Author Topic: A (Not So) Good Night's Sleep  (Read 378 times)

Offline Nick Jones

• View Profile
    • Nick Jones
A (Not So) Good Night's Sleep
« on: February 08, 2013, 05:23:45 PM »
 The scene opens up at Los Angeles inside the home of Nick Jones, which is currently filled with him, Diana, and the entirety of the Entourage - Big B, Tony, Jimmy and Max.  It seems everyone is in a far more casual and laid-back mood than usual, as nobody, not even Max, is doing any work.  Instead, the group are all sitting around and hanging out, as they seem to be enjoying a few drinks for the night.

Nick:  What did I tell you guys?  That match was nothing.  I carried, um, what's-her-name, the reindeer... I carried her ass to victory without even breaking a sweat.  It doesn't matter who's sorry ass is paired against me or what supposed SCW up-and-comers are standing across the ring, none of these clowns have a damn thing on me.

Tony:  You's know it, boss.

Big B:  Yeah, cuz.  That one guy went running away from you even.  It was SO funny.

Nick:  He really did, didn't he?  Not that I can blame him, the thought of having to step into the ring with me again probably had him crapping his pants.

Max:  Oh gawd, what a mess!

Nick just looks at Max for a moment and laughs as he shakes his head.  At that point, Diana, who had been sitting there quietly sipping a glass of wine, decides to join in on the conversation.

Diana:  At least that dumb whore was smart enough to know to keep away from you.

Nick:  What did I tell you, babe?  There was nothing to be worried about.  No matter how badly she may have wanted it, she was never going to get it.

Diana:  I can't say I blame her, given she spends all of her time around that spikey-headed douche, but that doesn't mean I have to like it one damn bit.

Nick:  Of course not, but you also have no need to fret over it.  Worst case scenario, I could always toss her to the dogs.

Nick points over towards the group of entourage members all sitting by each other, which brings very different immediate reactions from them all.

Jimmy:  Money, baby!

Tony:  Ain't it da trut', boss.

Max:  OH GAWD!

Big B:  I don't get it, we don't have any dogs.

The entire group stops and turns their attention towards Big B, seeming to all be once again shocked at the level of stupidity their friend seems to possess.

Nick:  Come on, B.  It's a freakin' euphemism.

Big B:  Oh, right.  I knew that.

The group continues to silently stare at Big B, as he has a blank expression across his face.

Jimmy:  B, baby.  You know what a euphemism is?

Big B:  Of course!

Tony:  Den hows 'bout you freakin' tell us?

Big B:  Why?  Don't you know?

Tony:  I's know, I'm sayin' cuz yous don't know!

Big B:  I do too!

Tony:  Nuh uh.

Big B:  Yeah huh!

Max:  Can we stop picking on our poor friend, B?  He's not as slow as you all try to make him out to be you know.

The groups attention quickly shifts over to Max after his last comment.

Nick:  What the hell are you talking about?  Of course he is.  I'm actually amazed at how often it turns out we're giving him too much credit!

Big B:  That's not true.  I totally know what a eupalism is.

Nick:  It's euphemism you idiot.  EUPHEMISM!

Big B:  Right, that's what I said.

Nick ignores B and instead turns back to Max.

Nick:  You were saying?

Max:  Ok, fine.  But that still doesn't mean we need to harp on it.

Nick:  Yeah, I guess.  You're too nice of a guy for this group, you know that, right?

Tony:  Nah, he's just scared of da rest of us.

Jimmy:  Yeah, some scrawny little accountant can't exactly hang with this group.

Tony:  Like you's one to talk.

Jimmy:  I may not be big, but I got money, baby!

Tony:  That money ain't do ya shit if I'm kickin' ya ass.

Jimmy:  It'll buy me the help that can kick yours.

Tony:  In ya dreams pencil neck.

Nick:  Will you both shut the hell up?

Diana:  Seriously!  I was the one talking before you idiots all started rambling on.  The point being that I have no doubt that stupid bimbo would have no qualms about being tossed to one, or even all, of "the dogs".

Diana then stops and turns to be Big B.

Diana:  That would be the four of you, honey.

Big B:  I knew that.

Diana:  Sure you did honey.

Diana then goes back to addressing the entire group.

Diana:  I mean, come on, as much as I might like to crack on these guys sometimes, any of them are better than what she's currently dealing with.  And I have no doubt, as you continue to carry her to week after week of success, she'll find only a further desire to be surrounded by real men for a change.

Nick:  There's nothing I can really do about that honey.  These clowns they are putting me up against don't stand a chance and she's just along for the ride.  It is what it is and in a few weeks from now, when I have single-handedly won myself this tournament, you won't have to worry about seeing me anywhere near Blitzen, or whatever the hell her name is, ever again.

Diana:  I'll drink to that.

Diana raises up her wine glass, which is immediately followed up by beer glasses being raised by all five men.  The group all clink their glasses together and drink, with Diana finishing off the little bit of wine left in her glass before putting it down on the table.

Diana:  Alright, I think that's enough for me.  I'm going to get some sleep.

