Author Topic: 2014 - Start as you mean to go on  (Read 426 times)

Offline Ben Jordan

• View Profile
2014 - Start as you mean to go on
« on: January 10, 2014, 10:15:15 AM »
 2014, another year gone, another year passed, another year where everyone will tell themselves they'll be better off this year. Some will show determination, some will know it doesn't matter what the year is, what will be, will be. 2013 was a great year for Ben Jordan, championships, Super J Cup, helping pull ACW in to popularity alongside the likes of Drake Green, Simon Jones, Mickey Carroll....

Ben's face appears on screen, shaking his head fast.

Ben: Narrator fella, lets not mention that ginger tosser, eh? While I was winning titles, he was getting beat up by Trauma, so shush.

If you say so Ben. Anyway, how to top something like 2013 when so much was done...

Ben: I'll just be happy booting the ginger one, and his new bum chum in the bollocks repeatedly, that will make 2014 something special.

Really Ben?

Ben: Really Mr Narrator. By the way, anyone else noticed this narrator sounds a bit like Kenny Chisholm?

Ben winks at the camera

Ahem, moving on Ben. So 2014, what side of the fence is Ben Jordan really on? The determination side, where he will try and make 2014 something special, or has he accepted that 2014 is just a number?

Reno, Nevada, forth most popular city in Nevada.

You got that from wiki, eh?

Ben: Yes Ken... ummm, narrator. It's what it's there for and it's proof I research. Back to the script eh?

Ok, ok. The home of half a million people, but this week, Sin City Wrestling comes to Reno, and man are they coming in hot. Sin City Wrestling's popularity has grown constantly over the past months and Supercards have been the talking point of social media for a while. Some wrestlers embrace a new city, getting out and meeting the fans, seeing what the nightlife has to offer, some just sit in a hotel room constantly with their laptops.

Ben: Boring bastards.

The Cockney King has never been one for sitting in hotel rooms, when there's a whole world of fun out there.

Fading in to Ben Jordan, he stands looking under an arch, brightly lit up with the words "Reno - The biggest little city in the world". Ben looks at the flashing lights from signs all around him, muttering to himself.

Ben: This looks like the dogs bollocks of a place to be.

Ben pulls his phone out his pocket, quickly jumping on to Twitter and typing in a message.

Ben: Let's see what Reno has to offer, shall we?

Ben mutters to himself as he drops the phone back in to his pocket. Ben strolls under the Reno Arch.

Just found out the name of it, eh?

Ben: Yep.

Ben strolls on, turning his head to watch a street performer, a man holding two sharp, narrow swords. He holds the swords above his head as he tilts it back, before swallowing the sword.

Ben: Man, Christian Underwood would love this fella.

Ben looks at the camera.

Ben: What? He really would.

Ben looks at the clapping, appreciative crowd, his eyes darting from face to face as some look on in pure wonder at what they see. Ben smiles, turning away as his phone buzzes in his pocket. He pulls it out and reads a message.

Ben: Ah, Drake's just made it to Reno, and wants to drink. What could possibly go wrong?

Ben taps out a quick reply before putting the phone back in his pocket and continues to walk along the road a little. He stops as a man holds a stick in front of him, burning bright with fire on the top of it, just five feet away from Ben. The man breathes on the flame, causing the fire to burst out in a ball, above Ben's head. Ben steps back a little.

Ben: Turn it in son, coulda took me bloody eyebrows off.

Ben rubs his eyebrows, just to check that they're still there, sighing with relief as he feels them beneath his fingers.

Ben: With the amount of gel and products I got on me barnet, coulda set me on fire.

For the non Cockney speaking people amongst you, barnet means hair.

Ben looks at the camera.

Ben: Wiki?

No, http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/

Ben: Good site.

Ben looks back at the fire breather, spitting out flames towards other people. Ben shakes his head, but can't help but smile.

Ben: Gotta be a health and safety issue with this geezer, surely.

Ben continues to stroll down the street, looking up the road to the crowds. He scratches his head as he looks for a certain place.

Ben: Now I know that Edge Nightclub is along this road and that's is where SCW people will be heading tonight, because that is where the show is and most are staying at the resort it's right by.

Wiki?

Ben: Google maps actually. I know I'm staying there, I know Emma is already there, getting a massage or something, whatever birds do when they're on their own.

Ben points at the camera.

