Author Topic: Breakin' A Sweat...  (Read 415 times)

Offline Max Burke

• GRIME World Nightmare Champion
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
Breakin' A Sweat...
« on: February 08, 2013, 09:25:19 PM »
 Back in the gym, Laura and Max continue to warm up. Max holds the bag for Ms. Jackson as she unleashes with punches and kicks.

THWACK!

SMACK!

Max Burke: Come on Laura... HARDER!

Laura unleashes a heck of a punch. Definitely, rivaling the one she caught Max with to start their workout.

Max Burke: That’s it! Give me another. One two... one two!

Laura obliges and smacks the bag with few more solid combos.

Max Burke: Annnnd... we’re good. Great job!

Max slaps the glove of his partner in appreciation. He grabs a towel off the mat, and tosses it at her.

Laura Jackson: Thanks!

Max Burke: See? You just needed to vent a little at the ol’ bag. You’re good to go on Sunday. I have faith in ya.

Laura towels off some sweat. Max actually catches himself checking her out of the corner of his eye. He knows she’s off limits, but he can’t deny what he sees. He digs tattoos, and Laura is smokin’ to boot. Max quickly averts his eyes before being caught.

Laura Jackson: Max?

Max Burke: Huh? Yeah?

Laura tosses a bottle at him.

Laura Jackson: Catch!

Max, quick as a cat snags it out of midair. He pops the top and takes a long haul off it.

Max Burke: Cheers.

Laura Jackson: You’re welcome. So... game plan for Sunday?
Max is still a bit distracted. He’s a bit off his game, and has lost his train of thought.

Laura Jackson: Hello? Max!

Max snaps back to reality, and shoots a smile at his partner.

Laura Jackson: Earth to Max. You are such a dork. Game plan for Sunday?

Max Burke: Oh sorry. You must have popped me better than I thought. We just got to keep doing what we’ve been doing Ms. Jackson.

Laura shoots a playful glare at Max.

Laura Jackson: Don’t call me that.

Max laughs a bit and chokes on the drink he just took. He wipes his mouth.

Max Burke: What’s wrong with that? You know you like it. But yeah, we just keep working on the teamwork. We did awesome in the first round. It came pretty darn natural I thought. Keep the quick tags going. I was checking out some puro and lucha online the other day, and came across a couple of cool tag moves. Come over here, check these out.

Laura hops up off the mat, and plops down next to Max on the bench. Max pops up his browser on his Iphone, and heads to the youtube links he had saved earlier.

Max Burke: Here... check this one out. We could surprise them with this.

Max plays the video, and Laura smiles at what she sees.

Laura Jackson: Yep. That could definitely work. That’s really cool! Let’s try that out.

END