Author Topic: Another Way To Die  (Read 831 times)

Offline Staggs

• -={NXT}=-
    • View Profile
    • Spike Staggs
Another Way To Die
« on: January 05, 2013, 08:59:06 PM »

Being an icon in this business isn’t easy.  The fact that I tried my best not to reach the top, and still stand at the top of the hill is a testament to that.  No matter what I did, I couldn’t stand watching Nick Jones parade around here as an artificial champion any longer.  Had it not been for my own personal vendetta against Mark Ward, I probably wouldn’t have gone anywhere near this belt.  But the fact remains that I did.  I am the champion, and it is worth every second of it just to watch Mark squirm and find ways to strip me of this belt.  Since he can’t, he’s trying to find ways to make my life and my table mates lives a living hell.

Call me paranoid… truthfully it wouldn’t be the first, or hundredth, time I’ve heard it… but I honestly see cracks in the foundation.  I see the way they look in the other direction when I walk into the rom.  I see the way their eyes wander, avoiding contact with mine.  I feel on edge around my own people lately.  I have sank everything into pushing those around me to their best, but where am I?  I am sitting in a room, in front of a computer, by myself.  Where is my support?  Where are they when I need someone?  My brothers have forsaken me.  My friends have abandoned me.  Yet, we are supposed to go into this match with trust.  How can I trust when every ounce of trust I have given away has been betrayed?  I feel three knives in my back, like a premonition, or even déjà vu.

It is bad enough that I have people I can’t trust backing me up, but I’ve also got four people trying to bury the hatchet… right in my fucking chest.  Either way, I’m dead. I’m a dead man, and there is nothing I can do about it.  I can grin and bare it, or I can let myself get a little mental and take them all out kamikaze style… Yeah. Heh, that’s what I’m going to do.  Like Neil Young said, it is better to burn out that to fade away…  I am making it my New Years Resolution to leave a burn mark in that ring on January 13th.

\'user

Spike Staggs is seen sitting in the corner of a dimly lit hotel room, surrounded by candles.  He is sporting a different hairstyle than usual, having his raven black hair slicked back pin-up boy style.  In his hand is a wine glass, but the dark amber colored content says it is anything but wine.  He sips off of it as he gets up from the white plush bed and walks across the rather spacious hotel room, finding more and more candles along the way.  He sheds the white terry cloth bath robe, revealing a rather interesting choice of black lycra undergarments, contouring his bikini region, leaving nothing to the imagination.  He walks over to a hot tub sitting down in the floor and he waits patiently, leaning up against a steel pole.  A single silver chain with angel wings, matching the ones tattooed on his back, dangles from his neck.  Almost as if it were on cue, the door slowly opens.  A ray of bright florescent white light shines in from the hallway, and Vixen stands in the doorway, nearly stunned.  She drops a bucket of ice all over the floor, catching it before the bucket hits the floor.  She looks up at Spike as he smiles back at her.  A grin slowly takes over her face as she places one foot in front of the other, playing coy.  It is easily distinguished that it is just an act as she walks closer.  Spike presses a button on the floor and “Lover’s End” by The Birthday Massacre begins playing over the speakers.  The haunting music is accented as Spike leans against the pole.  He lowers down to the ground as he pushes his hips forward.  He comes down to his knees, lifting his head up and closing his eyes.  He moves up and down against the pole as Vixen pulls a piece of ice out of the bucket.  She places it between her teeth as she continues toward Spike.  He leans down on all fours and crawls across the floor toward her.  He tilts his head back up and she leans down, pressing her cold lips against his.  Their lips intertwine with passion until Spike rolls her up in what almost appears to be a pin attempt, but instead, he rolls her, fully clothed, into the hot tub.  The water and red rose petals splash up as he smirks.  She comes up from the water, looking completely surprised as he slowly steps in.  Standing on the seat, he continues to slowly grind and gyrate to the music.  She whips her hair out of her face, wanting to be mad at him, but she can’t seem to find it in her to scold him.  He steps down and runs his hand down over his lips, to his chin.  He moves down his neck, chest, and stomach, stopping just at the elastic band around his waist, tempting her.  Instead, he gives her his hand.  As she takes it, she sweeps him off of his feet and face first into the water as abruptly as he had down to her.  She pulls herself up onto one of the seats and then waits to watch him rise up in surprise.  Instead, she watches as he stalks her like a shark.  She jolts as he grabs onto her legs, slithering up her body like a snake.  The rose petals slide down his back, sticking to his skin as he lashes his lips against hers.  She grips onto the back of his neck as he leans over her.  Her crimson nails claw at his back as the faintest of moans escapes their lips simultaneously.  She turns her head to the side and Spike ravages her neck, flicking his tongue and lips over it in melodic succession.  He finally works his way back to her lips, this time holding onto a single kiss as their eyes lock.  He arches his back as her chest heaves in the water.  He sighs as he releases the kiss, his eyes dancing within hers.  Hs shallow breaths fall to a quiver as he slowly strokes his lips with his tongue.  Her cheeks are flushed as she looks up into his eyes, the thrill being almost too much for her to control.

