Author Topic: The Face of SCW and Soon to be Heavyweight Champ!  (Read 2045 times)

Justin Underwood

The Face of SCW and Soon to be Heavyweight Champ!
« on: November 04, 2011, 10:36:49 PM »
 <hr color=2E639E>
\'user
Flying High and Free

<hr color=2E639E>

The scene opens up with Allison and myself on our bed in the condo we had just finished moving into.  All the boxes had been unpacked and everything was where we wanted it.  I had been studying Allison for a few minutes and finally spoke up "Are you ok?" I asked as I gently pulled her close to me, so she was in front of me.

"No, not really Justin." she said as she takes my hands into hers and moves closer in front of me, and sits cross legged across holding my hands.  Shocked by her actions, I respond to her "Talk to me, what’s wrong?"

"I think it’s time the two of us talked about where we are and where we are wanting to go." she says, her eyes starting to water up as she continues to speak "I have put a lot of thought into this Justin, and I think it’s best if you and I go our separate ways for a while."

She stops talking allowing her words to register in my mind, before I jump up and look down at her, my emotions getting the best of me "Why would you say that?  Why would you think that?"

Before she responds she gets up on her knees on the bed and looks at me, the tears starting to form faster as they run down her cheeks "Think about it Justin.  Being a wrestler isn’t me.  I never wanted to be a wrestler.  I only trained because I saw how much fun you had and knew how much it meant for you to be successful.  I figured if I did it to, you would push yourself to be better and take it to the next stage."

I put my emotions in check and try to stay calm as I try to register the severity of the situation.  I move back over towards her and start wiping the tears away as I start to talk again "Well, seeing you training did do that.  It did push me Allie.  But if this isn’t what you want to do then I support that, but I don’t want to part ways and not have you in my life" I say as I look at her.  She stands up and looks up at me briefly before walking over to the dresser and placing her hands on it.

"Justin, we have to.  Otherwise you will have this resentment that will build up inside of you that stems from you not being as big as you want, because you had to worry about me.  I don’t want you to resent anything.  I don’t want you to have any regrets.  I just need to pursue me dreams."

I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her as I pull her body close to me and hug her tightly " Allie.  I understand what you’re saying.  I am not going to like not waking up next to you, but knowing that I have the kind of freedom to allow me to focus on my career is nice.  I can’t lie about that feeling.   Just wish you would reconsider us." I said to her as I leaned down and kissed her neck gently.

She lets out a giggle as she feels my lips tickle her neck and turns around as she sits down on the dresser and pulls me closer to her, wrapping her arms around my neck  "Justin, don’t worry babe, I’ll be back for you, and if you are available, we can see if it is still there for us.  But for now you need to focus on you and I need to focus on me.  I love you, and want us to both be happy, and I won’t be happy if I don’t pursue my dreams."
"Pursue your dreams tomorrow Allison, tonight, I have something I want to pursue, I have a big weekend ahead of me, and I can’t think of a better way to kick it off then with you" I say as I lift her up and kiss her deeply, taking her back to our bed as the scene fades to black.

<hr color=2E639E>
\'user
Adapting to a New Me

<hr color=2E639E>

Wearing a pair of basketball shorts and a white a-shirt I stand leaning against the frame to the sliding door that leads from my condo out to the balcony.

"Walking away from the old me was going to be a lot easier for me then Matt Ward thought. I was waiting for something like this to happen. Not only was I waiting, but I needed this to happen. Now that it has happened, I can rise from the ashes. I can rise up reborn and ready to show my true talent. So that I could take pride in my abilities, my looks, and of course my flaws. Many would look at this loss and be disgusted. I look back at it and can't feel anything but pride burning deep inside of me."

I pause briefly taking a moment to let it all soak in and to take a deep breath, before continuing to speak "I have been consumed by this feeling the past couple of days. Pride. Just building up, and consuming me. I wonder if that is a good thing. Pride is one of the seven cardinal sins according to the Old Testament. I know I shouldn't allow it to consume me, but it feels good. It makes me feel complete inside. It pushes me to want to prove myself. I don't know where I would be without this Pride that is burning deep inside of me."

Standing on the balcony of my condo, that feels empty since Allison and I split up, I look out into the bright lights of Las Vegas.

"In recent events I have lost not only my first match, but also something that I thought was more important than my career. I lost to Blade Alexander, and I lost the love of my life, Allison Summers. However, after everything that has happened since this past Climax Control, I'm not mad or upset. Instead, I can't get control of it, and it is building up inside of me. This feeling is starting to rage inside of me. The desire to prove to everybody that my debut in SCW wasn't a fluke. That I am what I have been hyped up to be." As I smile and continue to look out into the city of Sin, I run my hands through my new hair and the thoughts of what is to come start cursing through my head..