Ben: Leave it! It's middle aged blokes that end up on their own in any situation and think "must have a wank". Don't think birds are like that.

Emma's there and you're not?

Ben: We're not chained at the arse Ken.... narrator. She flew in from a different place to me today, she checked it, I got lost.

In a bar?

Ben: Maybe but I know she's there, and I'm walking down the road, talking to a bloke no one can see, and these people think I'm a bit Radio Rental.

Hold on, let me check that one..... erm, mental?

Ben: Three points to you son.

Ben continues walking, only for a string of belly dancers to dance across his path. Ben's head jolts back and forth as he watches them pass.

Ben: Only in Reno, eh?

Vegas too.

Ben: Ok, only in Vegas and Reno then smart arse.

Ben strolls down the road further, to see the flashing lights of a sign that says "Edge Nightclub".

Ben: And boom! Here we are.

You got down that 2.2 mile road pretty quickly. This says forty three minutes.

Ben: Looks like I'm not the only one who knows how to use Google maps, eh?

Ummmm.

Ben: Besides, I'm Superman you know.

Ben winks at the camera as the camera cuts in to the Edge Nightclub.

AN HOUR LATER.

The club is thumping with heavy dance music. In the distance, the SCW ring is tapped off for security reasons, and bouncers stand around it. Ben Jordan stands at the bar, the flashing lights bouncing off his white shirt buttoned up shirt, and grey suit pants. Ben leans at the bar, looking relatively sober as his hand wraps around a bottle of beer. Drake Green approaches, putting his hand on Ben's shoulder. Ben turns around to see Drake, giving him the thumbs up and turns back to a nearby member of the nightclub bar staff and holds up two fingers..... peace sign, not an up yours sign... and the male turns away.

Ben: Drake!

Drake taps his ear, the music drowning out Ben's voice.

Drake: What? Can't hear ya!

Ben: What? Can't hear ya!

The man returns, putting two beers on the bar, and Ben slides one in Drakes direction. Drake picks up the bottle of beer and uses his free hand to give Ben a thumbs up. Ben picks up his bottle and knocks it against Drake's. The two men drink and Ben points over to a free booth. Drake nods and Ben picks up his new bottle of beer, leaving his old one on the bar and the two make their way over towards the booth. Both men sit opposite each other, and the music seems to have quiet down a little from before.

Ben: Bloody hell, it's loud and bright in here.

Drake: I saw the tweet.

Drake reaches in to his shirt pocket, pulling out sunglasses and sliding them across the table to Ben. Ben picks up the sunglasses and puts them on.

Ben: Now be honest, do I look like a mong for wearing sunglasses in a nightclub?

Drake tries to keep straight face, shaking his head.

Drake: You look fine.

Drake picks up his beer, taking a sip. His attention turns to two females dancing nearby.

Ben: I wouldn't son.

Drake: Why not?

Ben points his beer bottle at the two ladies.

Ben: She's clearly a West End Thespian.

Drake looks confused.

Drake: A what?

Ben: A lesbian son, thinks all todgers are evil, but still has sex toys shaped like a todge.

Drake scratches his head.

Drake: How do you know?

Ben: Well if you look closely enough, you'll see that the blonde has her hand so far up the other ones arse, she could be using her as a ventriloquists doll.

Drake slowly nods his head.

Ben: Now I'm not being funny, but I wouldn't be putting my hand that far up someone's arse, unless I expect them naked later.

A waitress walks past and Drake gets her attention. He whispers something in her ear and she nods and walks off. Ben picks up his beer, taking a gulp.

Ben: What was that all about?

Drake feigns innocence

Drake: Nothing to worry about.

Ben bursts out in a fit of laughter, pointing behind Drake. Drake turns around to see a man dancing on his own, no one close to him as he spins around, grabbing himself by the crotch and hip thrusting. Drake starts to laugh as the man seems to tighten his grip on that area.

Ben: He's having a go on his bollocks like he's got the Sandy's.

Drake turns back to Ben, one eyebrow raises.

Drake: The Sandy's?

Ben: Sandy McNabs..... crabs. He grabs them anymore, he'll get nicked for public indecency.

Drake smiles and nods as the female returns with a tray full of full shot glasses and places them on the table. Drake reaches in to his pocket and passes a hundred dollar bill to the waitress.

Drake: Keep the change.

Ben scratches his head.

Ben: Whoa!

