Author Topic: The other side of J2H  (Read 1306 times)

Offline J2H

• View Profile
    • J2H
The other side of J2H
« on: December 01, 2023, 07:58:10 AM »
Sunday 26th November 2023.
Tempe, Arizona.
Climax Control.

J2H had just finished his night, commentating on Peter Vaughn Vs Alexander Raven, and had no plans to stick around at the arena after the match, which matched his determined walk as he made his way through the curtain and down the steps. In his mind, things were simple, just go to the exit and go home. He knew he wasn't doing anything special when he showed up at the arena and not brought anything needed for wrestling, all he needed was on his person when he spoke a few words on commentary, but so an SCW World Heavyweight champion, his work was never done. He stepped down the steps leading to the top of the ramp behind the curtain, his World Heavyweight Championship over his shoulder and turn the corner, looking at the people around him, but Pussy Willow wasted no time approaching.

Pussy: Hey J! Nice work on commentary out there.

He stopped in his tracks, his eyes moving up and down on the long time SCW reporter, knowing that she was after something.

J2H: I know, I'm J2H, I'm fucking awesome.

He was aware that somewhere, a camera was rolling on him, it was the SCW way, film everything because you never knew what could be used.

Pussy: And you learned what match you're going to face Alexander Raven in at December 2 Dismember.

He rolled his eyes, knowing where this was leading to.

J2H: Look, I know you're here to ask whatever you want to ask, I know there's camera rolling around here somewhere, I know you have  a question or two about it so just get on with it so I can get the fuck out of this place. It's Arizona, no one likes Arizona, I don't like Arizona, the people who live here don't like Arizona, so just ask away.

Pussy looked slightly taken back by J2H's firm words but wasn't surprised by the man who often shows up to work in a bad mood.

Pussy: Well, I'm a little confused.

His patience was wearing thin as he looked at the woman through narrowed eyes.

J2H: Confusing you is not difficult to do, but ask your fucking question or let me go home to my family.

Her mouth opened with more surprise but finally managed to get out her question.

Pussy: With all the matches you've been through lately, the high level of insane feats that have got people talking for months later, were you surprised that Alexander Raven didn't go for something more violent?

J2H couldn't help but smirk a little inside. He was expecting more from Alexander Raven.

J2H: I thought that he would be more creative then that! I mean I gave him the fucking world when it came to choices, I gave him a chance to live up to his reputation of being a bad ass but it appears that he was too scared to do anything to put himself at risk. I had to go through hell against Michael Harris, I had to beat five other people in a match just to call myself a champion and he comes up with a fucking submissions match? Let's call it what it is, shall we? It's self preservation. He knew that taking on me in something big like that would only get him hurt. He knew that no matter what, putting himself in harms way wouldn't work out for him, but that's not the only reason.

Pussy: It's not?

J2H: No, it's not. The other reason is that he's trying to show that he's smart. He knows that I rarely use submissions, he know that I don't do that MMA shit, so he's playing on that. He thinks this is the best fucking chance he has of becoming SCW World Heavyweight champion. He's picked one of my weaker sides to my game to exploit it while saving himself from getting hurt, but here's the fucking thing. I'm J2H and I got weeks to learn this submission shit and within a week, I will be the best in the world with those things, so I'm not fearful of this match because my weakness will become my strength in no time. Now I'm going to go now, because this is fucking boring.

He didn't wait for Pussy to ask him anything else as he walked past her, heading towards the corridor near by but Christian Underwood cut him off by raising a hand from across the hall.

Christian: Just a minute James.

He could feel the anger build up inside him as he was once again stopped from leaving the building, stopping and giving Christian a few seconds to make his way across to speak to him.

J2H: I got places to be, like out of this state and home.

Christian raised an eyebrow at him as he looked at the shorter man, turning his full attention to him.

Christian: Before you go, I wanted to let you know something. You haven't been in the ring since you won that thing.

J2H: Who's fault is that? I mean I don't book this shit. I don't put my top stars in matches with five people who have a grudge against me through jealousy who decide to bang me up to prove a point. You're the one with the pen and could put my name down to fight.

