Author Topic: - Life's Sweet Revenge  (Read 509 times)

Offline Evie Baang

• View Profile
    • Evie Baang
- Life's Sweet Revenge
« on: March 27, 2020, 09:46:19 PM »
 Last week at Climax Control 265 the Queen of the OG Gym was able to keep her crown from the lingering hands of their latest pet project Tally and truth be told Evie couldn’t have been happier. It felt good to be at the top and it felt even better knowing that she passed the test with flying colours. It was also a relief to have a certain monkey off her back at when it came to defending her crown. Needless to say, even while the world was starting to sour with the COVID-19 pandemic things were looking good for the Australian Bombshell as she inched just a little bit closer to becoming a two-time Blast from the Past winner. The first ever Two-time tournament winner might she add.

The tour had come to an abrupt close, as Mark Ward and Christian Underwood flew everyone home in these trying times putting up the current Sin City Wrestling roster in the Saxon hotel in Vegas. It was ideal considering the times and since the heartless affect COVID-19 was having on the world didn’t look to be easing it was smart for business all round. To say the least Sin City Wrestling was doing everything within its powers to keep everyone safe, happy and healthy.

Well, almost everyone.

Evie hated the thought that she was trapped here in this luxury hotel, it wasn’t because she was ungrateful it was purely because being in lockdown all over again felt like torture and surely, she had enough of that in her past. When she was younger her parents used to lock her in her room for days as punishment and now not knowing when the next time, she would be able to step foot inside her lake house back in Bar Harbour was enough to turn her stomach inside out. The thought of knowing that she could go months without seeing her pet snake Kitten, was enough to have Evie plotting ways to slip out of this confinement and smuggle her across the land. Still, Evie stayed put, for one reason and one reason only Ben Jordan’s health and wellbeing.

The week had so far flown by and Evie had successfully made it to Thursday before she decided to venture out of her hotel room. Ben had waved her off this morning to go spend some time with the boys, while Evie thought it would be a great idea to numb her mind to the fact that she was trapped here for months on end, by diving herself into her house drawings. It had been a while since she had put pencil to paper and she instantly felt more at ease with each led stroke. The Aussie had positioned herself in the restaurant section of the bar, the roaring laughter from the people sitting at the actual bar itself was a distant hum as her full attention was on the large extravagant house she was sketching to life. It was over the top, overgenerous, ridiculously gaudy and a little playboy mansion for her liking but hey she didn’t have to love what her clients were after she just had to make sure it all worked out to scale, budget and timing.

The table in front of her was taken up by her large sketch pad, a number of different rulers and photos, an assortment of pencils, a scrawled over note book with numbers scratched over it as she used it instead of a calculator to work out her numbers and of course a bottle of whiskey, with a little crystal glass half-filled beside it. She was dressed from head to toe in all black, from her Nike shoes, her ripped Levi jeans to her V neck channel shirt, her attire was very true to her nature. Expensive and soulless, just the way she liked it. Meanwhile her long dark brown hair sat on the top of her head in a messy bun, while a pencil was stabbed through the middle of it, trying it’s hardest to keep it all together. Evie’s face had next to no makeup on, but she always made sure her dark circles under her eyes were covered, her eyelashes were on point and her lips were blood red.

As Evie Jordan continued to live in own little world, she missed her Blast from the Past Mark Cross spot her from a distance and it wasn’t until it was almost too late before she felt her personal space being invaded. With a swift eye roll the Aussie groaned as she continued to draw away.

“What do you want?” Evie hissed, her words poured out like venom.

Mark looked down at her confused, before he looked towards his watch, tapping the glass on the top as if it was reading incorrectly.

“Umm, I’m pretty sure you said we should meet up at this time and discuss Sunday night?” Mark’s statement sounded more like a question.

He didn’t wait for permission he just took it upon himself to take a seat across from Evie at the round table.

“Oh cool, what are you drawing?” His voice was needy and demanding.

Reaching across the table Mark tried to turn the pages towards him so he could see what Evie was working on, but he was greeted with the slamming sound of the hard cover coming to a close over his fingertips. He slightly winced in discomfort as the sharp feeling vibrated at his fingertips.

“Or not.” He snapped back, still trying to play it cool. “So, last week huh?” He wasn’t getting the hint. “It must have felt good being back out there in the ring taking this tournament seriously again, am I right?” he wiggled his eyebrows at her.

Evie just took a swig at her drink before she looked across the table at him, she couldn’t put her finger on it but there was something about his stupid face that she just wanted to punch.

