Author Topic: [ THIS IS MORE THAN A COMEBACK! ]  (Read 424 times)

Offline Kevin Carter

• View Profile
    • Kevin Carter
[ THIS IS MORE THAN A COMEBACK! ]
« on: February 05, 2013, 01:25:49 AM »

\'user

[ THIS IS MORE THAN A COMEBACK ]

I found myself lying there in my bed wide awake. Amy on the other hand was out cold and for good reason. I had put the girl through one hell of a night. She was going to be sore in the morning, but that’s just the way she liked it. About that time I heard my phone vibrate on the bed side table. It didn’t take long for me to grab it and realize it was a text message. As I read the text message I felt Amy roll over and groan a little bit.

#THEPUNKPRINCESS ;; AMY MARSHALL:Who could be messaging you at seven in the morning?

#THEMAINATTRACTION ;; KEVIN CARTER:It’s a text message letting me know about Climax Control. I have my first official match coming up in Laughlin, Nevada.

#THEPUNKPRINCESS ;; AMY MARSHALL:That’s good Kev. Have any idea who your opponent is?

#THEMAINATTRACTION ;; KEVIN CARTER:Someone named Daniel Tyler.

#THEPUNKPRINCESS ;; AMY MARSHALL:Hm.

#THEMAINATTRACTION ;; KEVIN CARTER:Hm… what is that supposed to mean?

#THEPUNKPRINCESS ;; AMY MARSHALL:It’s just interesting to me. That’s all.

#THEMAINATTRACTION ;; KEVIN CARTER:Yeah, about that. Why is it interesting? Clearly there’s some reason behind it.

#THEPUNKPRINCESS ;; AMY MARSHALL:“Well, it is interesting that they are throwing you up against such stiff competition right away. I hope that you’re ready for something like that. You haven’t been in the ring in about five years.

I know that Amy didn’t mean any harm with what she said, but it was a little insulting to me. I proceeded to set my phone down on the table and push myself out of the bed. This caused Amy to lift her head up and look over at me.

#THEPUNKPRINCESS ;; AMY MARSHALL:What’s wrong?

#THEMAINATTRACTION ;; KEVIN CARTER:I know you didn’t mean any harm by what you said Amy, but seriously you’d say that to me? You hope that I’m ready for such stiff competition. You want to point out that I haven’t been in the ring in five year – like that’s supposed to play a factor or something.

#THEPUNKPRINCESS ;; AMY MARSHALL:No offense or anything Kevin, but being out of the ring so long can play a factor when someone does get back in the ring. There is a little thing called ring rust. I know you’re talented but that is something you need to take into consideration.

#THEMAINATTRACTION ;; KEVIN CARTER:I have took that into consideration, much like I have took a lot of other things into consideration. Let’s get something straight though Amy. If I thought ring rust would be a factor, I wouldn’t have signed my name on that dotted line. If I didn’t believe I could come back and be everything that I was five years ago. I wouldn’t have so much as considered a return to the wrestling world.

#THEPUNKPRINCESS ;; AMY MARSHALL:I understand all that Kevin, and I’m sorry if I offended you in any way, shape, or form but if you know that I didn’t mean any harm by what I said. Then why are you so worked up over it right now?

#THEMAINATTRACTION ;; KEVIN CARTER:“I’m worked up over it because it’s guys like Daniel Tyler that are getting all this praise and being hyped up to be stiff competition or being hyped up to be the next big thing or being hyped up to be whatever when in reality they don’t deserve to have that kind of hype or to have those kinds of things said about them.

I took a moment to breathe. I was getting a little worked up and maybe I was getting a little more worked up than I should, but I was passionate about what I had done because for three years I was the hottest thing in wrestling. I went from being a rookie and a nobody to being the biggest thing ever – I got there because I worked my ass off to get there unlike most of the wrestlers and the kids that lived in the business today.

#THEMAINATTRACTION ;; KEVIN CARTER:While someone like Daniel Tyler was still in high school or just getting their foot in the door to this business. I was the one that was on the road every single night living the dream and proving I was the best. While guys like Daniel Tyler sat at home and marked out like the true mark he is. I was being a Heavyweight Champion for seven hundred and thirty days. Something that no one will ever come close to doing or achieving and something I am sure Daniel Tyler will never do.While Daniel Tyler was just learning how to bump and do it the right way, I was being inducted into a Hall of Fame.

