Author Topic: Pain and Pleasure  (Read 283 times)

Offline Staggs

• -={NXT}=-
    • View Profile
    • Spike Staggs
Pain and Pleasure
« on: September 03, 2015, 12:20:21 PM »
 Cruising For a Bruising
#NP "Hole In the Earth" by Deftones
Locale:  Sun Princess Cruise Liner; Somewhere in the South Pacific
August 9th, 2015

The deck of the ship is mostly clear as the light rain dances across the ground, sending a pitter patter against the deck, and the surrounding waters.  Standing just under the awning outside of the gym area is Tim Staggs.  He has a cigarette between his fingers as he shivers, bringing it up to his lips to take a hard drag from it.  He holds his arms together against his body as the moisture drips from his shaggy red hair.

Tim:  For Christssake, who's brilliant fucking idea was it to put us on a cruiseliner, in the middle of the ocean for a card titled Summer XXXTreme?  In the dead of winter in the southern hemisphere?  Idiots...

Tim looks around as technicians are mapping out the set up for the actual card.  He sighs as his breaths can be seen.  He turns slightly to look inside of the gym where fans have gathered to watch Spike Staggs and Vixen sparring with various members of The Nobodies.  Alexis and Connor are visible, while the others have their masks on tightly.  One of them catches Tim looking inside, and they make their way over toward the door.  Tim turns, putting the cigarette down at his side to keep it out of view as he leans against the wall nonchalantly.  The female masked Nobody walks through the door, gently closing them so not to draw any suspicion their way.  She looks at Tim, and her demeanor comes off as authorative.

Nobody:  Really, Timbo?  Smoking?

Tim's posture relaxes as he nods his head.  He brings the cigarette to his lips, the burning ember lighting up on the end as he starts to take a drag.  However, a gloved hand swipes it from his lips as he protests.  They bring it to their mask, lifting up just enough to reveal the crimson lips that wrap around the butt of the cigarette, taking a light drag.

Nobody:  Fucking right, menthols...

Tim:  They taste like shit, but that's all I was able to get.

Nobody:  Never underestimate the power of a menthol cigarette, especially in cooler weather.  It's almost like a swig of bourbon, it just warms you up on the inside.

Tim reaches back and pulls the cigarette back from the Nobody.  He takes another long drag of the half finished cigarette before putting it out on the heel of his boot.  He places it in the pocket of his hooded jacket, pulling a bottle of Axe cologne from the other pocket.  He gives himself a few heavy spritz before replacing it in the pocket.  He sprays a minty fresh breath freshener into his mouth, smacking it around a bit before blowing into the face of the masked Nobody for approval.

Nobody:  It smells like a frat boy go a hold of some GPC's...

Tim:  But, it's better than straight up smoke.  I have to get back in there before my dad comes looking for me.  Besides, I'm freezing my nuts off.

The masked Nobody pulls the mask down over her face as she simply nods in response.  She follows Tim inside the gym area as Holly Wood stands by, watching the dynamic duo in action with a camera in hand.  Spike looks up at him and smiles as he gives Vixen a nod.  Vixen and the rest of the Nobodies exit the ring as Spike waves Tim inside.  He holds his hand up as if to tell his father to continue on with The Nobodies.  Alexis walks over toward Tim, a hopeful grin on her face, but Tim snubs his nose at her.  Between the two evils, working with his dad suddenly doesn't look so bad.  He rolls in under the bottom ropes.  He hops up to his feet as Alexis sighs on the outside.  The fans around cheer, but they seem to be more excited to see Spike in action in a one on one scenario.  He plays up for them as Holly leans on the ropes, taking in a good look of the... situation.

Spike:  You ready for this, son?

Tim:  I was born ready, mothufff-

Tim stops himself in his tracks as Spike gives him that intense parental glare that tells him he'd better not finish.  In a bit of defiance, Tim rolls his eyes as he rubs his hands together.  Spike holds a hand out to add pause as he walks over toward the ropes.  He leans through them and waves someone forward.  Tim smiles, thinking it could be one of his uncles, or a cousin from Germany here to witness this.  He straightens up his posture completely as he looks out.  The sparkle in his eye fades quickly as fire takes over.  If we ever thought we'd seen Tim angry before, this is a whole new level.  He stomps on the mat as hard as he can before turning around to grip onto the turnbuckle.  He rips the padding off.

