Author Topic: × EGO STOMPING ×  (Read 835 times)

Offline Calvin Harris

• View Profile
× EGO STOMPING ×
« on: February 15, 2023, 05:24:26 AM »

[ Out Of Character: It comes out to 6,456 according to Google Docs! I wish ya the best of luck! ]

× HEROES WELCOME ×
[ scene one ]

Chicago, it was home to Calvin Harris. Well it was home for most of his life. It’s where he grew up. It’s where he went to school. It’s where he was trained by his father to be a wrestler and it’s where he got his start in the wrestling scene. Yet ever since marrying his wife and becoming a father. He had moved his life to Seattle. No doubt he was happy there, but every now and then a trip home was needed. Today was one of those days. For one reason in particular. His younger brother had informed him he would be an Uncle in the coming months.

Of course the relationship between Calvin and his brother, Travis was once very strained. Thankfully in recent years it has gotten better. Both of them found themselves starting to walk towards the entrance way of the United Center. Calvin was decked out in a Michael Jordan jersey with the usual skin tight jeans and to complete the outfit was the Space Jam elevens on his feet. As far as he was concerned, if you are going to see a Bulls game. You might as well go all out. Travis just looked at him shaking his head.

You do realize that you’re in your mid thirties right? Cosplaying is a little too much don’t you think? And no one gives a shit about Michael Jordan these days.

Calvin just looked at his brother. A slightly offended look on his expression.

Alright, Trav. I am going to let that statement go. Because you could not be any more wrong than what you are right now. Jordan is the goat.

Pretty sure LeBron beating the scoring record last week says otherwise. It’s time to let go of the past.

Six for fucking six Travis. Six for six. Jordan has never lost in the finals. LeBron has numerous times. Championships and rings are the only thing that matters!

Boy, aren’t you still easy to trigger?

Travis let out a chuckle. Clearly seemingly enjoying the little bit he was able to get under his brother’s skin. As they reached the top of the steps, Calvin looked over at his little brother.

Don’t let that mouth of yours get you in trouble. I’m still the older brother and I will still hand out those other brother ass-whoopings!

Correct me if I’m wrong here my man, but I am pretty sure the last time the two of us had a physical altercation. I took you to your limit like never before. And almost beat you in the middle of the ring.

Key words there being ‘almost beat’ me. You didn’t actually get the job done. So therefore it doesn’t hold any weight. But if you want to lace them boots up again and get this work. I am sure I can set something up.

Nah man. I’ll have to pass on the offer to beat that ass. See unlike some people when I say that I’m retired. I actually stick to it.

Retired? Ha! You were in the wrestling business for barely a cup of coffee my man. You don’t get the right to say you retired from something you hardly lasted a year in. But that’s a good one.

Calvin chuckled a little bit. Clearly having a little bit of fun bagging on his little brother. Something that was likely amongst every family. Travis rolled his eyes a little.

Mhmmm... How’s that going by the way? Whole return and everything?

It’s going. I am still trying to get my feet under me. After being gone for five years. It’s rough to just swing right back into things. Yeah, it’s like a bike. You don’t forget how to do it, but it takes a few practice rides ya know?

And Alessandra was alright with you going back with all this time away. Sure, the kids are a little older now but I know when you left last time. You weren’t in the best mindset. Figured she’d have something to say about it.

Nahhh. Our relationship is stronger than it has ever been and we have a much more meaningful respect for each other. She was concerned with the mental aspect of it, based on how I left last time. But in the end she was supportive of what I wanted to do as long as it didn’t turn out to be a bad thing for me. I feel like as soon as it feels like it’s not fun anymore or when I feel like I have achieved what I wanted. I’ll leave it behind again with no questions asked.

I mean I imagine that’s the case, but I know the wrestling bug in our family can be a little crazy. Once you start. It’s hard to quit regardless of if it’s good for you physically and mentally. After all I watched Dad struggle with the stop and start--

Hey man. Let’s not bring him up. You know how I still feel about him.

