Author Topic: The Wildside  (Read 486 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
The Wildside
« on: July 03, 2020, 04:40:36 PM »
 Off-Camera

Friday July 3, 2020
Trainer’s Room
Memorial Stadium
Grand Forks, North Dakota
11:25 AM  CDT

This was not how Seleana Zdunich had pictured her long weekend of work starting off. Her first match of the day, for the WWA Scars N’ Stripes edition of their Friday Night Frenzy show had been scheduled to feature Seleana in a tag team match with her sister Zenna as Wildside taking on the Pretty Committee, featuring Veronica Taylor and Bianca LeBlanc. Both teams were to have seconds, Wildside having Seleana’s wife, Christina Zdunich, though in this company she is known as Christina Lopez because he company is run by other members of the Lopez Family, and the Pretty Committee by their third member, Christina Fierce. Wildside would also have a second Lopez, Mariella, acting as a manager. With the two trios building to an eventual showdown between them for the WWA Trios Championships, it made sense that some of them would face off before the big title match could occur.

The match had gone off seemingly without a hitch, Seleana and Zenna meeting Veronica and Bianca in the ring and nearly ready to finish off the mean girls team when another manager, Shannon Saint, a male one no less, had arrived and distracted the referee. This ahd allowed Christina Fierce to jump into the ring and spray Seleana in the eyes with perfume to blind her. Fierce had then hit her rolling cutter finish, It Pays To Be Fierce. Mariella had chased Saint away and Seleana’s wife had chased the other Christina away but the damage had been done and Bianca was able to flop on top for a pin.

Now, after the highway robbery had been committed, Seleana sits in the trainer’s from being checked out, her sister and wife both standing near the door waiting so they can get on a plane and fly to Rome, Georgia for their second show of the day.

Trainer: Please look up, Miss Zdunich?

As he shines his little penlight into her eyes, Seleana tries hard not to flinch.

Seleana Zdunich: Jag hatar den jävla Idiotkommittén!

Zenna nods from by the door, still in her gear.

Zenna Zdunich: De har skitit i det blå skåpet nu!

Christina looks down seemingly ashamed.

Christina Zdunich: I’m sorry I didn’t stop her…

Zenna shakes her head and pats Christina on the shoulder.

Zenna Zdunich: Don’t, you had no idea Shannon Saint would bring his old ass out there to do what he did. You would think between Veronica, Bianca and Fierce they could have found other ways to do the same thing but…

Christina still sighs while Seleana grunts in anger.

Seleana Zdunich: Mariella was there as well and she took sweet time to run Saint off. Maybe she thinks we are not worth her time like Monsters, ja?

Christina starts to shake her head but before she can answer, Zenna nods in agreement, crossing her arms across her chest in disgusted anger.  

Zenna Zdunich: She spreads herself too thin, someone will always suffer because of it. Tonight, it was us. Next time it could be the Monsters or her other charges.

The Trainer steps back.

Trainer: Are you having any vision problems? Any blurriness? Cloudiness?  

Seleana blinks at him.

Seleana Zdunich: I do not think so…

She pauses and looks to her wife and sister, knowing their vividly-colored hair should stand out and provide a good test.

Seleana Zdunich: I see properly.

The Trainer nods.

Trainer: Any burning still?

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: Nej.

The trainer nods.

Trainer: Ok, you should be cleared for anything you would want to do now.

Seleana nods and forces a smile for him.

Seleana Zdunich: Thank you, I am grateful.

The trainer walks off as Seleana stands up to meet her wife and sister at the door.

Seleana Zdunich: Idiotkommittén kommer att känna vår vrede, ja?

Zenna bristles, almost growling.

Zenna Zdunich: De jävla idioterna vet inte vad de gör! De får vatten över huvudet!

Standing between the visibly angry sisters, Christina smirks.  

Christina Zdunich: This is actually kinda hot, seeing you like this. I told you after last week at Climax Control I wanted to see more of this and… mhm…

Zenna turns to face her, incredulous anger on her face now mixing with her disgust with the Pretty Committee.

Zenna Zdunich: So you think this was a good thing?

Christina shrugs.

Christina Zdunich: If it lights a fire under you… yes.

Zenna’s eyes narrow and Christina nods to Seleana.

Christina Zdunich: Tell me you have never thought your sister was too nice for her own good. Tell me you have never thought there have been times in the ring where it would help if she was just a little more Sarabi and a little less Sweet Seleana?

Zenna stares at Christina and then to Seleana. Seleana stands there almost thunderstruck.

Seleana Zdunich: Tror du att hon talar sanningen?

Zenna stares back at her sister, now just as thunderstruck at having been put on the spot as Seleana was at being called out.

Zenna Zdunich: Jag… vet inte…

Seleana nods slowly. Knowing vaguely what was being said, Christina simply shrugs as if she knows she’s right and no one can possibly question the Queen.

