Author Topic: NICK JONES and TONY vs DESPAYRE and BIG B  (Read 1074 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
NICK JONES and TONY vs DESPAYRE and BIG B
« on: November 24, 2013, 10:18:54 PM »
 Post your RPs here!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Staggs

• -={NXT}=-
    • View Profile
    • Spike Staggs
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 12:20:37 AM »
 The first deadline has now passed. Anything after this will count for Round 2

Offline Despayre

• Beware the stare
    • View Profile
    • Despayre
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 06:46:38 PM »

One does not need to be of blood in order to be family.

"I'm pretty sure that just about everyone is familiar with this little saying. It's been said many a way over many a years. I know I have. Heck, I've said it myself a time or two. When you live in circumstances like I do, you learn a few things."

"Me? I live and travel with a small family of my own, called the Sins. The Seven Deadly Sins to be more precise. They're what you might refer to as a little group of 'outcasts' if you will. Men and women who don't think like what the norm might expect. They have different beliefs as opposed to you and I, but that doesn't mean I'm any less loyal to those who took me in. Or that I love them any less."

"They're based somewhat in the 'City of Sin', Las Vegas, Nevada. It's funny how that worked out. A group that takes its name off of the Seven Sins of Mankind, living in perhaps the most famous city of all for it's manner of playing off of each and every vice known to mankind. Lust? Greed? Anger? Las Vegas has it all; and so do the individuals who I refer to.  You know who I'm talking about. Over the course of many years, they've been superstars and bombshells in their own right in the rough and tumble world of professional wrestling. They embrace a way of thinking that many frown upon, but it's what has driven them to success in one of the most competitive sporting fields in modern day."

"These views that got people talking. People like fans and agents and the heads of more than one wrestling promotion since Synn himself first set foot inside of a wrestling ring, many years ago in a worldwide promotion known as the EFWO. He became the most controversial wrestling megastar for the views he had, ones that he was unafraid to share with the world and for which those in the religious community would deem him 'the Dark Priest'. He believed then, as he does now, in he cleansing of the soul by seeing the Seven Sins not as true vices of the soul, but more so as ways to simply bring happiness and gratification into one's life. I'd say its worked for him, so far, don't you think?"

Las Vegas, Nevada

It was a familiar sight for those that paid close attention to the comings and goings of the famed wrestling stable of the Sins; the large 'mansion' of modern design that was the home of Synn and Despayre. At times, it also served as a home away from home for members of the stable and others who needed a roof over their heads, or just a place to get away. Friends were never turned away.

Hell, Avon ladies and Jehovah Witnesses were never turned away. Just ask Synn. That son of his was a friendly sort. Too friendly. Despite his own fears and insecurities, there was not a person who showed up at their door that didn't get invited inside. They had sat down for meals with more Mormons, Avon ladies and young men selling magazines door to door than the head of the household would ever care to even think about. It was a trait that Synn both wished he could break his son of, and avoided doing so both.

It was later in the evening in Vegas, as the sun had set and twilight was rising over the skyline. The lights of the Strip illuminated the heavens for all to see and admire, but in the suburbs, in this quiet, refrained neighborhood, street lights would come on, and the lights of the homes started to come on slowly, one by one.

Such was the case here, as there was more than the usual number of house guests at the 'Synn' household. The evening meal had just been finished, and while some random activity was starting to take place in the spacious living room, business had to be taken care of elsewhere in the house. In the room that served as his office toward the back of the house, the man himself sat at his desk, typing away at the keyboard to his desktop computer.

"That's Synn. Tough looking brute, isn't he? Big in stature as well as personality. He has a manner of carrying himself that seems to ward people away from him. It's like a wall that he's erected around himself to keep people from getting in, and to keep something, anything, from getting out.

"He's been through a lot in his life. I'm not sure just how old he is. I think the only people who ever knew, have disappeared. of course I jest ... sorta. From what I can gather, he fathered Joshua in his late teens. So if Joshua is twenty (which he is), that would put Synn in his late thirties... mayyyybe early forties. The point is, nobody really knows, except for Gabriel. Gabriel lifted his wallet once and had a peak at his driver's licence to find out his birth date. All so Joshua could throw Synn a birthday party."

"Ironically, that's also how Gabriel became the only other person at the time, besides Synn, to find out the true nature of the relationship between Synn and Joshua."

"Synn had a pretty rough go of it at the earliest stages of his life, from what I'm told. But he's risen above it all and really made something of himself. You have to hand the guy that. Everything he's accomplished for himself in wrestling, and the success that he's guided others to as well. Plus outside of the biz, he's done pretty well in stock and the real estate market. Enough so that he lives very comfortably, even in a screwy economy like we've got going right now. He's got a real knack for investments, and every now and then he'll buy a house, turn it around and sell it for quite a bit more than what he had originally paid."

"That there's a little bit of the mystery revealed; how Synn made all his money!"

There was a knock on the office door, prompting Synn to glance up away from the screen of the computer and his eyes fell on the older Hispanic woman who was the main caretaker of the household.

