Author Topic: "Those who rise up"  (Read 313 times)

Offline Ryan Keys

• View Profile
    • Ryan Keys
"Those who rise up"
« on: August 04, 2017, 11:19:10 PM »
 Backstage
William Peccole Park Stadium Arena
Reno, Nevada
30th July 2017
[off camera]

Ryan sits backstage in the bustling William Peccole Park Stadium Arena, casually checking his phone. He’d initially had no real intention of visiting Reno, as he hadn’t been booked for Climax Control this week, but he quickly found himself bored back in his Vegas loft, and decided to make the effort to see the show. He waits as he sweeps through Twitter, looking up every so often to see if the person he was anticipating had come through already. It seems as though they hadn’t. With a resigned sigh, Ryan closes the social media site, there was enough bullshit on there for one night. It doesn’t take long from there for Ryan to get called up

“You’re booth is ready, Keys. You got an hour.” A stage handler says.

Ryan gives him his thanks and stands up from where he’s sitting. The crowd around the arena goes crazy for the after show wrap up. Usually he would be out there entertaining the crowd, but this time he chooses to stay back and connect with the fans in another way. He walks over to his small booth posted over by the side, along with a few bombshells that weren’t featured on the card this week. With the excitement building up over the people waiting in line, Ryan smiles as his line had his theme song playing in the background.

“Alright guys, I’m not allowed to sign anything illegal, but like I said my video, I’ll sign the weirdest thing you can bring to me.”

His face brightens up as the line draws closer with people already handing him items. Mostly it’s merchandise from SCW and asking for photos.Nothing weird or anything he hasn’t seen before has been offered. He chuckles at a few old photos of him, especially the uncensored picture of his wet boxers contest, it was a popular one tonight as he’s signed eighteen already. A fan with something interesting came up next.

“Oh my God, I’m gonna cry. It’s, I’m so embarrassed, but can you sign this please.” The overwhelmed fan says as she hands Ryan a body pillow with his image. His eyes go wide as he can’t help but chuckle.

His blue eyes look at the semi nude image as he starts to sign over the underwear of the image. “Wow, cool, so far you’re winning on the weirdest things I've signed. This isn’t a bad idea actually, I should get on making these. Hope you enjoyed a show.” He stands up momentarily to pose for a picture with the fan before he has to let her go. “Listen up, now that’s what I’m talking about. It’s been weak on the weirdness until that. Gimme your best shot.”

That causes a change, more and more people have come up with even weirder things for him to sign. Since it was still Nevada, he could leave it to his home state fans to give him more X- rated items for him to sign, which with much thought, Keys only signed a couple. His connecting with the fans a lot more as more laughs come from his booth. He’s signed pictures, posters, cell phone cases, a weird fanfiction with him and kris, and even a prosthetic leg. It’s all been a blast for him and the fans.

One hour and a half later....

From his left, another stagehand gave him a heads up on his time limit as he’s been there well over an hour signing items for the endless crowd. It didn’t seem like it has thinned since he started, but a rope was placed behind the last person he’d be attending.

“Okay guys, that was my five minute warning. I’m sorry if I didn’t get to you. If you’re one of my subscribers on my stream, be sure to send me a message while I’m life. I’ll give you a shout out there. Thank you for coming,”

As he sighs and sits down, the next few people come up with normal items for him to sign. Though Ryan couldn’t help but give him his thanks and appreciation for coming as one by one was attended. The last one comes up and holds up two well designed replicas of the SCW Roulette Title and the SCW Internet title. As they’re placed in front of him, Ryan raises a brow before asking what to do with them.

“Okay.. not weird, but I do have to ask why’d you bring these to me. These looks amazing by the way.”He grunts as he holds up the SCW Roulette title first, feeling it weight. “It’s actually as heavy as the real one. Okay, where should I sign?”

He asks the fan with a side smile as the man points over at the name plates. “I want you to sign your name on them. I’ve followed you since you started and you couldn’t believe how stoked I was when you won it for the first time. I’d be happy to have yo sign it.”

Ryan nods in acceptance as he carefully signs his name perfectly so it doesn't smudge or look odd. “You know I’m not the roulette champion, but there's always hope for next time.” He says while finishing and handing the belt back, though he’s still curious.”And the Internet title?”

“Oh, I read a few blog posts on a wrestling site that you were gonna possible be given a run for it. This is just for good luck.” The fan smiles at him while taking pictures of Ryan signing.

The Vegas native is a bit moved, though he couldn’t help but chuckle. “Well, this hasn’t been the weirdest thing I've signed today. That honor goes to the guy that made me sign his glass eye, but I’d be happy to sign.” He says knowing deep down that the higher ups have mentioned to him of a possible chance for an involvement with the internet title. Holding that belt, though a replica, it fuels Ryan with a bit of determination as he signs it. “Keep your eyes peeled man, i might be holding the real one soon.”

