Author Topic: “All I Want For Christmas is Anything But This Match!”  (Read 918 times)

Offline Ariana Angelos

• View Profile
“All I Want For Christmas is Anything But This Match!”
« on: December 05, 2022, 09:21:43 AM »
If there was any saving grace for Ari as the year was winding down, it was the fact that her title defence against Jessie would prove to be the last one of the cycle as she would lose the non-title match to Amber Ryan after a hard thought match but right when you may think that the bosses would take pity on the young Greek American Bombshell (and her friend and fellow Go Gym Graduate Krystal Wolfe who hadn’t exactly had an easy time either), then came the Main Event for the final show of 2022.

In one corner were the Go Sisters in their third ever match as a team and second main event! Their opponents? The World Bombshell Champion Masque and her protégé/Amber Ryan’s sister Avalon Blackthorn! Worst yet, the annual Christmas stipulations were back in full force and who knew what the Christmas themed Roulette Wheel would throw at them! The last time Ari and Krystal teamed together was against Team Hero, a match that they mutually wanted! This match was something that neither Ari nor Krystal wanted but can they pull off the upset of the century!

Backstage at Climax Control 349, Bakersfield, California
Sunday the 4th of December 2022, 18:00pm

How did this happen?

How did I go from wrestling women on my level like Seleana, Jessie, and Melissa to fighting Amber Ryan and Masque in back-to-back matches? I know I’ve had a great run as Bombshell Roulette Champion but seriously, why?

If the bosses’ goal were to make one of their youngest talents/champions lock herself in the women’s bathroom because she’s having a panic attack then congrats I guess!

This isn’t like Krystal’s first match against Masque where she challenged Masque for the title either, it’s a tag team match that’s pitting the Go Sisters against Masque and her protégé/Amber’s sister Avalon Blackthorn in next week’s Main Event, yes, as in the final Main Event of the year! Personally? I would’ve much preferred defending my title on the show, at least that’s more my speed! But no, they’ve thrown me to the wolves again.

It's almost enough for me to miss the days where I was spinning my wheels in SCU, keyword being almost!

”First Amber and now Masque and Amber’s equally dangerous sister Avalon.” I whispered to myself as I looked in the mirror, the Bombshell Roulette Title was sitting on the sink next to me and the makeup I was wearing for tonight’s show had been ruined by the tears that my panic attack had brought on, said tears had long since dried up, the ones that wasn’t on my jacket sleeve anyway, and I let out a frustrated scream. ”Why? Why do they see fit to keep feeding me to the wolves?!”

”Ari?” Off course my fiancé was looking for me, Francisco hadn’t appeared on screen but he was my guest tonight, kind of an early Christmas present if nothing else. ”I’ve been looking all over the arena for you!”

”It’s not like I’m that hard to find, I’ve got my phone………” I trailed off as I reached into my jacket pocket for my phone only to find it empty, I was in the cafeteria with Francisco when I got the new card text and more importantly? The news of my match against Masque and Avalon. ”I left my phone at our table, didn’t I?”

”That was the first sign that something was wrong, I’ve never known you to leave your phone in a public place that.” Francisco responded and I sighed to myself, my fiancé knew me all too well. ”Ari I don’t want to get banned for kicking in the door to the women’s bathroom, can you please come out?”

I wasn’t really sure if he was serious or not but I grabbed my title all the same. ”I’m coming, don’t………” But when I looked at the reflection in the mirror out of the corner of my eye, I froze, my twenty-two-year-old self wasn’t there, I didn’t see the young, successful YouTuber/wrestler/Syndicated TV Host that I had managed to become at the age of twenty-two, you want to know who I saw instead?

My parents. “Look at you, and you call yourself a champion?!” My father asked mockingly as I quickly shook my head. “”We were right all along about you! You’re nothing but a failure”

”No! No!” I yelled back as the tears started to form in my eyes again, I didn’t really care how insane I must’ve sounded to my fiancé. ”I’m not a failure! I am a champion, a successful woman in general……….”

