Author Topic: I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends  (Read 492 times)

Offline Kate Steele

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • "The Nurse" Cynthia Warren
I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends
« on: April 16, 2021, 11:52:11 PM »
Seattle Washington
Ripley Household

Kate Steele honestly didn’t know what to do with herself. She really hadn’t been feeling well for the past five months and it’s a feeling that goes all the way back to that of High Stakes. Kate Steele had poured everything into her match against Evie Jordan. It was supposed to be the match where she would ascend to the next level and overcome that hurdle so she could go into the heart of the main event. However what ended up happening was that she lost to her biggest rival in SCW and she did so by submission. Ever since that day Kate hadn’t been feeling it. Her career was faltering and it wasn’t where it needed to be. She didn’t know where else to turn so she had decided to fly out to her best friend’s home for the week. It had been a while since she had visited Violet Ripley. She stood outside of the home as she waited for Violet to come to the door. Moments went by and as soon as it did Violet came to the door. She was all smiles as she saw Kate standing there.

“Hey Kate, long time no see why don’t you come inside!”

As soon as she said that Kate didn’t hesitate to hug her best friend. It was a very tight hug as Kate really didn’t want to let go of the red head. It wasn’t long before a little girl ran over to Kate and hugged her as tightly as possible.

“Hi Auntie Kate… I haven’t seen you in forever!”

That little girl was none other than Kate’s goddaughter Lavender. Kate smiled as she looked right into her eyes and offered her a smile.

“I know… It has been a while… I really missed the both of you. Why don’t we have a seat and I am sure we can catch up on so much…”

With that Kate was let right into the home. The blonde made her way over to a sofa and she took a seat. Violet just shook her head as she gazed right into the eyes of her best friend sensing that something is wrong. She slowly looked over at her daughter smiling at her.

“Pumpkin why don’t you go run along and play, I know your auntie will want to spend a bunch of time with you. The two of us need to have a chat though for grown-ups talk. We will spend time with you when we are done…”

The little girl nodded her head before she ran away.

“No problem mommy… Take care Auntie Kate and I can’t wait to play with you…”

With that the little girl finally runs out of sight leaving just Kate and Violet together. Kate doesn’t say a word as she just sighs in return. Violet hovers over Kate out of concern for her friend.

“What’s going on with you Kate, do you need me to get you a tea or a coffee?!”

Kate quickly shakes her head in return as she just keeps looking right into the eyes of her friend.

“Actually I don’t think I need anything… I was hoping that the two of us would simply be able to talk. You know I wouldn’t have come all the way over here if it wasn’t important…”

Violet finally decides to take a seat next to Kate as she gazes right into her eyes.

“So what’s wrong?! I know I was a little taken back when you were crying frantically on the phone that you really didn’t know what to do with yourself. You know I am always here for you if you need me. Isn’t that what friends are for?! Although I would like to think we are more on the lines of sisters instead of best friends…”

Kate let’s a few tears roll down her cheek as she nods her head in return.

“Truthfully in my eyes you are family, and I wouldn’t be here if you weren’t… The reason why I wanted to speak is because I feel so lost in my life right now…”

Violet gives a befuddled expression before she leans back but never loses sight of Kate.

“What do you mean lost?! This is supposed to be one of the happiest times in your life. You and your husband are going to have a baby in six months. You have a wonderful daughter, and you seem to be having a lot of fun with your rock band. Things seem to be going okay from the way I see things…”

Kate however just shakes her head in return before offering a long drawn out sigh. More tears begin to stream down her face as she looks right into the eyes of her best friend.

“I know and honestly I should feel at least happy. I am so thankful that Cindy agreed to carry my egg. That means the world to me. It means that I don’t have to step away from the business and I can continue on with my life plus Todd can finally have a child even though we already adopted a beautiful girl. As good as all of that sounds I just feel like there’s no place for me anymore. My cousin Ruby has decided to get into wrestling and the both of us are in the same company. Within four months of being there she has already done something I haven’t done. She has won the Blast From The Past and on top of that she has an amazing record. She has earned her right to receive a championship match and I have never been in that position ever. Sure I might have won the Golden Contract and could have challenged at any title but in my eyes it’s not the same…”

Kate begins to sigh as she continues to share her heart.

