Author Topic: “Back to Square One for the holidays.”  (Read 280 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“Back to Square One for the holidays.”
« on: December 02, 2016, 10:14:20 PM »
 Despite her best efforts Jessie ultimately fell short in her quest to end 2016 as World Bombshell Champion and Grand Slam Champion and whilst there was an excellent chance that she would get another shot in the near future especially with the annual Blast from the Past Tournament being just a couple of months away and whilst she has drawn some criticism from her co-workers and one half of the SCW Co-Owners Christian Underwood who finally snapped at the same event Jessie was determined to fight her way to the top and she wouldn’t have to wait long to get her first opportunity.

There were only three Climax Controls left in the year and the first one was this Sunday and among the matches was a rematch between Jessie and Melody Grace, the two women previously fought during Jessie’s brief Internet Championship reign twice in single’s competition where both matches ended under dubious circumstances, first time marked the return of Amy Marshall to SCW and the second time was when Mark announced that their match was non-title right after Melody had already won the match, Melody would ultimately win the title in a tag team match with Natalie McKinley against the Metal and Punk Connection before losing the belt a few months later to current Bombshell Internet Champion Kate Steele but now with no title on the line and their pride at stake will the results be any different?

Jessie’s old wrestling school, Miami, Florida
Friday the 2nd of December 2016, 11:00am

God, it’s been so long since I’ve been in this building.

As I mentioned last week on Twitter (even if it did get buried under Christian’s hissy fit) I had been invited by my old trainers, Sonya and Ramon Chavez, to give a seminar at my old school in Miami and help train some of the students for the day, at first I was a little reluctant to say the least, yeah I’m an eight-year veteran and yeah, I’ve improved a lot over the years but what the hell can I teach? My wrestling style is high flying, as anyone who’s seen my matches can tell you, and Sonya and Ramon try to emphasize a more technical wrestling style above all the others.

I pretty much took to high flying because I sucked at the technical side of things, like I said, I’ve improved a lot since then but at the time? The only way I could put on a decent showing in that style was if someone who was either a lot more experienced than me walked me through it or if I somehow worked in my high flying, it didn’t work well most of the time is what I’m saying.

Ultimately it was Jake that convinced me to make the trip up to Florida by saying that even after failing to win the World Bombshell Championship twice I was still one of the wrestling school’s success stories and it was worth it for the trip down memory lane so here we are at the place where my dreams of wrestling superstardom began, not much has changed about the school, the ring looks a little bigger from what I remember but they still had the basic essentials for teaching hopefuls the art of wrestling.

But make no mistake, this will be my last trip down memory lane for a long time.

Why you ask? Looking back on my promos for the Chamber of Fate match at Summer XXXTreme and the match against Crystal Millar at High Stakes VI two weeks ago I realized that I was too focused on the past and not focused enough on my future, at Summer XXXTreme I was focused on making my Cinderella story came true but that caused me to become overconfident which left me open to Sam’s submission finisher, same can be said for my one on one shot against Crystal really, after I failed to get the win with the Wall of Death I threw everything I had at her and it didn’t work, if it did I’d have fulfilled my desire to not end the year the same way I did last year and technically, I will, after all, Crystal didn’t hurt me enough to send me to the hospital when she beat me!

What I’m basically getting at is two things, this time I’m not asking anyone for another shot at the World Bombshell Championship, if certain morons think that I should be fighting for my chances then fine, I’ll show them just how vicious I can be starting with Melody this Sunday and my main goal is carving out a favorable future for me in this business, I don’t care if I must win this year’s Blast from the Past Tournament because if that’s what it takes then you may as well sign me up now, after all it’s pretty much been my yearly tradition!

Watch out Melody, you’re not facing the same Bombshell you did during the Japanese tour!

