Author Topic: - Misfortune.  (Read 508 times)

Offline Evie Baang

• View Profile
    • Evie Baang
- Misfortune.
« on: May 22, 2020, 11:34:45 PM »
 Misfortune, Bad Luck, Misadventure, Tough Luck… look whatever you want to call it, it’s a plague and often in times of bad luck the illness strikes in threes. Evie wasn’t the type to believe in such superstitions but this week, her luck was so bad that she purchased a cemetery people would stop dying. There’s an odd little silver lining in that statement, but the fact of the matter is this week had Evie thinking about all the times she walked under a ladder, how many mirrors she had shattered and how many cracks she walked on. There seemed to be a cycle spinning and the Bad Luck Train was stopping at each and every station just to test her.

Life’s a funny little thing last week had been picture perfect for Evie, there wasn’t a cloud in the sky and yet this week, the clouds rolled in, the heavens unleashed, and it was raining hard enough for her to drown. The Australian was finding it hard to keep her head above water at this point, and the one thing that Evie did believe in, is that this all started to feel like an omen. Maybe this was just a sign of things to come, perhaps she had bitten off more than she could chew with her return to Sin City Wrestling and possibly she was staring down the reality that she wasn’t going to be good enough to walk away from the Into the Void with the Sin City Wrestling World Bombshell Championship draped over her shoulder.

People in this business always believe, that they are the king and queen of mind games, when realistically only you are your own worst enemy. And this week, Evie was cutting her own wrists, slicing her own veins and forcing the bleed out.

There was no one else inside her head, only herself. Evie only had herself to blame with this punishment as she trapped herself with her thoughts.

The topic at the forefront of her mind, failure.

Being trapped inside your own mind, really is a prison and with the thoughts that we swirling around in Evie’s mind there wasn’t any room left for rational thinking. This week being held up in the Saxon Hotel was starting to take its toll on her, this week was the week she felt all of her freedoms had been stripped away from her. There was nowhere to run, nowhere to hide and there was nowhere to grieve.  She had lost control and there was nothing she or anyone could do to stop it. Maybe, everyone was right about her after all, perhaps Evie really was an unhinged hot mess that God blessed with a triple dose of temper and zero capacity for levelheadedness. Possibly she was her own weakness and own worst enemy when it came to dealing with her emotions, but no one knew what she had been through, no one knew what her past was like and only a handful of people knew what she really capable of. It makes her laugh when people imply that she is chucking a tantrum, or in Kate’s words, tossing her toys out of her kart but in reality, they haven’t even seen the most of it.

They haven’t truly witnessed Evie’s rage at its greatest.

People think they can toy with Evie when they highlight her temper. They think they can tear her apart because of it, sadly no one has seemed to come to terms with the fact that her temper doesn’t scare her. Her rage doesn’t blind her, it motivates her, and the more people try and point it out, the less Evie has to try to seep in under your skin. She’s already there, eating you alive as the more you point out her “weakness” the more she can turn it against you and morph it into an unmatchable strength.

This week Evie wasn’t blind with rage, she wasn’t crippled with anger… she was being fuelled by it and unfortunately the one to suffer the consequences of her bad luck was the current face of the Sin City Wrestling Bombshell division… Alicia Lucas. Title or no title, it didn’t matter Alicia had stolen the show since her return vowing to everyone that she was back for one reason and one reason only, to recapture what was hers and lead the Bombshell division into a new era of one champion, one leader, no transitional champions, no one trick ponies. Suddenly the sea had started to pull, and the tides had changed direction. The bad luck cloud wouldn’t storm over the top of Evie Jordan for no longer as her eyes were locked and loaded on what she had to accomplish ‪this Sunday night‬.

Defeat Alicia Lucas.

THE Alicia Lucas.

It was no simple task, if this were a different era there would be songs sung about the ventures of Lucas. Nevertheless, she former World Bombshell champion’s journey back to the top had all of a sudden crossed path with Evie Jordan’s. There was no whistling while you work attitude coming from either Bombshell, they both knew how much they both needed this victory under their belt, they needed this win to project them on the right path heading into the supercard and they were both just a hungry as each other to prove who held the dominance.

At Climax Control the fans of Sin City Wrestling, are about to be treated, they are about to bear witness to a match many have begged and pleaded for. A dream match for some if you will.  ‪On Sunday night‬ it all comes down to it.  Two alphas staring across an open field, holding their ground to display authority. Two alphas refusing to give up any ground, denying any weakness. Two alphas prepared to go to war for the sake of showing the world, but more importantly each other they have what it takes to make a change in the hierarchy of Sin City Wrestling.

