Author Topic: Pride, Dignity, and Talent  (Read 2967 times)

Justin Underwood

Pride, Dignity, and Talent
« on: October 26, 2011, 08:49:49 PM »

\'user
From the Ashes of a Loss, rises Pride, Dignity, and Talent

<hr color=2E639E>
<hr color=2E639E>

"The calm before the storm has come and gone."  The voice a mixture of an English accent and a southern drawl stops just as suddenly as it started.  The scene pans around to face a figure in the shadows.  This figure is standing with legs shoulder width apart and arms out stretched. Suddenly the voice can be heard again as the scene continues to slowly pan around the mysterious figure.

"Left before us is nothing but a pile of broken talent.  A pile of talent that will be remolded.  A pile of talent that has been remolded.  Remolded into something stronger.  Into something with more promise."  As the voice stops yet again the atmosphere in the room loosens up as the figure starts to move, first bringing its arms down and then bringing its legs closer to each other as it suddenly drops down into a pushup position and begins doing pushups.

"This talent held back by his fear of losing, has been reborn.  Reborn after his loss at Climax Control he will stop at nothing to prove himself."  The figure stops doing pushes and begins to do up and down's as the voice continues.

"At Climax Control: High Stakes the fate of the company will be decided as the company's first Heavyweight Champion will be decided and the first champion needs to be one of dignity and pride."A light in the corner of the room comes on and shows the tall form of "The London Bulldog" Matt Ward leaning against the wall.  His arms folded across his muscular chest as he continues watching the shadowed figure in the middle of the room.  Matt looks into the camera and resumes talking.

"SCW's first champion needs to be somebody that will prove to be a good image for the company.  Somebody that will represent the company and the legacy of a heavyweight champion with dignity and pride.  Somebody that won't turn this company into a laughing stock and won't disgrace the championship."  Matt unfolds his arms and slips them into the jeans that he is wearing and starts walking forward into the darkness of the room and says "There is only one person in Sin City Wrestling that can do that.  It isn't Wyatt Peterson, or Blade Alexander or Gabriel.  It is none other then Justin Tyler Underwood, or as you all know him JT Underwood."

Suddenly the light comes on and the figure in the middle of the room is the young JT Underwood.  However, he is sporting a new look, his hair now black at the roots, with only the tips of it red.  His goatee is as well, black and well groomed.

"Thanks to Blade Alexander at Climax Control, my client here crumbled after his loss.  He became a pile of talent not much better then a steaming pile of cow dung." Matt starts walking around the still body of JT that is now standing with his legs shoulder width apart and looking into the darkness that is around him.

"In the few days since though, a fire has destroyed what was left from JT at Climax Control.  From that pile of ash has risen a Phoenix.  A Phoenix looking to spread his wings and prove to the world that he is a reliable talent and not just another muscle bound wrestler or some boy scout looking to do good."  Matt takes his hands placing one on each of JT's shoulders as he continues to speak "Blade, you can sit there and talk down on everybody in SCW and say that JT doesn't have what it takes to be a good wrestler, but one thing remains the same.  JT will walk out of High Stakes as the first SCW Heavyweight Champion!"

Matt walks back over to the wall as JT stretches out his arms and the lights shut out, only leaving Matt visible in the corner.  JT's form can be seen as only a shadowy figure as his voice finally breaks through the darkness "I am not sure were I should start off, but I will start with the pride and glory of SCW, its Heavyweight championship Gauntlet Match.  We have the likes of Sinful Obsession, who's Gabriel is the sin of Greed, and has caught sight of what so many others have as well.  The top prize in SCW.  Gabriel, so many people have done things in sight of Greed, and most have failed.    I am here to prove that I am not some fluke of a wrestler.  I don't need to win that championship Gabriel.  Greed is not driving me unlike you, for  I must win this championship for pride and to prove that Im not just some muscle head wrestler wasting TV time."

JT falls silent as he brings one arm over to the other and starts stretching.  Silence fills the dark room only for a moment before he resumes speaking "That being said Gabriel I am not going to be foolish and not expect you to bring your all.  For I have heard of yours and Desparyes glorious tales in AWA, however this is not the AWA this is Sin City, and nothing else matters.  Nothing about the past, nothing about the future, just the present.  The present is clear to me, and if I must go through the both of you to capture the SCW fan's and Heavyweight championship, then I will do so.

Not taking long of a pause JT continues to speak "Bruce Evans, the man that blames the U.S.A.  We have seen you before right.  Pissed off cause your Canadian.  I would be to since only two good things really ever came from Canada and are worth anything.  You might know them as Chris Benoit, may he rest in peace, and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart.  Bruce, you might pick up a win early in the night, but at the end of High Stakes when your walking back to your rental to go back to Canada you will have one win and one loss."  JT falls silent again, as he switches arms, bringing his the left arm across his chest to his right hand and starts stretching it.

