Author Topic: Let It Hurt  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Let It Hurt
« on: November 24, 2023, 09:53:01 PM »
Off-Camera

Friday, November 24, 2023
Master Bedroom
Home of Crystal Hilton
Hollywood Hills
Los Angeles, California
9:01 AM  PST

It had been a good Thanksgiving. This was a holiday that Seleana Zdunich discovered was a big thing upon coming to the United States and it had only gotten more important given its proximity to her wife’s birthday. Add in their daughter’s birthday not quite two weeks before and it was a busy time in the Zdunich Household.

Now, the day after was upon the place and Seleana had to just shake her head in shock that things had gone so well. Her wife, Christina “Crystal Hilton” had managed to make the trip for the second time in nine days. She had come in from New York City on the 14th for Aurora’s birthday making the little girl exceptionally happy. Now, she’d made it here for the 23rd and had not been alone. Both of her biological children, Brittany Williams and Brayden Hilton had arrived complete with their wives, Sofia “Coneja” Rojas Hilton and Haylie Jo “Halo” Annis. Brayden and Sofia had, of course, brought along their toddler daughter, Isabella.

It was Halo that had brought the surprise with her in the form of Seleana and Christina’s now ex, Alexandra “Diamond” Caldwell, which had also made Aurora exceptionally happy given that she still called her “Mommy” just like she did with Seleana and Christina and Diamond was doing her best to maintain a relationship with the thirteen-year-old.

Sofia’s sister, Ravenna “Cuervo” Rojas and her girlfriend, Brittany and Brayden’s cousin, Emily Williams, had also made an appearance.

Now, Christina had been up early to catch a flight to Peru for a show on Saturday. Ravenna and Emily had left Thursday to go over to Emily’s side of the family. Diamond had spent the night in a guest room and was still there playing a video game with Aurora. Sofia and Brayden had left with Isabella for their home. Brittany was downstairs with Diamond and Aurora while Halo was sitting in a chair opposite the bed where Seleana was currently sitting as well.

Seleana Zdunich: I wish to thank you, HayJo, for everything you have done. In two days’ time, you have done so much for the family, ja?

Halo leans forward and bows her head.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: I didn’t really do that much, Mama Sel. I just… managed to not scream at anybody is all.

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: First you make sure Alex is given care when she get piss drunk, then you bring her here and make sure she is included in family celebration. That is not nothing, HayJo. Blackout Wednesday is nothing to be happy about, especially in this family.

Halo nods knowingly.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Yeah, me and Mama Chrys kinda prove that, don’t we?

She shakes her head at herself.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Helluva family tradition, ain’t it?

Seleana raises a hand to try and slow her down and calm her.

Seleana Zdunich: You have put in work to overcome that. It has been years since you did anything like that.

Halo nods slowly, still visibly ashamed and disgusted with herself.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: I’m still sorry y’all caught me doin’ that shit here in y’all’s house.

Seleana Zdunich: That was years ago, ja? It is not who you are now. Be proud of how far you’ve come and who you are now. I am proud of you.

Halo allows herself a small smile.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Thanks, Mama Sel.

She glances back at the door.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: You think we gotta worry about Mama Alex and Mama Chrys now?

Seleana exhales heavily.

Seleana Zdunich: Alex looks to be a one-time thing. I think she learn nothing good come from that unless she enjoys having hangover. Christina…

She trails off, considering how much she should tell her daughter-in-law.

Seleana Zdunich: Is putting in work as well. She’s been in New York for football for the last few months’s time and Zenna went up to meet her. Got her to go to meetings again. 

Halo’s eyes go wide in shock.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Mama Chrys went to meetings?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Z say she flush cocaine and dump out vodka as well. That is good, ja?

Halo nods slowly, still surprised by what she’s hearing.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Assuming she didn’t run out and replace her stash, yeah, it is.

Seleana exhales heavily again.

Seleana Zdunich: I hope…  I was not here when Zenna had this problem herself. I was still in Christchurch. I do not know what all to do with…

She trails off again, both at a loss for the proper words and overcome at the thought of what would happen if the worst happened. Halo stands up and slips over next to her mother-in-law on the bed, patting the older woman’s hand.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Mama Sel, you’re doing the best you can do. You’ve been supportive yet protecting Aurora. What more can you do? You hold this family together and there are many who have no idea how you do it.

Seleana nods to Halo.

Seleana Zdunich: You do last night during dinner. Brittany, Brayden, Sofia just…

Halo shrugs.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Mama Sel, that was as much you as it was me, if not more. Ain’t nobody in this family wanna fight in front of you. B-Brat’s tryin’ to be better and even started goin’ over to Miss Zoey’s to learn how. Sofia…

She sighs just as Seleana had earlier.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: I don’t think Coneja really understood what all she was gettin’ into. I know Brayden didn’t. B-Brat’s still tryin’ to dig herself out of that hole she dug with the others and damn near everybody else out there with all the stupid shit she’s done in the last few years. Ain’t none of them the most patient fuckers on the planet and that tends to rub them all the wrong way.

