Author Topic: “The Price of Revenge.”  (Read 899 times)

Offline Krystal Wolfe

• View Profile
“The Price of Revenge.”
« on: April 04, 2023, 08:58:21 AM »
(Whisper and Renegade were used with their handler’s permission)

Krystal was all set to finally advance past the opening round of Blast from the Past but someone had other plans for her, and that someone was a fellow Go Gym Graduate, namely the returning Tempest! The Amazonian Bombshell literally threw Krystal into the crowd right as Krystal was getting ready to tag out to Casey Williams presumably as revenge for Krystal’s attack on Ariana and Cassie!

Now everyone (besides Casey) involved in the decision was in action on Climax Control! Whilst Zoey and J-Mont were taking on Krystal’s Saviours teammate “Godly” Ken Davison and Courtney Pierce in one of the two opening round matches Tempest was taking on Bea Barnhart but where did that leave Krystal? Taking on one of the last challengers from her days as Bombshell Roulette Champion Seleana Zdunich! Can Krystal get the win?

Backstage at Climax Control 557, The Isle of Barbados
Sunday the 2nd of April 2023, 21:00pm

If this is her idea of an April Fool’s Joke then not only is she a day late but it wasn’t funny to begin with!

For the third year in a row I’ve been eliminated from the opening round of the Blast from the Past Tournament but I can’t even say that it was my fault this time because not only did Casey take the pin from J-Mont but Tempest interfered before I could tag myself back in.

All behind the ref’s back off course because god fucking forbid those idiots actually do their jobs and pay attention!

And just to rub salt in the wound? Ariana’s team made it past their opening round match after Ariana pinned Sam, on one hand it was karmic to see Sam get booted out of the opening round after what happened to me in last year’s tournament but on the other hand? My former friend is in the position that should be rightfully mine!

If nothing else, next week’s Climax Control will gave me a chance to get revenge on Tempest! Even if it’s taking us from the sunny beaches of Barbados to some lighthouse in Scotland!

At the time Tempest was scheduled to make her SCW return by treating Bea Barnhart like a training weight whilst my first singles match as a member of The Saviours was a singles match against Seleana Zdunich, the last time I faced her one on one was at my title reign’s peak and I regarded her as my toughest challenger up to that point due to the fact that Seleana is a former World Bombshell Champion, granted that was a few months before Keira stepped up to be my penultimate challenger and before I realised what I now know about Seleana.

Namely? That she’s the walking definition of “peaked at high school”, the fact that she’s failed to gain any meaningful wins in years should tell you everything you need to know about how far Seleana has fallen.

”How long do I have to wait?” I asked the medics as they checked on me, I had been in the medic’s office since my Blast from the Past Match concluded and they refused to discharge me just yet, which is just perfect because I have a flight to Grand Junction to catch in the early hours of the morning and at this rate I was going to miss that flight. ”I’ve been here all night!”

“Sorry Ms. Wolfe but management insisted that we keep you here.” The medic apologised and I rolled my eyes, I could probably guess which member of management had made that call. “They don’t want you risking further injury by seeking out Tempest or Jessie Salco.”

”Just fucking great!” I grumbled in response before the doors to the medics office opened and I glanced up. ”Whisper?”

“I’ll take her from here.” Whisper told the medics and they shared a look as the retired wrestler stepped into the office. “My medical staff at Hell’s Gate can assess any damage Krystal took from Tempest’s attack and as her personal trainer? I’ll see too it that she’s healthy for the match against Seleana.”

“Err, no offense Ms. Whisper but we’re just following orders.” The medic responded and Whisper turned to her. “And these orders come from Mark and Christian.”

“I’ve already spoken to them they agree that they can’t keep Krystal here all night.” Whisper responded and that was all the medics needed to discharge me, as I followed Whisper out of the medic’s office she turned to me. “How are you feeling Charlotte?”