“Hey! Hey! Jason, what did I tell you about the footwork!?” Ramon shouted at one of the trainees, a young guy who looked like he was my age when I joined the school, as he went through the drills, Ramon has aged quite a bit since I last saw him in person, for one thing he had brown hair, wasn’t balding and considering his age he was in good shape, now? Most of his hair is gone, the remaining hair is grey and he’s developed a bit of a beer gut. “Right foot first, if you can’t get that right then you just wasted your money on the entrance fee because your untrainable!”

“Sorry coach!” Jason apologized and went back to the drills, yep, just as brutally honest as I remember him, I walked up to the ring right next to Ramon and made a “shhh” motion with my finger when one of the other trainees spotted me.

“Good work Nick, see Jason? You could learn a thing or two from him!” Ramon said as he pointed to the trainee who went before the guy who just had a go. “Nick, Jason, pair up together in the other ring and work on your submissions, rest of you, continue as normal!” Ramon called out to them and the two men nodded before going over to a separate ring.

“I don’t remember there being more than one ring here.” I commented as I glanced up at Ramon and he turned to me only to do an immediate double take. “Been a long-time Ramon!”

“It certainly has!” Ramon said with a broad grin before turning away from me for a second. “Hey Sonya, Jessie’s here!”

“Great!” A familiar female voice rang out before Sonya walked over from the ring where Nick and Jason where doing their practice match, like Ramon she’s exactly how I remember her but she’s aged a bit though more gracefully than Ramon, she still had shoulder length black hair and she was still stunning, hell if I can be honest it was whilst I was training with her that I discovered my bi-sexuality, yeah, I know that’s weird but still, what’s even weirder is the fact that she and Ramon are husband and wife and met back when they were active wrestlers. “We saw your match against Crystal.” Sonya said as she sat down on the ring apron. “You did great out there!”

“Thanks, would’ve preferred walking out as champ and despite what some morons think I was still close to winning.” I responded and Ramon chuckled knowing exactly who I was talking about. “And I see that your still as tough on the students as ever.”

“Hey, I’m not going to do what that moron Bill DeMott did when he was training but it’s like I said when you originally signed up, if you’re not tough on the trainees then there’s no way in hell that they’ll be ready for the rigors of the wrestling business.” Ramon responded before shaking his head. “And to think, I almost turned you down because I thought you’d snap like a twig within seconds of your first real match!”

“To be fair, I did closely resemble a twig as far as my build at the time goes.” I joked getting a laugh out of my two trainers as Jake and Shane walked up. “And I bet you remember Jake.”

“Do I ever? I remember being disappointed that the 6ft 10, 250ibs monster of an ex-army guy walked into my school and told me that he wasn’t there to train but to try to talk one of my best students into quitting!” Ramon joked as he turned to Jake who grinned at that memory. “How’s life treating you Jake?”

“Could be worse, though I think your trainees want your attention right now.” Jake shrugged before pointing to the remaining trainees who were standing around awkwardly.

“You know what? You guys take five.” Ramon said as he turned to the ring getting confused looks from the trainees. “I know it’s not often I say that but remember the seminar/training session with Jessie Salco? Well if you don’t recognize the petite metalhead to my right then you obviously don’t watch SCW! We have to get things set up for her seminar and trust me, she’s been training with Amy Marshall and the Angel Clan, if you think I’m tough then you haven’t seen nothing!” Ramon said and the trainees quickly evacuated the ring. “So, is it too late to take you up on the offer?”

“Thanks but no thanks, I already have two matches under my belt and one of them was as a guest ref in a Bombshell Match.” Jake responded before nodding to Shane. “And I’m sure Jessie’s told you about Shane, he almost became a wrestler himself!”

“She didn’t mention that.” Ramon responded as he turned to Shane. “So what stopped you?”

“Long story short, I got injured whilst training.” Shane responded and the trainers winced in response. “If nothing else my trainer was generous enough to pay for my hospital bills but I injured my leg so badly that it pretty much shattered my hopes of making it in the wrestling business, so instead I ended up marrying Jessie.”