J2H shrugged at Christian while smirking at his boss.

Christian: That's what I'm about to tell you James, because I've done just that. I've used that pen and I've wrote your name down and I've been trying to decide who to write against it and then it hit me. Now your opponent for December 2 Dismember just lost to Peter Vaughn, so I think maybe we should put you in the ring against Peter Vaughn, clash of the champions.

J2H looked blankly at Christian, his eyes locked in with his bosses eyes as he shrugs his shoulders at him.

J2H: Do it, because you know as well as I do, there's no one here who can stop me, not Alexander Raven, and certainly not Peter Vaughn. You line them up and I'll knock them down and once I'm done, once I'm finished with Raven, I'll even take Vaughn's Roulette title from him too. Peter Vaughn doesn't worry me at all, so yeah, I'll see you where ever the next show is and add his name to my list.

Christian: It's in Phoenix.

J2H sighed as he shook his head, once again disappointed by hearing another show in Arizona.

J2H: What is your obsession with Arizona? Like really? This place is a fucking dump! Ugh!

Christian shrugged his shoulders but J2H walked passed him, heading towards the exit and finally on his way home.

Wednesday 29th November 2023,
Beverly Hills, California,
Beverly Gardens Park.

J2H didn't care about his reputation when it came to being on screen, he was used to being the bad guy, to a point, he loved being the bad guy and doing all he could to be the greatest antagonist that he could be, but away from the cameras of SCW and the pressures that came with being a public figure, he liked to see himself as a normal guy, a father like most on the SCW roster. Being a World Champion and father wasn't an easy thing to do for anyone, especially when your children are young and a champion has to do the extra work, such as travelling to every show for a five minute spot, or doing extra promotional work around the world, it was tough to maintain a regular relationship. J2H somehow seemed to keep things together, dedicating a day to being around his son without Melody being around and today, James Jr had decided on feeding the ducks at a park. 

J2H: Don't run too far ahead.

J2H watched his son move ahead of him, peering out from under the brim of a baseball cap with hood covering the cap itself. The month had been cold in Beverly Hills, and J2H dressed accordingly.

JJ: I won't!

He watched as his son, bread in hand, made his way to a small duck pond and walked towards him, keeping his head down lower as people passed him by. He caught up with his next in line namesake and stood over him, watching as the ducks came closer as a handful of bread hit the water. These little moments, just watching something so simple brought a show of pride through him as he looked at him.

J2H: Daddy's gonna go sit on that bench, don't go closer to the water because if you fall in, you might have to live with the ducks.

J2H smiled as his son turned around and looked at him with a mischievous look in his eyes, on his innocent looking face. 

JJ: Can the ducks come and live with us Daddy?

J2H's eyes widen as he thought back to the duck Melody once brought home, Dexter, who seemed to have more human traits then most people.

J2H: We tried that once, and that duck was a pain in the butt.

He muttered the last words so that James Jr didn't hear through his thick, full lined hooded coat and the little man turned his attention back to the ducks as J2H took a few steps back to the nearby bench. He kept a close eye on his son as he watched him throw another handful of bread, causing the ducks to come closer. James Jr turned to smile at his father before throwing another handful of bread towards them. 

JJ: This is fun!

J2H smiled at his sons excitement as the ducks came closer. J2H loved moments like this where he could just slow down and see the world at a slower pace. It wasn't long before the bread had gone and his son was barrelling his way back to him, jumping in the air and on to his father's lap.

J2H: Out of bread already?

His son nodded at him as he wiggled to a comfortable position.

JJ: They were very hungry today. They must have missed breakfast.

His innocence made J2H nod along with his son.

J2H: Yeah and you need to have that if you want to be big and strong.

J2H looked at James Jr, he could tell his son wanted to say something but didn't know how to or how to word it.

J2H: Something wrong?

JJ: Are you going away again to wrestle?

These were the moments that the big tough wrestler side of him hated, having to leave his family if only for a few days.

J2H: I'm going on Friday and I will be back on Sunday night.

He saw the look of disappointment on James Jr's face and it was a look that he hated to see.

JJ: Ok.

Just one single word from his own son stung J2H, but he knew this is something that he had to do.

