Author Topic: Dreams in Funimation  (Read 340 times)

Offline Staggs

• -={NXT}=-
    • View Profile
    • Spike Staggs
Dreams in Funimation
« on: July 23, 2015, 10:46:11 AM »
 Boys Don't Cry
#NP "Holiday" by The Birthday Massacre
Locale:  Hong Kong Football Club Stadium; Hong Kong, China

\'user\'user\'user

As episode 120 of Sin City's Climax Control comes to a close, the fans are wildly celebrating the events of the night.  Many of the fans are wildly conversing about and cheering on Joshua Acquin.  His name was being spoken above all else, being called the fan favorite of the evening.  Despite not understanding Mandarin, Tim gets the jist of it as he walks outside, the Nobodies all in tow, following closely beind him.  In slow motion, they look from side to side, almost feeling like rock stars as the crowd dramatically goes quiet for a moment, gasping and staring.  Alexis smirks arrogantly as she chuckles in a low tone before looking back over to Tim, who stares ahead with an angry look on his face.  Connor Murphy pulls a cigarette from his shirt pocket, lighting it quickly before placing his Zippo back into his pocket.  He inhales deeply before exhaling, looking out of the corner of his eyes at the fans who all look horrified.  His eyes catch something, but before he can inhale to speak a warning to Tim, a soft drink is thrown right in his face by a fan, who then spits on the ground, muttering something at Tim.  As the cola drips from Tim's stunned face, he is seething.  He tries to come up with words to express his anger before a loud chorus of boos comes over the crowd.  They begin throwing food and paper at all of The Nobodies, so rapidly that they have no choice but to quickly flee the scene.  Tim looks as defenseless as a child of his age should, and it is only now that he is relieved when a few spots of rain begin falling down.  The crowd slowly retreats, thinning out as the rain picks up, washing the cola from his body in the process.  It is now that he looks across the nearby street to see a man in a black hooded jacket standing on an overpass.  He doesn't twitch as he watches the cars fly by below.  Tim can't seem to take his eyes off of the figure, not even realizing that he's quickly approaching them.

Alexis:  Tim?  Tim??

Alexis follows after him, but Tim is in a different sort of trance than previously.  All sound turns into white noise, a light screaming static that barely even registers.  He doesn't notice the car that has come to a halt in front of him, even as the driver shouts out at him.  Alexis shouts at him, trying to get his attention, but it doesn't work.  As she grabs at his arm, he simply jerks it away, crossing in front of another car that barely stops on time.  Before he knows it, he is standing just a few inches behind the man who is standing on the barricade, looking downward, motionless.  Alexis continues to shout at Tim, but to no avail.  There is only one thing that he hears right now, only one voice...

Dong:  You've come for me, Tim?  I knew you would...

Tim takes a deep breath, only God knows what is going through his mind right now.  His mouth opens to speak, but he doesn't say a single word.  He simply lets out a sort of croak in place of words, clearly still trying to convey his thoughts.

Dong:  It's... A-Okay Tim Staggs...  Nobody will miss me.

Tim:  Then why does God weep for you right now?

Dong:  Your God does not weep for me.  You look for signs in nothingness.  Don't worry, I used to also.  It's normal for people who still have things to lose.  This is not me now.

Dong looks back, blood trickling from the corner of his lips.  Tim look confused, because surely the bleeding should have stopped by now?  He pulls a fresh Kleenex from his pocket as he goes to dab the corner of Dong's lip.  Dong turns, allowing the tissue to only graze a rain drop that had found its way to his cheek.

Dong:  I have been biting at the wound for an hour now.  I have been trying to remember how it felt... to be somebody.  For only a second, people knew me.  I was their Pagliacci, but they knew me.

Dong lets out a soft chuckle as he turns back to face the highway below.  It has become clear that he is waiting for a large tractor trailer to come by so that he has the best chance at ending it quickly and precisely.  Luck just isn't on his side at the moment.

Tim:  You are not a joke, Dong.

Dong:  Down to my very birth, with such a name as Dong.  Before I ever failed my parents.  Before I even made a mockery of life.  I was damned from the start.

Alexis:  Tim, we have to go.  He's clearly unstable, and nothing you say is going to stop the weakling from jummm...

Tim:  ALEXIS!!!  Really?!

Dong:  It is okay, Tim.  I accept that I am weak now.  If I were strong, I could have fought this Joshua Acquin off so that you could finish beating me to your content.  Instead, I am here, waiting to finally know... peace.

Alexis folds her arms in front of her chest, looking at Dong with contempt.  She takes a few steps forward, pulling Tim closer to her as she tries to take him away from the suicidal fan.  Tim yanks himself away as he continues to plead with Dong.

