Author Topic: Another busy day  (Read 953 times)

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
Another busy day
« on: March 01, 2013, 03:32:29 PM »
  The face of Hot Stuff Mark Ward appears on the screen, in an undisclosed location.

HS: Well, I think after last week, we can truly see that as the boss, I still got it, when it comes to cutting promos, I still got it, when it comes to taking care of things, I still got it, and I didn't have to hang around with drunk morons to prove it. Sorry I didn't turn up at that Perfection Connection little get together, I guess my invite must have got lost in the post, but I wouldn't have gone anyway, you see, the Perfection Connection was stronger when it had me, when it come to kicking people stupid enough to stay in there, it showed big weaknesses. See I'm actually pretty good at moving on, I'm actually pretty good at getting to the next level, I guess that's why I out grew the lot of you. I hope the reunion was fun for you Billy, but the thing is, in the back of all their minds, even Jordan's, I bet they were thinking how there was something missing. How your driving force was gone, how the thing that made PC perfect, was gone. All of you all suffered great loss the day I out grew you. It's a loss you may have to feel again soon, because you're about to watch another loss from your alumni, the loss of the career of Billy James' career. Keep watching, we'll get to that part soon but first, I gotta deal with some boss shit.

Hot Stuff smirks.

HS: I'm happy letting some people go, that never stepped up to the level needed, but sometime, you have to keep your bigger stars tied down. I think everyone is replaceable, but sometimes, you just don't want to replace them. Except me, I'm irreplaceable. Yeah, let's deal with that shit before saying goodbye to the career of Billy James.

Hot Stuff Mark Ward quickly stops his red sports car outside a house surrounded with trees. He looks around the surrounding area, unfamiliar to him but recognizable to SCW fans as the home of Gabriel and Odette Ryder. Hot Stuff checks a piece of paper in his hand on top of a folder and shrugs his shoulders as he walks to the door. Hot Stuff lifts his hand up and taps on the door, waiting for a few seconds for someone to answer the door. The sound of feet stepping across hard wood floors is heard from behind the door, shortly followed by the turning of a handle. The door pulls back to see Odette Ryder standing behind it.

Odette: Hey, it's Marky Mark.

Odette looks behind Hot Stuff

Odette: Where's the rest of the boy band?

HS: Rehearsals.

Odette: I hope you have Gabriel's permission to be here.

Odette looks in to the camera and then back to Hot Stuff.

HS: I was hoping he was gonna be here, patching up that love life of yours.

Odette quickly clears her throat.

Odette: And why would he be here? Last time I saw him he was running away from me, and I don't chase.

HS: Yeah, I got that from the promos and tweets, but isn't that his car?

Hot Stuff points to a Bugatti Veyron, parked out in the open. Odette looks across.

Odette: It is, well was, I took it our earlier. Are you here to see him?

HS: Both of you actually.

Odette: Oh?

HS: It seems I have a couple of contract issues to deal with, with the pair of you, hoping to kill two birds with one stone as the saying goes.

Odette: Well there's only me here, but you better come in.

HS: Thanks.

Odette holds the door open for Hot Stuff who quickly walks inside. Odette shuts the door behind him and points to a door in the hallway. Hot Stuff walks towards the door, opening it up and walking inside, only to be met with a small dog, looking curiously at him.

HS: Nice dog.

Odette: Thanks, he's my new pet.

HS: Cute.

Odette leads Hot Stuff to a kitchen counter, a breakfast bar of sorts, and Hot Stuff leans against it, placing the folder on it's shiny surface. Odette stands the other side.

Odette: Can I get you anything?

HS: No, I'm ok, but I watched your last promo.

Odette: Yes?

HS: Seems like you're not a very happy SCW bombshell anymore. I saw the right on the nose hints about a new contract. I saw the punch in the eye to both Christian and I for not reaching out to you and I saw the tweet about not chasing after you. I thought I should come here and explain a few things.

Odette: Don't you have a match to be getting ready for?

HS: Don't you?

Odette folds her arms across her chest

HS: First things first, most people don't get called in for contract negotiations till a few weeks before their current deal runs out, people generally already know if they want to sign or not and contrary to what people believe, we never have to sit at a table every day for six months to agree a new deal. It doesn't work that way. We know what we're willing to pay people. If that doesn't meet their expectations, we take the deal off the table. When we sit there and talk about new contracts and such and people decide that they are worth much more than they really are, we have to consider that over all budget.

Odette: Well look at you sounding like a businessman.

HS: It's what I do now. I spend more time crunching number than anything else. If someone demands so much, that it puts us at a loss, or takes up so much money, we miss out on key signings, than SCW suffers as a whole.

Odette: So it's all about profits to you?

HS: If it was, I would have stuck a middle finger up to SCW after a few months. In the first months, throwing on just a couple of shows, Christian and I was about eighty grand down? We were leaking money everywhere. It took us almost a year to break even and get that eighty grand back. People think we tour, we're rich. Nope, that money comes directly out of my pocket and Christian's pocket. We budget for everything on those tours out of our own cash until advances come through. Last year, that cruise thing put me back personally six figures to pay for everything. All the money from that went back in to SCW. We have to work on a tight budget here and that cruise was a turning point for a lot of people, none so more than you.

Odette: Well thanks for the financial advice there.

HS: If I was to give you financial advice, it would be never piss your money away running a fed, cause that stuff will make your bank manager suicidal.
Odette: What does all this have to do with you being here?

Hot Stuff slides the folder in front of Odette.

HS: Your new contract. Financially, it's probably short of what you expect or feel you're worth, but this is why we negotiate. That right there is what SCW think you're worth.