“I wasn’t going to let, Tally… of all people from the OG gym, beat me.” Evie replied sarcastically.

“I don’t get why you’re so cruel about her, she seems like a cool girl.” Mark fired back in Tally’s defence.

A roll of the eyes is all Evie could offer. “Says the white knight, who was nursing a half chub over her the whole match.” She took another swig of her drink. “Lucky one of us had our eyes on the actual match and was looking for the win last Sunday night, not just Tally’s tits.” She chuckled.

Evie didn’t care, but she likes making Mark feel uncomfortable it was her best defence from letting people get to close to her. Well, she had other methods but that would involve a pencil going up his nose and piercing into the fleshy parts of his brain. Mark went to defend himself, but he was cut off by the sound of Evie’s voice.

“Are you going to have in you, to look past last week and focus on Teddy this Sunday?” She smirked. “Or should I follow up with Sierra and see if she was really keen about the partner swap?” Another smirk crossed her face.

“HAHA.” Mark spat out. “I know I can beat Teddy, I’ve done it like three times before.” He boasted. “It’s you who has to keep your eyes peeled on Sierra this week, she’s no joke… second chance or not… You’re going to have your work cut out for you this week.” He chuckled.

Evie watched as he helped himself to her bottle of whiskey, topping up his glass that he brought over to greet her with. In another life that would have been enough of a reason, to leave him lifeless but her anger levels had balanced out since meeting Ben.

“I have a one question.” He started, not waiting for her to interrupt. “What made you give up wrestling in the first place? How did you not miss it? Surely last week was enough to bring back the rush to be inside the ring?” Mark looked directly at Evie searching for answers.

Evie hadn’t really thought about it since leaving the ring she was more focused in her blueprints to even find the time to miss lacing up her boots. Sitting back in her chair, she sighed before thinking of her answer.

“I just didn’t want to do it anymore. I was done, mentally.” She sighed. “I had other things come up that I wanted to conquer in my life. Things I wanted to move forward with and start. I didn’t need the money. I never wanted fame. I liked wrestling because it helped me grow closer to my husband, but the more I wrestled the more I saw it was his thing, not overly mine.” Evie just shrugged her shoulders.

She swallowed hard, it was a lie, but she couldn’t tell him that she had stopped wrestling to try and find a cure for her long aching pain of not being able to be a mother. Evie didn’t know him, she didn’t like him that much and well it was none of his business. It was as if Mark had picked up on her icy vibe, so he was reaching for a way to kick the conversation back off in a more friendly direction.

“So, what’s your deal?” He questioned. “I can see you can draw, what did you want to aspire to be as a kid?” Mark took a swig of his drink listening for a response very intently.

There was a thousand things Evie could have told him, the major and obvious answer was “alive” as her childhood wasn’t exactly a walk in the park. Yet, she didn’t know him enough to trust Mark with such details of her childhood.  Mark Cross wasn’t like her previous Blast from the Past partner Lord Raab she could tell him anything and he would never judge her or hold it against her. While Mark Cross, was a joker and everything to him was laced with humour, Evie didn’t take lightly of being laughed out. She didn’t take well to people who mocked her, she was too pigheaded to see the funny side of it all.

“Honestly…” She hesitated to start, but Evie knew she had to give him something. “I wanted to be an artist.” She sighed.

Evie looked right at him, waiting for Mark to make a witty comment or make a joke of her dreams but he just sat there and nodded his head.

“Cool, cool…” He agreed. “Can you only draw houses or like can you paint pretty ponies as well?” There was a hint of humour laced in his reply.

Evie couldn’t help but chuckle, she used to paint houses and well if you had seen the Irishman you would exactly what that meant. She didn’t reply with words, she just pushed her sketch pad over towards him, letting him flick through the pages.

“Tell anyone what you find in there and I’ll kill you.” A cold hard stare was all she could offer.

Mark just chuckled as he took a swig from his drink before he started to flick through the pages of Evie’s sketch book. It didn’t take long for the two to end up in conversation from array of topics, there match this Sunday, Evie’s weird drawings of her dog Bear, to Evie trying to learn the rules of gridiron. truth be told Mark wasn’t that bad of a person and Evie had been nothing but rude and unfair to him at the start of the Blast from the Past but she was doing everything in her power to at least try and show him she was going to attempt to be a better partner as the rounds ticked down. Two hours had ticked by before Mark made his leave from the table, but not before leaving parting words that would haunt her.

