Author Topic: - Fighting unseen battles  (Read 442 times)

Offline Melody Grace

• RAINBOWS!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Melody Grace
- Fighting unseen battles
« on: June 01, 2012, 10:23:36 PM »

“Oh this is ladies night, oh what a night
Oh this is ladies night and the feel is right”
- Ladies Night by Lil Kim and six million other rappers

Since joining Sin City wrestling Odette’s popularity inside and outside the six sided ring was continuously growing, she had a group of new found female friends in Brandi, Cookie, Carly, Kittie and not to forget she had an on screen love interest sparking with Scott Oliver. Odette was slowly but surely clawing her way into the hearts of the fans and into the eyes of her competition. It’s only a matter of time before Odette Ryder becomes the name on every body’s lips.

Odette “what the hell is this place?”

Brandi, Cookie, Kittie, Carly and Odette were sitting around small table in a dark seedy looking bar; it was dimly lit by passion pink neon lights. A haze of smoke filled the room constantly as Odette looked around at her surroundings.

Carly “I believe this love… is the finest Karaoke bar this little town has to offer”

Raising her right eyebrow Odette took a long slip from the straw hanging out of her drink, Brandi and Cookie chuckled at Odette as she seemed a little uneasy.

Cookie “you’re not in Queensland anymore Princess”

Brandi “Yeah Odette are you sure you can handle the pressure of free poured drinks?”

Licking her lips she straightened up her bright white coat.

Odette “don’t worry about me girls, I can hold my own”

Kittie “I sure hope so, because tonight has only just begun”

The five girls giggled and raised their glasses for a toast before bringing the glasses to their lips and knocking back their first drink for the night. The atmosphere around them was alive people were singing and dancing all around them. As the waiter came around to replace their empty glasses with full ones they cheered excitedly.

Brandi “Keep them coming jock strap”

Each of the bombshells collected a drink from the centre of the table and continued on with their ladies night.

Kittie “We need to keep winning matches, so we can make this a regular thing”

Carly “Agreed”

Sighing Odette put her glass back down onto the table and checked her iPhone that was vibrating wildly in her short white hot pants pulling it out Odette read the name on the screen and hit the reject button

Cookie “ignoring Scottie’s calls already huh?”

Cookie smirked in-between sips of her vodka on the rocks as Odette flashed a humorous glare.

Odette “no it’s not Scott and hey you know as well as I do Oliver and I are only for the cameras, he is most likely married with kids in real life…”

Kittie “sounds like someone is getting all lusty over their onscreen flame”

Odette huffed and stuffed her phone back into her pocket

Odette “I am not!”

Carly “wow Odette that sounded really convincing, shit I almost believed you there for a second”

Brandi “yeah you can’t tell me there isn’t any truth behind your tweets…”

Odette “believe what you want to believe, it’s not like a guy like him would give a girl like me a second glance if it wasn’t for the storyline we are in at the moment”

All the girls shock their heads at Odette mainly in anger and disappointment

Brandi “you have no self-confidence do you?”

Carly “girl any man would be lucky to have you under his arm”

Kittie “of sucking his co…”

Cookie “KITTIE”

Cookie pushed Kittie back into the leather couch they were sitting on

Kittie “what? what did I say?”

Odette smirked, she has grown to love Kittie she was rapidly becoming one of her best friends.

Odette “stay classy Kittie…”

Brandi “but seriously Odette, why are you so hard on yourself all the time?”

Slamming her second and third drink down before answering Brandi, Odette took her time in responding.

Odette “I have self-confidence Brandi”

Cookie “Oh yeah… well prove it?”

Odette “How?”

All the girls looked up the empty stage just waiting for someone drunk enough to take up the challenge of the dreaded karaoke machine

Odette “no way, not on god’s little green earth will you get me up there…”

Brandi “soft”

Choosing to ignore them Odette changed the subject, looking over towards Kittie she flashed a smile.