“On top of that I can’t even say that I had a lot to do with her training. She is the one who went out of her way to train with Mikah. It’s like I didn’t even mean anything to her. She has really taken everything she could from Jet City South and she is fighting her way into being the best student from there. I am supposed to be one of Kristopher’s teachers there and I have only been a failure ever since. Things haven’t been going well for me. Since losing to Myra Rivers I haven’t won anything and I got embarrassed at the biggest show of the year in High Stakes. How do I explain a non-technical wrestler in Evie making me tap out to a submission… I just feel like I am a shell of who I used to be and there’s no way out of this mess…”

Kate can’t help but cry some more as Violet hands her a tissue as Kate continues to express her feelings.

“Where do I even go from here, I don’t even know what to say to my fans. There are people questioning on what happened to Kate Steele. There are others that are saying that my little cousin has already surpassed me and there’s nothing else for me to do. I don’t even feel like I could honestly stand on a stage and really become Diamond anymore because deep down I still see the fuck up that is Kate Steele. I thought about maybe walking away from everything. I have this letter ready to hand to Kris Ryans telling him that I resign from my status as a teacher at the gym, and I am going to let the girls in the band know that I am going to step away from the group…”

Violet shakes her head before she looks deeply into her eyes.

“I know all of this probably hurts you but you need to remember where you were in the past especially in LAW. Do you remember our time in LAW, you were the first ever World Champion…”

Kate just sighs as she shakes her head glancing back at her friend.

“Yeah how could I ever forget… I was awarded the championship because everybody left the company and therefore I was handed the title. That’s not how I wanted to become a champion. I held it past one Pay Per View and right after the first major show I lost it when I had to defend it a second time. That run was over before it even begun…”

Violet nods her head as she smiles in return.

“Exactly but your journey could have stopped right there but it didn’t. You worked your ass off and you founded the Pink Ladies. Your hard work eventually brought you to the second biggest championship in the company and you won that. Not only did you win that title but you held it for a decent amount of time. Sometimes in life things don’t go exactly the way that we had envisioned them to go. We can’t just quit when things don’t seem so clear. Sometimes we just need to push on and when you work hard for something that’s when the biggest blessings will come. Right now you are just in a slump and are you going to let that get in the way of what you wish to accomplish?!”

Kate thinks about it as she wipes the tears out of her eyes and continues to speak.

“I don’t want it to hold me back by any means. I want to push onward. I just don’t know if I have it in me…”

Violet looks deeper into Kate’s eyes.

“The truth is you do have it in you. You are just saying you don’t because of what you have been through. You need to understand something though. Every single shortcoming should just make you even that more determined to accomplish the things you wish to accomplish. By all means I know you can quit and walk away from it all but what would any of that accomplish?! What would you be teaching your daughter?! What type of message would you be sending to your future child?! This is your chance to finally do something together with your husband. This is your moment and you can make this moment yours…”

“I just don’t know Violet… I don’t know how I feel. I can hear the people talking about me. They feel since High Stakes I have disappeared off of the face of the planet. They feel it’s been a travesty that I haven’t gotten any further. There is a piece of me that really wishes to buy into all of that. Maybe I just am not who I used to be…”

Violet shakes her head in disgust glaring deeper into Kate’s eyes.

“Bullshit… First of all your cousin Ruby wouldn’t be anything if she didn’t have you to pave the way. Where would any of the Gems be for that matter?! I know when you were first getting into the business you could have that young and brash attitude, and not really care about anything. However you are going to turn 30 this year. You are in a different place and you are there to serve as the experienced one to whoever looks up to you. That goes for your cousin, your band, and to anybody at that school. You may not realize this Kate but at the end of the day they all need you… You can get back to the top. You just need to believe in it…”

“Do you think I can get to where I need to be Violet?!”

Violet thinks about it as she nods her head in return.

“I know for a fact that you can and that’s simply because I have seen you do it before. You have done it on different occasions so what is to stop you from doing it once again?! You totally got this. What you need to focus on is actually bringing it back out so you can go about doing it... You also have a husband by your side and together I know you both can make something happen.”

Kate takes a long deep breath as she nods her head in return.

“I think so too… It just feels like it has been a while… I guess the only thing I can do is go out there and do my best…”

“You need to do more than that… Just bring out the very best version of yourself and you can accomplish just about anything. Now don’t say what you are going to do, just go do it… This is your moment Kate. This is your moment and don’t let anybody take this away from you…”

“I won’t… It’s all or nothing… If we don’t get past this challenge I really don’t know what else there is left to do. We have to get past the Black Sheep we just have too…”

‘Kate… You got this… Just breathe and whatever emotions are holding you back. When you step into that ring just release them. Once you do… You will feel a lot better…”

Kate looks over at her best friend as she smirks in return.

