Author Topic: Vengeance Will Have To Wait  (Read 413 times)

Offline Guns For Hire

• View Profile
Vengeance Will Have To Wait
« on: January 03, 2014, 11:56:23 PM »
 Footage of the match between Guns for Hire and The Saviours is shown, the controversial ending with the Steel Chair being involved, Ramone and King coming down to fend the dominant group off leaving the unlikely foursome standing in the middle of the six sided ring. The footage fades to black.

The scene opens just as Landon Axel walks through the certain to the backstage area, Ethan Brody looks like a man on the warpath, slamming his fisted hand against the concrete wall, Landon walks a few paces behind with the palm of his hand pressed against his forehead. Ethan slams the door open to the changing room and without thinking grabs the nearest chair and throws it across the room, Landon looks bemused as his bag had been placed on that chair as he watches his items scatter across the floor, Ethan begins the pace back and forth with Landon carefully shutting the door behind him.

Landon Axel
You do know my stuff was on that chair?

Ethan doesn’t acknowledge the sarcastic question posed to him, continuing to pace backwards and forwards, Axel walks over and begins to pick some of his items up.

Landon Axel
‘I’m sorry Landon’

Landon mocks Ethan

Landon Axe;
Oh that’s quiet alright Ethan, I understand you’re frustrated at the outcome of the match, steel chair to each of our heads can be infuriating. But thank you for apologising, that was very big of you.

Axel reaches over to his bag, sliding it across the floor to his bend down knee, he then places his items back into the semi-empty bag.

Landon Axel
‘I’m being a complete and utter douchbag right now, pacing back and forth, I’ll pay for any broken items and the next few rounds are on me!’

Landon glances over at the last bits of his items.

Landon Axel
What a civilized gesture, Ethan, I am taken back by your sincere and kind nature. I shouldn’t accept but I cannot get over the damage of my iPad 3, iPhone 5s and the 60 inch 3D television that went hurtling across this room.. Oh look my Cartier watch has been damaged too! This is going to be expensive, are you sure you can afford this?

Landon smirks as he begins to mock Ethan again.

Landon Axel
‘I’m sure, LA, You’re a dear friend who looks after me and I want to repay the favour..’

Landon zips up his back and gets to his feet.

Landon Axel
I am lost for words…

Landon looks over to Ethan, who had now stopped pacing, Axel smiles awkwardly as he realised Ethan had overheard his pretend conversation. Landon thought Brody was deep in thought. He was wrong.

Landon Axel
I’m guessing you heard most of that…

Ethan nods.

Landon Axel
..Yeah I thought you did. Well good I’m happy you did, I know you’re angry but I was the one who originally got the chair shot. My head is pounding. I have the right to be angry too.

Ethan glares at Landon.

Landon Axel
Saviours ruined a great match between us, they wanted to show this promotion what they’re capable of, but we pissed on their little parade with our return and we’d of shown the mysterious group one thing or another here tonight! Guns for Hire are back! We beat the saviours!

Ethan Brody
Those bastards took a chair to our craniums! They used their boots to stub us out like cigarettes and then to top it all off, they PILEDRIVE us and you’re getting all pissy about your poxy bag? I want to find the Pandora family..

He slams his fist against the wall once again and lets out an almighty roar.

Landon Axel
Relax, Ethan, we’d both knew something like this was going to happen and like predicted it happened. Don’t let them get under your skin, remember Scott said they’re finished with SCW! Their little path of destruction was as successful as John McClain’s presidential candidate rally.

Ethan looks slightly bemused as L.A.’s comment.

Ethan Brody
John McClain’s presidential candidate rally? Is that the best line you could come up with?

Landon Axel
I’ve had a tough night so give me a break!  

Landon picks the steel chair up and folds it up.

Landon Axel
If you want revenge we could search this whole place in the hope to find them, show them why we’re the best hired team in the promotion, only this time it would be free and it will make you feel better.

