Author Topic: Proving ones worth  (Read 300 times)

Offline JustinSmith

• View Profile
Proving ones worth
« on: April 14, 2017, 07:07:44 AM »
 Early Monday morning following Climax Control 176; where Ivan Darrell and Amanda Cortez advanced in the Blast From The Past tournament, defeating the team of former tag team champion and Roulette Champion “Big Tiger” Jeremiah Hardin and former Blast From The Past tournament winner Brandi Shotze with relative ease, you see Ivan Darrell at his hotel room, packing up his gear and other items from his hotel room when he gets a call from his husband, and tag team partner in Dying Breed, Andrew Garcia.  

Andrew-Hey babe, I just wanted to tell you how proud of you I am, seeing that you made it out of the first round of the tournament, just as I did when I competed in it with Mercedes Vargas a few years back.

As Andrew says this, Ivan smiles and answers him, but has a serious tone on his voice.

Ivan-Thank you, and I have a little issue to discuss with you.

Andrew sounds worried as he speaks.

Andrew-What’s going on?.

Ivan-Well, it has to do with something that’s been bothering me for a while, and I didn’t know how to say it, but when Brandi Shotze mentioned it before the match between myself and Amanda against her and Jeremiah last night, I couldn’t help but mention it.  I am tired of people mistaking me for you.

Andrew looks confused.

Andrew-What do you mean?

Ivan-Well, when  mentioned my name, Brandi initially thought I was you, as she mentioned your “Orange Hulk” gimmick you had a few years ago.  Then again, ever since I came up to SCW, I have always been in the shadows of you, as you have been the “more successful” wrestler.

Andrew-I see.  Well, I know I started with the company first, and you followed me here, so as much as it pains me, it is true to a degree.  I mean, I have had some success before you came up, but that success pales in comparison to the successes we have had as a tag team, and even more success as a married couple.

Ivan-I know that, and maybe I will take this opportunity with your injuries to showcase that I can be as successful as you, or even more successful, as you never make it past the second round of the Blast From The Past Tournament.

Andrew speaks as if he is confident in Ivan’s skills.

Andrew-I really hope you do.  I know your opponents for the second round well, and I can offer you a lot of advice on how you and Amanda can defeat them, even though I know Amanda can defeat Mercedes.  I know Max Burke well, and he is a very talented wrestler.

Ivan-I know, and that is what scares me most.  I mean, his team should have slaughtered James Tuscini and his partner, Trish Newborn, in the first round, but it was a lot closer than it should have been.  I will do everything I can to make sure they don’t advance, as I want to get my hands on Dax for causing those injuries.

Andrew-I know, and I heard that Xander Bishop  was let go from SCW after his teams’ loss to Nicolas L. Blair and Jessie Salco.  I think the company was afraid that he would have to face you again, and with the mood your in, due to my injuries, I can’t say I blame them, as you could have seriously injured him.

Ivan laughs when Andrew mentions his mood in regards to Andrews injuries.

Ivan-Can you blame me for being upset.  I mean, Mickey, Giani, Xander and Dax hitting their big moves one after another, breaking a couple of your ribs and concussing you.  I know you would be just as angry as me if you were in my shoes.

Andrew-You’re right, I would be, and I would react just as you did throughout this whole ordeal.

Ivan smiles again, and blushes.

Ivan-Well, I am not the only one who is upset.

Ivan finished packing and heads to check out of the hotel as he continues to listen to Andrew.

Andrew-I know, I saw Christian Underwood’s reaction from the show.  I can’t blame him either, as the tag team division lost a valuable member.

Ivan-Agreed, but until you get cleared to wrestle, the singles division did gain a valuable member in me, and I will prove that I deserve this chance to shine.

Andrew-Exactly. I mean, I had a chance to shine by myself before you came, but you’ve never really had that chance, until now.

Ivan-I am going to take full advantage of this situation to the best of my ability. Look, I have to go, I am checking out of the hotel and making my way to Philly for the next show.  I’ll call you when I get there. I love you.

Andrew-Ok babe, I love you too.

Ivan hangs up and checks out with the receptionist as the scene fades to black.  

Later the very same day, Ivan arrives in Philly, and the first thing he does after getting off the plane is heads to South 9th Street, and specifically to Geno’s Steak Shop to get a Philly cheese steak with peppers and onions.  As soon as he gets his cheese steak, he goes to the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, about a third of a mile away from Geno’s.  He checks into the hotel.

Receptionist-How may I help you?

Ivan-My name is Ivan Darrell and I have reserved a room here for the next week.

Ivan hands the receptionist the printed reservation slip as well as the credit card he used to reserve the room, and she looks up his information in the system.

Receptionist-You are going to be in executive room 103 located right around the corner from here.

She points over to the way to his room at the far end of the lobby after activating his room key and places it with the credit card and reservation slip back on the counter.

Ivan-Thank you.

Receptionist-You’re welcome, and enjoy your stay at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown!