Tim:  FUCK NO!

Spike slowly leans back inside of the ring, looking stunned at Tim's colorful language, as well as his reaction to the situation.  He furls his dark brows as he walks over toward Tim.

Spike:  I told you to watch your language, young man.

Tim:  Get... her... out of here!  What kind of fucked up mind game is this?  Huh?

Tim turns back around, rage written all over his face, even in a way his closest friends and family members had never seen before.  His face is a new shade of red that almost rivals his hair.  We follow his stare to the outside of the ring where a very tall, almost Amazonian woman stands.  Her hair is the same shade as Tim's, and the green glint in her eye is identical to Tim's.  Her porcelain skin is also a close match.  Tim's mother, and former SCW Bombshell, Roxanne, stands on the outside of the ring, an expression of hurt written on her face as she purses her cherry lips together, rubbing them as she looks over at Spike who gives an awkwardly apologetic glance.

Spike:  Tim?  How can you treat your own mother that way?

Tim laughs and storms right up to Spike, getting in his father's face, causing a bit of a curious reaction from the surrounding crowd.  He points out at Roxanne as his eyes grow even wider.

Tim:  THAT?!  That is NOT my mother!  My MOTHER is at home with my SISTER!

Spike:  She brought you into this world, and she can take you out of it.

Tim is seething as he walks past Spike, bumping into his shoulder as he goes.  He leans over the ropes as he looks down at Roxanne.

Tim:  Hey mom...  thanks for the egg, but I think we're good here without you.

Spike:  I did not raise you to talk to ANYONE that way, little dude!

Tim scoffs in an almost comical manner as he turns back around to face Spike.  He studies his father for a moment, making sure he's being serious before he proceeds.

Tim:  That's right... YOU didn't raise me.  You put clothes on my back, food in my stomach, and a roof over my head, but I raised my fucking self, pops...  Just because the cameras are rolling, does not mean I'm going to sit back and let you play Father of the FUCKING Year!  It's bullshit, and you know it.

Spike:  I'm not going to say it again.  Watch your mouth, Timothy!

Tim:  Oh, I'm sorry... I thought that's what a Staggs is supposed to do.  Air their dirty laundry in front of a camera, because God knows we don't ever talk about anything.  It's unbelievable, dad... If you bothered to listen to me, like ever, you'd know that I don't want her anywhere NEAR me!

Spike is almost flabbergasted, unsure of how to respond as Tim paces quickly around the four sided ring.  He wants to shout more at his mother, but he can't even bring himself to stomach acknowledging her presence for another moment.  He tangles his fingers in his hair as he slowly begins to shake his head.

Tim:  I bet that bastard Acquin did this.  Trying to get inside my head before our match.  It makes sense, but that's even lower than I would ever have thought someone would go.  I am going to beat him into a bloody pulp on Sunday...

Spike:  Actually...

Spike grits his teeth together, sucking in air as he tries to think of a way to phrase it.  Tim laughs as he stops dead in his tracks.  Everyone else in the room seems to fade away as Tim narrows his eyes at Spike.

Tim:  You... didn't, did you?

Spike:  I was just so proud of the man you've become, and I figured it was only right for your...

Tim:  YOU HAD NO FUCKING RIGHT!!!  No fucking right at all!

On the outside of the ring, the masked female Nobody places her gloved hand near her mouth as she leans over to Alexis.

Nobody:  Good going, princess.  I see your nasty mouth has finally rubbed off on our little Timmy...

Alexis rolls her eyes at the masked Nobody as Tim shakes his head.  He turns away from Spike and looks out of the window into the serene ocean, trying to find repreve from his anger.  Spike gives it a second, but being accused of not caring seems to ring through his head.  He storms over to Tim and lovingly places a hand on Tim's shoulder.  He turns Tim around, prepared for a hug.  What he is not prepared for is the stunning right hook that takes him down to the ground.  Tim looks down at his dad, and his busted lip, before looking out to his mother.  He lifts his chin up in an almost arrogant, defiant manner.