"That's Theresa! To know her is to love her. Even Despayre has taken a shine to her, even if she does frighten him. (Personally, I think he has a little crush on her, but don't tell him that I blabbed.) Theresa lives here too, and is the housekeeper around these parts. She's been in Synn's employ since before even I ever met the man. Oh there are one or two others who swing by a few times a week to lend her a hand in cleaning, but for the most part, she's the lady of the house. The kitchen is her domain (Seriously! Don't go in there when dinner is being prepared!), but her being under this family's employment does not lessen the meaning she has on the household."

"Synn has always treated her like gold, surprising many of those that are lucky enough to have gotten past that 'wall' and come to know him personally. She is often invited to join in on little celebrations, and Synn and Joshua always insist that she sits down and eats her meals with them, as opposed to the traditional route of 'the help' eating in the kitchen. As such, is an extended member of our little family unit."

"Are you still busy?" Theresa asked as she set foot into the office, her hands clasped in front of her ample waistline, while she approached the desk where Synn sat behind. "Joshua is about to have a fit."

"Whatever for?" Synn casually asked. "If I know that boy, he hasn't even picked out a movie yet."

Theresa yielded with a nod and sighed, "True, but it is 'movie night' and he wants his papa there for the start."

Synn answered, his eyes returning to the computer. "And I will be, shortly." He said. "I'm just having a difficult time getting my mind off of certain ... things."

"What, things?" She asked as she invited herself to approach the side of the desk so she could get a look at the flickering images of the screen. Such was the closeness of this employer-employee relationship where she felt comfortable in doing so, and Synn thought nothing of it. She leaned over just a hint to see the images of a wrestling match being played on video. "What are you doing?"

"Just keeping some options open." Synn answered, his eyes never seeming to leave the screen. "This match of Joshua's coming up isn't something I'm looking forward to."

Theresa frowned and spoke, "But I thought Gabriel said you were the one that got it signed."

"Yes, well..." Synn sighed in resignation. "I don't think I thought things through too well. I'm not worried about the match itself, or the outcome. It's what happens after that has me concerned."

"And that would be?"

Synn said, "I don't think Joshua has pieced together that this could very well be his last match in Sin City Wrestling. It about broke the poor kid's heart when Gabriel was forced to retire. It took quite a bit to convince him to team with Rage so they wouldn't have to relinquish their tag titles, and look how well that turned out."

Synn shared a brief but silent glance with Theresa before he shook his head and said almost defeatedly, "Then Rage goes and gets hurt in a training session and they had to abandon the titles anyway. Now..." He shrugged. "It was a nice run, while we had it."

"So, that's it?" Theresa asked, unclasping her hands for but a moment for emphasis. "Joshua won't wrestle any longer?"

"Not if he doesn't get to team with one of his friends, Gabriel most particularly." Synn answered. "I got six offers here on the table. Each one from a different promotion and each one wants the same thing: Joshua signed to a singles contract. Mark ward himself has been after me to let him push Joshua in the singles division." He looked at her and shook his head. "Joshua said 'no' to every single one of them. He'd rather retire than compete alone."

Theresa said nothing. She didn't have to. She simply watched as Synn reached up to the computer and switched it off. He then picked up one of the aforementioned envelopes and glanced at it for a mere second before he dropped it again to the pile.

"It's uncanny." Synn said as he stood up. "Joshua's won singles gold before, but only because he wasn't given any choice. I have the SCW bosses and a number of his friends telling me that he's good enough to be the Heavyweight Champion."

"And what does Joshua say about that?" The housekeeper asked.

Synn answered, "He says that he's only one hundred and seventy pounds, so he's not allowed to be a Heavyweight Champion."

Theresa smiles and a subdued chuckle can be heard from behind her pursed lips, while Synn himself could only smile and shake his head.

"Oh what am I going to do with that boy of mine?" Synn asked as he followed Theresa out of the office, shutting the door behind him.

"What, indeed?"

"I'm one of the ones who has talked to Joshua, or Despayre if you will, at length about venturing into the singles division in Sin City Wrestling. As I understand it, he's even received interested offers from as far away as Japan, but he's been pretty steadfast in refusing his father's repeated requests. Synn, I can understand, but me? There was a time when I thought I could talk Joshua into just about anything, but talking him into going into singles action has been beyond my skill, so far. But I'm not about to give up, believe you me!"

"I've had some of the guys theorize that maybe he's afraid to go into such a vastly different foray. There is, after all, a pretty big difference between the singles division and the tag team division. I've sat Joshua down on occasion and asked him about this but he has steadfastly denied being afraid of anything -- except for strangers ... and crowds ... okay, and ducks."

"Yes, ducks!"

The interior of the living room showed the scattered remnants of Despayre's lingering search for the 'perfect' movie to share with his loved ones on this, family movie night. DVD and BluRay cases were pulled from their allocated spots on the storage shelves of the entertainment center and scattered across the floor, prompting the entering Synn and Theresa to step around them carefully so as not to step on, and thus break, one of the young man's many movie collections.

"Has he picked one yet?" Synn asked as he walked past the sofa where a large, muscularly framed blond individual sat stoically, as if his mind were elsewhere, idly scratching the family cat, a feline with a penchant for attacking Rage at a moment's notice.

The man simply shook his head in the negative and murmured, "No."

"And contrary to popular belief, the man does have a mind. He's just very selective about when and where he chooses to use it."

