Author Topic: Contemplation  (Read 420 times)

Offline StephenCallaway

• View Profile
    • Stephen Callaway
Contemplation
« on: April 24, 2020, 01:21:45 PM »
 We see Stephen Callaway sitting on the bed in a hotel room.

Stephen Callaway
"You want to hear an irony? I was reading on the Sin City website the other day and it says that 'Stephen Callaway is not a man to just to lay down and call it quits'.

However as I sit here, I find myself at a point of crisis.

See, I don't know if it's because I'm bored looking at this hotel room day after day or if it's something else. But I've been sat here for the last few days questioning, when I can go home, if I should go home and never come back.

Maybe I'm getting the message.

I can't win the Roulette Title. I can't win a number one contender match for said Roulette Title and I can't win the vast majority of my matches here in Sin City. My opponents love pointing out my win loss record. The marks on the internet and even those I would meet in public are all to willing to point it out.

So if, forgive the random numbers, I'm the twenty second best guy in a twenty five man roster what's to keep me here?

It's no secret that I'm close to forty. Most sports I watch they start subtly suggest it's time to retire if you turn thirty never mind forty. I mean when I was twenty, I'd fly all over and take loss after loss after loss. Yes the pay was shit and it probably cost more on gas than I was paid but I did it to gain the experience. These days I have the experience. Granted this is a business where I could live to three hundred and four and probably still learn something, but you get my point. Plus, I'll be honest because of where I live it's a three day weekend just to make a twenty minute match.

So I'm begining to wonder if it's worth taking three days a week out of my life, flying across oceans just to get a kicking and lose again and again."

He takes a drink from a mug with a picture of Elvis on it.

Stephen Callaway
"I don't know when this Covid thing will end. But let me paint a scenario. IF all the restrictions start getting lifted over May. IF I get to go home on June third. IF Sin City decide to give us a month or so off with our families while the world slowly gets back to normal. IF they announce the first card with a crowd will take place on the twenty second of July in, I don't know, Chicago or something. I can say right now that I've probably got an 80% chance that I'll lose that match. And that match is three or so months from now.

So why should I come back for it?

Where's the motivation to come back for it?

I'd have to leave my home, at the latest, on the twenty first. Maybe the twentieth to properly avoid jet lag. I have my match on the twenty second and then I won't get home until the twenty third. I'll be tired, I'll be sore and I'll probably come back with a loss.

So why should I do it?

I'm not going to quit right now. I can't go home. There's travel bans all over the place. Thus this fucking hotel. So I'm going to be with Sin City for the next month, six months, year, however long this Covid thing and the flight bans continue.

After that I don't know. Maybe I'll feel better about things by the time the flight ban is lifted. Maybe once I've seen my friends, my family I'll be in a much happier mood. Maybe it's the depression talking and I'll be better once life returns to something resembling normal."

Another drink from the mug.

Stephen Callaway
"Maybe I need to get some wins to make me feel better. Maybe this is my low point before I hit that run of form that leads to me fighting for the Sin City Title come December To Dismember.

Maybe that run of form will start this Sunday with Tiberius."

He sits forward closer to the camera.

Stephen Callaway
"Hate to be the one to break it to you mate, but there's clearly no God."

He leans back to where he was.

Stephen Callaway
"If there was, I doubt he'd be making his people live through this Corona virus. He certainly wouldn't be killing off the thousands that have died as a result of Covid-19. I'll even admit as sure as I sit here, I have prayed to him. Yet the fact that I sit here is proof that he either doesn't exist or is flat out ignoring me.

So what does that make you?

I'll tell you what. I've sat here and I'm pondering my future here in Sin City possibly due to a depression. But you? You've gone full on loco. Believing in some god that clearly doesn't exist. HA! The difference between you and my brother is he grew out of his imaginary friend as soon as his age hit double digits.

That said even before the Jesus cosplay took hold you were probably one of those lunatics that quoted 'the good book'. The damn thing is a joke! Most of the shit my 86 year old grandmother said, she was told by the Political Correct brigade she couldn't. Yet you and every other freak out there wants to tell my friends they can't live the life they want with who they please based on some book that was written fuck knows how many hundreds of years ago.

I may not be getting the results I want but maybe I'm at the low point of my own curve. Maybe it starts with Tiberius and I rise through the ranks that come 'July' I can't wait to come back because I'm riding such a wave of momentum. Plus I get to beat up some religious nut who is so willing to get into the ring and compete on his sabbath day of rest. Hypocrite.

So join me on Sunday for what may be the start of my farewell tour, what may be the start of my rise to the Sin City Title or what may just be a damn good wrestling match that you can watch when there's fuck all else on."

He walks over to the camera and the picture cuts out.