Tim:  It's not your fault, Dong.  It's my fault.  I should have kicked his ass myself, chair or no chair.  The fans cheered for him... a man who is disgustingly greedy and prideful.  They thought he was saving you, because they are idiots.

Dong:  I cannot argue this, Tim.  All I can say is that they thought he was saving me, but all he did was shined a light down a path which has led me here.  All I wanted was to belong to something.  Do you know that I had planned to hang myself from my ceiling fan four months ago?

Tim looks confused, and Dong thinks maybe he has his English wrong.  He grabs at an imaginary noose behind him as he pretends to tug on it, sticking his tongue out as he gags.  He then hangs his head for dramatic effect.

Dong:  This is not my first time of being weak.  I was watching Climax Control on my laptop, as it has brought me much joy since I discovered it online.  My mother, the only person who ever made me feel strong, passed away two weeks before.  I lost my childhood home, the only home I've ever known.  The neighboorhood teens delighted in this, vandalizing the front of my home, glad to see me leave.  The homosexual was to leave the neighborhood now, finally.

Dong lets out a fake chuckle as he sniffles.

Dong:  They used to joke that Dong likes dong.  Heh... Shuangguan yu, or double meaning, was never true.  I have never once loved myself.  But this night, I found hope.  This strange looking kid with hair like fire comes onto my computer screen.  I feel like I have known you since we were young, for many... many years.

Alexis:  Okay, this is turning stalker, really fuckin' fast, Tim.  Let's... go!

Dong's lips curl into a smile as he bows his head.  Tim shoots a glare back to Alexis, who over dramatically motions with her head toward Dong, before making fake googly eyes at him.  Tim rolls his eyes and then looks back to Dong.

Dong:  I know we have not, but it felt as if someone finally understood what it was like to be invisible.  The times when this invisible man is seen, he is seen as a punchline to a cruel joke.  You had courage.  I found mine for another week, to see you try again.  As your courage grew, I felt like my hope did as well.  Whether near or far, I felt like I belonged as a Nobody.  When I heard you were coming to Hong Kong, it was my chance... my chance to belong.  Even if Joshua did not interfere, this one makes me feel like I don't belong...

Tim:  Forgive her.  Sometimes she's a bit of a bitch.

Alexis' jaw drops at Tim as she smacks him as hard as she can in his ribs.  He winces in pain, and then holds his hand out, motioning for her to keep listening.  Once he catches his breath, he continues.

Tim:  Sometimes, I can be a monstrous dick faced bastard.  We are human.  This means we are dual-natured.  Of God and of Beast.  In her own way, she's trying to protect a friend who has done the same for her.  That's how we fit together, like a puzzle.  Who ever said that you don't belong with us, too?

Alexis:  Um, Tim?

Dong turns back, a look that hints a bit of surprise.  Tim clinches his right fist as he straightens his arm out.  As he does, the crowbar from earlier falls down his arm, his hand opening to grasp it.  He looks over to Alexis who silently objects.  However, the thought of laying a beat down on someone else did sound pretty appealing, and it would save a life.  She slowly looks over to Dong as she, too, straightens out her arm, allowing an new police baton to slide out.  She fully extends it with a flick of her wrist.  Dong smiles as he slowly steps down.  He bows to Tim, and then to Alexis.  The three of them smile, as the rain continues to fall upon them.  A tear comes to both Tim and Dong's eyes.  Tim almost seems like he regrets the pain he's about to inflict, but the sense of doing it for the greater good takes over as he smiles, stifling his tears.  He cracks Dong across the arm with the crowbar as Alexis lets loose, cracking Dong's ribs.  Together, they beat on him as Dong falls down to his knees.  They don't quite stop, letting Dong curl up into a fetal position on the wet concrete, a soft, soothing smile crossing his face as he accepts the bloody beating with pride...

I AM NOT!!!
#NP "Light Up the Sky" Thousand Foot Krutch
Locale:  Osaka-Itami International Airport; Osaka, Japan

\'user

We work our way through the cabin of a airplane, scanning all across the coach area for a certain Nobody, however, he is nowhere to be found at this time.  On the outside of the plane, the engines are roaring as we soar through the air, approaching Osaka-Itami International Airport.  Switching views back to the inside of the plane, there is a calming tone as a young Japanese stewardess pushes a cart through the curtains to a much nicer first class section.  We can see Tim Staggs sitting with an iPad perched on his lap with Beats headphones covering his ears.  He has two hooded figures sitting next to him, but they appear to be asleep, head to head.  We move around to see Tim watching Witch Hunter Robin very intently.  That is, until the stewardess approaches him, a wide smile on her face.

