Author Topic: A Shocking Turn of Events  (Read 839 times)

Offline Nick Jones

• View Profile
    • Nick Jones
A Shocking Turn of Events
« on: February 22, 2013, 10:52:41 PM »
 The scene opens up backstage in the locker room of The Supremacy just after Climax Control has gone off the air.  With the rest of the group seemingly otherwise preoccupied, the locker room is currently only filled with Nick Jones, his girlfriend Diana Roberts and the members of his entourage; Big B, Tony Capicelli, Jimmy Mason and Max Goldstein.  As the rest of the group sits quietly around the room, they all watch intently as Nick stands in the center, pacing back and forth with a look of frustration painted across his face.

Nick:  I seriously cannot believe this nonsense, who does that little punk Christian think he is, anyway?

Diana:  Yeah, it's like he thinks he's the co-owner or something.

Nick stops his pacing and stops to look at Diana for her comments, which were clearly dripping with sarcasm.  Nick glares in her direction, but Diana responds only with a sly smile.

Nick:  Very funny.

Diana:  I thought so.

Nick disregards her comments as he continues to pace back around the room.

Nick:  It's clear he only cares about doing the one thing he tries to do over and over again, and that's to screw me over.  He screwed me out of MY SCW Heavyweight Championship, so far he's screwed out of my rematch and now... now this?

Jimmy:  Nicky, baby, don't sweat it.  It will be fine.

Nick:  Of course it will, but that's not the point!  The point is that whenever he gets the chance, Christian is going to try his hardest to screw me over.  I'm sick and tired of this nonsense!

Tony:  Dis guy ain't got nuttin' on yous boss.  He's gonna keeps on tryin', but he ain't gonna do it.  You's got dis in da bag.

Nick:  You may be right, but it doesn't change the fact that he is a giant thorn in my side.  He clearly has it out for me, and he actually thinks he can try to make that loser Matthew Kennedy actually beat me.  I just don't know why I should have to deal with all of this garbage that nobody else in this company has to.  I'm going to have waste even more of my time with this ridiculously asinine match that really shouldn't be taking up more than thirty seconds of my time if it weren't for that little weasel.

Big B:  Don't worry about it cuz, we'll have your back.  Just like we always do, you know that.

Nick stops and turns towards Big B, looking at him with annoyance.

Nick:  What are babbling about?  Of course you won't have my back, that's the whole point!

Big B:  What are you talking about?  Of course we will.

Nick:  No, moron, you won't.  You literally CAN'T have my back in this match.

A look of confusion comes across B's face as he scratches his head.

Big B:  I don't get it.  Why not?

Nick:  Because it's a steel cage match you big doof!

Big B doesn't say a word in respond, instead blankly staring at Nick as he seems oblivious to what that all means.  Nick lets out a sigh of disgust before continuing on.

Nick:  What that means is that me and that loser Kennedy are going to be inside of the ring which will be surrounded by a fifteen foot high steel cage!

Big B nods his head as he finally seems to understand, but seems to still be thinking the circumstances over.

Big B:  Yeah, but you have to climb it.  So what if, like, we climb in from the outside or something.

Tony:  Yeah, you's go and give dat a shot and see how dat works out for ya.

Jimmy:  Yeah baby, Christian will probably fire B before he can even make it half way up the side of the cage.

Big B gets a frown on his face after hearing Jimmy's comment.

Big B:  Oh... never mind.

Nick:  Exactly!  This is a complete load of bullsh...

Nick suddenly stops himself as for the first time, he turned in the direction facing the locker room door to see the camera there.  As he does, he immediately changes his tone to one of far more confidence.

Nick:  Whatever, I don't even care.  It makes no difference whatsoever.

The group all seem confused by Nick's sudden change in demeanor, only to look over towards the door where Nick is looking and seem to then understand.  Nick turns away from the camera back towards the group, who all quickly look away from the camera and back to Nick.