Ethan nods his head whilst listening to Axel

Ethan Brody
Nothing would make me happier than putting my foot onto Scott Pandora’s face, stopping his teeth down his throat, taking that chair to wrap it around Jaspers neck and using a lead pipe to smash down on the chair. Taking that dim-witted Katu and showing him what it means to ‘Kill’ as we kill the saviours once and for all!

Axel smiles

Landon Axel
Then let’s do this thing!

Ethan Brody
Do you really think they’re hiding in this arena? After being seen off by ourselves, Ramone and King? I’m sure Scott is smart enough to stay away from the rest of the show. That is why I’m angry, LA,   seething and snarling at the fact I’m going to have to wait until next week!

Landon unfolds the chair and places it on the ground, he sits down on the chair resting his chin in the palms of his hands, his fingers resting on his cheeks as he looks at his pissed off partner.

Landon Axel
Even if we’re not booked, you know how it is in SCW, sometimes you’re booked a couple of weeks and then next it’s work one week and return in a fortnight.

Ethan Brody
They deserve a special visit, Landon, do you honestly think I’m going to let this slide? I know Max Burke is probably standing first in the queue after being put out by them several months ago, but we’re amongst those who want that bit of revenge. Saviour’s maybe “Done” but I’m far from done with them!

Landon Axel
So I’m guessing you’re going to be stewing on this for a fair while then?

Ethan doesn’t respond.

Landon Axel
I’m going to take that as a yes then. Brilliant… Juuuust Brilliant!

Ethan walks over to his bag and reaches inside, Landon leans back on his chair and rests his foot on his thigh, the scene begins to fade away to black.
The scene reopens several days later to Ethan Brody standing in his apartment, which is situated above his bar, Ethan takes a few steps forward towards the window. Ethan Gazes out at the passing cars, taking several sips from his beer bottle, Ethan hears the sound of a motorcycle and sees the modified motorcycle of Landon Axel pulling up outside. Brody sighs as he walks into his bathroom and pulls the light switch. He gazes into the mirror to see the tired looking man staring back at him, bags underneath his eyes, his beard untrimmed and stubble appear on his normally bald head. Ethan doesn’t look at his eyes, staring at the bullet hole scars in his chest, placing the tips of his right hand over them and remembers the day he received them. The Blood curdling screams, the faces of his platoon lost all those years ago, the sight of blood seeping through is uniform. Brody closes his eyes tightly and steps over to the toilet to urinate.
Landon steps of his bike with a ginormous smile on his face, rushes over to the bar door and slams his fists against the door, stepping back to see if he could get a glimpse of his partner in his apartment. Landon continues to bang on the door.

Landon Axel
OPEN UP, ETHAN!

Ethan flushes the toilet and steps out into his living area, grabbing his beer bottle and finishing it off before heading down into the bar, unbolting the door and stepping over towards the bar. Landon steps inside with a smile from ear to ear.

Landon Axel
I have news for you!

Ethan steps behind the bar and pulls up a bottle of scotch, unscrewing the cap and pours the amber liquid into a glass, Landon walks over to the bar and reaches for the glass but Ethan picks it up and downs it. Ethan smirks as Landon looks slightly disheartened but the smile remains.

Landon Axel
I’ve got a call about our next match, it is going to be on the first Climax Control of 2014!

Ethan Brody
Against the Saviours?

Landon shakes his head

Landon Axel
Even better!

Ethan Brody
Scott Pandora? A handicap match which is me versus the saviours?

Landon is taken back as he shakes his head

Landon Axel
I’m pretty sure I said ‘our’ but no, it’s even better!

Ethan places the glass down and refills it

Ethan Brody
Not interested then.

Landon Axel
I think you will be interested in it, we’re going to be in the first Main Event of the year! We’re Main Eventing 2014 for Sin City Wrestling!

Ethan takes a small swig from his drink.

Landon Axel
And that isn’t the best bit! We’re wrestling for the chance to become Sin City Wrestling’s Tag Team Champions!

Ethan lowers the glass from his lips.

Ethan Brody
Are you sure? You haven’t read it wrong?