Odette: Ok...

Odette flips open the folder, looking at the first page in the folder.

HS: You probably think that you're worth more than what's written there, but I'll level with ya. Right now, we don't have a clue what's going through your mind. Going on Twitter talking about leaving, doesn't exactly put you in a good place.

Odette: Since I've put that, I've become more in demand Marky boy.

HS: Since you've put that, it's shown less commitment to SCW. Why would we break the bank to keep you if you're using us as a way to bump up your price elsewhere?
Odette smiles

Odette: Isn't that how business works?

HS: To some extent, yes, but again, we have to stay in budget and using others to bump your price up here, won't help because we break that budget, we end up going broke, every wrestler, cameraman, announcer, medical staff, guy who Tweets all day, lose their jobs.  

Odette shakes her head.

Odette: Marky Mark, it's not about the money, it's NEVER been about the money. Look at where you're standing, does it look like I really need money?

Hot Stuff looks around.

HS: Nah, it's a nice place here.

Odette: Right. You saw the car, you know about the places Gabriel and I have. If we go our own ways and we sell them off, do you really think I'm gonna be sitting in the poor house? The tweets have never really been about money.

HS: Then what's it about then?

Odette sighs

Odette: I've worked hard for SCW since I've been here, but lately it feels like I've been over shadowed constantly by people who haven't put the effort it. I feel like I'm doing this for nothing. I want to feel needed and wanted.

Hot Stuff rubs his forehead.

HS: Last week, I sent you a message to call the office to sort this out. The plan was to sit down with Christian and I to hash this thing out, get it all tied up an initially agreed on, send you away to think about it while lawyers typed it all up, did all that legal crap and have you sign it ASAP. You wanted to be chased and here I am. I should be thinking match, but I'll be thinking that later, but here I am, to try and get some kind of agreement that will keep Odette Ryder in SCW. Me being here should show how wanted you are by SCW. This should show you that we've taken extra steps to try and tie this thing up and keep you with us.
Odette looks back at the contract

Odette: A get out clause for you?

HS: Yes, put in because your mind seems to be thinking about other avenues that we can't stop. That's to protect us in case you start throwing your efforts mostly elsewhere. That clause would take away any payment you would receive should we release you.

Odette: Well you really know how to make a girl feel wanted.

HS: There's also a clause in there for a heavy bonus, should you complete the contract. A loyalty bonus if you will.

Hot Stuff points to a part on the page just below where Odette's eyes are look.

HS: That bit right there is what we call a yearly pay rise, ten percent extra at least guaranteed if you choose to sign a contract after this one expires.

Odette: Are you sure you're gonna be able to afford that?

Odette smirks after her sarcastic comment, but Hot Stuff stays stone faced.

HS: We'll find out.

Odette: What's this one?

HS: Ten percent rise if you capture the bombshell title, five if you capture any other others, renegotiate if any NWA titles fall in your lap. Salary drops to base rate if you lose the titles.
Odette closes the folder and looks at Hot Stuff.

Odette: Lots of good clauses in there, but none I want.

HS: This is where we do that negotiating thing.

Odette looks seriously at Hot Stuff.

Odette: I want a title shot.

Hot Stuff smiles.

HS: Christian and I have been wanting to give you that for a long time.

Odette shakes her head, her hair flowing side to side.

Odette: Not for me, for Gabriel.

Hot Stuff looks confused at Odette.

HS: Ummm, I thought you two hated each other or something. Meeting to fix things, it all going wrong.

Odette sighs.

Odette: No matter what I feel for him or what is going down at the moment, you can't deny that he deserves it.

HS: That's a huge ask. We've never put something like that in someone else's contract.

Odette: It's one of the clauses I would like written in to this one.

HS: We've dealt with people demanding title shots in their contracts before so them, but never for someone else on the roster.
Odette: I thought that's what SCW was about, doing things differently than everyone else, being the first to do new things.

Hot Stuff runs his fingers through his hair.

HS: This is a new one on me, I'm gonna have to work hard to get this one to fly past Christian.

Odette: Well while you're getting that to fly by Christian, I have one more thing to get to fly past Christian.

HS: Ok... but you might want to sit down and talk to lover boy before I this.

Odette: Why?

HS: We got a request from Synn this morning, requesting Gabriel's release after Blaze Of Glory II. Christian's considering it.

Odette: Why is he doing that?

Hot Stuff shrugs his shoulders, looking at Odette.

HS: Things must have got to him I guess. Either way, it's all being considered, that's why I was hoping to see him here.

Odette sits in silence

HS: Anyway, back to you. What so you want?

Odette: I want something Mark, something no other bombshell has ever achieved...

Hot Stuff lets out a slight huff by breathing sharply though his nose.

Odette: If you promise to remove all road blocks and talk Christian around, I'll be the best pin up girl for this company... Think about it Markable.. You'll get it.

Hot Stuff tilts his head to the side, chewing on his bottom lip, before looking back at Odette Ryder.

HS: That's what's gonna make you stay, huh?

Odette nods at Hot Stuff.

Odette: That's what I want.

Hot Stuff stands up, looking at Odette.

HS: If I make this work and get this stuff past Christian, it will be a miracle, you know that right?

Odette: I guess we'll find out how much Christian wants to keep me here.