Nick:  The only reason that putz Kennedy would stand a chance of being able to come anywhere close to even competing with me in any match would be if that stupid douche bag buddy of his Marty McFly was there to help him.  And thanks to this steel cage, that means he won't be able to help his sorry excuse for a little buddy out no matter how badly he needs it, unless he somehow manages to fly his little hover-board into the cell.

The group laughs at Nick's comment as Big B looks confused once again.

Big B:  They really make hover-boards?

Nick rolls his eyes at his cousin and simply continues on.

Nick:  I am going to teach that loser a lesson once and for all.  Kennedy has been running his mouth for months and months on end, but he just doesn't learn.  He had his shot at me while I was champion, a title shot that I have no clue who in SCW actually thought he deserved, and he lost.  He had his chance for so-called "revenge" in another match after that.  Guess what happened there?  He lost again.  Now he's officially reached the point where he will be all out of excuses.  It will be just the two of us, and he can't blame anyone else for why he loses when it is proven that he cannot beat me, period.  This chump wants to refer to himself as "Prime Time"?  Give me a break, he'd be lucky if he pulled in ratings that were as good as a terrible cable network on a Saturday night.  I guess that would be an appropriate match though, he is just like those people who hang around watching TV then; a sad, pathetic loser who nobody could care less about.

Max:  Well that's not very nice.  I happen to enjoy Saturday night TV very much I'll have you know.

Nick cannot help but laugh as he simply shakes his head at Max.

Nick:  You're really not helping your cause with comments like that.  Besides, at least you have people who actually invite you out on nights like that, even if you refuse to join us.

Max:  You four always go out so late at night though.  I need to get my sleep, and plus there's always so much work to be done.  And what if I end up getting to bed late, then I sleep in late and then after all of that drinking I don't feel well the next day, and... and...

Max fax becomes all flush as he starts to breathe heavily in an apparent panic.

Max:  Oh gawd!

The group all look at Max rather oddly as Tony is the first one to react, as he simply turns to Nick and shakes his head about Max, pointing back at him with his thumb.

Tony:  Where's you get dis friggin' guy?

Nick:  I know, I know, but he's good at he does and at least earns his keep.  Better than what I can say for some of the people around here.

Nick subtly nods his head in the direction of his cousin, Big B, drawing some chuckles from the group while B seems to be oblivious to it all.  Nick then looks over and notices the camera once again, as he clearly seemed to have forgotten it was there.  Nick quickly looks back to the serious and continues again in a much more serious manner.

Nick:  Anyway, back to the whole point here.  None of this matters.  I could care less what Christian does.

Big B:  But I thought you said...

Nick:  I said it doesn't matter, got it?  This nobody doesn't stand a chance against me no matter what the rules are.  All this steel cage will do is give me the chance to smack him around for as long as I like without him having the chance to run away or have his Back to the Future boy come try, and fail, to rescue him.  I will beat him senseless for however long it entertains me, which could be for quite a while, and then saunter on out of that cell, or maybe even just get a pin or submission whenever I finally feel like it.  These morons like Christian and Matthew probably think this is some great thing for their stupid little plan, but it's a decision they will both live to forever regret when they realize the position it puts me in.

Tony:  Dats what I'm sayin', boss.

Nick:  You're a wise man tonight.

Tony:  Who, me?  Get outta here!

Tony waves Nick away, who simply laughs in response to Tony.

Nick:  Alright maybe not, but you hit this one on the head.  Even of this, I'm sick and tired of this place.  Let's get out of here.

Nick grabs his bag off of a bench and walks over towards the door, shoving the cameraman out of the way as he walks past him.  The rest of the group grabs their stuff and follows along as the scene cuts away.