“Believe it or not Evie… no matter how hard work you’ve tried to be… I’ve had a lot of fun partnering up with you. Besides, seeing you compete in the final again? It just feels right somehow.” Mark paused to let that sink in before he raised his glass to her. “Thanks for the drink.”

Without waiting for her reply Mark took his leave from the table leaving Evie siting there lost in two frames of minds. One she had treated him like an idiot when really, he wasn’t that bad of person and two, did they just become acquaintances, maybe even friends? Evie couldn’t let those choices mellow in the back of her mind and she was quick to drown them as she brought the bottle of Whiskey to her lips downing a massive mouthful to remove the taste of being nice out of her mouth.

Colleting her things Evie shoved her pencils and rulers into her handbag before she shut her sketch pad. As she was gathering her belongings, she couldn’t help but miss the loud chuckle that was beaming from the bar. A smile instantly found it home on her face, as she recognised her husband’s voice going back and forth with the softer Icelandic tone that belong to Fenris. Quickly getting her things together Evie turned on her heels and made a beeline over towards them. As she approached them, she could see that Ben’s eyes were already on her as he reached out for her.

“BAAAAAAABY….” He screamed as he pulled her into him for a hug. “Where you been all my life?” he chuckled.

Evie looked at Ben he was buzzed, and she looked over her shoulder to see that Fenris was just as bad as Nicky, Daniel and Os were further down the bar enjoying themselves. She didn’t want to ruin their boy’s night, but she couldn’t just walk past Ben either. Evie gently placed her lips near his right ear giving him a gentle kiss before she whispered to him “behave” the two exchanged a wink before Evie went to leave the group to their own entertainment.

“Let me guess, you want me to take care of him again?” Fenris growled, rolling his eyes.

Evie just turned on her heels looking over at him with a blood red smile.

“Nah, he’ll be right.” Evie went to walk off. “Although thank you for last time.” She almost choked as those words came out, hating every second of it.

Ben’s eyes grew wide as he couldn’t believe what he was hearing, but he didn’t have the time to make a big deal over it as Evie just walked back over towards him. She planted her lips on his for a quick kiss, nothing to showy or gross for the crowd of boys near them, just enough to say she missed him before she took her leave. Leaving the group behind as she heard Ben wolf whistle towards her. While Fenris narrowed his eyes in confusion over how nice Evie just was towards him. He would have to question that later, as for now another row of shots were lined up on the bar before them and well, everyone in that group had to be a winner. It was going to be a long afternoon for the group and an even longer night for the bar staff.

---

It was a long drawn out day for Evie but instead of trying to make the most of quarantine life for the next few weeks or months she had decided to turn in for the night. Since, Ben was the Sin City Wrestling Heavyweight Champion, Evie was lucky enough to tag along with his success and bypass the run of the mill type rooms and was treated to the hot tub suite. If there was going to be one saving grace from all of this madness, it was going to be that hot tub. Evie had dimmed the lights in the room, had lit a few candles, turned on the bubbles to low and was just about to sink into body into the hot tub, when her phone started to chime from across the room.

A dramatic groan left her lips, normally she would have just let the phone dial out, but the ringtone belonged to her best friend Calista, the same best friend who she had asked to go to Bar Harbour and check on her pet snake. Evie wrapped herself up in a white robe, before she dashed across the room reaching out for her phone, swiping the bar across to answer the call before it abruptly went to voicemail. The phone just as quickly was brought up to the right side of her face, so she could talk.

“EVIEEEEEE.” Calista screamed with excitement. “EVIEEEEEEE!” She repeated

Calista couldn’t help herself she was so too excited to contain all of her emotions.

“Jesus Christ.” Evie barked. “Are you trying to make me deaf? What’s going on over there? Is Kitten okay?” There was uncertainty in her tone.

Evie had never heard Calista’s voice in this tone before, sure they had grown up together for most of their lives and they had been overjoyed and excited around each other before but there was something about Calista’s tone that was extra enthusiastic, it was as if all of her luck had balled together and was now being nursed in the palm of her hands.

“Evie, you’re never going to believe it.” She gushed. “You’re going to be an Aunty.” Her voice was beaming on the other side of the phone. “Elijah and I… were going to PARENTS.” She screamed down the phone again.