"I'm aware of the giants Wyatt Peterson and Casey Williams, and even Casey's tag team partner Ryan.  Wyatt seems to have his head wrapped more around Saint Patty or Kid Karma or whoever his flavor of the week is, then having his eyes on the prize, and the same for Casey being wrapped up in the team of Sinful Obsession.  So, those two will easily be able to get tossed out of the ring.   So maybe easy and tossed aren't the right words, but my point is, they won't be able to focus on the bigger picture with their distractions in the ring, so why not just help the distractions eliminate them early."A deep laugh escapes from JT as Matt Ward's English accented Southern drawl is heard again.

"That is definitely a good observation JT, but don't allow that to cloud your judgement, nothing in this match is going to be easy.  Nothing in this company is going to be easy." The scene pans over to Matt and a frown comes across his face as he starts to speak again. "Well, perhaps I spoke to soon.  Isn't Blade's woman named Mercedes?  She seems pretty easy.  The wench needs to keep her comments to herself when men are talking.  Although I say that loosely about Mr. Alexander.  Anyways, continue on  with what you were saying JT."

JT starts pacing back and forth as he remains silent for a few more moments, formulating his thoughts in his head.

"Ryan King I doubt you will even walk into the main event at High Stakes.  With the amount of drinking and smoking you do, Sinful Obsession will probably take care of you in the tag team match before hand.  Kid Karma you are a cocky kid that doesn't know what respect is and needs to learn real quick what it is.  Otherwise you are going to be finding out just what Karma is when it bites you in the ass at High Stakes."

JT stops pacing and stands as what appears to be his arms move to rest on his head as his voice pierces the darkness again"DJ, you can sit there and talk smack all you want.  Allow that air about you to get clouded with cockiness, because honestly, you might be able to play with balls, but you aren't worth my time, or my air, so I'm going to move to bigger and better things."

A laugh comes from Matt at JT's comments about DJ Williams and he looks towards the young wrestler standing in front of him and says"That was a good one kid.  Keep going, you got this."

JT lowers his arms back to the side of his body and resumes talking.

"Now onto Blade Alexander.  One of my opponents in a tag team match at High Stakes.  You call me a giant fruitcake that can't hack it in wrestling without crying every five minutes because things didn't go my way.  Well try this on Blade.  I want to thank you Alexander, for allowing me to see the light.  I also want to extend a congratulation out to you, for your victory over me at the Climax Control.  Sadly though you aren't better then me.  No in fact now you and I are equals.  We both have a win over the other, but have yet to pin the other.  I pinned your tag team partner DJ in our first match in SCW, and then you trapped me in a Iron Maiden Coffin and walked out of that haunted house with the briefcase this past Sunday."

JT stops talking only briefly as he starts pacing again around in the darkness with his arms down by his side now instead of extended out.  Finally he speaks again "How I see it Blade, we both still have something to prove and it won't be prove at High Stakes.  I can tell you that right now, simply because the chances of us pinning each other are not that great.  If this was a singles match, that it was originally booked as then the odds of a pin or submission on the other would have been higher.  However the higher ups feel the need to break the staleness and give us each a tag team partner.  I get a Samoan Warrior named Maoi and you a failure named DJ Williams.  I get a real wrestler, and you get somebody that lost to me and thinks he will be hot shit because he got a win over a wrestler that hasn't said anything to defend himself or to prove to us that he belongs here."

JT falls silent as he squats down and his arm makes a motion before he stands and starts taking steps closer to Matt Ward, slowly taking his steps methodically as the silence is broken once again "For weeks I have listened to the babble that spews forth from your lips like half the male population of Las Vegas come forth from Mercedes' legs after they have finished with her.  At High Stakes I am shutting both you and your wench as well as DJ up.  I am going to silence the doubters, and prove to the naysayers that I am the future and I am the face of Sin City Wrestling."

As JT is about to fall under the brightness of the lights, he turns around and starts to walk away from Matt and continues to speak.

"I am feeding off my loss at Climax Control right now Blade.  You can stand there on the roof top of some raggedy ass building playing with puppets and talk down on me and make jokes about me wanting to build a legacy, but everything I am here to do will fall into place in time.  I'm not here to rush it.  With or without Maoi, I promise you Blade, I will bring the fight to you at High Stakes. Williams and you won't have any understanding of what you have walked into once the smoke has settled and the phoenix has risen from the ashes and I walk out of High Stakes as THE Sin City Wrestling Heavyweight Champion."

JT steps into the light and looks directly at the cameras staring directly into the eyes of Blade Alexander and every other superstar on the Sin City wrestling roster.  His hands reach out to the sides of the camera and holds it close and still so you can see the fire burning in his eyes as he speaks one last time.

"Sin City Wrestling, Mark Ward, Christian Underwood and the entire SCW Roster.  Listen up and listen good.  You are looking at the future of this business and the face of Sin City Wrestling, you better bring everything you got, and then some, cause come High Stakes, pride, dignity, and talent are the only things that will allow anybody to walk out as Heavyweight Champion, and I am the only one with all three.

JT pushes the camera away from him, causing it to fall into the dark and shatter as it lands on the concrete and the scene ends.

<hr color=2E639E>
<hr color=2E639E>
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 11:58:04 PM by Matt Ward »