Stewardess:  Ummm, excuse me but I must ask, you turn off aww erectronics, prease?

Tim:  Erectronics?  What kind of pervert do you think I am, madam?

She looks a little confused as she tilts her head to the side, questioningly.  Before she can ask, a hand reaches from behind and smacks Tim against the back of his head, knocking his headphones the rest of the way off.  He looks back and sneers as he powers down his iPad.

Tim:  What the heck was that for, dad?

As the camera pans backward, we can see Spike Staggs sitting in the seat directly behind him, holding onto baby Kit while Vixen gently rocks Bijou in her seat.  Spike glares at Tim, his piercing icy blue eyes saying more than enough for Tim to get the point.

Spike:  It is rude to make fun of people's speech patterns, especially when you can't be bothered to learn the native tongue.

Stewardess:  Is... okay. S'ank you.

With a smile, the stewardess walks down the aisle, checking others for electronics still going.  Tim continues to glare back at Spike, who only glares back at him.  The two stubborn men engage for several minutes as the plane descends.  Tim shakes his head and turns around, sighing as he crosses his arms over his chest.

Tim:  It's really good to see that you finally give a damn about me, enough to travel across the Pacific Ocean to babysit me...

Spike:  I didn't raise you to become a disrespectful little sh...

Vixen:  Spike?  You can't expect to teach Tim with words, while your actions are so contradicting.

Tim:  What she said...

Tim tilts his head back as if staring through the seat as his father, whose own stare could probably burn through the seat.  They brace themselves as the plane lands, more smoothly than most, but enough to startle the sleeping Nobodies awake.  Several moments of silence goes by as a voice comes over the loud speaker, though Tim doesn't pay any attention.  He grabs his belongings, pulling his bag from the overhead compartment as he slings it over his shoulder.  Without waiting for anyone, he storms off, bumping into people as he pushes past them toward the exit.

Spike:  Tim, wait!

Vixen takes Kit from Spike as he gives an apologetic glance to her, kissing her on the cheek.  He tries to politely rush past people to catch up with Tim, apologizing as he goes.  Running through the tunnel leading to the terminal, he finally catches Tim right before they enter the airport.  He grabs onto his arm, spinning him around.

Tim:  WHAT?!

Spike seems almost taken aback by Tim's shrill voice as Tim glares up just a couple inches into his father's eyes where the size difference isn't quite as big as he'd expected as a father.  Tim's outburst almost seems to strike Spike directly in his heart as he painfully tries to speak for a moment.

Tim:  If you're going to tell me to be more respectful, I got it.  You know I can't resist erection jokes, dad!  But, instead of acting like the stern, structured father that you are NOT, and never have been, why don't you pretend for five fucking minutes that you are a loving one?

Like a slap to the face, Spike can't say a word to this.  Tim almost seems to relish in the fact that he's verbally struck down his father.  However, seconds later, Spike simply brushes past Tim, coming to the doorway.  He pauses, shooting a wicked glare back at Tim before stepping out into the terminal.  Quickly, he is overtaken by the squealing of Japanese girls, and the loud roar of male wrestling fans.  He slips his sunglasses on, living it up like a Hollywood star.  Tim furls his brows as he laughs ruefully.

Tim:  You really are the most sadistic bastard, aren't you?  Worst of all, to your own son, who only ever wanted you approval for the first sixteen years of his life.  Rubbing it in my face that you're an international superstar, and I'm just a Nobody...

Tim watches his father soak in the adoration of the fans like a true rock star, snapping pictures, signing autographs, shaking hands, and fighting off the young girls who would likely drop their panties in a second for him.  It makes him sick to his stomach as he can't even watch it any longer.  He decides to slip out into the crowd while nobody notices so that he can grab his bags and enjoy the nice hotel his father had "treated" him to for the next week and a half.  More like a bribe to straighten up his act, but who's splitting hairs here?  Tim adjusts the strap of his bag as he lowers his head, walking out into the crowd, making sure to sidesteps his father's limelight.

Fan:  Staggs!  It Staggs!

Tim rolls his eyes as if thinking that this man is a little late to the party, giving a glance to his father.  The crowd stops as they see Tim walking as if he were the invisible man.  Spike looks over at Tim, and with a soft smile, he gently jabs the air in Tim's direction in an encouraging manner.  He steps back as the fans all look over at Tim.

Female Fan:  *Squeal* It's... It's...

She faints into her friends as Tim's blood starts to boil.  He clinches his jaw as the crowd comes over toward him, cheering, squealing, and ready to maul him.

Tim:  I'm not...