Odette “I can’t believe Carly and I have to face you this Sunday… that sucks”

Kittie “eh, what can we do right?”

Carly “well hopefully we can all put on a great show”

Cookie “sorry ladies but I think that no matter how good of a match we put on this week, it is going to be outshined by that swimsuit thing”

As Cookie finished speaking the waiter and brought out a tray filled with assorted shots, looking a little confused Brandi goes to say something but is cut off by the waiter

Waiter “a gift from the guys across the room, they say drink up than saddle up”

The waiter looked uncomfortable as the words spilled from his lips, fixing himself up he walked off as there was a strange awkward silence now at the table. As the girls looked over to the guys from across the room, childish laughter escaped all of their lips.

Brandi “oh hell no, they did not just tell us to drink up and saddle up… I mean I have no problem will drinking up… but they look like the backstreet boys”

Odette “Brandi I know the backstreet boys and they are nooo Brian or Nick”

Brandi “your taste in males concerns me…”

All the girls took a shot each and downed them it wasn’t long before the black tray was empty and the bombshells were in fact on their way to drunk-ville. Continuing their ladies night with bitching, gossiping and laughing there was only a matter of time before this innocent night would turn into trouble. Odette’s IPhone went off in her pocket once more checking it again she sighed as the name ‘Chloe’ flashed up ignoring the call once again, Odette turned her attention back to her new found friends. Carly looked down towards Odette with a puzzled look she knew something was up it was only a matter of time before she would try and weasel it out of her, but until then Odette’s lips were sealed. Tonight wasn’t the night to be dreading the past it was time to embrace the future, tonight was the night Odette drank herself silly.

“I was dreaming of the past
And my heart was beating fast
I began to lose control”
- Jealous Guy by John Lennon

Stumbling up the back steps of her shared house with Travis and Callum, Odette fumbled around with her house keys. Dropping them on the cold hard tiles she giggled as she bent down to pick them up, sorting through the bunch of silver and gold keys. Her tongue hanging out the side of her mouth her hands were filled with her bright pink clutch and one of her pink Louboutins. Slotting the key into the door just as she went to unlock it, the big wooden door was swung open. Making an apologetic smile Odette hoped that whoever she woke up would be in a forgiving mood.  

Callum “what time do you fucking call this?”

Odette looked up at the sky and narrowed her eyes as the sun was starting to sneak up past the horizon. Looking back down at Callum she smiled brightly as he teased curly hair was a mess around her face.

Odette “Cally, it’s morning you loooove mornings”

Stepping into their house she put her one show down on the shoe rack before attempting to walk off to her room.

Callum “where were you last night?”

Odette “Out”

Callum “Don’t be a smart ass Odette, it doesn’t become you”

His voice was quiet but stern he was obviously pissed off at her.

Odette “you know Cal that sooo doesn’t even make any sense”

She was slurring her words and was talking loudly, Odette had that issue when she drank she talked a lot louder than normal.

Callum “you need to go to bed and when you wake up and you’re the real Odette than will talk”

Odette “the real Odette is standing right here Calz, has all that riding without goggles turned you blind?”

Callum just shook his head, he had only even witnessed Odette like this once before. He didn’t have a problem with Odette going out with her new friends he was just upset with her ignoring their calls.

Callum “the Odette I know wouldn’t avoid mine or even her best friend Chloe’s calls”

Through gritted teeth Odette knew that Callum was mad at her, running her right hand through her messy hair she tossed her clutch on the kitchen bench. Turning on the balls of her feet to face him, she reached out with open arms to hug him.

Odette “Cally don’t be mad at me, you love me…”

He shook his head and walked past her ignoring her attempts for a hug, slapping her hands down by her side

Callum “you know I’ll forgive you after you wake up but Chloe on the other hand is pissed”

Odette “she’ll get over it”

Odette walked up to the fridge and opened it fumbling around for a bottle of water knocking over glasses and jars in the process. Callum closed his eyes as a smash was heard as a jar of pickles hit the titled floor.

