Author Topic: MAC BANE (c) v MICHAEL HARRIS - World Heavyweight Title  (Read 4389 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
MAC BANE (c) v MICHAEL HARRIS - World Heavyweight Title
« on: February 27, 2023, 02:46:27 PM »
Post your roleplays here by deadline. Good luck and have fun!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Michael Harris

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
Deal With The Devil [Blaze of Glory #1]
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 09:56:24 PM »

| Out Of Character | For the first time since coming back, this didn’t feel forced. Everything flowed well together. Took some chances with a few ideas, but overall I’m happy with RP #1. Google docs has this at 6853 words. All the best dude.

Date: February 26th, 2023
Time: 10:45 PM

What a fuckin’ night!

Those words were shouted at the top of the lungs by a very familiar sounding voice. It turned out that voice happened to belong to “The Icon” himself, Michael Harris. A man that was fresh off a win a little earlier in the night. Both of his arms were wrapped around the waists of his wives Blair and Carmen. All while the personal limo driver of the trio was following behind them carrying their bags. Harris had such a smirk on his face as it was clear he was very much happy with how the night had gone. Even if it meant that everyone else in their seats earlier in the night hadn’t been happy with what took place.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
That dude is a certified fucking idiot. He never saw it coming!

He couldn’t contain the little laughter that was coming out of his mouth at that moment.

The Spiciest Woman Alive
CARMENRIVERA-HARRIS
Baby, I am not so sure why you are so surprised. Half of this roster doesn’t have a single brain cell in their heads. Of course he didn’t see it coming.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Right? Every single week we continue to outsmart them. Every week we continue to come out on top. Every single week we stand tall and no one seems to get it. They keep coming just to get knocked right back down.

The Greatest Export
BLAIRDUCHARME-HARRIS
Imbeciles never learn their lesson. That is why our world’s population continues to suffer. More and more ignorant people are born each day. Further ruining things. However that is why it is our duty to rid them of their existence here on earth!

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Don't worry, love. I’ll keep holding up my end of the deal. So much in fact it won’t be long before they start calling me the Exterminator around here!

The trio truly seemed quite impressed with themselves. The success that continued for them was becoming harder and harder to deny. As their walk backstage continued - as they were heading for the parking garage. All of the sudden their journey was slightly derailed. Thanks to one person, Ms. Pussy Willow. She approached the three of them with no hesitation. Of course before she could get a word in edgewise she was cut off.

The Greatest Export
BLAIRDUCHARME-HARRIS
Go away! Just go away. We do not have the time!

The Head Reporter
PUSSY WILLOW
Sorry to bother you, but that’s not going to happen. I do have a job to do.

The Spiciest Woman Alive
CARMENRIVERA-HARRIS
And that job is to just annoy my husband. Like she said, we do not have time for this.

The Head Reporter
PUSSY WILLOW
Be that as it may. Your husband still is contractually obligated to engage in segments like this. Or should I go find Christian and let him know you’re being difficult again?

Willow’s remarks were met with a stone cold glare from the trio. Not a single one of them found her words amusing, but at the same time it worked to her favor. Harris removes his arms from Carmen and Blair steps forward continuing to glare at Willow.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
What the hell do you want? Can’t you see we’re trying to celebrate another successful night?!

The Head Reporter
PUSSY WILLOW
That brings me to the first thing actually. I did want to say congratulations over a win over Ken Davison. As questionable as it was. It’s still a win and continues to paint you in a certain light.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Questionable? You know what, I'm not even going to bother to get into that with you. Truth be told, I don’t need you or anyone else for that matter kissing my ass with congratulations. I knew from the start Ken was never going to stand a chance against me and that was proven the moment his shoulders were pinned to the mat. Yet that’s all in the past now. Looking forward to the future.

The Head Reporter
PUSSY WILLOW
Speaking of the future. Did you pay attention to tonight’s main event to see who you were going to be going up against at Blaze of Glory?

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
God no. I have much-much better things to do than watch two men with no real importance try and wrestle.

The Head Reporter
PUSSY WILLOW
One, that’s a little harsh if you ask me. And two, it does have some importance to you considering I just said it was going to decide who you faced at Blaze of Glory. But whatever that ego of yours is running wild tonight I can see. Anyway that being said Mac Bane has retained the SCW Heavyweight Championship and that’s going to be the man you find yourself in the ring with in a few weeks. Do you have at least anything to say about that?

There was a brief pause from the man known as “The Icon”. He just looked at Willow with the most unimpressed look that one could give.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
And I supposed to have something to say? It’s like you are acting as if I’m supposed to be impressed by Mac retaining.

The Head Reporter
PUSSY WILLOW
Well, it was quite the matchup that took place tonight.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Maybe it was, but for a guy like Mac that likes to suck his own dick till his blue in the face about how good he is. This should have been an easy win. It shouldn’t have even been a competitive bout. Mac should have stomped the dude out, but he didn’t. So honestly I’m not that impressed, but then again it wouldn’t have made a difference who the hell I faced at Blaze of Glory.

Such a nonchalant shrug left Harris’s shoulders.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
I know that Mac has been begging for my attention for a long time now. Just like others have wanted to know how I felt about him. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. You along with Mac will find out how I feel about him real-real soon. In the meantime I’m going to go on and celebrate tonight’s win. As well as probably start setting up some celebratory plans for win I do become the Heavyweight Champion!

Harris gave a small wink towards Willow and the camera crew getting this exclusive interview. Although, he was a man of his word by proving he had nothing left to say. Both arms wrapping back around Carmen and Blair’s waist as he walked forward with them. Making their way right on past Willow. The anticipation was starting to become unreal with this matchup that was right around the corner. A matchup that very well might have ended up being one of the greatest matches in SCW History, but only time will tell.

Close to a year ago the entire Harris family relocated from Chicago, Illinois to New Orleans, Louisiana. It was the best thing for the family, but at the same time there was part of him that missed home. In fact something deep within him told him he needed to visit home before this pending Heavyweight Championship match. It was nothing to just up and go when he had access to a private jet thanks to one of his wives. Today was the date choosing to fly back home, but he wouldn’t be going alone. Blair would be tagging along, so would a personal camera crew that he had hired himself to document every last moment leading up to this big match.

All around this was going to be a much needed and positive trip. Harris was in the middle of tossing a few of his belongings into a suitcase. He turned to the right of him to grab something else when he felt a sudden sharp pain in his chest. For a second he just clutched his chest and tried to regain his bearings. Shaking his head to the side for a second. He felt like he was fine for a split second, but the moment he stepped forward. Another sharper pain shot through his chest that brought Harris down to his knees. A thud was heard as he hit the floor, keeping a hand tightly over that chest. He felt himself suddenly gasping for air. He rolled onto his back in doing so his eyes began to turn as black as the night.

Don’t like the way that feels, do you, old man? Feels like your heart is about to explode at any second doesn’t it? That’s what the early stages of a heart attack feels like. And that feeling of not being able to breathe? The gasping you’re doing right now. That’s what it feels like when someone wraps their hand around your throat and begins to squeeze the life right out of you. That’s what it feels like when someone is determined to deprive you of any oxygen.

Again the intense gasping echoed off the bedroom walls. Harris laid there on the floor with no control over his actions. Not control over his words. No control at all. Within a second it had all been taken from him. All thanks to the devil that lived deep inside. The evil voice continued to ring throughout his entire thought process.

We made quite the deal with each other sometime ago. You wanted nothing more than to return to the status you once were as a professional wrestler. You wanted nothing more than to be the legend, the icon, the special attraction you were all those years ago. You craved the attention of the wrestling universe. And more than anything you wanted to be a World Champion again. I believe the words you used, you needed to happen by any means necessary. Isn’t that right?

The pressure that Harris had felt on his throat that entire time had seemingly let up within an instant. Of course he could feel that intense sharp pain in his chest. In fact it seemed to be getting ramped up just to get a response out of him. In pain and panic he screamed.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Yes! That’s what I said!

As soon as those words escaped his mouth in such a panic. Harris felt that pressure right back on his throat. Once again forcing a gasp out of his lips due to struggling to breathe.

Mmhm! You sure did, and I told you all of it was possible. I told you, I could turn back time with your body. I told you I could give that raw talent and potential you once had back. I told you, that without a shadow of a doubt I’d see to it that you would be a Heavyweight Champion again. Of course with giving you what you want and what you desire there comes a price. That price being your existence here on earth. I made it known from the start. That if you didn’t listen to my every word. If you didn’t follow my every direction. If you didn’t achieve what I set out for you to achieve in order to make your fantasy come true again. Then I would have to take your pathetic life!

As he laid there on the floor being forced to listen to this unruly demon in his head. Now more than ever he was being forced to come to the realization that he did have that power. He was seeing it with his own eyes. He was experiencing it and there was nothing he could do. He simply couldn’t stop it. No matter how badly deep down he wanted to. Harris began to regret such a deal being made for one more shot at his glory days.

Now for some reason you’ve tested me over the last two months. It started with the embarrassment of a debut you had at Inception. Attacking someone of no real purpose. Someone that wasn’t going to make a difference either way. That start made you look weak and was going against everything I was willing to do for you. My warning to you then seemingly went in one ear and out the other. I told you to do something that matters. I told you to do something that people will remember. I told you to make Sin City Wrestling see you as a threat, and what did you do? You go out the very next week and you proceed to beat the hell out of a fan. A fucking fan. Putting yourself further back.

I know that I should have done it right then and there. I should have ended your existence and cut my losses. But something about you gives me a power and a strength I’ve never had before. Maybe it’s because deep down in the depths of your soul. I know that you are just as evil as I am. So, I gave you another chance. And for a brief moment you showed some flashes of promise. You went out there and mopped the floor with Chris Page. Sent that man packing for weeks and weeks at a time. Made sure that your name stays out of his mouth. Made sure that he understood stepping into the ring with you next time might have ended his career. But in the small moment of promise…

You made me question you twice over. Showing that you had no real set of balls on you. You had your wife pay the hundred thousand dollar fine the company gave you. There were many ways to go about that. You could have told the company to go fuck themselves. Risked that suspension they threatened you with, but no you took the coward’s way out. You took the cheap way out. You made yourself look like a fool once again. Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse. You proved me wrong again when you allowed yourself to be punked out by Christian Underwood!

The amount of rage that the demon was speaking with at that moment helped further strike fear into Harris.

A man that owns the company, a man that hasn’t wrestled in years, and a man that’s got no business putting his hands on you. You allowed it to happen. You tucked your tail between your legs and you let him have one over on you. You have no fucking idea how sick that made me. Again, I was forced to make a decision. I could have taken your life then. For there seemed like there was no coming back from that. But something made me hold back. Something said give you another chance. To which I saw you make sure you kept that SCW Heavyweight Championship match that Christain dangled above you like some forbidden fruit. You kept it by defeating Ken Davison. Another gooney to Mac Bane’s posse. Good for you… but that’s what has led to this. You’ve got that Championship match in a few weeks. You got Mac Bane in your sights. Everything I said I could give you is within a fingertips reach. YET, I had to show you what death is going to feel like if you fail me come Blaze of Glory!

Again the rage was echoing throughout his head in such a way that Harris could feel himself starting to form a migraine on top of all the other pain he felt.

You get the SCW Heavyweight Championship as promised to you. You get all the glory. All the praise. All the attention. You become who you once were Harris, but make no mistake about it. What I am telling you I want at Blaze of Glory is not up for discussion. I want Mac Bane’s head on a silver fucking platter! And you will bring it to me!

There was like a bright flash that took place and the normal color to Harris’s eyes filled right back up. In that moment the demon seemed to let loose. Harris suddenly rolled to his stomach and started to cough violently. His breath was coming back to him. That sharp pain in his chest was going away. It was truly feeling like he had just come back from the brink of death. Continuing to lay there Harris understood there was no room for error. He could not make a mistake. No matter what happened, he had to become the champion. Not just for the accolade but to save his own life.

Date: March 2nd, 2023
Time: 1:15 PM

Cameras were rolling as they had been all week with “The Icon” Michael Harris. As he wanted to document everything leading up to what could end up being one of the biggest moments of his long career at Blaze of Glory. Speaking of “The Icon” himself. He was walking down a dark hallway with his hands covering the eyes of his wife Blair. A sinister smirk could be seen spread across his lips as he seemed to guide her.

The Greatest Export
BLAIRDUCHARME-HARRIS
Are we close yet, love?

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Almost! You’re so impatient dear!

He chuckled softly as he came to a stop. He kept his hands covering her eyes while turning his back towards a specific door and pushed it open with his foot. Bringing Blair forward with him. It was becoming clear at that point that Harris was bringing his wife into a recording studio. One that wasn’t empty either. As two people were set up in the booth behind the class. All while one person - one could assume being the producer sat at the control center. Harris suddenly removed his hands from Blair’s eyes. She looked around quite confused.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Surprise!

The Greatest Export
BLAIRDUCHARME-HARRIS
Surprise? What is even this?

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Over the last few days, I’ve been helping produce a song to release to the world. One that’s going to just make Mac Bane look like a complete joke.

The Greatest Export
BLAIRDUCHARME-HARRIS
Okay, better question. What does this have to do with me? How is this a surprise to me?!

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
You were upset about the whole hundred thousand dollar fine a few weeks back. I wanted to show you that this is going to make all of that back and then some. Plus, I get to have a little fun with Mac.

The look on Blair’s face said it all. She was more than unhappy. None of this made any sense. If anything it just sounded like another big expense for no reason. Harris picking up on the vibes from his wife. Quick to cut her off before anything could be said.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Before you get upset. Just hear it out. I swear, it’s going to do wonders!

He quickly turned to the producer.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Make them do their thing!

Of course with his words the producer looked at the male and female in the booth. Before hitting a tap of a button and the instrumental beat to “Stan” by Eminem began to play. Instantly the look on Blair’s face became even more sour. As one could imagine a woman of taste and sophistication. Anything involving a hip hop genre would not be her thing. In that moment the female stepped up to the microphone in the booth starting to sing her heart out to the lyrics.