Tim:  Are you proud of me, mommy?

Not giving her a chance to respond, he looks at all of the eyes resting on him as a hush comes over the crowd.  Tim sneers at each and every one of them, taunting them in hopes of getting some kind of a reaction.  When he sees no one is going to speak up, he laughs, rubbing his chin as he turns toward the door, toppling over the top ropes in a Handstand style exit.   As he lands on his feet, he looks out at everyone once more, first pointing to his mother.

Tim:  Fuck you...

Tim points to Spike next.

Tim:  And fuck you...

Tim pushes his way through the crowd, but Alexis gets in his way, stopping him in his tracks.  He closes his eyes, taking in a deep breath through his flared nostrils.

Alexis:  Tim, wait...

Tim:  And fuck you...

Tim shakes his head as he brushes past her and to the door.  Not caring anymore about a cover up, he pulls the remainder of his cigarette from his pocket, lighting it up before walking fully outside.  Tim quickly lights it as he begins to storm off.  Tears of rage are flinging from his eyes as he briskly walks along the deck of the ship, a mist of smoke and condensation flowing from his lips as he moves along.  He's captivated by his own thoughts, some of which are brash and destructive, while others are oppressing.  He doesn't have long to react when he bumps into someone, pushing them down to the ground on accident.  It is enough to break his spell, though he's still not thrilled at who he sees.

Tim:  What kind of games are you playing, Lex?  I'm not in the FUCKING mood, alright?

He takes another harsh rip from his cigarette as he stares down at the blonde Alexis, only little does he know, that is not who he's staring at.  Alexis' sister, Riley Edwards, stares up at him in a bit of shock and confusion.  Without having to say a word, Tim sucks in a deep breath of regret, reaching down to help Riley back up to her feet.  He doesn't make eye contact, just staring down at the ground as he mutters what seems to be ingenuine, but is quite the contrary.

Tim:  Sorry...  Are you okay?

Riley:  I think... yes.  Did you call me...?

Tim nods his head as he takes another drag from his cigarette, looking out across the ocean.  Despite the cool air, Tim finds the empty waters calming, and a great distraction from the shit storm that has just occurred.  Riley smiles hopefully as Tim leans on the railing.  She joins him, though instead of staring at the ocean her eyes rest firmly on Tim.

Riley:  So you know my sister then?

Tim snorts at the idea, rolling his eyes as he shakes his head.  He presses the cigarette to his lips once more, taking a soft, slow drag, before sucking it deep into his lungs.  Just as slowly, he exhales before answering Riley.

Tim:  Apparently not as well as I thought... but yeah.  I feel like I know you too, and honestly, you're the last person I ever imagined having a civil conversation with.  So, before it turns into an episode of Twilight Zone, would you mind getting the hell away from me?

Riley chuckles, strangely enough.  Under normal circumstances, Riley would have left Tim alone, but something about his response hints that he doesn't really mean it, so she stays.

Riley:  You remind me a lot of her, you know, before she started talking like an angry sailor all the time... How do you know her, if I might ask?  Are you her boyfr...

Tim: FUCK no... not even close.  Your sister met me around the time she flew the coup.  I found her beaten and bloodied in my father's gym one night when I went in for a workout.

Riley looks horrified at this news as she stays captivated by Tim's story.  She can't even fathom the idea of what could have happened to her out on her own on the streets.

Tim:  My father is Spike Staggs, and...

Riley:  THE Spike Staggs?

Tim:  Yeah... he owns a training facility in Vegas where I found Alexis.  She just kind of... never left.  She picked up a few things, and here we are.  I hope I've satiated your curiousity enough for you to leave me alone now.  I kind of feel like being alone.

Riley nods her head, feeling as if she has now overstayed her welcome.  Despite Tim's outward appearance, she knows just how strong he can be from the accidental shove.  She holds her hand up in surrender as Tim flicks his cigarette butt out into the ocean.  His cold blue-green eyes rest on her, calculating, much like his father's.  She starts to walk off, which leads Tim to lean against the railing once more.  However, Riley has one last question for Tim.