Nick:  Alright babe.  Don't worry about me, I think I'm feeling up for a night with the guys.

Diana:  That's fine with me, just don't wake me up when you come upstairs.

Nick:  You got it.

Diana comes up from her seat and gives Nick a quick kiss before leaving the room and going to head upstairs.  As soon as Diana gets out of site, Tony immediately hops up from his seat.

Tony:  SHOTS!

Tony goes straight over to the liquor cabinet and in the process pulls out a bottle of Jameson.  He then reaches in and manages to grab 5 shot glasses in his free hand, bringing them back over and placing them down on the table in front of all of the men.  Nick looks down at the bottle and glasses as a smile crosses his face.

Nick:  I guess it's going to be one of THOSE nights, huh?

Tony fills up all five of the shot glasses, passing one out to each of Nick, B, Jimmy and Max before taking one for himself.  Nick then raises his shot glass up in the air.

Nick:  Cheers!

Big B:  To my cuz, the future tourney champion!

The rest of the group raises their shot glasses and then all five men throw them back, quickly drinking down every last sip.  All five of them then quickly slam the glasses down on the table.  After just a moment, Max springs up from his seat and goes running off to the bathroom, drawing laughter from the rest of the crowd.

Tony:  Friggin' lightweight.

Jimmy:  The guy IS like a hundred pounds soaking wet, ya know.

Tony:  Well... yeah.

Nick:  And then there were 4.  It looks like we've kicked off ourselves a little "last many standing" competition.

The rest of the group simply nods as Tony grabs the Irish whiskey bottle and fills up four of the shot glasses as the scene slowly fades.

<hr width=50%>

The scene opens back up the following morning, inside of Nick's bedroom, where Diana is seen comfortably curled up on one side of the bed, and Nick sprawled out on the other side, hanging halfway off the bed and hardly covered by any sheets, looking far worse for wear.  It is at that moment the alarm on the nightstand next to the bed starts to blare.  After a groan that can be heard coming from Nick, he rolls over onto his stomach before reaching out towards the alarm clock then grabbing it, picking it up and pulling it to cause the plug to yank out of the wall before dropping it down onto the hard wood floors of the bedroom.  Nick rolls back over to go back to sleep, but it does not last long as Diana quietly begins to speak in her half-asleep state.

Diana:  Get up.

Nick:  Nah, I'm good.

Diana:  You have to.

Nick:  Why?

Diana:  You've got that SCW interview thingy.

Nick:  Screw them, I'm just going to ignore it.

Diana:  No, because if you ignore it they'll keep calling the house until you answer or call in for the interview, and then I'll have to kill you.

Nick:  But...

Before Nick can even get out another word, Diana takes her foot and kicks Nick, knocking him from his balance on the edge of the bed right off onto the floor.  Nick gets up and looks at her in a clearly fogy haze before mumbling in her direction.

Nick:  Bitch.

Diana simply grunts in return as she waves a hand away at him before rolling over and going back to sleep.  Nick then stumbles up to his feet and stumbles over to a side table in the room and grabs his laptop off of it.  Nick then stumbles out of the bedroom and heads on over to an office he has setup upstairs in his home, and puts his laptop onto a charging mount.  He then opens it up and turns it on.  As soon as the computer finishes booting up, Nick then starts to log into a video chat service, despite him looking in quite bad shape, with his hair a mess and him currently wearing nothing but a pair of boxers.  The video service takes a few moments to log in, drawing Nick's ire in the process.

Nick:  Come on you piece of crap.

Nick smacks the side of the laptop, which of course generates no response at all.  A few moments later, the service finishes logging in and not long after that a request comes in for a chat which he immediately accepts.  As the video window comes alive, a close-up of the face of Ms. Rocky Mountains becomes visible on the screen.

RM:  Hey Nick, how are...

Rocky immediately stops talking as she gets a good look at Nick.

RM:  Thanks for dressing up for this, Nick.

Nick seems less than amused by this comment as he grumbles in his response.

Nick:  Whatever.  What's it to you, miss... whatever.

RM:  Not doing so well, are you?  You look like hell and sound even worse.  I mean, you couldn't even attempt to come up with a comment about my jugs.

Nick:  I'm hung over, what the hell do you want from me?

RM:  It wouldn't have been the worse thing from the world if you could have thrown on a pair of pants, especially if you're going to sit far enough back for me to see all of you.  You do realize this is a VIDEO chat, right?

Nick looks himself up and down before glaring back up at his computer.

Nick:  Every single week I'm wearing wrestling trunks and no shirt, seen by you and people all around the freakin' world on top of that.  What the hell is the difference?

RM:  Tough to argue with that one.  Although your trunks don't have a little flap in the front, so you might want to watch that there, Nick.

Nick looks down and quickly closes up his legs before proceeding with the conversation.

Nick:  I want to go back to sleep.  What the hell do you want?

RM:  Let's start off on something you've been curiously quiet about given your interaction with him the past few weeks.  What is your issue with Matthew Kennedy?

Nick:  The better question is what is his issue with me?  And how stupid is this guy?

