Author Topic: “The Rise of the Avenger Part 1: Filling Her Shoes!”  (Read 3001 times)

Online Harper Mason

• View Profile
“The Rise of the Avenger Part 1: Filling Her Shoes!”
« on: September 04, 2023, 11:52:35 AM »
Harper wasn’t expecting much when she tuned in to Violent Conduct IX two weeks ago, she knew her older cousin Jessie was set to defend the Bombshell Roulette Championship against Alexandra Callaway and that Jessie planned to call it a career after her reign ended, she, like many others, thought Jessie would retain and head into the High Stakes cycle, instead? Alexandra dethroned Jessie and won her first title in SCW.

Following a turbulent couple of days for the eighteen year old another surprise would hit Harper, namely the fact that Jessie was taking at least a year off to let her body heal but would be sticking around SCW as a manager, namely? HER manager by the end of the day Harper was signed to an SCW Contract becoming the youngest contracted Bombshell on the roster and her debut match was kicking off the High Stakes Cycle as she took on fellow newcomer Jane McCuligan, can Harper get the win?

Harper’s loft, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 29th of August 2023, 11:07am

Where do I even start?

Since Jessie lost her title she hasn’t been in contact with me much, I at least understood when it was the immediate aftermath of the match against Alexandra because that was a brutal match and she needed medical attention.

Good to see Violent Conduct living up to its name at least.

Since then? Jess has been pretty quiet on Social Media she made a post questioning whether this was it for her career but that was it! At least until last night when she made another post that rocked my world.

She was trying to get me a job with SCW, the very company that took a small name indy wrestler from Florida and made her a household name, yeah, I had a lot on my mind right now.

”What do I do exactly?” I asked myself as I looked over the tweet, I was laying back on my sofa with one hand behind my head and the other holding my phone, the timing was kinda funny really, I met Jessie for the first time in person during the lead up to last year’s High Stakes, literally the week before her Hall of Fame Induction, and now I could potentially make my SCW debut at the start of this year’s High Stakes Cycle. ”Am I really ready for this?”

My train of thought was interrupted when Logan, the youngest of my two Labrador Retrievers, barked before racing to the door where he was quickly joined by Xavier, my other dog, I sat up and pocketed my phone before heading over to the door and answering. ”Sorry I had to break the news to you like that Harp.” Jessie greeted me before she was greeted by the two dogs and she bent over to stroke them. ”But the bosses wanted to meet with me immediately after Violent Conduct, if you think Amy was against the idea of me calling it quits? You should’ve seen them!”

I stepped aside to let Jessie and the two dogs in and once they were in my loft I sighed. ”It’s not just that, it’s how sudden this whole thing feels.” I admitted before sitting down on the couch and Jessie sat opposite me whilst the two dogs, well, acted like excited Labradors, full of happy, boisterous energy. ”If I sign that contract I’ll be the youngest Bombshell on the active roster, I don’t know if the same applied to you when you joined but you had to be one of the youngest right?”

”One of them yeah, none of the Bombshells made their ages public knowledge back then but I’m pretty sure I was one of the few that was still in her early twenties, as for teenagers? Forget it! They were still a young company back then they wouldn’t have taken a chance on someone not old enough to drink.” Jessie responded as she shook her head and I nodded as I got the idea. ”But a lot can change in a decade, and I’m not just talking about the number of Climax Control episodes or how many grey hairs Christian will have by the end of the year! I’ve left the Bombshell Division in a much better place than I found it and I want you to have the opportunities I had to fight tooth and nail for.”

”But that’s just it! You’ve had a career that many Bombshells would kill for, the only prize you never got was the World Bombshell Title and that definitely wasn’t for lack of trying!” I pointed out with a sigh as I leaned back folding my arms. ”Me? I’m known as the girl who takes a lot of selfies and gets in twitter spats with The Troll over what he thinks is Narcissism! I’m not even sure if my title will ever be defended because KCW has gone silent on me and oh yeah, I’m not even nineteen yet!”

”You’re also a student of Team Hero, the third graduate from Hero Academy at that! You’ve already signed with a major company in EWC with upcoming shows in Chicago and Monterrey, Mexico, do you think you’d get those opportunities if people didn’t recognize your talent?” Jessie asked me as the two dogs finally calmed down, Logan lying down at my feet and Xavier lying down at hers. ”I’m a nobody to the folks at EWC, they don’t pay attention to other feds, they just know that you and Cass come from wrestling families, but what they do recognize is your talent and the same goes for SCW, the bosses sent me here to pick you up so we can make this contract signing official, I’ve already gone over it and everything’s in order.”

I hesitated as I considered Jessie’s words, she was blunt as always, you’d expect nothing less from her at this point, but she was right, and I had to take the opportunity that was in front of me. ”You’re right, I can’t pass this up, and I’ll have you to guide me if that tweet was any indication.” I responded with a nod before we both stood up. ”So, we’re heading straight to SCW HQ, right?”

”Last I checked? They don’t sign new talent whilst eating lunch at the Dairy Queen! Come on, let’s go.” Jessie responded with a chuckle as she shook her head before we left the loft leaving the dogs behind.