Seleana Zdunich: Så du tror att jag är en feg.

Zenna’s eyes go wide.

Zenna Zdunich: Nej! Om du var en feghet skulle du aldrig börjat tävla!

Looking between the sisters and seeing the expressions on their faces, Christina starts to shake her head. Her Swedish was ok when it was a simple conversation but once passions rose and the speed with it, she’d become lost in the Zdunich Sisters’ native accents.

Christina Zdunich: Ok, I’m lost now, I really don’t…

Seleana almost laughs.

Seleana Zdunich: English, Babe?

Caught with her own phrasing, Christina can only nod slowly.

Zenna Zdunich: Tell her you do not think she is a pussy!

Christina’s eyes go wide in shock at the sudden venom in Zenna’s voice.  

Christina Zdunich: What?

Zenna nods forcefully at her sister.

Zenna Zdunich: Tell your wife that you do not think she is a pussy!

Christina seemingly can’t believe her ears.

Christina Zdunich: What? Why would I think…

Zenna leans in, anger now almost smoking off her.  

Zenna Zdunich: TELL. YOUR. WIFE. SHE. IS. NO. PUSSY!

Christina backs up a step from her sister-in-law and turns to face her wife.

Christina Zdunich: I’ve never thought you were a pussy, Babe. I just…

She trails off, pausing to try and collect her thoughts amidst all the swirling emotions flooding through her at the moment.

Christina Zdunich: I wanna see that aggression that you keep so bottled up come out more often. The couple of times you’ve let it flash, you’ve won big things, championships. We won the Trios Championships here because you let it some and because Z lets it out a lot. You and Z are about to have a ladder match for the tag team championships tonight where you need to let it out and you have a match on Sunday against Maki and Amber where if you don’t let it out, something bad is going to happen!

Zenna nods in approval.

Zenna Zdunich: Was that so difficult?  

Christina shakes her head.

Christina Zdunich: No.

Zenna nods quickly.

Zenna Zdunich: And you’re not just saying all of this because Maki claimed us as HER Swedish House Mafia and you want to see her English arse pounded into bread pudding for it?

Christina’s eyes go wide again as she shakes her head.

Christina Zdunich: I… no, of course not!  

Zenna nods slowly, suspiciously.

Zenna Zdunich: You are certain of this? You certainly did not seem keen to share us with her even though she gave us the name…

Christina looks down in shame.

Christina Zdunich: I… just want…

Tears start to roll down her face.

Christina Zdunich: Why don’t you like me the way you do the others?

Seleana frowns.

Seleana Zdunich: Others?

Christina nods.

Christina Zdunich: Maki gets to call you her Swedish House Mafia and almost your whole family jumps on any post she makes like it was a siren call! Eavan Maloney can be a raging bitch to half the world and wish all kinds of nasty things on me and you guys don’t say anything to her! Adriana hasn’t said anything to me in months and sometimes I think the rest of you don’t even like me at all, you just tolerate me for Seleana!

Zenna just stares at Christina in thunderstruck silence.

Zenna Zdunich: Är hon allvarlig?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja.

Christina turns and walks away, her hand flying up as if both blowing off whatever answer was going to come and telling both Zduncih Sisters to “talk to the hand.” The two watch Christina vanish down the hallway and Zenna shakes her head.

Zenna Zdunich: Vad är hennes svårighet?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: Vi har en planresa för att upptäcka svaret.

Zenna nods and the two gather their bags to get ready to leave.

Off-Camera

Friday July 3, 2020
Hotel Gymnasium
South Tower
Layton Hotel
Rome, Georgia
3:29 PM  EDT

The plane ride had been happily uneventful and now, having checked into the hotel, Seleana and Zenna Zdunich were stepping into the gym to make sure they were ready for the nasty fight that stood before them for the night. A three-way tag team ladder match with two of the Shieldmaidens, defending champions Alex “Bullet” Carbajal and Jackie “Bandit” Layton, and a team known as House of Dix composed of Wendy House and Tracy Dixon. The House of Dix was an odd couple team in that Wendy House was typically not a very likable and quite immature young lady. She tended to act and speak like a child on the verge of a temper tantrum even when things were going well. Tracy Dixon was nearly her p[olar opposite. Where House was a relatively small white woman that annoyed most everyone who came near her, Tracy Dixon was a large black woman who almost always seemed to be in possession fo a cheery disposition.

No one could ever understand how the two could stand each other, much less work as a team and yet, they were, best friends and a successful tag team.    

Zenna Zdunich: Har du sett din fru sedan hon beslutade att vi skulle skitta i det blå skåpet?

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: Social distancing allowed her to sit apart and I think she checked in here separately.

Zenna looks at her sister as they sit next to each other on a bench and just shakes her head.