The girls seem the most ferocious as they charge forward like girls at a One Direction concert.  Eventually the men get their way through the crowd as well.  Their voices are hard to make sense of, until one girl just can't contain it any longer.

Female Fan 2:  It's Tim Staggs!

Tim's face boils red with anger as he throws his bag down to the ground in a fit of rage.  He stomps his foot in a rage as he balls up his fists, and roars.

Tim:  Grrrrrrrr!  I AM NOT...

Suddenly, the realization that they know exactly who he is hits him, and the color drains back from his face as he chuckles nervously.  His father winks as he helps Vixen tend to the babies, while still keeping an eye on his son, but from a distance.

Tim:  Oh, yeah... um, I guess that's me...

Male Fan 2:  He does catchphrase for us!  You funny!  You funny!

A laugh comes over the crowd around him.  He looks like a deer in headlights as he almost seems to study each and every one of their faces.  They are eagerly awaiting something, anything, from the Third Generation star.  He clams up a bit as he tries to think of something, anything.

Tim:  Staggs... Simply Awesome!

The crowd roars in approval, which causes Tim to lighten up slightly.  He turns to look as they expect more, smiling, and doing a dance that makes it seem as if they need to go to the bathroom.  Tim chuckles before placing his fists against his hips in a Superman style pose.

Tim:  The power... of Staggs!

**Squeal, Roar, Applause**

Tim:  Staggs... I'm lovin' it!  Because you're worth it!  Have it your way!  Everything tastes better with Staggs!  Okay, I'm not sure about the last one, but I'm a Staggs, dammit!!!

The adulation is just the ego stroke he thinks he could get used to.  Despite only getting to live the life of a rock star for a week and a half, he intends to use it as fuel, and the determination is in his eyes.  However, he looks over at his dad, and suddenly, all of the bitterness seems to fall away, even if only for a short time.  He sees that look in his father's eyes, the one that he'd wanted all along.  Pride is written all over Spike's face as he watches his son ham it up for the crowd.  He sees that his father isn't here to babysit, or punish him, but to watch him get a taste of fame.  Fame is more addictive than any drug known to man, and in most cases, you don't live afterward.  It is far too easy to overdose on it without realizing, and Spike wanted to gently guide his son through this portion of the business.  However, without much more acknowledgement, Tim goes back to hamming it up, posing for pictures, getting kissed on the side of the face by many of the lovely local girls, and living the dream.  For a moment, he can feel himself smiling genuinely, something he hasn't done in a while.  In the distance, he can almost hear firewords, feeling the reverberation of their explosions...

Dreams in Funimation
#NP "Fukai Mori" by Do As Infinity
Locale:  Undisclosed

The sounds of "Fukai Mori" play in an opening sequence of an adaptation, or rather a dream of the sleeping Tim Staggs.  We focus on a cartoon depiction of Osaka's bustling city, the high rise buldings glowing against a black sky with a cresent moon hanging in the corner.  The vingette switches over to see a very predictable manga style hero with red hair, leaning against a tree in a hooded jacket with a piece of straw between his teeth, staring at the falling cherry blossoms.  He looks menacingly toward the camera, flashing his icy blue eyes before darkness phases him out.  We look at what appears to be animated shots depicting the Futile Era of Japan, with a peaceful spirit floating through the air.  Running very quickly below it is the red haired hero, leaving a white cloud of dust in his wake.  We switch once more to show the hero sitting on the edge of a cliff, looking out into the sea as the grass sways gently aground him, the light of the sun glistening off of his porcelain skin, as inexplicably, more cherry blossoms fall around him.  Japanese characters appear on the screen, apparently credits for the anime we are about to witness...

\'user

The soft sound of a reeds whistling gently bring us in as we look over the misty horizon of a very peaceful and serene valley overlooking a babbling brook, with trees scattered amidst the hills.  They sway gently in the breeze as we look around, focusing on a few doves flying gracefully through the sky, and into the rising sun.  Just then, the startling music lets us know that something big is about to happen.  Sure enough, we pan away from the valley and toward a Futile Era village with dust streets.  Coming out of the city is our redheaded anti-hero, wearing his hooded jacket which depicts the phrase "#Nobodies" across the front.  His teeth are gritted, but he is not alone.  A brunette man is funning just as fast as Tim, with a bow and arrow on his back, a cigarette in his mouth, and a glass of liquor in his hand, yet he doesn't spill a drop.

Tim:  You couldn't leave that behind, ya lughead?!

Connor:  One must never waste good liquor, me boyo.