The tone in Calvin’s voice was pretty stern. Anyone that knew him as a person had knowledge that the relationship between him and his father has been strained for a number of years. Not nearly as strained as the relationship between him and his mother, but it was still rough. Now before their conversation could continue. There was a sudden shout of his name.

CALLLLLVINNNNN!

Both of the Harris brothers turned around in the direction of the scream with puzzled looks on their faces. Just as they had turned around it was clear that they were about to be bum-rushed by a trio of teenage fans. In a matter of seconds they were standing right there before him.

Oh my god! I can’t believe it’s actually you!

Can we get a selfie? An autograph? Something?

I can’t wait to tell everyone at school we met THEE Highlight of the Night!

It was pretty obvious that the girls were having a hard time containing their excitement. To him, it had been a long-long time since he had dealt with some true fan interaction. After leaving the business behind and spending the majority of his career being the ‘bad guy’ in so many eyes. These interactions were rare. Travis patted his older brother on the shoulder.

Sounds like you’ve got yourself a Heroes Welcome here. I’ll catch you inside!

Travis just chuckled a little bit as he started to walk away. Leaving Calvin to deal with the young fans. Taking a pen that was being pushed in his direction by one of them and starting to sign his autograph on a few items.

Sounds like you ladies are big fans!

Some of the biggest. You don’t have any idea!

We tried so hard to get our parents to buy us tickets to the Climax Control you made your in-ring return to!

They were extra lame and wouldn’t do it. Because we had school the next day, but we made sure we kept looking up results online. We couldn’t wait to see your name show up as the winner!

Austin Mercer never stood a chance!

Calvin couldn’t help but let out a little chuckle listening to all the excitement coming from the group. He had to give it to them; they seemed to have known their stuff when it came to his career. Clearly they were paying attention to his most recent stuff. Handing over the pen to one of the girls.

So, I take it that you’ve all heard I’ll be competing this week then?

We sure have!

Though if we are being honest. We’re more excited to see who you end up being paired up with in the Blast From The Past tournament over this match.

Oh really? How come?

We just find that more interesting. I mean all due respect being in the ring with Jack Washington isn’t really going to put you to the test. It isn’t going to test your skills the way this tournament would!

Jack Washington is just a major tool that no one takes seriously. Dude has more abs than brain cells and it isn’t going to get the job done with someone of your talent.

Well I certainly appreciate the vote of confidence. ” He let out another soft chuckle. “ I don’t know a whole lot about Jack. I try to carry myself a little better now than I once did. So, I’m going to assume he’s someone that knows how to handle himself and bring me a challenge. But I guess I’ll find out on Sunday.

Trust us. It’s not going to be worth your time. A total easy win for you!

That trio truly seemed to believe in him and what he was capable of. It was truly a boost in confidence especially for someone like Calvin who had been out of the business for so long. It wasn’t like he showed it, but there was still some self doubt there on if he could hang. After all that was a big part of why he came back. Of course as much as he was appreciative of the vote of confidence. He still had to show up on Sunday and get the job done.

But you need to tell those folks that run things they need to have a tour out here in the midwest. We’d love the chance to go see you live!

Ha, I know the midwest is crazy for their pro wrestling. Grew up here in Chicago, I know how the fans can be. Sadly, I don’t have any pull there but I can make a suggestion if I ever get a chance to talk to Mark and Christian.

What? No Pull? Are they crazy?!

Do they not know who they have on their roster?!

Trust me ladies. I truly appreciate all of this, but you know I know where my role is now. If I see them I’ll make a suggestion but it isn’t my place to make a stink about where the tours take place. It’s my job to just show up when I’m booked and put on the best show I can.

We get it, we just think you deserve to have a little more respect thrown on your name. You’re a bonafide superstar in our eyes, but we understand.

Superstar? I don’t know if I’d go that far, but I’m definitely trying to get back to that status. Maybe here in a few months I’ll have a right to stand on that hill.