Hot Stuff walks out as the scene fades

HS: Time to take you back to the beginning of January 2011. I'm forever being asked how I ended up in this situation where I'm now running a fed rather than just kicking arses and taking names. Everyone can clearly see I still got it, but they're always asking how I ended up in a partnership owning SCW with Christian Underwood. Back in the old days, Christian and I were not exactly best of friends, we ran in different circles. It's not like we had days out together, or hung out much. I did go to his house a few times when we was in his hometown, like the did with me when on tour of England, but it wasn't like we were best friends, so it's strange how some things just seem to happen. If it wasn't for one chance meeting, Sin City Wrestling wouldn't have exist. Why the fuck did I even bother saying yes and putting myself under all this damn stress? Fucked if I know, but if I could go back and have changed my mind, I seriously would have considered saying no, running and leaving Christian to find someone else to do it. If I could see how much shit I would have to deal with, I'd have not so politely told him where to shove it. Anyway, January 2011.

A busy restaurant is seen in Las Vegas, Nevada, with waiters and bus boys moving in between tables, taking orders and moving dishes. The camera moves to Christian Underwood sitting at a table with husband Scott. Scott looks at Christian.

Scott: You know this could be seen as stalking, right?

Christian: It's not stalking to accidentally run in to an old friend.

Scott: It is when you tracked him down and got a table big enough for four and paid the guy to make sure his table was next to yours.

Christian: Well...

Scott: Why do you even want that guy? He's a dick, he's always been a dick that looks out for no one but himself.

Christian: Maybe but he has all we need. He was born in to wrestler, has a lot of contacts still in wrestling.

Scott: How do you know Chrissy? He hasn't wrestled in years.

Christian: Because no one forgets Hot Stuff Mark Ward.

Scott rolls his eyes at the mention of the name.

Scott: This is a mistake.

Christian: Name one other person out there who can draw the people in like he can? The mention of his name makes people look around. If this is gonna be a success, he could be a big part of it. The fans will come from miles around to see a promotion owned by Christian Underwood and Hot Stuff Mark Ward. Do you know how many times we've been at the top of polls for people's dream matches? I'm not saying that's gonna happen...

Scott: But will draw people in to find out.

Christian: It can't hurt Scotty.

Christian smiles, but Hot Stuff and Angelica enter the restaurant. A man leads them to the table, next to the one Christian and Scott. Christian stands up.

Christian: Mark Ward, is that you?

Scott rolls his eyes as Christian shakes a confused looking Hot Stuff's hand.

HS: Christian Underwood, it's been a long time.

Christian: I know, what are the chances? Would you and Angelica like to join us? We have enough room.

Hot Stuff fires a look towards Angelica, who shrugs her shoulders.

HS: Sure, why not?

Hot Stuff and Angelica sit down opposite Christian and Scott. Christian picks up a bottle of wine from an ice bucket and pours some in to glasses close to Hot Stuff and Christian.

HS: Thanks.

Christian nods and smiles

HS: I've been here a few times Christian, never seen you guys here. How's life treating ya?

Christian: It's ok, I've been working on a few new projects in the works. What have you been doing with yourself? I haven't seen you out on the wrestling scene much these days.

Hot Stuff picks up the wine glass, taking a sip.

HS: Because I'm not mate.

Christian: Oh?

Christian says with a raised eyebrow. Scott shakes his head slowly, having seen Christian like this on many occasions.

HS: What's the point? I mean as wrestlers, we bust our arses and never get a chance to reap the rewards. Spend over three hundred days a year bouncing around the country, always one move from being in a wheelchair for the rest of your life. After Generation X Wrestling and Global Championship Wrestling, I thought it might have been time to move on from it all, spend some cash, spend some time yelling at football referees rather than referees counting slow.

Christian: Are you still in touch with many of your old work friends?

HS: Are you trying to make me feel guilty for not staying in touch?

Scott: I can say without a shadow of a doubt, that is not why he's being polite.

Christian hits Scott on the leg.

Christian: I'm curious. I still see a lot of the people out there that we used to work with, but not sure if you keep in touch with any of these people.

HS: I speak to Jordan still, Austin Parker, occasional call from Nick, mostly when he wants to sell some crap on me. It's mostly phone calls from people here and there. I'm pretty sure I can pick up the phone and be on terms with people again. I did have Synn, Shane Boswell and Fantasia come and stay with me a while ago at Christmas. Just sort of showed up.

Christian: Really? What were they doing?

HS: Tour of England

Christian: So they were still wrestling?

HS: No, Synn was managing and Shane and Fantasia were training this new team called Sinful something. A guy that seemed cool, calm, did a few magic tricks and this strange little fella called Josh or Joshy or something. He had half his head shaved with tattoos down the side, spoke to a teddy bear a lot.

Christian and Scott look at each other, but a nod from Angelica confirms that this is indeed the truth.

Christian: Were they any good?

HS: Oh yeah. I went to the show, they won the tag titles. Impressive team. I think the bear is evil though.

Christian rapidly blinks.

Christian: Ummm.

HS: Kept just randomly appearing in the strangest places. I mean the last thing you want to do is start getting some action and the bear just randomly appears at the end of the bed.

Christian laughs but Hot Stuff's face looks serious.

Christian: You're joking, right?

HS: Nope, randomly appeared.

Christian slowly shakes his head.

Christian: Do you miss it?

HS: The bear? No, that thing was creepy as hell. If I never see that thing again, I'll be a very happy man.

Christian: No, I meant wrestling. Being in the ring, the roar of the crowd, the cheers, the boos, the high spots.

HS: The bullshit, the backstabbing, the injuries.

Christian: Well, whatever floats your boat.

Hot Stuff quickly shakes his head.