J2H: There is a good thing though.

JJ: What's that?

J2H: You get to see Daddy wrestle again.

Those words brought a huge smile to the young man's face. He loved to see J2H wrestle, it's why J2H did still wrestle rather then being a man who could comfortably live life. He was only twenty nine years old and could easily retire and live well, but he did this for his son. He did this because his son was a fan and worshipped him as a hero.

JJ: Yay! Who are you wrestling daddy?

J2H: I'm wrestling Peter Vaughn.

An air of silence filled the space as his son looked at him with a thoughtful expression on his face. He put his head on J2H's arm, not saying anything as he squeezed his hand.

JJ: He's a good wrestler daddy. He beats everyone.

J2H knew his son was a fan, even at a young age, he was almost a student of the game, watching as much as he possibly could watch when it came to Sin City Wrestling. He knew which wrestlers were on winning streaks, more so then most of the wrestlers backstage.

J2H: But I'm better. I've beat Peter Vaughn before.

JJ: In a tag match with that mean man as your partner.

J2H: Yeah, but that mean man is gone now, I don't know where he's gone but he's gone and I don't think we'll see him again. I think I should have enough to beat Peter Vaughn. Before he had a partner so he didn't have to worry too much but now I think he's at home scared because he knows I'm going to beat him.

J2H had a reassuring tone to his voice. He knew his son was becoming more and more familiar of how wrestling works with every passing day. He'd been backstage at the big SCW shows so saw how things worked, but loved the fantasy of the fact that it could be real.

JJ: Do you think so?

J2H: I know so. Don't worry, I'm not going to work this hard, spend all this time away to lose to Peter Vaughn. Peter Vaughn has his own stuff on his mind. He has to think about his own championship so things will be ok. I'll be there on Friday, beat Peter Vaughn on Sunday and be back before you know it.

James Jr looked at his father, feeling reassured by his words.

JJ: And then you're going to fight Alexander Raven.

J2H was impressed with his son's memory and how much he loved wrestling in general.

J2H: I'm gonna beat Alexander Raven.

JJ: Good cause me and mommy are going to be at December 2 Dismember.... What does dismember mean?

J2H: That's not something you need to know until you're older. It's just a show name, a bad show name but a show name anyway. I will beat Peter Vaughn, I will beat Alexander Raven and then I will be home with the championship belt and then Santa's gonna show up and leave you lots of presents if you keep being a good boy.

An excited look appeared on James Jr's face. He loved Christmas as much as he loved wrestling and couldn't wait.

JJ: Lots of presents?

J2H: Lot's of them. You know what your mother is like, she loves Christmas too, that's where you get it from. That's why I suspect we're going back to the house and it's gonna look very much like Christmas.

JJ: Can we go home and find out?

He jumped off J2H's lap, jumping up and down on the spot, looking at his father waiting for an answer.

J2H: You sure you don't wanna stay out here a little more.

A very fast shaking of the head from James Jr showed his intentions at this moment in time and J2H stood on his feet.

J2H: Alright. Let's make a quick stop off first to get some hot chocolate for mommy and Simpson and we'll go home and find out.

James Jr. didn't need another second to think about it as he quickly started to move away from the bench and pond, innocently waving towards the ducks as he passed by. J2H shook his head before catching up with his son as the scene fades to black.

Friday 1st December 2023,
Just outside Phoenix, Arizona,
Dobbin's Lookout

The week had passed fairly peacefully compared to most weeks and the champion had made his way to a location around about thirty minutes outside Phoenix, Arizona to Dobbins Lookout, a place that looks over Phoenix, located in the South Mountain Park. The usually busy spot was slightly less busy on this cold but bright December morning as J2H sat on a rock, Phoenix over his shoulder. The SCW World Heavyweight Championship sat on his other shoulder, then slight glare of the sun reflecting off the gold plates secured to the leather strap. 

J2H: Even with a view like that, Arizona is still ass.

He didn't even know why he hated Arizona so much, but for some reason, he had never been a fan of it.

