Author Topic: Happy Endings!  (Read 453 times)

Offline Evie Baang

• View Profile
    • Evie Baang
Happy Endings!
« on: May 15, 2020, 10:19:59 PM »
 Happiness; often sought after regularly over looked. You see the secret of happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think is should be. For years Evie had searched for her happiness and for years she was denied its touch as she spent way too long looking without a light, when she should have been living in the moment. It’s so easy to look back now and know the exact moments things could have gone pear-shaped or things could have ended very differently for her but in the heat of the moment. Evie truly believed that she would never have her happily ever after. It seems so hogwash like, considering Evie wasn’t one to believe in fairy tales, she didn’t believe in destiny, she didn’t believe in fate, she believed that everything happened in her life because she worked hard enough to reach her goals.

Nevertheless, the one thing that turned her life upside down, shook out her pockets and stole her lunch money, was the moment her eyes fell on her now husband Ben Jordan. That very moment Evie learnt that you didn’t have to work for your happiness, because from time to time it just stumbles into your life. Smack bang, in the middle of Paris in an over decorated, over gloried charity gala. It was on that chance filled ‪Saturday night‬ on the 21st of February 2015 where Evie’s piercingly green eyes laid upon his crystal clear blue ones for the first time and ever since then her life had changed.

She was happy.

Disgustingly, over the top, repulsively happy… it was as if by miracle every dark cloud that stormed over her head had lifted and once again her skin was blessed by the rays of the sun. It must seem ridiculous for a man to bring so much joy into a woman’s life, but let’s face the harsh reality. Evie lived in a tortured home, raised by two horrible parents. One only wanted to use her to build an empire, while the other refused to accept her as she wasn’t born a boy. Much of her early years were spent locked inside her room for punishment, the other part of her early years were spent learning the tools of the trade. At the tender age of nine Evie could carve up even the toughest of meat, and yet all those years of training to believe she was being taught how to survive a global doomsday turned out to be her father’s nifty, unorthodox way to prepare her for what happened next. A life a misery, hidden behind the smiley mask of a life of crime.

Did Evie truly enjoy stealing, did she truly enjoy being a gun for hire? No, the fact she had to take orders for most of her young adult life still burns her. It wasn’t until she broke free from the lineage that she started to act for herself, as yet even when she was burning down bridges, crumbling down organised crime rings and tearing the walls down that she had once helped built. Happiness was still so far away, so far out of touch, not even her finger tips could reach it. Maybe it was a sign the night that Evie met Ben. It was an indication of things to come as the first time she met him her life had started to turn and move towards the light.

The bounds of being controlled started to loosen, the pressure of being bossed around were removed and finally Evie was able to start moving on from the darkness of her past. She finally became herself, removing herself from a life a crime wasn’t easy, especially for a woman with her reputation. The crawl back into the light was long and stormy, but at least she had a reason to start. At least she had a reason to fight, there wasn’t a single chance her relationship to Ben would still be alive and kicking if she was still trapped inside that other world, so she made sure through hell and high water that she reached for the shore instead of drowning in the deep seas that were teeming with blood.

It seems trivial that Evie would give up all the fruits of her labour for a man, but the truth is diamonds might be forever but they can be replaced, they can be brought, whereas love… love is priceless… happiness is underrated and while so many choose to sit and sulk, Evie moved mountains so she could smile. So she could live a normal life and do as she pleased with the man that enchanted her, the one she adored. For once in her life she was captivated not captured and trust her, there’s a massive difference.

Over the years Evie had to go to hell and back for her freedom, she had to struggle, fight and never give up to be the woman who she was today and to her, she wouldn’t take those years away for anything. She wouldn’t give up the torture, she wouldn’t give up the pain, and she wouldn’t give the feeling of being lost and the aches of despair. Without those darkest times in her life she wouldn’t be able to appreciate the greatest feeling of love, the warm feeling of hope, the intoxicating feeling of happiness. Without the misery she wouldn’t be able to appreciate the pain a smile makes, when it refuses to move from your face. Finally, after years of striving for happiness, and after years of giving up Evie was exactly where she was meant to be, she was feeling things she never believed she would every come close to accomplishing.