"That's Bernard, but everybody calls him Big B. well, everybody but Joshua. He calls him 'Bernie'. Big B absolutely detests his given name, and can you really blame him? I mean, seriously! Bernard? I don't know why his parents didn't just brand him with a "Kick me!" tattoo when he was born. It would have been a lot less painful."

"But back to the introductions. Big B over the course of the past year or so has actually grown to become one of Joshua's closer friends, and that's not such an easy thing to accomplish. Joshua isn't what you might call a people person. Crowds make him tend to freak out if he's cornered in the middle of them, which makes him the perfect ammo for shopping on Black Friday! Just ask Gabriel who every year brings his 'little brother' along to the sores at the earliest possible time that fateful Friday after Turkey day to get the best deals he can on some real high tech goodies. You'll never meet a better bulldozer to use against those rude and hard hitting crowds than Despayre!"

"Plus it also helps that Gabriel always promises Joshua a little something for his good work."

"Strangers aren't on Joshua's favorite list either, so one tends to wonder just how it was that these two buddies met in the first place. It's quite simple, really: Joshua stabbed him in the hand with a pencil... and then took him to go get it fixed. They've been bosom buddies ever since."

"Makes sense, doesn't it?"

"And after Bernie's own cousin, Nick Jones, turned on him and brought him bodily harm on two separate occasions, Joshua and his father gave him a place to stay in their own home, adding yet another adopted member to this family. When given a place to stay until he could decide where he wanted to go from there, Bernie informed Synn that he did not want charity. Say what you will about his intellect, but Big B had a lot of pride. Synn consoled him and stated it was not charity, and he even offered to let him work off the room and board."

"Luckily Joshua didn't allow this because what Synn suggested seemed to be anatomically impossible."

"Okay! You pick!" Despayre said with a smile as he scurried over on his knees to where Big B was seated, offering out five DVD cases, cover down and fanned out.

Big B blinked back in pleasant surprise. It was a rarity where anyone ever asked him for his opinion, let alone allowed him to make the end-all decision on what they were going to watch or even do to spend an evening. Big B leaned over and looked over the back of the DVD cases, scrutinizing them closely with his fingers curled against his chin.

While he waited, Despayre looked up at his father who took a seat and Theresa who stood there and waited for the selection to be made before she retreated to the kitchen to get their snacks.

"What do you hope he picks?" Despayre asked in his usual excited manner.

"Anything except 'Pathfinder' will be fine by me." Synn shifted in his chair. "I don't think I'd ever been more grateful for a movie to be over than with that particular one."

"What was wrong with it!?" Despayre protested with a frown. "Angel gave it high marks!"

Theresa answered first, "It had too much blood and not enough story." She shuddered. "It turned my stomach."

Despayre then switched his gaze toward his dad who nodded in agreement with the housekeeper. He added, "The only redeeming quality that movie even had was the sight of Karl Urban in a loin cloth."

"Amen." Theresa added with amusement as she and Synn knuckle bumped.

"This one."

Despayre turned his head around, all but forgetting the debate over the merits of 'Pathfinder' and found Big B holding out a DVD case for him. Despayre snatched it quickly and held it at arm's length, inspecting it.

"Oooo!" Despayre exclaimed. "Scary! 'Woman In Black'! Excellent choice, huh Angel?"

Despayre looked at Big B's other side where the teddy bear was nestled against some cushion's for ultimate comfort. Despayre nodded at whatever he perceived to be the bear's answer and held the case up and announced, "'Woman In Black' it is!"

Big B smiled, happy for himself at having made a good choice. Never would nick have openly praised him the way his 'little buddy' just did. Despayre turned around and scrambled for the DVD player when Theresa's voice drew him out of his actions.

"I hope you were planning on picking these up before we started the movie?"

Despayre looked at her like a deer caught in headlights, then bit his bottom lip and looked around at the scattered DVD cases. He sighed and set the 'Woman In Black' DVD onto the top of the entertainment center before he started grabbing at the DVDs. Big B even crawled off of the couch and got down on his hands and knees to lend him a hand.

Synn leaned back into his chair, his eyes firmly glued to B's backside when Theresa swatted him on the arm. He looked up at her smiling face while she shook her head and he silently pleaded 'innocence'.

Synn murmured just loud enough for her to hear, "Oh like you weren't looking. Now at least you'll have enough time to get the food before they finish."

Theresa just huffed playfully and turned and headed for the kitchen...

The bed in the guest room was a tattered mess, a testament that Big B was something of a restless sleeper, prone to moving about a good deal in his sleep. The covers were thrown off, half exposing his bare upper body while he clutched tightly at the soft pillows beneath his head, savoring the cool underside while he dozed. That movie indeed was a good choice, Bernie never before having gotten to see it. He jumped more than once, and the thrill of 'movie night' prompted him to remain up later than usual with Despayre who popped in a second movie to enjoy while Theresa and Synn went about their business.

Such was the reason why B was still in bed, the late hour having tired him out more than usual. He perhaps would have slept in late but it was not to be. The bedroom door swung open and slammed against the wall with a sharp rap, startling him awake.

"Morning Bernie!" Despayre shouted as he dashed into the room, Angel in his arms. He promptly leapt up onto the bed and started to jump up and down, his usual ritual no matter whose bed it was, or where they happened to be staying at the time. He continued, "Theresa made us breakfast so we can get an early start!"