HS: Not a chance. I miss the atmosphere at times but getting beat up, I don't miss. I always used to push myself way too much in the ring, always looking for the next step up. I do not miss half killing myself for a few extra zeros on the bank account. I already have money, I'm set for life.

Christian: What if there was a way where I could maybe get you the thrill of the wrestling scene again, without the need to get back in the ring?

HS: No.

Christian: Come on, you haven't heard me out yet.

HS: I don't need wrestling.

Christian: But what if wrestling needs you?

Christian plays on Hot Stuff's oh so famous ego. Hot Stuff looks up at Christian.

HS: What do you mean?

Christian: Scott and I have been living here a while and we've been to a few wrestling shows and Mark, the conditions suck. Rings are too solid, it's dangerous for these guys, people get hurt on a nightly basis.

HS: It's the career they chose.

Christian: Yes, but they are forced in to working for these places because wrestling in this area is dying out.

HS: So what do you want me to do? Buy them a ring?

Christian: I'll get to the point, I want to give these guys a safer place to work, a chance to be able to go home to their families, without spending the next day in too much pain to pick up their kids.

HS: Cutting to the chase, you wanna open your own federation, don't you?

Christian: I want us to open our own federation.

HS: Nope.

Christian: Come on, at least hear what I got to say about it.

HS: Got a name?

Christian: Sin City Wrestling.

HS: Nope.

Christian: Why not?
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
Another busy day
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 03:33:07 PM »

HS: Oh no reason, I just don't really want to get in to this. Come on, it's got disaster written all over it.

Christian: Why? It will be run by two men with star power across America, Japan and Europe, it will attract people to us. It gives a chance for a lot of local talent to be known and work safely.

HS: This is a bad idea. You wanna put in all that time and effort, to put on shows for fifty people every night.

Christian: We can sort out a streaming deal, pimp you out to places to get people interested. I thought your name could still sell.

Again, Christian plays on Hot Stuff's ego.

HS: My name can sell sand to an Arab, but think of it like this. We won't make a pot to piss in for months, we would have to cover losses constantly until someone took a chance to stuck this show on screens, laptops, tablets, phones, all around the world. Why would anyone take a chance on us when there's much bigger already out there.

Christian: Your name for one. Hot Stuff Mark Ward, returning to wrestling...

HS: To run a cheap shitty show in Vegas for one man and his dog every night. It's not gonna work Christian, this idea is crazy. This idea is going to put you two in the poor house or sleeping on my sofas. This is a bad idea and I'm not the man to run this.

Christian: You grew up involved in it. Your father involved in two huge federations, you were there. It's not like we're gonna take it up and down the country.

HS: This is a bad idea Christian, an awful one. Worse than most Nick Jones ideas and those are pretty bad. This will never take off. Wouldn't get past two shows because it will not make the money.

Christian: So I'll take a loss for a while, but these people should be able to work in better conditions than this.

HS: So tell them to get the hell out of Vegas. It's a place built on cheap and tacky shit. Go to a place like New York, where they still have some value in wrestling.

Christian: People can't up and move just like that.

HS: I did, you did, Scott did, Angelica did. We all left our home towns to get out there for wrestling fame. If you want it bad enough, you can't sit on your arse, you have to go where wrestling is better. I can't sit here and throw in time, money and effort in to a place, just because you feel sorry for people.

Christian: Tomorrow night, Gold Coast Casino. There's a show there, just turn up, meet me there, see the conditions for yourself, if you still feel like this, then I understand, but I put money on you changing your mind.

HS: It's not gonna happen. It's not a good enough reason to just open a place, because peoples work conditions suck. I mean do you think being a fire fighter or something like that is a safe working environment? No, because they can get seriously hurt every day. They're not like wrestlers, faced with working a match. Every situation they go in is different and they don't complain and you don't run around telling fires to calm down cause it could hurt someone.

Christian: I can't make a difference with that, but I can make a difference to these guys.

HS: So you two do it.

Hot Stuff points to Christian and Scott, but Scott scoffs.

Christian: Scotty doesn't want to do it, but I know you could make it a success.

HS: Still no.

Christian: Just show up at that show tomorrow, 8pm. If it doesn't change your mind, than I'll leave it be.

HS: It's not gonna change my mind.

HS: The next night was one of those nights, where something draws you to a place you don't wanna be, just to move you on to the next stage of life. I think the things some people need, are under their noses all along, it's just half the time, you never see them till it's way too late. I don't think this one was right under my nose, but I should have stuck to my guns. I should have just no showed and stayed at home and well, you lot wouldn't be watching and listening right now, would ya? Sin City Wrestling would never have been born, some people would never have met, some people might have been happier that way, but this is how Sin City Wrestling was agreed.

Hot Stuff Mark Ward stands amongst the fans at a wrestling show, about twenty five of them, looking at the ring, a poorly constructed ring with thin looking canvas mats. Hot Stuff shakes his head but Christian Underwood taps him on the shoulder.

Christian: I knew you'd be here

HS: No you didn't. I tossed a coin, you got lucky.

Christian: Told you this was bad.

Hot Stuff looks up at the lighting rig.

HS: That looks like it could fall down at any moment. This is half arsed if ever I saw something half arsed.

Christian: Wanna try blag our way backstage?

Hot Stuff shrugs his shoulders.

HS: Why not?

Hot Stuff and Christian walk towards the top of where there narrow entrance ramp is and move to the side. Christian peeks through the corner of the curtain before turning back to Hot Stuff.

Christian: No security at all.