My tweets go ignored.
I’m wondering why…
Why I sent them at all.
Zero notis on my iPhone.
Making me feel so alone.
Got your twitter pinned to my desktop
No answer from you, it’s a dead stop.
And It reminds me..
That I’m not so good. I’m not so good!

Very quickly it was becoming obvious that this song was going to be a direct parody to the infamous song. Harris stood there with a smirk on his lips. Blair on the other hand continued to glare. Not even coming close to warming up to the idea. In that moment the male in the booth stepped up to his mic and began to put out his lyrics in the best flow possible.

Dear Michael, I tweeted you, but you still ain’t replyin’
I left my at and my photo in the message.
I even talked about my mental wreckage. But you didn’t seem to care.
Maybe you muted me, which I don’t blame you to be fair.
Sometimes I talk out my ass, and it comes off sloppy.
But fuck it man, what’s up? Have you ever seen the movie Rocky?
I’m desperate for attention. Just tryin’ to have a bond.
I’ll say anything to get you to respond!
I saw that you don’t respect me, man that’s a bummer.
Was really hoping you’d join my crew and hang out this summer.
I know you probably hear this every day, but I think I can beat you.
Even got my wife prepping some celebratory Barbecue.
I've been listening to your promos for days, man.
Still think I can got this in the bag, and that’s no cap!
Anyways bro, I hope you hit me back.
Just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan!

A fifty two year old Harris was standing there just nodding his head a little bit. Seemingly really getting into what he was hearing. Blair was staring daggers into the back of her husband’s head. This was like nails on a chalkboard for her. She couldn’t stand it, but he was very much convinced that it was going to be something she enjoyed as the singer for the chorus stepped back up.

My tweets go ignored.
I’m wondering why…
Why I sent them at all.
Zero notis on my iPhone.
Making me feel so alone.
Got your twitter pinned to my desktop
No answer from you, it’s a dead stop.
And It reminds me..
That I’m not so good. I’m not so good!

Even with the second time around with the chorus of this song that “The Icon” was the mastermind before. It hadn’t seemed to do anything as far as wavering the opinion of his wife. Now she was being subjected to another verse.

Dear Mr. I’m-Too-Good-To-Reply-To-My-Opponent.
This will be my last tweet, at this moment!
It’s been two fuckin’ months. Not a word. I don’t deserve it.
Sick and tired of you being so perfect!
So this is my last plea, I hope you hear it.
But knowing my luck, the tweet won't even submit.
Now I get it’s too late for us to be friends.
At this point, I’m just begging that my title reign doesn’t end!
Way I see it, there's no point in wrestling.
Just tweet me back, we can get to settling.
Whatever beef we have. Just let me keep my championship.
I’m old. I can’t keep up. I got a bad hip!
That’s just elderly abuse.
Please, listen to me. Buy any excuse…
I have to offer. You have the right to choose
But my ego just can’t stand to lose!

As soon as those words came out of his mouth. Blair had stormed past her husband and right up to the control center of this entire studio. Her hand slamming down on a particular button that muted everything. Everyone including Harris himself looked at Blair with a little bit of shock. She was not happy to say the very least. Turning her attention to her husband. The upset look in her eye said everything it needed to without a word escaping her mouth.

The Greatest Export
BLAIRDUCHARME-HARRIS
Es-tu fou?!

Her native tongue was coming out and that vein in the middle of her forehead became more and more obvious.

The Greatest Export
BLAIRDUCHARME-HARRIS
You are a grown man! You are in your fifties! This is how you choose to react?! How, you choose to poke fun at an opponent?! How, you choose to spend our hard earned money?! Please tell me this is a joke!

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Oh come on! It isn’t that bad. It’s actually pretty goo—

The Greatest Export
BLAIRDUCHARME-HARRIS
No! No it is not! Listening to that has made me nauseous! And for you to even attempt to defend that makes me question our marriage. You are better than this! This does not make World Champions, and I will not have myself or you associated with something that smells of desperation!

Every word that was coming out of her mouth was strong and it meant business. Harris started to realize that this might not have been such the brilliant idea he thought it was after all. Blair turned to the man that sat in his seat at the control center.

The Greatest Export
BLAIRDUCHARME-HARRIS
Delete every bit of this. I do not want this to ever see the light of day!

She was very direct in her approach. There was no room for error and she did not like to be questioned. It’s why she was very much the head of the household. She turned right back to her husband.

The Greatest Export
BLAIRDUCHARME-HARRIS
And you need to start acting like a future world champion. Not a goddamn child!

With those words being said, Blair found herself storming out of the room. Being sure to slam the door shut behind her on her way out. The silence continued to fill the room even after she was gone. Harris found himself looking at the man holding the camera that had been filming this entire time.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
We can’t fucking use that now. Just cut the tape!

Harris made a slashing motion with his throat to really signify he wanted the tape to stop rolling. The last bit of footage was the man himself storming out of the room as well. One assuming that he was going to attempt to chase down his wife. Needless to say this entire experiment was a big back fire, and at least according to Blair. If he didn’t start acting right and getting himself in the right mindset. There was a very good chance Harris would not be leaving with the SCW Heavyweight Championship like he intended.

The sun was starting to set as the cameras found themselves opening up to the infamous Chicago Pier. Soft sounds of the lake water splashing about with a light breeze in the air. For early march, the weather was nicer than it had been in previous years. That being said the camera was more focused on the hooded figure standing there on the pier looking out over the side of it and seemingly focusing on the sunset.

Just like that the figure reached up and pulled down his hood as he turned himself around to reveal their identity. Turned out to be the Chicago native himself “The Icon” Michael Harris. The ever so arrogant trademark smirk was starting to spread across his lips as the silence was broken by him.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
For the last several weeks it was hinted at. It was rumored. It appeared to be up in the air, but it kept coming up. A first-time meeting between myself and SCW Heavyweight Champion, Mac Bane. At this point now it’s been confirmed. It’s going to happen. On March Twelfth at Blaze of Glory. It’ll be Legend versus Legend. Icon versus Icon. Man versus Man!

There was a hint of confidence behind the words of Harris. Not that surprising because of the ego he carried himself with.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
That being said I am sure that Mac himself will tell you. He was hoping that this meeting wouldn’t have ended up coming into fruition. Why, though? Right, that's the question running through your minds. Especially when this match seems to be a certified banger. This match has the implications to be one of the best matches put on in Sin City Wrestling history. Well if what I’ve picked up so far about Mac so far is to be true. Then I’d have to say the reason he wasn’t looking forward to this match happening has to do with the fact he doesn’t seem me worthy. He doesn’t view me as worthy of being in the same ring with him. He doesn’t see me as deserving of a shot at the SCW Heavyweight Championship. In the mind of Mac, I am simply not good enough to be in this situation.

As those words fell from his lips. Harris found himself shaking his head from side to side while at the same time letting it be clear that he didn’t share the same view based on those simple actions. He let his eyes fall right back to the camera.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Got to be honest with you, Mac. Kind of funny that you view me in that light. I mean, I’d expect that coming from myself. I’m a prick. I’m an asshole. Hell, at times I’m the worst piece of shit imaginable walking planet earth. But you, right now you’re the face of the company. And I get that you’re not the “friendliest” person to exist. However, to be so cutthroat with your views about me is a little shocking. I mean it started the night I debuted at Inception. You couldn’t wait to jump into my Twitter Notifications to start running your mouth about me and to start mowing me down. With that being said Mac, I’ve been in this game a long time. I’ve come across all types of people. And your actions remind me of people I’ve come across before. Your actions scream two major things. It screams fear and it screams desperation. Two qualities that are terrible to have when you’re the Heavyweight Champion. For it never really works out, in fact it ninety nine point nine percent of the time it leads to your downfall.

His smirk was starting to grow across his features. Each word was bringing out that ego of his a little more at a time.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Yet, when I think about it. I think I’ve got it figured out, Mac. I think I know just exactly why you are the way that you are. The fear and the desperation comes from the fact you know your days as the Heavyweight Champion are numbered. You knew that if this match between the two of us took place. You weren’t going to walk out of Blaze of Glory with the championship still around your waist. You just knew that being in the ring with me meant that you were out matched even when you’re screaming till you’re blue in the fact I am undeserving of this. Got to be honest man, you being a four-time Heavyweight Champion that happens to be afraid of me deep down makes me chuckle. Just like it makes me chuckle that you are so incredibly pressed on how I’ve made your little group you’re associated with look like shit. My first match in SCW. I was put in the ring with Chris Page. Everyone - including you said I didn’t stand a chance. You said I didn’t have the skill. You said I couldn’t beat him. I was overrated, overhyped, and couldn’t hold my own against someone of talent. Yet, I did it. I pinned Page’s shoulders to the mat. One, Two, Three. Simple as that.

He couldn’t help himself but chuckle for a brief moment. Clearly quite proud of himself.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Of course even after the win. You nor anyone else could give me the credit I deserved. As a matter of fact Mac, if my memory serves me correctly. As I was going into a match with Ken. You claimed that I got a fluke win over Chris. And then I went on to beat your buddy, Ken as well. Now how I won doesn’t make a difference. It holds no purpose, a win is a win and that’s all that matters. Which is why it bothers you so much I beat Chris in the first place. Because beating Chris means your plan was foiled. You intended to be the worst kind of Heavyweight Champion. Those cards were shown when you were letting it be known you were going to defend the Championship against only your friends. You had every intention of cheating this reign and cheating all of SCW. Literally, you were going to hand a title shot to someone just because of your affiliation with them.

And let’s tell the truth while we’re at it shall we Mac? I’d be willing to bet money. You were going to ask Chris to take the dive, am I right? The two of you were going to go out there, put on this huge competitive match, make everyone in the seats and everyone in the back believe the match could go either way. Meanwhile laughing behind everyone's back because you know you were going to win all along. Again, I don’t hide from being a piece of shit but I would never stoop that low and be that disgusting of a champion let alone that disgusting of a human being. Although Mac, when I really think about it. The best part about all of this is that you said I wasn’t deserving of a title shot. Yet you were going to hand one to someone who hadn’t done a damn thing but kiss your ass. Guess that it’s only good enough to be that way when you’re the one calling the shots eh champ?

Harris let a small shake of his head consume him. Based on the words being used, it was crystal clear he was trying to paint some narrative about Mac Bane. One that people might have not been jumping on board with.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Well here we are now Mac. Just a few weeks away from that first-time meeting and after defeating two men that you claimed were better than me. The fear is really starting to set in. You’re coming to terms with the fact that your reign is in danger. You’re starting to understand that you’re going to be outmatched in the ring with me. You’re starting to be hit with the cold harsh reality that you aren’t the guy around here anymore. As much as Christian Underwood might dislike me. He still followed through with his word by granting me this match. That spells bad news for you, champ. Because if you were valued. If you were still the man. If you had any pull as the champion. This match wouldn’t be happening. You’d gotten exactly what you wanted despite my wins. Writing is on the wall my friend.

Each word coming out of his mouth at this particular moment was gunning to get inside the head of Mac. Harris was far more advanced than most people in the wrestling game when it came to the mind games. Whether or not Mac fell into that trap or not. That remains to be seen in the near future.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Believe me Mac. I’ve been in your position before. I’ve been the face of a company that once lost all faith in me and started to show it with their booking decisions. They started to show it by putting these young kids in positions that they didn’t deserve to be in. They started to line up people left and right that were undeserving of taking me on. Undeserving of competing for my championship. Undeserving of being anywhere around me. So like I said Mac, I get it. I get where your head space is. Except there’s a small difference between the two of us. That difference is I didn’t let it get to me and I didn’t let them have what they wanted. Oh no, I took on every kid they claimed was the future and dropped them on their neck. Every person they put in the ring with me. I made them realize they didn’t belong and took years off their career. And even if I didn’t agree with it. I defended my title again and again, always remaining the champion. Staying the Guy despite the odds against me.

That’s the mindset that you should be getting yourself in Mac, but of course everything you’ve said and done since it was clear we’d be facing off against each other. It’s the complete opposite. You just keep showing your hand. Making things that much easier for me. And since I know that you fear me. Since, I know that you’re scared of losing that SCW Heavyweight Championship to me. I’m going to have way more fun in this match than I normally would. I’m going to make sure I draw things out. I’m going to make sure I look you in the eyes with every punch I deliver. I’m going to stand over you every single time I knock you down to remind you what’s coming your way. I’m going to take satisfaction in beating you down when you’ve got zero confidence in yourself and your abilities. Just like I’m going to take satisfaction in knowing that you’re going to have your entire posse watching and believing in you. Only for you to let them down.

Which should lead to them losing their belief in you as well. Truth be told Mac. It’s kind of sad that it had to come down to this. Because at first it was just about becoming the SCW Heavyweight Championship for me. That’s all I was after. That’s all I craved, but the moment you decided to disrespect me. The moment you decided to not give me the credit I deserved. The moment that you exposed yourself to me. That’s when I decided I was going to take everything from you. Championship, Confidence, and even your Career if that’s what it comes down to. All of which I can point my finger at you and let it be known that it’s all your fault. If you’re willing to show your fear and your desperation, Mac. You might as well start accepting the blame too. Either way though, it won’t be changing the outcome of what is going to happen at Blaze of Glory.

Harris’s ego was unmatched. No matter what some “facts” might have been. There was no getting through to him and getting his view to waiver in any way at all. So it wasn’t much of a surprise with how he was carrying himself. “The Icon” was quick to pick right back up where he had left off.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
For the majority of my career I’ve told the world that I am single handedly The GREATEST EVER to do this. I’ve told people that I was BORN BETTER than them. And I’ve told people that I am the MOST DANGEROUS SON OF A BITCH to ever step foot between those ropes. Each time I’ve said that. I was laughed at. Each time I said that. I was overlooked. Each time I’ve said that. I’ve always come across someone that refused to believe what I was telling them. Yet here I am nearly thirty years in the wrestling business and I continue to live up to everything I’ve ever said. March Twelfth will be no different. Don’t worry though Mac. Not only will the SCW Heavyweight be in good hands going forward, but I’m sure early retirement is going to treat you well my friend. No shame in disappearing into the darkness when you know you couldn’t get the job done… See you soon, bud!