Ivan then takes the room key, credit card and reservation slip, and walks towards the room and enters the room to eat his cheese steak.  After he eats his cheese steak, he goes to the lobby and asks where the health club is located.

Ivan-Where is the health club located?

Receptionist-It is down the hall from here.

The receptionist points in the opposite direction from his room, towards where the health club is located.

Ivan-Thank you once again.

Receptionist-You are welcome once again.

Ivan then goes back to his room, changes into his work out gear, and then heads to the health club to get a work out in.  As he does, he gets a call from his manager, Casey Williams.

Casey-Hey bud, how are you.

Ivan=I am good, just about to get a little work out session in, trying to get my mind in the game to face Max Burke and Mercedes Vargas at the next Climax Control in the 2nd round of the Blast from the Past tournament.

Casey-I know, Andrew and I watched your match yesterday.  Andrew told me you who you were facing this week, and I wanted to give you a few words of advice.

Ivan-Of course, you know I respect any words of wisdom you have for me.

Casey-I know you weren’t around SCW when Max first burst on the scene of ACW, SCW’s sister company, but he is a force to be reckoned with.  After ACW closed, Max came and defeated Hall of Fame member Kain for the Roulette title, and the duo feuded for a long time.  He is a man I truly respect and admire for what he does inside the ring.  If I were you, I wouldn’t take him lightly.

Ivan-I know, I won’t.  I mean, the man did beat James Tuscini, someone Andrew and I have not beaten, in his first match back in about 3 years.  I respect him for that, but his cinderella story will end on Sunday when Amanda and I defeat him and Mercedes.

As he says that, he laughs sinisterly as Casey looks bewildered with Ivan’s confidence level.

Casey-I wouldn’t take her lightly either.  I mean, she is a grand slam champion, and one of the most successful bombshells in SCW history.  She is one of the longest tenured bombshells, and has won a lot of her matches.

Ivan-I know, I am just confident in the skills of Amanda and I, and the fact we shocked the world when we beat Jeremiah and Brandi, as I am often thought of as the weakest link in this team.

Casey-I get that, I just don’t want you to be overconfident and then blow it.

Ivan-I understand.  I will talk to you later bud. Also, thank you for taking good care of Andrew for me while I am gone.

Casey-Enjoy your work out. Catch ya later. Not a problem.

Ivan hangs up the phone and enters the health club and goes to the gym as the scene fades to black.

The following day, Ivan shows up at Boathouse Row, an area of Philadelphia known for rowing, a sport that has always interested Ivan, as he has gone to watch the rowers compete in the Head of the Charles Regatta in Boston in October multiple times in his life, as that event is the biggest event for the sport in the United States, and an event his half brother, Edwin, competed in during his collegiate days at URI.  He walks over to Boathouse #1, the only public boathouse on the Row, and decides to look around.  He gets a call from his half brother, Edwin.

Ivan-What’s up, Edwin?

Edwin-Not much, I was in Vegas, and went to pop in to visit with you, and Andrew said you were in Philly.  I had something for you.

Ivan-Really?  Because I am in the process of getting you something while I am here at Boathouse Row.

Edwin-Sweet, in all my time doing crew, I never got the chance to visit Boathouse Row.  I am jealous of you, as I always wanted to go.

Ivan-I bet, and you could have gone after you graduated, as you currently live in Pittsburg.

Edwin-I could have made the drive on a weekend, but with me coaching crew now, it would be tough for me to make the time to get out there and everything.

Ivan-I forgot you were still coaching, shows how much I have been wrapped up with my own stuff.

Ivan decides to buy 3 Boathouse Row sweatshirts, one for him, one for Andrew, and the third for Edwin at the vendor.

Edwin-I did see Blaze of Glory VI a few weeks ago, and can’t blame you for being distracted.  Knowing how we used to fight as kids, I really hope you use the knowledge that I imparted on you to the best of your ability.

Ivan-Trust me, I will get my revenge on the bastards who hurt my husband, at least those still in SCW.

Ivan takes a deep breath as he tries to calm himself down and to listen to Edwin.

Edwin-Oh Yeah, didn’t one of the dumbasses that hurt Andrew get fired?

Ivan-He did, and for reasons i don’t really know, nor do I really care, just knowing that I, as others in SCW have issues with the Bad Boys faction, especially knowing Andrew is not able to compete for the foreseeable future, is comforting, as I don’t have to take all of them out myself, which would be suicidal.

Edwin-It would be, but it wouldn’t be the first time you would do something crazy though.  Listen bro, I gotta get going, I gotta fly back to Pittsburg soon.

Ivan-Ok, take care of yourself bro.

Ivan hangs up the phone then decides to leave Boathouse Row to get dinner as the scene fades to black.

Later in the week, Ivan arrives at the Avenue of the Arts, which houses the building in which the Philadelphia Orchestra performs in, .  Ivan heads over there and purchases a ticket to watch the Orchestra perform.