Her horrible reputation of being the blood scarlet of Russia, the venomous witch of London and the soulless Shelia of down under, those nicknames didn’t even come close to comparing to the titles she now ruled under. Wife. Dog Mother. Snake Mother and soon to be crowned NEW Sin City Wrestling World Bombshell Champion.

Although let’s not get a head of ourselves and let’s focus on ‪this Sunday‬ and Mercedes Vargas.

##

It was now the early hours of the 6th of May, the Jordan birthday bash had wrapped up and most of the Sin City Wrestling, Sin City Underground and Grime superstars had returned to their hotel rooms to call it a night. Well day, well night… anyways you get the idea. Evie and Ben were the last to leave the roof top pool area as Evie had stayed back to help the Saxon Staff members clean up, she also had to give Brooke Saxon a thick wad of cash to pay for the extra staff, the catering, the cleaning and the rental of the pool deck but all of that didn’t matter, what mattered the most to Evie was the stupid looking goofy smile that was plastered on her Husband’s face. As Evie finished up with the hostess duties, she turned on her pin point heels and looked towards Ben, who was sitting on the edge of a sun chair, looking down at the watch on left wrist. Looking up at Evie with his big toothy grin on his face, he tapped the face of his watch as if to give her the hurry along, even when he was being impatient no disrespect was meant. Ben’s actions where matches with a bold smile but a sarcastic roll of Evie’s eyes as she made her way back over towards him.

“Have you got somewhere to be, Jordan?” Evie taunted him.

“Yes.” Ben said unapologetically. “In bed.” His bright white teeth smiled up at her.

Evie watched as her husband made his way back up to his feet, he was sloshed for sure as he staggered back but was able to catch his balance before he pushed himself into her wrapping his right arm around her shoulders before draping his hand down to dangle near the top of her cut out dress. His fingertips started to play with the large diamond pendant that had housed itself at the top of her cleavage.

“Alright let’s get you home.” Evie smirked, before she took one last look around.

The Aussie made sure that there was nothing left undone and once she was happy with the look of the roof top area, she made her way back over towards the elevators. Ben followed her, as he swayed a little from side to side but in a playful manner he raced her towards the elevator so he could press the button first before looking back at her with a childish grin on his face.

“I might be older, but I’m still faster.” His British accent was loud, proud and filled with liquor.

The lift didn’t take long at this time in the morning as everyone else seemed to be in bed, with a simple ding the doors pushed opened and before Evie could step into the lift by herself Ben had already pulled her into it. Evie slammed into his chest as Ben held on to her. His hands instantly reaching up as he caressed her shoulders, he ducked his head down so he could whisper into her ear.

“Thank you.” He beamed. “I didn’t think a birthday in lockdown would be much fun, but you knocked it out the park.” Ben gave her a little squeeze. “I’m a lucky guy… Ben’s a lucky guy.”

He moved away from Evie to point at himself but before he could continue the lift had stopped and the two were back on their level. Evie reached down and took Ben’s hand leading him back in the direction of their room. Ben followed he couldn’t help but notice how heavy his feet were as he was all partied out, Evie looked back at him seeing that his eyelids were growing heavy she put on the pace to get him back to the room in time. Evie also had one last surprise up her sleeve and she wanted to make sure the birthday boy, got it before he was locked away in the land of slumber. The two reached their hotel door, it didn’t take Evie long to swipe the access card across the card reader, she listened out for the beep and soon enough they were both back inside their hotel room. Evie rights across and swiped the wall, flicking the lights on and as Ben stumbled in behind her, his jaw dropped at his wife’s last surprise of the night.

Right in the doorway was two empty glasses which sat beside a large bottle of whiskey. Surrounding the bottle and glasses was an array of red, white and pink rose petals. It was a little girly for him, but she wanted to set the mood for what was about to happen next. Bending down she picked up the glasses with one hand and the bottle with the other. On her way back up she reached out, Ben took a tumbler in his right hand before Evie made her way back up to standing in front of it. Without wasting a lick of time, she cracked the seal on the bottle and before Ben could protest Evie splashed the brown liquid into his cup. It wasn’t a small pour, as her was usually heavy handed with her liquor. She didn’t say a word as she trailed off from the front door, kicking off her black heels as she lead Ben down the trail of rose petals before they came to an end at the base of their king sized bed. Ben knew where this was headed and he couldn’t help but look at his wife with a hunger in his eyes, but before Evie indulged him she took a seat on the side of the bed and gave the vacant space beside her a light tap. Ben obliged and took a seat beside her, before the both turned towards one another.