”Like I got run over by a bull elephant.” I grumbled in response as I picked up my pace a bit to keep up with the older woman. ”You’d think Tempest wouldn’t interfere in a Blast from the Past Match like that! I’m not saying that I wasn’t anticipating some blowback from the other Go Gym Graduates but I was under the impression that the tournament was supposed to be held sacred.”

“And yet the last two tournaments had semi-finals with tainted losses, but that’s not what I was talking about.” Whisper responded before she turned to me and I stopped in my tracks, I wasn’t exactly a short woman at 5ft 5 but Whisper was 5ft 11 and therefore still had a few inches on me in height. “”You didn’t exactly take your prior Blast from the Past defeats well, only this time you lost due to outside interference, I need to make sure your head’s un the right place before you face Seleana.”

”Well, if my comment about Tempest’s interference didn’t give it away? I’m pissed off!” I responded as I let out a deep breath and Whisper nodded as she got the idea. ”Before you ask, I’m not about to repeat what I did with Matthew and Marty last year and cut all ties with The Saviours, for one thing The Saviours didn’t promise me the world when I joined, only that I’d be treated as an equal! I can at least say that that has happened.”

“Good to know that you have your priorities straight, I see you as a future World Bombshell Champion Krystal, it’s just going to take a bit longer than you would’ve liked to get there.” Whisper responded with a nod before we continued to walk down the hall. “We just need to be wary of pulling the same stunt on Ariana, unless you want to be seen as a hypocrite.”

”Ariana’s Blast from the Past Match is a bridge I’ll burn when I come too it, I’ve already seen next week’s card and I know Ari’s second round match isn’t for another two weeks.” I responded as I shook my head and Whisper nodded as she got the idea. ”Frankly I’m surprised that she’s not more concerned with Carter’s condition, I get that she’s excited about getting past the opening round and The Troll’s impending funeral but given how close she supposedly is to Carter? You’d think she’d have more concern for him.”

“Ariana’s also someone who doesn’t like posting all her life events on her Twitter page, she made that clear last week.” Whisper nodded before we reached the parking lot and she turned to me. “Just one last thing before we go, how do you view the whole Austin/Carter situation? I’d advise that you pick your words carefully because you know how much I care for him.”

She was right off course, Kat and Whisper had been fond of Team Go long before I joined The Saviours and I had that in mind when Carter asked me if their friendship was all a lie following the events of Blaze of Glory XI. ”It’s one of those times that I wish I had a mind reader handy because I wish I knew just what Austin is thinking right now.” I admitted as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”It’s definitely a complicated situation, one that I’ll be watching from afar because right now? I frankly couldn’t care less about Carter.”

“Good answer, and I’ll continue to treat his injuries as long as he keeps coming to Grand Junction, no matter how awkward it gets.” Whisper nodded before she lead me into the parking lot. “I won’t let you start training for the match until my medics clear you, last thing I want is to aggravate any existing injuries and force you to pull out of the match.”

”I wasn’t expecting that you would to be honest, where’s Kat anyway?” I asked as I walked towards my rental car and Whisper towards hers. ”Could’ve sworn I saw her around backstage.”

“She’s still around but in a lousy mood, she’ll be in a better mood in no time.” Whisper responded as she shook her head and I noticed. “In fact I believe she left during the Main Event.”

”Like the result of Roxi vs. Mercedes was ever in doubt.” I responded as I shook my head before we entered our cars. ”See you tomorrow Whisper.”

“See you.” Whisper responded before we drove off, as I drove back towards the hotel I had several things on my mind and Tempest’s actions were at the forefront, even after she was pulled from the Bea Barnhart match and replaced by Alexandra Callaway.

Her attack on me tonight was a declaration of war, and I was about to commit a few war crimes in retaliation.

Hell’s Gate Training Facility, Grand Junction, Colorado
Monday the 3rd of April 2023, 16:00pm

And they wonder why I did what I did.

I’ve been training at Hell’s Gate since I joined The Saviours and turned my back on Team Go and honestly? I’m not sure if I’d ever go back to the Go Gym even if I somehow made amends with Ari and Carter and Gabriel welcomed me back into the fold.