“Thank you so much Violet… I really don’t know where I would be without you in my life…”

“Listen… What are best friends for?! That’s why I am here… Now do what we all know you can do… Be the best you that you can be…”

With that Kate sits there knowing she has a lot to think about. She just continues to look at her best friend and we slowly leave on an image of her being focused.

It feels like forever since I really been in a main event in SCW...

I know me and my husband just wrestled at the Super Card of Blaze of Glory but that was my first match since losing to Evie Jordan at High Stakes. I know that is a long time to go without a match but I just needed to fix some things in my life. I had to figure out what was going to happen with me when it came to wrestling in SCW. After being embarrassed to Evie in having her put a submission on me and me tapping out for the whole world to see. Where was I to go from there?!

I have built myself as being a little submission machine. A woman who could beat the bloody brakes off of just about anybody but I didn’t want to take my dose of humble pie. During these three months I have gotten tons of fan mail and people have been asking what happened to Kate Steele?! She was building up to be something big. She had aspirations of being a World Champion and really was willing to do whatever it took to get there but it all just disappeared after losing to Evie…

You want to know what happened?! I lost confidence in myself. I just didn’t know what to do anymore. I thought maybe it was the best time to get pregnant and follow in what my husband wanted for our family. If I got pregnant it would be a great excuse to leave the business for a while. However something pulled at my seams that I shouldn’t go through with that. Through everything I know I am not a quitter and regardless if you saw me tap out against Evie. The truth is I refuse to be a quitter.

You want me to be bloody honest with you all?! Truth be told on top of everything I just didn’t think I was good enough. I started to get jealous of my little cousin Ruby. Ruby had only arrived in Jet City South in October and started to get rolling. As soon as she did she went on a crazy unbeaten streak and managed to pull out some crazy wins out of her arse.

I was jealous of that because how could she be doing things that I just couldn’t do?! I know people might have called her Kate Junior but I have never won a Blast From The Past… I have never beaten Myra and she already accomplished things that I just failed in the end.

Do you know how it feels to come so close but to really be so far?! I was going to step out of the way and let Ruby have her way in the son, and I was going to leave all of it. I was going to leave wrestling, leave the gym, and even leave music because nothing seemed to click.

That is when it hit me… At the end of the day I am Kate fucking Steele and I just can’t walk away even when it gets tough. It just means I need to push harder than before and I need to chase after something else. I need to do something in a big way and go after something that nobody else was going after.

That thing being the Mixed Tag Team Championships and you have no idea that these titles mean everything to me right now. Now I know we have already seen this match before and the Black Sheep had our number but to be blunt. We just didn’t have the passion in the match that we do right now. We have so much to prove right now.

My husband might have lost to Coby Quik at the Super Card but in this main event things will definitely be different. He will take care of business of Coby and you can mark my words on that. However I want to address Mikah.

Now Mikah can I just say that I actually do have respect for you. I want to go on the record and thank you for the work you put in with my little cousin. If it wasn’t for you I don’t think Ruby will be in the position that she is in now. She have helped groomed her into being a dominant wrestler. You have helped her focused and have really gotten that girl’s life on track. She needed somebody as stable as you because Lord knows I can be quite the little fuck up.

I am known for being all over the place and for most of the time I know I stretch myself thin. I really don’t know how I do it at times. I help my mom run the bakery she owns, I hope teach at the gym, I portray myself as Diamond of the Gem Stones, I become the kick ass guitarist for Griffin Hawkins band, all the while being a wrestler, and playing wife & mommy duties at home. I am really all over the place but for a woman who stretches herself so thin I can say that I actually make it look good.

I am really successful at it. However while I can respect your in ring ability as you have practically won a huge list of whatever there is to accomplish in this company. What I can’t respect is the shit that you said to my husband. Do you think I honestly give a bloody fuck on the way that you interact with Mark?!

To be honest I don’t give a damn… Whatever you do that’s on you and that’s your prerogative but you won’t disrespect my husband to my face. Can my husband do some stupid shit?! Of course he does but who doesn’t make stupid decisions at times. Is he a buffoon, yeah I can say he is that. However he is also the same man that saved me 12 years ago from committing suicide. He is the one that helped me believe in life and in myself. If it wasn’t for Todd I wouldn’t even be here let alone become the successful wrestler that I have become.