“Happy birthday my love.” She blushed as she spoke.

Evie hated to admit it out loud as she was the strong bold type but whenever she spoke to Ben he still gave her butterflies and whenever the two of them were together everyone else and all the world’s problems just melted away into nothing. She only had eyes for him and right now she couldn’t keep her crystal clear green eyes off on him. There wasn’t an inch of him she didn’t know, there wasn’t a freckle she hadn’t seen, a scar she didn’t know the backstory of, he was her story. A book if you will, that she loved reading over and over. Evie screwed the lid back on the bottle before she placed it by the end of the bed on the floor, before reaching across to clink her glass onto his for a cheers. They both downed the whiskey before they set their glasses onto the nearby, bed side table.

“Too many more years of us growing old together.” He smiled towards her. “Baby…” He started.

Although he wasn’t allowed to finish that sentence either, Evie had been very curt today cutting him down each time he tried to talk to her but with good reason. He could see why she was the way she was in the golf kart, she didn’t want to spoil his party. Although all he wanted to do was to thank her and tell her how much she meant to him but Evie wouldn’t allow him such freedom, not yet anyways. Reaching across she placed her right index and middle finger on his lips, before she dragged them down lingering there as she looked across at him.

“I don’t know how I got so damn lucky.” She started. “I still don’t know after all this time why me, you could’ve had anyone in the world and you chose me.” Evie agonized her words. “There isn’t a day that goes by where I don’t think about that and I don’t thank my lucky stars for you coming into my life five years ago. There isn’t a day I don’t think about seeing those big beautiful blue eyes and that stupidly stupid goofy smile that’s plastered on your face.” Her voice cracked a little from nerves. “The first time I saw you, I knew you were special, I knew I wanted to get to know you and I just knew you would change my whole wide world and tip it upside down… because it’s the same day I started to feel again.”

Evie’s hands were now in Ben’s as he held onto her for support. Even though he was on the wrong side of tipsy, he couldn’t take his eyes off her as she spoke. His goofy smile still splashed on his face as she spilled her heart to him.

“I pinch myself every morning I wake up beside you and god only knows why he put you in my life, but I’m thankful every day that it happened.” She paused to catch herself. “I love you Benjamin.”

His face lit up as she said his full name, normally that meant he was in trouble but he could tell by the look on her face he was far from it tonight. Ben moved closer to her, his hands moving from hers as her dragged her in towards him. His muscular right arm was around her waist, as his left hand reached up to caress the side of her face. It was so rare to see her so emotional, it was unique to see the pre happy tears glimmer in her eyes as she fought back to keep them there. Tonight wasn’t about her, it was about him the last thing he needed was Evie being all emotional and ruining the night with sappiness but she could tell by the way he was holding her and the way he was looking at her that he didn’t mind.

“I couldn’t find the right words at the time to make you a video, I’m sorry.” She blushed. “If I knew how to put into words how you make me feel and how lucky I am to have you in my life I would have. I just hope you know I wish nothing but the best for you and I hope today was a fantastic day for you, you deserve it.” Evie smiled.

Ben didn’t reply with words, he just met her lips with his and before either of them could stop it they were deep in a passionate embrace. It didn’t matter that their breathes were tainted with liquor it didn’t matter that they were both exhausted from their night all that mattered was this moment and right now Ben wanted to show Evie that he received the message that she was so desperately trying to send him.

Evie had a way with words but when it came to expressing herself and how she felt for her husband she normally turned into a bumbling mess. You see they weren’t your typical couple that met, got along, started dating, fell in lust, like then love. Their path to marriage was quiet quick, it steam rolled from a one off meeting and since then their story had been littered with ups and downs but one thing remained the same they always remained by each other’s side they always had each other’s backs and they always made each other their top priority.