Landon Axel
How can I read a phone call? …anyways, we’re challenging for the championships! Am I the only one excited here?

Ethan finishes the rest of his drink and slams the glass onto the counter.

Ethan Brody
So you’re telling me that we’re going to wrestle Jon Dough and Aaron Matthews for the Championships in just our second match back?

Landon Axel
It might seem soon in the eyes of the champions or perhaps the fans, but look at it like this, they needed a double ladder match to decide the reigning champions in the first place! Jon Dough wasn’t too fused about getting a championship match and he reigns supreme with Matthews. There hasn’t been a collective team that has dominated the tag scene since Sinful Obsession or Blood Omen! Sure there have been other teams holding the straps like James Huntington-Hawkes III and Heavyweight Champion Giani Di Luca, but nothing of the calibre of Sinful Obsession or Blood Omen! We could mark 2014 as the start of the TAG TEAM REVOLUTION!

Ethan glares at his partner, not really impressed with his selling points, he begins to pour another glass for himself.

Landon Axel
If we defeat the current champions, look at the teams that could challenge us, Ben Jordan and Jordan Williams, Mickey Carroll and Jimmy Ringo, A Lethal Lottery Team, the surf boys… Even The Saviours!

Ethan stops pouring the liquid in mid-stream.

Landon Axel
We want to extract revenge on the saviours, right? What better way to do so then being the SCW Tag Team Champions, they challenge to become champions and they wouldn’t risk being disqualified against us if they want to do as they say. We’d be able to destroy them once and for all! We’d prove why we came to Atlantic Championship Wrestling’s forefront in the first place, we’d prove why Sin City Wrestling invested in our serves too. We’ve had a long hiatus and it’s our prolonged time to shine! 2014 will be the year SCW sees an uprising in tag team wrestling, beating the champions will prove that!

Ethan places the bottle down on the counter, leaning his forearms against the bar, looking curiously at his partner who continues to beam in happiness.

Ethan Brody
I’m getting the subtle hint that you want me to focus on this match rather than go seeking revenge against the saviours?

Landon Axel
Would you rather go after Saviours or would you focus and become the Tag Team Champions, being the top team in SCW, making the championships a title worth having rather than adding it to the checklist of becoming a grand-slam champion? I know which one I’d rather do but you’re very headstrong and I’m not going to step in-between you and your vendetta.

Ethan takes a small sip from his drink.

Landon Axel
I’m not going to press you for an answer but think about it, yeah?

Landon taps the bar counter and makes his exit leaving the British veteran alone in his bar, drinking scotch, pondering on what is going to be important at this coming climax control as the scene fades away to black.
Ethan Brody has made his decision
The scene reopens to the sight Ethan Brody laying down on a weight lift bench, his brow covered with beads of sweat, his arms shaking as he does another repetition of his weight training regime. The gym was busier than usual because of the ‘New Year’s Resolutions’ to get into shape, majority of them Ethan had never seen before and won’t be seeing in a few weeks as they stop coming, Ethan places the weights back onto its perch and sits up to grab his towel to wipe himself and the bench down. If he was ten years younger he’d be able to do double the amount he was able to do, but it was no worries for Ethan, he had his long haired and much younger partner to rely on when it comes to his matches. Guns For Hire are a collective unit. Landon Axel has his headphones in as he is running on the treadmill, completely in his own world, Ethan gets up and notices his bottle of water is empty. Ethan chucks the bottle away and heads over to the vending machines, pulling out a couple of crumpled dollar bills out and inserting them into the machine, Ethan looks at the code and presses the buttons and watches the bottle gracefully fall from its shelf. Ethan bends down to collect it and turns to face the gym itself.

Female Voice
Excuse me.

Ethan turns his head to see a young women, wearing training gear and sweating profusely, she brushes past Brody to get to the vending machine. Ethan steps out of her way as he unscrews the bottle and takes a long gulp of water. The women stands beside him doing the exact same thing, only she lets out a refreshing ahh afterwards.