\'user

Tim grits his teeth as he swings his fist out toward Connor, and the screen is taken over by stars, birds tweeting and flying around, and a lump the size of a carrot on the side of Connor's head.  Both men stop, now about a mile outside of the town.  Tim breathes heavily as his eyes turn to narrow white lines with a single tiny black dot in the middle for pupils as he is seething unreasonably.  Connor's eyes become shrouded by a dark black shadow as he, too, is seething.

Connor:  What'd ya do that for?!

Tim:  We're running for our lives, and you're worried about keeping your blood alcohol level higher than a barrel in a sake distillery!

Connor:  At least tell me you got "it", or I'll make this bump on my head look like nothing!

Tim's eyes sink as he tries not to stare at Connor.  Connor's body begins jerking as steam flies out of his ears.  He's levitating in anger as he growls and contorts his body wildly.  However, the boyish laughter of Tim causes him to pause, mid air, in an upside down hand stand position.  Tim holds a small canister out in front of Connor, who quickly flips back to a normal position, playing it off as if nothing had happened.  After he's straightened out his own hooded jacket, he snatches the canister from out of Tim's hand, opening it.  As he does, a yellow glow comes out from the canister along with a scroll.  Connor's eyes light up as he lets out a joyous laugh.  He grabs onto the sides of Tim's head and plants a huge kiss on him before smacking his cheeks.

Connor:  You did it!  You really did it, boyo! Ha HA!

Tim tries to catch a glimpse of the scroll, but Connor reaches his hand back, holding Tim back as he reads it.  Tim's body jerks as he lets a line of steam come from under his feet with the force he's using to try to get a closer glimpse.

Connor:  For he who is unknown, there is but one secret to learn.

Tim:  I... wanna... KNOW!

Connor:  Will ya hold on, I'm trying to read it so I can tell you, dammit!

Tim:  I am hurt by your random cursing which serves no true purpose!  And, I wanna see it with my own eyes!

Connor clinches the cigarette between his teeth on the butt of his cigarette as his eyes leave the scroll for one second.  He looks back at Tim, impatience clearly scrolled across his face.

Connor:  Wait your turn, squirt!  "There is no easy way, for fame is a heavy weight to bare.  One must be strong, conquer the mightiest of foes, and bare the scars of battle, for it is the one true way to earn respect."  Oh, this is shite!  I coulda told ya that!!!

Tim:  Despite being only inches behind you, I can't read anything on that scroll except the few words that follow, which you stopped reading for no apparent reason!  Next, it says "But, there is another way..."  Unfortunately, it is all I can read, or else I would continue reading, ass shit!

Connor:  It's meant for us to break up our dialogue so that the scene doesn't seem so one sided, even though this is clearly supposed to be all about you.  Now that I've wasted enough time with banter, I will continue on with this life altering revelation that I'm unsure why we've stopped to horse around when we posses.... GASP!

The urgent music returns as Tim and Connor both look shocked and scared at the same time.  They hug onto each other, shaking and whining as an unknown flying beast is clearly flying directly at them.  The urgent music now also has a tone of a sinister nature as the beast extends it's reddish orange claws out toward the outstretched scroll.

Tim:  Shit damn, Connor!  Pull it back in so the flying beast doesn't get it!

Connor:  But then we don't have a story, me boyo, and then this was all for nothing!

Tim:  DAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMN!

With a burst of light, the roaring beast captures the scroll, and with a visible forcefield, knocks Tim across the clearing, while Connor inexplicably disappears.  Tim groans dramatically as he slowly gets back up to his feet.  He dusts himself off as he looks up at the beast which is eclipsing his view of the moon.  He grits his teeth as he looks up at the sky.  He is also inexplicably naked now, though his body looks about as anatomically correct as a lanky Ken doll.  He falls down to his knees as he shakes his fists at the sky.

Tim:  Why did we have to playfully banter?!?!  Now, I must go gather herbs to cure my invisible burn marks from the dragon beast known as Ramone!

After a short blackness overtakes the screen, we can now see Tim walking through a wooded area, now wearing a black tank top and baggy black parachute pants.  His hair is still perfectly shaped to his head, so the ridiculousness of his clothing doesn't matter any longer.  He looks around at the trees as he groans in pain.  He has an inner monologue.

"So many people are probably confused at what is going on here.  I am Tim Staggs, and I am a Nobody who has been hurled back in time to the Futile Era of Japan to discover the secret to success.  I discovered the location of the secret, and me and my friends decided to take it and enact the scrolls mystical powers to gain everything we've ever wanted.  Ungh..."

With Tim's grunting, he know he is in pain.  He sinks to one knee, leaning against a tree for support.  He grits his teeth, all while trying to remain a strong character.