"Early start?" Big B grumbled sleepily, rubbing at his eyes and trying to wipe the sleep from his system. "For what?"

"To get ready for our match against Nick and Tony!" Despayre said as he almost lost his balance to topple to the floor, but he regained his balance just in time and climbed down under his own power rather than tempt fate. "Dad said he's not taking any chances. He's going to give you a crash course and put you through the ringer."

"The ringer?" Big B blinked and then his brow furrowed in confusion and he looked to his friend who grabbed whatever clothes were close at hand from the closet and passed them to him. "Is that like a sex thing?" Big B asked as he accepted a tight-fitted T-shirt. "Because I told your dad, curiosity aside, it wasn't really my thing."

"No, no! It's not..." Despayre then stopped the protest and reached up to scratch idly at his scalp. "Then again, you never know with dad." Despayre then shrugged and grabbed B's arm just as soon as he managed to pull the T-shirt on over his head. "C'mon! Theresa made chocolate pancakes!"

"Oo!" B jumped up from the bed and hurried out of the room, following Despayre.

"Let me tell you all right here and now that despite the fact that Big B is Despayre's buddy, that in no way was ever going to play a factor in Synn getting the big guy ready for their tag team match at December 2 Dismember. He would never take it easy on anyone when the stakes were high, such as they would be in this match."

"Oh, it's true that no championships were up for grabs and there was no stipulation that would affect any of these men long-term, but that didn't mean the match in itself was of any less importance. As a matter of fact, I think the match had higher stakes than a championship match, and I believe Synn would agree with me. You see, since we first started our time together, I've been trying my best to stress the importance of family, and to me and a lot of others, that's what this tag team match is really all about."

"Despite any animosity between them, and yes, there is quite a lot of it, Big B and Nick Jones are family. Cousins, to be more precise. Had they been just friends, the shock wouldn't have been as self evident as it was when Nick attacked Bernie that first time, let alone when he did it a second time just a couple of short weeks ago. Nick sunk to an all-time low when he laid out his own flesh and blood in that nasty two-on-one attack, with the assistance of Tony Capicelli, his right hand enforcer. People were shocked. They knew that Nick could be the lowest of the low. A man out to feed his own raging ego and who would stoop to any depths in order to succeed. Yet there was always a line that everybody never thought to cross. Big B, everybody thought, was Nick's line."

"They were wrong."

"It would seem that Big B's ... intellect ... served as a catalyst for Nick's temper and sarcastic wit, often joking at his own cousin's expense. But the first real cracks is this family foundation seemed to appear when Bernie first developed his budding friendship with Joshua. It's been no secret at all that neither Nick nor Tony were particular fans of Despayre (and Tony harbored a particularly intense hatred directed toward Angel). Nick even tried to demand that Big B end the friendship, and to Nick's shock, Big B refused. That was perhaps the first time that Big B did not do as his cousin demanded, and I'm willing to bet that Nick is placing sole blame for his cousin's disobedience on a certain teddy bear loving twenty year old."

"Okay, I want to talk to you for a second while we take a break."

Synn called Big B over to the center of the ring, following a particularly intense session inside of this training ring located in a locale gym in downtown Las Vegas. Despayre followed Rage and Shane Boswell over to an ice chest to get a drink while Synn had his say with his son's temporary tag team partner.

Big B used a towel to wipe the perspiration from his forehead and face. Despy was definitely not kidding when he told him that Synn would be working him hard in this session. Ever since the tag team match at the Supercard was announced, Synn proceeded to take Big B under his personal 'wing' and give him a crash course in training for the ring. Big B had seen action twice now, and while he had seen success against Tony himself, his one-on-one encounter against Nick himself went nowhere near as close to success. While Big B was powerful and a surprisingly quick learner in the basis, Nick was simply too seasoned a competitor and his technical skill outclassed his cousin by leaps and bounds.

"Did I do something wrong?" Big B asked as he approached Synn. B looked like what a puppy might when it thought it was about to get a rap on the nose from a rolled up paper. He assumed he did something wrong and was about to be scolded for it. Nick had performed this treatment on so many occasions that it was hard to get past such treatments, even when unwarranted.

"No." Synn answered, and he said nothing else until his piercing gaze prodded Big B to finally look up from his shoes and into Synn's own unnerving stare. Synn continued, "And please stop with that paranoid sense of self, will you please? Just because I want to speak with you, doesn't mean you did anything to be reprimanded for. Quite the opposite, actually."

Quite the opposite. That was a good thing, wasn't it?

"Synn, with assistance from the others, took Big B and taught him how to fall to the canvas and use his feet and shoulders to take the brunt of the impact without taking too much damage to the rest of his body. They knew that Big B's strength inside of the ring would rely on just that: his strength. He'd never be what you might refer to as a 'technical master', unlike his cousin. He could use holds that most benefited his strength and weight, but anything more than that would be a recipe for disaster."

"What Bernie had to do was exactly what he had already picked up on in his previous encounters: power maneuvers and, if need be, brawling. Big B seemed to have an affinity for learning by watching, as with so many years in Nick's corner, he had observed his cousin, as well as his cousin's opponents. Some people believe that the best way to learn something is by observing how others do it. This was certainly true of Big B. His use of the moves he employed against Nick and Tony respectively were precise, if not particularly crisp. He was able to execute them but not with the precision that a fully trained mentor might be able to lead him into being able to do."