The next forty or so minutes would be one of the most important in my life, but by the end of it? It was official.

I was not only an SCW Bombshell but the youngest active roster member and the first Hero Academy graduate to sign with the company.

Jessie’s home gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday the 3rd of September 2023, 18:00pm

I’ve been officially signed to SCW for just under a week now and it still feels surreal, that said? SCW’s announcing the first card of the High Stakes cycle tonight and it’s going to be an exciting night for sure.

For starters? It was a Queen/King for a Day Season and that meant that two SCW wrestlers (Zoey Lukas and Austin James Mercer this year) were getting their chance to book a Climax Control! Sure that usually meant said wrestler booking themselves in World Title Matches but most of the time the wrestlers were honest about their intentions.

Hell, I know Jessie was when last competed in Queen for a Day.

The main question was off course, who would be my opponent? I was aware of a brother/sister duo who had signed with the company right before me with the Bombshell being a year older than me so there was a chance that I’d be facing her, either that or they got a mutual debut Mixed Tag against the Barnharts but that, off course depended on what the bosses/the king or queen for a day had in mind for the rest of the show.

For now though? I was getting in some reps at Jessie’s home gym, so might be taking a break from wrestling but that didn’t mean that she was going to sell off all her gym equipment and wrestling ring either.

”Okay, a couple of more kicks and I’ll be good.” I muttered to myself as I continued to throw kicks at the punching bag whilst Jessie watched on, right now it was just a matter of waiting for the card to be announced but until then? I was working on my kicks. ”What do you think Jess?”

”I think those kicks might give Fenris a run for his money, then again he hasn’t been seen in SCW in months so we might not get a chance to put that theory to the test.” Jessie responded as she shook her head and I wasn’t about to answer that, after seeing his kicks in person at the Go Gym? I was thankful that SCW was one of the few feds were the men and women had their own rosters. ”Are you still nervous about trying to fill my shoes?”

”A little bit, not gonna lie.” I admitted after throwing a couple of more kicks at the punching bag and turning to Jessie. ”I’ll be okay if my debut opponent isn’t Tempest though, I’m a strong girl but she probably bench presses my weight for fun!”

”I’ve been fortunate enough to not share a ring with Tempest since she graduated from the Go Gym, but after seeing her feats on strength? I’d believe that!” Jessie responded with a chuckle as she folded her arms. ”And then we have Zoey who literally Powerbombed Tempest onto Mercedes to win the Queen for a Day match! I wouldn’t be surprised if they are still reinflating her!”

”Don’t think I didn’t see that SpongeBob meme you posted on Twitter! I was this close to billing you for a new keyboard!” I responded with a laugh before my phone, which was on the bench next time alongside the bag with my day clothes, went off and I picked it up. ”And it’s ladies first as Zoey’s episode of Queen for a Day is next week and in LA!” I commented as I read the text and Jessie nodded before checking her own phone and frowning. ”Expecting to see the same text?”

”Yep! That’s going to take some getting used to.” Jessie responded with a sigh as she leaned against a nearby piece of equipment. ”Did they book your debut match?”

”Yeah, I’ve got the opening match against Jane McCuligan, one of the other newcomers though her brother isn’t booked for this week.” I responded as I shook my head before grinning as I saw the other match. ”And I’m going to need popcorn for this match Zoey booked, The Troll vs. Braddock!”

”I’d ask who he pissed off but it’s The Troll, it’s easier to list the people that moron has pissed off than it is to list who he hasn’t.” Jessie responded with a laugh and I nodded in agreement. ”What other matches did Zoey book?”

”Goth vs. Alexander Raven, Aleesha’s first Internet Title Defence against Laura Pheonix and herself against Courtney in a World Bombshell Title Match for the Main Event.” I explained after reading through the rest of the card and Jessie just shook her head at the last one. ”Yeah, I know, try not to act shocked.”

”I said that if I ever win Queen for a Day then that would be the first match I’d book so I can’t really fault it, at the same time? I’m surprised the bosses haven’t put in some rule against that by now.” Jessie responded with a frown before sighing. ”Then again the bosses aren’t exactly known for not booking title matches like that on a random Climax Control, if anything I made their jobs a bit easier when I did those open challenges during the Wonders of the World Tour.”

”Wonder if Alexandra will do something similar.” I commented with a shrug and Jessie didn’t say anything too that, I didn’t have anything against Alex for ending Jessie’s reign but I kinda felt like an encounter between me and her down the road was inevitable, whether or not the Bombshell Roulette Title would be on the line was another matter entirely. ”So, what’s the plan for my first Climax Control appearance as a Bombshell? I know your managing me but you still have to address the end of your reign right?”

”My plan is to kill two birds with one stone, talk about the end of the reign first and then introduce you.” Jessie explained as she walked up to me and I nodded a I got the idea. ”We’ll discuss the specifics on the day of your debut but until then? You have more  training to do! You’re up against a fellow newcomer and Jane will be looking to make an impact in her debut, it’s up to you to make sure that the only impact she leaves is on the wrestling ring after you beat her.”