Christian darts through the curtain and Hot Stuff quickly follows. The two look around at the conditions that stand before them. A few wrestlers stand around, looking displeased, another sits holding his lower back, talking to a fellow worker about the shape of the ring. A huge pool of water lies still on the floor, an electrical light hanging above it. Hot Stuff looks at Christian and shakes his head.

HS: This is a disaster waiting to happen.

Christian: I told you, and this is an average indy show. I know you rarely worked them, but they used to be better than this. Everyone uses the excuse that the economy is bad, wrestlers take work where they can because of it, owners don't care because the people need work. This is the kind of thing we can stop.

HS: Surely all these problems are down to the casino to fix.

Christian: Would you fix them if you can still hire out this place.

HS: Well if we ever have a show here, someone is getting kicked up the arse to fix this shit if they want to take our money.

Christian smiles

Christian: Does that mean?

HS: What have we got to lose, other than serious amounts of money, hair through stress and the will to actually live.

Christian: And a few teeth once you get back in the ring.

HS: Let's make this very clear, I am not getting back in the ring, not now, not ever.

Christian: Well see. To Sin City Wrestling.

HS: Yeah, Sin City Wrestling... hey, can we talk about a name, I'm so not feeling Sin City Wrestling.

HS: Clearly, I lost out on the name thing, we did get this place to clean up it's act and Christian got exactly what he wanted. He got a safer working environment for the wrestler, he drew me back in to this thing, got me in the ring and well, made Sin City Wrestling a well known name. I was right about one thing, for about nine months, we didn't make any money at all, all loses came out of my pocket or Christian's pocket, but not once have we had to cancel or delay a show, not once have we not paid people on time, not once have we flaked on things. We've treated everyone equal, regardless of the shit we've taken, we keep moving forward. There are always worst places you can be. Maybe next time you want to moan and bitch about trivial things, just stop right there. No seriously, shut up and think about what gets done that you don't see, think about the fact that there are worse places to be working under worse people. Anyway, that's how SCW came about, that's how you lot ended up in decent jobs rather than wrestling for shit companies, getting yourself hurt. Hope you lot appreciate this stuff. Right, I got a memorial service to get to... don't worry, you'll see it all

A busy church is seen, people shuffling in and taking seats. Sadness fills the air as people walk down the aisle, moving in either side. A string quartet plays "Pour Some Sugar On Me", a very different, more relaxed version, compared to the heavy rock sounds of Deaf Leppard's version. Dark clothes catch the eye of the watcher, as sniffs are heard, forcing back tears. The sounds of a few people crying are heard scattered around, as people continue to take seats, with their eyes forward. As the crowd settles down, Hot Stuff Mark Ward appears on the stage, walking to the pulpit. Hot Stuff is wearing a black cloak with white collar. He points towards a curtain, which opens to reveal a casket, a picture of Billy James sits on top, his smiling face a familiar site to people. Hot Stuff stands in front of a microphone on the pulpit, as people turn to pay attention.

HS: Today, we're gathered here to mourn a loss. Now I know you might see the picture as misleading, but we are not saying goodbye to Billy James, that sniffling little mutt will still be around, probably stepping out of a homeless shelter, offering to wash your car windscreens, but we do have to say goodbye to the one thing that defines Billy James, the one thing that makes him who he is. We have to say goodbye to the career of Billy James.

Hot Stuff pauses for a second, casting a glance towards the casket.

HS: It never had to be this way, but some things are just out of our control, don't you agree? When Billy was out of the limelight, he was nothing special at all, he knew it, it's why he returned, because he got bored of being a no one, but this choice has cost him so much.

Hot Stuff sadly shakes his head.

HS: Let's look back on the career of one William Christopher James.

Hot Stuff clears his throat.

HS: Young William took his chance at success in a place called All Star Fantasy Wrestling. From day one, this promising career went from strength to strength, beating them all, until he came against a man called The Sadist Logan Kaine, who later become Chef Logan Kaine. Now Billy felt this loss against him was controversial, but me, I saw it as Billy boy getting whooped against a man who could break your back, laugh about it, and really go and try and bake four and twenty blackbirds in a pie.

Hot Stuff smirks

HS: Ah, I remember the great promos from Kaine, but the first sign of Billy not being the man he thought he was, was right there. Billy proved this by quickly joining forces with a man that was better than he was, a man who made future legends, a man called Jordan Williams. Also joined with some loser called Shawn Stasiak, but still, he clung to Jordan like a baby to a tit in hopes of boosting that career of his to a higher level, creating the original, and poorest version of the Perfection Connection, a group Billy held close to his heart through his career. Billy stepped up his game a little bit, taking on Too Sexy James Paige. Now Paige was a big name player in the days of the ASFW, when Billy beat him, it looked like nothing could stop him from moving on up. Well, that was until he got a chance to become heavyweight champion and well, he blew it against a man called Damien Diamond. He can claim he never really lost that one, because a jobber to the stars, Flex, did get beat in the match, either way, Billy just couldn't get the job done, just couldn't take that one step beyond. I'm sure all ten of Billy's fans wept that day.

Hot Stuff mockingly shrugs

HS: I bet they cried for hours, but that loss made Billy stronger, one week later, his career did rocket, he beat Damien Diamond and took that title, ran with it and held it as long as he could before ASFW closed it's doors, merged in with Global Pro Wrestling to form Global Championship Wrestling. Billy never lost that belt, he was finally showing he wasn't just another pretty boy. I guess hanging with Jordan had it's perks, eh?

Hot Stuff smirks.

