Author Topic: Happy returns?  (Read 402 times)

Offline Ben Jordan

• View Profile
Happy returns?
« on: December 11, 2013, 11:48:37 AM »
 A Christmas tree, covered in decorations is how we start today's work. Bright lights beam brightly through green branches, glittering off the hanging tinsel, dropping down in various place. Ben Jordan sits in front of it on a sofa, the usual happy, cheery face, replaced with a miserable scowl, his eyes narrowed as he stares at the blinking lights, above a pile of presents.

Ben: Bah humbug.

This is not the usual behavior of a man once touted to be the brightest prospect in wrestling after capturing the 2013 Super J Cup and three ACW titles within eighteen months.

Ben holds his hand up.

Ben: Before you people think I'm pissed at Christmas, I'm not. I love Christmas, with all the happy little elves and fat blokes with white beards and red suits. Pissed at something else.

You'd think Ben would be excited, on Sunday, he steps in to an SCW ring again, the first time feeling like a legit SCW superstar for a change. His past experiences inside an SCW ring, has been limited to a few promos, and a match teaming with friend and fellow Englishman, Simon Jones. After a legit signing a few weeks ago, thanks to the call from Jordan Williams, excitement has been building through SCW. Many former ACW alumni still rattle the halls of SCW, the aforementioned Simon Jones, Drake Green, JJ Dixon, Vixen, Jade Menendez-Arcador, Casey Williams, Jeremiah Hardin, Cyrus King, Steve Ramone and of course, Ben's darling Emma Rose still walk the halls of SCW. Even Mickey Carroll stumbles the halls after a few beers, but these are the people that know what Ben can do. Even Twitter is abuzz of the return of the Cockney King. The FoShon Dojo have exclaimed their excitement of the return and tag team debut of Team Jordan.

Ben once again holds up his hand.

Ben: We haven't decided on that as a name, but meh, fitting. Carry on narrator fella.

Thank you Ben. Also latest SCW show host, direct from the commentary table from ACW, Kenny Chisholm, has begged the question, why isn't Ben Jordan on television more? There's no doubt about it, the buzz is there for the return. The stakes are higher, and so is the expectation, thanks to the man standing side by side with Ben, the legend that is Jordan Williams. The fans have already said these two as a team will be beyond special to watch, old school legend, with new school energy, it can't miss. Well, it can if this guy don't cheer up and focus more on the match.

Ben: Shut yer face narrator.

Emma Rose walks behind Ben, looking confused. Emma brushes the hair from her cheek.

Emma: Who are you talking to?

Ben jumps, turning around in his seat and looking at Emma.

Ben: Nearly gave me a heart attack.

I would have told you she was there if you wasn't so mean

Ben turns away from Emma.

Ben: I told you, shut ya mush, alright?

Emma looks confused as she rests a hand on Ben's shoulder.

Emma: I don't like this Ben. You've been weird since December 2 Dismember II. What's going on?

Ben's eyes narrow.

Ben: Darling, if I get in to it, I'm gonna rant like a good un! It's not worth the hassle, think too much of you to put this one on you or take it out on you.

Emma: Ben, it's what couple do. They share their problems.

Ben takes a deep breath, and looks at Emma.

Ben: Ok, lets open that can of worms.

Emma walks around the sofa, sitting next to Ben and resting her red head on Ben's shoulder. Her eyes softly look up at him.

Ben: You see headlights, it's like this.

Emma hits Ben with an open hand, on to his chest, as Ben calls her headlights. She keeps her hand in place, looking up at Ben, waiting for his answer.

Ben: Let's start with NXT, shall we? The New XTremes.

Ben bites his lower lip.

Ben: A couple of weeks ago, NXT called a little meeting, you saw that right?

Emma: I did.

Ben: Well everyone thought I was busy, waiting for Jordan to announce him, so I wasn't even involved in that. It's bollocks sweets, everyone got the call, but me. I guess they forgot I am or was even part of NXT. Let's forget the fact I was brought in to add a little championship credibility and a fresh new look, no, they pretty much replace me, with Giani Di Luca, and didn't even have the bollocks to tell me.

Emma rubs Ben's shoulder, her eyes soft and with sympathy.

Emma: It could have been a mistake.

Ben: I thought the same, things go missing, but not one of them asked where I was, so bollocks to that, forget about it, move on, and then December 2 Dismember II came around and Spike made his little speech in the ring about past NXT members, brought out Misty as a returning member, I guess I wasn't allowed to vote on that one either.

Ben's jaw tightens, as he speaks through his teeth.

