Author Topic: Winning pays the bills, revenge satisfies  (Read 435 times)

Offline Lucas Darby

• View Profile
    • Lucas Darby
Winning pays the bills, revenge satisfies
« on: June 28, 2012, 03:39:21 PM »
 The first scene opens showing the inside of what looks to be Lucas Darby's bedroom in The Sons' clubhouse. Currently with the camera aimed at the American flag hanging on the wall. In the background, you faintly hear sounds of something beating against what sounds like a bag. The camera turns to the right to show Lucas working with a big red punching bag. Lucas is shirtless, wearing only jeans and his long blonde hair is flowing freely. He looks to be angered, as sweat drips down his face and body. Lucas starts hitting the bag harder and harder, quickly landing solid punch after punch into it with force. Finally punching until his anger gets the better of him and he reaches over, grabbing a near by picture off the bed, then throwing it against the wall and smashing the glass in the frame. His breathing reaches a pace that would send most men into a heart attack as you see the anger in his eyes, while he glares into the camera.

Lucas: Two matches in a row.... TWO DAMN MATCHES! I've won only to be attacked after the bell rang. I'm tired of this shit! I'm tired of these cowards not having the balls to face me and attempt to kick my ass like a man. If you have a problem with me, if you simply hate my guts, say it to my face! Say it while you look into my eyes instead of attacking me like a little bitch! I thought when I signed with SCW, I was going to be fighting men, NOT LITTLE BOYS!! And all you've punks been nothing but little boys trying to attack me from behind. I don't care if you hate what I say, hate the way I dress or hate that I haven't earned my way into this business like some of you. But that doesn't give any of you the right to take me out and end the only way I know of making a living! Matt Barnes, Sean Williams, Brooklyn Carter... If any of you, ANY OF YOU! Ever decide to man up and take on a man face to face, instead of inside that ring. You know where to find me. I'm not going to hide, I'm not going to back down from a fight and I'm damn sure not going to let any other of The Sons step in. I'm here, come and get me if you want a real fight instead of that pro wrestling bullshit. Because I've had enough! I've had more than my fill of you losers trying to bring me down. One day you're all going to learn, you can't bring down a member of The Sons. No matter what you say, no matter what you do and no matter what you bring to the fight. We are simply untouchable and it's time you people at SCW learn that before one of you get seriously hurt. Although, it might be too late for you Sean and Brooklyn. Because you two, you two committed the worst possible mistake of your lives.

Lucas walks over and picks up the picture he threw across the room earlier. Lifting it and brushing the broken glass out the frame onto the floor, leaving it in one pile. He takes the picture frame and walks over to the bed, sitting on the edge of it looking to be lost in his own thoughts. Lucas lowers the picture a bit, revealing it to be a picture of Lucas and Presley together, in which the couple looks to be in their late teens. Lucas' emotions range from angered to happy and anything in between as he stares down at the picture.

Lucas: Every time I look at this picture, I remember what I've been through. I think of all the good and the bad times. The moments where I was so happy, I almost cried and then the moments where I've been so pissed off, I felt like killing someone. But through it all, she's been there with me and never let me down when it counted. She's the smartest, bravest, best woman I've ever known in my life and she could be the perfect example for all of the women all over the world. Presley and I have been dating twelve years now. I've always seen her as my rock, the woman that keeps me level headed in the worst of times. Without her, I'd be in prison or dead by now. I've told her that more times than I can count, all because it's the truth. Then two weeks ago at Into The Void... I put her in danger. It was MY fault she almost got hurt out there. If I would've been ready, if I could've seen Sean and Brooklyn coming down to the ring, I might have been able to protect her. I might have been able to fight them off and kept Presley safe. But I didn't. It was all my fault that they took me down and she knew no one was coming to save me like the time before. There was no one like Lucian Frost coming to save my ass from the beating Sean and Brooklyn were about to put on me. Presley brought it upon herself to try to save me and that's when she could have been seriously hurt by those two. Brooklyn even laid hands on her and NO ONE puts their hands on my woman! I don't care who you are or what your damn reason is, you don't touch my woman! So I'm glad about my match this week. I'm happy to see this six person tag team match put up on the match list for Climax Control. This weekend, I have my chance to show the entire SCW what happens when you piss me off. It never ends well.

Lucas puts the picture on a nearby table and leans forward, resting his elbows on his knees. He stares into the camera once again, as if he's talking directly to his opponents this week.