<hr width=50%>

The scene opens back up a few days later, at the Los Angeles home of Nick Jones.  Nick is in the kitchen, going through the cabinets as he appears to be looking for something to eat.  He pushes one thing aside after another, looking somewhat displeased with his options.  Eventually, after pushing a few boxes of healthy snacks out of the way, he comes across a bag of potato chips shoved all the way in the back.  Nick pulls the bag out with a big smile on her face.

Nick:  She thought she could hide them from me, huh?  Will she ever learn?

Nick takes the bag and quickly tears open the top of the bag and quickly pulls out a big handful of chips and immediately starts scarfing the down.  Nick walks across the kitchen as he chomps away, causing crumbs to follow all over the place, but he seems not to care.  Nick eventually makes his way over to the refrigerator and opens it up, looking around inside.  Nick swallows his mouthful of chips and then wipes his mouth his with sleeve before speaking again.

Nick:  Damnit, no more soda left.

Nick looks in the fridge for a little longer until eventually shrugging.  He then reaches into the fridge and pulls out a bottle of Bud Light, immediately twisting off the cap and tossing it over his shoulder as it lands somewhere on the kitchen floor.  Nick shoves another handful of chips into his mouth as he leaves out the kitchen door and goes to cut through the dining room.  However, as soon as he steps into the dining room, he sees Jimmy sitting in there with stuff all laid out across the dining room table.  There's a phone sitting in the middle of the table, with all sorts of paperwork laid out around it, as well as Jimmy's laptop, which he is sitting at and using.   As Nick steps in, Jimmy immediately hops up from his seat and looks to Nick.

Jimmy:  Hey baby, glad to see I didn't have to chase you down.  You ready?

Nick looks over at Jimmy with an expression of confusion.  He then mumbles through his mouthful of potato chips as he responds, making it difficult to even understand what he is trying to say.

Nick:  Rrry fr wa?

Jimmy looks at Nick blankly, at which point Nick takes a big gulp of his beer to wash down the chips before trying again.

Nick:  Ready for what?

Jimmy:  Ah, you're just kidding me.  Right, baby?

Nick doesn't say anything, as he continues to look at Jimmy, trying to figure out what he's getting at.  At this point, Jimmy really stops and for the first time, looks Nick over, noticing the big bag of chips, the grease-stained shirt and the bottle of beer.  Jimmy looks rather disgusted at seeing Nick like this.

Jimmy:  Baby, what do you think you're doing?  Get it together, we've got work together.

Nick:  First things first, I know things are pretty laid-back around this group, but don't forget I'm still you're boss, so watch the tone buddy.  Got it?  Secondly, what work?

Jimmy:  Sorry baby, this is just a big deal.  We've got that conference call with the publishers starting in 5 minutes!

Nick looks completely unaware of what Jimmy is referring to.

Nick:  Publishers?

Suddenly Nick snaps out of it as it all seems to come together.

Nick:  Oh right, the publishers... for that book, I'm supposed to be, er... I mean that I AM writing.  Yeah, I knew about that.  I thought you were talking about, um... something else.  I mean, obviously I knew all about that.  Why else would I be in the dining room right now?  Do you think I just happened to be walking through here at this exact time by complete coincidence?  Give me a break.

Jimmy:  Great baby, glad to hear it.  So take a seat and we'll make this call.

Jimmy and Nick both sit down at the table and Jimmy reaches over towards the phone, but before he does he stops and looks over at Nick, who has just put the chips and beer down in front of him.

Jimmy:  You're really going to drink beer during our big call?

Nick:  What?  No, of course not.  It's um... non-alcoholic.  Yeah, I just like the taste is all.

Jimmy:  Oh ok, no problem.

Jimmy turns his attention back to the phone as Nick rolls his eyes at the fact that Jimmy just fell for that.  Jimmy then puts the phone onto speakerphone and dials a phone number he has written down.  After a few rings, the phone is picked up.

Frisman:  Stephen Frisman's office.

Jimmy:  Mr. Frisman, it's Jimmy Mason and I got Nick Jones here with me.