”Right.” I responded with a nod before I resumed my workout.

Jessie’s home gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 4th of September 2023, 11:00am

*promo time*

Here we go.

”If you had told me one year ago that I’d be signing with SCW within a year and make my official debut the week before my nineteenth birthday? I’d have called you crazy.” I admitted as I leaned against the ring ropes with a grin on my face. ”But low and behold? That’s the situation I’m in! hey guys, you have seen me on Climax Control before, usually with Jessie, but for those who need a refresher? My name’s Harper Mason, I’m eighteen years old and I’m making my Climax Control debut this week in LA!”

This will be good.

”But that’s not why the wrestling world is paying attention to my match, it’s the fact that I’m also the younger cousin to an SCW Hall of Famer, they want to know if Jessie Salco’s teenaged cousin can reach the same heights as Jessie, right?” I asked with a frown as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”Or on the flipside, if I end up flopping like Adrienne Beaufort who was the same age as me when she signed in 2021, well, with Jessie guiding my SCW Career? That shouldn’t be a problem and before I can even think about setting my sights on any of the Bombshell Division’s Titles? I’ve got to get past my first match and my first opponent, fellow debutee Jane McCuligan!”

What can I say?

”Jane? In some ways we have a bit in common, we both just signed with the company, we are both in our late teens and, obviously, we want to make a mark in our first match.” I said as I started pacing around the ring. ”But if anything? I have more pressure on my shoulders before I happen to be related to a member of the Hall of Fame and a student of Team Hero! It’s almost enough to make me wondering how long it’ll be before I get booked against either Keira or Roxi but that’s just me getting way ahead of myself! I know it’s been said that it takes pressure to make diamonds but how much pressure can they pile upon me?”

Good question.

”We’ll find that out in the coming weeks I guess but before I get that far ahead of myself? I have to beat you Jane.” I added as I leaned against a turnbuckle. ”And I don’t have any material to work off because your making your debut this week and I can’t find any evidence that you’ve wrestled elsewhere, are you literally making your debut in this match? Not just for SCW but as a wrestler in general? That’s bad news for you because I at least have four months’ worth of experience under my belt and this to show for it!” I added before I held up the KCW TV Title. ”Sure, the fed’s status is up in the air, but I can still say that I won my first title within a month of my wrestling school graduation.”

Can I measure up?

”Not something that many wrestlers can say, right? Hell, Jessie was still plying her craft when she was at my experience level.” I added before resting my title over my shoulder. ”And trust me SCW, I am willing and able to work my way up to winning my second title, Jane will just be my first obstacle on that path and she will give me a good fight in my debut, but at the end of the day? Someone will have to win their debut match and that someone will be me!”

The bitter truth

”Sorry Jane but your cockiness and arrogance won’t do you much good against me, in fact, here’s some facts that you need to know about me.” I said before stepping out to the middle of the ring and throwing some taekwondo kicks into the air making sure to not catch the cameraman with any of those kicks as well. ”I didn’t get that good at throwing kicks by sitting around and doing nothing Jane, I’m a black belt in Taekwondo and on top of that? I was a High School Wrestling standout when I was, well, in high school, you don’t get those accolades for nothing Jane, and I’m more than willing to show off my technical stills when we meet in the ring on Sunday!”

What do I bring to the table?

”Do you understand it now Jane? Why my debut got the “highly anticipated” treatment in the card preview whilst you were just listed as my opponent and a fellow newcomer?” I asked with a grin as I folded my arms. ”I’m you’re your all too eager to put that down to who my cousin is but you need to understand one thing, the only thing I have in common with Jessie when it comes to wrestling is that we share a love for heavy metal! I will employ submissions to stretch you out,, I will kick you until you scream “uncle!”, I will slam you around the ring like nobody’s business and hell, I’ll even take to the airs just like Jessie!”

It's that simple.

”In other words Jane? I’m an allrounder, I just happen to favour strikes and submissions more than any other style while also throwing in a bit of high flying for good measure!” I added as looked at my title for a few minutes. ”It was those skills that led me to my first title win just a few months ago and they will lead me to that promise land once again as I work my way through the SCW Bombshell Division’s ranks! I mean no disrespect when I say this Jane, but you will be the first steppingstone on my path through the Bombshell Division and you are about to get stepped over!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”And from there? Who knows where I’ll end up but I know one thing for certain, Jessie will be at my side to make sure that I don’t repeat her mistakes! This is The Rise of the Avenger Part 1: Filling Her Shoes!” and the shoes I have to fill are Jessie's, a Hall of Famer's shoes aren't easy to fill but I'm up to the challenge which I'll demonstrate on Sunday!" I added as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”And the first mistake I won’t repeat will be losing my debut match! We are both in the same boat Jane, we’re the newest Bombshells on the scene and we are out to make an impact! Sadly for you, the only impact you’ll make is on the matt after I beat you because the Bombshell Division needs a new hero and her name is “The Slaytanic Avenger” Harper Mason! See you in LA!”

I resumed my workout as the scene fades.