Evie felt Ben’s weight shift as he pushed her back on to the bed, before he rolled on top of her. This is exactly where she knew tonight, well today would end but she still couldn’t let him get away with it. Evie might have wanted it just as much as he did but, it was his birthday it needed to be different it had to be different. Breaking the kiss, Evie quickly rolled out from underneath Ben and much to his surprise he watched her remove herself from the bed. The confusion was livid in his eyes as he watched Evie walk around the bed before disappearing from their bedroom.

“Eves.” Ben called out sounding a little confused. “You alright lo...?”

Before he could continue Evie had made her way back into the room, his eyes were locked on her as he looked her up and down. Ben had missed the black silk like material that was now in Evie’s hands, she clearly had something in mind. Like a school boy his feverish need to be with her, over took his sense as Ben stumbled across the bed, knocking over the bottle of whiskey he took a millisecond to look back but the voice inside his mind said it all “leave it” and leave it he did as he ate up the ground between himself and Evie with ease. Just as Ben reached out to touch her, Evie turned around before looking back at him over her shoulder.

“One last gift.” She smiled devilishly. “Best unwrap it.” Her voice was like honey as she teased him. “Remember, greedy hands make light work.” Evie said with haste.

Her blood red lips parted with anticipation and Ben obliged her demands, reaching up his right thumb and index finger found the zip of the black dress and as they enclosed it his eyes scanned down to see that the little clasp was in fact a tiny bow. Evie heard him grunt as a chuckle escaped his lips, before she heard the zipper start to drag down her spine freeing her. Today had gone to plan and everything was just how Evie wanted, and well that there meant everything to her and to see that endless smile on his face brought her nothing but pure happiness. And well that’s where we’ll leave our resident Sin City Wrestling good guy, bad girl couple as you no doubt know where this is going and if you don’t? Well good for you. It’s a wonderful thing to have a pure mind and soul.

##

Tuesday marked the 12 of March, that day didn’t hold any real special occasion it was just another dim, boring day in lockdown for most. You know the ones, who refuse to leave their hotel rooms in fear they might trip and fall into some fun. Nevertheless, the sun was beaming the birds were chirping and our resident good cop bad cop couple of Ben and Evie Jordan were out and about already on this fine spring day. The two had spent the morning at breakfast catching up with Fenris and Aron before they moved away from the group and headed back to the scene of Evie’s latest crime.

Crimes against Putt-Putt.

Yet, she was determined to get this bogey off her back and finally master the mundane task that was putt-putt. Evie couldn’t put it into words and she couldn’t understand why golfing wasn’t like every other sport she tried her hand at. Normally she was naturally, annoyingly gifted when it came to the wide world of sports but since trying her luck at golf and putt-putt Evie’s confidence had taken more hits than the ridiculously daft little white ball that at times refused to leave its tinny tiny perch also known as the tee. Her inability to conquer this task was driving her up the wall but being the true champion she was, she refused to give and let herself be defeated by such an absurd social activity. 

Ben and Evie had already worked their way through fourteen of the eighteen holes of the putt-putt course. Ben was forced to keep score as he knew his wife was under counting her shots of the ball actually finding it home in the hole and to keep things fair he thought it would be the best to pull rank and play the umpire as well as couch for his wife. As Evie made her way up towards the tee, she placed her ball on the white pin before she moved back looking to take the shot.

“This time Eves, maybe look in the actual direction you want the ball to go.” Ben offered her some logic, but he couldn’t hide his brazen smirk.

Evie turned back to look at him, her eyes scanning his body up and down. She wanted the throttle him. He was dressed in a pair of bright white Nike shoes, his bright white socks were up midway on his calves, while he was sporting a pair of tan cargo shorts, with a ridiculous three button up polo shirt that was navy to top it all off he had a pair of golfing gloves on and an silly little flat brimmed cap on. He was dressed for the American PGA, as he brashly stood behind her maintaining a safe distance with his golf club drawn across the back of his shoulders. He rotated his muscles around as if he was warming up for his next round while smiling at his wife like a school boy who was just about to be made captain of the football team.

“You know… now I see where I’ve gone wrong on the last one hundred holes.” Evie bit back, her voice poured out like venom.