Why? One word: stagnation.

Don’t get me wrong, the Go Gym was the gym that made me the wrestler I am today, I know there are plenty of other schools that could’ve taken me in as a student but it was my fandom of Odette Ryder/Stevens that got me to enrol at the gym in the first place and well, here I am having turned my back on that same school, because the truth was I could only train at the same school for so long before things started to stagnate, hell it was already happening thanks to my run of luck since losing the Roulette Title last year.

Hell’s Gate offered me what the Go Gym couldn’t, a chance to freshen up my skills as a wrestler, build upon what I’m already good at, well, see where it took me from there! Time will tell if it would ultimately be worth betraying my so-called friends but right now? My focus was on my future away from the Go Gym.

The Blast from the Past opening round was just a bump in the road, hell I could blame Tempest’s interference and Casey’s incompetence for it in equal measure, the match against Seleana was going to get me back on the right track.

“Harper, work on your kicks, I know you kick hard but you’ll have to keep at it if you want to graduate from Hero Academy!” Renegade shouted at me and Harper and as squared off in the MMA Cage, Renegade wasn’t as big as Casey but he was still a big dude who easily towered over me and Harper, as for the sparring match? Harper’s graduation was set for tomorrow (because Jessie couldn’t make the original date due to SCW’s date in Barbados) and these were her final preparations. “Krystal, keep up the defence.”

”Not like I have much choice.” I muttered to myself as Harper continued to kick away at my protective gear, Renegade was a protective guy and he insisted that anyone who entered the MMA Cage wear protective gear, it at least did it’s job and with a match coming up on Sunday night? I wasn’t in a position to complain. ”Besides, are you sure this is as hard as she can kick?”

”You really want me to answer that?” Harper said after she pulled her leg back and bounced around for a couple of seconds. ”Especially after what you’ve said and done on Climax Control lately?”

“Harper I know your still learning the business but in here? We leave what happens at wrestling shows behind.” Whisper chimed in as she walked up to the MMA Cage and Harper glanced over at her leaving herself open to a cheap shot from me, would I take it though? “Krystal’s actions as of late may have been questionable at best but for now she’s your sparring partner.”

”Right, got it………” I decided to take my shot by aiming a punch to Harper’s midsection, Harper looked up just in time though and took me down with a judo throw. ”And I see you forgot your manners in between leaving Team Go and joining The Saviours!”

”Funny!” I grunted as I rolled to my feet and turned to face the younger woman. ”And you still turned your back on an opponent, even if it was for a chat with Whisper.”

“You may be right Krystal but I don’t appreciate my conversations being interrupted like that, especially when I’m trying to give advice to a young lady on the cusp of becoming a wrestler.” Whisper chastised me as she shook her head and we both turned to her. “And given your boxing background? That could’ve been nasty.”

”I only boxed briefly to learn self-defence.” I clarified as I shook my head and Whisper nodded as she got the idea. ”Only reason I stopped was because I had to choose, continue the boxing lessons or save up enough money to move to the states and train to be a wrestler.”

“We’ll continue this chat after the sparring match, no more funny business because I might report it to Mac next time.” Whisper responded and that was all the motivation I needed to keep things clean for the rest of the sparring session, once me and Harper were done Renegade came up to us as we left the cage.

“Good form ladies, cheap tactics aside.” Renegade complemented us and I nodded whilst maintaining a cold demeaner as Harper grinned broadly. “Harper if you keep that form up tomorrow then you’ll graduate from Hero Academy for sure.”

”Here’s hoping.” Harper nodded in response as she went to leave the MMA cage, Renegade looked me over for a bit as I removed my protective helmet. ”Hopefully I’ll get in one last trip to the bakery before I head back to Vegas.”