HS: Career started steam rolling here, because Billy took the GCW heavyweight title and instantly become a star, right up until some crap with a fella called Hugh Jazz, now Hugh was a good guy, he trained me with Jordan Williams, and I don't really know what went on there, but Billy gave up the title, cried like a bitch and watched his career get stale once more. This is where things picked up a little more, because the REAL Perfection Connection was born, the one that Billy is so proud of today. New members Adam Rich, who, breaking down the forth wall here, would sell a nut to get him in SCW, and Edge, joined Billy and Jordan, along with the man who would single handedly raise the profile of the group just by being there, the one and only Hot Stuff Mark Ward. Months later, Adam and I were showing we were the break out stars, me with the top title, Adam with the second, Billy looking like someone starved of the sunlight, it was always about me and Adam, all till that Craig guy returned and threw Billy and I in the firing line against each other, where the Corporation put the belt on Billy.

Hot Stuff sadly shakes his head.

HS: That was match one against me, and he beat me with help from the enemy. I remember how that made me feel, I remember how it felt like a big fuck you to all I done, just to kick Billy's stale career up the arse. It's not a surprise I returned a little angry, but anyway, back to Billy's career. Billy thought he had the world at his feet, because of help from the bad guys, his career took a boost while he didn't care about mine, who really was the bad guy in this thing, you decide. When I returned, I made Billy famous, I gave him the recognition he craved by coasting him the title, I made him famous, I made his career something special, it took off while I kicked it down. See, if I hadn't took that title away from him, Billy wouldn't have gone on and beat Damien Diamond, to become a three time champion and set himself up for the biggest match of his life, the biggest match of his career, a match against the biggest star in the sky, me. That ninety minute Iron Man match that I beat Billy in, made sure that no one forgot his name, that no one ever forgot Billy James, because people remember the match, I made them do that, I gave Billy the career boost he needed, just by beating him. No one forgot him after that, he never got lost in the shuffle. Billy didn't need to stand up to me again, and try to look elsewhere to feed his ego, he turned back to Jordan Williams.

Hot Stuff places his hand firmly on the pulpit.

HS: He knew Jordan's reputation for helping people bounce back, and Jordan must have felt sorry for him, because he teamed with Billy, adding another string to his bow, leading him to Liberty Cup glory and Tag Team title glory, I guess Jordan Williams saved Billy's career when he said yes to being his partner.

Hot Stuff smirks.

HS: Then War Games, Eight Vs Eight. Another chance for Billy to make himself look good, but needed the help of me once more. I'm sure Billy remembers the meetings before hand, Jordan trying to play peace keeper, people waiting for the explosion, waiting for the dynamite to just explode. People can talk about that accidental superkick that I caught Billy with, it truly was accidental, well, the first one anyway, but I won that match for us, I dragged us over the line, so once again, I made Billy James look good, he was known again, he was back in the spotlight, his career went up, he was offered outside wrestling stuff, just because of that night when I made him and The Perfection Connection look like stars.

Hot Stuff points to himself.

HS: I made you all look like stars, to the point we went at it again, across two federations, Global Championship Wrestling and Generation X Wrestling. Because I was in Generation X Wrestling, people knew who Billy James was when he showed up out of the blue, to try and give himself meaning again. After that, GCW closed, Billy James had nothing, he stepped away from wrestling after that kind of career and just became plain old William Christopher James again.

Hot Stuff clears his throat

HS: Looking back at it, all his major success, had a lot to do with me. If I would have turned my attention on someone else, they would have been known a lot more, but I made Billy James' career much better than it ever should have been. After wrestling, Billy tried to drain the dime out of the pocket of poor wrestling fans who remember him as the man who got beat in more matches than one against the legend that is I, the man who run ninety minutes with me, only to lose his titles. I made Billy James' career what it was, and now, we get to say goodbye to Billy James' career.

Hot Stuff motions his hand towards the casket.

HS: I gave him most of his career, I made him look great to the point of having a life filled with more than he could have ever imagine, and at Blaze Of Glory II, Billy James will be going out in that Blaze Of Glory, he will be finished, his career will be over because Billy and I will never do this again, Billy and I will end something we started many years ago. The career of one William Christopher James will come to a bloody end before your very eyes. It will be goodbye to Billy James, goodbye to your career, I play god and now it's time to send that stinking career to hell.

Hot Stuff bows his head.

HS: Goodbye Billy boy, you won't be missed.

Hot Stuff turns and walks away

An open grave is seen, and a familiar casket lowered in to the ground, with the picture of Billy James on it. Hot Stuff sits with his legs dangling in to the hole. Hot Stuff looks down at the picture of Billy James. Hot Stuff is still seen wearing the vicars outfit from earlier.

HS: One more great promo just for you Billy. It will be the last, as you must be able to work out. It's been all these years now, how do you feel knowing it's all coming to an end now?

Hot Stuff looks seriously.

HS: All the best things come to an end and this is yours. It's been fun flashing back to the past, fun thinking about all the times I've kicked the hell out of you. It's been fun sitting there thinking about the past. You have done some work at last, I guess I lit that fire under you one more time. I guess it was a lot of fun for you sitting there around all that GCW stuff.

Hot stuff looks up at the camera.

HS: You opened with a line like "remember me?" Ironic thing Billy is without me, no one would remember you, no one would even know who are you. No one would have a clue about who you are, or what you've done, no one would know who "Beautiful" Billy James is. No one would give a monkey's cock who you are, but once again, it's down to me to keep your name relevant in today's world. When you disappeared, wrestling changed, the whole show changed and people like you become a dime a dozen. People like you rolled in and the older people like you, got forgotten. You have been forgotten, until I gave you that breath of life once more to make you seem like you have some kind of credit to your name. While you sat at home scratching your arse, I was out here giving the world what they needed to see, I gave them the gift of me.