"Since we've already seen Alexis in this promo, she is somewhere else which is irrelevent to this story.  Perhaps waiting for us on the other side of town to read the scroll with us.  Wow, she's going to be really disappointed.  And now, the blast from Ramone must have temporarily sent Connor to another dimension, or some other nonsensical explanation of why I must be alone now.  Damn it!"

Tim's eyes show the immense pain he is in as they sparkle and shake.  However, he suddenly spots a small flowering plant growing by the base of the tree.

"Huh?  Wood sage... just the plant I need to help me heal my wounds."

Tim picks the flowering plant from its roots.  The sound of wind chimes takes over all other sound as he gently places it against his arms.  With a small flash of light, the plant begins to work its magic, curing the unseen wounds.

"Now is the time in which I will tell you my mission.  I must find the beast, Ramone, and I must get that scroll from him.  In doing so, I will be reunited with my friends, and we will learn the secret.  But, I imagine it won't be easy to find this beast.  I'm clearly going to need help..."

The music becomes dramatic once more as Tim collapses under the tree, healed, but worn out from the blow he'd received.  He moans before eventually his eyes close, and he is left in the woods with nothing but the many creatures watching him from the trees menacingly.

Now, the sun has risen, and Tim is on his way toward the clearing.  He is still weak, but the pain is subsided.  He walks down the hill toward a red house with black shutters.  He walks up the wooden steps toward the rice paper door.  As he approaches it, he hears a twig snap behind him.  His eyes widen and his mouth opens in shock.  He lets out an urgent cry, ready to defend himself as he turns around, though he is clearly not prepared for any type of battle.  As he turns around, he sees a man with stylishly spiked black hair, and eyes much like his own.  On his back, he has a large black and red canister, much like a larger version of the one he'd seen earlier.

\'user

Spike:  Excuse me, child, but is there some reason you have approached my house during my short absence?

Tim:  Yes, sir, I felt as if it were my destiny to arrive here.  Destiny is a huge thing in my life right now, as I am a teenage boy seeking to forge my life with empty ambitions.

Spike:  *Chuckles*  I was once the same.  I used to believe the world owed me for everything.  I learned over the years that it owes you nothing.  It is your responsibility to forge your own path.  Have you ever forged a path before?

Tim grins as he rubs the back of his head, letting us all know that the answer is a resounding "no"  Spike laughs and picks up two shovels.  He hands one to Tim, while keeping the other for himself.

Spike  Come.  I will show you how to forge a path.  You must dig into the Earth, peeling back pieces of the land in hard, tedious labor.  It helps to build character, and it shows others a new way to reach their destinations.  I do hope I am not using literal terms too broadly for you to understand how they apply to your own situation.

Tim:  Damn it!

Spike lifts an eyebrow at Tim for his random outburst, as he takes one last drag from his cigarette.  He places the shovel into the ground, digging into the earth as he begins to help forge this path.

Tim:  This seems like a lot of hard work, and I don't feel anything should be this hard.  I think that most people of another lifetime have it right when they expect everything to be handed to them.  It seems easier to wait and blame a higher power for not delivering.

Spike:  I imagine in such a time, the poor will eat like kings, and the rich will not have to pay high taxes, keeping the middle class men and women starving and working themselves to the bone to support a failing government.  This is not the way the world should work, and clearly civilization will collapse if we all sit and wait for things to happen.  No, you must go out and MAKE them happen.  Starting by forging a path to anywhere you want to go...

Tim growls, but lays the shovel into the ground, digging up the grass to help forge the path.  They continue on as Tim remains silent.  Spike looks over at Tim with a proud smile on his face, having taught a young person a valuable life lesson.  As they keep going, they find their way back into the woods.

Tim:  I have decided that I want to forge a path that leads me to the beast dragon demon creature who stole the scroll with the Secrets of Success from me and my friend Connor.

Spike:  In this time, there are many beast dragon demon creatuers.  And creature demon dragon beasts.  And demon creature beast dragons... It's really a crazy time.  You're going to have to be more specific, for maybe I've dealt with such a beast in my time.

Tim:  I don't know how I know this, but his name is Ramone.

We get a close up on Spike's face as if he's just seen the face of death, and it is coming right at him.  He gasps loudly, which is the only thing that draws Tim's attention.  Tim steps on his shovel and looks over at Spike.

Tim:  Something tells me that you might know him based on your reaction.  However, I am much more sure of his name, which I was never told and just inexplicably knew.  Do you know, Ramone?

Spike bows his head as a raindrop appears on his forehead.  Shame is clearly written on his face.