In those last words coming out of his mouth. Cameras found themselves to zoom in a little bit on that smirking expression of “The Icon”. That last image of him was one that truly drove that point home. There was no going back and there was no getting him to change his mind. As far as he was concerned he would be walking out of Blaze of Glory as the NEW Heavyweight Champion of Sin City Wrestling. Only time would tell whether or not Harris was able to live up to his words or not. Nevertheless, history was going to be made before all of SCW.

Offline Mac

• View Profile
Re: MAC BANE (c) v MICHAEL HARRIS - World Heavyweight Title
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 08:41:23 PM »
“A narcissist paints a picture of themselves as being the victim or innocent in all aspects. They will be offended by the truth. But what is done in the dark will come to light. Time has a way of showing people’s true colors.” — Karla Grimes

Foreword:

Success.

The success of CCPE rolls along, doesn’t it? Whether it’s Tara’s cruise, CCPE vs. The World, The Denzel Porter Invitational or any other special event that comes along. We don’t claim anything but excellence ahead of time. Now several of us for the enterprise are in the Blast From The Past tournament. I should be worried about this because of the very real threat that it poses for my world title. I am confident though, that like last year, I will win this thing again. Guys like J2H are going to be favored to some extent and that’s because he’s a local legend. He never at any time in his career faced global competition. Until you step outside of your comfort zone you’ll never really know how good you are. People here that have only ever been here talk about loyalty to the brand. My real loyalty is to myself and my family. That is one of the reasons that when Page offered to represent me, I jumped at the chance to have someone of a like mind to represent me. Things that are expected as a member are really quite simple.

We expect to win, because of who we are individually and collectively. Being one of the cornerstones that this enterprise was built on often makes me smile. It has more often than not given me a sense of pride. Sure some members, well, former members now have made me cringe in the past. They are no longer represented by the enterprise known as CCPE. With Chronic Chris Page as the owner, you can surmise really quickly he doesn’t put up with much in the way of negative public relations. Kat Jones, my baby sister, was just named President and CEO of CCPE, and she is of the same mind. Once the fat had been cut we were able to add some great talent to our roster. I won’t dig back into that because I’ve covered it recently, it just makes me proud to be a part of what we’re doing and how we’re doing it. When we first formed, we had people out there claiming that Chris took a significant chunk of the money we had coming in.

I was astonished at the accusations at the time. Page get’s none of my money, outside of endorsement deals that he helps to facilitate. It’s like 5% at that point. Some of the deals that have been struck, that’s a small amount. Chris Page and the rest of CCPE, they are good people by and large. Some of us, well, we aren’t for everybody I guess is the best way to put it. We’re a little rough around the edges, and sometimes we don’t play well with others. That’s part of our charm. Men like myself, Ken Davison, Goth, Peter Vaughn, Rogan Mac and Chris Page are that way. The Ladies are much the same. Melissa, Kim Pain, Lucy Johnson, Kyra Davison. We were even accused of being some kind of cult, along with the stable accusations. If CCPE was a cult or stable, we’d have taken over every company that we have members at. It would have likely started in SCW if that were true. Originally there were no CCPE members in The Saviors and now there are many.

The Saviors are a group destined for more greatness, half the field is not only represented by CCPE but The Saviors as well. Considering our roster is nothing but CCPE members at this point in time, you get the inference. Much like CCPE represents the best of the best in this industry, we represent the cream of the crop within Sin City Wrestling. What you don’t understand about us will be made crystal clear going forward. The team we are assembling within the confines of SCW is a group of people that have historically told people to fuck around and find out. When they were called on it, they were shown to not be bluffing. We don’t have to cheat to win matches, that’s an advantage of being from a wrestling pedigree. That’s an advantage of having learned the business the hard way. That comes from being superior to everyone else on this roster, by leaps and bounds. Michael Harris fucked around and now he’s gonna find out.

The hard way.

{Oblivion Ranch - Las Vegas NV - “The Rabbit”}

The cold drizzle and the winds have seemingly sucked the energy out of me. Cold, wet days always had this effect on me. The only thing they’re really good for is napping or fucking in my opinion, or napping after fucking. Here I sat though on the front porch of the house. It was still early when I saw Thaddeus Duke’s twitter message about bartending and his tips going to the NY Humane Society. The Humane society has been a favorite charity for a long time. So, I let him know I’d be there. The other thing I knew was that Gabriel Bahl and Amber had set up a meeting to discuss her future. I always tried to keep my word, so I would remain away from home today so that they could feel free to discuss whatever they needed to. I wouldn’t be around so I wouldn’t serve as a distraction. I wasn’t too concerned about him doing something stupid, because Kuyon would be on it. He had received military training and would rip the throat out of anyone who posed a threat to her. So, while I waited on Whisper to get here, I had left her a note near the coffee maker.

“Hey Love, I'm going to do some charity stuff with The Velvet Rabbit and Thaddeus Duke, I’ll be back tomorrow.

Love,
Mac

Ps

Blessed Redhead

Let the fire fall from the skies
Let Heaven choose a few
To harness the light
A beauty unknown to man
A fiery mane of burning hair
Lit by the god’s graces
With ivory skin
Covered with countless freckles
Each a fingerprint from Aphrodite
Only a few are blessed with such beauty
They have tempers to match their hair
Fiery yet controlled by passion
A rarity in this world
To be admired, treasured by man
Loved as no other should"

I had hoped she would like it, just an attempt by me to make sure she knows that I’ll always have her back and that my love was not conditional. It never had been and never would be. When you love someone, they should never have doubts about that, not that I think she did but she’s still defensive about shit at times. Especially when she thinks it's something I wouldn’t approve of. I’ll probably never understand that, I’ve never done anything but support her and her decisions. Bahl already knows that if he fucks with her, my face will be the last thing he’ll ever see on this earth. She’s one of the toughest women I’ve ever known, but even she has her breaking point. If I could just prevent that from happening, that would be my real legacy in this life.

I looked up from my reverie as a car pulled into the spot near the porch, I saw Whisper in the driver's seat. I smiled and waved, flight time was still 5 or 6 hours away, so we had time for some day drinking. The last time I saw Whisper, she was in a little better humor over her recent breakup. She stepped out of the car, and I raised up the bottle of scotch and she smiled. “You’re a good man, Mac, I don’t care what Twitter thinks of you.” There was that coy tone and sarcastic wit that I admired so much about this woman. “Good, ‘cause neither am I.” I poured some scotch into a glass that already had ice in it. Handing the drink over to her, she cupped it in both hands and drank deeply. “Good lord, Mac, that’s fucking great.” I laughed, “I would never serve you cheap scotch, I do keep some around but that’s for when less entertaining people show up to drink.” She nodded and smiled a little sadly, “How are we on time,” she asked. “Oh, we still have a good 4 hours before we need to be there.” She leaned back in the chair as I lit a cigarette, “Good,” she said as I leaned back in my chair.

“What’s on your mind,” I asked her in all seriousness. “I mean, I know you’re going through a tough time but I didn’t think you’d want to fly to NY with me for a trip to the Rabbit.” She gave me that smug smirk she likes to use on me, “You are perceptive, I’ll give you that. The reason I wanted to talk to you is Kat.” I was a little surprised but not by much. “Alright, what about her?” I always tried to use a neutral tone with Whisper, I don’t like it when she’s upset or shocked by something.

“You’re wrong about who’s to blame for her early retirement. You can’t shoulder that Mac, she knows it’s not your fault, and I know it’s not your fault. So, now, I need you to believe that it’s not your fault. So you can move on from that, and not dwell on what might have been, if you had noticed the severity of her injuries. She’s very good at hiding that. None of us saw it coming is what I’m trying to tell you.” This had been an internal struggle for me, something I grappled with every day for months. She was right, I had to let it go before it ate me up inside more than it already had. That was the hard part though, letting go of things that you think you could have prevented. “I understand Whisper, and I realize that even if I beat Larry Tact bloody every day for the rest of my life that it wouldn’t sate my anger.” She nodded, “Good now that’s settled.” She extended her arm and I took her empty glass from her. As I was pouring her second glass, I felt the warmth spread over me as she smiled. The bond that connects us was very strong. Most people would call it hokum or voodoo, it was a psychic connection. Not that we could speak to each other through it. I’d be the first one to admit it was weird but it helps us all. You can send someone positive emotions through it if you could sense they were in distress.

{Somewhere in the middle east - “Admiral Gomez”}

[Over 25 years ago]

//This will tie into Amber’s story//

The day that Admiral Gomez was arrested was a memory that would long be etched in my memory. You never forget the shock of a senior officer from your branch of the military being apprehended for war crimes.

The desert was a very brutal, unforgiving, and arid place. The heat, and the wind could be brutal and certainly no place for mistakes. As hot as it was on this day, it was nowhere nearly as hot as in this small room we all stood in. The anger in this room radiated like the sun itself, and the tension…saying it was high is like saying Everest is a small hill. Even the sharpest knife could never have cut through the fog that hung in this room. Our commanding officer was in the process of reading Rear Admiral Gomez his rights, he had already informed him of what he was being charged with. The officer had tried to go on about his duties without paying attention to what Castello had to say, but the marines on either side made certain that he stopped and paid attention. Moment’s like these were life changing, but the Rear Admiral seemed to think this was all a joke or something. Now that he had been restrained by the marines he was paying more attention. The more Jeff spoke the more angry the senior officer became. His tone was somewhere between outrage and incredulity.

Captain Jeff Castello began reading him his rights, but Gomez interrupted him. “Save it, Captain, we both know I’ll never see jail time.” He sneered at all of us who were there, “None of you fucking matter in the bigger picture, bunch of fucking half assed sailors who just don’t get it.” I heard a sharp intake of breath, the source of that was Vivian. The look of shock on her face was one that I would remember the rest of my life. A stream of tears began to roll down her face as her image she had always held with this man was shattered. She would later tell me of how Gomez had become her mentor and closest confidant after she had saved his daughter down in Biloxi, Mississippi. If she hadn’t done what she had done, his daughter would have died a horrible death at the hands of a bull shark. Jeff touched her on the arm and motioned for her to leave the room. She did so quickly, with only a sigh of relief escaping her. Castello looked at Gomez, “Were you aware that you’ve been under surveillance for over two years? There will be no escape for you.” I shook his head with disgust directed towards the Admiral.

“There is a list of names of men and women that you are personally responsible for their deaths.You sold them out to terrorists. Here, Syria, Kuwait, and Gitmo.Do you have nothing to say? Do you feel nothing at all?” Admiral Gomez didn’t lose his sneer, “Your opinion, and that’s all it is, means nothing to a man like me. I did what I had to do for MY family, I regret nothing.” Evidently Jeff had anticipated his reaction to the charges, his fist had already been balled up before the Admiral had even begun to speak. Jeff was a wise man though, and let it go as if he hadn’t spoken. “You see, Admiral, I could execute you right here and now and no one would question it. I’m not going to do that though, why would I add war crimes to my record. You disgust me, and if there really is a god, you will be dealt with the harshest punishment available under the UCMJ(Uniformed Code of Military Justice for those that don’t know)

“Admiral, you are hereby relieved of all duties at this command, you will be escorted to the airfield where you will be delivered by a seal team to Washington. A holding cell there awaits your arrival there and you will be fully processed and held until this investigation has been completed.” Admiral Gomez began laughing, as if this was some kind of joke. I looked over at my buddy from bootcamp, Bill Broome, Billy was seething as was I. Jeff looked over at us, “Gentlemen, escort the Admiral to the airfield, the seal team will meet you on the way. They also know the details of this, stay with them to make sure the admiral is still alive until the plane takes off.” We both snapped to attention and confirmed the order. “Aye Sir,” we said in unison. We waited until the MP’s had cuffed him, even back then I didn’t trust many people, so I checked the cuffs to make sure they were secured. After he was cuffed and I verified he was secure, Castello approached the man and removed his rank insignia. “You don’t have the authority to remove those or even to relieve me of my command,” he bellowed at Castello. Now it was Jeff’s turn to laugh, he withdrew a paper packet from his hip pocket. “This says otherwise,” he stated with confidence and an unshakeable tone. “This was done with a direct order from the Pentagon based on initial findings. You’ll get your opportunity to prove the evidence wrong.”

He nodded to Billy and I, “Get this piece of shit out of here,” he ordered and we complied immediately, no questions asked. We each grabbed him under an arm and escorted him out of the room. Vivian tried to flag me down, but I ignored her request and kept him moving to the transport that waited outside. Three armed marines waited there, all with stern faces showing no emotion at all. Broome and I sat the admiral in between us, “you didn’t have to tighten those cuff’s down that tight you know?” The Admiral’s discomfort was comforting to me as I thought about the names on that list. I had known many of them, a lot of us went through bootcamp, survival school and various training together. “I’ll double check them at the airfield, maybe I left them too loose,” I said to him in a flat voice. I felt the transport slow to a stop, I knew we weren’t at the airfield yet. Four armed men slid into the back with us, all wearing non military gear. At the sight of my rifle in their direction, their leader held up his hands, “Relax sailor, we are the team that Jeff told you about.” I lowered my rifle, spying his rank, “My apologies Chief.” He smiled and nodded, “No apologies necessary, I’d have done the same. We live in some scary times.” The admiral smiled when he spotted the team, which was not lost on me or on Billy evidently as he tightened the grip on his rifle. He and I both were on high alert right now, feeling like we were headed into an ambush to spring this piece of garbage.

“Relax gentlemen, I realize what you  must be thinking, but we’re not here to spring that asshole or prevent him from receiving the justice that he deserves.” I reached over and touched Billy’s rifle, “At ease Seaman, it’s fine.” A moment later he physically relaxed and breathed deeply.  The Chief Petty Officer eyed me, “You’ll make a good leader one day, Petty Officer Bane.” I nodded my appreciation for his assessment. “Chief, I appreciate the kind words.” Gomez remained silent for the rest of the trip to the airfield, then the transport slowed to a stop again. The smell of jet fuel was unmistakable, so we must be in the right spot this time. Gomez knew it as well, his eyes grew a little wild as Broome and I drug him to his feet. “You will all rue the day that you ever even heard my fucking name,” he exclaimed as the seal team helped to drag his ass out of the transport. I heard a loud thump and a groan, and I realized that they had let him fall face first to the ground. “That’s a good bunch of sailors right there, Chief.” He looked over and winked, “Don’t worry, he’ll get there alive and mostly in one piece. Tell Jeff that I send my regards, we’ll get him back to the Pentagon and see what happens.” “Aye Chief, I certainly will.”