Both Bombshells refusing to budge as they stake their claim.

To the division.

The race was now on between them and the grand prize was becoming the NEXT Sin City Wrestling World Bombshell Champion.

##

It was Tuesday the 19th of May and things were looking up in Sunny Las Vegas, COVID-19 restrictions had started to lift. People were starting to head back to work and the world-famous Las Vegas Boulevard, was starting to come to life and reenergise from weeks of darkness. The tune had changed around the Saxon Hotel as it seemed less doom and gloom and more like a halfway point between safety and freedom. Soon enough the restrictions would be lifted, fans not being able to attend shows would be overwritten and shortly the wrestling world would start to feel a lot less lonely. Evie couldn’t complain too much at least she was stuck in the Saxon Hotel with her husband, so she had endless entertainment but still apart of her could help but feel imprisoned.

Evie was a free soul, who would send her days at home bare foot roaming the forestry that was next door to her lake house. She frequently found herself by the lake enjoying the cool breeze as she was at peace with her surroundings. At the Saxon Hotel it was different, there wasn’t anywhere she could go and hide away from her work colleges and nonetheless she felt surrounded, like a heavy blanket had been pulled up above her head and now someone was applying pressure. It must have seemed ridiculous to feel this way, at least she was safe, at least she was with the love of her life and at least she wasn’t facing this pandemic alone. In spite of all that Evie still felt out of place, misguided and the massive acreage of the Saxon Hotel felt like a small dimly lit little cell and she was here to serve her time.

It was a beautiful sunny day as Evie looked out the glass windows that showed a glorious view of the Las Vegas strip from her room. Ben was still in bed, recovering from his impromptu match for Sin City Underground while Bear was curled up in a ball at his feet. It pained her to admit how much her furry friend, was a daddy’s boy and most of the time Evie was an afterthought to Bear. They were the boys, they did boy things and well Bear wasn’t for Evie’s early morning rises that lead to unrequired exercise. As Evie looked out the window, she couldn’t help but smile, it was refreshing to see more cars on the road it was a sign of things starting to return back to normal and one thing she was longing for was normality. She missed her apartment in New York, she missed her lake house is Maine but more importantly she missed her pet Snake, she missed her freedom to do as she pleased whenever she pleased without having to think of the repercussions of her actions.

The Saxon Hotel was starting to have Evie think she was a storm in a teacup and there was only so much thrashing the tiny fine china could take, before it burst.

Evie moved her fingers away from the lacy curtains, closing them up so the sun didn’t shine through and wake up Ben as she moved away from the view and headed back towards the kitchenette that was in their room. For weeks that had eaten room service and Uber eats, it was to the point that Evie was drying for a piece of toast smothered with a thick layer of Vegemite to start feeling like there was some sort of routine in her life. She moved towards the countertop, looking at the coffee machine screwing her face up, the last thing she wanted was more tinned coffee and what she desired was freshly barista made mocha from the local café in Bar Harbour. Closing her eyes, she had to stop herself from thinking of home, it wasn’t good for her. It wasn’t smart to long for things that were still so far out of reach especially for someone with Evie’s temperament.

Flicking on the on switch, she let the little red machine do its work as it buzzed from her touch and soon enough the sound of gurgling water pricked her ears and it wasn’t long until the brown liquid poured from the silver waterfall looking spout into a glass cup. As her coffee was being freshly brewed, she moved away from the small counter before she turned back to look at the island bench in the middle of the kitchen. On top of the marble countertop her sketch book laid open, she hadn’t gotten around to closing it last night after she spent up until the wee hours of the morning drafting together her latest house plans. A rich single man, looking to the ultimate mansion positioned in the Vegas Hills. The guy had sourced Evie from his friend in France who had Evie plan his Italian guest house in Florence, just outside the breathtaking lavender fields.

Running her fingers along the crisp white pages of her book, Evie flipped a few pages back looking at one of her current designs that she had submitted to another gentleman in his thirties looking for a party house to build and call home in rolling hills of California. She still hadn’t heard back from this tender, but Evie knew the deadline was today. She rarely put her work out like this, she usually only waited for people to approach her before she drafted up a design, but she couldn’t help but feel the need to throw her hat into the ring when it came to building her business. Evie knew there was a chance that her design would be knocked back, but since she stated creating it, she had nothing but wonderful feedback from the client’s personal assistant.