“A champion doesn’t cry if they are faced with stiff competition Ari!” My mother interrupted me and I glared up at her, my dad was bad but mom? She was the main source of my emotional abuse. “If only you had listened to us, you could’ve been a proper lady! Instead you whore yourself out to the masses with a trophy boyfriend! You are a disgrace!”

”I’M NOT A DISGRACE! AND I AM A FAR BETTER LADY THEN YOU’LL EVER BE!” I snapped but seconds later the hallucination was gone and I was alone in the women’s bathroom again. ”What just?”

”Ari?” I looked up and saw Francisco at the open door having gotten one of the janitorial staff to open the door to the women’s bathroom for him, when he saw the look on my face he walked over and pulled me into a tight hug without a second though. ”It’s okay, you’re safe!”

”You didn’t hear them?” I whispered to Francisco who quickly shook his head with a confused look on his face, I decided to drop it until we were back at the hotel, less I sounded more insane. ”We’ll talk at the hotel I just want to get out of here.”

”Off course babe! Whatever you need.” Francisco assured me before he lead me out of the women’s bathroom and to the parking lot after giving me my phone.

I wish I could say that that was a one-time occurrence, but I’d be lying! I put on a brave face for the cameras both in SCW and on my YouTube channel but away from the cameras? My upbringing had a nastier effect on me than I thought but there was one thing that was unique about tonight’s incident, it was the first time such a thing happened in such a public place.

They started in SCU when me and Carter were Pride Tag Team Champions but they always happened when I was home alone or away from human contact in general, but never in an arena, especially not one as big as the Mechanics Bank arena.

I already knew that the pressures of being a champion and Carter’s situation were getting too me! I had a nasty argument with Krystal last week at the Go Gym and that was partially to blame! But was it also causing me to lose my mind?

I know Krystal has suffered with her mental health for years, maybe she can help?

Go Gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 5th of December 2022, 09:00am

So yeah, last night’s Climax Control was no fun.

We got back from the Mechanics Bank Arena about an hour after Climax Control concluded with the crowning of a new World Heavyweight Champion thus confirming that off the champions crowned at Violent Conduct VII, only me and Masque were going to be the ones to reach one hundred days.

Fitting, isn’t it?

All the other champions that were crowned that night had their reigns cut short with Keira’s being the shortest of the lot, it was easy to say that Masque was an easy prediction in that regard, she had been dominant since she first arrived on the scene at last year’s Christmas Special but me? Since I got that showcase match in Corfu my SCW career has been a rollercoaster, highs, and lows all around! My title win in New Delhi was (obviously) the ultimate high point of my year but who could’ve predicted that the twenty-one-year-old (at the time) Greek American girl just a few years into her wrestling career would still be holding her title three months after winning it?

No wonder I’m starting to crack, the pressure’s starting to get to me! I just didn’t notice until my last match of the year was announced!

If there was any good news coming out of the last Climax Control card of the year, it was the fact that Carter had been cleared to compete for the first time since his Roulette Title Match against Miles two months ago, but even that came with a caveat! The whole reason why he was put on medical leave in the first place was because his boyfriend Laz had beaten him following an incident here at the Go Gym.

When Carter cut off contact with me and his mom and grams it set off enough red flags to cover the Vegas Strip ten times over, when we found him in the loft he had been beaten to a bloody pulp and we had taken him to Fenris’s condo for safe keeping. That should’ve been the end of it.

Except he used an out of state Climax Control to go back to Laz two weeks ago, and we haven’t seen him since.

“Err, hello? Earth to Ari?” My concentration was broken when I realized that Kelsey, a new student at the Go Gym who had enrolled the previous week. Had been trying to speak to me. “Everything okay?” The Canadian girl asked and I shook my head.