Ben: I wasn't even mentioned as a past damn member! Spike sits there, telling me when I joined that he was gonna make me an SCW heavyweight champ, and then Giani comes back, sticks his tongue up Spike's arse and all of a sudden, it's Ben who? It all turns in to Giani, Giani, Giani, shove Giani down everyone's throats. Go from changing the group from young and fresh, by bringing in me and Mickey, and revert back to the old by bringing back Giani and Misty! It's bollocks babe.

Emma puts her arm around Ben's shoulder as he sighs deeply.

Emma: Maybe you should speak to Spike about it.

Emma ruffles Ben's hair, but Ben shakes his head.

Ben: You know what sweets, fuck Spike and fuck NXT. He failed to live up to promises and expectations, I'm better off without him and NXT around. Let him focus on Giani and figure out how to keep his current bird and his ex bird from stabbing each other in the back and ruining NXT from the inside out.

Emma: Benny bear, you need to relax, you need to focus on your match and all the good in SCW. ACW is sort of back, you're proud of ACW.

Ben: Fuck ACW too.

Emma sits back, her eyes wide and her mouth open with shock.

Emma: Ben!

Her voice riddled with shock as she looks at Ben, slowly shaking her head.

Emma: You owe ACW a lot. Championships and if it wasn't for ACW, we....

Ben puts his hand on Emma's cheek, stopping her words.

Ben: I'm thankful for ACW for you, and right now, only you. The rest of it can go do one.

Emma shakes her head again at Ben.

Emma: How can you say that?

Ben: I open my mouth and the words just fall out.

Emma: Why are you so angry?

Ben: Because J.J took back the ACW name.

Emma: That's a good thing though.

Ben: Then gave away my World championship....

Emma closes her eyes, breathing deeply. She slowly opens her eyes, her hand resting on Ben's cheek.

Emma: I thought you didn't really care about titles.

Ben: I don't, I care a lot more about respect. Without me, there wouldn't have been a huge rise in ACW. I was the go to guy. When J.J wanted some solid ACW representation, he came to me to go for the J Cup, I did him proud. I lost two matches in the entire time ACW was open, one of them to Drake Green, but does that mean he can just give my World championship to Drake Green? I won everything he put in front of me, hell, I worked for free for that company, and he kicks me in the teeth here by just giving away my title belt.

The disappointment covers Ben's face.

Ben: He dropped a bollock here. He could have brought out the whole old ACW roster, and proved that ACW is the heartbeat of SCW and always has been, but he never. He just up and gave away everything I worked for. Fans forgive him for his bollocks, but I can for just taking everything I worked so hard for, and just gave it away. Drake's a friend, even he must have known this would kick me right in the teeth. If J.J and Drake are building up an army, to go against SCW, they've lost a solider in me, cause I'm SCW, and J.J Dixon just pissed on my triple crown legacy. So along with saying fuck NXT, I'm saying fuck ACW too.

Emma: Then focus on SCW. Don't get involved in the little rivalry, don't worry about NXT. Focus on making a name for yourself in SCW. You're teaming with Jordan Williams!

Ben: Fan girl moment?

Emma smiles and nods enthusiastically.

Emma: Well duh! Jordan is a legend! And you get to team with him all the time!

Ben: Well in six weeks or so when you get back in the ring, maybe we can talk to the guys at the top and book a match with all of us in.

Emma's eyes widen as she hugs Ben

Emma: That would be so good.

Ben: And I hope you come and join us at ringside for our matches too sweetheart.

Emma: The eye candy, eh?

Ben: Nah, that's me.

Emma playfully hits Ben in the arm, as the Cockney smiles at Emma.

Ben: I kid, you make way better eye candy than me sweets, you got a couple more things to offer.

Ben looks directly at Emma's chest, but Emma puts her finger under Ben's chin and lifts his face up to look in her eyes.

Emma: My eyes are up here.

Ben: Yeah, but I was looking at your tits.

Emma smiles as Ben smiles back at the New Zealand beauty.

Ben: Thanks sweets.

Emma: For what?

Ben: Well not slapping me when I was looking at ya bangers.

Emma rolls her eyes at Ben.

Ben: But mostly for being here and getting me talking about that. Usually, it would just build up and I'll go nutty a few days later.

Emma: It's just what I do.

Emma leans in, kissing Ben on the lips as the camera fades.