Riley:  What did she do to make you so angry at her?

Tim scoffs as he turns around, glaring right at her.  She stands her ground, but not in a threatening manner.  She places her hands in front of her politely as she waits for an answer.  When it doesn't come, she clarifies.

Riley:  You are mad at her, right?  The way you responded to the "boyfriend" question and all.

Tim:  Yeah, I'm pissing fire right now!  Okay?  Is that what you want to hear?  Your sister is impossible.  She makes you care so much for her, and then once she's let you in, just a little, she shoves you back out into the cold.  You're forced to look at her through the window as she self destructs, and there's not a goddamn thing you can do about it!  It's saddening to a point, but then it's fucking infuriating!!!  I want to throw her over the railing right now!  And let me tell you, the two of you look pretty damn close, and I'm starting to think you'll do, princess!

Riley looks into Tim's eyes, a tear in her own as she walks closer to him.  She wraps her arms around him, sobbing into his jacket.  Tim looks as if someone had just suggested the most absurd thing in the history of man as he shakes his head, holding his hands out at his side.  Riley looks up into Tim's eyes as she brushes a strand of blonde hair from her face.

Riley:  Now you know how everyone, especially me, has felt.  The only reason I found out her secret is because I caught her.  Is she still doing it?

Tim:  Look!  I don't know you, and I definitely don't want you touching me!  I'm not... wait, what secret?

Riley bites her bottom lip as if she had said too much.  She lets go of Tim as she starts walking.  Without knowing it, she now has the power, causing Tim to try his best to appear casual as he chases after her.

Riley:  It's a long story, so I hope you have time...

Riley smiles sweetly as she looks to Tim at her side, the two walking along as the scene quickly fades out.

Pain and Pleasure
#NP "Beautiful Pain" by Eminem Ft Sia
Locale:  The Downtowner Motel; Las Vegas, Nevada
August 24th, 2015

"Here I sit in this dingy hotel room, staring at the contraban.  I look down at it, and even through the dim lighting in the room due to the curtains being closed tightly, a light seems to gleam off of it.  It's like I'm being called closer to the sweet release.  I must understand the appeal."</color>

Lying down on the golden floral print comfortor of the bed, Tim holds something up, and as he says, the lighting blinds us to it's identity.  He lies there in a pair of gym shorts pulled down in an almost teasingly comfortable manner, yet still appropriate for younger viewers.  There is a bandage patch on his pelvis, barely sticking out over the waistband.  He closes his hand around it lightly, pulling it down close to his chest.

"I could never understand what made people give in to such a demon.  Perhaps it is because I've never given in to a demon in my entire life.  I'm still a virgin.  I've never done a single drug in my life..."</color>

The irony comes in to play as Tim untangles his fingers from his red locks as he reaches over to the nightstand.  He picks up a pack of cigarettes, flipping the box open to retrieve a lighter and a fresh cigarette.  He presses the cigarette to his lips, but only stares at the lighter for a moment.

"Nothing that isn't legal at a certain age, anyway.  Some would call me naive... a loser.  They are half right.  I've had many monsters under my bed, many skeletons reside in my closet.  I've done and seen things that no one my age should ever be forced to even think about.  Naive isn't even close to synonymous with Tim Staggs.  But never once have I attempted to do drugs.  I've never once given it a thought, until now.  Now, I simply don't care.  I have nowhere to go since punching my father in the face.  I can't go back there, even if I were welcomed."</color>

Tim looks over to his burner phone next to his cigarette pack.  Part of him wants to call his father and apologize so that he can return home.  Part of him wants to tell all sorts of depths of regret he feels, but it simply wouldn't be true.  He's heard enough lies for his time, and he's certainly not about to perpetuate any.