Just one year after I started wrestling – that is something that is completely and utterly unheard of and it is something that will never ever happen again in this life time or the next. See, the point I’m trying to make here Amy is this. I deserve to be called the Main Attraction. I deserve to have all the hype that I do. I deserve to be considered something special because I busted my ass off to get there something that Daniel has never done, and I’ll be damned if I’m told he’s this or he’s that when he hasn’t done anything close to what I have done. Sorry, if you don’t get that and sorry if you think I’m going off on you but it’s the truth and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

#THEPUNKPRINCESS ;; AMY MARSHALL:You’re right Kevin, I made a small mistake by suggesting some things that I’m not a hundred percent sure on. I think anyone would make that mistake and quite possibly have a little bit of doubt but you’re right. You were the best during your time. I’ve seen the matches you’ve showed me. I see why everyone called you what they called you, and I should have known that you’re someone that’s going to do what you say you’re going to do. I just hope you can forgive me.

#THEMAINATTRACTION ;; KEVIN CARTER:It isn’t a matter of forgiving you, and there’s no need for me to forgive you. You didn’t intentionally try to offend me. You didn’t claim that Daniel was better than me. You didn’t do anything wrong aside from give Daniel more credit than what he deserved but I got a feeling you aren’t the only one that has done that with him or anyone else in SCW for that matter. I can tell you this much though: SCW, Daniel Tyler, and everyone else is going to find out what true talent is and what it means as well as takes to be classified as one of the best.

On that note I let out a deep sigh before I grabbed my basketball shorts off the floor there and slipped them on. I grabbed my black t-shirt that was tossed on a chair across the room only to slip it on. That’s when I sat at the edge of the bed and started to slip my tennis shoes on. Amy was now sitting up as she caught my attention once again.

#THEPUNKPRINCESS ;; AMY MARSHALL:You aren’t mad at me are you?

#THEMAINATTRACTION ;; KEVIN CARTER:Not in the least bit.

#THEPUNKPRINCESS ;; AMY MARSHALL:“Then why are you leaving?

#THEMAINATTRACTION ;; KEVIN CARTER:Because while Daniel Tyler is probably off sleeping. I’m going to head to the gym – which leads to results and that way when Climax Control comes. There’ll be no excuses on my end and I’ll be able to prove without a shadow of a doubt I’m the best thing to ever exist in wrestling, and the best damn thing to ever hit SCW.

By that time I had finished lacing up my sneakers and pushed myself up off the bed. I made my way around the side of the bed long enough to plant a firm kiss on Amy’s lips and then proceeded to make my way out of my bedroom. I had less than a week to get ready and why I didn’t believe I was going to have an issue with beating Daniel. I had to make damn sure I was at the top of my game and I had to make sure there was no reason for anyone to make any kind of excuse or accusation. After all as far as I was concerned this was more than just a comeback.

----- ----- -----

[ V-LOG #1: THE RETURN ]

Being the busy person that I am. I have to make due with what time I have for little things. Today, I had to cut a promo for my debut coming up in SCW. Something that’s not exactly easy to do when I’m on the road for other business projects but thankfully I always had my camcorder on me. Using the dash of my car I propped it up before turning it on and hit the record button. Seeing as I was a cut to the case kind of person. I wasted no time jumping head first in.

#THEMAINATTRACTION ;; KEVIN CARTER:For the last five years I have been out of the public eye when it comes to professional wrestling. For five years I have done my own thing outside the wrestling business. For five years I have kept away from anything professional wrestling related and the reason being. I felt I had done everything there was to do. I retired and I had no intentions on ever returning to the squared circle, but I guess deep down I should have known better. After all in this business you never actually retire. Somehow someway at some point you end up sucked back in because you get that itch.

I nodded my head a little bit. In the back of my mind I always had the small thought I wouldn’t ever be gone for good but at the same time I had accomplished so much in just three years. I didn’t see the point in going back as I didn’t feel I’d be challenged but obviously things change over time.

#THEMAINATTRACTION ;; KEVIN CARTER:And that’s exactly what happened to me. I got the itch and I decided it was time to come back. I decided it was time to pick right back up where I left off. Only difference is I’m not returning back to the company I made a name for myself. One, it no longer exists and two, even if it did there’d be no point in me going back because there’d be no challenge. I was the longest heavyweight champion there, I want two years undefeated and while most people would go back to what’s comfortable just to be back in that spot. I refuse because I want a challenge, and from what I hear SCW is the place that’s going to bring the challenge I desire.

Now I know exactly what’s going to happen the moment I walk through those arena doors. I’ll get strange looks from people – as a lot of people will wonder who the hell I am. I’ll get a lot of dirty looks because I’ll be viewed as the rookie and the kid that’s trying to take everyone’s spot. I’ll get people trying to give me advice just for the sake of some people wanting to see new kids excel. Then the moment I step through those curtains every single fan in that arena is going to go nuts. People will remember me, and people are going to confuse me with someone that has come back to entertain them.