Zenna Zdunich: Är detta normalt för henne?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja?

Zenna’s eyes narrow.

Zenna Zdunich: Du vet inte?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: Hon har problem. Ibland är de synliga. Ibland är de inte det.

Zenna nods slowly, almost knowingly.

Zenna Zdunich: Hon är som Eavan.

Seleana shrugs again.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja. Båda blir defensiva när de tar vatten över huvudet. Ibland gör de höns av fjädrar

Zenna nods and then ponders the situation for a second. What if this posed a problem for the ladder match tonight?  Would Seleana perform at her best after an argument with her wife that had seemingly come out of nowhere?

Zenna Zdunich: Tror du att hon kände sig som om hon hade fångat sitt skägg i brevlådan?

Seleana nods quickly to this question.

Seleana Zdunich: Fullständigt

Zenna nods, the other question now screaming in her head. What about tonight?

Zenna Zdunich: Kommer detta att vara ett problem för ikväll?

Seleana shakes her head as if the answer is obvious.

Seleana Zdunich: Nej

Seeing the sincerity in her sister’s eyes, Zenna nods as a new question enters her mind.  What about Sunday in Las Vegas for SCW?

Zenna Zdunich: Kommer detta att vara ett problem för söndagen?

Seleana ponders this question for what seems like years.  Would this present a problem for Sunday when she stepped into the ring with Maki and Amber Ryan? Would it hold her back against the two newest Bombshells? Finally, all she can do is shrug.

Seleana Zdunich: Jag vet inte.

Zenna nods slowly and then pats her elder sister on the shoulder.

Zenna Zdunich: Låt oss överleva ikväll och sedan kan vi överleva söndagen. Ja?

Seleana nods her agreement.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja…

Seleana takes Zenna’s hand into hers and squeezes.

Seleana Zdunich: Jag älskar dig, Shenzi.

Zenna smiles back.

Zenna Zdunich: Jag älskar dig,  Sarabi.

As the two start to stand, Seleana’s wife, Christina Zdunich, walks into the room. Zenna and Seleana both stand to meet her and Christina walks over to her wife, throwing her arms around her and bursting into tears.

Christina Zdunich: I’m sorry, please don’t leave me!

Seleana wraps her arms around her wife in return.

Seleana Zdunich: Leave you?

She kisses the top of Christina’s head.

Seleana Zdunich: Jag älskar dig, Estrellita. I am going nowhere.

Zenna cocks her head.

Zenna Zdunich: Do you really feel unloved?

Christina looks up and nods, tears still flowing. Seleana hugs her close and Zenna joins in.

Zenna Zdunich: Seleana loves you. That will always be enough for us. Li, Lis, Kels, they all feel the same. Maja as well. It is not a competition between you, Eavan and Maki. Maki is a family friend but that is all she is. She is a wonderful friend to have but so are you. You are family…

Christina looks up, looking almost childlike in the moment.  

Christina Zdunich: Really?

Zenna nods, Seleana doing likewise next to her.

Zenna Zdunich: Ja.

Seleana Zdunich: ¡Claro que sí!

Christina smiles, visibly touched by Seleana switching to Spanish for her.

Christina Zdunich: What about Eavan and Adriana?

Both sisters sigh heavily.

Seleana Zdunich: Addy needs to see more of what you are doing. You have made great strides but she does not see them because they are all in private. She has not seen what you have done with your mother, your daughter, your son. She has not seen you bond with HayJo or the reaction we all had when her father tried to ambush us in Oklahoma.

Zenna snarls, almost ready to spit in angry disgust.

Zenna Zdunich: Den jävla killen!

Seleana nods in agreement.

Seleana Zdunich: You will just have to let her see and ask nothing in return. Adriana has to be allowed to come around on her own or she will not come around at all. If you try to force it, she will resent you and fight back against it.

Christina nods slowly, still looking childlike in her wife’s arms.  

Christina Zdunich: Ok.

Zenna nods.

Zenna Zdunich: Eavan is mostly the same but she also is much like you. She has issues she is fighting and while she wins in private, that fight turns sometimes in public. You trigger each other when you try to force things. Eavan knows how Seleana feels about you but she was also there when you were having problems and saw how much it hurt Seleana. Eavan does not suffer such things easily. You hurt somebody close to her. It will take time for her to forgive this.

Christina nods again, her head lying against Seleana’s chest. Seleana kisses the top of her head.

Seleana Zdunich: Jag älskar dig, Stjärna. Nu och för evigt kommer jag alltid att älska dig.

Zenna smiles.

Zenna Zdunich: Come on, let’s go find Brittany and Halo and have a family moment while we wait for the show to start.

Christina looks up, smiling for the first time.

Christina Zdunich: I would like that.

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: I’m keen, let’s go.