“Hoping to see Tommy one last time?” Whisper teased the eighteen-year-old good naturedly and I didn’t exactly need to see Harper’s face to know that she was blushing furiously, almost reminded me of when I was figuring out my feelings for Makayla to be honest. “Krystal, I know you started using underhanded tactics as of your Blast from the Past Match but try to keep things on the up and up in my gym? This isn’t a competitive environment, your supposed to be helping the other trainees get better.”

”Yep! I got it!” I nodded in response before I left the MMA cage with Renegade right behind me. ”So what’s next on the agenda? I won’t be able to stick around long because I’ve got a flight to Scotland to catch, leave it to SCW to find a way to go from Barbados to Scotland in the same tour right?”

“Yes, if it weren’t for the Unsolved Mysteries theme I’d wonder what the bosses were smoking when they planned out the route for this tour.” Whisper nodded in agreement and I grinned in response. “Canada to Barbados to two dates in Scotland to Romania and finally London, I’d almost question if Mark and Christian have lost their minds, especially since Makayla will be in the last month of her pregnancy by the time you get to London.”

“I meant to ask actually, how is she doing?” Renegade asked as he turned to me, his previous cold, professional demeaner was long gone, replaced by a more friendly, warmer demeaner. “She’s having twins isn’t she?”

”She’s doing relatively okay she hasn’t exactly been a fan of my recent actions but she’s willing to stick through it since I assured her that it was for the greater good of my career.” I responded with a nod as I removed the rest of my protective gear and Harper did likewise. ”I think it’s finally starting to set in for us both, that we’re on the home stretch of Makayla’s pregnancy and all.”

“I don’t have any kids of my own but I get it.” Renegade nodded in understanding as I gave myself a stretch after the sparring match. “I’m sure she’ll come around to it, Harper, your siblings doing okay?”

”I’m no shrink so I can’t say this with any authority but yeah, I think so.” Harper nodded as she turned to the much bigger man. ”Obviously losing our parents have been tough on me and the kids but it should be a bit easier once the funeral is done on Wednesday.”

“It never gets easier Harp but you’ll at least have that difficult part of your life behind you, and remember that we are always available if you want a chat.” Whisper assured Harper who gave the older woman a grateful nod. “So, who wants to get in the ring with me for a sparring match?” Whisper asked as she motioned towards the ring and Harper hesitated, I wasn’t there for it but she had told me about the time she had volunteered for a sparring match with Whisper and instantly regretted it.

But me? Well, I wasn’t about to back own from this challenge. ”I’m not going to get better unless I face tougher opponents, I say bring it on.” I responded with a grin and Whisper chuckled before she lead me to the ring.

Not gonna lie, I was sore as fuck after all was said and done but I can’t deny that I learned a lot from sparring with Whisper, who knows where I’ll be after more sessions with her.

Sadly it would be my last session of the week because I had a flight to Scotland to catch in the morning because I had other stuff to do.

Eilean Mor, Flannen Island, Scotland
Tuesday the 4th of April 2023, 17:00pm

Note to self, don’t test my luck with retired wrestlers.

Why? Well let me put it this way, accepting that challenge from Whisper was bad enough but I went and made an off colour remark about The Troll (I mean come on, it’s the fucking Troll) Kat ended up challenging me to a sparring match at Hell’s Gate, and well, remember that Roulette Title Match against Kat I had last year? I thought she was tough then but she’s even tougher outside of the ring! Granted, that was the match where I infamously checked myself out of hospital to train the week before but even so!

As for whether I would pull that stunt again? Well, the fall out alone was enough to tell me that it was a bad idea even after the match but even if I was still with the Go Gym? Whisper’s a personal trainer and has helped Carter and Fenris with their respective injuries, not to mention my potential injuries from being yeeted by Tempest.

So no, I don’t feel like getting chewed out by someone with the force of personality of Whisper, thank you very much!

Anyway once I was given the all clear I headed off to Scotland at long last, technically the SCW talent were all staying at a hotel on a different island because there were no hotels on Flannigan Island but I still wanted to check out the lighthouse that surrounded this week’s mystery so here I was.

