  d a y s )
W T F / H o l y  S h i t  M o m e n t  O f  T h e  Y e a r  2 0 1 4