J2H: All week, I've heard people say the same shit over and over. In the streets, online, everywhere I have gone this week, I've had people say to me that this Sunday is going to be my biggest fucking challenge I've had. Everyone was telling me that Peter Vaughn is the biggest challenge in SCW right now. Clearly these idiots wasn't watching when I faced Michael Harris cause he was my biggest challenge, but Peter Vaughn?

He stopped for a second, looking down at the ground below him before he lifted his head and looked deep in to the camera.

J2H: Just because the man has been on some kind of streak, doesn't make him my most dangerous opponent yet. I'm his most dangerous opponent yet. You don't get this thing over your shoulder if you're not the best in the business.

He looked at the SCW World Championship, pointing to it with pride on his face.

J2H: Can I say the guy isn't talented? Fuck that because to be a Roulette champion, there has to be something about you. To not know what match you're stepping in to takes some thought process, it takes confidence. I know this because I have been there, early in my career, I was a Roulette champion and I beat people who went on to make a name for themselves, I beat people who were much better then this roster, and that is why people are looking at you with rose tinted glasses Peter because being a champion is one thing, but the way you get known as one of the best champions of all time is based on the people you beat and you beating the Miles Kasey's, and Bill Barnhart's of the world isn't exactly setting the world on fire. I mean come on bro, you're facing Eddie Lyons for that thing, you're not facing anyone with any credibility when it comes to building a legacy, you're not beating people who have any value. Did you see me at High Stakes? Did you happen to watch the main event or did you just walk away after your match Peter? I beat Goth, Austin James Mercer, Jack Washington, HB Carter and Alexander Raven. Each man a champion at some level, each man holding those single belts and leading. You're facing guys who barely make a dent in this business.

He smirked down the camera because he knew he was right, he knew the difference in quality was plain to see.

J2H: It's really clear to see Peter that while you're having that fucking huge win streak, you haven't really taken on anyone good and I should probably let you in on a little secret about the Roulette championship. I should probably tell you something just in case you didn't know. That championship, it's there for the lesser people to play around with, it's there for people who just come here that's not really as good as they think. It's a testing belt so when you came here with all those credentials and with all those accolades, you was seen as nothing special and put in the SCW equivalent of the special education class. 

He smiled and looked at his own championship belt.

J2H: It's kind of like a test, see who can handle being a champion and leading a division. Sure, you put on passable matches, but leader of a division, you are not.

One of J2H's main gripes with the SCW roster was well known and he knew that Peter Vaughn was a prize example of his major gripes.

J2H: Anyone who knows me, knows my hate for lazy fucking champions. I got this belt, I show up every fucking week. I don't care who you are, or what level your championship is, you show up every fucking week and you talk about it. You make people interested in it, you show there's some fucking pride in what you do and you've had that belt for a long time Peter and we've seen you talk about it what, once in front of a live crowd? That's fucking embarrassing for a champion!

He turned his head from the camera, gritting his teeth before snapping his head back.

J2H: Champions, challengers, you should be working but no prick even knows what Eddie Lyons sounds like, no one knows what the Roulette Champion even looks like in the ring when he's not wrestling. You might think that you're this great champion Peter but you're like so many others in SCW right now, you're a fucking let down. You're a let down to the fans, you're a let down to your division and you're a let down to me!

He took a moment to breath and collect his thoughts before continuing.

J2H: You can claim to be whatever you want Peter, you can swing that belt above your head all day every day but having that belt does not make you a real champion. Champions lead, Champions step up, champions pull a division behind them, champions force challengers to step up and you're not doing that. You haven't since the day you won that belt and I'd bet that even with this shot in the arm, this kick up the ass, you still won't try and raise your game. I am gonna tell you how this is gonna go bro. You will have your moment in the sun with me, and you're welcome for that, but I will win. You'll go back to fighting guys like Alfonso whatever his fucking name is, and Eddie Lyons, and Bill Barnhart and you simply won't give a fuck. You'll sit there in silence while the guy who writes the card hypes you up instead of you doing it yourself. You can hold that title beating nobodies forever, You can take the easy way out on your career and get a pay check and wave around that gold for all to see, but you will never be a real champion until you can prove you're a real leader.

He stopped to take a deep breath.