And as I stood looking at the ring, I was wondering how the bosses expected to get an outdoor wrestling show set up in an area like this.

“Excuse me miss.” An older guy with a thick Scottish accent greeted me and I looked up from my phone, there were a few other tourists around but I guess I stood out a bit. “Are you with the tour group? You seem a bit lost.”

”Err, no, I came on my own.” I responded whilst resisting the urge to joke about getting lost on the way home to Adelaide. ”The company I work for is doing a Unsolved Mysteries tour and it’s taken me here, anything you can tell me about the three lighthouse keepers that went missing?”

“Aye, it’s a good one at that.” The older guy responded as he looked up at the lighthouse. “The lighthouse keepers went missing in 1900, naturally they are believed to be all dead or at least a hundred years old by this point but the lighthouse has been dogged by the disappearances ever since.” He continued and I nodded as I looked over it. “So that accent, I’m guessing your from New Zealand?”

”No, I’m from Australia, Kiwis in general have thicker accents.” I corrected him and the older guy nodded as he got the idea. ”I take it the place has been in use since then?”

“Yes, it went automated in 1970 though, there’s crews to make sure that the equipment’s working but aside from that? It mostly attracts people like yourself, drawn in by the mystery and all.” The old guy responded as I folded my arms. “I don’t think I caught your name.”

”That’s because I never gave it.” I responded with a frown as I turned to the guy. ”The name’s Krystal Wolfe, I work for the wrestling promotion that’s hosting a show here on Sunday.”

“Can’t say I’m a fan of wrestling Ms. Wolfe but I am curious as to how your employers plan to host a show here.” The old guy responded and I nodded in agreement because I had been wondering the same thing since the new card text went out on Sunday night. “Are you competing on the show?”

”Yeah, against a Swedish wrestler called Seleana Zdunich, I’ve beaten her before, it won’t be too much trouble.” I responded dismissively as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”Currently in a rebuilding phase after certain setbacks, Seleana’s just the first step towards that.”

“Sounds like that’ll be good for your soul at least.” The old guy responded before he went to walk off, in a way I was relieved, he seemed like a nice enough guy and I wasn’t about to reveal why I had to rebuild to someone who wasn’t familiar with my work. “Good luck in your match Krystal.”

”Just one last thing, is there a lighthouse keeper I can talk too? I’ve got promo material to shoot and I’d rather not get arrested for breaking and entering.” I called out to the old guy who nodded before taking me to the lighthouse keeper.

Promo inside a lighthouse, I can’t say that was ever on my bucket list but I can say that it’ll be a first.

Eilean Mor Lighthouse, Flannen Island, Scotland
Tuesday the 4th of April 2023, 18:00pm

*promo time*

Light the path.

”I knew heading into Blaze of Glory XI that my actions on that night would earn me a few enemies, I just didn’t think that Tempest would resort to interfering in a Blast from the Past Match!” I stated as I folded my arms whilst pacing around the base of the lighthouse. ”Make no mistake Tempest, you just made a huge mistake! But before I can even think about getting my revenge on her, I’ve got another Bombshell who I’ve faced before to deal with, someone who I last faced one on one when I defended the SCW Bombshell Roulette Title in Disneyworld, yes Seleana, I’m talking about you!”

This will be good.

”Seleana, SCW’s Queen of Second Chances, I call you that because no matter how many matches you lose, no matter how little significance you play in the grand scheme of things, you always find yourself in a title situation! Unless we’re not counting the Blast from the Past Tournament, your last title opportunity was when you, Dawn Warren, Mercedes Vargas and my Saviours teammate Kim Pain went at it for a shot at the Bombshell Roulette Title.” I stated as I shook my head. ”You’ve fallen so far from grace that the only way you end up in title matches these days is because the bosses need a body for someone to beat up, and I’m the latest one to do it!”

Pathetic.