Drake: Don't worry about it. Appearance money, so these are on the boss. By the way Ben, the ACW title.

Ben holds up a hand.

Ben: Look, don't worry about it, I was pissed off at the time that my title got handed away, but beating Trauma and your upcoming victory against Cyrus King, you're doing a good job with it.

Drake: Thanks.

Ben: You would have beat me for the bloody thing eventually anyways.

Drake: Sooner or later, he's gonna throw you at me anyway.

Ben: Been there, done that, had the match of the bloody year. That match lifted ACW to the next level.

Drake: I'll drink to that.

Ben looks apprehensively as Drake points to the shot glasses.

Ben: I shouldn't, bad things happen to me when I drink shots. Usually end up in me pants making a complete tit of myself.

Drake picks up a shot glass and puts it in front of Ben.

Ben: I shouldn't.

Drake: Do it! Do it! Do it!

Ben puts his fingers around the glass.

Drake: Come on, stop being a girl about it.

Ben: Alright, alright, keep ya Elvis!

Drake looks blankly at Ben.

Ben: Means keep ya hair on.

Drake nods and looks at Ben with a straight face.

Drake: What's the worst that could happen?

Ben nods.

Ben: Yeah, one won't kill me.

Ben picks up the shot glass and takes the shot. Putting it back down on the table.

Ben: Yeah, that didn't hurt.

THE NEXT MORNING.

Lying next to the pool in the Peppermill resort, Ben Jordan is face down, wearing what seems to be boxers and a white shirt. Water drips off Ben as he lays on a red covered sun lounger. Emma Rose and Jordan Williams walk on to the scene.

Emma: Told you it would be him.

Jordan: How can you tell? He's not even facing us.

Emma starts to turn light red as she stares across at Ben.

Emma: Doesn't matter.

The two walk towards Ben.

Jordan: Ben, wakey wakey.

Incoherent mumbling comes from Ben's direction as he rolls over. His shirt looks buttoned up wrong and on the front of his boxers, the face of Fred Flintstone is seen.

Jordan: Damn bro, you look a mess, nice boxers though.

Ben slowly tries to open his eyes, blocking the light with his hands.

Ben: Jessie Salco has her different metal shirts, I have funky pants.

Emma sits on the edge of the sun lounger, her hand on Ben's chest.

Emma: What happened to you last night?

Ben: I'm not sure, all I really remember is drinking with Drake and bumping in to Jason Adams, asking where he could buy a Harlem shake from.

Emma starts to undo Ben's buttons on his shirt.

Ben: Darling, I'm all for doing it in public, but Jordan is standing right there.

Ben points in the opposite direction from Jordan.

Emma: I was sorting your shirt out, but now you can do it yourself.

Emma playfully hits Ben on the chest and turns away pouting.

Ben: Ouch, right in the tit!

Ben half sits up but quickly lays back down.

Ben: Ben sleepy, Ben stay here with naughty minded redhead taking off his shirt.

Emma turns and hits Ben in the chest again.

Ben: OOOOOOO other tit that time.

Jordan: Bro, we got promo work to do, need to wake your ass up.

Ben: My arse is asleep and the rest of me wants to catch up.

Ben rolls over, turning his back to Jordan and Emma, but a smile crosses Emma's face as she stands up. She looks at Jordan and to the pool. Jordan nods and smiles and moves towards Ben. He reaches down and with one quick movement, lifts Ben off the sun lounger.

Ben: Hey!

Jordan moves towards the pool and throws Ben in water, causing a huge splash! Ben eventually resurfaces and looks at a laughing Emma and Jordan. Ben spits water out of his mouth.

Ben: Wankers!

Jordan: Woke you up though bro.

Ben: You just wanna see me walk out the water like a Bond chick or something!

Ben swims to the side.

Ben: Help me out.

Ben puts his hand up towards Emma, but Emma shakes her head.

Emma: I know what ya gonna do. I wasn't born yesterday.

Ben pulls himself out of the water and opens his arms to Emma.

Ben: How about a big hug?

Emma backs off, her hands out in front of her.

Emma: Not until you dry off.

Ben turns to Jordan.

Ben: How about you big man?

Jordan shakes his head.

Jordan: Not a chance.

Ben looks disappointed.

Ben: Aw well, might as well do this promo stuff.

Ben clicks his fingers and the scene freezes. He moves next to Emma, kissing her on the cheek before looking down the camera.

