Author Topic: Homecoming  (Read 816 times)

Offline TrevorIrons

• View Profile
    • Trevor Irons
Homecoming
« on: January 03, 2013, 10:27:35 PM »
 Its a quiet night at the bar, but then again it is late on a Sunday night. The only ones left at the bar are the lifers and the guys that are hoping enough booze will erase what they did over the weekend. It is a somber affair except for one man laughing. As we find the source of the laughter it's Trevor Irons. He is leaning against the bar with a red face. The big mug of egg nog threatens to topple over at any moment. His fellow Young Lion, Max is next to him. His partner does not look nearly as happy and is more focused on his beer.

Trevor Irons: You got beat by a candy cane... and an ugly sweater!!

Max: Laugh it up. Go ahead. Keep laughing... I'll stick that candy cane where the sun doesn't shine...

Trevor: Whoa there, sorry man... I know it sucks... just kind of funny is all... but hey man its going to be okay.

Max: Trev, we're getting our butts kicked every week. That's two in a row. What the heck man?

Trevor: Well that is true, and that does suck. But you got to figure those were some crazy matches. And hey now we got a straight up tag team match. and man I know we always have a chance at a straight up tag team...come on man, cheer up your ruining my buzz.

Trevor slides a rum and eggnog over to Max. Max stares at the glass and chuckles.

Max: Smartass.

Trevor takes another drink and nods. Then his eyes light up and he slams down his festive drink.

Trevor: I know what is going to help us! Its going to save us. We have to go home. I mean we have like a month until this match, so we go home and regroup.

Max: New Brunswick? Really?

Trevor: YES man...we need to go to Canada and get knocked around by your crazy family AND we have to go to Missouri.

Max: Are the stories true about your family? I'm not too sure if that's the best idea...

Trevor laughs again and puts his arm around his partner. He has a big smile on his face.

Trevor: Of course...I mean I have been trying to get you to visit my home forever. You always come up with shit excuses...like your sick or your visa does not extend to Missouri. By the way I looked that shit up and it is not true. Come on man think of how much fun this is going to be.

Max: Fun? We've got Kain and Frost in a couple of weeks. I think focus would be better. But whatever, let's do this.

Trevor: Yes! Thats what I am talking about.

Trevor finishes his eggnog and motions to the bartender that he wants to pay up. He is already on his phone calling home while pulling out a wad of cash to pay up. Max looks much less excited slowly finishing his drink and mentally preparing himself for what Trevor has in store.

Trevor: This is great...oh man your going to love it in the Ozarks boy....just remember not to say anything about my momma’s boozin and don’t say anything about my uncles foot. Oh and don’t be thinking of dating any of my sisters, they have enough kids all ready.

Max: Like that will be hard. I bet they are all ugly like you.

Trevor: Bet you ten dollars you will eat those words.

Max puts his head in his hands and Trevor starts to drag him out of his stool. He then stops mid stride.

Trevor: Oh man can we do the Indiana Jones travelin thing with the old maps and crap.

Max: What are you smoking?

Trevor just laughs and heads out the door.

We fade out to a road map of California done in the style of Indiana Jones movies. We see a old beat up pick up truck winding a path towards Las Vegas. We even get treated to the theme from Indiana Jones for a couple moments until there is radio static followed by some country music.

The truck is replaced by a plane out of Vegas flying to Kansas City.

Outside the Kansas City airport Max and Trevor are lugging duffle bags looking for their ride. A very old looking WW2 motorcycle with a rider car. Driving it is a large man with an epic grey beard. He pulls up next to the Young Lions, hopping the curb. Both men jump back as the giant of a man climbs out. His left foot is missing.

Uncle Grady: How you’r momma then?

Max just looks at him with a confused look. He looks at the man and tries not to look at the lack of foot.

Trevor: He is just asking how you are. Thats just my crazy ass uncle.

Max: Good sir. A bit tired, but good. I'm Max... Max Burke.

Uncle Grady: Well come on ya’all, get in. Course one of you gonna have to ride in the bitch seat.

Max: I'm the guest. I'm not sitting in the "bitch" seat. All yours Trev.

Trevor: Oh come on man... it's my homecoming.

MAX responds and punches Trevor in the arm.

Trevor: You are such an ass.

Both men get on the bike, Trevor looks at the small side car and curses under his breath. He tries to go in one leg at a time but can’t seem to squeeze in and nearly falls out. Max just laughs as Trevor sort of stands in the car, then wiggles down until he is mostly in.