On-Camera

Friday July 3, 2020
Hotel Gymnasium
South Tower
Layton Hotel
Rome, Georgia
6:32 PM  EDT

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich

Seleana Zdunich: In a little over an hour I have an opportunity I have been dreaming about since I entered this sport, but that opportunity is not what I am here to talk about right now.

She reaches behind her and picks up the SCW Bombshell Roulette Championship.

Seleana Zdunich: I am here to speak of this and the implications that come from my match-up on Sunday with Maki and Amber Ryan.

Lowering the championship belt so the camera can see her face, Seleana nods slowly.

Seleana Zdunich: Though, I may request permission to violate policy again to punt the King the way I am keen to do so on Teddy Warren. Jack Washington basically dismissed both Amber and I as nothing. Amber he called a depressed maniac and he said nobody cared when it came to me anymore. Maki he almost dismissed as all show but he qualified as if he’s slightly terrified of what could happen if he angers Daniella…

She looks down, nods to the championship belt in her grasp and then looks up the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: Well I already won this championship here, I hold a Trios championship in one other place and tonight I have my chance to claim tag team gold in a third. So take your “interesting” and shove it!  

She places the belt over her right shoulder as she glares into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: Maybe the three of us should pay you a visit before your main event, ja? I’d be keen to give you a lesson in respect and I would bet both Maki and Amber would be keen as well. If Amber is really just a depressed maniac then offering her a chance to commit policy-violating violence for free should appeal to her since if she did in this instance, I would pay her fine with a smile. I could show you En Kristen Rättighet …

She pauses to smirk momentarily.

Seleana Zdunich: You can ask Christian how it received its name.

The smirk vanishes as quickly as it arrived, replaced by the anger that had been there previously.  

Seleana Zdunich:  Then Maki could give you a Makihouse Kick and Amber could drop you on the concrete with the Original Sin and we’ll scrape up what’s left and deposit in the ring for Ben Jordan to put out of its misery! I will pay everyone’s fines…

Her left fist fires forward and she shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: För fan i helvete! I will pay double for this!

She switches the belt o ehr other shoulder and points accusingly with her right hand into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: Stick åt helvete, din jävla idiot!

She pauses, collecting herself.

Seleana Zdunich: As for the match itself.

She looks up and nods quickly.

Seleana Zdunich: I have been looking forward to wrestling on a show with Maki for two years!  She is an awesome family friend and I’m keen for the opportunity to team with her sometime down the line as well. She is an awesome competitor with that Makihouse Kick that can put down anyone! It will be an honor and a privilege to test myself against Maki.    

She pauses to bow to the camera respectfully.

Seleana Zdunich: Amber Ryan is someone I have only recently become aware of. Hers was a name I had heard in passing but was not that familiar with her exploits. I have looked into them and I feel now I owe her an apology for not being just as keen to meet her in the ring as was Maki! I am sorry, I should have been excited for this match and if Jack had not pissed all over it with his words of description, I would be thrilled at this prospect.

Her right hand balls into a fist.

Seleana Zdunich: I look at Maki and Amber and I cannot help but think to myself this could be a preview of something to come at Summer XXXTreme, especially if they keep the Ultimate X over a pool tradition. I can see the three of us being a part of that and letting it rip like never before!

She nods and looks up, picturing the possibilities.

Seleana Zdunich: The three of us, possibly three more, all fighting in midair for the championship belt currently over my shoulder. It would be…

She closes her eyes and takes it in as if a wonderful aroma has just floated by her.

Seleana Zdunich: Jävla vild!

She nods, opens her eyes and looks into the camera, a new wildness in her eyes.  

Seleana Zdunich: So I think the three of us should take that description of Jack’s and show him where it belongs.  We take it and shove his description and his expectations so far up his ass that he forgets he ever won a crown to make that description in the first place! I think we walk to that ring, Maki kicks, Amber rips and tears and I throw punches and we show him what happens when you take three survivors and put them together!

She nods pointedly.

Seleana Zdunich: That is what we are! We are three survivors because none of us should be here in this moment, in this match. Maki is a possessed woman who should have been destroyed so many times it cannot even be joked about. Amber should have literally died from many of her exploits and should never have lived to see this day. I’m a zookeeper who started late and probably should have been devoured either by one of my animal charges or by much more experienced fighters and yet, here we all stand. We are the wild side of life come screaming into view that everyone else wishes would just go away and yet…

She shakes her head slowly, angrily.

Seleana Zdunich: We refuse.

She points to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: We are the people others always point and laugh at and say cannot do things and yet we stand here, one of us a current champions dn two others that should be competing for them shortly!

She nods fiercely

Seleana Zdunich: It is time we show him the mistake he made in describing us like that and since this is more or less my home, I welcome you…

She holds the championship belt up high for the world to see.

Seleana Zdunich: Välkommen till djungeln!