”I’m fane Kelsey, I was just starring into space and lost in thought, that’s all.” I assured the younger woman who nodded as she got the idea. ”What were you talking about?”

“I was hoping for some feedback on my progress so far but now I’m not sure if you were paying attention.” Kelsey admitted sheepishly and I could just give her an apologetic look. “I know I’ve only been here for a week but I’m eager to learn.”

”Don’t worry about it! I’ve just had a lot on my mind lately.” I assured Kelsey who grinned in response. ”All I can really say is that if your eager to learn then you came to the right place, the Go Gym didn’t gain its reputation by accepting just anyone who walks in the door.”

”Yeah, some of us had to travel literally thousands of miles just to train here.” Krystal’s voice rang out and we glanced up seeing the Aussie Bombshell approaching us with her arms crossed. ”As for that feedback? Considering you started last week you’re making great strides Kelsey.”

“Thanks Krystal.” Kelsey responded with a grin before we noticed that Krystal wanted to chat with me, and it wasn’t hard to figure out why. “How aboot I just let you guys continue? I see a treadmill with my name on it!”

”Go ahead, I’ll call you over if I need a sparring partner.” Krystal nodded before stepping aside to let the Canadian girl past and she went straight to the treadmills. ”So, are we going to address the elephant in the room?”

”I thought Gabriel told Despy to stop bringing in his pets?” I joked and Krystal shared a good laugh with me. ”But seriously, that could mean one of two things, and considering we made up after our argument last week? You’re talking about the tag match at Winter Wonderslam!”

”AKA “what have the Go Sisters done to anger the bosses since High Stakes XII part five!”, I’m used to facing tougher competition but you?”  Krystal asked with a frown on her face before she sat on the ring apron. ”You’ve suddenly gone from facing Seleana and Jessie too facing Amber Ryan in a non-title match and Masque in a Tag Team Match! I don’t know what the bosses’ game is but I don’t like it one bit!”

”You and me both!” I responded with a nod before I glanced around the Go Gym, it was pretty quiet today but that didn’t mean that there weren’t plenty of people in the Gym. ”Can we take this somewhere a bit quieter?” I asked and Krystal nodded before we headed into the women’s changing room. ”How did you handle it Charlotte?”

”Hanfle what?” Krystal asked with a confused look on her face before I reached into my duffel bag and produced the Bombshell Roulette Title. ”The pressure of being a champion? I’d be lying if I said it was easy but during my reign I kept pushing myself to be better than my competition, my ego may have gone through the roof but you can’t argue with the results.”

”Yeah, that one reign cemented your place in SCW’s history books! But that wasn’t what I meant.” I responded as I shook my head and Krystal gave me a concerned look. ”Facing tougher competition as my reign goes on? The whole situation with Carter? I’m not sure if I can handle it for much longer! I had a panic attack when I got the new card text last night and locked myself in the women’s bathroom until Francisco came to get me!”

”Wait, you had a panic attack last night and this is the first I’ve heard of it?” Krystal asked as her eyebrows shot up and I sighed before nodding. ”Why didn’t you text me? I know you had your phone with you at Climax Control, you were tweeting about the tag match and everything!”

”Honestly? As my panic attack started I left my phone in the cafeteria because my first priority was making sure no one saw me like that!” I admitted as I lowered my head and Krystal gave me a sympathetic look. ”I didn’t even realize that it wasn’t in my jacket pocket until Francisco found me!”

”Look, I know we had that big blow-up argument last week because of those comments I made on Climax Control two weeks ago, but I meant what I said when I said that you can’t keep this stuff bottled up Ari!” Krystal responded as she put a comforting hand on my shoulder and u glanced over to the side. ”If you have anything else to get off your chest, now’s the time, you know I’m good at keeping secrets.”