“Well, at least one good thing came out of it, two good things if you guys ever try for a baby.” Ramon responded with a chuckle and we grinned nervously. “Yeah, I know, you want to achieve everything you can in the business Jess and, well if you don’t get another shot before the year’s over you’ll just have to make 2017 the year of Jessie Salco.”

“Considering that there’s a civil war brewing between the bosses and my requested title match may have been the catalyst for it I think the only way I’ll get a shot is if I earn it the old-fashioned way.” I responded before glancing down at the duffle bag which had my ring gear. “If there’s nothing else I’m going to get changed for the seminar, since when did you have two rings anyway?”

“Year after you graduated the school was brought by a local indie fed and the budget for it went up.” Ramon responded with a proud grin on his face. “You may remember it, the one fed that gave you a chance when all the others turned you down?”

“Oh yeah, that place is still going?” I asked and they nodded. “Anyway I’m off to get changed, I’m guessing that the changing room locations haven’t changed?” I asked and they nodded before I walked off toward where I remembered them being whilst the boys stayed behind to give me privacy, however before I entered the area I leaned against the wall and got ready to do my promo.

“This place holds a lot of memories for me, some bad but most of them good but I bet a lot of wrestlers can say the same thing about the school they originally trained at.” I commented with a shrug as I glanced around the hallway. “But I’m done with the trips down memory lane as motivation for my matches, yeah, it’s great to see how far I’ve come since then but I’ve come to realize that I need to focus on my future, kinda ironic that the first Bombshell I face with this new outlook is a face from my past, Melody Grace!”

I said before scoffing.

“I can’t help but find it hypocritical that Melody has been one of my most vocal critics since High Stakes VI, yeah I didn’t earn the World Bombshell Title shot but how many former champions actually earned their shots? No offence to Amu but she got her shot through a damn lottery and she went on to finally dethrone Delia Darling, hell I gave you the original shot at the Bombshell Internet Championship at the Climax Control following Blaze of Glory because you got the pin on Mercedes but far as I see it Melody that’s the only shot you earned but just because I asked Mark politely for a shot at the title means I’m sleeping with him? That’s not just a leap in logic, it’s a fucking long jump!”

There I said it.

“First off, when I asked Mark for the shot he wasn’t even in the country and I had to ask him over Skype whilst bikini babes drooled over him and he gave me the shot based on everything I’ve done since the Chamber of Fate match and going back even farther than that I was given a Chamber of Fate qualifying match for my hard work over the years and even then, I still had to earn it, so just because I went and asked for a shot means I didn’t deserve it? If we’re using that logic the number of former champions in any of the divisions would be significantly smaller but I’m the one that gets lambasted for it? I’m the one that gets a #FireJessieSalco campaign on Twitter for being, and I quote, “a whiny bitch” by Jenny fucking Tuck?!”

Oh, that is just pure comedy gold.

“First Jenny, kettle called and he wants to tell you that you’re a washed up never-been who happens to be black! Sure, I can whine sometimes but since when has that been a justified cause for firing? If that was the case, the Mean Girls would’ve been fired after one loss and the Bombshell division would be a lot better for it but that’s a rant for another day! And hell, you had your problems with little Ms. Keyboard Warrior so I’m hardly alone in that but more importantly Melody I’m going to show you exactly how I earned that shot when I kick your ass!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Melody, you had one long title shot and you suddenly think your queen of the Bombshells? Well I’m here to dethrone you faster than you can say “oh shit, I messed with the wrong metalhead” but by then, it’ll be too late! The new year is just around the corner and it’s around this time that people start making New Year’s Resolutions, here’s mine for 2017, I’m fighting my way to the top of the Bombshell division and Melody is just an annoying stepping stone towards me being one of the very few people who stick to their resolutions, this is the “Heavy Metal Bombshell” Jessie Salco signing off, see you in the ring Mel!”

With that I went of to the changing room as the scene fades.