Vixen:  Oh Spike… Spike…

His hands caress her shoulders as he moves behind her.  She leans up to sit on his lap, turning around to face him.  She quivers in his arms as she continues looking ino his eyes.

Vixen:  You make it so hard to be mad.  Those lips are… addictive.

She leans in, kissing him once more as she runs her hand over his glistening wet chest and he reaches around, caressing the small of her back.  She pulls off her camouflage print shirt, tossing the soaking wet garment over the edge of the tub.  Her white lace bra leaves little to the imagination in this soaking wet state.  She presses against him, stroking the side of his face.  He reaches up and moves her hair behind her ears, pressing his lips against the lobe, flicking his tongue against it.

Spike:  And you make it so hard not to push you into a hot tub, because… let’s face it.  If SCW hosted a wet t-shirt contest, you would win, but my hsnds would not be down.

Vixen looks at Spike, an eyebrow raised in curiosity.

Vixen:  So that is all this is?

Her French-Canadian accent shines through heavily now as she looks deep into his eyes.  It is hard to tell if she is being serious or joking around, but the thought makes Spike’s eyes widen in concern.  He leans up, and looks deep into her eyes.

Spike:  Of course not.  I just can’t help that I enjoy the bonus package that came along with the rest of it.  I have to say that looking into your eyes, feeling your lips against mine, and hearing your voice are my favorite benefits.

Vixen:  Ah, a Casanova, I see…

Spike smirks, letting out a chuckle as he looks into her eyes, running his fingers through her hair.

Spike:  Hey, I’m just being honest.  Besides, aren’t you only with me because I’m a decorated Heavyweight champion?

Vixen:  Basically, yeah…

She smirks and leans down to kiss his lips when he dumps her back into the water.  She splashes up, sending water all over Spike in the process and then she sends one last giant wave into his face.  He sends one back at her and chuckles.

Spike:  I see how it is, Vix…  If I say I’m only after your body, you get mad, but you’re only in it because of my accolades, and…

Vixen:  You know I was joking.  Now shut up and kiss me.

Spike:  Awww… again?!?

Vixen digs her nails into the side of Spike’s face playfully and her tongue runs over his lips before her lips meet his once more in a seemingly never-ending battle.  As their necks twist in synchronization, Spike withdraws, a wide smile coming over his face.

Spike  Let’s just run away.

Vixen looks at him curiously, trying to figure out what he means.  He looks into her eyes eagerly as he is waiting for an answer.  She removes her hand from his face, placing it on his shoulder.

Vixen:  What do you mean?

Spike:  I mean just that.  Let’s just go to Mexico or something.  Leave all of this bullshit and politics behind us… Start over new…

Vixen:  You know we can’t do that, baby.  You are the Heavyweight Champion, and you’ve worked so hard to get where you are.

Spike:  No I didn’t.  I didn’t even want the belt, other than to watch Mark shit himself every time I walk out of the ring with the belt around my waist.  Besides, he wants to see me lose the belt, and I’m tired of watching everyone around me get hurt because we are trapped in a never ending pissing match.  If I’m gone, no one will be hurt on my account.

Vixen lifts Spike’s chin up to cheer him up.  However, the look on his face is the most serene it has been in a while.  He has a joyous smile spread across his face.