"That was where Synn would come in, as well as Despayre and the rest who sought to aid him. Every form of slam, toss, suplex and the like that Synn, Shane, and Rage could think of, they instructed Big B in how to properly perform. He still was not what they might see as 'perfect', but he was improving and that was what mattered most."

"Gabriel, too, lent a helping hand. His injuries prevented him from assisting with the in-ring training, but he worked hard himself to get 'Bernie' prepared to deal with Nick's expert use of psychological warfare. Synn saw to help with this as well, as they both knew that Nick knew how to play an opponent like a fiddle, and would seek to derail any plans Big B might have once inside of the ring. Big B wasn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, so this task was far easier said than done. Yet they were up to the task, having done the same with Despayre these past few years."

"Despayre was a person of pure instinct. Synn, Gabriel and the rest had a heck of a time getting him to focus on any one match or opponent, but they knew once it was time for that opening bell, all they had to do was 'unleash' him and instinct would take over. That little guy had a talent for pulling off stunning aerial maneuvers that none of the above men ever had a hand in showing him personally. Also, when angered or hurt, he'd simply start fighting like a wounded or threatened animal; biting, scratching, kicking... you name it! That was what made Despayre so dangerous, despite his lack of size and strength. Opponents often overlooked him as the insignificant member of his tandem with Gabriel, as well as Rage. They would then realize their mistake when they understood one simple conundrum: How was it possible to prepare for someone who was capable of almost anything?"

Synn propped his hands on the neutral ropes in the corner he was closets to and hopped up, taking a seat on the perch of the top turnbuckle. Big B seemed to fidget, despite himself and the reassurance of the man in front of him.

"I know this match isn't going to be easy for you." Synn started to say. Big B just tucked his hands into the pockets of his sweat pants and shrugged his beefy shoulders. Synn continued, "None of this has been. The affair with Nick..."

"I didn't have an affair with Nick!" Big B suddenly protested with indignity behind the perceived accusation. "He's my cousin!"

"That is not what I meant, but I am reassured to know that." Synn propped his arms up on his bended knees and continued. "I just meant, everything that's happened between you and Nick, with tony ... all of it has been very difficult for you. But you've persevered, Ber..." He caught Big B's flash of angry annoyance and quickly corrected himself. "..B, and you've done so admirably."

"You think so?" Big B asked sheepishly, all too unused to hearing words of praise. "I-I didn't win against Nick."

"But you did defeat Tony." Synn pointed out. "And you performed well against Nick, a man with much experience over you and much more training. You lost that match, true, but you sent him a message."

"I did?"

Synn nodded. "You let him know that you were not going to be used as a doormat any longer. That you were through being his verbal punching bag. You tried making amends, even after all he did, and he took that olive branch and threw it right back in your face."

"Wow." Big B blinked in wonder. "Where was I when he was throwing olive branches?"

"Never mind." Synn said, opting to ignore the big man's moment of... an arterial flow problem above the neck? Synn went on further and said, "My point is, I think you're as ready as we can make you in such a short amount of time as we've had. This won't be easy, stepping into the ring a second time with your own flesh and blood, but I think this time the outcome will be completely different."

"Why's that?" Big B asked.

"Simple, if you ask me. Because this time somebody took the time to give Bernie the pointers and assistance that he sorely needed. his time, he's going to have Joshua, not in his corner as a personal second, but as a tag team partner, fully ready to back him up against Nick and Tony. Joshua is nothing, if not loyal. Ask Gabriel first and foremost. Ask Rage, even. But above all others, you can ask me, because I know him better than anyone. I know that Big B and Joshua aka Despayre, will be walking away from this match with their arms raised proudly in victory."

"How can I be so sure?"

"You guys ready?" Gabriel called to the two men still inside of the ring.

Synn looked to Big B inquiringly and Big B nodded. They then turned and climbed through the ropes and joined the others; Gabriel, Shane, and yes, Despayre, who was cuddling a very familiar plush friend of his tightly in his fond embrace.

\'user

"Simple."

"Ask Joshua. I'm never wrong."
>

"A teddy bear does not depend upon mechanics to give him the semblance of life. He is loved - and therefore he lives."

Offline Nick Jones

• View Profile
    • Nick Jones
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 10:59:12 PM »
 The scene opens up backstage Vanguard Grand Nightclub in Hollywood, California just after the last Climax Control before December 2 Dismember II has gone off the air.  Back in the locker room of Nick Jones, not long after his match against his cousin, Big B, he is there along with all of the members of the Entourage.  Nick seems quite clearly rather displeased as he is in the process of reaming out both Jimmy Mason and Max Goldstein as the camera begins to pick up the ongoing conversation.

Nick:  Are you two out of your damn mind?!?

Jimmy:  Nicky, baby... I don't see what the problem is.

Nick:  Of course you don't because you're a freakin' moron!  Apparently with B's stupid ass no longer around you two dipshits figured you needed to fill in his role as the dumbass of the group, huh?

Max:  Oh Gawd!

Max, quite clearly letting his anxiety get the best of him, starts to breath rather heavily as Nick continues to berate the two men.