Evie turned back to look down at the ball, before she lined herself up to take the shot. You see the thing was Evie is that she wasn’t a rational thinker, she wasn’t the type of girl to go into something half-arse she was more a bull being taunted by a red sash. Without thinking the Aussie teed off, clipping the ball sending it up into the air slightly before it landed off to the side into the rocky garden. Evie didn’t bother to turn around she could already see Ben’s reaction behind her as he tried to hide his smile with the small clipboard that was in his hands. Walking off after her ball Evie didn’t care that she was in Ben’s way as he lined up and took his turn just gently guiding the ball off the tee and towards the hole. It was almost a hole in one but the ball curved on the rim and spat out at the last second but came to a stop just by the hole. Setting him up for a two shot victory on hole fifteen. Evie had ventured into the garden and collected her ball before she throw it back on to the green, she watched it bounce before it rolled to a stop. With a simple shrug of her shoulders near enough was good enough for her as she putted the ball towards the hole, but instead of going anywhere near it the ball rolled off towards the sand at the end of the green.

“This is stupid.” She groaned. “I don’t see how people even think this is remotely fun.” Evie whined.

Ben looked up at Evie as he took his final putt and watched as the ball rolled effortlessly into the hole with ease. Even with his eyes locked on his wife, he still managed to sink the ball in two putts causing her to throw her head back in a mock tantrum. His blue eyes couldn’t help but look her up and down, Evie hadn’t taken their golf date as seriously as him as she wore a pair of black slip on gladiator style lace up open toed flats. She was wearing a short spaghetti strap sun dress that was dark green while her long black hair was parted and braided with two power braids. Evie’s right hand was littered with gold rings on each finger, while her left hand was left to display her large engagement ring and gold wedding band with pride. As Ben made his way over towards his wife, he gently dragged her back onto the green and gave her ball a kick out of the sand pit. In true Saint Ben style he let her get away with that, without counting it but he moved himself behind her. As Evie wrapped her hands around the golf club, Ben moved in behind her placing his hands on hers as he helped her sink the ball in the next putt of the ball.

“See…” His voice sounded menacing even though it was just above a whisper. “It’s really not that hard.” He chuckled.

Evie just looked up at him screwing up her nose at him, it was eating her alive knowing that he was better at this than her and even though she had started today’s game in high spirits the thrill of the chase was starting to wear off and quickly. The two gathered their golf balls before they moved onto the sixteenth hole and lucky for Evie the end was in sight. The lined up at the start of the green looking down towards the hole, Evie could see a number of obstacles that would get in her way. There were rocks, curves, and humps in the ground, bridges and two statues of appeared to be a Greek god. Funny, Evie didn’t remember reading about Ares playing golf when she was forced to study Greek mythology at school but here she was standing on a Greek god putt-putt course being forced to play along in this lousy game.

“I’ll go first.” Ben announced. “I’ll show you how it’s done.” He teased her.

“How about we make this interesting, I mean… put something on the line that might make playing this game worth my while?” Evie bargained with him.

Ben looked back at Evie and with a devilish smirk on his face as he quickly thought of some conditions.

“Sure. I mean, I’m not going to lose at this rate anyways, might as well make this game worth my time.” He chipped back at her. “Name your price Mrs Jordan.”

Evie walked around him dropping her ball down onto the tee, before she pushes him out of her way looking down the green she looked at her options before she turned back to smile at him over her shoulder.

“If I get a hole in one… we pretend that we’re at home and you sir… owe me a picnic in the park.” She arched her right eyebrow with a sultry smile on her face.

Ben looked at his wife and shook his head from side to side. He knew exactly what she was talking about and there wasn’t any food involved. You see Ben and Evie had come accustomed to creating little code words for when their relationship was a secret and right now, even though a picnic in the park didn’t make any sense to anyone else Ben knew exactly what his wife was after.

“Not going to happen. Were in lockdown with people we work with. Now’s not the time or place for it.” Ben shot her down. “Try again.” He beckoned her.

Evie just looked at him, the devil in her eye as she sucked in her bottom lip before she turned away from him.

“That’s my price Benny-Boy.” She scoffed. “What’s the matter? It’s not like I’m going to even come close to it… but you know it might get me to start thinking about the game more.” She teased.

“Just take your shot.” Ben smiled.