The clicking sound of the coffee machine coming to an end stole her attention from her creations, so she moved back over towards the smaller bench to pick up her coffee. Just as she was about to take a sip, her phone started to vibrate in her back pocket alerting her of a phone call. Evie quickly retrieved her phone, her face lighting up as she read the name on the screen “Latimer” within three seconds the phone was up to her right ear, ready to listen to one of her most beloved clients.

“Latimer, Darling.” Evie teased him with a fake French accent. “How are you?” her accent returned to Australian.

“Evie, Darling.” Latimer responded with a typical French charm. “You’re voice is like honey to my ears Darling.” He chuckled. “Do you have a minute to speak, my love?” He beckoned.

“Of course.” Evie replied eager to hear what her friend had to say.

“Darling you know how much I love you, no?” Latimer started. “So, you know it pains me to do this to you… but Roger, no longer can afford the beautiful house you have created for him. He says, his wife no longer wants to live in California, and she wants to relocate to her home country of Brazil.” His French tone made this bad news sound like butter was melting from his mouth.

Evie felt her heart drop from her chest and land into the pits of her stomach as she listened to Latimer continued his story over the phone how the California’s dream house was no longer going to be a thing. It pained Evie to know the hours she had put into that design was going to be wasted. Those were hours taken away from her, hours she could have spent training for Sin City Wrestling, hours she could have spent getting ready to face Andrea at Into the Void, hours she could have dedicated to this week’s match against Alicia. Hours she could have put towards spending more time with her husband. She couldn’t help but feel gutted, like she had wasted her time.

“Evie?” Latimer questioned. “Evie Darling? I’m so sorry… if I knew he was going to flake on you, there is no way I would have given him your number.” He sighed. “When this lockdown is all over, I will fly you and your adorable husband to meet me in France, or even Italy… we must do dinner again. I will make it up to you. I promise.” He begged her to answer.

Evie couldn’t find the right words right now, it wasn’t that she was upset with Latimer she was okay with him, and in fact she was quiet fond of her rich old Frenchman, who was like a big brother to her. The worst thing is that she wasn’t hearing this news from Roger himself, she was hearing it from a 3rd party that was enough to have her skin crawling in anger.

“That sounds wonderful.” Evie lied. “I must go Latimer… but I will talk to you again soon, yeah?” Her voice was unusually high, in tone.

As the two exchanged their goodbyes, Evie couldn’t wait to hand up the phone. She moved away from the coffee machine and headed back to the island table to flip her sketch book back to the beautiful Santa Fe style mansion she had drawn up for Roger. The massive house boasted sixteen bedrooms, seventeen bathrooms, fourteen car parks, three pools, a man cave, and a home gym anything and everything you could imagine and now that it was fully drawn before her eyes all Evie wanted to do was rip the pages from her booklet. Evie was too deep in her assortment of emotions, a strange blend of rage, dipped in sadness she had missed the fact Ben had woken from his slumber and made his way down to the kitchen. He took her off guard and he wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pressed his chin down on top of her head, looking down at the colossal mansion that his wife had drawn up.

“Not bad.” He joked. “What’s that going to being into the Evie piggy bank?” Ben smiled.

Evie was just cold, she didn’t turn to look at him, she didn’t reach up to cuddle his arms she just couldn’t pull her eyes away from the hours of work that was worthless. It was now just a picture begging to be coloured in.

“It’s worthless.” Evie could have burnt Ben with her tone. “Latimer just called to tell me that Roger doesn’t want it anymore. That’s ten million dollars I just lost us.” She whispered.

Ben could tell that Evie was hurting, he could tell even if he couldn’t look her directly in her beautiful green eyes. She felt stiff in his arms, cold, numb even as she refused to take her eyes off the sprawling mansion in front of her.

“You can’t lose ten million, if you never had the ten million.” Ben joked, trying his hardest to make his wife smile. “Plus, what kind of name is Roger?” He passed air through his teeth as if to tut. “We don’t need the money Eves… there will be another buyer out there.”

He tried to cheer her up by giving her a squeeze, but Evie just looked down at the ground.