Unknown Female
Always like this, this time of year, all the ‘Resolutions’ made to get back into shape but it won’t last. How long do you think you’ll keep it up for?

Ethan turns his head to see the women holding back a laugh.

Unknown Female
I’m kidding, I’ve noticed you before, a murmur says you’re a professional wrestler with your long haired sidekick there.

She points towards Landon, who is struggling to get to grips with the controls, trying to slow it down but actually going faster.

Ethan Brody
My slow learned friend there is my accomplice, alas not the sharpest knife in the draw, but he seems to be the one who completes me as of late. Keeping this old timer going.

Ethan smirks.

Unknown Female
Listen, this is completely out of the blue, but if you ever wanted to grab a drink..

Ethan glances down at their bottled waters.

Unknown Female
Proper drinks. Then give me a call.

She hands Ethan a card.

Ethan Brody
Do you have a name?

Unknown Female
Yes, Yes I do.

She smiles and walks away, Landon Axel completely oblivious to what has happened, walks towards Ethan who places the card into his pocket.

Landon Axel
I think they’ve changed the settings on that treadmill, almost killed me whilst listening to Queen, Don’t Stop Me Now has a new meaning to me now!

Landon notices the wry smile on Ethan’s face.

Landon Axel
What?

Ethan Brody
I’ve made my decision.

Ethan taps Landon on the shoulder and the two of them heads over to the exit, as soon as Ethan steps outside he pulls out a HD Video Hand Recorder, twisting the little screen around and pressing record with Landon Axel standing to his side.

Ethan Brody
Ever since we stepped out of that show at the last Climax Control of 2013, the one thing on my mind has been extracting revenge upon the group known as ‘The Saviours’, we knew something might happen being the in-ring debut for them and our return to action. It left a very sour taste in my mouth and an indentation in my forehead from the chair shot and piledriver. Landon Axel will testify how much I’ve seethed over the next few days from that show, If L.A. hadn’t kept a cool head then I might of gone hunting you down and be videoing me entering your home or attacking you in the streets. Something stupid that would make me feel better but wouldn’t solve the problem fully. Then I received news upon the first show of 2014, Climax Control has not only one title but three championships on the line that night, with the main event being for the SCW Tag Team Championships and the team challenging being us, Guns For Hire. It put a lot of perspective into my thinking as I really want to get revenge for leaving this bitter taste in our mouths, but ultimately being a champion of the Tag Division was and is our primary goal within the promotion, will I jeopardise that in order to get a right hand or two on the three of you… NO. MY thoughts is solely on the Tag Team match, the saviours can wait, Jon Dough and Aaron Matthews is my main priority now.

Landon smirks hearing this news.

Ethan Brody
Jon Dough proclaims himself of being the Champion of the Fans, his little rap routine gets the crowd going, his soul purpose is to entertain the fans that attend that evening. I’m not sure if he realises that all the wrestlers on the card are doing exactly that, they don’t need to do raps or get a sing-a-long barney time with the crowd! But the fans love this man, they enjoy the interaction they get from him, Master Wong and Master Lily should be pleased that in his matches he has not only excelled but he’s a champion. The man who’s own past is hazed through confusion and not knowing who you are, only what others tell you about your past, truth or not, repaying your ‘debt’ to your masters and their dojos in order to fulfil your gratitude. A life I hope I do not experience, only through dementia and I’m nearer that age than most people think. I may be talking down towards you, Jon, but I’m not taking anything away from you, not one bit. The Ladder Match was a match of chance and you beat the odds to become a champion. A champion who’s first championship defence is against myself and Landon, we’re not going to be taking this match lightly, we’re going to be coming at you with all guns blazing to make sure that your first championship defence is one you’d never forget. Win or Lose Jon, you’d know you’ve been in a fight with us. Unless Master Wong is going to go down the Scott Pandora road and use a foreign object against us.

Landon shakes his head.