Callum “Odette… it’s like 5am you need to be fucking quiet”

Odette “sooorry”

She whispered towards him as she shut the fridge door, opening the bottle of water she was just about to bring it to her lips.

Chloe “what the hell is going on down here? Oh, she’s alive. Where the hell were you last night?”

Odette smiled up to Chloe who had stormed down stairs after hearing all the talking and noises. Chloe was standing in the living room door way with her hands on her hips burning a hole in Odette with her brown eyes.

Odette “I went out alright, what’s it a crime for me to have other friends now or something?”

Callum “no it’s not, it’s just you knew we had invited you to a party here last night and you chose not to hang out with us”

Odette “how thoughtful of you to invite me to a party at my own house Callum…”

Chloe “what the fuck is your problem? You’re acting like a spoilt bitch”

Taking a swig for her ice cold water Odette chose to ignore Chloe’s last remark.

Odette “so how was last night?”

Chloe “Like you care…”

Odette “Your right Chloe, I don’t… tell me again what the party was for last night?”

She was raising her voice now slightly shaking she was mad very mad, Odette’s drunkenness had almost instantly worn off.

Callum “it was for Aiden’s birthday, you know that!”

Raising her hands up to either side of her face in a surprised matter

Odette “exactly… now tell me why I would want to be home for that tremendous occasion?”

Chloe “because he is one of your longest friends he deserves your respect.”

Odette “my respect?”

Odette spat the word respect out of her mouth before laughing to herself. Chloe just continued to stand there drilling Odette with why she should have been home last night helping celebrate Aiden’s birthday. Callum just stood back watching his two friends about to enter a battle of the opinions.

Chloe “what did Aiden do to you that was so bad Odette that you have basically written him off?”

Odette “what did Aiden do? Well geez I don’t know Chloe why don’t you ask him?”

Chloe “you seriously need to get over the fact that you two broke up, you were over here for the summer and leaving to go back home to Australia after the motocross tour what did you expect Aiden to just sit around and wait for you? Do the whole long distance relationship bullshit? When he would be clearly worrying about if you were seeing someone else back home in Oz?”

That was all Odette needed to hear before she saw red, Chloe was meant to be her best friend she was meant to defend Odette not Aiden. Maybe going out drinking every night wasn’t going to be such a bad thing.

Odette “oh yeah because I was the slut wasn’t I? I was the one fighting off guys all the time? open your fucking eyes Chloe I followed Aiden around like I was some type of love sick puppy, when he barked an order I was only too happy to sit or beg and what did I get out of it Chloe? Everywhere we went I had girls throwing themselves at him and he would soak it all up like a sponge…”

Chloe “he was an immature back than Odette, a typical male… he has grown up a lot now”

Odette “and what I guess I’m just the immature princess living in the pass? Fuck that Chloe”

Taking another drink of her water Odette tried to level herself and calm down, her already pounding head was spinning and going into over drive as she processed each and every word that was coming out of Chloe’s mouth.

Chloe “I think it’s time you forgive him Odette seriously… hell did you even buy him a present for his birthday?”

Twisting the lid back on her bottle of water Odette slammed it down on the bench in front of her.

Odette “Forgive him? I’m sorry did you just say forgive him? Who the hell are you Chloe because I’m sure as hell not talking or looking at my best friend… and buy him a present? What the hell has he ever brought me in his life other than regret?”

Chloe “what the hell has he ever done to you to make you regret? Are you delusional?”