”Just promise that you won’t tell anyone?” I asked and Krystal quickly nodded to confirm that she wouldn’t. ”Ever since my Pride Tag Team Title reign with Carter in SCU, I’ve been having these hallucinations! My parents would appear in a reflective surface like a mirror or something similar to call me a disgrace and stuff along those lines.” I explained and Krystal’s jaw dropped as it hit her. ”Up until last night, those visions have taken place in private places like my bathroom back home, and I’m not afraid to admit that I’ve broken a few mirrors to get them to shut up but last night it happened in the women’s bathroom of the Mechanics Bank Arena.”

”You didn’t break that bathroom’s mirror, right?” Krystal asked and I quickly shook my head. ”Jesus Christ Ari! That reign lasted for most of 2020, are you seriously telling me that you never told anyone else this in that time? Not even Carter?!”

”What did you expect me to say? That one of the latest Go Gym Graduates is losing her mind? And no, not even Carter knows about this!” I sighed as I started pacing around the women’s changing room. ”Even if I wanted to tell him, we haven’t been able to see him since he went back to Laz and I’m not about to start posting about these hallucinations on Twitter!”

”You realize that you just reaffirmed why keeping stuff like this bottled up is a bad idea, right?” Krystal asked as she stared at me in shock and I reluctantly nodded once I realized that she had a point. ”Look, 2023 is right around the corner, have you made a New Year’s Resolution yet?”

”Haven’t had time to think of one with everything that’s been going on.” I sighed as I shook my head and Krystal nodded. ”Why?”

”Mind if I suggest one?” Krystal asked and I shrugged my shoulders as if to say, “go for it”. ”Be more open about your mental health struggles, because right now? I don’t see my friend and current Bombshell Roulette Champion I see a ticking time bomb of mental instability and I can’t tell when it’s going to go off!”

”You always did have a way with words Charlotte.” I sighed as I glanced down at the floor. ”Do you really think it could work? I’ve been trying to deal with this stuff on my own for years but it’s gotten me nowhere fast!”

”The way I see it? If you continue down this current path, things are only going to get worse.” Krystal responded as she shook her head and I had to admit that Krystal was right. ”Take it from someone who could practically write a book on the subject, trying to deal with mental health on your own ends in disaster more often than not! You’ve got me and the other Go Gym Graduates, Francisco, and hell, even the other members of the Bombshell Roster, you have no shortage of women who will give you an ear if you need it! You already made a good start today.”

”Maybe your right.” I nodded before we made our way out of the women’s changing room and towards the ring ready to continue the day, was it really going to be that easy?

One way to find out I guess!

Ari’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 5th of December 2022, 16:00pm

*promo time*

How did I get into this situation?

”Remember when I described being thrust into the Melissa and Jessie mess as a Monkey’s Paw situation? God those where simpler times!” I sighed as I walked around my home with my arms crossed. ”But leave it to the bosses to throw me into an even tougher situation at the Go Home show, not just for Inception VI but the year of 2022 as a whole because this Sunday’s Winter Wonderslam event is the last show of the year, and honestly? Even though I’m in the Main Event I would’ve preferred defending this.” I stated as I held up the Bombshell Roulette Title. ”To teaming up with Krystal to take on Masque and Avalon!”

Yep, you heard me!

”But alas, that’s the situation I’m in on Sunday Night, my last match of the year sees me in the fight of my life and whilst I will give this match everything I’ve got especially since I’ll be learning who my challenger or challengers for Inception VI are at Climax Control 350, I can’t deny that this will be the toughest match of my wrestling career to date.” I added as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”I know Krystal has faced Masque before but I only know her from watching her matches and her actions over the past twelve months whilst I admittedly know even less about Avalon!”

But I will try.

”Right now the only thing that me and Krystal can do is try, try to win the match or at the very least, survive.” I added as I let out a deep breath. ”Masque has been dominant since her arrival in SCW, Avalon is her protégé, that should tell you everything you need to know about how bad my chances look heading into this match but I’m not about to back down no matter how intimidating either of my opponents are!”