Nick waits for a moment and says nothing else, seeming to confuse Rocky.

RM:  Um, were you waiting for a response from me?

Nick:  I really don't know.  Whatever... anyway, my point is that it's about time this putz learns a lesson.  That piece of crap can keep on running his mouth, but it's time he learn it's only going to get him into trouble.  He hasn't stopped talking about our matches for months now, and he keeps badgering my buddy, Mark.  Now ole Hot Stuff may not want to waste any of his time with this dipshit, and I sure as hell don't blame him, because Kennedy isn't worth any of our time, but somebody needs to shut his stupid ass up, and I guess I'm going to have to be the one to do exactly that.

RM:  What makes you so confident about that?

Nick:  Because I've shown I can, what the hell else is there to say?  Nobody can deny that.  The only mistake I made the last coupe of times was cutting him a break and letting him still be physically capable of running that trap of his.  He was one of the great many successful title defenses I had during one of my two reigns as SCW Heavyweight Champion.  He bitched and moaned about that match time and time again.  So he got himself another match against me.  What happened that time?  Oh, that's right, I beat his ass again.  Yet he still won't stop running his mouth.  Well I've learned my lesson now and it's time he learn his too, as I'll go ahead and do it all one more time, although this time I will make sure that when I'm done, no matter how much he may want to, Matty-boy won't be able to say a single damn word.

RM:  Ok then.  To move onto another topic, last week you had your match in the first round of the "Blast From the Past" Memorial Mixed-Tag Team Tournament, teaming up with SCW Bombshell Champion Vixen to secure a victory over Giani Di Luca and Faith.  What were your thoughts on how that went?

Nick:  It went exactly the way I said it would.  I carried Rudolph's...

RM:  Really?  This again?

Nick:  What?

RM:  Her name is Vixen and you know it.

Nick:  Whatever you say, toots.  Anyway, I carried her, her hooves and her antlers to victory just as I said I would.

RM:  Yet Vixen is the one who scored the pinfall in that match.

Nick:  It's all a matter of context.  It's not particularly uncommon for the tag partner who gets the pin to not be the reason they really won the match.  Just look at what happened in that match a little closer.  That Jersey douche Giani went running scared from our match like a little bitch.  Maybe he actually did learn something from that former punk friend of his, Spike, before he finally wised up and dumped his association with that loser.  He learned that he doesn't stand a chance against me.

RM:  Many are saying that Giani's leaving that match had nothing to do with you.

Nick:  Sounds like a great story and all, but it's not the truth.  We had our time in the ring together and he learned the hard way he didn't have what it took to go toe to toe with me.  He realized he was about to get forced back into the ring with me and get his ass beat square in the center of that mat and he couldn't take it, so decided he'd rather be known as the coward he is than having to take the ass-beating that was coming for him.

RM:  Well this week we move onto the second round of the tournament, where you and Vixen are teaming up to face off against quite the impressive pairing of Thatcher Rex and Misty.  What are your thoughts on that match?

Nick:  What's there to say?  They've proven they weren't quite as big of losers as the losers they disposed of in the first round, but that's not really saying much now is it?  We've got some SCW newbie hasn't done crap to prove his worth around here, going up against this company's only-ever two-time Heavyweight Champion.  Does anything else really matter?  That Musty broad...

RM:  Misty.  Come on, Nick!

Nick:  Right... she may not be all bad for a chick, but she's still a chick.  The chick on my team is apparently the champion of chicks, so there you go, but when there are men around, it's not like anyone really thinks these broads are going to make a damn bit of difference.  So in the end, it will come down to me and this new member of the SCW's line of nobodies, which tells you all you really need to know.

RM:  You keep talking about carrying your partner to victory, but I think it is worth noting that your tag team record since entering SCW has been significantly worse than your singles record, which would suggest you are not at your best when forced to team with people.

Nick:  It's still a winning record isn't it?

RM:  Yes, but you have twice as many tag team losses in nearly half as many matches.

Nick:  Listen, there's only so much I can do.  What do you really expect?  Not much I can do to stop someone else from getting their ass pinned when I'm busy taking care of something else now is there?

RM:  I suppose not, but it merits pointing out that you have had multiple tag team matches that resulted in you getting pinned.  What do you say to that?

Nick stops and seems to think the question over for a few seconds before slamming his laptop closed, putting an end to the video chat.

Nick:  I'm going back to bad, that's what I say.

Nick gets up out of his seat and stumbles back out of the office, heading back to his bedroom.  As he gets back inside, he tries to move quietly but isn't particularly successful as the hardwood floor creeks with each and every step.  Nick eventually slides his way into bed, trying not to move things around too much, but clearly at least somewhat wakens Diana.

Diana:  That was quick, huh?

Nick:  Yeah, I didn't feel like getting into this long drawn-out thing with her, and she understood that.

Diana:  Closed the laptop on her again, huh?

Nick:  Well, um...

Diana:  That's what I thought.  Go back to sleep.

Nick:  You don't have to tell me twice.

Nick rolls back over and both he and Diana drift back off to sleep as the scene fades to black.
>