We exited the vehicle and climbed up into the cab with the driver, “Okay, let’s head back,” I said hoping I was wrong but secretly knowing I was right and his claims were truthful.

[present time]

“I knew even back then, that he would not pay for his crimes,” I said quietly to Amber. She looked at me in a sympathetic way, which is as rare for her as it was for me. “You don’t have to help with this,” she said in a strong voice. I looked up at her and smiled, “That may be, but I want to. That was a long time ago, maybe he’s different now but I’d love to see that in person. It’s not like he’ll recognize me.” She smiled, "yeah, I’m sure you look much different now.” I nodded, “yep I’m even prettier now than I was then,” I said in my tongue in cheek style. She shook her head, rolled her eyes and laughed at me. “You’re such a smart ass, don’t ever change.” I looked at her in fake shock, “No plans to, Darlin’l”.

{The Oblivion Ranch - Las Vegas NV - “You want me to believe what?” }

The cold in the desert is no joke, especially after the sun goes down. Despite that My old c.o. Jeff Castellow and I sat on the back patio near the fire pit that was blazing away. It kept it warm enough for us and the eleven dogs that sat around it. Amber was somewhere inside and tended to stay away from these conversations, the less you  know, you know? Plus I’d give her the details later anyway. We were double fisted tonight, cigar in one hand and a tumbler of scotch in the other. We were mostly shooting the shit and making fun of each other. Jeff, “So, one dog wasn’t enough?” I laughed at the comment as Kuyon looked up at me and then put his head back down with some ear scritching. He was content and let a sigh escape him. “Well, Jeff, one is plenty ,but this old boy knocked up a champion,” I pointed  over at Cher. “Cher is special, and they do have nine puppies together.” I smiled down at the old man and shot a wink to Cher, causing her to thump her tail against the ground. Jeff smiled, “If only I had enough time to take care of a puppy. They are adorable.” I smiled, “Yeah, they did good.”

I set the tumbler down to relight the cigar and I could see him watching me out my periphery. “What’s on your mind Jeff?” I smiled and shook his head, “you have always been hard to read, Mac.” He flicked an ash into the firepit and took a drag from his cigar. “The report you wrote for me about the source of the information that caused you to act, in order to help protect Vivian. That’s why I made this special trip and brought your favorite scotch and cigars as bribery.” I barked a laugh, “You know bribery is not necessary, right? I appreciate it though.” He smiled in response, “I know, plus it was an excuse for me to come see you guys.” Another drag from our cigars while he waited on me. “Okay, so what were your questions?” He looked up at me, “What were my questions? What were my questions?” His eyes went wide and his tone was exasperated. “How do you expect me to be able to explain to my superiors that you were tipped off by a fucking Teddy Bear network?!” I smiled and now fully amused, “What’s to explain? I mean, have I ever lied to you?” He glared at me, “Just once and that was to protect Vivian, if I remember correctly.”  I nodded in agreement.

“Yeah it was to keep her from getting written up, I believe,” he said to me. “So you wrote me up instead,” I replied in a calm voice, “totally worth it.” He shook his head, “you two were always getting in trouble, but hey, no judgment here. I bet you became a hell of a potato peeler.” He trying to jab me made me laugh again, “Best ever,” I said coyly. “And yeah, the thing with despy and angel is a real thing, I don’t know how to explain it, and I probably don’t want to know.” He leaned back in his chair while I leaned forward and flicked an ash in the firepit. Just then my phone went off, a message from Despy…

[couldn't you just tell him it’s a coinkydink?]

The message caused me to chuckle, so I turned the phone around and showed him the message. He shook his head in response, “We can alter the report for sure, but….hey, is he here?” I looked up at the window just over Jeff’s shoulder and nodded towards it. Jeff turned around to see Despy’s teddy bear Angel sitting in the window. “What the fu….” he said, he slowly turned his head back around. “I made BBQ today, so yeah, he’s probably getting ready to head back home soon.” He looked at me and said, “I have no words right now, don’t worry I’m not going to bother him about it. Change the fucking report Mac.” He leaned back and drained the last of his scotch as I laughed at him. “You’re so not funny.” I tip my glass towards the window and Angel, then they were gone. “That’s fine, wanna talk about something else, maybe something that won’t cause you to go all pale and nearly have a heart attack.”

Jeff casually flipped me off causing more laughter. I felt a little bad for Jeff but not entirely, because I can be a bit of a dick. “Just remember Chief, I work in a world where we sell suspension of disbelief. Use your imagination and I’m sure you can find some value in what you learned tonight. You don’t have to believe in them at all my friend, even though you suspect it’s true.” He looked at me  again, “I don’t think I can force myself to believe that, Mac.” I shrugged my shoulders, “not asking you too. If you don’t believe him or me, that makes protecting them easy. The last thing I want is a government agency trying to usurp what Despy is doing.” I finished the contents of my tumbler, “Plus, I didn’t believe it at first myself, until I saw the teddy bear in the window across from Vivian’s old place.” I think about it, “Snowflake is what Despy said was her name, or something like that.” I chuckle a bit, “talk about having your sense of realism tested. I thought I had dropped into the twilight zone.” After a short pause, I say to him, “After all the shit we’ve been through together, the things we’ve seen that we could never explain to a rational human being….this is not that hard to believe.” He never replied to the statement, he simply continued to stare at his tumbler as the call of the whippoorwill sounded just then. “Is the whippoorwill native to Vegas?” I smiled, “they are, actually but you usually only hear about them in Texas. They are an endangered species in Nevada, so it’s rare.” he looked up at me, “Beware the song of the whippoorwill…..It’s getting late Mac, I think I need to head back.” I looked up to say good night but he was already in motion.

[A short time later]

With everyone gone and the house quiet again, I was helping Amber clean up. “What was that all about,” she asked me in a soft tone. I smiled, “the teddy bear network.” She looked at me in shock and I shook my head at her. “I did it on purpose, love, I gave him information that he’ll never believe. Despy and Angel are safe.” She smirked at me, “They better be.” I nodded, “They are, Despy is not the only one with a network of information brokers.” I continued to dry the plate and put it back in the cabinet. “You holding out on me, Bane?” I gave her my best “I’m shocked” look, holding my hand to my chest. “Me? Hold out on you? Never,” I said in amusement. “No, love, I’ve been telling you for a couple of years that I have eyes and ears everywhere that the military operates.” My phone goes off again…

[We’re good, he’d never find anything anyway]

I chuckled as I showed her the message from Despy. “Our little spymaster.” She shook her head in response and rolled her eyes.

[How Rude]

I showed her again and she laughed. “Okay, I get it.”

[Thank you.]

I laughed again.

[BBQ was awesome, thank you both!]

“I’m glad you enjoyed it,” I said in a soft voice. I put my phone down again and helped finish up with putting the clean dishes away. “Why do you think that he will leave Despy alone?” I looked up, “Oh, he was so shook when the whippoorwill sang earlier that it spooked the shit out of him.” That caused her to giggle and it took a minute for her to catch her breath. “It worked then.” I saw the evil glint in her eyes, “You didn’t,” I began and she motioned for me to follow her. She grabbed her key ring from the table and we stepped outside. She pressed the button and the song of the whippoorwill began to play. “Fuck, I love you.”

Scene fades as we go back inside.

{In-Studio - Oblivion Ranch - Las Vegas NV - “Blaze of Glory Eleven.”}

The scene opens….

I stand in front of the mirror, jeans, black sleeveless “CCPE” t-shirt, and my usual pair of black cowboy boots. My “Texan” headband to top it off as I turn towards the mic and camera that has already been setup to capture everything. The hours I’ve spent watching tapes of his matches and the promos, it’s time to  prove that shit paid off, I think as I begin to speak

Well, y’all, here we are once again. Another Blaze of Glory Super Card event and another world title to defend.

I take the title belt off of my shoulder and hold it in front of me, I smile down at it and continue. This is such a huge part of what gets me out of bed and ready to take on the world, every goddamn day., I think to myself as I get ready to dig in.

This is not virgin territory for us is it? No, not by any stretch of the imagination. This is the beginning of my fourth reign as Sin City World Champion and seventeenth overall. My fans and myself are comfortable in this position or role, however you want to see it. The thrill of the chase for a title is an amazing high but the defense of the title is where the real joy is for me. The strategy behind it and the sacrifices you must make in order to defend a world title is where the real value is. What you learn from having done this so many times is invaluable. So in light of all of that, let’s talk about your journey Michael Harris. How did you find yourself in pursuit of my title?

I take a moment to formulate my thoughts. so much to say about this self absorbed prick., I think to myself.

When this match was originally announced, I was a little surprised. It’s not often in this business that someone comes in and wins a couple of matches and is booked in the main event of a Super Card. We have a man in Michael Harris that’s been back for a cup of coffee and already has a title shot. None of the long term veterans have shit to say about that? Really? Really. The gatekeepers of Sin City have gone dark it would seem. Maybe it’s just because I’m the one that called it out. That’s okay, I’ll roll with it and do what has to be done in order to defend this title. It goes without saying that I never disregard the man or woman standing across the ring from me. I don’t no sell people, and I try hard not to belittle anyone. One of the things I couldn’t help but notice, was when I went back through the SCW Title history, I saw your brother Calvin won the world title a couple of times. The person I don't see on that list is Michael Harris. Maybe you were going under a different name back then?

I smirk and shake my head in disgust. I know Calvin from other places, this brother of his is a real piece of shit., I think to myself.

How you got here is impressive I’ll say that. The two men you beat have legendary reputations in this business. That is no small feat to have accomplished that. Yes, you won those matches, like myself you want to win by any means necessary. I’m not going to bash you for the way you won those matches, because that would be hypocritical of me to do so.

oh yes I fucking will, this guy is a clown who can’t win clean, I think to myself as I smile.

Actually, yeah, I am. You see, you won’t have that advantage with me however. Your girls won’t be able to help you win this match. It would be best to leave them in the back, if you value them at all. My family has a way of showing up for scenarios like this one. Kim, Kat and occasionally my wife Amber. I don’t need anyone to help me win a match, but they provide me with an insurance policy. Make no mistake about it, this is in no way a threat. That would be the wrong word to use, these are facts, and I’ll try to explain this carefully so a man of your limited intelligence can understand.

fucking asshole, I see you for what you really are, and I’m going to expose you., I think to myself as I begin speaking slower than necessary.

If they interfere with the match in any fashion they will be dealt with. I will not tolerate their shenanigans in this match. So, while you continue to try and chase clout, you need to understand who I am and what I am. I’m the man that put this company on his back for the last 2 years. Your lack of respect for me and what I do is both amusing and intriguing, so I have to ask this question. Who hurt you?

now the real fun begins for me, I think to myself as I start speaking in a normal way again in order to try and get under his skin.

Who was it that damaged you so much that you don’t recognize the very real danger you are in when you come for this title? Did mommy ween you off the tit too early in life? Did daddy not give you the recognition you thought you deserved? Has your baby brother always been so much better at this that you hate him with every fiber of your being? I mean, I see his name in the history books of SCW as being a world champion on more than 1 occasion, isn’t that right? I guess that would make you the lesser Harris.

I smirk at the camera knowing how much that will bother him. suck it up buttercup, I’m about to go deeper I think to myself knowing his brother is a sore subject for him.

That probably makes you more angry than anything else,doesn't it?  I would say I love interacting with you on social media but you don’t interact with anyone on social media. I keep forgetting you’re one of those people who think everyone is beneath them so you don’t respond whether it’s friendly or not. What was it you accused me of? Ah, yes, riding your dick. That's a cute little man, but when someone calls you out for being a douche that’s a far cry from riding anything. You’re out here chasing clout that you don’t have, seeking relevance that doesn’t exist for you. So very narcissistic of you, but really you’re not even the best at that in this company. You’re more of a poor man’s version of Jack Washington at the end of the day.

I raise my hand up to my mouth and make the oh face at the camera.Yes, I went there. I think to myself.

He does the cutting promo way better than you, in case you were wondering. I can say that because I’ve seen both. I always pay attention to everyone’s content that they put out there for the masses. It’s called being a student of the game, you might want to give it a try sometime. It may even help you prepare for a match with me. If you don’t? Well it will all unfold as usual, but hey look at the brightside, you can talk with Jack at the back of the line. I know however that you can’t be bothered with something so very mundane. Isn’t that about right? You believe the details of your opponent, there strengths and weaknesses don’t matter to you. Doing that kind of work is beneath you, isn’t that right, Icon? Well, that’s what you call yourself, it’s not what everyone else calls you. I mean, I’m sure you are iconic at least in your own mind.

So arrogant after being away from this company and returning after a long hiatus. I think to myself as I continue along this line of thinking.

You call yourself, “Iconic”, I don’t know if that’s true? See, the truly iconic men and women that retire from this business don’t have to come back and seek titles. They have already made their mark on the industry and are happy and satisfied with what they’ve done over the course of their career. I would also be remiss if I didn’t mention that when people get beat by me, they tend to go on a long hiatus. Alex Jones hasn’t been seen around here since I beat him. Knox may never be the same again, although he is trying to make a comeback not unlike you. The difference is that Knox I can at least respect. You? Not so much. The most you will get from me is acknowledge the fact that you were gifted a title shot.

I glare at the camera as I think, I remember the disdain I received all too well when I chose my opponent last year.

You sure as hell haven’t earned one.

it’s funny how people think that my being angry is a distraction for me, I channel my anger and it grows as the match moves along. I think as I get ready to wrap this one up.

That’s only required from people I want to fight I guess! They are by far and away, far more talented than you. So enjoy your fifteen seconds of fame, yeah, I said seconds, I didn’t mispeak. You get your bit of time in the spotlight and then you go away like everyone else. I don’t say these things to try and be coy about the situation, I’m being transparent with you. I take this title very seriously. I also take the threat to it seriously, I’ll not have someone like you tarnish it. Nothing you’ve done since arriving here serves as proof that you would do nothing with this belt but diminish its value.