"Blade, you shook me a bit in that haunted house, and the ME that you have faced twice now is dead. He got left in the Iron Maiden coffin. Standing before you is a reborn Phoenix. A Phoenix who is rising hot, and ready to burn anybody in my path. I can't wait till that gauntlet. If the faith I have in your talent and my ability means anything, it means that you and I will be the last two standing when the battle royal is over, and it becomes a one on one match for the title. I pray that it comes down to that Blade. I will take extreme pride in building my legacy, with pinning you and becoming the first Heavyweight Champion of Sin City Wrestling."

Pausing for a moment, I walk over to the balcony and lean up against the sturdy railing and started looking down towards the pool twenty stories beneath me. I watch as the water bounces off one end and pushes itself in a wave to the other end, only to bounce off that one and go back again. After several moments with my thoughts collected and my excitement contained, I begin to speak again "I have to give Gabriel credit. He is right about you Blade. Your words did slice me up and I sat back and thought about everything you said as I waited for our encounter at Climax Control. I spent a couple days going over everything that you said and one thing about it all bugged me. The fact that you were actually right about it all."

Turning around I lean against the railing and press my arms against my sides.

"Sitting on the bed with Allison as she told me that this was not her dream and that she was holding me back from being one of the greatest wrestlers made me realize one thing.  That I wasn't focusing on me and what I wanted to accomplish in this industry. I was trying to provide support to her and to have a family one day. Now that I am free of that distraction I am able to focus on proving myself to this business and allowing my legacy to build. For that I thank you Allie. Take care in everything that you do. Moving on to more important things, let’s get back to the one and only Blade Alexander. The want to be Joker of SCW. Wake up man, this isn't some artificial world with a caped crusader soaring from roof top to roof top fighting off villains and sending them to jail. Like you said this is Sin City. You need to get your head out of the clouds and start thinking clearer."

Pausing briefly to take a breath and listen to some of the sounds of the City of Sin, I exhale and finally resume speaking "I've been walking around SCW for a month now, facing you Blade. Trying to figure out what I wanted to get out of facing you. Now, the obvious answer is a win. The less obvious answer is the bragging rights of having a win over the second cockiest mother fucker I have ever seen in a wrestling ring. As well as the pride in knowing that I am more talented and even more athletic than you ever could dream of. DJ Williams might think he is more athletic than me. On a football field he might be right, but in the wrestling ring, he couldn't be more wrong."

I push off the railing and start walking into the my condo and look at the TV hanging on the wall.  Paused is the most recent Climax Control.  I reach down onto the table and press play on my remote, and DJ Williams matches starts.  I stand there watching the match as I study what he does.

"DJ, I’ll be glad once High Stakes is over and you realize you aren’t cut out for wrestling.  Then you can go back and have your manager beg for your football career in Canada.  You don’t belong here.  You are way out of your element.  Go back to the grid iron."

"I’m walking out of High Stakes with my pride in tact because unlike you DJ, I actually belong in the wrestling world.  I’ll be showing both you and your tag team partner Blade Alexander that I’m not boring or a waste of money."

The scene fades out as I walk out of sight into the kitchen.

<hr color=2E639E>
\'user
Cutting a Promo for Climax Control: High Stakes

<hr color=2E639E>

The scene comes into focus inside of the Mandalay Bay Events Center.  I’m slowly walking the inside of the six sided ring as the camera crew for this promo are getting their cameras ready.  Being inside the event center while it was empty and the crew was still setting up everything was weird.  I grabbed a hold of the ropes to get a early feel for them before I had to step back into this ring come Sunday night.

"Mr. Underwood, we are ready sir."

Looking over at the guy, I nod my head as I continue to walk around the ring slowly letting my hand run over the top rope and turnbuckles as I approached them.  After a few moments I walked into the middle of the ring once the camera man was in place and pointed down to the logo for SCW on the mat as I look down at it with a smile on my face.

"This Sunday ever man on the SCW roster that was put in the Heavyweight Championship Gauntlet match are bound to make history for SCW.  We have all been given a chance to shine, and walk away with SCWs biggest accolade.  It isn’t being SCW Heavyweight Champion..  No its not that.  Mark and Christian are giving ever male in this match the opportunity to walk away the accolade of being this companies FIRST Heavyweight Champion this company will ever have.  For years I trained and traveled the country wrestling and trying to bide my time waiting for my chance to shine.  Finally, my chance is here, and I am not going to allow anybody to pin me, make me tap out or even toss me over the top rope and eliminate me.  Just like everybody else in this ring, I have a goal Sunday night."