In this business anytime someone made a return after an extended absence. They were automatically welcomed back with open arms and what not. I knew that’s what was going to happen the moment I stepped through the curtains. I’d get cheers but make no mistake about it. I wasn’t there to be a good guy and I wasn’t there for the fans.

#THEMAINATTRACTION ;; KEVIN CARTER:I didn’t come back to be a good guy. I didn’t come back to entertain the fans. I didn’t come back to listen to people’s advice. I didn’t come back to give a damn if someone hated me and I didn’t come back to make people know who I am. I came back for two reasons and two reasons only. The first reason being, I came back to be the best. I came back to be the Main Attraction. I came back to be the headliner. I came back to be everything I was once before, and because I can do it. Now the second reason happens to be the SCW Heavyweight Championship that sits comfortably around the waist of Spike Staggs.

See, why everyone assumes I’m the rookie and I’m the new kid on the block. I’m not going to allow myself to be treated like such. No, on day one I am going to target the biggest and the best name in the company. That at this current time happens to be Spike, and while I might not be anything to him. While he might not know who I am or even so much as care to who I am. While he might view me as just a rookie with a big mouth. I guarantee this much, I’m going to be the rookie and the kid that ends up knocking him off his block. That guy that knocks him off his pedestal and becomes the next champion.

Of course I had an ego and it was rather deserved in my opinion. Sure it wouldn’t go over well with others but I wasn’t a people pleaser and like I made it clear I wasn’t there to make friends. I was there to be about myself and be the best like only I knew I could be. That’s just as simple as it got.

#THEMAINATTRACTION ;; KEVIN CARTER:But as the old saying goes, you have to start somewhere and that would explain the opponent I have for my debut match. Daniel Tyler, and allow me to just get this out my system right now. The fact that the higher ups in SCW tried to pass Daniel off as something special and tried to pass me off as someone that really had to try is a fucking joke. I have done my research and Daniel Tyler hasn’t done a damn thing that’s worth mentioning. He hasn’t done a damn thing to get the hype that he got. He doesn’t deserve to be passed off as someone that is greater than me – especially when most of the people in SCW had never seen me do anything in this business.

If there’s anyone out of the two of us that deserved to get hype and was deserved to be passed off as something great it was me, but you see I can tell how things are going to work around here. Clearly, I’m not going to be given the respect I deserve. I’m going to have to go out and take the respect that I deserve. Much like I took the World Championship when I worked for WWER. Much like I took the career of Shawn Michaels back in the day. Much like I took the virginity of my ex wife. Much like I have taken everything else I have ever wanted in my life. I have no problem taking the things I need and this time around won’t be any different. SCW is going to end up giving me what I want regardless.

I simply shrugged my shoulders a little bit. I didn’t care how I got what I wanted. I didn’t care how I got what I wanted. All that mattered is I got what I wanted and that’s all that was ever going to matter as far as I’m concerned. But of course, I still had to make sure Daniel Tyler understood a little something about me.

#THEMAINATTRACTION ;; KEVIN CARTER:Daniel Tyler, here’s the best advice I can offer you. I suggest that you don’t go off what people have said about me. I suggest that you don’t buy into all the hype that you are getting. I also suggest that you put your own ego aside because entering this match with me where you’re running your mouth and talking about how you are this great, that great, how I’m this and that. How you’re going to beat me with ease and what not. None of that is going to get you anywhere at all. In all reality all it’s going to do is make me laugh at you.Way I see it. I don’t have to talk about how great I am because my legacy speaks for itself.

I don’t have to talk about how much better I am than you because the moment we step into the ring with each other it’s going to show. I don’t need to brag about this or that because truth be told it’s going to go in one ear and out the other. Truth be told there isn’t a single person in the locker room that’s going to believe in anything I have to say. You aren’t going to believe in anything I have to say. Like I said it’s going to go in one ear and out the other. That’s fine with me. And the reason its fine is because you are the one that is setting yourself up for failure. Take it for what you will Daniel, but I will say this much. On the night I make my debut in SCW things are never ever going to be the same around the company ever again.

I proceeded to look at the cameras with an ever so arrogant smirk and gave the cameras a little wink before reaching up hitting the off button on my camcorder. I have said pretty much everything I felt needed to be said. I wasn’t much of a talker unless I needed to be and as far as I was concerned in this particular situation. I was going to let my actions speak louder than my words. One thing was for sure though, the night I debuted at Climax Control things were going to be change forever in Sin City Wrestling.