I raise the title back up into the air.

This is the first you’ll see before the match starts, and last thing you’ll see as they say “And Still”.

Fade.

Offline Mac

• View Profile
Re: MAC BANE (c) v MICHAEL HARRIS - World Heavyweight Title
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 08:19:45 PM »
#OOC - it's always a pleasure to write against a great writer, good luck and welcome back to the asylum

“It's always a worthless sort of person who puts himself out in order to get somebody else worked up.”

― Riichi Yokomitsu, Kikai

Foreword

{The Oblivion Ranch - Las Vegas NV - “Fighting The Status Quo”}

Feeling good today as I enter the eerily quiet studio, it never bothers me because frankly that’s the way it’s supposed to be. Soft clothes and sound suppression, we did one hell of a job in this space. Amber helped me to design it and implement every aspect of what’s here. I drape the world title across my shoulder, feeling it’s weight, it feels good to have this back in my possession again. I know the fight I have coming up will be a tough one, but I’ve had tough fights before so I am calm and I am definitely ready. I approach the microphone to begin.

The machine rolls along, never stopping, never taking a break. With the Blast From the Past drawing closer and closer it’s become evident that this tournament needs to be renamed. We should start calling it CCPE vs. SCW. I mean, a good many of the competitors come from CCPE.

I shrug indifferently to my own statement, thinking “it’s just the nature of the business”

Some will remain behind in the company afterward and some will move on, that’s a given anytime there’s a tournament like this. So, Chris and Mark, don’t take it personally. Some in the industry have loyalty to just one company, while others prefer to branch out and ply their trade in several markets, never limiting themselves to just one.

It’s just smart business, I think to myself.

That at least has been my observation over the twenty years I’ve been doing this. Why be company “X” champion when you can go other places and win their belt too? Why face the same people over and over and over again? It becomes predictable and quite frankly boring, especially when the roster is not huge to begin with.

time for some truth, right about now.

CCPE is a great provider of those opportunities and has been since day one. Like everything else there are other options out there as well. Don’t venture outside your comfort zone though, if you’re scared that is. You know the people here and you’re comfortable being a big fish in a small pond, right?

I shrug indifferently again, it’s the way most of the roster thinks.

I should expound on that statement though. That wasn’t aimed at anyone in particular, just a general statement for the people who have ridiculed me and my mercenary ways. The way I started doing business two years ago has given me some enormous paydays, and I’m proud of that fact. There are many in the business that hate what we as an organization represent, not just because of Chris Page.

I shake my head no, thinking, “because we invade their space and take their gold when we fucking want to.

Trust me when I say that there are just as many who hate my ass. Because when someone needs their ass whipped, I’m the first on Chris’ speed dial.

flashing that Bane grin

I get shit done.

Taking on a more serious tone, but allowing the grin to blossom into a smile, I continue.

This life is not for everyone though, it has its hazards and complications. Make no mistakes about it, I love my job. What does this have to do with Blaze Of Glory?

I spread my arms out to the sides and look up at the ceiling, and exclaim.

Everything!

I allow my arms to come back to my sides and I look at the audience.

I tell you these things to explain something that Mikey Harris had to say. Harris, I can talk about how fucking great I am because first and foremost, I am.

I cock my head to the side and smile.

I’ve won world titles all over the world, so I have a track record and a reputation for winning big matches. Sin City didn’t realize that when I was here the first time. When I left due to family issues, I was the roulette champion and undefeated.

I’m 9 and 5 at pay-per-views or super shows if you will.

A short time later, they invited me back for the Blast From The Past tournament. I made the finals the first time in it and would later win my first  SCW world title. One of the records I’ve broken here is the fastest to four reigns as world champion. Seventeen months between my first and fourth. I was also the fastest to triple crown champion status, and the only reason I don’t have a Grand Slam Champions status is they eliminated the tag team divisions.

I glare at the camera and take on a much more stern tone. When I speak it’s barely above the whisper level.

That’s how I can talk about how fucking good I am.

My eyebrows furrow and my tone becomes harsher.

Now if you can’t wrap your pea-sized brain around that, it’s a you problem not a me problem.

I take the belt off of my shoulder, looking down at it I smile. The smile disappears quickly and I raise my other hand and flip off the camera.

Jackass

{Near Downtown - Las Vegas, NV - “ The 7th Calvary”}

The sun’s warmth was a blessing on a chilly day, a lot of people were out today as I came out of the local bakery I’d gone into. My phone began to ring at that moment, the person on the other end of the call was Kim Pain, my sister from another mister so to speak. “Hi Mac, I’m dead…help.”

She had been doing a radio interview and was literally about a hundred yards from where I stood. I could see her back peddling away from a large man. I kicked off in a dead sprint, keeping my eyes locked on her location. I increased my speed as I approached her. He saw me but it didn’t deter him. He still wasn’t moving quickly but his eyes, that told the story, his eyes were full of hate. As I approached her, I yelled out, “duck”, she did but he did not as I hurled myself through the air and punched him in the jaw. We both landed, me on my feet and him on his back. I looked over at her, “You okay?”, she nodded, still shaken. “Yeah, he fucking freaked my right out!” People from the radio station came running outside and the team that had interviewed Kim just moments before were checking on her to make sure she was okay. I stood over the man, trying to place where I’d seen him before.

Within minutes of the incident, Las Vegas PD was on the scene. Kim quickly and calmly explained what had happened to the guy on the ground who still hadn’t come around. I looked at the paramedic as he examined him. “Well, he’s not dead, so there’s that.” He looked up at me as if seeing me for the first time. “I’ll be damned,” he said. “Mr. Bane, wasn’t expecting it to be you but now I understand why he’s still out.” One of the deputies looked up having heard my name mentioned. Jackson Dawson was his name, he and I had been acquainted on several occasions. “Mac, why does it always have to be you?” Kim giggled involuntarily, “How did I know you guys knew each other?” I scratched my beard, “Well Sis, Jack and I have had many opportunities to talk to one another.” Jack chuckled, “Yeah he has this game he likes to play, it’s called how many men can I knock out before the local PD gets a call.” I smiled, “yeah, but I haven’t played that game in a while. I’ve been trying to give you guys a break.”

“Miss Pain told us why and what happened here, Mac, so you’re free to go. We’ve got her statement, and once prince charming over there wakes up, we’ll get his as well.” He paused, “And then we’ll take him downtown and process him for attempted assault.” He shrugged, “That’s really the best I can do for now, he didn’t actually touch her or you. Just be wary, he may decide to press charges against you, Mac.” I laughed at his statement. “Yeah, I’m sure he will. Thanks Jack, I appreciate it.” With that, he went back to his squad car to radio it in. In the meantime, his back up put cuffs on the man on the ground, lifting him up and carried him to their squad car. They slid him in, head first. The two officers just shook their heads and laughed.” One of them went over to Jack’s car to let him know, “Hey, we’re taking him to Mercy first and then back to the precinct.” He nodded acknowledging the information. He went back to his car, started it and then pulled out into the heavy flow of traffic. I looked over to my right and spotted a taxidermy shop. Of all the things to see, a stuffed whippoorwill with a child's teddy bear sitting behind it. “Fuck me,” I muttered to myself. Refocusing on my baby sister, I needed to be certain she was okay. I also had a bone to pick with her about communication.

I looked over at Kim, “Tell me again why I had to hear you in a radio interview to know you’re in town?” Her face flushed in that moment as it often does when she’s being chastised by me. “Sorry..,” she started to say as I pulled her in for a hug. “I’m glad you’re okay but next time, keep your brothers in the loop.” She hugged me back, “You’re an asshole, did you know that?” I smiled down at her, “Yes ma’am and that’s one of my more endearing qualities.” She slapped me in the chest for making her feel guilty about it and then we headed off to find lunch.

{The Oblivion Ranch - Las Vegas NV - “The Dead Continue to Rise”}

“So, Mac, have you ever heard of Project Whippoorwill,” Jeff asked me via the speaker. He had called me about three p.m. I stood there shocked, “No, but that word keeps coming up all over the place.” I heard a sharp intake of breath from the phone. “Yeah, it’s an old project in our files, you’ll never guess who authored this.” I sighed, “Rear Admiral Gomez.” I heard him chuckle softly, “Give that man a cigar,” he said with more volume to his voice. “Beware the song of the whippoorwill,” I mused. Jeff paused for a moment, “You’ve no idea how prophetic that is,” pausing again, I could hear him take a drink, probaby scotch, then I noticed my own was empty. I went to the bar with the phone in hand. Pouring myself a drink, I could hear him laugh, “Little early in the day, ain’t it?” Now it was my turn to laugh, “Why’s that, I don’t have to work tomorrow.” “Touche my friend,” he said in a more somber voice. “How soon can you be in Maryland,” he asked me. I stopped for a moment, “won’t be anytime soon, I have matches on Sunday and Monday.” A pause on his end, “I’ll double check and see if we have a scif in Vegas.” I pause for a moment, “What you need to tell me must be classified, even after all of this time.”

I heard clicking from his end as he typed away on his keyboard. “There it is, I’ll shoot you the address, can you be there tonight to discuss this”, he asked in a hurried voice. “Yeah, send it to me and I’ll be there.” He was struggling with something, probably that god awful jacket he wears. “I’ll be there by eight tonight.” “Alright, that’ll give me about four hours.” The address came through and I ended the call. I looked up at the mantle over the fireplace, where our world title belts rested, wedged in between them was a small stuffed animal. I smiled, realizing how Despy was able to know what was being said, I tipped my ball cap to the little bear and laughed, “Well played my friend, well played.” I saw the questioning look from Kim as I said it and smiled, “long story,” I replied to the unasked question. She shrugged in response, “Kat should have been here by now.” I nodded and then heard the back door open. Kat walked into the room moments later and launched into a tackle hug causing me to laugh. “I missed you too, little sister.” She smiled at me, “At least I caused you to take a step back this time.”

I scratched my bear for a moment and shot her a smile and a wink. “But did you?” She slapped my arm in response. I looked over at Kim, “See, she made sure I knew she was coming to Vegas. It’s one of the reasons she’s my favorite.” Kim crossed her arms and sat back on the couch forcibly. “Oh, someone is in trouble,” Kat said with a coy smile on her face. Kim stuck her tongue out and I laughed. “Be right back,” I said over my shoulder as I headed to the kitchen. I returned a short time later with coffee and small Kat-Like pastries. Kat looked at me, “I never would have thought,” I nodded, “I have to keep y’all on your toes.” Setting the tray down, they began pouring coffee and grabbing the pastries. They started looking at me with strange looks. “What? I’m not allowed to know how to cook?” They almost choked on the pastries that they had just bit into. Kat swallowed the first bite down, “It’s not that, these are every bit as good as mine!” She almost screamed it as she said it. I laughed, “Doubtful,” was all I said.

I grabbed my cup of coffee, black as my soul is what some would say. I smiled at the thought of that, because they are not far from the truth. They just don’t realize it yet. “Shall we take this outside, so I can have a cigarette,” I asked them. They shrugged and followed me to the door. I opened it for them and they stepped through the door. I stepped out behind them and shut the door behind me. “Beautiful day,” I said to no one in particular.

Kat eyed me for a moment, “Strategy for your match,” she began. “That’s the easy part, I just need you both to make sure that his wives are not a factor in this match.” Kim’s eyes lit up and I smiled at her, “By any means necessary.” Her smile got big just then. I laughed because even though they are both wrestlers, I sometimes forget how much they love to fight. “Thats nice and all, Mac, but it’s kind of vague,” Kat said to me. I nodded, “That’s intentional, Kat, I trust you both, I’m leaving it up to your discretion. You both have manager's licenses, yeah?” They both nodded and dug them out of their respective purses. Showing them to me, I smiled, “Good deal, that’s all you really need.” I cleared my throat, “When and how you take care of the problem is up to you. All I ask is that you make certain that they are not a factor.” They both smiled evilly and I laughed. “This ought to be an interesting night.”

[Fade]

Three and a half hours later

The night air was brisk, I thought to myself as I hit the offramp. There was no one around me so I was able to coast into the parking lot. Following Jeff’s instructions I went behind the building. There was a half wall on the other side of the dumpster that I could hide my bike behind, so I killed the motor and applied gentle pressure to my brakes. I circled around the dumpster and parked in a position that would allow for an easy get away if I needed it. You never really know how secure these scifs really were. I saw one of the alphabet boys(FBI) near the back door of the building. Just out of site there was a sniper that was there as backup in case he was needed. Protocol was being followed very closely, I glanced up and two more men were on the roof. That told me how serious this was and how I probably didn’t want to have any involvement in it. I parked my Harley and carefully swung my right leg up and over the seat. Trying my best to make no noise as I scanned the area. Once I was certain that everything was legit I came out into the lights of the parking lot.

The agent that was closest to the door spotted me and used his radio to inform the others, I assumed. I held my hands out away from my sides as I approached. “I’m expected,” I said as I continued to approach. He nodded and motioned me forward. They searched me and found no weapons or digital devices they buzzed me in. “Someone on the other side will guide you to your destination,” the young man said in a flat tone. I didn’t speak in return, I went forward entering into the building, on the other side was another young man. He waited after I released the door to make certain it went firmly back into place with an audible click. He double checked the door, and then motioned for me to follow him. He led me through the twisting corridors and finally to a room that essentially was at the end of a dead end. “Castello is waiting for you in there,” he said as he turned to walk away. “Thanks,” I replied to him as I moved forward and grabbed the door handle. Twisting it, I could feel the slight resistance of the mechanism as I pushed it forward.

Inside I found Jeff Castello, one of my oldest friends, and a stack of documents in front of him. The stack stood about 3 to 4 inches in height. It ranged from manilla envelopes to pictures to a thumb drive sitting on top. I shut the door behind me and shook Jeff’s hand. “Talk to me, goose,” I said in amusement. He rolled his eyes a bit and laughed. “You are insufferable at times, did you know that,” he asked me in a voice full of humor. I winked at him, “I do know that, it’s another of my endearing traits.” He grabbed the thumb drive and handed it to me, “You’re cleared for that, you having it won’t be a problem.” I took the drive and stuffed it in my jeans pocket.” “What is on it,” I asked.