May as well start with Masque!

”Can you name a more dominant Bombshell than our current World Bombshell Champion? Or one who’s more psychotic for that matter? I’ve seen friends be absolutely crushed after wrestling you once and one even flat out left the company after she wrestled you once, at the very least Adrienne’s found her feet in CU:LT but as much as I like her, I refuse to be put into the same situation as her.” I stated as let out a deep breath. ”This is just another obstacle for me to overcome in my SCW Journey, it just happens that this hurdle includes a jump over a piranha tank that surrounded by electrified barbed wire and the hurdle itself is on fire, maybe I should quit whilst I’m ahead?”

Not that way!

”By which I mean quit giving Christian new match ideas for the Roulette Wheel! Nothing to do with my me quitting the company.” I said as I looked at the Bombshell Roulette Title. ”Besides, why would I quit when I’ve made such great strides as the Bombshell Roulette Champion? Masque, regardless of what happens during this Sunday’s Main Event, you are still a Bombshell to be feared and respected in equal measure and this Sunday will be my toughest test of my reign to date!”

Can I pass it?

”Really question is, will I pass the test merely for surviving Masque or will I need to be the second Bombshell to ever beat her first? There’s only one way to find out and that’s to get into the ring with you on Sunday Masque!” I added as I let out a deep breath. ”Because if it does come down to me and you, champion vs. champion Masque? Then I’ll do everything in my power to beat you fair and square in the rind! At least then, if I fail I can say that I went down fighting but then there’s your partner!”

Next up is Avalon!

”Admittedly I know even less about Avalon than I do about Masque, I know she’s been active in other promotions but I couldn’t tell you anything about the other promotions that she’s been a part off.” I stated as I adjusted a bra strap. ”But what I can tell you is that if she’s as dangerous as her sister Amber and her mentor Masque then me and Krystal are really in trouble in this match, aren’t we? This is not how I envisioned spending the last Climax Control of 2022, that’s for sure!”

The great mystery.

”Avalon, you came from nowhere to fight Masque and defend Amber’s honour after that horrific attack she inflicted on your sister but since then? Nothing.” I added as I folded my arms. ”Not a peep from you until you returned recently seemingly under the control of Masque, I’m not about to pretend that I understand what happened there Avalon but that won’t me from give you and Masque the fights of your lives in this Sunday’s Main Event!”

And maybe?

”Who knows? Maybe that’ll be enough for us to secure the upset of the year, Krystal and Ari beating Masque and Avalon sounds like a nominee for “Holy Shit/WTF Moment of the Year” in next year’s Year End Awards to me!” I added as I let out a deep breath. ”But that’s a huge if! Me and Krystal are damn good wrestlers but you and Masque are on another level, we’re practically being thrown into the Lion’s Den for Christmas and frankly? I want to regift this present!”

It's that simple!

”The new year is right around the corner but the first thing on my mind is what I want for Christmas! And if Despy can refrain from blowing me up for a second, I’d like to quote a certain song: All I Want For Christmas is Anything But This Match!” I declared before bracing myself for a possible explosion but when no such explosion came I continued. ”I guess Despy restricts his blowing up powers to the real Mariah Carey! Either way, whilst this wasn’t the match I wanted for the Christmas special I’m still going to roll with it and with Krystal’s help? Who knows? Maybe a Christmas miracle will happen?”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”One can hope right? I know Masque and Avalon are dangerous competitors but at the end of the day? Me and Krystal still have a job to do even if that job involves me entering the toughest, most daunting match of my career.” I said as I let out a deep breath. ”They say it takes pressure to make diamonds but how much pressure is too much pressure? We’ll find that out on Sunday when we go toe to toe with Masque and Avalon and if I can make them bask in the glow of the Greek Angel’s Light? Maybe miracles can happen! See you in the ring Masque and Avalon!”

I left my room as the scene fades.