"I don't even know why I bought this stupid phone.  There must be someone I want to talk to, right?  Not a single person comes to mind right now.  Let's face it.  I've got nothing to lose right now.  I have no name besides the one given to me by birth.  I don't own anything of worth.  If I were to give in to temptation right here, right now, and feel that high for the first time, possibly the last time, no one would even notice I were gone.  Everyone I try to talk to only seems to want one thing, and that is to leech off of my birthright.  How can they expect to do that when I can't even do it myself?"</color>

Tim gives in and lights his cigarette, still clutching the contraban close to his chest.  He takes a deep drag, holding it in as he savors the cool burning sensation.  As he slowly exhales, he notices that his shaking hand is also squeezed tightly, and a bit of redness is spilling across his chest.  As he unfolds his hand, a crimson coated razorblade falls from his hand and on to his chest along with the forming pool.

"Oh shit...  I didn't even notice the pain.  Maybe I wasn't doing it right.  Maybe I have to be more aware of it..."</color>

Tim reaches down with his bloodied hand as he stares at the sharp edge.  His cigarette hands loosely from his lips for a moment as he presses it down to his wrist.  There is a great hesitation within him as he feels the pressure.  This causes him to pucker his lips around the cigarette, taking in a deep drag before running it across his wrist.  He looks down blankly at it.  The crimson line is drawn, but no wound has been made.

"Of course, it wasn't hard enough.  How can this even be considered pleasurable?  Why would she do this?  Why would she hide this from me?  I simply do not understand."</color>

Giving it another attempt, he presses the blade down against his wrist, just about a half an inch up his arm.  This time, he sucks in a pained breath as he cuts at his skin.  His entire body shivers as he has a strange look on his face, indicating confusion at the sensations he's feeling.  The surface wound stings, but is not fulfilling.  What has his entire body excited is the adrenaline rushing through his veins.  Every hair on his body is on edge as he lets his arms fall down to his side, the blade hanging loosely between his slick fingers.  His lip quivers as a light trace of blood comes from the wound.  He reaches up and pulls his cigarette from his lips, licking at them, aching for more.  He sits up slightly as he looks down at his wrist, pressing the blade to it once more.  He sucks air in through his teeth, but he must... MUST have more.  He prepares himself to rake it across his skin once more, though he quickly shoots up from his bed.  He rushes across the room and shoves open a door.  He drops the blade into his toilet, when the crushing realization hits him.  He enjoyed that way too fucking much for his own good.  As he places his bloody fingers on the silver flusher, his head sinks down into the toilet, and he begins to wretch as the scene fades out...

No For An Answer
#NP "Never Wanted To Dance" by Mindless Self Indulgence
Locale:  Wellington, New Zealand
September 4th, 2015

Tim looks down at his burner flip phone, rustic to say the least.  He looks down at the screen to read a message as the brisk wind brushes over him.

"Meet me at the Lambton Quay Terminus

-Lex"

He looks around the busy terminal for the cable car famous throughout all of New Zealand. He spots a woman in a black hooded jacket coming his way with her hands tucked into her jacket pockets and her head pointed down.  His annoyed look quickly disappears as relief comes over his face.  He looks over just as the red trolley like car pulls into the station.  He grips Lex by the arm and drags her over to the car, bumping a couple out of the way to take their spot.  They protest with vulgarities, but Tim is far too concerned about Alexis to care right now.  He drags her into the car with him as all seats are now filled.  After a moment of buckling in, the car begins to take off.  As it begins to depart, Tim looks over at Alexis, and the annoyed look comes over his face once more.

Tim:  What the fuck, Lex?  You won't return my calls, then I get a random text to meet you at the terminus, and then you're a half hour late?

Alexis giggles under her hood, and Tim shakes his head in frustration.  He gives her a look that amplifies his inquiry.  He impatiently waits for an answer, and just as he's about to speak, he's interrupted.

Nobody:  I thought you and Lexi were at each other's throats right now.  If your literal "Fuck you" on the cruise wasn't enough, that little talk you guys had at your dad's gym sure was.

Tim:  Seriously, ((NAME CENSORED))?  How did you know Lexi asked me to meet her here?

Nobody:  Because I'm the one who stole her phone and texted you.  I was tired of hearing it go off as if she had a stalker ex on her case.  Besides, you wouldn't talk to anybody except the one person who didn't want to talk to you.  Not even your tag team partner for the week.