A small shrug left Calvin’s shoulders at that moment.

Honestly ladies, it’s been great talking to you. Thrilled to know I have some fans out there especially in my hometown. But I gotta get in there and rep my Chicago Bulls!

Of course Calvin! Thanks for the autographs!

All three girls were waving to him. Calvin simply offered one last smile before starting to walk up towards the front doors of the United Center. For the first time since coming back Calvin found himself looking at things in a different perspective. Yes, he was about righting wrongs. Yes, he was about proving that he belongs. But now knowing that there were fans out there and that they were invested in his career after all this time. It made him feel like he had to start making sure those fans were getting their money's worth in his return. Things just might end up being a little more interesting come this Sunday in his second match back.

× CAPTAIN MORON ×
[ scene two ]

In less than four hours Calvin would find himself on a flight to California. SCW would continue their tour and he was set to compete for the first time in three weeks. Last week his match needed to be postponed which was a bummer as he was looking forward to stepping into the ring. Now while he wasn’t going to step into the ring with Goth this time out. It was still going to be a challenge being up against the up-and-coming talent that was Jack Washington. With his suitcase laid out on the bed, he was making sure he had everything ready to go.

After all, the last thing he wanted to do was land in Cali and realize he forgot something. Especially if he had to call his wife and have her ship it to him overnight. She was surely not going to let up on the old age jokes. He had his gear along with the essentials, he was about to push the suitcase closed when there was just the tiniest knock on the slightly cracked bedroom door. Before the sound of his baby boy’s voice being heard.

Daaaaad!

Pushing the door open the rest of the way Oliver found himself walking into the bedroom with a piece of paper in hand. He had such a bright smile on his lips. The young boy got most of his looks from his mother, but his eyes and smile were just like his old man. Calvin found himself looking over at him as he leaned down to one knee.

What’s up Ollie?

I wanted to give you something!

Give me something? Another amazing drawing? Why don’t we put it on your wall?

Cause this one is special!

For such a young age Oliver was incredibly talented with his art. He could do it all. Drawing, sketching, painting, and even as of late teaching himself digital art on his iPad. Needless to say Calvin and his wife Alessandra were super excited for their son and his talent. Constantly supporting him whenever they could. In that being said Oliver handed over the piece of paper to his father. Calvin turned it to face him in order to get a good look at the drawing in hand.

Upon lying eyes on the photo. Calvin had to hold back the laugh. For no other reason than he could make the direct connection with the photo right away. It was to a tee a cartoon version of Jack Washington. Yet for him it was the little arrow drawn with the name “Captain Moron” that was nearly sending him over the edge. Oliver standing there with that bright smile of his continuing to cross his lips. Proud of his art and looking for validation that Calvin had no problem giving.

I have to say Ollie. This is some of your best work yet!

Really Dad?

Have I ever lied to you?

Uhm... no! I don’t think so!

And I never will. I truly mean it. This is some of your best work. Great attention to detail. Perfect color scheme. Giant over inflated head. That fits his giant over inflated ego. Probably the best detail right there if you ask me!

Oliver was standing there cheesing. Taking in the compliments that his father was giving him. Another trait he had picked up from both parents. Loving having his own ego stroked. Something that without a doubt could make him a little dangerous the older he got. A little monster they created and will one day have to deal with. But for now it was the furthest thing on their mind.

I do just have to ask one question. Where did you come up with the name Captain Moron? It’s clever, but I gotta understand the origin of it.

Dad, really? Look at him! ” Oliver stepped forward and pointed to the outfit. “ This outfit just screams failed superhero. And who is the biggest failure of Super Heroes to ever exist?

The answer is Thor, but I can’t even really consider him a real superhero.

Mom told me to just ignore you when you’re wrong.

The sass coming from Oliver causes Calvin to shake his head some. The all-time debate in the house between Calvin and his wife centered around Thor being a superhero. In his opinion that wasn’t the case and Ironman was better in every way. Alessandra believed that Ironman was useless and that Thor was the single greatest superhero ever. Clearly something she was trying to pass on to their son.