Moving my hands up into the cameras focus I continue to speak "You see, I am looking forward to stepping into the ring with some of SCWs talent that I haven’t had the honor of facing.  Gabriel is just as focused as I am, albeit his focus is being driven by greed, where my focus is being driven by pride and proving that I am the wrestler I claim to be.  Despayre doesn’t want the title, but has agreed to willingly step into the ring to help Gabriel achieve his goal.  That’s cute, but listen to me Sinful Obsession.  The two of you might be a great team.  You might be talented, this is not some tag team match were partners matter.  This is a every man for himself type of match, and that’s all that matters.  Every man will have to look out for himself.  No partner can be trusted in this match."

I resume walking around the ring, running my hand along the top rope and turnbuckles as I continue to speak "Kid Karma sitting in a recording studio dropping lines and trying to rap or watching some athletes playing with sticks and balls.  Make up your mind Kid.  Do you want to wrestle or freestyle over some second rate beat that no respectful Rapper would ever imagine putting on a serious album or do you want to be a baseball player?  Rap all you want but what doesn’t change a thing is that I am walking into High Stakes the face of Sin City Wrestling and walking out having cemented my name in SCWs history books, and having the Heavyweight Championship firmly in my tight grasp."

Coming up to the middle turnbuckle I climb up and sit down facing out towards the seats that will be filled in roughly 48 hours as I continue to run down my opponents for the Heavyweight Championship.

"Blade Alexander.  The top baddie in SCW, the biggest villain.  You walked out of our haunted house match with a briefcase.  Big whoop.  Let me guess…  You now have Christian Underwood’s panties, or is it Mark Wards dry cleaning list…  No wait… is it a list of Christian’s most wanted boy toys?  Or even the laundry list of things that Angelica had to do to Mark to get herself added to the Bombshell’s match.  I know what it is.  It’s an empty fucking briefcase.  You are right.  This is wrestling.  Briefcases are never just briefcases.  But that’s just the thing.  Everybody expects there to be something in the briefcase.  So continue to parade around like there is something of importance in your little briefcase.  I’ll continue to train and become a better wrestler."

I carefully push myself up onto the turnbuckle into a standing position and I start to look around the empty event center.

"On to Bruce Evans.  We don’t care who you WHERE before you came to Sin City Wrestling.  Here in SCW it’s all about what you show while you are in this ring.  Not what you did ten years ago in some ass clown’s ring.  Nobody cares about the titles or matches you had elsewhere.  All we care about is what you bring forth to the ring and what you show once that bell rings.  Keep rambling about being a legend and having this amazing career.  I’m here for two things.  To win the SCW Heavyweight championship and to build my legacy in SCW.  So stop your whining and bring your best to High Stakes.  That’s all that matters in SCW.  Bringing your best.  Not your past.  Blade pointed that out a couple weeks ago.  Nobody cares about what you did before you got here.  It’s once you got here that matters."

For a few minutes I kneel down on the top turnbuckle as I look directly into the camera and continue to speak to it "Then there is Wyatt Peterson, the good ole boy from Texas who went to see his mommie.  Hope she told you once you fail Sunday night at becoming the World…  No wait, that’s not right at becoming the Heavyweight Champion, that you can still go home to her and help on the farm.  At the same time Casey is more focused on playing with Despayre and Gabriel then wrapping his giant head around the big picture.  Add the fact that Ryan King will either be too drunk to wrestle or attached to a oxygen machine by the time the main event rolls around, that he won’t even be a force in this match.  Much less his tag teams match earlier in the night."

"DJ Williams I’m not wasting any more time talking to you or about you.  Virgil, your tag team partner caught a tough break.  Hope he bounces back.   Shame that you have to come into this match without your tag team partner, would have liked to see you guys working as a team and eliminating each other.  Maoi, I don’t want you to feel left out so know this, I am going to have your back in our tag team match against Blade and DJ, but once that bell goes off and our hands are raised in victory, we will be friends no more.  I won’t have you back, simply because you will be gunning for the very same thing I am.  So bring your ‘A’ game to our match, but bring everything you got to the gauntlet."

Standing back up I extend my hands out as the cameras zoom in on me from all angles.
"Listen closely Sin City.  I’m putting everybody on notice.  The heavyweight championship is coming home with me.  I am going to etch my legacy into SCWs history books and I will do anything and everything it takes to make sure I get my hand raised at the end of the night and Mark Ward or Christian Underwood are handing me that beautiful piece of gold.  One man is walking out of High Stakes a winner.  I have Pride, Dignity and Talent and I’m making history, Building my Legacy, One Match at a Time."

I push off the top turnbuckle and perform a high angled flip as the scene cuts to black

<hr color=2E639E>