Author Topic: What the Hell is a Maki?  (Read 460 times)

Offline Andrew

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Bill Barnhart
What the Hell is a Maki?
« on: July 16, 2020, 09:17:33 AM »
 WHAT THE HELL IS A MAKI?

Narrator:  When Bea’s match against Maki was announced, and Bea came to me to give ideas for my lead-in comments, the first words out of Bea’s mouth was WHAT THE HELL IS A MAKI? We looked it up and found it amusing. I will turn you over to Bea Barnhart who is in her room at the Saxon Hotel.

The scene changes to a shot of Bea Barnhart in her room at the Saxon Hotel. Bea is sitting at the dining table dressed in black slacks, a white blouse, and black athletic shoes. The cameraman pans around the room and we get a shot of Bill and Iris relaxing on the couch watching television and they are watching the favorite program for Iris which is Animal Planet. The cameraman returns his camera in the direction of Bea at the dining table and we notice that Bea has a bowl of chips, some salsa dip, and several cans of Classic Coke.

Bea:  When the card for Climax Control 275 was announced, and I saw I was facing off against Maki, my first reaction was I laughed so hard I nearly went unconscious. Maki? Seriously? Maki I want to know how you managed to gain the attention of Management that they would put you into the Bombshell Roulette Championship match at Summer XXXTreme VIII, instead of me being in the match. I should have been in that match instead of you. I guess Management likes creepy women who have to cover their ugly faces with makeup then try to present themselves as some sort of demonic or spiritual being. Nah! Maki you’re just another in a long line of fake wrestlers who have to resort to stupid gimmicks to try to get attention. I rely on my superior wrestling skills to get attention. I don’t have to cover my face with makeup because I’m not ugly like you. I’m beautiful and flaunt it every chance I get. Studying wrestling I’ve noticed there have been many wrestlers who wore a mask or makeup to try to be something they were not. Some thought the mask would hide their feelings so opponents wouldn’t know if they are hurt or not. Some thought the makeup covering their face would do the same thing. Sorry to inform you, Maki, but a person’s eyes tell the story every time. Whether a person wears a mask, or makeup like you do, your eyes are visible and I can tell when you are hurting and I’ll take advantage of you at that time.

Bea takes a break to chomp on some chips and dip then she washes it down with a can of Classic Coke.

Bea:  I looked up the definition of Maki and found it to be rather hilarious. The definition I kept seeing is that Maki is basically Sushi but prepared just a little differently and usually cut into smaller pieces. So you call yourself a name which means raw fish and spicy condiments? I may be from the Philippines where I enjoy eating fish but I damn sure don’t eat raw fish. Then to add to your fakeness did you know that in over ninety percent of Sushi restaurants they don’t even use real fish? Did you know they usually substitute the real fish with vegetables or other non-fish items. Fake fake fake fake fake just like you!

Bea breaks again to dine on chips and dip and another can of Classic Coke.

Bea:  So, Maki, I see from your information that you are from Brighton, England, which means Brit and also a twit. Surely you’re familiar with the Pink Floyd song titled ANOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL. I’m sure you’re also familiar with the words of the song that I’ll ask the Network to put up on the screen for you to see:

We don't need no education
We don’t need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave them kids alone
Hey! Teachers! Leave them kids alone!
All in all it's just another brick in the wall.
All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

After the words to Pink Floyd’s Another Brick in the Wall is up on the screen long enough for viewers to read it they take the words off the screen and we return to Bea at the dining table in her room in the Saxon Hotel.

Bea:   So, Maki, let me entertain you with my version of this song. It is based on the fact that I’ve seen you hanging out in the hallway acting like a fool and a twit. My version goes as follows:

I don’t need wrestling education
Because I’m the best wrestler in the nation
And, Maki, if you think you’re the all
Then, Maki, for sure you’re gonna fall
Hey! Maki! You are gonna fall!
All in all you’re just another twit in the hall
All in all you’re just another twit in the hall

After Bea is done with her version of Another Brick in the Wall she bursts out in laughter and it takes her a moment to regain her composure.