Odette “You want to know if I got him a present, I gave him a present seven years ago Chloe when I gave myself to him, gave him the best part of me on his birthday… only to wake up the next morning and have him break up with me cause I was going back home… what was I to Aiden huh? I was just a summer fling”

Looking dead into Chloe’s eyes Odette continued on her rampage

Odette “and you know the worse thing is? The year after when I was back again for the summer… we hooked up again but this time we were in love, well that’s what he told me anyways. He told me that he would never let me go again because it broke his heart the last time, told me that I was the only girl in the world for him, told me that one day we would get married and have three children two boys one girl… how quickly life can turn around Chloe and history can fucking repeat it’s self… because guess who was left heart-broken again Chloe? Guess who was sent packing back to Australia mending a broken heart while he was busy tending to what was her name again? Oh that’s right not even Aiden remembers that one”

Walking off she passed Chloe and started to head up stairs

Chloe “Odette I didn’t know this… why didn’t you tell me this?”

Odette spun around on the third step and faced both Chloe and Callum

Odette “because you never asked Chloe, now if you don’t mind me I’m going to train for my match this Sunday…”

Callum “you haven’t even slept yet Odette”

Odette “sleep is the cousin of death Callum, so my eyes are wide open… you know that!”

Chloe “can’t you train later we need to talk about this Odette”

Odette “talk about this? Screw that!”

Chloe “Odette please?”

Odette “Don’t you Odette please me you Yamaha riding slag”

With those last words she was up the stairs and gone from sight, slamming her bedroom door Odette slid her back down the polished wood and rested her head in her hands and lightly sobbed. The night that turned out so promising and so full of fun had become a morning filled with anger and emotion, not only was Odette struggling to come to grips with that she would be wrestling her good friend Kittie this Sunday she now had to deal with emotional baggage she had just laid out for Chloe and Callum to hear. Collecting herself after a few minutes Odette sprang up on her tired and sore feet, gathered a few items and put them in her duffle bag before heading to the shower.

Down stairs Chloe stood next to Callum in shock as Aiden came out from behind the living room wall, almost like he was hiding out back there.

Callum “I guess you heard all of that?”

Aiden “yep”

Chloe “Go to hell you pig!”

Aiden “Chloe let me explain..”

“I can't wait to rip my eyes out and look at you
Peace through pain is precious especially when it's done by you”
-Get Up by Korn and Skrillex

The scene opens up with Carly Athens and Odette Ryder inside the six sided SCW ring, the arena for this week’s Climax control was abandon but by some miracle the two bombshells had scored themselves some extra training time. As Odette and Carly locked up they begun the tug-a-war of power Carly was pushing Odette extremely hard causing Odette to drop down to one knee. Letting her go Carly walked around Odette

Carly “Your good in the air Odette, but you gotta pick up your game on the power front”

Not knowing how to take Carly’s advice Odette jumped back up to her feet and bounced on the spot looking at Carly up and down. Sensing the uneasiness from Odette, Carly broke the silence

Carly “I’m not trying to tell you how to do your thing… I’m just trying to help Odette”

Forcing a smile Odette approached Carly and the two went back into a lock up this time Odette forcefully whipped Carly around into a side headlock, wrapping her right leg around Carly’s left Odette dropped her body weight back and brought Carly down with a Russian leg sweep.

Odette “better?”

Carly “much”

Sitting up Odette stretched her legs out her sweaty body was covered by a long pair of skin hugging black tights with a loose fitting zebra stripped mint off the shoulder shirt. Her long chocolate hair that was normally out was sitting up in a messy bun on the top of her head, accessorized with a mint colored MC Hammer looking head band. Carly was in her ripped white jeans and a tight white tank top, taking time to rest Carly wiggled over and sat beside Odette.

Carly “we should really think of names for our finishers if we are serious about winning the bombshell tag team titles”

Nodding in agreement Odette didn’t say much her head was still pounding; she felt nauseous and was craving a ride on her bike.

Carly “what’s up Ryder? You don’t seem like your all here today”

Odette “I’m fine, just sucks that we have to face Kittie you know?”

Carly “well think of it this way, if Brandi and Cookie win and we win we will have to face them… so it’s kinda lose lose for us at the moment darlin’”

Odette “I guess… I just didn’t think I would make friends here”

Carly “why not you’re a loveable person Det..”