Evie did just take and by some miracle the ball managed to glide down the green, take on the turf but it ended up falling short of coming close to the hole. Stepping away from the tee, Evie looked up at Ben and shrugged her shoulders but he could tell from the look in her eye that she was kicking herself inside. On the sixteenth hole Evie wasn’t successful nor was she any closer on the seventeenth but she was feeling lucky on the eighteenth hole. As the two stepped towards their final round, Evie looked back at her husband before she took a step back from the tee.

“Have you changed your mind yet?” Evie smirked. “I mean now’s a good time to lock in that bet.” She rolled her eyes.

She was defeated, there was no way on God’s green earth that she was going to sink a hole in one and Ben knew it. Ben stepped around Evie taking his spot in front of her in the line but before he swung his club he turned back and looked at her.

“You know what? You’re on… hell why, don’t we up the ante? If you get a hole in one, which you won’t on the hardest round of the course… I’ll play your little game but I’ll pay up times three. Anytime, anyplace, anywhere you want. You say the word, and I’ll oblige” Ben’s voice tore her down with sarcasm.

Evie watched as he husband clicked the ball with his club sending it down the runway towards the hole. It came up just short once again but Ben still had a pretty chuffed look on his face as he walked off after it to tap it into the hole for a grand total of two putts and victory of the game. However the score card didn’t matter right now, as Evie stepped up to the plate and without any prethinking or planning she chipped the ball off the tee, sending it slightly airborne before the ball landed on one of the three rocks that surrounded the hole. Ben and Evie watched on as the ball bounced from one rock, to another and then the third before it swiftly and graciously dropped into the hole. Ben’s eye grew wide in shock after his eyes managed to peel away from the hole in one he looked up at his wife in disbelief. Evie was standing there with a cheeky look in her face, but her poker face couldn’t hide the truth. Taking her time Evie walked down the green before she bent over in front of her husband to pick up the ball she had just sunk on the hardest hole of the course in one strike throwing it up into the air before catching it she slammed it into her husband’s chest. She wasn’t hurtful just forceful as she stole his full attention.

“You played me the whole time didn’t you?” Ben spoke in shock.

“What can I say? I’m a pro at everything.” Evie toyed with him.

Ben couldn’t believe it as he shook his head from side to side after witnessing his wife fake bad golf twice now since being in lockdown. Apart of him was fuming but the other part of him couldn’t stop smiling.

“And now… you have to pay up. What was it? Anytime, anyplace, anywhere?” She mocked him. “Can I add, it’s well overdue? I mean when we first got together you couldn’t keep those hands off me, anytime, anyplace and anywhere… so I’ve been really feeling neglected as of late. It’s almost like you don’t even want me anymore.” She bunged on the saddest tone she could muster. “You’ll just have to make it up to me I guess… three times over am I right?” She questioned him bashfully. “When will you learn that you really shouldn’t play with the devil my love, because the devil always… wins.”

Ben didn’t have any words, well nothing he could think of right now that would match his wife’s happiness as she walked off leaving him on the green putt-putt course thinking about what he had just signed himself up for in an awful bet that had now blown up in his face.

##

The scene opened up in one of the lesser known areas of the Saxon Hotel, it was part of the under belly inside the laundry room. For the time being the room was abandoned, there wasn’t a single sound emanating from the room either. Yet there was a smell in the air of freshly washed linen and the crispness that only came to life after using a clothes dryer could bring on from overly bleached whites. Let’s be honest it was needed at the Saxon hotel at the moment, seeing as the amount of bed hopping had amplified since being in lockdown. This place was where bad deeds were laid to rest, to be washed out and reborn in the next round of housekeeping. However for the time being it was deserted, only one grim light hung from the ceiling that swung back and forth from the breeze that pushes through this part of the hotel from large fire vents keeping the safety standards up to code. As the light swung, the cameras panned into pick up on some movement in the dimly lit room. In the background there was a figure of a woman, standing in the shadows and with each swing of the light a new object was brought to light. She was dressed in a skin tight black dress, which flooded down to the floor while it completely covered her arms hemming at her wrists the fabric was tatted and torn.

“Mercedes… Mercedes… Mercedes…” Evie’s thick Australian accent was unmissable as she spoke. “The collector of all things facts and figures. The proverbial Bean Counter of Sin City Wrestling. The woman who knows and keeps the history of each and every Sin City Wrestling star written in her note book so when the time comes she can spill the facts, she can tell the stories… she can decimate and destroy her opponents with crippling statistics that drive everyone senseless.” Evie paused.