“I don’t get it. I’ve sold over seven blueprints. I always close the deal, I always get them over the line regardless of the situation. I don’t lose clients… and why didn’t he just call me? We can’t just sell it to anyone else, I had this sketched to match the gradients to marry in perfectly with his weird shaped block of land…” Evie was gobsmacked

Evie couldn’t think of anything else to say, even if she was fumbling with her words and letting her tongue roll out all of her thoughts. She squirmed out of Ben’s arms, before she gathered her phone from the countertop before she went to leave the kitchen. She couldn’t leave Ben in the lurch, thinking he was in the doghouse, so she stepped back to give him a slight kiss on the check before she spoke.

“I… I… need a drink.” She stuttered out.

It was ‪9am‬ in the morning, but Ben wasn’t going to be the one to point that out. Ben just nodded towards her, understanding that she needed some time to think this over. He knew he wasn’t in the wrong, but he also knew what his wife was like and when she needed space, it was best Evie was awarded it.

“I’ll join you in a bit.” He called out towards her.

Evie just waved at him, before she gathered a few more of things and left their hotel room, her next destination was the ground floor bar. A million things were rolling through her mind right now, and the last thing captivating her focus was her match ‪this Sunday Night‬, where she was faced with the near on impossible task of beating the unbeatable Alicia Lukas. Right now, she needed to heal the burning feeling of failure that was eating her up inside and the only way she was going to calm it, was by opening a fresh bottle of Crown Royal and forgetting that the Santa Fe mansion and Roger ever existed.

##

Tuesday had been and gone and Evie had thanked her lucky stars that it had. If Tuesday was anything to go off this week was going to be a living nightmare, but she was doing everything in her power to forget the misfortunes of yesterday. She desperately needed to relax and gather her thoughts, as Evie was only days away from having to lace up her wrestling boots and stare across the ring from the glorified Alicia Lucas. The match wasn’t going to be a walk in the park and the last thing Evie needed was any distractions as she focused on what could potentially be the hardest match since her return. As Evie tried to keep the thoughts of yesterday’s trial away from her mind, she fought the urge the lash out at everything in sight and figured what would be best for her right now would be some time alone to regroup, her calibrate and gather herself, so she could give everything she had in that ring ‪on Sunday night‬.

There was only three places that Evie had found peace in this hotel. One was her hotel room she shared with her husband, the other the bar and the third option for peace and quiet was the sauna and well she was racing to get there. It was early ‪Wednesday morning‬ and there wasn’t a soul insight in the hallways as many of her colleges were still probably tucked away in bed, sleeping off the night before. Evie loved the mornings, she wasn’t afraid of an early start and well if she was looking to secure her favourite spot in the sauna, she was going to have to be the early bird that gets the worm. Evie walked away from her hotel room door, dressed in active wear with a pair of black and white Nikes that were accompanied by black skin-tight ankle length tights, and a deep v neck navy halter neck top. In her hand was a book, a towel, her phone and her room key that she juggled with ease as she made her way towards the elevator. Reaching forward she pressed the up button, and just in time the doors slid open in front of her. A smile of relief crossed her face as she stepped into the elevator seeing that she was alone before she stepped inside and well did the mundane task of selecting a floor level and waiting for the elevator to do the thing it was created for. Transportation between levels.

Evie looked down at her phone in her hands, as her fingers danced across the screen as she fired off a text to her husband. The last thing she wanted was for him to wake up a panic that she wasn’t there and well Evie knew Ben, there wasn’t a chance he would read the note she left on the kitchen bench until after checking his phone. As the young Australian was distracted by her phone, she missed that the elevator had come to a stop, the doors slide open and in walked Bobbie Dahl. Looking up from her phone, Evie couldn’t hide her displeasure with the sight that was now in front of her as she greeted the fellow SCW bombshell with a harsh roll of her eyes. Bobbie just ignored it before she selected the floor she wanted to travel to. The two didn’t share a single word, as the elevator started to ride back up towards the roof as per normal, until…

BOOM.

A loud creaking sound echoed through the elevator before the steel box that was suspended in the air by two massive cables came to a complete stop. Stranding them both in the air, before the gears below them started to hiss, before a grinding sounded as the elevator started to slip a little before the emergency brake system kicked in, stopping the elevator from free falling them to their untimely deaths. Evie’s eyes just tore away from her phone to look directly at Bobbie, who was already starting to panic as she feverishly started to press on the buttons in the elevators desperate for it to start moving again.

“This isn’t an all you can eat buffet, you fucking moron. Hit the button that looks like a phone yeah?” Evie growled.

“I’ve already done that, you bitch.” Bobbie fired back.