Vixen:  You are a fighter, Spike.  No matter what, you always go against the odds to do what is right.  You are a stand up guy and that is why I fell for you.  How would NXT feel if you just abandoned them when everyone is trying to fill their heads with silly lies about how useless we all are?  You aren’t the kind of guy who betrays…

Spike:  I know I haven’t told you much of my past, but I have done my fair share of that in the wrestling world.  Besides, I se the way they look at me. Half of them are trying to see what they can get out of me before they turn on me like Jordan, Misty, and several others did before even joining NXT.  Why not save them the trouble?  Toss the belt to them so they can fight over it like the rest of the SCW mangy dogs like it were a piece of raw meat?  Let them at it while we live the high life, waking up every morning to a white sand beach view.

Vixen:  It sounds good in theory, Spike, but do you really think so terribly of those who you’ve surrounded yourself with?  What about Jessie?  She has done nothing but back you up and fight for the cause.  And Odette shamelessly promotes us.  Your own brother has suffered many beatings for us.  I sense separate agendas in the group, but do you really think it is fair to turn on all of them, especially with the big stable wars match coming up?

Spike:  I fully intend o walking out as the winner there, but I feel it in my bones.  I feel the whispers and the hungry stares digging into me.  And where are they when I needed a friend?  I have been there as much as possible, yet when I need it, I’m alone.

Vixen clutches onto his face, making him look directly into her eyes.  He tries to resist, but he knows it is futile.  Instead, he gives in, getting lost n her eyes as she had expected.  His lips part to say something, but she slowly shakes her head, placing a finger to his lips to quiet him.  He takes a deep breath and places his head against her chest as the scene fades out momentarily.

Several hours later

”There is that one moment where… everything just makes sense.”

A flash of white signifies the epiphany as Spike’s eyes dilate.  The light is almost blinding, making his icy blue eyes almost seem to glow as the blackness fights off his irises.  He takes in a deep breath as he looks around him.  He is I the middle of a sea of white comforters, sheets, and pillows that almost seems to go on for miles.  He stretches out his arms as he clinches his eyes closed.  With a yawn that shakes us like an earthquake, he scoots up in the bed.  He looks to either side of him, seeing no one is there.  A smile comes over his face, despite the obvious euphemism for his loneliness.

”Everything just becomes so clear.  Even when things are whirling around m like a suffocating cloud of smog, I am seeing things for what they truly are.  I look around me, and I see nothing but the impending doom.  Death and rebirth.”

Spike pulls the blankets off of himself, tossing them to the side as he tries his hardest to find the edge of the bed.  He is wearing nothing but a pair of white trunk style underwear.  Once he realizes there is no edge in sight, he brings himself up to his feet.  As he stretches out his back, he can feel the wind whipping against his face.  The sun shines brightly upon his back as he turns away from the light.  After all, what kind of idiot walks toward the light?  As he does, a few new additions can be seen upon his back, a set of angel wings tattooed onto his back, reaching from his shoulders down to the small of his back.  His feet sink into the covers as he wanders around aimlessly.

”Nothing is meant to live forever, but I’m not ready to die.  I still have so much to accomplish in life.  However, I feel as if the executioner is hot on my tail around every turn.  Even before I had the Heavyweight Championship, or the NWA World Heavyweight Championship for that matter, I was being chased by one person or another.  This is only different because I have built up a lot more resentment along the way.  I feel like I have completely lost my grip.  My grip on reality and my grip on everything that was once sacred to me, such as my friends and family.”

Spike walks past the mounds of fluffy sheets and pillows that is nearly three times as tall as he is, continuing his journey that seems practically pointless anymore.  He stretches out his arms for a moment, flexing his back muscles which cause his wings to appear as if they were fluttering.  He places his hands on the side of his head, blocking out the lack of noise by listening to his own steady heartbeat and deep, steady breaths.