”Are you really content to just sit back and watch the world pass you by Seleana? Where’s your ambition? Where’s the person who once broke Christian’s nose and had to literally fight to get her job back in late 2018/early 2019? Is she truly dead and buried? Because based on your performance in this year’s Blast from the Past Tournament? I’d say yes!” I said as I shook my head. ”You want to know how far you’ve fallen Seleana? Bea fucking Barnhart has more credibility as a competitor than you! Because at least she gives a shit, you’ve been checked out for years! And to think, I used to respect you as a competitor based on your credentials alone, you’re a former champion for fuck’s sake!”

But wait a moment…….

”Actually, when was the last time anyone had a good long look at either of your title reigns? Well, let’s have a bit of a retrospective, shall we?” I asked rhetorically before I thought back to the title reigns in question. ”First up was your two-week reign with the World Bombshell Title, a match you never would’ve won if your wife, who need I remind you, beat you up to get a title shot in the first place, interfered in the match and cost Alicia the title, then came your Roulette Title reign the following year, the only reason you got that match in the first place was because your wife was Queen for a Day and was trying to make up for the aforementioned situation! You’ve never accomplished anything of note on your own Seleana! It was always because your dumb ass wife suddenly decided to get back in your good graces again! If I were you? I would’ve filed for divorce from that idiot the moment she laid a hand on me!”

But you didn’t.

”But I guess your content to just be in the shadow of a woman who’s name and personality changes at the drop of a hat.” To illustrate my point I took off the woolly hat that I had been wearing and dropped it to the lighthouse’s floor. ”And you have the gall to call yourself a former champion Seleana? I’d be tempted to argue that your reigns should be stricken from the record for those facts alone but considering that the bosses didn’t do the same for your wife when she went through her last manic phase? Well I guess they like you and Crystal a hell of a lot more than I do! It’s time you faced facts Seleana, you’re a shell of your former self, and it’s time someone put you of your misery! Now, I’m not volunteering myself for the job but hey, if the opportunity presents itself then I guess I’ll be the one to put Swedish Old Yeller down!”

Don’t like what I’m saying?

”Oh, what’s that? Seleana has seniority over me and I should respect her? If we applied that logic to every old fart in the company then who will be around to call them out on their bullshit?” I asked rhetorically as I looked up towards the lighthouse’s, well, light. ”In case you haven’t noticed? I’ve chosen to do my promo from the lighthouse that serves as the base for this week’s mystery, and as far as I’m concerned? My future’s as bright as the light that shines the path for passing boats! But if I have anything to say about it? Then the old timers coaxing on their previous success stories will disappear in much the same way as the lighthouse keepers did a hundred and twenty three years ago! Because like it or not? I’m the face of the future!”

It’s that simple.

”Seleana the respect I once had for you is as dead as the lighthouse keepers that disappeared all those years ago, because outside of a few key members of the Saviours? I’m done respecting the old farts, it’s time we started forging the future of this company and I will drag the Bombshell Division kicking and screaming into the future!” I said as I formed a fist with the hand that had my Roulette Title Ring on it. ”I’ve already proven that there’s few who can hold a candle to me as a champion, because since my Roulette Title reign ended last year not one champion has ever come close to matching my reign! And that was me playing nice! I’m done playing nice, I will forge my own path through the Bombshell Division and I don’t care how many bodies I leave in my wake! And guess what Seleana?”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”Once I’m done with you, you will be the first of many victims left behind on my road to the top! Tempest is a name we’re both familiar with and when we cross paths next she will know the price of revenge! But you Seleana? You’re so fucking irrelevant that it’s a wonder why Mark and Christian keep you around!” I stated as I shook my head. ”Well, I’m afraid it’s high time that the old Swedish dog was put to sleep! Because let’s face it Seleana, you lost the energy you once had long ago and at this point? It’s the kindest thing to do! This Sunday Seleana you will learn that those who cross me will beware the Ides of March as I forge my path to the top of the mountain that is the Bombshell Division!”

I picked up my hat and left the lighthouse as the scene fades.