Ben: What? Haven't seen her for a bit, I miss her when I don't see or hear from her. What I learned from 2013, is that we never know what's around the corner. One minute you could have the world, the next minute, the world could crash down around ya lug holes.

Ben points to his ears.

Ben: So be happy with what ya have. Things might not last forever and the people you thought would be there forever, may not be. Show appreciation while you can.

Ben turns away from Emma and looks in to the camera.

Ben: There's some words of wisdom there, but it's true, be glad of what you have and be looking for what you want next. I look around at what I have, and I'm glad of it, I'm thankful for it, but it's the little things in life, that make it worth it. Putting a smile on that girls face....

Ben points to Emma behind him.

Ben: I'd walk across broken glass with bare feet to put a smile on her face. Picking up victories with that legend there....

Ben points to Jordan.

Ben: Would take on Satan himself one on one. Appreciation doesn't take a lot in a world full of bullshit and lies. Being nice to people you want in your life is a tiny price to pay, when you look at all the bollocks going on that effects people. These two here, they are what I appreciate and they drive me on in life and in wrestling.

Ben pauses for a second.

Ben: In life, life is pretty good. I mean years went past and now I've found my princess again, my first love, life is a big arse ray of sunshine, but in wrestling, things are about to get better. Let's leave the Miami grease, and the paddy tosspot out of things and look at the bigger picture, the Picasso so to speak. The ultimate goal is the tag titles, and we have to prove ourselves against everyone to get up that mountain faster than grease and tosspot, and come Sunday, we have a match against a team that blew apart the legacy and undefeated streak of Sinful Obsession and that was no easy task.

Ben flicks his fingers through his hair, pushing the water on to his now see through white shirt.

Ben: Blood Omen, the return of the famous team, the team that shocked the world not too long ago, by ripping the tag titles out of the hands of a dominant team. Kain, a champion in two divisions, Lucian Frost, a champion in two divisions, these two men, have it all. Anger, aggression, mystery, every style of wrestling. Between them, they can shoot, they can brawl, they can be technical and they can fly. These two are the ultimate test for any team that think they're the dogs bollocks. Well the thing is, me and Jordan, we don't think we're the dogs bollocks, we know we're the dogs bollocks, we know that everything they can do, we can do too. I admit, I don't put people through tables for the sake of it like Kain does, and I don't wear a mask like Lucian Frost does, but in that ring, I can do exactly what they do.

Ben wipes the water from his forehead.

Ben: Dripping like a bird at a Chippendales show.

Ben shakes his head, the water flying everywhere.

Ben: I have big time respect for our opponents, big time, massive, huge respect for them, but lets be honest, we all wanna kick off our first match of the year with a victory, and we all want 2014 to be our year. 2013 was my year fellas, and to me, 2014 is going to top that. Here's what you can expect from me, you can expect a high pace, you can expect me putting my heart, soul and bollocks in to every single match I fight in. You can expect me to give it my all, because I got a shit load to live up to from the last twelve months and I got a big time journey to start. There is no road down for me, only up and Blood Omen, as much as I respect what you've done, it's time for you lot to move on out of the driving seat and let us in. It's time to say goodbye to the old and ring in the new, it's what we do every year and this isn't gonna be any different.

Ben smiles

Ben: Mr narrator wanted to know what side of the fence I am on. If I'm gonna be determined or just let this year be just a number. I think this shows that I am gonna be determined. You two are the ultimate test, but it's a test me and Jordan are going to pass with flying colours.

Ben turns back to Jordan and Emma.

Ben: Anyway, as nice is this is, there's a bit of a breeze blowing on the Southern front if you know what I mean, and I'll admit it, scared of icicles on me knob, so gotta love ya and leave ya. Blood Omen, see ya Sunday geezers.

Ben winks.

Ben: Laters all.

Ben clicks his fingers, causing Jordan and Emma to unfreeze. Ben quickly lifts Emma up in to his arms.

Emma: Don't even think about it.

Ben: Too late, already thought about it.

Ben moves towards the pool with Emma in his arms as the scene fades out.
>

Cockney King.
SCW World Heavyweight Champion
SCW Internet Champion
SCW Roulette Champion
SCW Tag Team Champion (3x)
SCU Underground champion
ACW's only Triple Crown Champion.
Super J Cup Winner 2013.
Twitter: @CockneyKingBen