Nick:  Have you two stopped for even just an instant to think what the hell you did out there?

Jimmy:  What's wrong?  We distracted that little nutjob for you, just like you wanted, baby.

Nick:  No, no, you didn't just distract him, you did the very last thing you ever should have ever done when it comes to that raging lunatic; you touched his damn teddy bear!

Jimmy:  Yeah, and it got him to come chasing after us, which was great.  I don't get it.

Nick:  It's not the reaction for a few seconds that I'm talking about, I'm talking about the fact that you're working that raging psychopath up even more than he already was for this damn match.  How do you not see the problem with that?!?  Where the hell would you possibly come up with such a stupid ass idea in the first place?

Jimmy and Max both stand there silently as they look away from Nick, staring down at the floor.  Max peaks up from the floor a little bit and his eyes shift to look past Nick for just a moment before quickly returning to looking down at the floor.  Nick seems confused for a moment before turning to look behind him, where he sees Tony standing, leaning up against the wall with his arms crossed across his chest.  Tony stands there with no expression on his face, just watching and staring at Jimmy and Max the entire time.  Nick then quickly turns back to Jimmy and Max, just in time to catch them looking back at Tony and mouthing something to him, before they're able to quickly look away again upon realizing Nick is looking back at them.  Nick then looks back at Tony, now seeming even more pissed off than before.

Nick:  Wait a damn second, this was YOUR idea?!?

Tony:  Yeah, wut da frig' is da problem, boss?

Nick:  Did you not hear everything I just told these two little shits?  I thought YOU of all people would know better.  Hell, now you're going to have to deal with this wacko in the match too you know.

Tony:  Yeah, and?  I ain't friggin' care 'bout dat.  Dat lil' shit ain't gonna do nuttin' ta me, capiche?  I ain't know wut you's so upset 'bout anyway, it friggin' worked didn't it?  I mean, you's got da win, right boss?

Nick:  Well, um....

Nick stops and seems to be thinking it over, but cannot come up with much of a response to Tony.  That seems to make Tony quite pleased with myself, as a big smile appears across his face as he comes to realizes he's left his boss nearly speechless; which is as close as Nick will ever get to being quiet.  However, Nick's expression changes from one to deep thought back to annoyance as soon as he sees the smile on Tony's face.

Nick:  You can wipe that smug smirk off of your damn face, alright you arrogant little greaseball?

Tony:  Hey!  What da...

Tony seems annoyed, but stops himself and seems to let it go, instead wiping away the smile as he's so asked.

Tony:  Whateva', boss.

Nick:  Well listen, if you're so damn convinced that this won't be a problem, then I've got a little proposal for you.  How about when Despayre finally snaps, and we know it's just a matter of when and not if, and goes completely batshit crazy at December 2 Dismember, YOU are going to be the one who will get to deal with his insane nonsense, got it?

Tony:  Sure t'ing, boss.  You's know I'mma be more den happy to put dat little shit in his place once and fer all.

Nick:  Alright then, I suppose we have this all sorted out.

Nick turns and goes to leave, but stops himself.  He then and turns back to the group, addressing all three men.

Nick:  Just one last thing.  For future reference, you all need to remember one damn thing.  I'm the one who makes the decisions around here, got it?  So next time you even think about pulling one of these stupid ass little stunts, you better check with me first, alright?

Tony:  You's got it, boss.

Jimmy:  Sure thing, baby.

Max:  Of course, sir.

Nick:  Good.  Now let's get the hell out of here.

With that, Nick turns and goes to leave, with the group following behind him as the scene cuts away.

<hr width=50%>

The scene opens up at the Los Angeles home of Nick Jones on Thanksgiving Day.  As the scene moves inside, it starts off in the master bedroom, where Nick is finishing getting ready, with Diana there along with him.  The two are talking about the days plans, which Nick seems none too happy about.

Nick:  All I'm saying is I'm not so sure what's supposed to be so freakin' great about all of these damn holidays.  It's nothing more than a day that you have to deal with a bunch of obnoxious family members that you're thrilled not to have to see for the rest of the year giving you crap about anything and everything humanly possible.  If I wanted anything to do with these people, then I would, but I really don't.  I'm just absolutely dreading this crap.

Diana:  Oh, come on Nick, don't be like that.  I'm sure it really won't be that bad.  It's just a couple of days a year, for a dinner and some chatting and that's it, then you get to move on.  I mean, you want to keep in touch with your family to SOME degree, right?

Nick:  I don't know, if you say so I suppose.  I just don't see it.  More than anything they're a monstrous pain in my ass and a burden on my wallet.  Not sure I really get the supposed appeal.

Diana:  Oh stop.  Besides, I didn't even know you had that invited that many people to come out today.  When are they getting here?

Nick:  You mean the dinner crowd?  They're all already here.

Diana seems to be caught completely off-guard by that, as she has a look of shock on her face.

Diana:  They're what?!?  Oh my God, why didn't you say so?  Come on, move your ass!

Nick:  What are you freaking out about?  What's the big deal?

Diana:  We have house guests.  You're seriously leaving them sitting downstairs waiting for us?

Nick:  Yeah, what's your point?

Diana:  Just shut up and let's go.

Nick:  Whatever you say.