We all gotta start somewhere. It wasn't a million years ago, Ben stood in the middle of a gym staring at a wrestling ring, wondering how to get started. A couple of years on, things have moves on, the wrestling business moved on, entrances have got flashier, moves have got the "Oh my god" factor, and that's pretty much from locking up. An experienced teacher is what people need to start their way in the wrestling game, no a two to three year pro, such as Ben. Thankfully, we're not standing in the wrestling school of Ben Jordan, we're standing in the wrestling school of highly decorated pro, Casey Williams.

Ben Jordan and the legendary Jordan Williams stand inside the wrestling school of Casey Williams, looking at the ring set up, where two grapplers are going at it. Ben turns to Jordan, who slowly shakes his head.

Jordan: That guy has it.

Jordan points at the guy on the canvas.

Jordan: That guy don't.

He points to the man standing over his opponent.

Ben: And you pick that up from watching thirty seconds of action?

Jordan: Thirty seconds? Damn, I must be getting slow.

Ben: Geezer, can't believe ya picking up on it that quickly.

Jordan: Been there, done that.

Ben: Not bought, but designed the T-shirt.

Jordan smiles.

Jordan: Something like that.

Casey Williams approaches the two, reaching out his hand, shaking Jordan's first, then Ben's.

Casey: Glad you guys can make it.

Ben: Well you're paying me, so I might as well show up for work every now and again.

Casey: Yeah, paying you what you're worth.

Ben: If you was doing that, you'll give me a pay rise son, cause I'm priceless.

Casey: You've been hanging with this guy too much already.

Casey points a thumb towards Jordan, but Jordan is lost in the match in the ring.

Jordan: Who's that guy?

Jordan points a finger at the guy who was previously on the floor, but is now up and on the attack, pushing his opponents back against the ropes.

Casey: That is Andrew Garcia. Former gang member, trying to turn pro in wrestling. Unique guy, never likes a spot called on him, he just does it.

The trio watch as Andrew Garcia bounces his opponent off the ropes catching him with a release northern lights suplex, sending his opponent flying across the ring.

Jordan: He's got it.

Casey and Ben look at Jordan, still engrossed in the match.

Casey: That's the guy you'll be working with today.

Ben: Right, let me just do me little promo, get that out the way, then we'll work with Andy Pandy over there, and Bob's your uncle, Fanny's ya aunt.

Casey looks at Ben weirdly, but Ben clicks his fingers and the whole scene around him freezes.

Ben: Never get bored of doing that.

Ben smiles.

Ben: Hello people, hope ya having a blinding day, Ben Jordan here to do a little bit of talking that will hopefully make you people tune in to Climax Control, and watch me and this bloke here, return to the ring.

Ben points at Jordan, frozen in position.

Ben: I know I should be a little worried at Climax Control, thanks to the threat of grease ball Jimmy, but I'm really not, that greasy monkey doesn't worry me one little bit, smacked him in the chops once, will smack him in the chops again, no big deal to me. So I've decided that I'll be focusing my attention on my opponents, The Surf Boys.

Ben can't help but smile.

Ben: I love those guys, they never fail to make me crack up laughing and this show is all for a good cause. Toys For Tots, bring a present, get in for free, it's a good cause and I know this is gonna be a blinding match. Narly, Radical, I for one and glad SCW decided to book you fellas, because I know SCW needs more Surf Boy action, SCW need to see these guys more often. I mean how good would it be to someday see these geezers as SCW tag team champions? Be absolutely blinding, but lads, we're after the same thing. See we didn't come back for shit and giggles, teaming with Jordan, the man hungers for gold, because he's good enough to have it, and well, I've gone through the wrestling business winning gold all over the shop. I'm now an SCW guy, and I want SCW gold, and this is the first step to getting noticed and taking it.

Ben tilts his head to look at the camera.

Ben: Yep, SCW guy, you heard that right. That makes me wanna move through the SCW ranks and we all gotta start somewhere, Sunday, we start, Sunday, we take those steps, Sunday, Jordan Williams and I will have our first victory under our belts.

Ben smiles confidently

Ben: Surf Boys, love you to bits, but sorry fellas, we got expectations on our shoulders, and we're gonna rise to them. Annnnnnnnnnnyway, I clearly got some work to do, so catch you love people later.

Ben winks at the camera and clicks his fingers. The scene starts moving again.

Ben: To work gentlemen.

Ben taps Jordan and Casey on the back and walks past them as the scene fades out.
>

Cockney King.
SCW World Heavyweight Champion
SCW Internet Champion
SCW Roulette Champion
SCW Tag Team Champion (3x)
SCU Underground champion
ACW's only Triple Crown Champion.
Super J Cup Winner 2013.
Twitter: @CockneyKingBen