Lucas: The only victims in this entire match is the two other bombshells on each team. I'm of course talking about Sean and Brooklyn's tag partner, Bombshell Roulette Champion Kittie. Then Presley and my tag partner, Trish Newborn. These two were sucked into this entire thing without warning and I have nothing against either one of them to be straight up about it. Kittie, you're a champion for a reason, I'm sure. I've never personally met you face to face and to be honest, I have no reason to talk to you. I do my own thing and you do yours. That's life, that's how it goes for everyone. The only bad thing for you is, you're teamed with Sean and Brooklyn. So for this week only, you become the enemy. You become another person standing in my way of getting my hands around Sean's throat. I'll give you a little friendly advice going into the weekend... When that bell rings, don't get in my way. Stand in the corner, do a little dance, go join the announce team, beat the hell out Trish outside the ring, I couldn't give a damn what you actually do. Just don't get in my way when I get my chance to get my hands on Sean. Because if you do get in my way, if you do intend on screwing up my plans for Climax Control, you won't have a good night either. That's all I can really say to you or about you. Now as for MY partner in this match, the woman teaming with Presley and myself... Trish Newborn, I can't say I've met you either. But I have heard good things about you for your ability inside the ring. As for outside the ring, I've heard you're the biggest bitch around. Do I care? No. Long as you hold up your end of the team and you don't cost me this match, I don't care how you act. You carry your own weight, stay out my way when I'm trying to get my hands on Sean and we'll be fine. Okay? Okay... Good deal.

Lucas smiles at the camera, giving off a attitude of brushing the other bombshells off. He seems to have his mind on Sean and Brooklyn and what they done to him and Presley.

Lucas: Now that that's settled, it becomes pretty easy from here till this weekend. This six person tag team match isn't going to be about six very talented people showing off their abilities to entertain the masses. It IS going to be about pay back, revenge and beating the hell out of someone that has wronged you. Everyone knows it. Presley is going out there in her first match ever, looking to get her chance to knock out Brooklyn for ever touching her. Trish Newborn plans on beating Kittie's ass for whatever their problem is, all I heard was they don't exactly like each other. Then finally, I'll be after Sean and you can damn well bet I'll be giving him the beating he deserves for what he done to be at Into The Void. So you can all bet on one thing... This match isn't about winning or looking like a star inside the ring. It's all about beating the shit out of the person you can't stand! It's about getting revenge and giving everyone something to think about before they ever decide to mess with you again. This match to me, is my best chance to prove I don't care about winning! I don't care about gold and all the fame you could possibly gain in this business. I care about showing Sean, Brooklyn and the rest of SCW that underneath this nice guy, behind this hard working man trying to survive day to day... Is a fighter that isn't going to be pushed around by anyone. I'm not going to be shoved to the ground and laughed at just because someone wants to make a big return. You push me to the ground and I get up throwing punches. I've been that way my entire life and I'm damn sure not going to change now, no matter who likes it or who doesn't. Sean has pushed the wrong man and now, now he has to pay for it.

Lucas stands up and walks past the camera. The camera turns to follow Lucas as he casually walks around the small room, looking at small time boxing trophies hes won. Finally he stops as he is standing over the broken glass from the picture frame. Lucas stares down at it, with almost no visible emotion shown in his face.

Lucas: My entire life was like walking through broken glass day after day and year after year. Every single day, something new went wrong and after a long time of that, you start to expect it. You might even start to accept it and laugh at it. Simply because it's going to happen either way. No matter how hard you fight it, no matter how much you hate it, it's going to happen. You might as well get used to it and begin to prepare for it. That's what I've done. But when someone like Sean Williams comes after me, attacks me and tries to make me look like a punk in front of thousands watching... I don't accept that as part of a broken glass covered path. I see it as an attack on my life. Simply put, Sean didn't attack me to make an impactful return. He didn't even do it to prove a point to anyone watching in the back. He done it because he seen a chance to take out a threat. A threat that is rising faster in SCW than he ever could. Sean dreams of becoming something more, in his own mind he's all that matters in this business and then he sees a man like myself. A man that is taking down giants and going on a winning streak, winning over the bosses and gaining more attention than Sean ever had. So did Sean attempt to end my career? Maybe. Does Sean planning on making an example out of me? I'm sure he does. Does Sean stand a chance of making me lose my composure and costing myself a match?... No. Because he dragged Presley into this. When Sean and Brooklyn put their hands on her, he didn't steal away my focus. He never took away the drive I have to win. All Sean done was give me tunnel vision. Because now, my eyes are set on going forward. No championship gold or money is going to distract me as I go at Sean Williams and Brooklyn Carter. I have a line of sight aimed at them and no one or anything is going to stop me now. You two have brought out the inner beast in me and this beast will walk through any amount of broken glass in my path to grab you around your throats, crushing them until all life inside you... Is nothing but a barely breathing sack of meat.