“That my friend is everything we were able to find on this project of Gomez’s. His hands are in so many pies, it’s fucking ridiculous.” I was taken aback, not because it was Gomez but Jeff’s tone and abuse of the English language. He was just a man who didn’t cuss, hardly ever. “It must be bad if your cussing, Jeff.” He hung his head and shook his head. “Yeah, it's been some long days since I left your place, Mac.” He raised his head back up and leaned on the table using his forearms to brace himself. “This came from the top, the eagle wants this to go away.” I sat back in my chair, when the president wants something to go away that means right now. “Wet work for me,” I asked him. “Maybe,” I said hesitantly. “You won’t like it,” he stated. My mind raced with the many possibilities of people I wouldn’t want to take out. There were many friends I had among active duty and retired military. “Someone I know, I take it?” He nodded somberly, “Yeah, you actually ran into him today,” he said to me with a wry smile. “Or, I should say he ran into your fist.” That caught my attention and I started asking questions in rapid fire sequence. “I know the incident, but what’s his name? I knew he was familiar to me but I couldn’t place a name with his face.”

Jeff held up his hands in mock surrender, “you knew him well, but he’s not the same man that you knew. Otherwise you’d have put a bullet in his head over twenty years ago.” Something in my mind slid into place like the last piece of a jigsaw puzzle. “William Broome,” I said quietly. Jeff nodded his confirmation. “Yes, he was a volunteer for this project. That happened several years after your discharge. I didn’t tell you back then when it first happened because I didn’t want you to do something foolish.” I nodded and chuckled, “You always knew me better than I probably knew myself. Billy was a good friend to me back then, a bit neurotic at times but a good kid.” Jeff smiled that dad-like smile, “Yes he was, unfortunately the project he went through eliminated most of who he was as a person.” I shake my head in disgust, “How deeply involved in this was Gomez,” I asked fearing the answer but I needed to know since he just resurfaced in my life. “He was entrenched in this madness.” I started to say something but Jeff cut me off. “

“He escaped prosecution because of the political favors he was owed,” Jeff said in a flat voice. “Why was Billy going after my sister though?” He sighed, “We think it was a coincidence, maybe she resembled someone he was targeting, we’re not entirely sure.” I buried my face in my hands and scrubbed my face. “He was arrested after he went after Kim, he should still be in the county lock up.” He shook his head indicating that was not the case. “It took one of Gomez’s men less than half an hour to get him out on bail.” “I need names Jeff, Gomez recently resurfaced in connection with a preacher that Amber and I happen to know. He is being blackmailed and needs help getting out from under it.” I stood and started pacing the room, “What if it’s not a coincidence, that puts my entire family in jeopardy.” He looked up at me in shock, “Preacher? MCcray? Oh this just gets better and better.” I gave him a sharp look, “You know that guy?” He looked at me, “I know of him, he’s one of the top information brokers on the east coast in addition to being the most popular religious leader outside of the vatican.

“The real question, Mac, is how do you know him,” he asked me. “My wife had dealings with the guy way back in her past. When our garage got torched, he volunteered to help us get things up and running again. His caveat was that we would owe him a favor down the road.”  Jeff leaned back in his chair and let a low whistle escape him, “So you cut a deal with the devil…”

{The Oblivion Ranch - Las Vegas NV - “Information” }

The next morning as the sun was coming up, I could smell the coffee and something that smelled like a Kat breakfast. In my brain, I got the warming sensation from my sisters as I stretched. I could smell the cinnamon, so I knew Amber was nearby. I spotted the light on in the bathroom from under the door and could faintly hear the water running as she brushed her teeth. I grabbed some sweats  from the bedside table, socks from the top drawer of that table. I slid my slippers on and pulled a t-shirt over my head. It was Vegas but these tile floors were still cold first thing in the morning. Jackson Walker was a good cop and a friend of mine, he was always patient with me when I’d been in a spot of trouble. Usually for fighting but there had been other things as well. Now, even though I didn't want to, I needed to ask a favor of him. So I picked up my phone and called him. He was off today so at least I wouldn’t be bugging him during his shift.

“Hey Jackson,” I said in a friendly way, “got a favor I need to ask.” He yawned in my ear, “Mac, do you know what time it is?” I grinned, “Yes, it’s a quarter after eight.” I could hear the annoyance when he responded, “Oh, it’s later than I thought, sorry for being short with you buddy, whatcha need?” I took a deep breath, “it’s kind of a big thing, not a small favor. I need the name of the individual who bailed that monster out yesterday.” He chuckled, “Not big at all, because I was still at the precinct when the dude showed up.” I sighed a sigh of relief, “What’s the name,” I asked as patiently as I could. “Alistair Mc…something…” I jumped in, “McCray?” “yeah that was it.” “Thanks Jackson, I owe you yet another one.” he laughed, “I’m fine being repaid in BBQ, Mac, your brisket is amazing!” I laughed, “Sure thing my friend, swing by later this afternoon around five and I’ll have some ready for you.” He closed the connection from his end and I sat on the edge of the bed thinking about how these people are all connected.

“I heard a familiar name just now,” Amber said from the doorway. I looked up and smiled at my barely clothed and dried wife, “Yeah, you did. Have you talked to Kim or Kat this morning,” I asked her? “Kim told me about the incident yesterday. “How was your meeting with Jeff?” “Educational  and might help with our other project.” I thought for a moment, “William A. Broome the third was a man I was stationed with. He took part in a project, can you guess the name of it?” She looked at me, “Please don’t tell me it’s Whippoorwill, no…Mac…” I smiled in return, “Give that lady a cigar,” I mused out loud. “That project transformed my friend from a kind and gentle soul to what attacked Kim yesterday. We were lucky I was nearby and put a stop to it. He was arrested and then made bail within 30 minutes of his arrival. Can you guess who bailed him out?” She shook her head in disgust, “McCray…Jesus Mac.” I nodded, “Coffee and breakfast, love, we can talk about the rest after Kat heads out.”

[the scene fades]

Approximately two hours later

With the breakfast dishes done and Kat on her way to a meeting with Chris, we headed outside. The back porch had become a good place for us to talk. I lit a cigarette, inhaling deeply and then exhaling slowly. “Glad she doesn’t live with us, I’d be back over three hundred pounds in no time,” I quipped to Amber. “So, yeah, McCray bailed this guy out. Yet another man that I thought died long ago.” She looked at me curiously, “So do these ops types fake their deaths often?” She said it with a straight face and a tone that was so normal that I almost missed the sarcasm. “I’m beginning to rub off on you,” I smiled in response as she took a small bow. “On a more serious note, it’s situational, Red.” She looked at me, no amusement now, “Situational? How so?” I took another drag of my smoke, “In some circles within the military they’ll do it to hide their tracks when the crime they’ve committed is heinous enough.” As I looked at her, I made sure that there was no trace of amusement in my voice or on my face.

“Fuck, you’re serious,” she almost yelled it as she said it. “I knew that Amber had seen a lot of shit in her time but I doubted she had any exposure to military types or the lengths they would go to in order to get what they wanted.” “I am dead serious, Red. These people make the mob look like rank amateurs when it comes to by any means necessary.” She sat back in her chair, cupping her coffee in both hands. I knew when the goosebumps appeared on her arms, it wasn’t because she was cold. It was something she wasn’t used to.

Fear.

“How do we navigate this,” she asked with no hint of fear in her voice. I touched her leg, squeezing just above the knee. “It would be my preference if it wasn’t for us having to navigate this at all, but it’s the favor McCray called in, so we have to figure this out. I’ve got some photos inside, you’ll want to memorize the faces. These are extremely dangerous men, Red. They will kill without hesitation regardless of how smart we think we are. They have been trained for that one thing.

The death of their enemies. The one thing we have on our side right now is that they don’t know you at all and Broome didn’t get a good look at me. Not that he would recognize me these days anyway. “What we have to do, is the thing we are not good at, Amber, caution. We have to be cautious about how we play this.” She looked over at me, she wasn’t overwhelmed but was getting there. “I got you, Red, Always.” That brought the first genuine smile I’d seen from her in a while. She extended her hand pinky first, I matched that motion with my own. A pinky promise with a wife or daughter was the most solemn vow a man could ever make.

{The crooked M Ranch - Port Arthur, Texas - “Step Up Or Shut Your Mouth..”}

Standing on the front porch of my house in Port Arthur, I look out at the vastness of the land I own. Cows and horses off in the distance enjoying the sun. The mothers lay in the shade while their calves frolic and play. It always makes me smile when I see it. I picked up my tool belt and placed it on my shoulder, it was time to get some work done. I look directly at the audience and smile.

You honestly have no idea do you?

Smirking at the audience I continue to walk towards the nearest fence line.

The insults you put out there to try and get me spun up, third grade level bush league horseshit.

I stop at the fence and take the tool belt and fasten it around my waist.

If you expect me to get spun up about something, you’ll want to use some originality and maturity with your words. But, hey that’s just me, so while you languish in preteen humor, I’ll swing a little harder in order to show you how it’s actually done.

The last storm that blew through here damaged the fences, straight line 85 mile an hour winds will do that, I think to myself. A roll of barbed wire is nearby and it’s quick work to get that fed through the fencing.

The only reason I said anything at all to you or about you is that you put your hands on a non-combatant, not once but twice. You fucked up with the second one though, didn’t you? Yeah, laid your hands on Chris Underwood, who by the way had a hall of fame career himself.  I’m not the first guy, I am more than capable of fighting back. My own career is still very much alive, and kickin’.

I shake my head in disgust, I’m looking forward to taking this chump’s head off, I think to myself as I twist the near end strand to secure it.

I get that it bothered you the way I reacted to the situation, but that’s because if you’re not the biggest prick in the conversation it means you’ve failed. There’s an old saying about that, “if you’re going to be a dick, you’d better be hard.”.

I begin running the next strand, repeating the previous process.

You’re not, your two wives must be terribly disappointed. You are aware that shit is illegal in most states right? Poloygomy is just….why? Did you get tired of disappointing one woman and had to go for more?

I shrug my shoulders in indifference and smile in amusement.[/i[
They’re not like cats, you know? You can’t go down to the shelter and pick up a second one because the first one is unhappy and misbehaving. Did she need a friend?

I know I won’t get a response to that question in his next promo but I’m amused by my own statement anyway.

See what I did there?

I chuckle softly as I prepare to address the statement of being scared of him. What a fucking tool, I think to myself as I continue.

So, you think I’m scared of you. Why would anyone be scared of a person most people have never heard of? You’ve got to remember man, this is a different time for the men who’ve been around for a while. I’ve been doing this for over twenty years. The chances of me being scared of anything…there’s two chances actually.

frowning at the camera, I continue.

Slim

And none

Bitch.

When I think of all the forward operations missions I completed for the government, for someone thinks they’re enough to cause me to be fearful has to be a joke, doesn’t it?

I haven’t been scared of anything since the last days of my deployment to Afghanistan. When you’ve watched men and women die, live and in color, very little will ever affect you again.

my tone in the reproach was just stern enough that it should penetrate the thickest of skulls.

Desperation; interesting choice of words. Do I look like I’m panicking just because a guy who’s been back for a cup of coffee gets a shot at this?

I motion towards my scw title belt that is currently hanging from the side mirror of the truck that's nearby.

Desperate? Why would I be? Because I think you can beat me? Chief, let me explain it to you. I don’t have to punch down, every man who steps in that ring with me raises there game to a level they didn’t think they could. You go ahead and talk down about people like Bill B. He fought me harder in that match with the title on the line than he ever has before. The man that held this belt previously? Same thing and he’s been my friend for two decades, he wanted this more than anything. I expect the same from you, if you don’t this will be the shortest title match in the history of this company.

I smirk at the audience as I use a more friendly tone

If you don’t raise your game to the appropriate level, I’ll add you to the list of men who’ve let me down. You’ll all be invited to my funeral so you can let me down one last time.

I switch back to the stern tone without sounding overly hostile

When it comes to the gold I hold, I take that very seriously. I’m taking you seriously as well, don’t worry your little head about that.

My tone doesn’t change but I smile a smile that most would consider feral or that of a predator

As for the credit you deserve, when you win clean with no interference and no shortcuts, that’s when you’ll receive it. I may not always do things the right way, but I don’t take shortcuts to win matches, because I don’t have to.

Allowing for the smile to fade, the harshness of my voice increases so he knows the level of danger that I present

I’ve been the single most dominant force in this company for the last two years. That’s right, I’ve been the main event here and have no intention of relinquishing that to you or anyone else. Here’s the real kicker for ya, even when I wasn’t the champion, I was still the top draw in this company.

[I shake my head in amusement as I continue.

Don’t worry fella, the pain turns into a numbing sensation over time. Ask around, most of the guys around here have become accustomed to playing second fiddle to me except for those that don’t have to. Those people are friends of mine, the rest are like you, in the fucking way. “In the way” is not a great place to be, I have references or retirement announcements if you’d prefer.

I cock my head to the side like a curious animal

It’s even more rare that I get to face someone who’s older than I am. Only by a couple of years though, you’ve had two matches since your arrival. Evidently your cardio is good and you’ve shown you’ve got some endurance. Even more surprising is that neither of your opponents have truly tested you. Of course there’s that whole cheating thing that you do, right?

I bark a laugh at the audience, and then pause but only for a moment

Makes it a bit easier to get victories, but hey, I’m not judging you, that’s what wrestling fans are for.

I smirk again, just amused at myself mostly.

Our match for the world title is going to be different, I guarantee it. I’m going to push you to the breaking point. I’ll test the structural integrity of your joints. I’ll test the structural integrity of your heart. I’m going to break you Harris.

I smile as I finish up the section of fence, having replaced one of the posts, I pick up my sledgehammer and with an overhead swing, I drive my points home.

You’re a shell of the man you used to be and even in your prime you weren’t half the man that I am. I told you I would snap you out of your dream because that’s all it was. I mean you tried so hard to be the bad guy in this but you’re not. When you lose and you will lose, it’s only then that you’ll wake up and realize it was the worst nightmare you’ve ever had.
my demeanor and my tone return to a friendlier state.

