Author Topic: Back at Square One  (Read 515 times)

Offline BellaMadison

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
Back at Square One
« on: March 13, 2020, 11:49:36 PM »
 ~*~*~*~Back at Square One~*~*~*~

So do I introduce myself again or what? I failed at getting the Roulette Title. My partner for Blast From the Past is a complete and utter fucking failure and here I am...about to face a former Bombshell Champion and I have no clue where to even start.

So ....I’ll start back at the beginning.

Hi, I’m Bella Madison. Making impacts are kinda my thing. In fact it’s my favorite thing to do. After all, being Second Generation, it’s either make an impact or just completely be forgotten about.

....yeah...hi...I’m Bella Madison. I really like making impacts. Especially on former champions.

Waterford, Ireland

Following Climax 262, looking at the insanity that is our travel schedule, we decided to just basically stay close by and you can almost tell that Malachi needed a bit of a recharge going home.

The whole world has completely gone insane. We’ll be damned if it brings us down with it....

Second time that Mal brought Bella to his home...well...the first time she did it as a surprise to him but this time it was him. It was amazing so far to just relax. We find Bella standing along the side of the road staring out into the bay, watching the seas which are a little rough on this day. It’s still late winter after all, March winds kicking up and Bella can’t help but smile and sigh at it all.

“You seem distracted dear.” Bella glances over her shoulder and sees Mal, Lach and Alanah’s mother smiling gently and handing over a cup of coffee. “Everything ok?”

Everything is fine. Just sorta taking in all the sights. Still one of my favorite places is this area right here. It’s just so beautiful, I could probably just sit here and watch the sea for hours and completely forget anything that is getting to me.” Bella lifts her up her cup and sniffs, “Latte?

“I remember that trip to France and pretty much whenever we went out to the cafe with Alanah...you insisted on a Vanilla Latte. I thought to myself ‘My God, Mal is going to have his hands full with this one’. Even when I told you that you deserved more than my shithead of a son.”

Bella almost spittakes, “To this day that will always catch me off guard. Trust me, I keep him on his toes just as much as he keeps me on mine. Him getting me Luka for Christmas, completely surprised by it. Hell, even him with my little brother has been so much fun to watch. Hopefully once this whole world calms down, you can accept my mother’s invitation to come visit us over there.

“I do hope so. But other than you and my son, everything else alright, career wise?”

Bella shrugs and looks out, “Besides facing your daughter next week? Yeah, I mean, Mal and I are beginning to work our way into the Mixed Tag Division in SCW. I’m coming off failing miserably in that tournament, which I should have known better to sign up for, but I was just wondering, you know?

Mama O’Connell turns her glances out to the sea as well, “One thing is for sure about you, my dear. You see a challenge and you have to try. You didn’t fail either, that falls completely on your partner.”

Bella stops for a minute and looks at her, “You watch us?

Mama O’Connell turns and reaches out for Bella’s hand, “My dear, I watch all my children, I even watched that match between Lachlan and Malachi. They don’t know, but I also watch you and Jack...your friend Mack as well. He’s an odd one.”

That he is...but we love him. It’s kinda strange how it all happened too. But I wouldn’t change any of the way it all happened.

“It molded all of you. Hell, the fact that Malachi has friends after everything is a Godsend....even if he won’t admit it.” she laughs a bit, “You brought something out of him that I thought was lost when his father died. And he brought something out in you that I think was dormant. From what I’ve seen of your mother, you have this amazing ability to just....you stand out. You never are one to be the same as anyone else. I will stand by my original statement, you are a beautiful and intelligent young woman and my son is one lucky idiot”

Bella just smiles brightly, “I appreciate that more than you know. I’ve been kicking myself losing to Candy but this is my fresh start against Dani Weston. She didn’t have any luck in that tournament either and she’s just coming back. I get this honor of facing her and well I don’t want to disappoint. She’s a former World Champion, not a horrible person either from what I gathered, I just wanna make it back to where I’m a contender. They called me an upstart, which is a compliment...but I want more. Winning here and there can only get me so far before it feels like I’m spinning my wheels.

“I have no doubt in my mind that you will get there. Just one step at a time, dear.”

That’s the plan. It also sounds exactly what my mother told me....on top of getting off my ass and stop feeling sorry for myself.

“Your mother sounds like a smart woman.” you can hear the ‘Us mothers stick together’ tone behind that.

Yeah, but us stubborn kids won’t ever say that.” Bella says laughing. “Thanks for this, kinda nice to have a fresh perspective on it. Also...this is really good coffee.

“You are quite welcome my dear. It’s what I can do for someone who has taken care of my youngest son for almost a year.”

Mmm speaking of which...maybe you can help me with something, he is being so damn stubborn about telling me what he wants to do for his birthday or even what he wants. It’s driving me bonkers!

Mama O’Connell laughs a bit, “That’s my baby boy for you. He always waits til the last minute for something. Don’t worry though, I’m sure you’ll figure out something...or maybe he’ll surprise you. Don’t let it distract you though.”

I won’t. First thing is getting my winning ways back against Dani Weston...and then...

“One thing at a time Bella...one thing”

At a time..

Focusing on one thing at a time was never my strong suit. Even in school. 20 focuses, radio, TV just to study...but if I can focus on the ever changing sea. Focusing on just one thing in the world that is full tilt insanity? ...that will help me get past square one and stay that way.