Hot Stuff winks

HS: Best present I could have ever given the world, I gave them me. You sat at home and you can admit this, you watched me on TV every week again and thought to yourself about how you used to be someone people wanted to see, someone people paid to see, someone who meant something to strangers and here you are again.

A slow shaking of the head shows Hot Stuff's disappointment.

HS: Must be fun talking about your little victories years ago, eh? I get why you do that Billy, because you simply have nothing else to talk about. You got lucky against Nick Jones and well, Casey Williams is nothing special, I could beat him with my eyes closed. You're less than impressive Billy, nowhere near impressive if I'm honest. You talk about those little victories like you're the same man as you used to be, but let's not get ahead of ourselves Billy, you're nothing like the man you once were, you're nothing like the guy you used to be. That man is gone, he's been gone for a long time and nothing you can say will ever bring him back. Sitting there knocking one out thinking about all those precious memories you have from yester year, mean nothing to me, they mean nothing to no one. So you beat me a couple of times, everyone gets lucky once every so often, I mean look at ya wife, everyone knows you're lucky to have a woman like that around. Everyone knows that you seriously wouldn't have pulled that unless you looked like you was going somewhere. I'm surprised she stayed with you after you gave it all up. You're sitting there on past glories which mean nothing to anyone here. The fact is week after week, I've been here, getting involved, beating people who want to go at me, I've busted my balls here, and you wanna live in the past.

Hot Stuff smiles and rolls his eyes.

HS: This is not the past, I proved I still got it against Jordan, Spike and Kain. I put on a damn good match against the TSSA, while you sat at home and paid to see it. That's the difference between us William, that's why you have no chance of winning this one. I never stopped working when I got back, I haven't stopped working since the day Christian and I came up with SCW, I have bled for this place and will do again. I'm not stupid enough to think I'm getting out of this without a scratch, but I will be standing afterwards.

Hot Stuff swings his legs in the open hole.

HS: You're right about some things I can not argue with. It didn't always used to be like this. It wasn't always hate, it wasn't always anger, it wasn't always ego. I thought you were a decent guy, but I was born in to this business. Christ, do you remember when I was Mark Ward Jnr? I do, but I saw how things worked. In this game, no one gives a damn about people who just show up and wrestle, people give a damn about people who work. People who step beyond what is seen as the boundary. It's what we did to get noticed, was it not? The Perfection Connection was pushing the limits, pissing in the holy water in the Mobley's church, Playboy magazine in the bibles, blow up dolls dressed as nuns, Jesus with a feather boa, we did that Billy because we wanted the reaction. When I returned, war games, booted you in the pearly whites, I wanted that reaction. I guess you could ask from my point of view, why I did those things back in the day. You could blame my impedance on youth, you could blame it on immaturity, but we both know I was neither of those. When Jordan bought me in to that group, I think you knew the focus would change, regardless of how you saw things, I think you knew it would all be about me. I think you sat there and thought about it. I saw the signs, I saw the jealousy when Jordan snagged the world champion to give the Perfection Connection credibility. I saw it all, I saw the way your mind was working. Then the ultimate clash, we had the world watching, the world waiting to see what they wanted to all along, us, in the ring. I can't help but wonder how that really came about.

Hot Stuff taps his chin with his fingers.

HS: I'm not sure that Craig guy was smart enough to come up with putting us together Billy, I'm not sure he was sober enough back then.

Hot Stuff winks at the camera.

HS: So who really did make him put us against each other? Maybe it was you Billy, maybe you was playing both sides of the fence, maybe you had it sorted. Maybe that jealousy boiled over to the point of selling your soul to the supreme overlord himself. I mean a bit convenient that The Corporation had someone in that ring, don't you think? How else was you gonna beat me Billy?

Hot Stuff puts his palms out.

HS: You're correct Billy boy, it did all change in that ring twelve years ago, it did change there and then when you took my title, the title I made look good, it changed there forever, but I'm not stupid. It changed because all them years ago, you sold me out.

Hot Stuff puts a look of fake shock on his face.

HS: I get painted as the bad guy, but did you have to step in the ring with me? No, you could have run from world titles like you did in the past, but you stepped in the ring. Everyone thought the sun shone out of your arse but I didn't buy the whole random placement of you being in that match, I don't think the Corporation had two brain sells to rub together to even get a spark, but you were smart enough to come up with this one.

Hot Stuff clenches his jaw.

HS: I made that title what it was, I made that federation legendary cause I had that gold Billy, I made it something people loved, and then you come along and get put in a match you should never have been in. How much did you pay them Billy? How much did you pay Triple H to nail me with a pedigree? This is all way too convenient for it to just happen. You want to know why I changed back then? THAT'S why I changed, because I knew everything you was spouting to everyone was grade A horse shit. I saw it all along, I saw it at the beginning but no one would listen to me, not even my own damn father. Billy wouldn't do that, he told me, but I wasn't buying. I couldn't prove shit, so I had to become that person you see before you and you know what? It was probably one of the best things that ever happened to me. It was probably one of the things that pulled out of true colors of mine, kicking and screaming. You pulled them out, not me, you ripped them from my soul and made a name for yourself using me. And people think I'm the bastard?

