Author Topic: Chapter 17: Bloody snow  (Read 288 times)

Offline The Seraphinas

• View Profile
    • Lucy Seraphina
Chapter 17: Bloody snow
« on: December 16, 2016, 08:14:04 PM »
 Book 1: Life
Chapter 17: Bloody snow
Snow was coming down gently in Moscow; it was another day, another recon mission. Lucy was already annoyed with what was going on. Christmas was coming up and both her and Uri were on edge. With both Alexander and Hunter running around, it would make this one interesting. Meanwhile in the UK, Rachel was at the manor with Claude, taking it easy. Lucy stood on top of a church waiting for Uri. Moments later though Uri shows up.

Lucy: Finally!

Uri: Sorry I’m late. Anything pop up?

Lucy: No, been quiet.

Uriella could tell something was up though. The story behind Lucy’s eyes was damaging, Lucy looked tired and beat up a bit. Uri had heard that Lucy wasn’t sleeping as of late. Lucy sighed and turned to Uri.

Lucy: Stop worrying about me. I’ll be fine, I just have a lot of my mind.

Uriella sighed and shook her head.

Uri: That doesn’t matter. You need to sleep and tell me what’s wrong.

Lucy turned away from Uri. The vampire magi-blood felt the cold air come into her lungs. Lucy was tired of this. She was tired of being away from her family, having to fight and all of this.

Lucy: A lot of shit. It doesn’t matter now Uri.

Uri: Bullshit! Honestly Lucy, I can tell when something is wrong! You need to tell me. I’m so sick of feeling like I’m left out.

Lucy didn’t say anything at first.

Lucy: I’m just tired of this life.

Uri: Everyone is! You’re not the only one Luce. We all want this bullshit to end. We’re tired of this and we just want happiness.

Lucy: I feel like I failed everyone.

Uri blinked, not expecting the answer. Uri pulled Lucy into a hug and she heard Lucy crying.

Uri: One day…I promise.

Lucy: Don’t promise me what you can’t keep.

Uri: I can keep it.

Lucy pulled away and kept quiet. She turned and looked down at the snow. It started to stain red, Lucy’s tears were dyed red.

Uri: Hey, don’t cry.

Lucy: Can’t help it.

Both Uri and Lucy look at each other.

Lucy: I know, I know. It's fucking cool to see the Angel Clan in the ring. At the same time, it’s a little weird that we don’t have the championships.  I know it wasn't the ideal way to go about business but it's not as though that was planned or something I was ever aiming to do. Hey, I didn't even know it happened until afterwards. I'm not going to complain though but I don't doubt that Elders will so I'm prepared for that. We'll have a lot more of that in store for us, I'm sure...

Uri: But enough about them because that's what they want this to be about. Instead, I'm going to talk about me because well, that is what I'm here for. Honestly, it means a lot to me to be able to be called in a match again. I feel like it's been a long time, even though it's not, really. Doesn't matter. Point is that I am a fighter again and that means the world to me. I get to do that alongside one of my sister so it's safe to say I'm stoked about that.

I mean, it's tough to have to deal with the Justice League. So yeah, I am very happy right now.

Lucy: Hey, me too. It's a shame I'm not Champ anymore but this is one helluva replacement.

Uri: But this week brings a new challenge. It's surprising to me that myself, Lucy and the JL haven't really crossed paths before but of course. So I guess I'll be dragged into that this week but that's not a problem. I'll always have Lucy's back and now is no different. She wants me to kick their ass? Then that's precisely what I'll do. Well, I would have anyway but y'know.

Lucy: But as a competitor, I can say that I am beyond excited to step into the ring with them. As a competitor? They’re without a shadow of a doubt, one of the best out there right now. They’re a surprise.

Uri: What the fuck? I guess that is the only phrase I can use to describe my life as of late. I'm not gonna lie though, I have no idea what is happening but one thing I can gather -

Bitches.

They be crazy.

As my friends say, at least. I've been told any times that bitches in these parts are indeed crazy and this past week has been my first real encounter with the craziness SCW has to offer me. Some deranged psychopath decides to target me and why? Jealousy or lack of direction or general delusions or because he has a deathwish - or all of the above. Who the hell knows or cares?

Lucy: You know I have nothing against you. I still have a lot of respect for you, you know that. I know that if there's a threat to me in this match, then it's you. But at the same time, I do know precisely what it takes to defeat you and I won't hesitate to beat you yet again but no matter what, we will both earn ourselves a shot at the championships. JL, you and I could steal the show.

Uri: But as I said, bring it on. I don't back down from challenges... or even situations like this, where it's simply masquerading as a challenge because it sure as hell isn't actually one.

I'm at a disadvantage there - not gonna lie. But experience isn't everything - I do know what I'm doing and I know that I have what it takes. I can walk out of here with the win.

Lucy: Respect tends to mean shit to a lot of people in the industry so take it or leave it. Doesn't mean it's not there. So JL I respect you as a women and as an athletes. But as a champion - naturally - it means a lot to me because I like to believe I am a respectable champion. But if you love pain, you are in the right place because you'll get more than enough this week. You'll get fuck all for it but still, maybe you can enjoy the bloodshed. Who knows?

Uri: Good luck.

Fade to black.