The light swung towards her once more, to see her tanned face was perfectly highlighted with makeup. Her pouty lips were of course blood red, highlighting the whiteness of her teeth.

“The woman who on paper is the most decorated bombshell in Sin City Wrestling history and yet, she is so often overlooked, downplayed and discarded as a write off.” Her tone oozed with conviction. “A woman I have never stepped inside the six-sided ring alone with, which completely baffles seeing as her and I have been in this company together for years. I might run hot and cold at times, but regardless of that… Mercedes and I have only crossed paths in a tag team title match… where of course, she suffered defeated and where of course I blossomed in victory.” Her face lit up with a cheeky smirk.

The light swung towards Evie once more, showing that her long black hair was down, flowing with soft curls like a waterfall around her shoulders as she spoke.

“‪Sunday night‬ at Climax Control marks a very special night for Mercedes as she stares down the possibility to add me to her list. I bet the thought of writing my name and dragging a line through it is enough to put Mercy into a state of ecstasy. I bet the thought drives her wild knowing that one of the few that have escaped her grasps are now within reach, I bet her skin pains with Goosebumps as she stares across the ring from me ‪on Sunday night‬ knowing that she has the chance to add another notch to her wrestling bedpost.” Evie’s tone was haunting as she teased. “I bet the thought of facing me, brings her nothing but thoughts of greatness, thoughts of elation as in her tiny mind she’ll believe that she stands a chance… and yet that sense of chance, the power of possibility, the greediness of greatness will blind her and her reality will be a meek reminder to her and to all of those who dare to stand before me this time round.” Evie licked her lips.

The light swung above the camera, showing everyone that Evie had inched closer towards it but still her full silhouette could be seen in the shot.

“On Sunday Mercedes you will trip and stumble in your desperate skirmish for greatness, you will fall at my feet and you will be reminded that although facts, figures, stats and numbers may look good on paper… not all those facts ring true. You might be the ultimate bombshell you might be the pinnacle when it comes to championship glory, when it comes to days reigning and when it comes to being everything that Sin City Wrestling has to offer but believe me… the more the numbers stack up, the more they start to look ill in your favour. You been a multiple time champion and yet, can anyone honestly say that any of your reigns were memorable… can anyone list off your greatest hits? Can anyone shine a light on the exact moment in your career you gave us something to give two shits about? The cold answer is no.” The Aussie chuckled.

The light swung again, showing off the dark light line of washing machines in the background and yet even though this was the hotel’s laundry it brought a feeling of emptiness it brought a feeling of cold shivering fear.

“You’ll forever be a hype girl in the business, you’ll forever be the one banging on a drum demanding that everyone looks at you, demanding that everyone pays you attention. You’ll be the post it note of the Sin City Wrestling a constant reminder of what you have done and when you done it and yet… no one but yourself will ever give a shit.” Evie paused for reflection.

The light swung again, showing the cold harsh stare that was on her face as she looked down the lens of the camera.

“Just a paper based champion, without any structure without any weight... just a woman who has held it all but did nothing with chances she was delivered on a silver fucking platter.” Evie sighed, disappointed in Mercedes.

The light swung again, this time Evie had moved away from the camera so it could see her full outline in the shadows.

“On Sunday night Mercedes, you the hunter will become the hunted and there isn’t a damn thing you can do about it. There isn’t a damn piece of paper strong enough to guard you. There isn’t a part of your history that will protect you... all those victories, all those titles, all those accolades will be worthless. For I will standing across the ring from you. I all be the one to bring the glorified Mercedes Vargas to her knees and prevent you from gaining any momentum in 2020” Evie snarled towards the camera.

The light swung once more towards Evie showing off a set of antlers now perched on top of her head.

“Heavy is the head that wears the crown” Evie’s harsh accent was piercing. “And you’re just a stepping stone I need to skip over before I reclaim the Sin City Wrestling World Bombshell Championship”

This those words echoing through the abandoned laundry house of the Saxon Hotel, the swinging light came to a stop. It flickered and soon enough there was darkness.