Answer is Captain America, Dad. Captain America was the worst superhero of all time. And everyone knows that.

Debatable bud. I mean Captain America was the leader of the Avengers!

Who got most of them wiped out before fixing everything. ” Oliver seemed to have an answer to everything. “ That guy you have to face just looks like a failed superhero. Cool looking costume or suit, but isn’t actually going to win at anything. Going to lead himself and his team into failure.

It truly amazes me some of the concepts you come up with every now and then kiddo, but I’ll rock with it. I can kinda see what you’re doing here. ” A simple nod from his head. “ But what about the moron part? Where is that coming from? Matter of fact, where have you even heard that word before?

Mommy says it a lot driving us home from school!

I am somehow not surprised by this.

Well, like she says. If they knew what the eff they were doing. They wouldn’t be morons.

Hearing those words come from his son’s mouth had Calvin close to face palming himself. There was no doubt in his mind that it was a hundred and ten percent something his wife had said and done in front of their children. Not that he had any room to talk because he has said worse.

And since Mom won’t let me go with you this week. I wanted to see who Jack was. I looked him up on YouTube. He comes off like a moron.

What makes you think he comes off as a moron? How do you even gauge that?

He isn't a bright person, Dad. Everything he says has no... substance? I think that’s the word. ” For a second there was a confused look on the child’s face. Like he was sure if he used the right word. “ He just talks about the same stuff over and over again. Talks in circles. Really boring stuff. Kind of feel bad you have to listen to him talk.

I mean it’s my job. I have to listen to a lot of people talk and say a lot of things about me or situations involving me that don't make sense. That being said kiddo, I’m not really sure if calling someone a moron is the right way to go about things. Even if maybe there is some truth to it.

Why though? Mom says we should never lie and we are never going to get in trouble for insulting someone as long as the insults are true!

Of course she’s said that! ” Calvin shook his head once again. “ Ollie, I am super thankful for the drawing. Think I might have to show this good luck charm off to a couple of people. You wouldn’t mind would you?

I don’t mind. I like showing off my work, but you don’t need that as a good luck charm. You’re a true superhero. You’ll win this with ease!

Following those words, Oliver reached out and wrapped his arms around his father’s neck to give him a hug. Calvin just let his arms wrap around the child’s waist to squeeze him gently for said hug. At that moment Alessandra found herself walking into the bedroom. Laying eyes on the father and son duo. A small smile crossed her lips, as Oliver pulled back as his mother spoke to him.

Ollie. Lunch is ready!

Instantly the face of Oliver lit up as he began to run out of the room as fast as his feet could carry him. Calvin finally pushed himself back to his feet and looked over at his wife.

That boy is too smart. We’re going to be in trouble in a few years.

We are?

Mhm! Not only did the boy deliver me a drawing that represents my opponent for Sunday perfectly. He had quite the logic behind the drawing and the origin of it. Which apparently is helped by your road rage.

I don’t have road rage. ” There was a small scoff from Alessandra. “ If people would learn how to drive and not be morons, I wouldn’t have to tell them about themselves. And here in about three seconds I’m going to tell you about yourself if you don’t stop accusing me of horrible things.

Well considering moron was used in his vocabulary. I’d say that you snitched on yourself there doll.

Chuckling a little bit. Another roll of Alessandra’s eyes consumed her while she took it upon herself to exit the room. Calvin had turned to place the picture his son had drawn him in his suitcase right on top of everythings. Taking one last look at the art work and just smirking. He was truly proud of his son’s drawing and the way he carried himself. That told Calvin that his son was going to be an exceptional person when he got older, but now going forward his focus was to make sure he followed through with things and continued to be his son’s superhero. Somehow someway he was going to make sure he came on top regardless of what it took.