Frisman:  Oh, good morning gentlemen.  Thanks for taking the time to have this call with me.

Jimmy:  Not a problem, baby.  Nicky and I are glad to do it.

Nick gives a bit of a snort to that comment before following up with a statement dripping with sarcasm.

Nick:  Yeah, sure we are.

Frisman:  Well I'll do my best not to keep you two for too long.  There's really just a few questions I have for you so I can go back and give some answers myself and let everyone know the current status.

Nick:  Yeah, yeah.  So what's up?

Frisman:  For starters, I know we have talked about this a number of times before, but I simply wanted to remind you that we have our first deadline coming up.  We need the first completed draft ready to go within the next couple of months in order to be able to hit our publishing deadline.  There still needs to be review, editing, rewrites and all of that stuff, so we need to make sure we give ourselves enough time.

Nick:  Trust me, I know.  If the number of times you guys told me wasn't enough, which trust me it was, I've got Jimmy here nagging me about it all the time.

Jimmy:  We're all on the same page here Frisy, so don't sweat it.

Frisman:  Glad to hear it.  So things are moving along nicely with the draft then?

Nick:  Um, yeah, sure... why not?  I know I've got this deadline so, you know, I'm really rolling with it.  It should be done, um... soon.  Yeah, very soon.

Jimmy gives Nick a bit of glare as he seems to be a bit unhappy with Nick's tone in his response.  Jimmy is quick to chime in on the call.

Jimmy:  Sorry Frisy, we're getting another call.  Mind if I put you on hold for just one second?

Frisman:  Sure thing.

Jimmy:  Thanks baby.

Jimmy reaches over and hits the mute button on the phone as Nick looks over at Jimmy with an expression of annoyance.

Nick:  What are you babbling about you idiot?  There's no other call.

Jimmy:  I know, baby.  I just needed to talk to you in private for a second.

Nick:  Ok, fine, then spit it out already.

Jimmy:  I've got to ask, have you really been working on this book?

Nick:  Well, um... uh... sure I have.  Why would you think I haven't?  I've done all sorts of, you know... work on it.

Jimmy glares at Nick as he seems rather unconvinced.

Jimmy:  When is the last time you actually wrote anything for the book?

Nick:  Let me think about that.  That would have been... um... that was back when... well you see...

Jimmy puts his hand up towards Nick to simply stop him from trying any more.

Jimmy:  Nicky, baby, listen... you need to get this done.  I know you're busy and stuff baby, but this has been going on for over a year now.  We're talking big money on the line, we can't be losing that baby.  We've got to get this thing done!

Nick:  I know, I know.  Listen, you're right and I get that.  Don't sweat it, I'll take care of it.  It won't be a problem, I can finish this thing any time I want to.  Trust me.

Jimmy:  Are you sure?

Nick:  Of course I'm sure.  You heard that douche, I still have MONTHS before this thing needs to be finished.  Besides, the book is about ME.  That's right, ME.  Since when have you EVER known me to have a hard time coming up with more walks to talk about myself?

Jimmy stops and thinks about that for a few moments, before seeming to be satisfied and nodding at Nick.

Jimmy:  I guess you've got a good point there.

Nick:  That's what I'm telling you!  It's going to be fine.

Jimmy:  Ok, let's do this, baby!

Jimmy reaches back over towards the phone and turns off the muting.

Jimmy:  Sorry about that, we're back.

Frisman:  Not a problem.  I just really wanted to make sure you guys are on schedule and it sounds like we're in good shape there.

Jimmy:  Absolutely, baby.

Frisman:  Then I guess there's only one other thing I wanted to check in with you two about.

Nick:  Oh yeah?  What's that?

Frisman:  Well the last time we all got together and met up in person here at my office, there was a topic of conversation that came up.  Now I know it was a touchy subject for you Nick, but I think we had all come to an agreement on that by the end of the meeting.