Spike:  I do not know him well.  I knew the man he was before he was the beast dragon demon creature that he is today... Steve...  I was the man who took him into my tribe, with the others such as Jessie Salco, Vixen, Giani Di Luca, Misty, Ben Jordan, Casey Williams, Mickey Carroll, Odette Ryder, Connor Murphy, who is apparently your missing friend...

Tim:  Ignoring the fact that you know Connor, I must find out more about this... Steve...

Spike:  Steve was a man with so much promise.  He had energy, and a sense of what was right and wrong.  He was a promising young man at one point.  He knew frustration well, as he found himself on the losing end of many battles.  It was not from a lack of spirit, but from a lack of determination.  He needed something to push him further.  Instead, he seemed to hang out with this Jessie Salco for no apparent reason, and relied on her to help push him higher, rather than his mentor.  My tribe found ways of doing this, having civil wars, members leaving... we just fell apart.  I felt maybe I was not the chief they needed, so I took my leave and found my way to isolation with my family.

Tim nods his head as he listens carefully.  Spike looks off into the sky as we see the image of this beast breathing fire upon men and women of this decaying tribe of misfits.  We see him slowly turn from a man, into a full blown beast right before our very eyes, before returning back to the immediate story.  They have dug through the woods and toward a clearing of charred buildings, skeletons of the past, and a backdrop that looks much like where Tim has started, overlooking a valley.  Only now, it is day time, casting a glimmer of hope into Tim's eyes, despite the damaged ruins of the village dwellings.

Tim:  It's so sad to imagine that these streets were once filled with hope, and now they are only filled with dead memories.  The burn marks also indicate that Ramone is here!  But, I feel ill prepared for him.

Spike:  Then perhaps you need a sword.  But not just any sword.  The sword used to slay many dragon beast demon creatures or whatever, such as Nick Jones, Sean Jackson, Casey Williams, and many other deplorable creatues.

Tim:  No, that sword is a myth.  It hasn't existed since... since my father slayed such beasts...

Spike reaches back, slowly removing the canister from his back.  Such a small canister surely couldn't hold such a large sword.  This man must be crazy.  However, once he peels back an incantation seal, the top comes off with ease.  Spike pulls out a large sword from the canister, causing Tim's eyes to sparkle in wonderment.

"What?  How?  There's no way this man could have this powerful sword.  It's impossible.  My father created the Sword of Wisdom, and it disappeared when he did, which was a long time ago...  Damn it!"

Tim:  Where did you get that?  What have you done to my father?!?!

Tim growls as he raises the shovel high in the air, charging with a white streak of dust behind him as he runs up on the man.  He goes to strike, but the man gently sidesteps, neutralizing him with neutral jin.  He repeats this after seven more attempts until Tim stops, huffing and puffing wildly.  Spike gently hands the sword over to Tim, bowing his head in shame once more.  Tim takes the sword and unsheathes is, ready to strike down the man.

Spike:  Please do it.  I deserve to meet my demise.  I have not been the best person, and now I find myself a lonely miser who lives in obscurity.  Do as you feel you must.

Tim:  Heh... you're not good enough to meet your end by my father's Sword of Wisdom.  Your blood would only sully it!  You're pathetic.  I don't need you to teach my any more pointless life lessons now that I've found Ramone's lair.

Spike lets out a visible sigh, as a slow whirl of wind appears from his lips.  Tim seems distraught as he sheathes the sword once more.  He attaches it to his back as he starts to walk away from Spike, clearly on a mission.  Spike watches, contemplating something.  Finally he sighs once more and gives in.

Spike:  To answer your inner monologue as well as what you said out loud, I have your father's sword, because... I am your father, Tim.

Tim looks surprised as he stops.  His lips purse together as his eyes widen.  He places his hand to his head as he turns around to see Spike staring hopefully at him.

Tim:  Wow... what a revelation!!!

Tim exclaims this with much zeal.  However, he has a mission to complete, and this mission was not going to wait for anyone.  Determination is written all across Tim's face as an almost possessed expression forms.  Tim pulls out the crystal jewel spikes from inside his shirt, ready to face the beast known as Ramone.

\'user

As he walks toward the other end of the town, looking for Ramone, he begins shouting to draw the beast out of hiding.

Tim:  Ramone!  Ramone, I know you can hear me!  Come out here you coward!  Oh, right, I forgot... you're no good without surprise attacks and bullying from your friends.  You are all bark, just like a mutt bitch!  You could never stand a chance against me without your muscle backing you up.  I've heard the legends of Cyrus King and Andreas Bergfalk.  Unbeknownst to the viewers, I've faced off with Andreas in another dimension.  Though my attempts to overcome him were futile, I've learned and grown much.