Carly smiled over to Odette as she played with the frays from her torn jeans

Odette “shyeah I know I’m loveable, I mean look at me what’s not to love?”

Carly “have you been reading Angelica’s twitter again? You know that when you do that you turn into a cocky bitch”

Odette nodded as if to say yes.

Odette “you caught me…”

The two laughed as they continued to stretch out they had been there since 8am and it was now heading on to 2.

Carly “Did you see Kittie’s promotional piece?

Odette “Yeah I did”

She was being very short with her answers today.

Carly “and what did you think?”

Odette “I think it was nice of her to be so honest. You and I both know that Kittie and Fantasia both want this, they want to become the first ever bombshell tag team champions, they have the reputation of the Seven deadly sins to up hold. I don’t really know anything about Fantasia but what I have heard is that she has years of experience and used to be one of the best women’s wrestlers of her time, so emotionally I feel like we are both going into this match come climax control a little blind.”

Carly “why do you think that?”

Odette “well we don’t know anything about the sin of lust and I’m not even sure how long she has been out of action for yet she walks back into Climax Control last week and clears house with Kittie. The two of them working together is what any female tag team in this business could ask for, people told us to fear the team that is The Fallen but the Sins are where our biggest challenge lies.”

Carly just nodded in agreement as Odette continued talking, Odette didn’t know what to feel, say or do this week it was partly because she was worried that after the match on Sunday things would be different for her and Kittie.

Odette “I feel a bit sorry for Kittie tho, the poor girl got shafted by Finesse at the last minute and was forced to find a new partner and from what I have seen she picked the best one to suit her style.”

Carly “I don’t think it mattered who Kittie picked she can hold her own, I feel like you and I have walked into every match so far as the underdogs tho hopefully if we beat The Sins this Sunday we can shake off that reputation of being the inexperienced new kids”

Odette “I know what you’re saying and I agree but so far us being the underdogs it has worked out for us, no one expects what we are going to pull out next. As long as we can keep our head in the game we should be fine come Sunday. If anything I’m going to be using our match against Kittie and Fantasia as a learning curve, those two amazing female talent have so much experience and I’m going to soak it up like a sponge but I guess our main advantage Carly is that they don’t know us they don’t know our style, they don’t know what we are capable off. Being the underdog is good but being the new kids on the block is even better. Kittie and Fantasia have very limited footage of us both to watch and to study, while we on the other hand have a whole library.”

Turning to face Carly Odette smiled as she nodded in agreement although Odette was still new she seemed to have her head screwed on right for this business.

Odette “Don’t get me wrong I see Kittie as one of my closest friends backstage in Sin City Wrestling but like she said to us that doesn’t mean I’ll be taking it easy on her. Sunday when we walk out down that ramp I have only one thing in mind and that’s winning. I need to win Carly, I have to win there is no other option for me… I have so much to prove and so much to gain. Every time Kittie lays one of her little paws on me this Sunday I’m going to embrace it, I’m going to encourage it because I know in the bottom on my heart that this match is going to be the match that steals the show.”

Licking her lips she continued as poor Carly just sat there listening intently to every word that escaped her mouth.

Odette “I’ve heard the rumors I heard the gossip that Kittie is untrustworthy and that I should watch my back with this new found friendship with her but I know deep down she would never betray me. She helped me out last week when the Mean girls were getting all handsy with me when she could have just walked on by to me that’s a true friend. I might not know everything about Kittie but I think I know my own judgment enough to know that I’m safe enough around her.”

Carly just sat there the best tag team partner ever Odette thought as she continued, Odette needed to find someone to listen to her because she sure did like to talk.

Odette “So come Sunday I want Kittie to bring it as hard as she can and I know she said wasn’t going to go after her bloodlust but I kind of want her too. You and I Carly aren’t going to fight any different so why the hell should Kittie? I want the best of Kittie so the best is what I’m going to provoke out of her because not matter who wins or loses this bout. All four of us will leave the ring with our heads held high; we will have a giggle than a well-deserved drink”

Carly “You do know you’re receiving a reputation of leading the bombshells backstage astray with your partying antics right?”