Tim sighs as he turns away from the masked female.  He sits back in his seat, tilting his head back as he sighs, blowing tufts of his ginger hair from his face.

Tim:  Well, I'm not in the mood for lectures, so there's that.  I don't need to hear how bad it was for me to punch my dad in the face.

Nobody:  Actually, that was pretty fucking cool if I'm being honest.  And Captain Hooker deserved it the way she's been acting since she got unmasked.  She's been all about herself.

Tim:  Yeah, says the girl who has been stalking Jessie Salco...

The masked Nobody looks over at Tim, though we can't see the expression on her face due to the mask.  However, one doesn't need to see to get the impression she is now a bit aggravated herself.

Nobody:  Uh, yeah, for you!  Listening to Slowcow drag you through the dirt on social media and on the shows was getting so freaking old, Tim.  Alexis should have had the good sense to rough her up for you, so you didn't snap and get fired for choking the bitch yourself.  But, no.  She decided to do her own thing, totally ignoring Salco.  I took the intiative.  If that's selfish, then I apologize...  Speaking of selfish, playing the whiny baby role is fun and cute for a minute, but now you're entering an entirely different zip code by screwing with Connor's win-loss record.

Tim:  Because that's all that matters to anyone, right?  Any Nobody?  Kris, Lexi, Connor, you?  Well, rest easy, because R.O.A.R. couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag collectively.  We've got this in the bag.

Nobody:  Oh?  So being former tag team champions is something to laugh at then?

Tim turns, slightly, taking in the almost breathtaking views of the city and countryside as the car passes over a long narrow track.  After a second, he looks out of the corner of his eye at the masked Nobody before sneering.

Tim:  Unless you are teamed with Despayre, then yes... it's completely laughable.  Danger Zone has a lack of real competition, so people don't see this yet, but defeating R.O.A.R. should not define your success as a team.  Defeating J2H and Casey Williams isn't much better.

Nobody:  But you and Kris couldn't do it.

Tim:  Because having Kris as a partner is a handicap!  I'd do better with a rock sitting in the corner as my partner!  I could decimate R.O.A.R. on my own, blindfolded.  Having Connor there just makes this all gravy to me.  Either one of us is qualified to defeat those idiots on our own, so why do you think I need to talk strategy with Connor?  We go in there, we continue the Kiss My Ass Tour, we win, and we leave, and we call it a day.  No more, no less.

Nobody:  You know, that's what I like about you, Tim.  You act like you have such low self esteem, and you think you're a lowlife loser, yet you pull out that big, swelled up ego of yours, and you just do it.  You don't ask permission, I mean, you just rape their ear canals, and it's sexy.

Tim laughs it off as he scoots a few inches away from the masked Nobody.  She turns to face him entirely as she playfully shoves him.

Nobody:  It's true.  You play this good kid gone bad, the derelict revolutionary who has had a hard time, and has succombed to the darkness, but you are your father's son.  You're a raging dick by nature, and you've only held it back until now.  Your modesty only grounds you.  You're not a Nobody like the rest of us.

Tim:  Then you understand the irony, right?  I have talent, yet I get overlooked constantly.  Everyone wants to debunk the Nobodies gimmick, yet we get put in matches against bottom feeders, or we're set up for failure by facing the top names.  This week, we have to face people who always seem to be out of it, like they don't really care.  R.O.A.R. half asses everything they do, yet somehow they expect them to give us a run for our money because they were former tag champions.  On paper, they look better than us, but there's no way we're going to lose this one.  Connor and I have the heart we need to make it through.  It's not a matter of ego, it's a matter of fact.  Call me arrogant, call me a fraud, I really don't care.  No matter how disorganized Connor and I are, we have this one won already.  It's not because we're Somebodies, it's because R.O.A.R. are even bigger Nobodies than we are.

The masked Nobody gives a soft nod of her head, not wanting to argue the fact any longer.  Once Tim i finished with his soap box proclamation, he faces forward and relaxes a bit, enjoying the ride.  Once we pan out to drink in the lovely views of trees and valleys with the big city off in the distance, we fade... TO BLACK!