× EGO STOMPIN’ ×
[ scene three ]

The buzz around the city of Stockton, California happened to be because Sin City Wrestling was coming into town. Climax Control was set to take place at the Alex G Spanos Center. Further pushing that tour of California that has taken place the last couple of weeks. That being said a camera found themselves opening up to that very scene. Just right outside of the building, specifically to the steps that lead up to the arena. Sitting on those steps with a small smirk spread across his lips was a bit of a familiar face.

It was that man that was known as of late as the Highlight of the Night. The one and only, Calvin Harris. Of course a man that had a little bit of a controversial past with SCW. Yet since coming back, it had appeared that he was a little bit of a changed man. Even if people weren’t a hundred percent sold on it just yet. That being said Calvin pushed himself up from the steps he was sitting on. Taking it upon himself to approach the camera breaking the silence.

So, this week I return to Climax Control and I’m set to compete against a man by the name of Jack Washington... ” There was a small stroke of his beard. “ I’ve got no problem admitting that I am still very much familiarizing myself with the names and the faces here in Sin City Wrestling. There’s some old faces I remember, but for the most part I’d say it’s very much a different landscape than when I was last here five years ago. That being said, Jack just happens to be one of those faces. One of the men leading the charge in this new breed of talent. And that puts me at a slight disadvantage, because I am not a hundred percent sure what I’m dealing with.

Those words might not have settled well with Jack, and maybe not even have settled well with the SCW ol’ faithful. Considering as in many ways it could have came off as arrogant as arrogant could be. Yet only time would tell where this was going to go.

Of course, I’m not goofy enough to go into a match without any knowledge. I know enough about Jack to know a couple things. The first thing I know is that Jack is the real deal. In the sense that he’s able to carry himself around here. Being a former two-time SCW Heavyweight Champion and a former SCW Internet Champion. I gotta give it to ya there Jacky-boy. Those aren’t accomplishments to brush off. Especially having quite the run your first time as Heavyweight Champion and an even better run with your Internet Championship reign. ” From the words coming out of his mouth at that moment. It at least appeared that Calvin was able to respect the man for what he was able to do. “ They say the Internet Championship at times can be a stepping stone towards the main event scene. After all, when you look at the history of Internet Champions. Some of the biggest stars in the history of SCW got their start with winning that championship. Seems like you kinda did things in reverse Jack. Had a good little run at the top before dropping down some.

A very brief shrug left Calvin’s shoulders.

Before you get your panties in a bunch Jack. I’m not trying to imply that you’re on the down-fall. Even if you did just very recently fail to win the Heavyweight Championship for a third time. I am just stating facts that you seem to be going a little in reverse and only fitting in where you can. Not the true mindset of someone that thinks they’re at the top of the card if you ask me. Personally, once I became SCW Heavyweight Champion. I never let myself fall from that level. I simply wouldn’t allow it. But of course we’re two different people. ” Once again another shrug could be seen leaving his shoulders. “ But that kinda brings me to the next point. It brings me to the very next thing I’ve come to learn about Jack which is you’re a very young and very arrogant man. From what I’ve seen there’s not a single person that can tell you anything about yourself. There is no getting through to you. No penetrating that hard-headed mindset of yours. There is no getting you to open your eyes and see things from a different view. Which I guess when I think about it. I can’t really fault you or even pass judgment on you for that mindset. As I’m someone that once carried myself in that exact same manner.

Calvin paused. Seemingly taking a trip down memory lane with the way he once carried himself. There were some highs and some lows during those times, but somehow he managed to make it through. His eyes focused back to the cameras.