I do understand the hunger for the gold, it is why we all do this, but that’s not really looking all that great for you right now.

Making that tsk tsk sound, I smile and mouth the words no

I can tell you want this belt, you’re hungry, and your desperate to have some clout in this industry again. You won’t get it off me old man, your comeback story is about to come to a screeching end, courtesy of yours truly.

I smile a really big Texas smile as I continue down this path.

Never fear my man, there will be plenty of company where you're headed. There are a lot of people at the back of the fucking line.

Fade.

Offline Michael Harris

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
Rot In Hell
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2023, 10:09:15 PM »

| OUT OF CHARACTER | Roleplay ends at 6834 according to google docs… And this wraps it up. My first “real feud” back with this character, and the first true test I’ve had in years. Here’s hoping all ends well for me, lol. All the best dude, GGs.

Date: November 22nd, 2015
Time: 8:45 PM

The arena was incredibly loud at that point. Even all the way backstage in the locker room area, the crowd could be heard. Things were very much going well for those within the audience. However there was one person that things weren’t going well for. That person just happened to be the wrestling sensation, Michael Harris. He sat there in a steel chair covered in sweat and blood. His breathing was heavy. Needless to say all the way around he looked rough. All of this was thanks to the match he had just had with his nephew. Having a no disqualification rule really took things to a different level.

A level that he didn’t even think was possible after all his legendary hardcore matches. All of the sudden that locker room door of his came open. Stepping into the room with a little bit of attitude in her step was his wife. Looking as pregnant as could be. Carmen just put her hands on her hips and proceeded to glare right at him. The saying if looks could kill held more true in this moment than any other time in history. Harris briefly looked up at her, before looking away simply shaking his head. It’s almost like he knew what was going to come next.

The Spiciest Woman Alive
CARMENRIVERA-HARRIS
Are you happy now? Was it worth it?!

The rage in her voice was indescribable. Nothing about what had happened out there made her happy. For several different reasons. Of course despite her voicing her displeasure. She wasn’t getting what she wanted just yet as he refused to look up at her.

The Spiciest Woman Alive
CARMENRIVERA-HARRIS
You go and pick a goddamn fight with Calvin. You put that damn boy’s back against the wall. You get inside his head week after week until you get him to agree to take you on in a No Disqualification match with his career on the line. And what the hell happens? You let him beat the ever living shit out of you. Look at you. You’re a fucking mess. You’re barely alive!

Her words were beating him down. Now was that the goal she was after? Of course not. If there was anyone that believed in him more than he believed in himself it was her. However after watching what took place at nearly nine months pregnant. It had taken a toll on her and caused her to lash out. But again, Harris didn’t look at her. He continued to look down at the floor where the blood from the open wound on his head continued to drip.

The Spiciest Woman Alive
CARMENRIVERA-HARRIS
I thought you knew what you were doing. I thought you had this in the bag. I never thought for a single solid second you would lose to him. Especially in a setting that you’ve ended careers in. What the hell happened out there? What the hell happened to you?!

In the midst of trying to make things make sense. She was laying it on thicker and thicker with each word that came out of her mouth. It was causing a rage to build deep down inside of him. To the point that he suddenly stood up in a fit of rage and shouted at her.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Just shut the fuck up!

He glared right at her when those words came out of his mouth. Of course, Carmen wasn’t one to back down either. Glaring right back at him. Harris found himself raking his hands through his sweat and blood soaked hair getting it out of his face.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
You think that’s what I wanted to fucking happen? You really believe that I wanted to be embarrassed in front of thousands by that shit-stain?! You think I want to be standing here bleeding with every ounce of my body in fucking pain, Carmen?! Use your brain for a second!

This was turning into a war of words. A war of insults towards one another. Something that happened with any couple, especially with tensions ran high. Of course it appeared as if they were objecting their anger and their rage out on all the wrong people.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
I never thought Calvin would have it in him to go the distance. I wanted to end his career so badly and move on to becoming a World Champion again. And nothing I did worked. Nothing I did made a difference. He kept getting back up. He kept fighting. He kept air in his lungs. I don’t understand it! This was mine for the taking!

Based on the irrational pacing back and forth. The way he tugged on his hair like a mad man. It was all the signs that said Harris was losing his mind. This loss was too much for him to handle. After all, his entire career was based on being a legend. It was based on coming out on top in every situation hardcore situation. Harris always got the last laugh, and in this very situation that wasn’t the case. It was causing a mental breakdown.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Think about how long I’ve been doing this. Every championship I’ve won. Every accolade I have ever achieved. Every main event I’ve been a part of. Every single time my face has been on a flier. I have been everything to this fucking business and then some. Calvin is in it for a cup of coffee and suddenly he’s better than me?! Everything you said is right. He made me look like trash. I was embarrassed. I was made to look like I didn’t belong. How the hell can I live with that? How the hell can I go forward? How does my career mean anything after that?!

There was a look on his face that had never been seen before. It was a look that made him come off as if he was completely and utterly broken. Just a look of sadness, he found himself just staring off with that look. Uttering his next impactful words.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
That’s it… I’m done!

As soon as those words came out of his mouth. Carmen’s eyebrow raised as she looked more confused than anything else.

The Spiciest Woman Alive
CARMENRIVERA-HARRIS
You’re done with what?

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
I’m done wrestling!

Reality was that no one in this sport could do this forever. Harris was lucky to have gotten a good fifteen plus years out of the business at this stage in his life. But to let those words actually come out of his mouth was something else. It just seemed to hit differently. The sheer shock and confused look on Carmen’s face continued to paint that picture. She didn’t even seem to have words to continue the conversation, but he did.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
If I can’t beat someone like Calvin. If I can’t hold my own in a setting that I have dominated in for years. If I can’t become a threat to a World Championship in today’s settings. If I can’t compete on the level of this younger generation. Then, I don’t belong. That’s it. I’m done. I’m retiring!

His words seemed to ring throughout the entire locker room. He had finally stopped pacing back and forth. Although he still looked as angry as ever. Being forced to come to a realization that he never thought was possible.

The Spiciest Woman Alive
CARMENRIVERA-HARRIS
Wait a minute. Let’s no over—

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Don’t, just don’t even bother. I said what I said. I’m done!

Not another word fell from his lips. Nor was Carmen even given a chance to say anything more. Harris walked away from her disappearing into the bathroom of the locker room. Slamming the door shut behind him with some force. The very pregnant Carmen just stood there in that state of shock, leaning against the wall. Being forced to come to terms with a decision that would no doubt change their life going forward. In that moment it would appear that it was a decision made, and it would be a decision that lasted for almost ten years…

I don’t think it’s a figment of my imagination at all.

Those words were stated clearly by a very familiar voice. Of course that voice belonged to the man that referred to himself as “The Icon”. Harris was sitting right there on a long black couch and looking at a woman that sat across from him in a big chair. Clipboard in her hand just looking back at him with a confused look on her face.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Every single time I’m alone. I can hear the devil’s voice. I hear all these threats. At times I can’t even control myself as a person. I lose control of my ability to walk, talk, and even think. I really think there’s something wrong.

Each word that came out of his mouth. The woman that sat across from him seemed to be listening to what he was saying, but of course there were some very judgmental faces being made. He could see it and it was starting to irritate him.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
I didn’t come here to be judged you fucking twat. Are you going to help me? Offer me some type of advice or am I just wasting my fucking time here?

His irritation was very much heard in his voice. That being said the therapist found herself placing the clipboard down at her side as she found herself sitting up. Making sure to keep an eye contact.

The Therapist
MICHELLEDOUGLAS
Listen Mr. Harris, I wholeheartedly believe that you’re going through something mentally. That’s no question about that. However if you’re expecting me or anyone else to buy into the fact that some devil or demon is living inside of you. Taking control of your every action or even threatening your life. That’s simply just not going to happen.

A brief shake of her head was clear. Her judgemental eyes continued to stay locked on his. It was further getting under his skin and leading to his blood boiling, but before he could say anything she was speaking to him once again.

The Therapist
MICHELLEDOUGLAS
What I think is happening is you’re having a little bit of a mental breakdown. You’ve spent so much time away from wrestling after what was a successful career. That you’ve got this belief that you have to come out on top. You have to win this match. You have to become a champion. That’s a lot to put on yourself after a near ten year long absence. In reality it’s okay to have lost a step and not to win something so precious to your sport so quickly. Point, I’m trying to make is I believe the pressure you’re putting on yourself is causing a chemical imbalance and therefore leading to hallucinations.

As soon as those words came from her mouth. Harris immediately stood up in a fit of rage.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Hallucinations?!

He could feel his face just turning beat-red.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
I’m not like the other fucking whack jobs that come in and out of this office. There’s nothing wrong with me mentally. I’m perfectly sane, but there is something inside of me! Something that’s going to cause me to do some very dangerous things.

Harris continued to glare at her. His rage was really consuming him at that point. Unable to even attempt to calm himself at that point.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
You know what?! If you don’t want to listen to me. If you and everyone else I’ve told doesn’t want to take me fucking seriously. Then so be it… what happens on sunday. It’s going to be just as much on your hands as it is on mine!

Before she could get another word in edgewise. Harris found himself stomping towards the door and yanking it open. Damn near ripping it off the hinges with how mad he was. Right out the door slamming it shut with all his might. Causing the photos and plaques inside the room to shake on the walls. This was becoming too much for him. He was on edge. His mind was shot. It was making him feel like he was going insane and nothing made it better. No one would listen or help. All Harris could do at that point is hope that if he walked away with the championship on Sunday. It would all stop. It would all go away, but at this point it seemed like that was just a big dream.

Date: March 7th, 2023
Time: 10:30 AM

Here we are just five days away from Blaze of Glory taking place in Las Vegas, Nevada. All around the city there were billboards and fliers. Radio shows and local television shows were constantly talking about the event. As it should, it was becoming the talk of the entire city. Nothing on the show was bigger than the SCW Heavyweight Championship match between the champion Mac Bane and the challenger, Michael Harris. All eyes were on that match up. It was the selling point to everything. Many have said it was going to be history in the making.

In that being said Harris himself had finally made it to Vegas. Of course, he wasn’t alone. Both wives were in tow, but at this particular moment. He was being followed by a cameraman while they walked through a somewhat empty parking lot. As the cameras panned out a little and focused on where Harris was walking. He was making a beeline right for the doors of a Church. He was starting to approach the steps to head up them when the cameraman behind the lens found himself speaking up.

The Cinema Mastermind
JONATHANPETERS
Uh… hold on a second sir!

His words got Harris to stop in his tracks as he turned back towards the man. A slightly annoyed look filling up his expression.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
What the hell am I holding on for?!

The Cinema Mastermind
JONATHANPETERS
I am pretty sure we’re not allowed to film in a setting like this. Don’t think the pastor or priest would be very accepting of it. It’s just a respect thing you know?

Harris continued to look back at the camera man. Not looking thrilled in the least bit, he found himself taking a step back down those steps and approaching the camera man. Getting real close and personal.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Let me ask you a question… What are you paid for?

The Cinema Mastermind
JONATHANPETERS
I’m paid to film this documentary you’ve got coming out for the pay per view.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Exactly. So you’re not paid to think. You’re not paid to have respect. You’re not paid to have any concern about how someone may or may not feel. Right?

The Cinema Mastermind
JONATHANPETERS
Well, I guess when you put it like that. No, that’s not what I’m paid for.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Then shut the hell up and do your job!

Harris gave the cameraman a little shove causing him to rock backwards and lose focus with the camera for a brief second. As soon as his balance was regained Harris had already hustled up those steps of the church as he quickly followed. Moments later Harris was standing in the church, looking around. Being a tuesday, it wasn’t very busy. Just the usual in-house people being there. As he looked around seemingly looking for something specific. When all of the sudden his eyes lit up with a smirk on his face. A look that made you think he was up to no good.

Taking a couple of steps towards his right and in doing so it was clear what he was going for. Right before him was a confessional booth. Grabbing one of the doors, he found himself going inside and making room for the camera man to follow in pursuit. Making it quite the tight fit to say the very least. As well as the whole situation being rather awkward, but this is all for a documentary. All of the sudden a little door could be seen being pushed to the side revealing a priest in the next booth over. The silence was broken almost instantly.

The Priest
FATHERANDREW
What brings you to me today, my child?

Such a deep voice filled the booth. Harris just made a mocking type face as those words escaped the priest’s mouth. Giving the belief that this was not going to be taken seriously. At least not on his end.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Let’s not make it weird, creep. I have come here today not to seek counsel, but instead to inform. For this sunday, I am going to commit what you people would consider an unforgivable sin. A sin that as far I am concerned needs to happen.

The Priest
FATHERANDREW
Now wait just a minute. If you haven’t committed the sin. It’s not too late to make sure it doesn’t happen. Especially if it’s being described as unforgivable. Please explain. Allow me to try and help you avoid such a mistake.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
There’s just two things wrong with your statement. First one being, you can’t help me. Nor can your supposed God. I’ve been damned for a long time. A lost cause, if you will. Been that way since I was about seven years old. There’s no amount of words, prayer, or bible scriptures that exist in one of your many fictitious books that can put a stop to what I’m about to do this coming Sunday.

For a brief moment there was a pause on his end. Although the priest couldn’t really see it thanks to the screen that separated them. However there was quite the devilish grin on his lips. To match there was an almost soulless look in his eyes.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
And that brings me to the second thing wrong with your statement. I don’t consider what I’m about to do to be a mistake. In fact I consider it a spiritual awakening.

The Priest
FATHERANDREW
A spiritual awakening? Son, I think you’re very confused right now. There is no sin that could ever cause someone to have a spiritual awakening!

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Again you’re wrong. See that’s the problem with people like you. You have lived your entire life based on a lie in a book and a lie of a man that lives in the sky. So much in fact that you’ve never truly lived for yourself. I, on the other hand, have always lived for myself. And that’s why I know that what I do on Sunday will be a spiritual awakening for me. Nothing is going to bring me more joy and more fulfillment than having another man’s blood on my hands.