Lucas walks over to the bed slowly and lays in it, attempting to relax his mind as well as his body for the first time today. That relaxation doesn't last long as it's interrupted by the sound of a ringing cell phone echoing through the small room. Lucas sits up and reaches over to around where his pillows are, grabbing his cell phone. He quickly answers it after looking to see who it is.

Lucas: Hello?

The voice that comes over the speaker is a old friend of Lucas, a man named EJ. An follow member of The Sons and almost Sin City Wrestling wrestler at one time.

EJ: Hey man. You alright? I watched that Into The Void show.

Lucas: Yeah...

Lucas rubs his face with his left hand and brushes back his long blonde hair out of his face.

Lucas: Yeah, I'm fine. No permanent damage done.

EJ: I hope you don't plan on taking that shit laying down, bro.

Lucas: Oh trust me, I'm not. I got a match against Sean, his little friend and another bombshell this week. Six person tag team match... Presley and another girl is going to be my partners.

EJ: Sounds like the perfect chance to pound that little bastard's face in. Shocked to hear Presley is going to wrestle though... Hell, I couldn't get the job there. So I never expected her to try it out and actually get hired.

Lucas: You know how hard headed she is. Once she sets her mind to something, she's going to do it. Even if it kills her.

Lucas smiles as he looks at the picture of Presley and him again.

EJ: Yep, sounds like her. You think she can beat that Brooklyn girl?

Lucas: I know she can. Presley has beat bigger and better behind the bar on a drunken Friday night. So of course she'll handle that little ghetto queen.

EJ: You guys got it then. I doubt you'll even need who ever your other partner is.

Lucas: Trish Newborn... Yeah, I've heard she's a bitch. But I've dealt with bitches my entire life and another added to the list isn't going to be a problem. I'm trusting her to get the job done when it counts and even if she doesn't, she better get out my way when I go after Sean.

EJ: I wouldn't wait till the match if I were you. I'd find the asshole walking on the street and teach him a little street justice, Sons style.

Lucas: Not my style here, man. You know I'd rather stare them straight in the eyes and knock their lights out in front of a big crowd. Nothing makes a bigger impression than waking up in the middle of the right, looking up at the roof and wondering what the hell just happened to them.

Lucas smirks, knowing he's given many of his opponents that same feeling throughout the last almost two months.

EJ: Or the fact that you beat a giant and a well known SCW star in a few minutes... That shit was impressive. I thought Alexis Marin was going to be ready for you this time and instead you beat him faster than you did the first time. If it weren't that Sean guy, you would've been the most talked about person of the night. Sean ruined it all.

Lucas: I honestly don't care about that match. I went out, I won, simple as that. I'm not going to brag or want anyone to brag about me for it. But you're right about one thing, Sean did ruin my night and I can promise you that he is going to pay for that. I've had two people attack me after matches and I'm tired of it. I let Matt Barnes go with a warning and let Frost take care of him. This time, I'm taking care of it myself and I'm not teaching just Sean a lesson, I'm teaching it to the SCW as a whole.

EJ: You need to, man. But hey, I called you for another reason... Daisy and I were planning to host the fourth of July party for The Sons at my place. I wanted to call and invite you personally.

Lucas: Yeah, I'll be there... Why didn't you just have Daisy ask Presley last Tuesday?

EJ: She was working all Tuesday.

Lucas: No, she wasn't. Your days are thrown off. Presley said her and Daisy went shopping that day.

EJ: Sounds like it's you with the messed up days, bro. She was working.

Lucas looks confused, as he gets up and walks around the room more.

Lucas: Hmm... Well, that's odd. Why would Daisy lie about something like that?

EJ: You think Daisy lied? No... I dropped her off and I picked her up. She even told me what scene she was filming. I hate to break it to you, man. But Presley is the one lying to you.

Lucas: No way... She wouldn't do that to me. She tells me everything. She stays busy on Tuesday's because she always has something to do. Last Tuesday she told me she was shopping with Daisy and the week before that she was out of town looking at a house for her and me.

EJ: I don't know. Sounds pretty fishy to me... That''s between you two though. I was only calling to check in on you and inviting you to the party. So you and Presley coming or not?

Lucas: Yeah, we'll be there.

EJ: Alright, see you then. Tell Presley I said hey.

Lucas: I'll do that. Bye.

EJ: Later.

Lucas hangs up the phone and pushes it into his back pocket. He reaches over to his right and grabs a black shirt off the top of the dresser. He slides it over his head and puts it on as he stands there still looking confused about what he and EJ just spoke about. Then the ideas of what could be going on starting flooding into his mind and his temper seems to get the best of him again. He glares at the camera, more importantly the cameraman behind it.

Lucas: Get out. I got a few phone calls to make... OUT I SAID!!

The cameraman quickly leaves the room as the scene fades to blackness.
>