We return to map to see a more detailed map of Missouri. The bike drives through all sorts of side roads on its way to Trevor’s home. At some points it does not even appear to be on any maps and the bike makes frequent stops at dive bars along the way. Then after a long wandering journey it arrives just outside Clinton.

At the airport both team mates appeared tired but otherwise in good shape. After the journey they had both men are dusty, muddy and worn out. The trip does not seem to have affected old Grady at all. He has a big smile on his face and is just as dirty as he was when they started. The bike rides down a gravel road past a gate that appears to be made of old car parts. In the yard is statue of a T-Rex made out of car parts as well and what appears to be an old tank. As they get closer to the large house a small gang of barefoot children run out of the house cheering. They tackle Trevor as he tries to get himself out of the side car.

Trevor: These are my hellion nephews and nieces....

On the front porch stands a tall man with overalls and a blow torch. Next to him is a stout woman with wild red hair and three other women who are much younger. One has a baby on the hip but all three appear to have gotten the good family genes. Trevor struggles to stand with all the kids latched on to him. Max hops off the bike, takes one looks at Trevor’s sister and pulls out some cash. Trevor takes it with a laugh...

Trevor: Yep, told ya. Thats my mom and pa. My dad is the one who makes the metal works. My mom mostly drinks and cooks but she is great at both.

Max: So... what's the deal? What are we doing first?

Trevor: Mostly some drinking, and lots of eating. Listen man I know you're all work and no play but we need a few days to just chill out... and around here you really have no choice.

Four days, five cases of beer, three pies and a whole lot of good country food later Max and Trevor are walking some far off trail on the edge of his property. Both men look a lot more relaxed and Max might even be smiling.

Max: Damn it, Trevor. Your family is awesome. This is exactly what we needed.

Trevor: See I told you. Now that we are recharged we can go up to Canada, take our licks and learn a thing or two.

Max: Yeah, we'll head out in the morning. Licks is an understatement by the way. Hope you're ready for MY family.

Trevor: Yep there is just one more thing I got to show you.

The two men reach a small cave cut into one of the large hills that the locals call knobs. The cave looks just big enough for a grown man to crawl though and that appears to be what Trevor intends to do.

Max: Really!? Come on man. No. Not doing it.

Trevor: Listen man, just trust me... and anyways I rode in that damn sidecar... this is the least you can do.

Max: You suck. Let's go.

The two men crawl into the cave. For ten minutes or so they are crawling in mostly darkness trying not to get to cold and wet. Then suddenly the small tunnel opens up to a large cave. The cave reaches up all the way to the top of the knob where daylight tries to reach the bottom of the cave that is littered with rocks. It is a stunning sight and Max is impressed.

Max: Okay. This is cool. Why are we here again?

Trevor: When I was about to go off to wrestling school this is where I came. I just sat here and thought about things. I guess it sort of inspired me.

Max: You're not going to give me a pep talk are you?

Trevor: Shit man I guess so. Listen man I know we are going to go hang out with your uncles. They are going kick our butts and we are going to talk all sorts of strategy. That is good stuff man because Kain and Frost are good fighters.

Max: Damn good.

Trevor: Right... and that is my point. I mean we are going to need to be fighting at our best but that is not enough. We also have to have crazy heart and iron will man and I wanted to take you here...just to make sure you have it in you man.

Max: You're questioning my heart man? Really Trev? We've just had some bad luck. You don't have to worry about my heart or will brother. I've got your back.

Trevor: Damn right brother... I mean I know we can do this. Kain and Frost are great fighers. Shit man I don’t know if I could beat Kain most nights, one on one. Frost is mad man up top just like me. But here is what I know... they are not a team yet. They are strong fighters, but we are a stronger team. They are not going up against just you or just me.. they are facing both of us.

Max: Exactly man. It's going to be a matter of taking our teamwork to the next level. We need to get to that point where we don't have to say a damn thing. We need to read each other's minds in there.

Trevor scrambles up a nearby rock and looks upwards.

Trevor: You hear that Frost! Kain!! You can’t beat us!

Suddenly there is the sound of several screeches as countless bats start flying out from their little sleepy places. Trevor curses as he hops off the rock and Max dives down. After a few moments the bats have all flown off and Trevor starts laughing.

Max: Man...I hate you Trevor.

Trevor: Yeah, yeah I know.

The camera fades to black as Trevor helps Max up off the ground.