Ethan Brody
Aaron Matthews’ success in previous employment has been one of worthy notoriety, multiple championship reigns and guessing holding an impressive win/loss record, like Jon he entered the Ladder Match with only chance on his side and he managed to take that chance with open hands. He wants to prove to himself more than anyone else about how good he is outside his previous employers, capturing the SCW Tag Team Championships can only help build that self-esteem up, but  winning a championship is one thing, becoming a great and memorable champion is defending those belts again all challengers and having a reign that wrestlers in a year time can compare themselves too. Look at Sinful Obsession, they’re still the most talked about tag team in the SCW through there memorable and remarkable reign that saw them capture NWA World Tag Team gold too! That is a team that we all should aspire too, look at Lucian Frost and Kain, a lethal lottery team who managed to defeat them and went on a successful run themselves, but they are not remembered in fond light when in essence they should be. It can be done the random lottery teams, they can be successful, this will be the first test for you guys and I hope you’re ready for us as Ethan Brody and Landon Axel look to capture your SCW Tag Team Championships!

Landon nods his head in approval.

Landon Axel
We didn’t return to make the numbers up, we don’t want to be facing Surf Boys and other random teams in order to help the division, we’re here to become champions and make the division our own. Dominating the division and giving the likes of you guys, Ben Jordan and Jordan Williams, the saviours matches to remember! We’re the champions the fans need, not you Jon, we’re the team that the SCW needs to catapult the division to make the Tag Team Belts worthy of holding once again!

Ethan Brody
Babe Ruth once said “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up” in this scenario it is persons who will never give up, we wanted to face the champions and we’re very fortunate that on the first Climax Control Guns for Hire, Ethan Brody and Landon Axel, have the change to not only capture the gold but Main Event in Harrah's Laughlin Hotel & Casino Grandstand! 2014 will be one hell of a year for the SCW and when the bell sounds at the end of the night, Justin announces the winners of the match and announce our names, don’t be disheartened Jon Dough or Aaron Matthews. You saw the year in holding the then vacant titles, we’ll take over your reign and catapult it into a new dimension. The Expendable and L.A. have well and truly returned to Sin City Wrestling, I’m not sure how Mark Ward will feel knowing former ACW employees hold SCW Gold, with Drake Green holding the ACW World Championship, but we’re not under the ACW banner, we’re getting paid by SCW so hopefully he’ll see the money is in us. Once we’re champions then Saviours, I’ll be coming after you, even if we have to put the gold on the line, we’re coming after you. No one does that to us, no one!

Landon Axel
Revenge is going to bite you in the ass, Saviours, you’ll learn never to piss Guns For Hire off..

Ethan smile as he presses the stop button, the pair glance at each other as Ethan hands Landon the camera, Landon will post the video via a sharing website later on that day. The two head back inside of the gym as the scene slowly fades away to black.

>
<!DOCTYPE html>
<select>
 <option value="Guns For Hire - Landon Axel & Ethan Brody">
<align=center>Guns For Hire - Landon Axel & Ethan Brody<align>
</option>
<option value="ACW Originals">
ACW Originals
</option>
 <option value="SCW Tag Team Champions (5th Jan 2014 - 2nd Feb 2014)">SCW Tag Team Champions (5th Jan 2014 - 2nd Feb 2014)</option>
<option value="SCW Tag Team Champions (18th Oct 2015 - Current)">SCW Tag Team Champions (18th Oct 2015 - Current)</option>
<option value="Only SCW Tag Team to be 2 time Champions">First SCW Tag Team to be 2 time champions</option>
 <option value="SCW Blast From The Past II Finalist (Ethan Brody & Delia Darling)">SCW Blast From The Past II Finalist (Ethan Brody & Delia Darling)</option>
   <option value="SCW Alumni Battle Royal Entrant (Ethan Brody / 100th Edition of Climax Control)">SCW Alumni Battle Royal Entrant (Ethan Brody / 100th Edition of Climax Control) </option>
<option value="Follow on Twitter @ExileEthanBrody">Follow on Twitter @ExileEthanBrody</option>
</select>