J2H: What you're looking at Peter is a real fucking leader, you're looking at someone who pulls people up with them, makes them work harder then anyone else ever has done in their careers. I drag people to levels they didn't know they had and Peter, I'm looking at you, I'm looking at a man who is at the top of his division and I'm thinking that you can't step up to the level that I'm on. There's a reason I'm the SCW World Heavyweight champion and you're nowhere even close to being up on my level.

He looked at the SCW World Heavyweight championship and smiled.

J2H: I know you're probably thinking this is your chance, this is your time where you could make a real name for yourself against someone as good as me, but that makes you no different that anyone else I've had to face in my career. I've had a target on my back for years because of who I am, because of people know how far ahead of them I am. I'm used to these people burning a hole in my back because they know if they beat me, they can go up a whole new level, but just like everyone else Peter, you will try and you will fail like they did. I've watched you up close, less then a week ago, I watched you very close and I wasn't impressed. Threw yourself around the ring, didn't impress me one little bit.

He shook his head firmly.

J2H: You're not coming up against an Alexander Raven here. You're coming up against the man who is going to beat Alexander Raven in a few weeks time and end the year as SCW World Heavyweight Champion. I'm ten times the wrestler he is and always will be so you have no chance in this Peter. You're there because they couldn't find me anyone else to go against. Clash of the champions is their go to thing when someone like me needs someone as a warm up match. You're not here on merit, you're not here because your very deceiving winning run, you're here because I need to face someone and they wanted it main event worthy. The only reason you are main event worthy is because you have a piece of gold that is built on beating nobody with any credit. Well, welcome to your moment in the spotlight Peter because you're about to see what a real challenge is here in SCW.

He laid his palms out flat in an inviting manner.

J2H: But this is going to be very eye opening for you, because you're about to see that the gulf between my belt and yours is too big for you to handle. You'll see that SCW isn't as easy as you think it might be because there's a big reason I am where I am and you are where you are. This is where you see that you're better off swimming with the minnows, rather then stepping up to the sharks. I know you didn't ask for this but you will learn from this that I am not here because of my reputation, I'm at the top because I work harder then each and every person in the fucking locker room to keep my spot at the top. I put myself through hell every fucking time I get in the ring, trying to make it a match of the year every damn time and people like you who cruise along on your countless world titles and your reputation are just not as good as they think they are. You're one of those people Peter.

J2H stood up from the rock he had been sitting on.

J2H: I've seen people like you brag about being a multi time World champion and not one of them has impressed me that much, telling me how many belts you've won also tells me how many belts you've lost. Doesn't mean a fucking thing to me, what means everything to me is my urge to stay on top, my urge to be the best all the time, the power that drives me and what's driving me Peter is the fact that I'm gonna snap your six straight singles match win streak. I've beaten you in a tag match with that fucking loser Goth, but now you're about to see how different I am when you look me in the eye one on one. This is not your redemption or getting something back for the fact that you was on the losing side against me. You're not getting to lucky number seven Peter, cause on Sunday, your record takes a turn for the worst, you go in to December 2 Dismember, stupid fucking name by the way, on a loss. There's no way around it, it's just how it's going to go for you.

He cracked his knuckles as a serious look on his face matched the serious feeling inside.

J2H: For the fans, seeing someone like you who is beating everyone one on one, go against a guy like me who is just unstoppable, it might be a dream match, but for me Peter, it's just another match, just another guy with a reputation and a win streak for me to have. You're just another guy who thinks they can use me to step up and show the world who you are when realistically, you're gonna be just another guy who falls at the feet of the greatest SCW World Heavyweight champion there's ever been and while I have this belt, you'll always be in my shadow. While I'm still here, you will never be thought of as anyone other then the guy who beats the jobbers. You will never work hard enough to be as good as I am because I'm J2H, I'm the fucking greatest champion that this place has ever seen, and you're Peter Vaughn, luckiest champion SCW has ever seen. Come Sunday, people will see that you're nothing at all.

He gritted his teeth as he pointed down the camera.

J2H: And that's real talk bitch!

J2H walked away as the camera settled on a shot of Phoenix before fading to black.
>