Evie walked past Bobbie shoving her out of the way, to push the emergency assistance button. The sound of a phone ringing from the speaker started to pulse before there was an automotive response.

“All of our operators are busy at the moment, you have been placed in a cue. Your call is an important to us and we look forward to speaking with you shortly.” The Siri, style automotive voice spoke calmly.

Evie without think just slapped the speaker with her right hand before she balled it up to a fist.

“What are you going to do? Punch it out of her?” Bobbie snarled towards her. “Yeah, because that will work.” Her toned matched her eye roll.

Evie just turned away from the panelling with the all the floor numbers, before she looked Bobbie dead in the eye.

“This is all your fault.” She growled. “You’re fat arse, reached the maximum weight capacity and now the lift shat itself.” Evie seethed.

She closed her eyes, Evie really didn’t need this right now. She really didn’t feel like being trapped inside a suspended elevator with Bobbie of all people. The same Bombshell that has terrorized countless members of the OG gym. The same Bombshell that had injured Odette, Dani, Alicia. Evie was having a hard-enough time trying to bottle her anger from yesterday and keeping a lid on it all, but right now Bobbi’s panicked face was just begging to be punched. Evie walked away from the panelling before she looked up to the ceiling off the elevator, looking for the escape hatch that all the movies showed.

“Get on all fours.” Evie demanded.

Bobbie looked at Evie with wide eyes as she questioned her, “What? No way…” she fumbled as she spoke.

Evie just took a step towards Bobbie, her green eyes glaring right into hers as she spoke.

“I need a boost to get us out of this fucking thing!!! So, get on your hands and knees and give me a fucking boost.” Her harsh accent wasn’t playing.

Bobbie refused Evie’s instructions as the blonde just slide her back down the wall and took a seat in the elevator looking up at Evie unamused.

“What’s up your ass?” Bobbie questioned.

Evie glared down at Bobbie like she was going to throttle her, trying to remove the thought of choking her out as the sound of hold music played in the background just egged her on to do so.

“Oh geez, I don’t know, what could possibly be wrong?” Evie barked out towards her.

“You need to lighten up” Bobbie chuckled.

“Says the one who is sweating like a pig.” Evie fought back with anger. “What’s the matter? You don’t like small confined spaces? I thought you be used to them… as everything is small in compassion to you.” Her words were like venom.

Bobbie just rolled her eyes up at Evie before she looked away. She couldn’t hide that she was feeling trapped and they hadn’t even been in limbo for that long. Bobbie hated elevators at the best of time and one of her greatest fears was being trapped inside one.

“Oh great! Another bitch who can’t think of anything original, just reused fat jokes.” Bobbie snarled as she spoke.

Evie looked around the elevator some more looking for a way out of this tin can, but she couldn’t ignore the voice that was egging her on inside her mind to give Bobbie a hard time. It was the least she could do, considering what she had done to Dani and Odette.

“Funny…” Evie blew air out of her lips as she tutted Bobbie. “You hate being called fat and yet, here you are using your body like a D-12 dozer week in and week out to cripple your opponents?” Sarcasm was alive and well.

“At least I don’t have use my husband week in and week out to get views, no wonder everyone is over you.” Bobbie fired back. “He’s the only reason you’re relevant.” She added.

Evie just looked at Bobbie over her shoulder, her bright white teeth clamped shut in anger as glared towards her. There was nothing more Evie wanted to do right now then to kick Bobbie’s head off but, she was being held back for the moment. She didn’t want to come across as reckless, or a loose unit like Bobbie she had to show control and not just be a crazy punch-drunk fool, who got herself suspended before Into the Void. Facing defeat for now with the whole not going anywhere due to the elevator no longer being in function, the Aussie slid her back down the wall and took a seat on the titled floor. Looking down at her phone, she fired off another text message hoping that would raise the alarm of her being trapped with Bobbie in a small space. As Evie looked up from her phone, she noticed that Bobbie was looking around the elevator a look of panic crossing her face as she measured up the confined space she was trapped in, it didn’t take long at all before beads of sweet started to pool at the top of Bobbie’s brow line, as she clenched her arms together and pinned them over her stomach.

“If you drop your guts in here, so help me lord.” Evie grumbled. “You disgusting vile bitch.” She continued to snap at Bobbie.