The ball in the pit of her Evie’s stomach felt as if it had been turned to concrete as she tried to find the right words for this beautiful moment in her friends’ life. She couldn’t help by feel overjoyed for Calista but at the same time, the blood in her body was boiling, her normally icy skin was scorching as little beads of sweat started sweltering from her pours. Evie stepped around the couch in the middle of the living room, before she took a seat it was as if her legs were betraying her and all of a sudden, she couldn’t hold herself up. Her mouth went dry as she forcefully had to swallow to get some saliva back in her mouth to be able to form the words to reply.

“Oh Cally, this is wonderful news.” She blinked back the sudden urge to cry. “Ben and I are so excited for you all.”

She was trying her hardest to sound sincere, this wasn’t about her. This was about her best friend just telling her about the best news a would be mother could tell someone. Evie searched for things to say but thank heavens Calista’s voice buzzed down the phone first.

“Oh my god, I can’t wait to see you again.” She squealed. “I hate to cut this short, but I wanted you to be the first to know… I’ve got to call my mum, she will be over the moon.” Calista gushed. “Oh... before I go, Kitten is fine… don’t stress we’ve got this. I love you Evie.”

“I love you too.” Her voice was just above a whisper.

The call dropped out as Calista had ended the call, but Evie couldn’t move the phone from side of her face. It was if she was frozen in time, as two lonely tears ran from each of her eyes. It wasn’t that Evie wasn’t over the moon for her best friend, she was deep down she knew she was. However, she couldn’t shake the feeling that was now thundering with every fibre of her core. The phone slide from the side of her face and crashed to the carpeted floor, she didn’t bother to pick it up. Evie just scooped her feet up into her chest and held onto them for dear life. Bear had sensed from across the room that something wasn’t right, and he quickly made his way over towards her. Doing all what all good dogs do, he jumped up on the couch and rested his head on her side, as if to offer her the comfort she desired.

Evie couldn’t focus on him, as of right now her memory had dragged her back down a deep dark well, she never thought she would have to visit again. She remembers the day it happened to her crystal clearly. It turned out to be her father’s idea, he told her it would keep her focus on the task at hand and that if she just did what he said, he could promise her the world. There would be no womanly distractions for her. Soon enough she was back at that makeshift hospital that the lineage ran from their headquarters. Her wrists and ankles were back in chains, a ripped dirty cloth was balled up in her mouth, her focus was blurry as the medications were starting to take hold, controlling her ability to stay awake.

The next thing she knew, Evie had woken up alone in a cold dark empty room, the sound of water dropping from the ceiling and pooling to the floor. Tears streamed down her face, but she couldn’t call for help as the gag stayed in place preventing her from making a sound. The pain that was coursing through her body was enough to have her passing in and out of slumber, it was as if something had been ripped from her body leaving her lifeless.

Evie dropped on to the couch, holding Bear for dear life, as tears welled in her eyes. She refused to let them fall, as she closed them letting the tears sit there. She deserved this pain, after everything appalling, she had done in her life she didn’t deserve to be a mother. This was her torture, this was her everlasting pain and right now it was crippling her to ashes. It didn’t take Evie long to pass out on the couch, her mind blistering from the deeply embedded pain.

--

The scene opened up with the footage of Evie Jordan, clicking the record button on her laptop from the comfort of her hotel room. She was dressed head to toe in black as she moved away from the screen to take a seat in the large black leather recliner that was in her living room area of her room.

“Ugh, I feel like Jessie Fucking Salco having to cut this from inside the walls of my hotel room.” She turned her nose up at the thought of it. “But when the world’s going to shit, you make lemonade out of fucking lemons.” Evie shrugged her shoulders.

Evie tossed a long lock of her brown hair over her tanned shoulder, before she looked back down the lens of the camera.

“Let’s cut right to the chase, shall we?” She a cold smirk crossed her face. “Teddy Train Wreck Warren.” She cringed. “How the fuck are you still in this thing? No offence.” Evie smirked. “Nah, fuck that you all know me better than that, take all the fucking offence because it’s warranted. You’re the most pathetic thing I have ever seen in the history of Sin City Wrestling.”

It was a big call, but someone had to make it. Evie continued to look down the lens of the camera and carried on with her words.

“You want us to take you seriously, when you bark your words acting like the big bad tough guy of Sin City Wrestling but when it came to your bite… you a grown arse man pissed his pants, over a 5 foot nothing tall J2H? All James had to do was flinch and the tears welled almost as quickly as your pants filled and yet, you’re the next big thing in this company? You’re the next in line for greatness, yeah, nah fuck that.” She chucked. “Please… and you want to spray us all.” She stopped. “That’s a terrible term to say after referring to your little weak bladder syndrome… but hey! I was talking about the shit that constantly comes from your mouth week in and week out about how you’re going to be the next big thing in Sin City Wrestling. How you’re going to beat everyone that the bosses put before you. Let’s face it little man... the only thing you’re beating each and every night is yourself.”