Seleana nods understandingly.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, Brittany is her mother’s daughter and Brayden is his father’s son that way. Sofia…

She shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: I do not understand. She seem to try too hard to be a fit for the family.

Halo nods emphatically.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Ain’t that the truth!

She pauses and then smirks as she pivots the subject.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: So I hear somebody done called you old in SCW, that true?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, she did and talked about many things she knows nothing about. She say I hide behind Christina because Christina jumped on a tweet to respond.

Halo snickers.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Some people’s kids…

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: She make a hen out of a feather.

The special venom on the phrase strikes Halo.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: She’ll learn. They always do.

Seleana smiles.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, is the truth.

She stands and nods towards the door.

Seleana Zdunich: Let us go see how the games go, ja?

Halo stands to join her.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Sounds good to me.

The two head out the door and go downstairs to see how everybody else is doing.

On-Camera

Friday, November 24, 2023
Master Bedroom
Home of Crystal Hilton
Hollywood Hills
Los Angeles, California
6:15 PM  PST

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich standing in the bedroom next to the bed nodding slowly to the bed.

Seleana Zdunich: Sunday I meet Bella Madison with the winner facing Krystal Wolfe on the last show before the supercard. The winner of that match meets Julianna DiMaria for the World Bombshell Championship at the supercard.

She almost laughs to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: I do not know why Julianna cannot seem to keep my name out of her mouth like she is attempting to swallow something else but she cannot.

She nods pointedly into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: I do not understand why you focus on things you say you do not believe will happen as much as you do. If you do not believe you will face me, then why talk about me at all?

She shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: Why give me that much attention dn expend your time, energy and effort to speak of someone that is supposed to be unworthy of such things?

Seleana shakes her head in disgust.

Seleana Zdunich: Din jävla idiot! Göra en höna av en fjäder.

She looks away and glares at the far wall.

Seleana Zdunich: Du har skit i det blå skåpet!

Looking back into the camera, the anger has not left her eyes.

Seleana Zdunich: I know you expect Bella to win this match, or so you will say and you will laugh if she does and say it is more proof that I am what you say I am.

She points into the camera accusingly.

Seleana Zdunich: You have no idea what you are talking about the same way you said my wife is still fixated on somebody we have had no contact with in a long time.

She shakes her head, her hand falling back out of the shot.

Seleana Zdunich: That is what you fear, Julianna. That no one will target you despite you being the champion.

She pauses.

Seleana Zdunich: Is that why you mention me? Because the times I have been a champion, many wanted to take their shot at me and end that status? 

She spreads her arms out wide.

Seleana Zdunich: Now the company had to set up a mini-tournament just to get somebody to pay you attention?

She simply shrugs slightly, looking like she can’t decide if she should want to spit in disgust or feel pity for the champion.

Seleana Zdunich: I am sorry that you are not the likes of Alicia Lukas or Roxi Johnson or Kayla Richards or Sam Marlowe. I am sorry you are not my wife or me as we all seem to draw crosshairs with no trouble at all.

She nods slowly, knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: It hurts, ja?

A small almost playful smirk comes to Seleana’s face.

Seleana Zdunich: It hurts that to get Krystal, Bella, I or almost anyone else to say your name, they had to make you the prize we compete for because you could not do it yourself. 

She nods, the smirk fading away as she does so.

Seleana Zdunich: Bra, låt det göra ont.

Pausing, Seleana looks mockingly into the camera’s lens.

Seleana Zdunich: What? You do not understand?

She shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: I am sorry you are too lazy and too stupid to get it translated so I will help.

Seleans grits her teeth.

Seleana Zdunich: Let. It. Hurt.

She moves as the camera zooms in to frame her face.

Seleana Zdunich: Bella and I will fight as we were directed to. Tempe, Arizona will see us fight because it is our job and because it is what we do.

She shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: But it is not for you.

Her slowly tilts slightly to the right.

Seleana Zdunich: If you did not hold that championship, people would care even less about you than we already do. We fight for the opportunity to hold that. You just happen to be the one standing in the winner’s way. Whether it ends up being me, Bella or Krystal, we will be fighting to make that championship mean what it always has. We will be fighting to restore the dignity and the honor of that championship and what it meant to everyone else who has ever held it for you and that you besmirch and piss on just by existing.

Seleana glares angrily into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: You do not approve?

She shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: Let it hurt.