Bea:  So, Maki, why do I consider you to be a twit? Simply put a twit is a silly or foolish person. Are you silly? Naming yourself after a form of Sushi is silly and so is wearing more make-up than Mimi from The Drew Carey show is silly. Are you foolish? Signing your name on a Contract to wrestle against me will go down in the history books as the most foolish thing you’ve done in your life! Hopefully your loss to me this Sunday will serve as a wake-up call for you. And if If you think you can sneak a win over me in our match you damn sure aren’t thinking. You’re going into Summer XXXTreme VIII off a loss to me and that will hinder you in your Bombshell Roulette match. Nothing, not even some pathetic makeup wearing geek like you, can defeat me. And since I did my version of Another Brick in the Wall by Pink Floyd for your entertainment and insult I have another short lyrics from a Pink Floyd song that you may be familiar with. The song is an instrumental but there are twelve words that fit your situation perfectly. Remember I mentioned that Maki is basically Sushi that is cut into little pieces? Here are the words from the Pink Floyd song ONE OF THESE DAYS that I ask the Network to put up on the screen.

The Network puts up the only words spoken in Pink Floyd’s song ONE OF THESE DAYS.

ONE OF THESE DAYS I’M GOING TO CUT YOU INTO LITTLE PIECES

Bea again bursts out in uncontrollable laughter. Unfortunately she was drinking a Classic Coke when she started laughing and she spewed the Classic Coke out of her mouth onto the dining table. She quickly wipes the table clean before continuing with her comments.

Bea:  Sorry about that! Maki is so damn hilarious I can’t help but burst out in uncontrollable laughter. Just like they cut Sushi down into little pieces and call it Maki I will cut you down into little pieces and call you loser. So, Maki, with some of the items I wanted to discuss out of the way what else can I demean you with? Oh! I know! What did I glean from your information sheet Maki? That you’re not original. That you have fancy names for basic holds and maneuvers. And you probably cover your face with heavy makeup because you’re uglier than a Baboon’s ass. Yeah yeah yeah you’ll try to deny everything I’ve said about you and you have the freedom to do so. However you must understand that all the denying in the world doesn’t make you right and me wrong. What will make me right is when the Referee counts my pinfall victory over you or you tap out to submit to me in the match. What will make you wrong is when you lose the match to me by pinfall or submission and have to walk into the Bombshell Roulette Championship at Summer XXXTreme VIII coming off the loss. Please enjoy what time you have remaining until our match on Sunday, July 19, 2020. Why would I say that to you? Because once you step into the ring with me and our match starts you will lose quickly to me and be humiliated to the point you’ll want to wear a brown paper bag over your head to hide your identity as your humiliation will be immense. Damn! I’m gonna enjoy defeating and humiliating you this Sunday!

Bea looks over to the couch where Bill and Iris are watching Animal Planet.

Bea:  Bill would you like to toss in some comments before I close this session?

Bill:  All I want to say is whether you win or lose your match against Maki we are going to be involved in a Mixed Tag Team match at Summer XXXTreme VIII. When we win that Mixed Tag Team match we will prove to everyone we are the future of the Mixed Tag Team Division.

Bea:  Thanks for your comments Bill. Maki in closing I would like to state to you why I’m superior to you in every area of wrestling. I have three wins in the wrestling ring and all of them were by submission. Not many wrestlers can make that claim. Yes it is nice to be able to wear down an opponent, or injure them, and get a pinfall victory. It is nice to have your opponent run away from you and get counted out for you to win that way. It is always interesting when an opponent knows they will lose to you so they deliberately do something to get disqualified. But for a wrestler like me to dominate opponents to where I make them tap out and submit in the match proves I’m the superior wrestler in our match.

Bea informs the cameraman she’s done with her comments. The cameraman informs the Network he’ll set his camera into a slow fade to black but he’ll pan around the hotel room before the scene goes black. As he pans around we again see Bill and Iris sitting on the couch watching Animal Planet. The cameraman continues panning the room until he returns to another shot of Bea Barnhart and then the scene goes to black.