Evie sighed, before rolling her head from side to side over her shoulders trying to release the tension form the back of her neck.

“The fact you’re even allowed to compete in Sin City Wrestling is a health code violation and that’s saying something considering the world we’re now living in.” She rolled her piercingly green eyes. “I bet COVID-19 even looks at you and says, yeah, nah fuck that I ain’t going there.” A little chuckle left her lips. “You’re worthless, trashy claim to fame is you rubbing your jellies against Kate hoping desperately that some of her success will rub off on you like glitter, but trust me all the body glitter in the world isn’t going to help you this Sunday night when you come face to face with Mark Cross for the fourth time, just to wind up facing the same reality time and time again.” She paused for dramatic flair. “You’re never going to be good enough to beat Cross, I really hope you can get that through your thick head, and this Sunday night will be no different. Your chances of winning the Blast from the Past tournament will fall short, but hey… you’re good with that right, you’re all over premature endings. This climb, this fairy-tale will be no different.”

Evie rolled her eyes, before she looked down at her right hand looking at her long-manicured nails as if she didn’t have a care in the world.  

“As if my team is going to allow you to get one step closer to facing Ben Jordan for the World Heavyweight Championship… as if Mark Cross is going to allow you to beat him and put yourself in contention for his Underground Championship?” Evie shook her head. “You’re going to do what you do every time you step inside that ring, you’re going to slip and mess up and when it really comes down to it, when it really comes for you to finally grab the brass ring and make a name for yourself in this company you’re to be reminded of your worth.. when Mark Cross puts you down for the fourth time. Leaving you out in cold, where there’s no bright lights, there’s no fame, there no fortune. There’s just you, a pretender holding onto nothing.”

Evie faked a yawn before she continued.

“Now on to Sierra, the woman who has bested me once before in Sin City Wrestling. To say the scar hasn’t healed would be an understatement.” She sighed. “However, I find myself in the predicament where I can finally right a wrong in my Sin City Wrestling career when I come face to face with Sierra this Sunday night. This week I’m calling it my redemption round, where I will do everything in my power to put Sierra back in her place.”

Evie’s eyes remained locked on the camera.

“Don’t think for a single second that I have forgotten you, Sierra and don’t think for a single second that I will allow you to walk over me again. You’re given me something to work for this week and that’s to make good on a wrong, that’s to move past this monkey that is on my back… that’s to silent the doubters who say I simply can’t beat you...” Evie paused. “Because I can, I will, and it will all boil over this Sunday night at Climax Control.”  

She clicked her tongue off her white teeth, piercing the camera with her green eyes.

“It’s not that I don’t like you, because truth be told you’re one to watch in the business, but Sunday night won’t be your night. This second coming in the tournament won’t be met with victories and your push towards the World Bombshell Championship… because your journey comes to an abrupt conclusion this weekend all because of me.” Evie smirked wildly. “You might have had the last laugh last time we stepped inside the ring together, but mark my words Sunday night you won’t be laughing… I’m going to strip away the one thing you’ve been looking forward to in this competition and that’s right to fight for the World Bombshell Championship at the end.” She paused, letting that sink in.

Evie moved forward in her chair, as if she really wanted to drive her next words home.

“For she who laughs last, laughs the loudest and on Sunday when I tear away your opportunity to make a mad dash for the finals in the tournament trust me, your mouth will be sealed shut, while mine? I’ll be fucking grinning ear to ear, because I’m going to be the sole reason, you’re not going to make it.” Evie chuckled.

“Revenge is sweet isn’t it? Especially when it’s taken sooo long to execute.” She licked her lips. “Your misery and downfall will be assassinated chaos implemented from these hands.”  

Evie smirked wildly.

“You’re going to wish that you were never given a second chance because I assure you… when I set myself a goal, nothing and I mean nothing will stop me or stand in my way for accomplishing it. This weekend isn’t just about beating you to advance into the finals it’s about me, reminding the world just who the fuck I am… and what the fuck I’m capable off and trust me, your head on a spike is the extra memento the world needs to remember how threatening I can be.”

Evie just smirked wildly before she made her way over to her laptop slamming the lid shut, leaving the scene in darkness.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 09:47:24 PM by Evie Baang »