Bobbie just choose to ignore her, watching the Aussie kick her legs out in front of her, crossing them at her ankles. Dahl couldn’t help but notice the changes in Evie, since her first time round in Sin City Wrestling and she couldn’t help herself she needed to pounce, just so she could get under her skin.

“I miss the old Evie.” Bobbie kicked off. “You know, the one that was a miserable bitch that would injure someone just for looking at her the wrong way… not this shell of a former world champion.” Bobbie chuckled to herself.

Evie just glared across the room at Bobbie, her green eyes staring a hole, right through her as she spoke. Her white teeth were clenched together as she grinded them before her

“Ha” Evie faked a laugh. “That’s funny. I miss the old Bobbie, you know. Who you used to be before you ate her?” She charged back with.

Bobbie just rolled her eyes before she fired back, completely ignoring the voice in the background over the speaker phone that their call was guaranteed to be answered within the next ten minutes.

“Oh now, that’s just lame.” Bobbie snarled back. “You used to be this miserable bitch, and all it took was a little injection from Saint Ben to change you into a wimpy little bitch. Maybe I should find me an honourable man and do the same?” Bobbie fired back with a smirk on her face.

Evie didn’t even stop to think before her blood red lips parted and the next words spewed from her lips.

“Didn’t you have that with Artie?” The Australian poked the bear. “But I guess he got sick of the constant choose your own adventure outcome he was faced with, every time he parted your thighs.” Evie smirked at herself.

Bobbie’s eyes locked right on Evie’s as she squirmed in her position on the floor, Evie couldn’t help herself she just rolled her eyes at her before looking away. The Siri sounding voice stealing her attention, as she listened to the lady advised that their call would be answered within the next nine minutes.  To see what happens next, now would be a good time to tune into Bobbie Dahl’s promotional video.

##

They say bad luck runs in threes and Evie was desperately hoping that wasn’t the case. So, far this week she had lost a fair chunk of revenue and been stuck in an elevator with Bobbie Dahl. However, Ben pushed her to get out of bed and take Thursday head on, he tried to reassure her that not all superstitions are correct and well, simply life must go on.

Evie had decided to spend her Thursday down by the pool, that was surprisingly abandoned which was very unusual for the Saxon Hotel as the pool deck had acted like some sort of social hub during lockdown, Evie didn’t complain she enjoyed the peace and quiet as she sun bathed by the pool. She was dressed in a tiny black bikini, with a pair of Ray Ban shades over her eyes. Evie was laid out flat on her stomach, her arse to the sky as she soaked in the sun’s beams, loving every second of the heat that was radiating through her body. There was something about being kissed by the sun’s rays that made her feel alive, that made her feel reenergised. To her left Ben sat under a large beach umbrella shielding away from the blistering sun, as his British skin could only with stand so much heat.

As the resident good guy / bad girl couple continued to lay there in silence, trying to take in the most from these rare windows of relaxation, peace and quiet. It didn’t take long for reality to rear its ugly head. As both their phones dinged at the same time, alerting them to a system alarm back at their home at Bar Harbour. Reaching for their phones, it didn’t take the couple long to see what was unfolding back at home as Evie’s Best-Friend Calista’s face lit up their screens.  Calista looked distressed as streams of mascara ran down her face as she spoke.

“Evie… I’m so sorry.” That’s all she could stutter. “Kitten.” Calista inhaled deeply. “Kitten’s really sick.” She sobbed.

The camera moved from Calista’s face to more to Kitten’s enclosure, showing their black snake limp and lifeless looking. Calista moved the camera in closer to show that Kitten was foaming from the mouth, slowly inhaling and exhaling, painfully.

“The vet is coming out, he should be here in a few minutes.” Calista sobbed.

Evie couldn’t take her eyes of Kitten who was almost panting, she wasn’t moving she wasn’t herself and Evie couldn’t tell if it was the poor camera quality or the fact that Kitten had lost her beautiful shine. As Calista tried to reassure her, Ben reached across to touch her, but Evie snapped back. Without thinking she, just got up from the sun bed and left the poolside area, she was too upset. To sad to be in public, to sad to function and right now all she wanted to do was scream out in a mixed blend of sadness and despair. A storm was brewing and there wasn’t a damn thing anyone in Sin City Wrestling could do about it.

To be Continued.