Nick simply shrugs his shoulders and follows Diana as the both head out of the master bedroom and go straight down the main stairs.  Nick and Diana then both head into the living room, where their guests are waiting for them.  Diana looks confused as a quick look around the room shows some very familiar faces, as the room is filled only with the usual suspects:  Tony, Jimmy and Max, all of whom are occupying themselves by watching television.

Nick:  See?  They're fine.  Jeez, it's Thanksgiving and all of the sudden you'd think this group of leeches can't handle being alone for a few minutes.  You think they'd be used to it by now.

Diana:  Wait, but... no.  What the hell is going on here?

Nick:  They're watching TV.  What's with you, D?

Diana:  You were carrying on and on about your family.  Where are they?

Nick bursts out into laughter as Diana looks even more confused now than before.

Nick:  Wait... you actually seriously thought I invited my derelict family here for Thanksgiving?  Are you out of your mind?

Diana:  I never would have thought so, but you wouldn't stop ranting on about them.  If they're not coming here, then what was with all the whining?

Nick:  It's because...

Before Nick can finish, his phone starts to ring with his custom ring tone of Kid Rock's "Cocky" playing.  Nick pulls his cell phone out of his pocket and looks at it before holding it up for Diana to see.

Nick:  See?!?  THIS is the crap I'm talking about!

A closer look shows that the call in question is coming from a contact simply labeled as "Mom".

Diana:  You're seriously complaining about a phone call from your mom on Thanksgiving?

Nick:  Oh, just wait.  You'll see.

Nick then takes the phone and hits the answer button, putting it up to the side of his head before speaking with a rather annoyed tone to his voice.

Nick:  Yeah?

Diana seems a little taken back by how Nick responded to his mom's call, as Nick seems to be listening to what she's saying on the phone.

Nick:  Yeah, yeah... Happy Thanksgiving to you too... right, whatever.

Nick listens again as he rolls his eyes a bit in the process.

Nick:  Fine, tell dad the same too I guess.  Is that it?

Nick listens for a moment until suddenly his eyes go wide and he seems to get a bit nervous.

Nick:  What?!?  No way.  No, no, no... I can't talk to her, I um... I have to go.  Yeah, right now.  I can't wait, I.... but.... damnit!

Nick pulls the phone away from his ear a moment as he talks to Diana.

Nick:  My mom is putting my freakin' aunt on the phone!

Diana seems a bit perplexed by Nick having such a more significant issue with this.  That is, until he explains it further.

Nick:  B's mom!

Diana seems to suddenly get it, nodding along assuredly as Nick puts the phone back up to his ear.

Nick:  Oh, hi.  Um, Happy Thanksg...

Nick cannot even finish his sentence before he is cut off, with the screaming being so loud that it can be heard even far away from the phone.  Nick pulls the phone away from his ear a bit due to this and as soon as there is a break from the screaming by his aunt, he quickly tries to interject.

Nick:  Listen, you don't understand!  It's just that...

Nick seems to change to somewhat annoyed as he is clearly interrupted once again.

Nick:  No, if you'd just let me finish, I'm trying to tell you that...

Nick becomes increasingly more annoyed as he's cut off once more.

Nick:  YES!  Just freakin' listen for one damn second and I'll tell you exactly why that dipshit son of yours had it coming!

The screaming from the other end of the phone gets louder than ever as Nick pulls the phone away from his ear.  He rolls his eyes and then hits the mute button on his phone before sticking it in his shirt pocket.

Nick:  This friggin' broad.  I paid my idiot cousin God knows how much money over years because she asked me to, and now I've got to listen to her bullshit because he got the ass-kicking he's been asking for, for a VERY long time now?

Diana:  Yeah, but isn't this little maneuver only going to piss her off even more?

Diana points down to the muted phone in Nick's hand, which is still connected to the call.

Nick:  This?  She's just ranting and raving like a lunatic, she wouldn't be listening to a damn word I said anyway.  She won't even notice that I'm not there or not listening, trust me.  This way she can get it out of her system and I don't have to listen to her nonsense.

Diana:  That's quite the little trick you've got there, I'll give you that.

Diana then stops and seems to think it over for a moment before coming to a realization.

Diana:  Wait a damn second, you don't pull that crap with me, do you?

Nick:  Well, um... uh... no, of course not.

Diana:  Oh really?  And why exactly should I believe that?  Now that I think about it, every time you and I are arguing on the phone, you always...

Before Diana can finish, Nick notices that his phone gets a bit quiet and he quickly puts his finger up to indicate Diana wait for a moment, as he quickly pulls the phone up and unmutes it before speaking into the phone again.

Nick:  Yes.  Yes, I understand.

It can then be heard that Nick's aunt continues on with her screaming, as Nick once again pulls the phone away and mutes it.

Nick:  Sorry.  What were you saying again?

Nick thinks and then realizes what it was so quickly changes the subject.

Nick:  Never mind that.  So how's the game going anyway?

Nick turns and looks to see the Raiders / Cowboys on TV, and immediately notices that the Raiders are losing the game, letting out a sigh.

Nick:  Friggin' Oakland.  They really are just the worst, aren't they?  Well, I guess it could be worse.  At least I'm not a damn Jets fan, right?