I mean I get it more than a lot of people might Jack. But with that being said even though I get it. That doesn’t make it the right thing to do. I could only imagine how many times that your mouth has written you checks your ass couldn’t cash. I could only imagine how many times you’ve gotten into a situation where you have made yourself public enemy number one. I could only imagine how many people you’ve riled up so much that they couldn’t wait to punch right in your already very punchable face. And that’s all part of it right? You like the attention that comes with that. You like getting under their skin. After all, based on past accomplishments it has worked out for you in situations where it did matter. ” Once again there was a nod at that man’s accomplishments in the past. '' However Jack, it also seems like you’re now on the down slope. It seems like now that mouth is really getting you in trouble. It appears to me that you’re overwhelmed and that’s why you continue to fall deeper and deeper into this pit that you are struggling to climb out of to reclaim that former glory. Yet someone like me speaks with logic and someone that’s been there. I already know what I am saying is going in one ear and out the other for you. I already know the words that will follow your mouth and the logic you’ll show up with tomorrow night. You’re as predictable as every horror movie ending these days. Which isn’t a good thing.

Simply shaking his head from side to side at that moment. There was no doubt that as far as what he was saying he believed every word to come out of his own mouth. No different than how Jack was when it came to him believing every word that came out of his mouth. In a roundabout way it was bound to be a clash of egos when the two finally did step into the ring with each other.

It’s to the point Jack, I’ve got no intentions of paying attention to anything you have to say in this lead up to our match. You’re going to be the same generic chip on the shoulder young talent that’s been seen for generations. You’ll talk about how I don’t know what I’m talking about. You’ll try to debunk everything I’ve ever accomplished. You’ll tell anyone that will listen that you’re younger, hungrier, and more talented than I have ever been. Hell, you’ll likely even make sure that you hit the mark about how I’m the old vet, the old guy that’s out here trying to take a spot from the next generation. Am I hitting the nail on the head here Jack? Just like I said, as predictable as they come and I personally can’t wait to poke a hole in every single theory you have about me.

It was a small nasal-like laugh that escaped his lips. Again further backing up just how much he believed in himself.

I’ve got no problem breaking it down for you, Jack. You see if you were hungrier than me and if you were more talented than me. You wouldn't need to brag about such. It would simply come out when we stepped in the ring with each other. And the whole younger thing. Sure, you’re younger than me but with young age comes inexperience and that’s where some of the cracks start to show with you, kid. ” If there was anything about young people in the wrestling business. The word ‘kid’ always got under their skin. Calvin was seemingly aiming for that. “ As far as trying to debunk what I’ve done and what I’ve accomplished. That doesn’t really mean anything to me. See I know what I have done in the past will stand the test of time, but at the same time that’s the past. I’m focused on what I can do now. What I can accomplish now. And what I can do to be better than I was before. You trying to take away what I have done does nothing but show just how desperate you are. It shows how little work you’re willing to put in. Which again gives me an advantage whether you realize it or not. ” Calvin appeared to have Jack figured out to a tee. Now it was his own opinion, but there were a lot of people that would have said he wasn’t that far off with that opinion. “ And lastly when it comes to the belief that I don’t want to see the young generation thrive and that I’m here to take a spot from someone like you. Again that shows your ignorance. I train the next generation. I want to see the world of professional wrestling in a better position when I walk away again. Because I know it’ll be for good. So, I’ve got nothing against the younger generation and personally, I don’t have anything against you either. Quite frankly Jack, I don’t give a fuck about you.

Calvin stood there with that stare into the cameras. Seemingly standing his ground with his comments. Almost giving people the belief that this could get personal before it was all said and done.

I mean there’s no other way to spin that Jack. I just don’t care about you. You don’t have that much of an impact on me that I’m out to take your spot or that I’m out to see to it that you don’t succeed in wrestling or just SCW in general. I’ve said it a million times already. I came back to professional wrestling and I came back to Sin City Wrestling. Because I wanted to right a few wrongs but also more importantly I wanted to prove that this is something I could still do. That I could still compete on a high level and to prove that I have it in me to still be one of the best to lace up a pair of boots. That’s all that I am here for. So, you can go ahead and give up on that victim mindset buddy. This has nothing to do with you. ” His hands slipped inside the pockets of his jeans while continuing on. “ Honestly Jack, if I were you. I’d drop this whole arrogant attitude in general and head into this match with me with the intention of tearing the house down. Showing what you can do between those ropes. Showing that you can hold your own against someone like me. Showing that you are in fact the future of this business and maybe even this company. That’s what’s best for you. And in that situation, I would have no issue shaking your hand like a man. Win, lose, or draw. I’d have no problem showing you the respect you deserve. But if you don’t want to do that and you want to continue to act the way you are. Then I’m going to have no other choice but to be a person, I don’t want to be anymore. To prove a point.