Nick, realizing what the publishing executive is referring to, can be heard mumbling to himself.

Nick:  Oh great, this nonsense again.

Stephen, not having heard Nick, continues on.

Frisman:  So I imagine this is something you guys took our advice on and are taking advantage of?

Jimmy:  Sorry Frisy, you lost me.  What are you referring to?

Frisman:  Twitter of course.  We had talked about getting Nick setup with an account in order to start getting him to have some more interaction with the fans.  You know, as a marketing tool.

Jimmy:  Oh yeah... right right right.  About that...

Jimmy is nervously looking over at Nick, with his arms out and clearly not knowing what to say.  Nick quickly cuts Jimmy off.

Nick:  It's going great.

Frisman:  Really?  That's fantastic news.  I will be honest, I was a little nervous given your clear lack of interest in the idea.

Nick:  Yeah, well, you guys made a good point, so it was hard to ignore.  I've got to hold up my end of the bargain, right?

Frisman:  That's a good attitude to have Nick, and trust me, we really appreciate it over here.  You would've believe how full of themselves some of these writers we have to work with are like.

Nick:  Luck for you, I'm nothing like that.

Jimmy gives Nick a look of disbelief at his last comment, and Nick raises his hand up towards Jimmy as if he's going to backhand him, and Jimmy quickly flinches away as Nick continues on.

Nick:  So yeah, the twitter thing is going great.  Lots of marketing, going to sell us lots of extra books.  Even if it is annoying and childish and stupid and...

Frisman is quick to cut Nick off this time, clearly not interested in revisiting that conversation.

Frisman:  Glad to hear you've made it work.  So if you wouldn't mind, some of the guys around here wanted to know what your twitter handle was.  Figured give them a chance to check it out, start following you.  You know how it is.

Nick:  Oh... right.  You know what?  I've had it saved on my computer and cell phone for so long, I don't even remember what it is anymore.  You know how that is, right?

Frisman laughs in response to Nick's comment.

Frisman:  Trust me, I get it.

Nick:  What I'll do is have Jimmy here shoot you over an e-mail in a little bit with the handle.  Sound good?

Frisman:  Sounds great.  Thanks so much Nick.  I think that about does it for me.  Did either of you have any questions for me?

Nick:  None that I can think of.

Jimmy, now clearly unhappy with the situation, responds very seriously and in an abrupt manner.

Jimmy:  No.

Frisman:  Ok, I'll talk to you guys soon then.  Goodbye.

Nick:  Bye.

Jimmy doesn't even say goodbye, instead simply reaches over and hangs up the phone before turning his attention completely towards Nick.

Jimmy:  What was that?!?

Nick:  What was what?  I told the guy what he wanted to hear.  He's happy now, I've got months to get this done.  What's the problem?

Jimmy:  The problem is you told this guy you've been on twitter for months and that I'd send him your twitter handle.

Nick:  Yeah, what's your point?

Jimmy:  You don't have a twitter account!!

Nick:  I guess you better take care of that then, huh?

Jimmy:  Wait... what?

Nick stands up from his seat at the table, reaches over and picks the laptop that was left setting at the end of the table.  Nick then turns back towards Jimmy and tosses it at him, which Jimmy barely catches before it goes crashing to the ground.

Nick:  Go sign me up an account for that stupid twatter and then send the stupid thing over to that buffoon over at the publisher.  It's not that hard.  You think you can handle it?

Jimmy:  Yeah, but...

Nick:  Good.  I certainly pay you more than enough to handle such a simple task.  Now shut up and go do it.

Nick turns and walks out of the dining room, leaving Jimmy sitting there alone.  Jimmy places the laptop back down on the dining room table and starts to get to work on it as he can be heard talking to himself.

Jimmy:  Nicky interacting with the fans and other wrestlers?  This is gonna be a disaster, baby.

Jimmy continues to type away on the laptop keyboard as the scene fades to black.
>