Hot Stuff smirks

HS: I did attack you over and over Billy, I did, I did it to get you to come out with why I was doing it. You were the bent one here, and I attacked so people came out and asked the question of why I was kicking your arse so much, I wore a hole in my boot. I wanted you to be put on the spot and asked the awkward question, but you never did come out with it. I think you was closer to the Corporation than people know, I think you pushed yourself in to that match, I think you did a hell of a lot behind my back and off those cameras but I looked like the bad guy. Maybe I should thank you for that Billy, but the simple truth is, you lit this fire, you were the match, I was the gasoline waiting to burn. You set it up Billy, I lit up, I have always looked so much better than you in everything I've ever done. I've been the man that has always done better. Hell, I came back, opened SCW, made it a success while you've been at home, scoffing donuts and paying to stream Climax Control and supercards. You've put money in my pocket, and I am a success for it, while you show up and people wonder who the hell you are. People wonder how the hell you manage to get on this show, but when they look at me, they thank God I still have the ability to put on a wrestling match and give them all what they want. They thank God they have a man like me in SCW. When you showed your face around here, it was just a "meh" reaction.

Hot Stuff shrugs

HS: Really was a meh reaction. This may very well be match five Billy, but they don't care who you are, they only care about seeing me in the ring. You've been trying to end me for years pal, this is your chance, your last chance, you're only chance left to end things and you better hope to God that you end me before I end you because there will be no coming back for you, there will be nothing left for you to hope for, there will be nothing left for you to do. In your tiny little mind, you think you got this one but Billy, you're on crack buddy. There's absolutely no chance at all that you will ever finish me, there's not a chance in hell you can beat me, let alone take away everything that I have. The simple truth will always be in match one, you had a little Corporate help and when it came down to it and all the help was gone, I got back what I should never have lost. I got back the title and showed you who I was, who the better man was. The fact you beat me in London means shit, you pinned me while I was against a ladder climbing out of a freaking river! You never put my shoulders down on the floor. You can try and paint this any color you want son, but at the end of the day, you've never put my shoulders down without help. You won't put my shoulders down in this one. The only way you will beat me, is if I stop breathing and I will not let that happen Billy, you will not defeat me here, you will not claim bragging rights, you won't win the rubber match.

A serious look crosses Hot Stuff's face again.

HS: You will never have the honor of coming out on top against me, you're not the man you used to be and I will expose that, I will make sure that you don't even come close to me in that ring on Sunday. Ain't no stopping me now Billy. I'm messing with the beauty, I'm double dog daring ya to whoop this booty.

An arrogant smirk crosses Hot Stuff's face.

HS: You can talk all you want about everything, you can go blue in the face like a strangled pervert during sex but when it all comes down to it... hey Billy, old school line time.

Hot Stuff clears his throat.

HS: When it all comes down to it, when all the dust has settled and the smoke has cleared...

Hot Stuff smirks.

HS: The only image you will see through the blood soaking in to your eyes, the distance brightness of the lights and the white noise sound of the crowd, is the one and only, legendary, immortal, the simply the best, one of a kind, I just whooped your arse, you didn't come close to mine, LEGEND, that is Hot Stuff Mark Ward. This ain't gonna be a whoop your arse and shake your hand thing Billy. This will be a whoop your arse and wave goodbye thing because God knows by the time you're finished up here, there will be nothing left of you. Your heart, soul, spirit and face will be just a distant memory in the mind of people you used to know. Maybe if you're lucky, the rest of the Perfection Connection will come visit you in hospital. You see I've been through hell against Kain since this place started, and I've seen things I never thought I would, like two women busting each other open like stuck pigs, but come Sunday night Billy, SCW would have seen the most brutal thing in it's history, SCW will see the most graphic scenes of all, when we all say goodbye forever. We will all say goodbye to you Billy James. The old school people like Jordan, Tom, Nick, Misty, Spike, Christian and everyone else who may remember what you've done, will all be saying goodbye, as I go two for two and end another career in a barbed wire hell.

Hot Stuff stands up, looking down at the casket.

HS: I wish I could say I'm sad about it all, but I am doing the wrestling world a huge favor by doing this and there will be no coming back in two years time to try and do it again. There will be no checking the bank account and thinking you need another pay day, cause this just ends here and now, this ends right now. This stops on Sunday. So enjoy the bright lights one more time, wave to the fans, dance to your music, act like the complete tit that you are because it will be the last time these people have to put up with you Billy. Come Sunday, you're gonna wish you never got that contract here, you're gonna wish your mother had a headache the day your daddy was too slow to pull out.

A smile crosses Hot Stuff's face

HS: Yeah, still got it Billy boy, still got the winning lines and I still have the power to make you cry. I still have everything I had back then, and more. I hope you sat there watching those tapes, reliving the history and remembering it all, because now it's time to expose you as the chancer you really are. It's time to show the world who you really are and show everyone, what it's like for you to be in my shadow. People think we clash because we're so alike? People are going to have to sit there and see that we're not alike, that I'm a class above you, I have been from the start and I will be till the end.

Hot Stuff tilts his head.

HS: Class above Billy, class above and there's nothing you can do to stop this. You came back, you tried, you'll get hurt by the end of the night, it's just the way it goes. Now one more time Billy, just cause it will be the last time I ever have to say this against your worthless arse.

Hot Stuff takes off the collar from the vicars outfit.

HS: Run Billy, run, because my name is Hot Stuff Mark Ward and I'm too damn hot...

Slight pause from Hot Stuff.

HS: For your worthless arse...

Another slight pause.

HS: To ever handle!

Hot Stuff drops the collar on the floor as the camera moves down on to the picture of Billy James. Hot Stuff voice is heard in the background.

HS: If that don't get people wanting to watch me kick his arse, nothing will.

The scene fades out to the picture of Billy James on the casket in the ground
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!