##

The scene opened up inside another dark underbelly area of the Saxton Hotel, it appeared to be the linen storage area. Each week Evie tried her hardest to find somewhere different inside the hotel to bring her promotional video from. She was a sucker for creative dramatic flair but Evie also wanted to keep things fresh and new, there was only so many promos you could drop from inside your hotel room before you started to look like a slob. The linen area had been transformed white sheets handing from shelves, looking like a curtains backdrop. The lightening had been dimmed right back, showing shadows in the creases of the sheets. There was a eerie appeal of smoke filtering from the bottom of the sheets, filling the room with a mist.

“They say, I’m dead and gone.” Evie kicked things off. “They say I’ll never be as good as what I used to be, they say that I’m washed up, overrun... I’ve had my time in the spotlight. I’ve had my time at the top. They say I should just give up, they say I should leave, I should go back to being “retired”.” She paused.

Evie wasn’t seen, well not her face but behind the curtains a silhouette of a person could be seen.

“They want me gone. They want me to leave... they want me to give back the keys to the kingdom.” Her tone was bitter.

The curtains moved with a slight breeze from the air vents, rippling the shadow of Evie’s body.

“I get it. I do.” Evie paused. “I wouldn’t want to come face to face with me. I wouldn’t want to stand toe to toe with me... I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near me in that ring... because I end people’s reigns, I tear down the walls of what can and can’t be done. I push people to their absolute limits, I crush, kill... destroy and for what? For victories, for championships, for glory... but more importantly... because I FUCKING want to.” She teeth snapped shut.

Her face still wasn’t seen, but you could tell from the emotion in her voice she was focused. Locked and loaded, thinking of being back in the ring this Sunday night.

“I’m not a half way champion, I’m not a bitch over the hill, I’m not an easily forgotten bombshell from a time once passed.” She paused. “I’m a former roulette champion, a former tag team champion, a former bombshell champion... I’ve been a rookie of the year, I’ve been the woman of the year, I’m the first ever two time winner of the Blast from the Past and yet.. people still question me, they still dare to look me in the eyes and ask me if I still have what it takes? They try and tear me down, they try and discredit me and for what?” Evie’s harsh Australian accent dripped like venom.

She moved, causing her shadow to grow on the sheet as Evie stepped towards it.

“For their own ego, for their own security... for their own self worth they run me into the grown. They try and break me.” She hissed. “I can’t be broken, I can be out matched, I can’t be beat... and on Sunday night I’ll send you the reminder that you all seem to be begging for. I’ll gather all the evidence you require, when I toy with Alicia Lukas and make the people’s choice champion, look incompetent when she stands next to me.” She paused.

Her right hand reached up to brush her fingertips along the curtain causing it to ripple.

“You see it, is what it is Alicia. I’m going into Sunday night with everything to lose... could you imagine if I lost to you this week... two weeks out from facing Andrea at Into the Void for the Sin City Wrestling World Bombshell Championship? I would be a joke. I would be everything everyone has said about me. It’s not because you aren’t good at wrestling, it’s not because you’re a trash opponent... you’re far from any of those statements... in fact you might actually be the best female to step through the doors in a long time for SCW.” Evie stopped letting her words sink in. “But I have to be better this Sunday, I have to be the best... I have to beat you, or everything I have worked for since my return won’t be worth a pinch of salt, a grain of sand... it would all be for nothing.” She sighed.

Evie moves behind the curtain her shadow showing off the curves of her body.

“I didn’t come back just for nothing. I came back to win it all... I came back for everything. I want it all... my wins for the Blast for the Past were only the beginning of this story!!” Evie gathered her thoughts for a moment. “And facing you on Sunday night will not be the end of my story.”

She moved forward, the camera picking up on the antler crown that was forming in the shadows on top of her head.

“Alicia Lukas, you’re one of the very few I respect in this sport. You’re one of the very few I wanted to face this time round and the fact that we get to step inside the ring together this Sunday night at Climax Control on the stay home version... it couldn’t be better. A super card worthy showdown a week before a super card is rare to come by... so, forgive me in for jumping the gun, but I know that you and I will tear the house down and show the rest of the bombshells, the standard they should in this world... but there will only be one winner. There will only be one top bitch and mark my words, I will run through you as if my life depends on it... because let’s face it... my career depends on this. My lead up to Into the Void, demands my full attention... my full commitment and I will not fail at the last hurdle, even if it bares your name.” Evie paused.

She stepped closer to the sheet, showing off her crown before she wrapped this up.

“Heavy is the head that wears the crown, and this Sunday you won’t dethrone me.”

The scene zooms in on a final shot of the antlers before it fades away to darkness.