Another brief pause of silence consumed both Harris and the Priest. More than anything it appeared as if the Priest was in shock to hear what was being told to him. That much could be heard in his tone of voice.

The Priest
FATHERANDREW
Another man’s blood? On your hands?

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Oh yes. Sounds exciting doesn’t it?

The Priest
FATHERANDREW
No, not at all. Now listen—

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Did you not hear me the first time when I said I wasn’t here to seek counsel? And what’s the point of these things if you don’t ever shut the hell up?!

Such a disgusted look filled Harris’ expression for that brief moment.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Like I said I just want to be informed. You see everyone in this city is excited for a little event known as Blaze of Glory. People from all over the country and even other countries are flying out to see this thing. They just love them some good ol’ fashion pro wrassling. But what you don’t understand yet and what they won’t understand until Sunday is… they’re not going to see a pro wrestling match. They’re not going to see two men slug it out for the SCW Heavyweight Championship. They’re not going to see a history in the making. Instead what is going to be seen is the sacrificing of Mac Bane’s career!

The sheer evil that seemed to be living in those eyes was coming out with each word. It was almost like this statement was providing him with a sense of satisfaction he had never felt before.

The Priest
FATHERANDREW
Look if this is some… storyline of yours to help build something? I do not want myself or my church to be a part of it. This is not what we are for!

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Trust me Father, that’s not what this is for. Not even a little bit. I simply just want someone to know that a sacrifice will be made. I want someone to hear me out when I tell them. The thirst I have for blood keeps me up at night. I want someone to hear me out when I tell them that when I do sleep at night. I have vivid dreams of listening to Mac’s screams as I snap his bones like twigs. I have thoughts about what his wife is going to be feeling as she watches me beat his lifeless body from one side of the ring to the other. I literally cannot wait to hear his shallow breath as he begs me not to end his career. It just brings so much joy into my heart!

His eyes continued to glow with the evil.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
You know when I think about it Father. I don’t even know if taking his career is going to satisfy me enough. Sure, like I said the thought brings such joy into my heart. But I don’t think true happiness will be bestowed on me with his career ending. Maybe just maybe, I should go one step further and take his fucking life with my bare hands!

The priest could feel literal chills running down his spine and his blood running cold as Harris spoke to him through that screen. It was too much to put up with, too much to handle. That very moment the Priest found himself standing up and stepping out of his side of the confessional. Only to walk around and yank the door open to the side where Harris and his cameraman sat. He found himself shouting at the top of his lungs.

The Priest
FATHERANDREW
Get out! Get out of my church now!

His words were echoing throughout the walls of the holy place. As the cameraman began to edge out, Harris followed but the evil look in his eyes had consumed him. His head tilted to the side a little bit.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
What’s the matter? Can’t handle when the Devil makes himself at home? Or is that you can’t handle knowing that one of God’s quote unquote children are coming for a visit much sooner than expected?!

An evil laugh unlike any laugh Harris had ever let out before could be heard. It was bad enough that the Priest himself was showing signs of fear. It was starting to get to the cameraman as well. Again, the Priest found himself shouting.

The Priest
FATHERANDREW
I said get the hell out of here!

In that moment Harris was shoved by the Priest causing the evil laugh to continue to fall from his lips. Nevertheless, Harris found himself starting to back away, heading for the front door. In a matter of seconds Harris along with the cameraman had made their way out of the church. Yet the moment Harris was outside and in the sun. It was like his demeanor had changed. There was life in his eyes again. Still smirk on his lips as he walked through the parking lot. As if nothing had just happened. Of course that wasn’t the case. His cameraman couldn’t stop himself from speaking, especially after what he had just witnessed.

The Cinema Mastermind
JONATHANPETERS
What was that?

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
What was, what Jon?

The Cinema Mastermind
JONATHANPETERS
All that shit back there. The satanic talk. The look in your eyes. That laugh. I’ve been around you a long time. I’ve never seen that before. What is going on in your head?

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
You’re overreacting.

Harris shook his head for a moment. Stopping in his pace to look back at Jonathan and the camera in his hand. Seemingly not backing down from his statement.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
It’s all a part of show business baby. Got to sell things. Get the people invested. Getting them invested means more eyes on me. More eyes on me means more ticket sales. And that means more money for me. Who doesn’t love being rich? Becoming Heavyweight Champion at the end of this thing just happens to be icing on the cake ya know what I mean. Besides I can just imagine now how much Bane is going to unravel when he sees this thing. And if anything, I did him a solid by getting at least one person in this world to give a fuck enough about him to say a prayer for his pathetic little career. Now quit fucking around, we still have things to do!

Harris once again turned his back and continued to walk along. Although what he was saying did make sense for such a pay per view match, but, what the cameraman had seen just moments ago seemed like there was much-much more going on in the head of “The Icon”. But of course as he had been reminded time and time again. His job wasn’t to think or to question things. His job was to continue to film and put together a masterpiece. That as far as Harris was concerned was all going to end with him standing tall and bringing him home championship gold for the first time in twelve years.

Twenty four hours from now Blaze of Glory would be taking over the city of Las Vegas, Nevada and fitting for the company known as Sin City Wrestling. However with that being said the scenery found itself opening up at this particular moment to a very somber setting. It didn’t take long to establish where the cameras were, smack dab in the middle of a funeral home. Front a center stage was a casket closed with flowers all around. A very large portrait of Mac Bane set off to the side of the casket. Above the casket was a video board that seemed to be playing all of Mac’s greatest wrestling moments. A lot of them are not so flattering, going against the ever so “traditional” setting for a funeral.

And In the seats of the funeral home sat Carmen and Blair, both dressed in all black. However it seemed they weren’t alone. There were several cardboard cutouts filling the seats. Cutouts of the likes of Chris Page, Ken Davison, and even one of Mac’s wife: Amber. Clearly this was done as a way to mock. At that moment though the lights within the home started to dim down just as footsteps could be heard. In a matter of seconds Michael Harris revealed himself in an all black suit as he took a podium next to the casket. A single spotlight shining on him as he looked up. Clearly his throat for a brief moment before speaking.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Ladies and gentlemen. Today, we’re all gathered here for one man and one man only. A man by the name of Mac Bane. Yes, the SCW Heavyweight Champion and Pro Wrestling quote unquote Legend. And we’re here to celebrate the end of his career…

There was a brief pause with Harris having such an evil grin spread across his lips.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Because as of tomorrow night, it’ll be coming to an end. Now based on the way Mac has described himself. Based on how others have described him. It’s been a long career. In their words it’s been great, in mine I’d say it’s been mediocre, but nevertheless. It was a long career and the harsh reality for anyone that enters the wrestling business is it doesn’t last forever. One day, we lace up our boots for the last time. One day we step into the ring for the last time. One day, we’ll hear the roar of a wrestling crowd for the last time. The thing about Mac’s career ending tomorrow night is it’s not being done on his terms but instead it’s being done on my terms and by my hand.

Had this been a live setting. There was no doubt about it the fans would eat him up alive for what he had to say. Not that it would have any true effect on his plans one way or the other.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Originally when I came to Sin City Wrestling. I had one goal in mind and that was to prove that I am the greatest to ever exist in this business. Simply pick right back up where I started. Win matches. Win championships. Make kids cry when their favorites couldn’t hold their own against me. Typical me, shit. Yet from the gate Mac Bane had something to say. From the gate Mac Bane wanted to be the center of attention. Bane wanted to be the savior and defend SCW against me. Now that being said, I don’t know how the hell tweeting me a bunch is supposed to get the job done but that’s the route he took. Not one time did he meet me in the ring like a man. Not one time did he catch me backstage. Not one time did he ever confront me face to face.

Instead he wanted to do it in a hundred and fifty characters or less. To me, I lost respect for the man right then and there. How the hell are you going to be this big bad motherfucker? But can’t say the shit you have to say to my face? Kind of tells me all I need to know. You’re a bitch. And booooooooooy! Does it get under Mac’s skin that I don’t bother to give him the time of day on twitter. The way he reacts when he can’t get a reaction out of me. The way he subtweets. The way he gets his friends involved to talk shit about me. The way he likes to tweet at the Sin City Wrestling twitter account just to shade me. The shit is fucking hilarious to me. The smell of desperation is all over and it could not make me laugh more.

Shaking his head from side to side a little. Right there on the video board several tweets from Mac or people associated with Mac could be seen. Only causing Harris to shake his head a little more when taking a quick second to look at them. Before bringing his attention back to the “crowd” in audience.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
I’m in my fifties and I don’t know exactly how old Mac is. I do know that Mac is old enough to know better. Men don’t settle beefs through twitter. Men don’t act like children when they have an issue. They are meant to handle things face to face, man to man, fist to fist. But of course as I’ve said I don’t view Mac as a man. I view him as a bitch. Point of all of this is Mac has had so much to say about me since I walked into the company and has had nothing but air and opportunity to meet me head on. Yet he’s avoided that. So, I didn’t concern myself with Mac. Instead I concerned myself with the game plan I had for me. And people might not have liked the route I’ve taken with SCW, but you have to admit. It’s pretty damn successful. I’ve beaten a former champion in Ken Davison. I’ve beaten a man everyone slobs over in Chris Page. I’ve made memories and moments that will live within SCW for a long time. All of it leading to Christian Underwood and Mark Ward having no other chance but to give me a SCW Heavyweight Championship opportunity.

It was very rare in the wrestling business for someone to be a part of a wrestling company less than three months and to be in a situation like this. Many could hate on Harris all they wanted, but the proof was in the pudding he was the real deal to make something like this happen.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
You know the very opportunity that Mac Bane has preached time and time again leading up to this match that I was GIFTED said opportunity. Yes, Mac is saying I was handed a shot at his championship and it’s got him oh so bitter about it. But yet, prior to this match being announced. Mac had it all set up to where he was going to GIFT or HAND a championship opportunity to Chris Page, but apparently that’s okay as long as he’s the one doing it. Of course this comes back to what I said once before. Mac is afraid of losing to me, that's why he wanted to give his buddy a shot. But with this opportunity that forced me to actually pay attention to Mac. It made me see what Mac was capable of. It made me watch matches he’s been in. Listen to promos. Dig down deep into his history here in SCW. More or less I was out to give Mac a fair shake to see what he was about. And in the end when I took it all in, I turned out to be very-very disappointed! Sure, he’s been a four time champion. Sure, he’s main evented several of SCW’s pay per views.

Sure, he’s looked at as the top guy around here. But when you really break things down. Mac Bane isn’t that impressive. The same shit spews from his mouth every single match he has. He brags and boasts about himself and his “family”. He doesn’t give anyone any credit for what they bring to the table, if they aren’t part of his little crew - but he judged me for the same thing. I watched Mac’s matches, and half the time he won by the skin of his teeth. Yet he has the balls to say I can only win when I cheat.I believe at what point Mac himself called me a clout chaser, but yet at the same time when you look at everything he does and says. It’s all about clout for him. All about having his name involved with anything and everything to stay relevant. Yet, if you’re a legend like he claims he is. If you’re a veteran like he claims he is. If you’re a great champion like he claims he is. You wouldn’t need to clout-chase or try to stay relevant. Because everyone would respect you enough to give it to you. So that says all it needs to!

His words were coming on a little stronger. At this point Harris had already realized that he was the enemy and had a big target on his back. Therefore as far as he was concerned there was no need to hold back.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
See unlike you Mac, I don’t lie and play myself in the end. I did the research. I paid attention to what you brought to the table. I was a student of the game, as you like to call it. Yet, you really haven’t done the same. Motherfucker, you can’t even get the relationship between Calvin and I. You call that my brother, when he’s my nephew. You can’t even get something so simple and so unimportant right. So, I knew the moment you claimed that you couldn’t find anything on me in this business that you were full of shit all the way around. The very thing you were about ready to have a brain aneurysm over when I did to your pal, Chris. By the way have you noticed that seems to be a recurring theme here Mac? You mock me or talk shit about me for doing something, but then you turn around and do the same exact fucking thing. Care to make it make sense? But, guess I’d have to check twitter more throughout the day for that to happen.

Such a smirk was on his lips. Seemingly enjoying taking another little pot shot at the man would stand across from him in the ring twenty four hours from now.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Out of everything you had to say though Mac. The one thing that stuck out to me is when you claimed that I would tarnish the SCW Heavyweight Championship if I were to win. You claimed I would devalue what it means to SCW and what it means to be champion. And that cuts a little deep, maybe more than I’d like to admit. Because, I have been a Heavyweight Champion everywhere I have ever been damn near. And every time that happened, even if I was the most hated man on earth. I brought the bar higher. I brought the standard to the championship higher. I made it mean something to be Heavyweight Champion, but again this comes from you not knowing what the fuck you’re talking about and what you’re truly up against!

But that’s fine, it isn’t my place to educate you on what you are up against. It is however my place to educate you that you are the one that’s actually devaluing that championship. People often forget that you’re the champion. You’re not main eventing every week. You’re not on every single show. You’re not constantly reminding people of what you stand for. You are just standing in the background, blending in, and making it look like a Heavyweight Champion doesn’t have to put in any real work when they have the championship. That should never be the case. It should never come off like that. Being Heavyweight Champion isn’t meant to be easy. Now SCW’s management may dislike me. The fans may hate me, but they at least deserve a champion that’s worth a fuck. You just don’t cut it, Mac.

Shaking his head from side to side once again. Not backing down from his mindset, even if everyone else would say he was wrong.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
It’s fitting that tomorrow’s event is called Blaze of Glory, because your entire career is coming to an end in a blaze. Crashing and burning like a car accident you simply just can’t take your eyes off of. All while I’m standing over the top of you as the new SCW Heavyweight Champion. Soaking in all the glory. Rot in hell you son of a bitch!

Those words were then followed up with Harris proceeding to flip the cameras off that had been filming this entire ordeal. This served as the final message of sorts to Mac Bane and all of his fans. Of course in the end words didn’t mean anything. Having a funeral to mock someone meant nothing. The only thing that mattered was when the two of them stepped into the ring together and they threw hands until only one of them was left standing. Now time would only tell in just exactly which one of them would be left standing in the end.