Author Topic: Confidence boost.  (Read 877 times)

Offline Vixen

• The Fox
    • View Profile
    • Vixen
Confidence boost.
« on: June 15, 2012, 11:53:45 PM »
 Sweat drips and pools on the hard wooden bench that is straddled by a woman who looks angrily at the floor for the moment.  Everything is silent in the room with nothing to distract her as she slowly works her shoulder in a tight circle then lets her neck roll with a slight creaking sound as if she had cracked a knuckle.

To one side, a person is standing and watching Vixen, concern on his face.  “You are taking this way too hard Vixen, snap the hell out of it,” comments the man as he moves closer and puts a hand on her shoulder.

“Funny you can say that,” she offers as she rolls the hand off.  “You didn’t just get your title shot screwed by a woman’s husband.   I should have gotten at least dinner and a movie for that!”   The bitter laughter sounds brittle as she looks up.

“Ha ha babe, you’re funny,” replies the man as he sits behind Vixen, his fingers beginning to rub at her shoulders.  Once again, Vixen lets her head drop, a soft moan escaping as the massage begins to loosen the tension.  “So, I saw what happened, wanna talk about it?”

“Nuh uh,” mutters Vixen as she enjoys the rubbing on her shoulders.  “I would rather talk about Into the Void that’s coming up.  Tonight’s fiasco is already in the past for me, time to move forward if you ask me.”

With those words, Vixen briskly starts to wipe her hands clean only to let them fall into her lap as her shoulders droop.  A rather weary sigh escapes her and her head falls forward.  “What the hell am I doing Dev?”  The voice coming from Vixen seems almost uncertain as she looks upwards at the man behind her.

“You,babe, are kicking ass and taking names just like you have all the time I have known ya,” Dev replies after placing a kiss on the nape of Vixen.  Using her shoulders he spins her upper body around and holds one finger under her chin as he tilts her head upward.  “So you lost one title tonight, doesn’t mean that you aren’t going to win the Bombshells title at Into the Void.  Trust me Vix, I know you are getting to Misty.  Hell, you are the only one that could make that…*cough* witch *cough* a loser.”

Vixen’s response is cut off by Dev’s lips as they settle against hers.  Pulling away finally, Vixen gently strokes the cheek of the man then pats it.  “Trust you to know just what I need,” she teases before bringing her lips back to his for the barest of moments.  Getting to her feet, she reaches inside the open locker and pulls out a towel and a bunch of clothes.  “Tell you what Dev, I am going to let you buy me dinner and stroke my ego some more,” she offers.

“As long as dinner involves a Big Mac and coke I gotcha covered,” replies Dev which only brings a laugh to Vixen as she heads towards the showers.  Dev follows and leans against the wall beside the showers as Vixen disappears behind it.  “So…what’s this Misty’s deal you were ranting about?”

Over the sound of the water, Vixen calls out.  “She calls herself the only true bombshell in the federation, like she owns the Bombshell division.  Like she is the be all and end all of bombshell,” replies Vixen before she ducks her head under the streaming water.  Straightening out of the shower Vixen shakes her head free of water.  “And you know what, she does have some skills in the ring but what she doesn’t believe is that I have my own skills.”

Dev crosses his arms over his chest, one shoulder still against the wall.  “Really Vix, what is wrong with her?  She isn’t taking you seriously when I know that is the worst possible thing she could do,” he offers.  “I mean I saw you beat men for sobbing out loud.  Speaking of...when are you getting back into that kind of match?”

Vixen chuckles, “I am not getting back into that kind of match anytime soon because I had to retire my cruiserweight ambition for the moment since they have me criss crossing the country kicking the cellulite for every diva in SCW and NYDW.”  Grabbing a bar of soap, Vixen begins to lather it across her damp body.  “I am going to be so ready at Into the Void.  Ready to show Misty that as much as she is trying to get under my skin, I am going to let her get that much deeper under my skin and let it fuel my desire that much more in the match.”

Dev smiles as he can hear the confidence beginning to creep into the voice of Vixen as the water is turned off.  Reaching for the towel, he hands it to Vixen who wraps it around herself then steps into view.

“You know Dev, I think you just might have to spend more than a Big Mac and a coke...I think I am going to need a fry with that,” she teases.  “After all, I am going to be the Bombshells champion.”

The man laughs as he moves to embrace Vixen as the scene fades out.

I am done Misty, done worrying about you thinking that you are getting to me.  This isn’t going to be me sitting here talking trash and trying to intimidate you because you know what, I don’t play those games.  Instead Misty, let me tell you something that might surprise you.  Or so you will claim.

I AM NOT SCARED OF YOU!

You talk a great game and yeah, you have the skills but honestly, every time you talk, you tell me that I am not going to beat you, that I don’t stand a chance at Into the Void but what happens if I do get the win?

That’s right Misty...the sun does shine on a dog’s rear sometimes and maybe it is my turn to feel that heat when I actually step into the ring and look across at you and smile.  That smile Misty is going to make you wonder what I could have to smile about.  A little secret, it is because when all is said and done, I got to you first.

That’s right Misty, I got to you.  I was your replacement in the New XTremes.  I was the one that Spike recruited because you weren’t worth it.  Did he even ask you to be part of it or did he know that you weren’t a value to the team?  Guess you will never know because in your infinite stupidity, you turned your back on probably something that was the best part of your life.  

It isn’t Spike you have to worry about Misty, it is me that is stepping in the ring.  Me that feels sorry for you because all you have is a pyromaniacal Gilligan that will for all intents and purposes do what she needs to so you can keep your title.  And trust me, you aren’t woman enough to win this fight on your own.

I’m coming for the title Misty.  Into the Void is gong to see a change of champion...
>