I think you are getting confused with the way he presents himself on social media because behind the scenes when the camera isn’t rolling he is the best man that I know. He is the father to my children, and he is my husband. I would take a bullet for him. I would die for him and I would do anything because he saw something in me that I didn’t see in myself. He helps me in so many ways and he definitely is my blind spot. On top of that you disrespecting him is a way of disrespecting me. As a married couple he is my other half and is an extension of me.

It’s nice having a loving man who is always there for me and despite a few hiccups along the way I am proud of my marriage. I know it may not seem like it at times but that marriage goes beyond the realm of wrestling or anything like that. Maybe if YOU weren’t such a fuck up you would value how important it is to be a stable woman. You wouldn’t have to worry about what people think of you because of who you are attached too because you would find stability with somebody.

To me it annoys me seeing you complain about what happens after the show and you have no idea where you wish to go afterwards. You have so many places you rather be but for me it really doesn’t matter where I am at as long as it is with my husband. That is what is the most important thing to me.

The moment you decided to shit on my husband is when I knew you basically were attacking my relationship and me. It’s not even about the Mixed Tag Team Championships anymore. That’s honestly a bonus but it’s about making sure I stay in the ring so that I could fuck you up.

I don’t give a damn at your accolades or everything you might have accomplished. I plan to humble you and despite you being in a team that has broken all the records I plan to BREAK that STREAK by BREAKING you and ending this little title reign. I know this is the way to hurt you and I know deep down through everything I have the power to do so because I have beaten you before.

I have beaten you in a singles match especially when everybody thought you were the big bad Mikah but honestly it doesn’t even affect me. I am not buying into any of the hype.

I know I might be the bombshells worst enemy because in beating you I know that means you can probably start chasing after a singles title again. It would mean you back in the fray of pursuing greatness and that means you would be in the way of every single bombshell who is looking to build themselves up.

That’s not my fault but it certainly be with the Mixed Tag Title around your waist because I am going to teach you a lesson to not talk about somebody’s loved ones. Just because you don’t see the good in somebody doesn’t mean they aren’t important.

Besides to be honest I really am shocked that you became a Mixed Tag Team Champion in the first place. It is a known fact that you don’t necessarily play well with others. So I don’t know how you were able to co-exist with anybody for a length of time to actually do something. That is something that really baffles me…

It doesn’t matter consider this my official return to being exactly where I need to be. If people have questions on what happened to Kate Steele or why she went silent they don’t need to worry about that anymore. This will be my big reappearance to the roster and there’s no better way than by winning a championship and taking down the woman who is apparently supposed to be the end all be all.

That in itself is a bunch of poppycock because I don’t think you are better than me. When I beat you Mikah I will probably be able to put the Mixed Tag Team Championship around my waist but what would be even more special is the fact that my husband is also going to have the championship around his waist as well.

The both of us would be one championship away at that point from being a Grand Slam Champion and you know we will do whatever it takes to finally make it past that next hump so we could both go down in the history books as potentially being some of the best of the best. Maybe Hall of Famers one day. However we won’t get anywhere unless we get past this match first and we know we have the ability to do this.

We just aren’t partners in the ring. We are partners in life and we have a bond that is unbreakable. When we uttered the words til death do us part it means we will have each other’s backs. When the going gets tough we are right there for each other. Teddy and I both wish to get right back to the forefront of wrestling. We wish to showcase that we still have what it takes.

I can’t picture of having a better way to win our first Mixed Tag Team Match EVER in this company of SCW then by beating the so called best team ever and doing it together. Teddy and I can be a successful team and at Climax Control you are going to see why.

I know we are the biggest threats to your championships and come Sunday we are going to take what we should have taken from you at Blaze of Glory. It doesn’t matter if you put me in the main event or the fucking opener for all I care. The result is going to be the same.

I don’t know if you realized this Mikah but in case you are wondering just who the fuck I am?! I am the SIREN… I am here to choke Bitches out and to take arms. I pride myself on being the best submission bombshell on the roster in the smallest package. You might have a cupid hold but it won’t be anything if I put you to sleep with my triangle choke.

Can you hear that sweet Melody in the background Miks?! It’s the beautiful song of victory well at least mine… Sadly for you that will be the Siren’s Song and just like in folklore when a sailor listens it to it’s conclusion it leaves them SHIPWRECKED…

Your ship is about to sink and I am ready to sail again…

I am the Siren and I will have that title raised proudly above my head… Cheers but you have no one to blame but yourself for this… Don’t you ever talk shit about my husband again. See you in the ring. Protect your neck and your arm because I will be looking for both of them….

Cheers….

user posted image

user posted image