As he stand up to hold the title over his shoulder, Ryan poses with both belts with the fan for a few pictures before the stagehand calls for him once again. With his booth now closed, Keys walks backstage once more while fishing for his phone. On an extensive email chain, the next show schedule is distributed with Ryan’s name posted under a fatal fourway match in Stateline, Nevada.  

An amused smile plays on his lips while nodding his head. “Well lucky me.”He laughs to himself as Ryan walks off screen, already planning for his upcoming match.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For years, the wrestling world has witnessed greatness, brilliance and countless hours of physical advancements. SCW has graced the wrestling business with nothing but the absolute best there is.. .. .. and then we have Ryan.

"It can win the internet?"

[Ryan’s live stream]
August 1st, 2017
Ryan's Apartment (Daytime, living room)
On Camera and live

“Hello everybody and welcome to the Keys of games, today we’re gonna be discussing a little bit about what’s happened in the past few weeks up until now. You’re gonna have to excuse me if I have to cut today's gaming video short, it is August first, which means that it’s my birthday. I can already see the chat going crazy on the left corner here, thanks a lot for the birthday wishes. This year i’m just gonna kick it at home and have something quiet. But anyway, that is not why we’re here today. While you guys are watching whatever game I put on the background, I think it was Fortnite, great game by the way. I've dedicated hours to it already. But, we’re here to talk about the Internet title.”

“If you're a fan of me you know that I’ve not been a hundred percent on the Internet title run, I've always been pushed towards the Roulette title for whatever reason. It’s a great title, a lot of fun to compete for and way harder to defend, but all in al it’s a good belt. I’ve only been moments away from claiming it again for the third time,which i’m still hoping it happens. But management has decided to give the Internet title some new faces since it’s been vacant by J2H. It’s gonna be Steve Ramone, Eyesnsane, James Tuscini and myself competing for it on a fatal fourway. And I don’t know what to think of it. I’m not gonna say no to the chance, and I’m gonna fight for it like hell, but there are some strong guys, and Steve, fighting for this. Funny thing is, we’ve all been on the losing side for a while.”

“Eyesnsane has bit the dirt a few times, now that he’s on a team it doesn’t mean he’s gotten any stronger himself. I’m not gonna pick on the guy for being a tag competitor going inside the six sided ring with some of the best singles competitors, but I am gonna say that he’ll need a lot more stamina to be able to catch up. There’s no one for him to tag, no one to watch his back. He’s now part of the Bad Boys, which means that I’m not gonna trust him, no matter what. From what I’ve seen of him,and what he can do, It’s obvious why he’s in the match. But that doesn't mean he’s coming out of it with the title. Not while I have something to do with it.  This is a vacant title, waiting for someone to put his name on it. It’s eliminate or be eliminated. Eyesnsane… the internet is not for you. It’s gonna eat you alive and spit you out. Kinda like James did in the battle Royal last week. You were in there and the ‘whoosh’, gone. But on the bright side, you can tell Matt Spears that I said hey. It’s been awhile since I’ve beat him in the ring.”

“And speaking of beating, Steve Ramone is in the match. Can you believe it? I can’t. From all the talent that has come up, all the possible names that Christian could have pulled, he had to pick Steve. A man whose popularity is threatened by his own companion, I would be less Surprised if Kaylee would have been in the ring instead of Steve, but regulations and what not get in the way. But seriously, Steve has tried everything. He’s gone for the Roulette title, and failed. He’s gone for the World Championship, and failed. Now he’s going for the internet title, and guess what? He’s gonna fail. Ramone is running out of title to go for and running out of time in the ring. Don’t worry. Steve has my vote to be the next inductee in the SCW hall of fame. Because with enough losses under his belt he’s slowly gonna realize that he’s outdated. And much like the internet explorer browser, the people are gonna choose a more reliable source than something old fashioned.”

“When I say old fashioned I might be talking about the next guy. James Freaking Tuscini… I say his name like that because every single time I talk to him he has to dangle that win/loss streak bullshit at my face. And like everyone who sees him dangle something, I’m not impressed. It doesn’t matter how many times he’s beaten me, that’s his only argument ever. But the way I see it, he’s been here way longer than I have. So why is it that we’re tied for the next man to become the third time holder of the Roulette title? It’s time to face it. I’ve been in SCW for one year and I’ve achieved half the glory James has gotten in his years here. To a gambling man I’d place my bets on myself that one day I’ll over shadow James Tuscini. He can laugh it up now and mock me for my shortcomings against him. But there is no doubt in my mind that the moment I beat him, James will have nothing over me. He can have all those win streaks against me. But when he falls, he’s gonna fall hard. I’ll make sure of that.”

“Things are changing in SCW once again. And it’s time for me to shine. This Sunday, when that moment comes and it’s time for us to fight, our careers will be tested. Those who fall will be forgotten… and that one who will rise up, will be remembered forever. But the end of that night, people will know the name, Ryan Keys.”
user posted image[/center …]