Changing the subject Carly looked down at the ring canvas as Odette just softly laughed

Odette “If having fun is a crime than so be it, this place needs a break from the constant bitchy and moaning that hovers over the promo feds and the twitter world. Seriously some nights on twitter is like watching jerry springer with some of the shit that comes out of the ladies mouths, we have some Trish girl claiming she is the best of the best but I haven’t seen anything outstanding come from her? Then there is Bianca who is busy trying to get laid by rage, rage shut her down so she offered to give Casey a crumbed sausage on the beach in 140 characters or less only to find out that Casey has a lady at home…”

Carly “I’m sorry whats a crumbed sausage?”

Odette “Think about it Carly…”

Carly “you’re disgusting; your Aussie lingo appalls me sometimes”

The young brunette just shrugged her shoulders

Odette “Than we have the Mean girls, enough said! Oh and Misty going off at anything that moves on Twitter like she is jacked up on mountain dew and thinks that everyone in this world is out to get her and her precious bombshell title… she seriously needs to calm the hell down before she gives herself a heart attack or something”

Carly “People might think you’re a little bit of a post whore Odette, did you ever think of that?”

Winking towards Carly Odette just smiled

Odette “So what? People like me that’s my difference, plus I can’t help it I’m taking the swimsuit contest very very seriously and if Misty thinks that she is going to walk on into the event and ruin it by her strong stance on not treating women like a piece of meat I’m sure the whole women’s roster will have a thing or two to say about it. Then she will really find out who is after her gold”

Carly “and you aren’t? I think we all are...”

Odette didn’t say anything about the bombshell title situation, she would approach that matter another day.

Odette “but back to Kittie and Fantasia all I’m going to say is that no matter what happens win or lose she has my word I will support her and back her 100 percent in anything she does.”

Carly “you do know that I’m your partner right?”

Odette “Of course I do and I’ve got your back like you have mine, don’t be so silly… dirt bikers for life right?”

Carly and Odette just laughed Carly was joking of course.

Carly “so since we are so open and honest with each other Odette have you even slept from last night? You look like shit!”

Odette “No… no sleep yet”

Carly “So how do you think you’re going to maintain focused on the match Sunday when you can barely keep your eyes open? Let alone win the swimsuit contest looking like that?”

Carly playfully pushed Odette on her right shoulder.

Odette “alright, alright I’ll go home now and get some sleep… but I’ve already told everyone… Carly Athens for the win, I’ve seen your bikini girl and it is smokin’ not to forget I’ve seen you in a lot less in the dressing room so you have this in the bag!”

Carly “when did you?”

Odette “I’m kidding please… I only have eyes for Oliver”

Making love eyes towards Odette Carly was teasing her, hopping up to her feet Odette waved at Carly.

Carly “where are you going?”

Odette “Mark has asked me to see if I can convince Belinda Simone to join the Swimsuit contest apparently I have a way with words”

Carly “good luck with that, I’m not going to save you from the onslaught of protest you’re going to receive from her”

Odette “trust me Carly you’ll see her Sunday night in a bikini even if it kills me”

Carly “than promise me you’ll get some sleep you look like a panda”

Odette “I love you too Athens”

And with that said and done Odette was out of the ring leaving Carly to lie back down on the canvas and look up to the ceiling. The two of them had a massive mountain to climb this Sunday and at Climax Control all jokes would have to be put aside all friendships would have to be put behind them. There were tag team titles at stake and Odette wanted to get her hands on them, well she at least wanted to get one step closer to them. The scene fades.

“If you can hear me now
I'm reaching out
To let you know that you're not alone"

- Lullaby by Nickleback
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:09:20 PM by Odette Ryder »
>