Those words would leave people to wonder just exactly what he meant by that. Thankfully for them they wouldn’t have to wait long to find out.

You can ask Austin Mercer what happened when he carried himself with the wrong mindset and thought he was better than me. He was a man that set out to be the first to face me just because he felt some type of way about me being here and then he failed miserably. I made him regret his actions and his words. The same thing I’m going to do to you, Jack. If you don’t figure it out before tomorrow night. Regardless of what happens though, I’ll be prepared to check that ego of yours and make sure that this turns out being the Highlight of the Night!

His smirk began to spread across his lips a little more. Further showing the confidence he had in himself. Maybe this would make people feel a certain way about him. Maybe it would have people understand where he was coming from. At the end of the day though, Calvin was determined to prove himself and this was the situation he found himself in. Therefore he had to do what he had to do to walk away with the victory he wanted. In that moment cameras found themselves fading out.

× × × × ×

Inner Monologue -- Minutes Before The Match!

Are you ready, Calvin?`

Are you ready to step into the ring with someone younger than you? Someone that’s faster than you? Someone that might just have more strength than you? Are you ready to step into the ring with someone that by all accounts is going to be around for a longer time than you at this stage in your career? Are you prepared to step into the ring with someone that by most accounts has achieved and succeeded more in his time with Sin City Wrestling than you did?

Because if the answer isn’t yes to every single one of those questions then you shouldn’t step out behind that curtain and you damn sure shouldn’t step into that ring. You shouldn’t stand before these fans and fail them. After all this week you have learned that there are fans that do support you. There are fans that want to see you do great things. There are fans out there who have forgiven you for who you were and are invested in this new version of you. So if there’s no need for you to go out there if you aren’t going to give them all you got and provide for them.

This week your own flesh and blood. Your son confirmed something that you already knew in the back of your head. You are his hero. He’s invested in your career. He wants to see you achieve great things and be the wrestler you once were. If you’re not truly prepared to put on that super hero suit and go out there to dominate. Then all you're doing is letting yourself down but also letting down your biggest supporter. Can you really look your son in the eye after a loss because you weren’t truly ready? I’d like to assume that’s not the case.

You can sit there and make jokes about stomping out Jack’s ego. You can do a press run and talk your shit. You can tell the whole world that you’re starting to come into your own again, but it means nothing if you don’t follow through. Yes, you go through Austin Mercer when a lot of you didn’t think you could. But this is a new match, a new concept, and a new opponent. Jack regardless of what he has said and the way he carries himself. He’s going to put on a show. He’s going to push you to your limits and he’s going to expose you if there’s any weakness in your game.

This is another chance to show this new outlook. To show a different side of this turned over leaf that you’ve bragged about. But it’s also another chance to show that you do belong inside of a wrestling ring. Not just any wrestling ring, but to prove you belong in a Sin City Wrestling ring. A place that has given you so much when every other promotion had given up on you in the past. Hell, this is a chance to even show the boys and girls here in the back what kind of partner you intend to be when this Blast from the Past tournament finally takes place.

In this business. There’s only one true highlight of the night. Whether it’s the main event. Whether it’s a specific moment in a match. Whether it’s a specific person in a match. There’s only one on each show. And that’s the nickname you’ve given yourself. At times you’ve bragged about even being a human highlight reel. So do what you do best. Live up to that name and achieve the highest form of success that you can. Cause after all in the end there’s no one that’s going to do it for you. It always has been and it always will be just on your shoulders!