”I look around me, and my friends seem to be only in my head.  I see distance between many and myself, but perhaps it is my own defenses that are trying to put a distance there.  My Christmas present was the aunt of my children ‘suggesting’ I take a ‘break’ from being a father.  By suggesting, I mean threatening to bring doctors and lawyers into the picture, and by a break, I mean an undefined amount of time so I can get ‘better’.  And by better, I mean… Well, you get the picture.  I have been left alone with only my thoughts, and that is a rather dangerous thing…”

Spike slowly turns around, looking toward the light for just a moment.  As serene as he should feel in this scenario, he shudders.  If he could, he would flap his wings and fly off into the distance, but there is no use in running.  Dust to dust.  Spike watches as the light slowly approaches him.  That wind send another round of chills down his spine as he walks back to the mound.  He slowly ascends it, taking the time to carefully place his feet to help steady himself.  Once he is at the top, he sits down, resting his knees against his chest, watching the light more forward.

”Even though I am at the top of my region, in the spot where so many men fight to get, I feel like I have got nothing left to lose.  I have nothing stopping me from leaping over the edge, taking out whoever I can on my way back to the bottom.  As a matter of fact, the thought of doing so excites me to no end.  I have Vixen, and my own (in)sanity.  Nothing more, and nothing less.”

Spike opens his eyes watching as the light circles past his head.  He feels a hand resting upon his shoulder, but it doesn’t startle him in the least.  He reaches back, grabbing hold of the tiny hand of the boy in his tattoo.  The boy rubs on Spike’s shoulder, standing there in silence for the longest.  Spike takes a deep breath as he watches the light pass him by.

Spike:  I’ve missed you my angel.  Just like everyone else besides Vixen, you haven’t been around.  I have come to look for you every night, and all I find is emptiness.  Not happiness, sorrow, joy, or solace, but simply nothing.

Boy:  Enjoy the feeling.  It won’t last for very long at all.  Find peace in it.

Spike:  I just don’t want to be alone.  Not again.

The boy moves around to face Spike on the top of the cloudy white mound.  His bare feet leave prints like snow as he kneels down in front of Spike.  The light reflects off of his white garb.

Boy:  You will never be alone.  Your enemies are too great, and your love is too strong.  I still see the fight in your eyes, heir Spike, and it is strong.

Spike nods his head as his eyes look up at the boy.  Spike’s eyes widen in horror as the boy is bloodied and battered.  Blood spills out from his mouth and his tear ducts.  The blood begins staining the white garb as Spike crawls back slightly.  He can’t peel his eyes from the piece of rib protruding from the boy’s chest.  Spike instinctively reaches out, scooping the boy up.

Spike:  God no!!!  Oh dear lord, please!

Boy:  As I am your creation, the truth is rightfully yours.  They all know it, but it is beyond my control.  I have been dying for you to know the truth.  I want to see you…

Spike looks down, seeing a pile of crimson goo in his lap.  He lifts his fingers up, on the verge of vomiting as the stringy pile falls from them, leaving a stain on his hands and arms.

Boy:  You have something to focus on.  Make sure you are ready for your match, because New Years Rising will be a very trying day for you.  Mark, Nick, Jordan, Tom, and Goth won’t be prepared for the monster they will meet inside of that cage.  Everything happens for a reason…

Spike looks around, hearing the words echo in his ears.  He is on the verge of tears as he tries to find the source.  He lets out a shout of sorrow and frustration.  The shrill, raspy noise echoes off of all of the cloudy blanket mounds as he turns around frantically.  He tries his best to find an answer until he feels a pair of hands smacking against his shoulders.  His eyes shoot open to find Vixen shaking him wildly with a look of concern on her face.  Spike looks around, seeing the sun shining through the window, reflecting off of the white comforter and pillows.

Vixen:  Spike?  Spike!  Are you okay?

Spike reaches over for the glass of water on the nightstand.  He drinks away at it, gulping it down as he quickly nods his head.

Spike:  Yeah… It was just a… ummm… nightmare.  I’m okay…

Spike still looks confused as his eyes search the room for some sort of clue, but he finds nothing.  He tries to catch his breath as the scene fads out… TO BLACK!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKpqQCrg4w8 – Prologue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKws_YVjiBs – Scene One

OOC:  Sorry for the shortness of this RP.  It has been a long week, lots of things going on, but I wanted to make sure to get something up for me team.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 09:00:03 PM by Spike Staggs »