Ticket vender-How may I help you?

Ivan-I would like to purchase a ticket for todays concert by the Orchestra.

Ticket vender-That will be $75.

Ivan, looking stunned with the cost of the ticket, hands the vender the $75, and the vender hands Ivan one ticket for the concert.

Ivan-Thank you.

Ticket vender-Enjoy the concert.

Ivan takes his ticket and heads towards the concert hall, and stops before entering the hall to air his frustrations about the firing of Xander Bishop.

Ivan-Xander Bishop is lucky, as he got his ass fired before I could get my hands on him, but looks like that is more fuel I can use towards Dax Beckett, should our teams advance to the next round and we get paired off, but Dax would be lucky to not get paired to face me or one of us to be eliminated..

Ivan takes a deep breath, tries to calm himself down as he’s getting angry and focuses with a fire in his eyes specifically on Dax Beckett, whom isn’t competing this week.

Ivan-Dax, you better pray to god that I do not advance in this tournament or you don’t.  Know this, once we are both done in this tournament, or we get paired up next round should we advance, I am going to do everything in my power to decimate you, and know this, I am not going to rest until you are in intensive care.

Ivan then cackles as he heads down the aisle towards his seat and enjoys the Philadelphia Orchestra concert as the scene fades to black.

On Saturday, Ivan makes his way towards the hot tub in the Marriott health club to reflect on his long week of sightseeing in Philadelphia and he gets a call from Andrew as he approaches the door to the health club, stopping next to it, so other people can use the facility.

Andrew-Hey Ivan, how are you?

Ivan-Worried about you and how your doing, but other than that, I am stressing over my match against Max and Mercedes.

Andrew-Don’t worry about me, Casey is keeping a good eye on me, and having me do a lot of resting and he’s been making sure I don’t exert myself.  I know how worried you are about facing Max and Mercedes, as they are both very good competitors

Ivan-Yeah, I mean, Max comes back after 3 years off, and surprising to some, he and Mercedes beats James Tuscini, a guy we never had success against, and Trish Newborn.

Andrew looks worried for his husband when he talks about their shortcomings against James, when he teamed with Dmitri as the Unholy Alliance.

Andrew-Yeah, I know, but that means that James wasn’t ready to face Max, a man who I have had quite a bit of history with back when he first came up to SCW from ACW.

Ivan-I know, I am just worried that nothing I do will be enough to beat him.

Andrew-Win or lose, I will be proud of you and that you are doing everything you can to be successful without me by your side.

Ivan smiles and blushes when Andrew says that.

Ivan-I know, and I will continue to make you proud as I continue doing what I do best inside that ring until you come back.  Listen, I am going to go use the hot tub for a little while to relax my muscles, as I have done a lot of sightseeing around Philly this week. I love you.

Andrew-Okay.  I love you too.  Talk to you later.

Ivan hangs up the phone and enters the health club and heads to the hot tub and decides to focus some time on his opponents, first with Max Burke.

Ivan-Max, I know you have just returned to SCW, and only have wrestled one match, that being the first round battle against James and Trish, and I know you are a former Roulette Champion.  That means you are better suited, at least in my eyes, as a singles competitor, which I haven’t had a chance to shine.  Then again, you are entered into what I know better, tag team competition.  I respect what you have done as a singles competitor, but know this; I am going to do everything in my power to advance, even destroying a legend in you, as you are one of the two guys left when I saw who was in this tournament I was seriously worried about, and ironically, the other man is another ACW alum in Ben Jordan.  Don’t get me wrong, my mind is on getting revenge on Dax Beckett for what he did to my husband at Blaze of Glory, but he will get what is coming for him on another night, as you will get the best of me come tomorrow.  Know that this is my time to shine, and I won’t let a returning superstar, or anyone else, overshadow me.

Ivan smiles, and then turns his focus to Mercedes Vargas, Max’s partner, a grand slam champion in SCW, and his husbands former partner in the 201 Blast From The Past tournament.

Ivan-Mercedes, I know how good a bombshell you are, being one of the few to have over 40 wins in your career.  But you have lost 49 times and tied once, which means you don’t have a good overall record, but nonetheless, you have won every title available, except the Blast From The Past tournament, and you will make it as far as you made it with my husband a few years back, and be eliminated in the 2nd round, courtesy of me and my partner, Amanda, who beat you in your only singles battle.  Oh yes, I do my homework on my competition, and won’t let a highly successful team like you and Max deter me from accomplishing what I set my mind to, and that is being a Blast From The Past tournament winner, and proving that I can be successful, more successful in this tournament than my husband Andrew, and I already proved that I have done better than my mentor and trainer, Casey Williams, who never made it out of the first round.  I guarantee that Amanda and I will be victorious tomorrow.

Ivan cackles then enters the hot tub as the scene fades to black.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 07:12:58 AM by Dying Breed »

Title reigns
N/a