Tim walks around the corner of the last building in the village, hoping to see the creature waiting for battle, but he is nowhere to be found.  Only the devastation of his fury left in his wake.  Tim can feel it deep inside as he looks around, Ramone is here...

Tim:  I have my own muscle, but I'm willing to leave them aside if you are willing to leave yours aside.  We can battle like men, instead of cowards.  I know that's a stretch for you, Ramone, but I've done plenty of that lately.  I still remember our encounter in front of Priest Christian and my uncle, Mage Erik.  I remember how you cast your spell of invisibility on me, leaving me without a chance.  I carried that with me up until a few weeks ago, when I found that the answer to my problems was within me all along.  Heh, it turned out great for me, but it's not going to turn out so swell for you, Ramone!  Don't you hear me, you bitch?!  I'm right here!  Or, perhaps you need more coaxing.

Tim sneers, hoping that this might catch the attention of his foe.  He looks around, scoffing and shaking his head.

Tim:  I'm sure you want some sort of payback.  I mean, I used your own blood to break this spell of invisibility that you cast upon me.  But, you remember that, don't you?  I carved it from your very own flesh.  I carved it from the flesh of your demon beast friend, Acquin.  I smeared it across my flesh, and from that moment on, I was seen.  No longer can the unjust stand in front of me, clocking me from seeing glory.  You certainly won't.  For, I know once we are finished with our battle, there will be many others like you.  Others who wish to stop me from becoming the brightest star in the sky.  I accept this fate of belaborment, but don't you think for one second that I'm going to sit here and wait for my time to shine.  I'm going to use your raw, bloody back as a stepping stone, Ramone!  I'm going to step across it to the raw, bloody back of Acquin.  Then, to any other filthy dragon demon beast who stands in my way!  Damn it, Ramone, I know you can hear me!  I can smell the decaying flesh from your back all the way over here!  Come out and face me!  For once in your life, grow some damn balls!

Tim turns around, unsheathing his sword as he hears a dark, sinister chuckle.  However, when he turns around, he sees nothing.  He holds the sword tightly in his hands as he glares at the empty space in front of him.  Once more, he hears the chuckle, and he turns to his left, finding nothing once more.

Tim:  Ass!  Be a man, Ramone.  I'm ready for you to give me everything you've got.  I want to break you this time.  I want to destroy you, so that the Scroll of the Secret of Success will wreak of your blood when I bring it back to share with my friends!  I won't settle for a small puddle of blood this time, Ramone.  I want to smear your blood across the sacred grounds of Osaka!  I want to stain the fields red.  I want to paint the walls crimson.  I want all of Japan, no, all of the WORLD to know that Ramone is no longer a pest!  I want them to revere me.  I want them to call me the man who slayed Ramone, and his legacy.  Your mind games won't work on me either, Ramone, because you're too stupid.  You couldn't play mind games with a retarded, one legged crane because even it could outsmart you.  I say, come out and face me on this Sunday evening!!!  Damn it!

Tim hears the chuckling once more and he tunrs around, expecting to see the dragon beast.  However, he is surprised to see something far more sinister...

\'user

"*GASP!*  Whuh... what is this?!  That couldn't be..."

Tim:  RAAAAAAAAAMOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!

As demon Ramone holds up a microphone, ready to enact his spell of hypnosis on Tim, Tim pulls out the Sword of Wisdom, holding it up as the waves of vertigo rapidly travel at him.  He lets out a cry for help, but it is all for naught... until the sword stays off the vicious attack!  Tim sits there cowering as demon Ramone looks stunned, growling in anger at his failed attempt.

Demon Ramone:  I don't understand.  My powers of persuasion work on everybody.  How... how are you still standing?  That must be the Sword of Wisdom!

Tim:  You're damn ass right it is!  Now prepare to taste it as I shove it down your throat!  Heeee-yahhhhhhhhhhh!

As Tim charges forward, he holds his sword up, tripling in size as he prepares to strike at Ramone...

To Be Continued...

The epic music plays as the narrator of the story speaks in a more urgent tone.

Narrator:  Our hero of The Nobodies, Tim Staggs, has found himself in the Futile Era of Japan!!!  He, like, lost some scroll or whatever, to the evil demon dragon creature beast thingie!  This scroll held some important message, and Tim must defeat Ramone in order to finish paving his path with his father, Spike!  Will he destroy Ramone, leaving the creature broken and battered, or will this creature end our hero once and for all?  Our hero must win!  Tune in next time to see the epic conclusion of this battle on... Climax Control!

\'user

We slowly focus on the image of the Narrator, as she holds a finger to her lips mysteriously, for a moment before we fade out... TO BLACK!