Nick stops, turns and looks straight into the camera for a moment, shrugging his shoulders, before turning back to the group.

Nick:  Alright folks, let's go eat.

Nick then unmutes and puts it back up to his ear.

Nick:  You're right, I'm so sorry, I have to go, bye.

Nick then quickly hangs up the phone before any type of response can come from his aunt and then puts his phone away.  Nick then turns and heads towards the dining room, which is already completely setup and has the food on the table, clearly having been catered by some outside source.  They all sit down around the table and Nick immediately goes to reach for some food,  but Diana slaps his hand away before he can grab anything.

Diana:  Not yet.  Before we have anything to eat, we all need to say what we are thankful for.

Nick:  Oh, you have GOT to be kidding me.

Diana:  I am dead serious.  Is it really that hard to come up with ONE thing to have something positive to say?

Nick:  You know, it just might be.

Diana:  Well too bad, come up with something.

Tony:  You's know what?  I's got sumtin'.  I'll start.

The group all seems to be caught a little off guard by that, but all listen as they turn and look towards Tony.

Tony:  I's t'ankful fer da fact dat I's get to get my hands around da neck of dat little nutjob, Despy.

Diana looks unamused while Nick cannot help but chuckle.'

Nick:  Well you know what, Tone?  You've inspired me.  I'll tell you what I'm thankful for, I'm thankful for the fact that I'm getting to do what I've wanted to do for many, many, MANY years.  Something I've wanted to do for as many years as that dipshit cousin of mine has even been alive.  I'm thankful for getting to beat the hell out of that moron of a cousin of mine;  not just once, but also a second time, and soon enough, it will be the third time that's a charm.  THAT is what I'm thankful for.  Alright Maxi-Pad... you're up.

Max:  Oh Gawd!  I'm thankful for... oh Gawd!

Nick:  Great, Max is thankful for God.  Moving on... what have you got Jimmy?

Jimmy:  What am I thankful for?  You all know what it is... money, baby!  Money!

Nick:  Alright then, that leaves you sweetheart.  What have you got?

Diana:  Well what I am thankful for is to have this time to spend all of this time that I can around the people I care about most.  The fact that I get to spend so much of my time around the love of our life and not only that, but our closest friends, who are by all means our truest family.  That is what I'm thankful for.

The rest of the room gets completely silent, as the entire group look at Diana as if she's completely nuts after listening to her seemingly heartfelt and sincere thanks.  That is, until she continues on.

Diana:  Nah, I'm just screwing with you!  I'm really just thankful that we've got this awesome meal and that I didn't have to cook one single freakin' piece of it!  Plus, watching Nick and Tony beat the ever-loving shit out of two of the most unimaginably irritating people I've ever had the displeasure of being around will certainly be something to be thankful for as well.

Nick:  Now, THAT is more like it.  Cheers!

With that, the group all raise their drinks to cheers before drinking them back.  The group all then starts to fill their plates with food and begin their eating.  After a minute or two into the meal, the conversation starts back up about their holiday plans.

Diana:  So we've got to start putting our plans together.  With Thanksgiving so late, Christmas is just right around the corner.

Nick:  Yeah, but you weren't serious about that New York City trip you were rambling on about were you?  I mean, you were just joking with that nonsense, right?

Diana:  What?!?  No way, I was totally series.  How can you not want to go for New York for Christmas time.  It's great out there.  What, do you have a problem with the Rockefeller Center or something?

Nick:  You seriously want to go all the way across the country for some stupid big ass tree?  Give me a damn break.  You DO realize that I have a match coming up in Newark, and that's in Newark, CALIFORNIA, not New Jersey!

Diana:  Oh, you've got two weeks before your match, don't be such a big baby.  The tree is awesome and you know once we're there you'll be happy we went.

Tony:  Hey Dee, I ain't t'ink it's da tree da Nick's got da problem wit'.

Diana:  Then what do you think his problem is?

Tony:  Ain't it obvious?  He's scared of goin' anywhere near St. Pat's.

The entire group chuckles while Nick seems less than amused by the remark.

Jimmy:  Yeah baby, he's afraid if he walks inside he'll burst into flames or something.

Max:  Oh Gawd Jimmy, don't be ridiculous.

Max seems quite serious at first, but then suddenly a smile comes across his face.

Max:  That said, he really better make sure he avoids letting the holy water touch his skin, because that's sure to burn.

Nick glares over at Max, still seem unamused by all of this.

Nick:  This coming from the Jewish guy.  Seriously?

Max:  Hey, Jesus was a Jew too ya know.

Nick:  Ah, whatever.  My only problem with the church is that cheap, shitty wine they serve.  If I'm going out drinking, I want to drink like a freakin' man, not like some poor little sissy.

Diana:  Well then, we'll be sure to hit a bar before we go to Rockefeller Center or St. Patrick's.  See?  I'm more than happy to compromise.  Now let's book this trip!

Nick:  Wait... no.  That's not what I was saying.

Diana:  Too late to back out of it now, Nick.  I'll have it all booked tomorrow.

Nick:  Ah, crap.

Nick shakes his head and turns his attention back to his food as the scene slowly fades to black.
>

Offline Staggs

• -={NXT}=-
    • View Profile
    • Spike Staggs
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 12:34:33 AM »
 The second deadline has now passed